The latest development in this ongoing saga is just stunning. Charges have been brought against a New Jersey couple and a “not-homeless man” allegedly involved in charitable scam.  Prosecutors now say it was a complete con; a manufactured story they created; they made it all up and bilked the kind hearts of people for over $400,000.  They were arrested:

(Via Associated Press) Authorities say a New Jersey couple and a homeless man made up a “feel good” story about the man helping them so they could raise money through an online fundraiser.

Burlington County prosecutors outlined the allegations against Mark D’Amico, Katelyn McClure and Johnny Bobbitt on Thursday. All three are charged with theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception.

The couple has claimed they set up a GoFundMe page for Bobbitt after he helped McClure get gas when she became stranded in Philadelphia last year. But prosecutors say they found evidence all three knew each other for at least a month before and set up the scheme.

D’Amico and McClure surrendered Wednesday night. Their attorney said they have no comment. Bobbitt is jailed in Philadelphia. A previous lawyer of his didn’t return a call seeking comment. (read more)

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Notorious Liars, People I'd Like To Punch in the Nose, Police action, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

179 Responses to Good Samaritan Con Artists: “charged with theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception”…

1. Dances with Wolverines says:

Because of their lack of due diligence and profit, GoFundMe is complicit in this scam.

• bertdilbert says:

They must be democrats or the media would have tied them to Trump by now.

• Matt Transit says:

Not just President Trump,
        But the Russians as well!

• Matt Transit says:

Not just President Trump,
        But the Russians as well!

• Warren Bork says:

Of COURSE they were Democrats.. This act was uber-scumy.. who else would do that?

• TMonroe says:

Aren’t they part of Facebook

• Noe Dough says:

But Yet Kamala Harris and LIz Warren can legally fund raise off of Blasio Fords falsehoods..and get to keep the funds. How is this fair. Either way its “Digital Panhandling” !

• Dutchman says:

In the (admittedly fictional)
          series “breaking bad”, it demonstates how a “gofundme” acct. can be used to “launder money”, making it appear $100,000 was all the result of $10-20 ‘donations’. Also, are people recieving gofundme $ paying taxes on it Is BLASY FORD declaring it as income?

• dginga says:

In general I am opposed to the whole “go fund me” scam EXCEPT when it benefits someone I know who absolutely has a good reason to need the charity. I get solicitations for “go fund me” money pretty much every day on Facebook, and being something of a skeptic I pretty much ignore them. A recent one was from someone I actually knew. Her sister (a lifelong drug addict and convicted felon) died, and the children, my friend’s niece and nephew, threw a big, expensive funeral for her. Afterward they set up a “gofundme” page trying to raise $25,000 to pay themselves (and my friend) back for the money they fronted for this expense. Initially I ignored the requests, but then my friend got more and more insistant even calling me out on Facebook because I had not contributed. After a week or so her husband made a “collection call” to my husband to bring to his attention the fact that we had not sent them any money. It was outrageous! Since she was the one who chose Facebook as a venue to embarrass people who would not cough up the funds, I decided to post a message back to her that people should not throw parties they cannot afford. They could have had this degenerate woman cremated for about $1,000.00. They did not need to throw a big funeral, spending money they did not have to honor someone in death who never earned the honor in life. We are no longer friends, but apparently this ridiculous campaign got them most of what they wanted.

• Pa Hermit says:

Schemers without morals, typical of the Democrat disease known as Progressive/Liberal!

• lftpm says:

My money’s on the bearded guy being the mastermind in this.

He kinda looks like a clinical psychologist. Maybe one of his clients saw his picture… “Hey that’s my therapist!” and blew the whistle on him.

• Colorado Conservative says:

Agree. I recall GFM received over $50,000 in their percent of the total take. They should refund every penny of it to the donors.

• sat0422 says:

Americans have long be advised to not hand out money to people but donate to places that are viable like The Union Mission, The Salvation Army, a church or any other reputable place. But, funding people who make up sad stories is just nuts. For Pete’s sake, P.T. Barnum was right. My version is that there are fools born everyday….maybe one every 10 minutes.

Whatever happened to opening an account at the bank and people sending donations to the bank. At least that way, there is some oversight.

GFM is nothing more than a con game and yes, it has liberal Democrat overtones because they haven’t been shut down. I now only use the internet like I would a set of encyclopedias….I look up information. I may occasionally order from a company but Amazon is not on my list.

• steph_gray says:

A tip – you can search for what you want on Amazon, get the details and the name of the company that provides it, and then go straight to their own web site, in many cases.

I recently used Amazon’s search to find the name of the company here in the US that makes the Christmas window battery candles I have been buying for years (so much better and more durable than the Chinese junk ones). Found a few replacements on ebay using the company name.

• JJ...the first one says:

This is what I do; donate to the viable.
          I don’t trust any charities, so I donate periodically to Nashville Mission and Veterans Association. I receive so many requests for these two, I actually chart the times and what I donated; usually twice a year.

• HerbyGal says:

I no longer donate to any national charities. When they call, I tell them I only donate locally now. I do donate to Salvation Army, but through our local branch. It’s sad there are so many crooks out there.

• Carrie2 says:

JJ, I keep a list of where I donate for 2 yrs. so I don’t get caught over doing the donations. What is amazing is how many odd ball requests I get and since I suspect they are not good groups, I throw their wants to the trash. Too many scammers now because it is now so easy to get our names, addresses, etc. Have to keep eyes open and think before acting on requests.

• Judith says:

sat0422 the odds are no better giving to large charitable organizations. Forget them all, they are top-heavy and mismanaged at best, and complete phony fronts at worst.

Give locally to the needy families and the homeless you encounter in your very own community. Help those who are closest to you. Churches encourage human trafficking. Don’t enable them to continue their open borders socialism agenda. At my church I volunteer my time and my talents for fellowship activities, but I don’t give them money anymore. It is better spent elsewhere.

• redridge45 says:

Agree, help those around you. Same goes for Animal Charities, local only.

• Pa Hermit says:

The Salvation Army is NOT top heavy! Research their entity and you will find it’s one of the few that the head poohbah is not getting an outrageous salary! The Christmas tune “Silver Bells” that is so popular is in reference to this organization as is the tune by the Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever!” The Red Kettle is in reference to Simpson’s Pot. Look it up!

• spren says:

The Salvation Army is one of the best, and one of the few I trust. I give to them every year. I have visited their local operation and you are correct about their compensation. I don’t know how they do it on so little other than their own faith empowering them to service.

Contrast them with entities like United Way and the Red Cross and you will find very stark differences.

• spren says:

Incidentally, while still working I contributed a set amount every paycheck to United Way as it was like our version of union dues. But I was able to direct my funding to a specific recipient, which I always designated as our local Boy Scout council. But with all of the concessions that organization has made the last several years, they no longer receive anything from me. They sold out, and for what. That once phenomenal organization has destroyed their brand.

I earned the rank of Eagle, as did my brother and my son; I also served as a Scoutmaster for six years while my son was a scout. I used to be amazed how consistent they were with their program from the time I was a scout until I became an adult leader. But now they have been hijacked.

• Carrie2 says:

Judith, which churches encourage human trafficking. I belong to a church and have friends in other churches, so please state particular details because this is just showing your lack of belonging to any church and insulting we who attend church. We know where our donations are going at all times, thank you. I also donate locally and have a very good compassion center that is legit as well to which I and a friend donate whatever. I also give to others that I know need food, etc. All this within my small city.

• 6x47 says:

GoFundMe is issuing refunds to everyone who donated. Since the couple spent all the money GoFundMe must be footing that bill. I’m sure they’ll sue the grifters: Good luck with that!

I wonder if fraud protection for donors is part of the TOS or if it’s a one-off owing to the publicity.

• Linda K. says:

Money majes the world go around.

• Noe Dough says:

A wise man once said…..”Trust the Verify” !

• Linda K. says:

Funny how different that photo looks when you realize they are scam artists,

• bulldogdrummened says:

That’s not the only time gofundme has been use to defraud, a black woman whose daughter was murdered left 2 children behind, Grandma starts account for them they get $400,000.00 and Grandma bought a new car new clothes the children, Meh, nothing
      They finally stopped her gofundme account. It’s rife for fraud.

• Richard Whitney says:

This ought to be a lesson to the MSM, which has shouted about every instance of ‘hate crime’, but without the apology and retraction later that, “…no, there was no racial-hate-crime, the claim made by the black female student was found to be baseless.” for example (several real examples of that in our major market alone) No, they never correct themselves and apologize, they still trumpet the next faux-incident as if it were true.
      This GoFundMe fraud would have been much smaller, might not even have happened, if he MSM didn’t promote the pathos. The MSM are dupes.

• jakee308 says:

I’m guessing the one who thought this all up is the chick and she’s also the one who is rolling on the guys. There is a prejudice in sentencing for women. They will always get a lighter sentence than a man for the same crime. Part of that is because they rat out everyone else.

It’s just their nature. Sorry ladies, until you’ve been threatened with 10-15 years in the pen, you won’t understand why that’s true. The real bitches who don’t roll don’t care cause of where they’re at. The white girls from princess land can’t stand the idea of being locked up for YEARS. And they already probably blame the man for them getting caught so they roll right over.

pro tip for men: never involve women in a crime. They will tell others about it, they will roll on you when you get caught. And then divorce you and take all of what money/property you have left.

I know that’s terrible but this is from observation not personal experience.

two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. Is a good rule of thumb.

2. Stillwater says:

That cat pic is hilarious!

3. AngelOnejudicial says:

Awful.
    May just be best to keep our giving local, charity in our own communities with so many scammers & frauds out there.

• Zoe says:

Probably a lot of scams in your own neighborhood also. But look at it this way, God loves a cheerful giver and he will bless you anyway and then deal with the fraudsters.

• littlequilterkitty says:

True, but it is also wise to use caution. We are to be good stewards of whatever we are blessed with.

• JimmyJack says:

Don’t cast your pearls before swine. That has many applications.

• “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.” Matt 10:16

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD” Isiah 1:18

While it’s always good to be generous, and I’m pretty sure some well meaning souls gave out of a heart of love we must beware of scammers. The whole PC feel of this “homeless man” “woman in a bad part of town” stunk to high heaven.

And while I’m being a little bit gritty how much money did the doogooders give to the Asia BiBi GoFundMe ? As of this writing $30. https://www.gofundme.com/free-christian-mom-asia-bibi

My point is that much of this “generosity” is fake- just like fake feel-good modern religion. People like to play god then worship themselves.

• Judith says:

“People like to play God then worship themselves.”

Every single scam succeeds by making ignorant people “feel good” about themselves. In all of society’s social structures there are elements of exploitation.

Sociopaths and psychopaths lead the apaths, who wish only to get along and feel good. And Empaths lead with emotion. I happen to be an Empath with half a brain as well. And POTUS seems to be the entire package. His left and right brains both fire equally.

This “Trump Derangement Syndrome” has all the earmarks of a carefully pitched and highly coordinated scam. There’s a sucker born every minute.

• bulldogdrummened says:

Awesome point.

• armie says:

LBJ used that “let us reason together” quote a lot and it always cracked me up. I think he felt it made him look egalitarian, and probably correctly figured that most didn’t know about the “devoured with the sword” part.

• The Devilbat says:

Beware of local charities as well. Many are not what they seem. Many churches are also sending money to immigrant swarms in Europe and are backing the caravan coming through Mexico.

The worst charity in my opinion is United Way. They give millions to planned parenthood. Most of the money they hand out goes to foreign organizations. Who they are is somewhat of a mystery.

My guess is that a lot of money from United Way is going overseas to Marxists. Read this article. Look how much the CEO takes home a year. Remember this, where there is money there is always corruption.

Now read this:

• Sherri Young says:

I have no regrets from giving to the Louisiana Cajun Navy two years in a row.

• JimmyJack says:

You’re right about United Way. The Girl Scouts is now a money raising front for lunatic Marxists also. The Red Cross is out too.

The church situation makes me nuts. None of their outreach should be tax subsidized. If they want to help whoever they need to pay for it themselves. That should stop some of their generosity with illegals and “refugees”.

• RoddREpub says:

My FIL served in Vietnam and hates and I do mean hates the Red Cross. They are not on the up and up!

• Beverly says:

In World War II, the Red Cross charged our boys $ in the FRONT LINES for the donuts and coffee they brought to them!!!

The veterans never forgot, and they detested the RC for that.

But they LOVED the Salvation Army: those good people would never DREAM of charging our fighting soldiers money for donuts and coffee, or anything else! BTW, they’re the best when it comes to disaster relief: the Sallies get the most bang for your buck. Unlike the RC, which spends most of your donations on themselves: “administration” and fund-raising.

• steph_gray says:

I know the Salvation Army is excellent and they’re always my first choice.

Any opinions on Goodwill? They have a convenient truck near my grocery and I’ve been bringing them donations regularly. I hope they’re okay, because I would hate to lose that convenience – no Sallys close enough to me… And I’ve had too many failures trying to leave things out for pickup – items left behind, rained on, etc.

• Goodwill is basically a franchise and individually owned. My mouse right clicker just broke so I can’t cut and paste a link. A lot of stuff goes through Goodwill and very seldom will you see expensive donated items at a fair price, if at all. They have what they call a Goodwill Showroom in some areas and the prices they tag on stuff is higher than Home Goods, Dillards, and most department stores, from which they receive many donations. I laugh, it’s pathetic. The executive owners at the larger companies made per the internet $789,000 to $12.9M last year. Employees make minimum wage and work their hind ends off. I would give to Salvation Army, Once in a while I will buy a piece of wood furniture to paint or refurbish at Goodwill. Salvation Army is my go just because the money goes where it is suppose to, programs that help and the top Commissioner nationally only makes $13,000 per year.

• The Goodwill is basically a scam. A friend of ours was at the back of their store one day and saw 2 dumpsters loaded up with children’s bicycles. The GW employee told him that they were going to be sold for scrap metal rather than being given to needy children. That ended it for me.

• K-rock says:

The Red Cross did the same to those returning home from Korea. Sent my Dad a bill for coffee and donuts!! He despised them, and not much made him angry!!

• lanahi says:

When Idaho had severe forest fires, local organizations went all out to help the people most affected by them. The Red Cross came in at the tail of the crisis and sent out their own appeals for donations. I think they kept it all but at least didn’t help much. But it was a great photo op or two for them. There were so many donations before the Red Cross “helped”, that the local organizations actually sent notice that they couldn’t take any more donated goods! People really come through to help their neighbors, and that’s how it should be…with personal involvement instead of just sending money to places that may not spend it wisely.

I had heard about the Red Cross before but saw it with my own eyes with the fires. They are also not very effective and about 70% of their donations go toward “Administrative Costs”! You can look this up, charity organizations have to reveal this information. The same is true for the United Way.

I think most of the children’s hospitals are good. But look all of them up on the web first.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

That is the reason my dad who was in WW2 and the Korean War (in the Navy) despised the Red Cross because they charged for everything. And when my parents were alive they faithfully donated to the Salvation Army.

• woodstuff says:

In Navy boot camp, we were almost forced to give to the Red Cross at the platoon level. Anyone not signing up for withdrawal from our pay caused all of us to not receive recognition on our flags. Not participating would mean getting all the dirty jobs. The fear of scorn and group punishment made me give the the $2/month (out of $101/month pay). I was 18 at the time.

After boot, I immediately withdrew my forced contribution. Never again did I give them a dime.

• bulldogdrummened says:

Your correct about the Red Cross. When I found out they smuggled nazi war criminals after WWII. I don’t and will never give to them.

• wondering999 says:

I have been thinking that perhaps our labor is worth more than our money… I look for opportunities to help out, not with money, but with precious time

Remote Area Medical does good work and they use a lot of time from volunteers

Also the nursing homes and hospitals use volunteers — especially the ERs have a lot of desperate people

• JimmyJack says:

Charity starts at home.

• Teagan says:

Local theater groups, community bands and vocal groups, donate to the libraries, food banks, cemetery cleanups, school bands, veterans facilities, animal shelters, landscaping efforts on public properties, preserving historic buildings, local parks amenities….lots and lots of ways to help your community and the people in it right in your own back yard. And the good part…you can see the results with your own eyes.

• GuideStar has helped check bonifides of non-profits. Not perfect but makes sure 501(c)3 is in order. There is a faith-based midwestern ministry that is helping children rescued out of trafficking that gets much of my attention.

• Alligator Gar says:

Here in TLH a lot of rich fat cats living in tony Killearn subdivision (two parent families with both parents working good jobs) would don Goodwill clothes and hit the intersections with “Will work for food, God Bless” signs to panhandle after work. They made thousands tax free. The paper reported on it. We still have bums on the street corners. I always check the shoes. If they have good shoes and a dog on a string as a heart-tugging prop, forget it. Scam, every time. Bet on it.

4. rf121 says:

Unfortunately that is why I do not donate and give to the “needy”. All the scammers and con artists out there. So my standard answer is “not today”.

5. 335blues says:

Angry cat gonna get you!

6. jappy says:

People that donated deserved it. Let’s face it, they freely threw away their money to satisfy their pathological altruism.

7. InAz says:

Too bad Blasey Ford is not investigated as to where her GoFundMe money went. She obviously did not need it.

Oops, I forgot…..she is a communist Dimm therefore she is exempt from all scrutiny and laws.

8. Genie says:

This story brings a Public Enemy song to mind:

“Go lean on Shell’s answer man
    I can’t do nothin’ for ya man
    You jumped out of the jelly into a jam”

—Flava Flav, Public Enemy

9. rjcylon says:

21st century version of the perfect heist. Criminals always adjust to the times.

10. Cathy M. says:

Just curious.

What’s with the obsession with cats on this site??

11. BSR says:

2 people from the middle class who had not been philanthropist’s prior to meeting stranger. We’re going to be philanthropist’s after meeting stranger. I’m sorry but I blame the donors.

12. Hmm… they shoulda gone into politics first, then pulled the scam without intent.

Just sayn.

13. emet says:

Real grifters would now set up another gofundme to pay legal expenses. And if Hillary had won, a generous donation to the Clinton Foundation would have made the whole thing go away.

14. Sherri Young says:

Such low life.

15. JimmyJack says:

As soon as I first heard this story I knew immediately it was bs, long before the bum said they’d robbed him. rotfl. Growing up in NYC’s dark days have made me able to spot a scam a mile away.

• JimmyJack says:

And Ed Koch was right btw – NEVER give a homeless person one cent of cash. It hurts them more than it helps them. All it does is make you feel better about yourself for a brief while. If anything donate to a reputable charity that only gives in kind benefits and offers the ability to better themselves.

• Texian says:

One of my diving supervisor/senior rank divers.. Damn good men.. On Christmas Eve he would buy cases of cheap wine, put them in the back of his pickup truck and go through lower downtown alleys handing out bottles of wine to the street people..

• Mia C says:

Wow. Giving alcohol to alcoholics who’ve ruined their lives so completely they’re on the streets seems like a really bad thing to me. But I think alcohol is poison. I’ve never seen it do anything good for anyone, aside from fine French sauces or wine soaked cheese.

• steph_gray says:

<All it does is make you feel better about yourself for a brief while.

A great deal of what elite socialists do is in this category.

In the process they do ten times more harm than good.

16. Roozter says:

Cutest Mad Cat ever with the crinkly nose 😻😸!

17. TreeClimber says:

What angers me the most about this is that there are homeless people out there, struggling and dying, and this will make anyone who can help them that much less likely to.

There was a couple, lived under a viaduct a few miles away from us. Used to see them up there, sleeping and eating (occasionally) and sometimes begging at the intersection a few yards away. Had health problems (obviously, no one will insure the homeless.) Once watched the man help the woman up from where she was sitting, helped my own mother up often enough to recognize knee problems. They just stood a moment and hugged.

Went up to where they slept, once, to leave a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread. It was terrible. A few blankets, what looked like the lining of someone’s trunk, lots of flies, an empty pizza box from the Little Caeser’s down the street, a devotional. That was it. Not sure where they were that day. Did that on the way to work. On the way back, looked up and got to see them eating sandwiches. Was the only one of us working at the time and could barely afford our own bills but I don’t regret it.

Husband came to get me from work one night (only have the one car,) told me he’d seen the police making the couple leave. Haven’t seen them since. No idea what happened to them. Probably dead.

Saw a homeless man once on our way to the local Holiday Festival of Lights (last winter, actually.) Trying to sell bundles of mistletoe, on a Saturday night. Traffic was backed up probably three miles, barely moving. Had a cardboard sheet he was selling them off of. We were the only ones, out of probably a thousand people that night, that bought any.

Makes me want to spit. So many now will suffer that otherwise may not have. Having “been there, done that” myself with homelessness, it’s one of my soapboxes. My mother only just got into a place. They kicked her out of the hospital right after a stroke into homelessness in the winter. So many suffer. So many die, of exposure, health problems, simple hunger. And because of shit like this, anyone who might help now won’t.

/rant

18. roubaix says:

Don’t steal. The government hates competition.

19. James Street says:

Johnny Bobbitt: I’m hoping no relation to “John Wayne Bobbitt and Lorena Bobbitt” to those who remember that sordid tale.

Now all this narrative needs is a Creepy Porn Lawyer.

20. Peppermint Patty says:

Guess he’s not homeless anymore.

21. Will Hunt says:

This story is relevant because why? Some common grifters ripped off a bunch of rubes so what who cares. A fool and his money are not long traveling companions… old story.

22. Mary Ann says:

This story bothered me too.. I first read about it on Go Fraud Me..
    It seems there are many con artists on GFM..
    I can honestly say I am not a fraud and desire to help people..
    It bothers me when charity’s give more to themselves than the needy..

23. MassConservative says:

I have given to a few legitimate Go Fund Me pages, such as the one for the Mayor with 7 kids who was recently killed in Afghanistan, but I stay away from anything not easily verified by news sources. But I’d like to point out that it is now possible to give money on Go Fund Me without giving anything to the website itself. It shows suggested amounts to help them cover their administrative fees, but you can change that number to 0 and all the money you give will go to the individual cause, and nothing to the site. So even if you hate Go Fund Me, as I do, for having discriminated against conservatives in the past, you can give money there without helping them.

• not easily verified by news sources……..
      Trust the news media???
      Media blitz
      In numerous media appearances, McClure claimed she was driving to meet a friend in September 2017 when she ran out of gas around midnight on the I-95 exit ramp near Philadelphia and Bobbitt, who was sleeping under a nearby overpass, came to her rescue. She claimed Bobbitt spent his last $20 to buy her gas.

“I pulled over to the side of the road as far as I could and I was going to get out and walk to the nearest gas station because it was not that far away, and that’s when I met Johnny,” McClure said last November in a “Good Morning America” interview. “He walked up and he said, ‘Get back in the car. Lock the doors. I’ll be back.’ I was just like, ‘OK.'”

• Alligator Gar says:

I gave to the GFM for Charlie Guard. That WAS legit.

• Mia C says:

Charlie Guard’s story and all the ones like it (someone just tweeted about another child who died of cancer in his mother’s arms, apologizing to her for dying which has me bawling as I write) are what honestly makes me question if there’s a God. No one can be 100% sure of what the afterlife is like until we’re actually there, so maybe there’s some purpose to dead kids and the unending pain their families endure, but I honestly have never heard a good explanation even imagined for this.

• MassConservative says:

I’m talking about soldiers and police officers killed in the line of duty, etc. Not stupid puff pieces.

• completelytrue says:

If you actually trust GoFraudMe, well …

24. If it smells like fish ….

25. Rainy says:

Now if only Shillary and Obamination ect.ect. could be arrested for their crimes…crimes on a much grander scale.
    Sorry little nothings…..nice try but as peasants you will get away with NOTHING!!

26. Guyski says:

Several things:

Currently living in NJ not suprised at all. Sorry New Jersey starting to get a reputation for this stuff.

Said this before, when you get to a certain age you CAN judge a book by its cover. Look at the husband, talk about sketchy. Look at that ‘not homeless man.’ Homeless drug user? Nice teeth.

27. sDee says:

” theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception.”

Maybe they got the idea from the charitable scam our government, media, and faith-based organizations have been running – conspiring to organize and transport “non-refugees” across our borders…. deceiving well-meaning taxpayers and parishioners out of hundreds of billions.

28. 6x47 says:

This scam is peanuts – look at how much James Comey, Peter Strzok, and Andy McCabe netted in their GoFundMe scams.

29. Pat Frederick says:

so what’s happening with Alexandria Cortez’s go fund me account? anyone know?

30. wodiej says:

$400,000 worth of people with no common sense.

31. pocaMAGAjunta says:

The proximity between evil in this grifter example and DC corruption is negligible. Both rob the public for false causes. But the grifters aren’t guilty of robbery without representation.

32. notfaded1 says:

I’m deathly allergic to cats… always have been. I knew when they said this lady was driving around in a new BMW that something was up… shame on all of them!

33. youme says:

What is the difference between these people and a politician who lies to get campaign contributions? What about the Clinton Foundation liars?

34. Heika says:

So why isn’t Blasey Ford in trouble? To say the least.

35. buckeyejames says:

Agree with posters re: GoFundMe. It’s a scam site and money laundering scheme for Commiecrat stooges, and needs to be shut down.

As for these three scumbuckets, I will defer to Daffy Duck.

36. Lactantius says:

Donor beware.

People hate to have their sympathy suckered. So, when they do get their sympathy suckered, they want revenge. Talk about turning on a dime …… you can have my sympathy, but don’t be messing with my money …… or something.

Me? I don’t throw money in the pot unless I know the facts. The homeless guy, supposedly did an admirable thing and somehow that caused total strangers to leap on the sucker train for a feel-good ride to nowhere. Nobody promised anybody that there was something in it for them by donating. I don’t approve of scams, but what is 90% of Washington D.C. doing with the money they tax out of us on the threat of imprisonment? So, this trio sucked a bunch of people and now those people want to make those scam artists turn the money over to lawyers because ………?

37. oldschool says:

If folks haven’t learned by now that giving your money to a stranger, any middleman, is not wise, then you have made yourself a target. We are responsible for our actions.

This story is nothing more than the recent scam scheme. I find the entire concept of Go Fund Me fraught with issues. If there is a need that seems worthy, make contact with the “beneficiary”, get an address and make your contribution to the one in need. It really is that simple and if you cannot do that, close your wallet. Sheesh

Cannot believe how gullible, naive and irresponsibly trusting so many people are today. Our knee jerk reaction seems to be throw money instead of some critical thinking. Explains a lot about the state of our Republic.

“A fool and his money are soon parted” It is upon us to cut the money flow to “Go Fraud Me”.

38. Paul B. says:

“the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light.” -Luke 16.8

No end to creativity when it comes to self gain. Be on your guard, saints.

39. Chieftain says:

GoFundMe appears to be a home for money launderers and a truck load of scam artists with some real deals thrown in that blind donors to all the ne’er do wells.

40. jus wundrin says:

Ill never give to any crowdfunding org unless I personally know the person. Just like I wont give to a person standing next to the road needing $$$ for gas…..cause it isnt going for gas, its going for someone who wants to get gassed. Offer food instead.

41. 6x47 says:

That “Marine vet” John Bobbitt can’t catch a break. First his crazy wife chopped his d**k off; now he’s homeless and running GoFundMe scams with jerks who don’t even cut him in for his fair share of the loot.

And THEN he’s dumb enough to sue his fellow criminals, inviting attention. Clearly, he’s homeless for a reason.

42. Elle says:

I hope these scammers are put away. Look at the comments here, everyone saying why you should not give to charities. There are so many good charities working on a shoe-string and they are really hurt by this kind of talk. “Don’t give”.

I say Do give. Thinking all charities are bad because of a few bad apples is like saying you should never walk down the street because someone might grab your purse. Hey, it happens every day.

It’s a real charity if they have real people that they are helping. Look at results.

43. Research the organizations you give to. I used to donate to the Wounded Warriors project. I think it was back in June 2014, my wife and I stayed at the Del Coronado in San Diego. The rooms there at that time started at $600 a night. And guess who was holding their annual meeting or whatever there? They were there for the entire 4 days and 5 nights we were there. That ended my donations to them on the spot. Now I limit it to the Salvation Army and Samaritans Purse.

44. D says:

My question is what was the reasonable suspicion to even start an investigation? Seems like these days the police state can just start snooping into your business without any reasonable suspicion, with hopes of finding something. Just like the Mueller probe.

45. completelytrue says:

So a GoFraudMe campaign turns out to be phony .. surprise … SURPRISE

This was so obviously a scam that I can’t be sympathetic with the suc … er donors, who will getting their money back anyway.

What I can emphasize again is that no conservative should ever send one penny to GoFraudMe, and no conservative should ever seek to raise funds in partnership with these Christian-hating crooks.

46. You know how you get bombarded with calls to donate to this or that?

We now know what all those psych and communcations and womens studies majors do, those that couldn’t get a job at SBUX. It’s a jobs program for people who can’t even teach.

47. Wayne Robinson says:

These three need to go to prison . If not others will think it s worth the risk and people become synical about works of charity / i have one hundred and twenty dollars to donate to the community turkey dinners for needy families and i , for first time in my life , have reservations about weither the cash will be be used for stated purposes . It is such a shame that just a couple ofcorrupt individuals can undermine mans liberality .. i hope all three go to prison for more than one year and are branded as felons .

• Mia C says:

Don’t let it stop you from helping people. I’ve heard Tony Robbins has an organization that feeds families for Thanksgiving since someone did it for him when he was needy. Seems like if it was a fraud it would have been outed by now. Just do some research before you give, but still there’s got to be a way to give.

48. vigiles24 says:

Hillary and Bill did far worse. If we’re going to start putting people in jail, let’s start with them.