New Portland Travel and Modern Tourism Commercial…

Portland, Oregon, is located in the Northwestern United States.  Portland is considered the cultural mecca for the most refined vision of left-wing Marxism.  Known as a hub for modern cultural and political violence, all tourists are now provided complimentary helmets and batons to facilitate vacation transits to various points of interest.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeland welcomes each visiting family to a modern Portland. He and his leadership team are committed to maximum excitement during your stay.   Welcome to Portland – You’ll fight like hell to enjoy it, or else:

(Source)

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, media bias, Mob and Rob, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

346 Responses to New Portland Travel and Modern Tourism Commercial…

1. lotbusyexec says:

Looks like a place that I will suggest my neighbors in NY visit since they are so enthralled with Andrew Schmuomo, Kristen Gillibad, Chuckie Schmucker who keep winning. Truly looks like heaven on earth for Democrats and progressive libs – nirvana.

2. Oldskool says:

Note to self, forget about ever going anywhere near that state. Had a friend many years ago went and toured around there for a couple of months and told me it was remarkable that practically everybody he met was named Joe with no last name, and that most of the people he got to know were on the lam.

• singular says:

Well, that’s funny, Old School. I do have several cousins there who, thankfully, are Not named Joe and are Not on the lamb. Not planning to visit them any time soon, but maybe I should invite them to come to the Midwest for an extended visit. Lol.

• uptothere says:

The eastern part of Oregon is cattle and agriculture. Most of us out here are to busy to get into the nonsense our city dwellers seem to have time for. Oh, and it’s fairly red here, too.

• Ronnie says:

The prairie areas of OR are red and real “salt of the earth” hard working, decent people live there, except Bend which has become a mecca for Californians. They bring their liberal ideas with them, ie, the desire for green lawns in a desert environment and their usual progressive politics.
        Our daughter lives in Portland. It has devolved rapidly over the last 5 years and reminds us of Seattle/Amsterdam. There are less visitors to downtown than before. It’s not unusual to see the authorities cleaning up a pile of needles on a street corner, and during our last visit, a woman immolating herself in front of the courthouse in broad daylight.
        The young people there seem to live in their own bubble….unless this stuff is happening in their neighborhood and they’re affected by it, they don’t seem to care.

• LibertyVibe says:

I live just outside of Portland, and it is perfectly normal, decent people. The public schools are a mess, but there is a HUGE homeschooling contingent in these areas. Remember during the election, how the Trump voters kept to themselves (didn’t answer polls)? Then we shocked everyone by our monster vote. It is like that…Just because we don’t make a lot of noise (or rather, the media pretends we don’t exist), doesn’t mean there aren’t a whole lot of God fearing, Trump voting, (Not to mention gun toting, homeschooling) patriots in Oregon.

• Sue Mcdonald says:

LOl well my name isn’t Joe and Iam not on the lam ! that being said Iam a 6th generation Oregonian come from a long line of loggers and timber fallers. I watched as the enviro nutjobs killed our economy with the spotted owl crap, we owned timber and had a heck of a time harvesting our own land. it was a nightmare. then the governor declared the mines above my parents house a superfund site and my parents were forced to move from the home that had been in our family since the late 1800’s. still hanging in here though we just live out in the sticks and stay away from the big city.

• Orygun says:

I met a lot of people like you while surveying the Public lands and it used to be one nightmare story after another. The history of rural Oregon is fascinating and made up of strong and determined people only to be destroyed by the left and their policies. Nearly every small creek in the Coast Range had a small mill, log pond, schoolhouse and a railhead.
        My grandpa on one side was a homesteader from Europe and the other side was chased out of the great dustbowl. They had more courage than all these panty waisted creeps put together.

3. Prettyplease says:

Wow, just wow! God have mercy on us.

4. Darklich123 says:

This country is screwed. The next president will bend over for the mob. Sad!

5. Trumpeter says:

I live in the People’s Republic of Portland. When he was running everyone wrote Wheeler off because he was a “moderate” Democrat, and therefore had no chance.
    Just another proof for the old saying, “There are no moderate Democrats.”

• perpetuaofcarthage says:

What was the scene at the end about with the man getting hit with a truck? Is that a recognizable incident that happened?

• Paqul Killinger says:

He was acting moderate to gain Dummys’ votes. Obviously, it worked.

• jrapdx says:

Portland is my home too. Wheeler talked a good game prior to election. Said he was in favor of police doing their jobs, would do more than the prior mayor to keep the city running smoothy, and would listen to citizen input.

Turns out to be sheer BS. Right after he was elected he reassured the leftist segment he would do nothing to change the city’s “sanctuary” status, and the rest obviously follows. Wheeler has NOT listened to the uproar from the community over the “protests”. So many people I know, “liberals” every last one of them, are disgusted and angered by the riots.

If Wheeler was ever “moderate” he’s certainly not acting that way now. At the rate he’s going no way he’ll be reelected. He’s heading down the path of the multiple incompetent one-term mayors we’ve had in the last 20 years. When a non-leftist, pragmatic, smart candidate for mayor comes forward I think he/she will be a shoo-in to win.

Maybe there’s a good soul out there willing to step up to the plate. As it is, I’m not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

• sunnydaze says:

….”So many people I know, “liberals” every last one of them, are disgusted and angered by the riots”….

And THIS is the desired outcome. They take the destruction and mayhem too far and ….Voila! : #WalkAway happens.

• jrapdx says:

I don’t know that the “walkaway” attitude would extend to national politics, but certainly there’s going to be effect on local, maybe state, elections. Might be a few Democrats who leave the mother ship, will be interesting to see what happens Nov 6.

• sunnydaze says:

Yes, it will be interesting. And OR. doesn’t have that Top Two thang that CA. and WA. has, right?

Have you guys started early voting already?

Is it all mail-in ballots like WA.?

• jrapdx says:

OR has separate primary voting per party. Primary winners from all parties are on the ballot. That makes the most sense to me and evidently to most Oregonians.

Yup, we have all mail ballots all the time. Received our voter’s info, but ballots haven’t yet arrived. Probably will get ’em this coming week, it’s usually timed ~3 weeks before an election.

• steph_gray says:

This particular election is all local. So your news is good. Thanks!

• Anonymous says:

Concur.

6. Harry Lime says:

It’s like a parody, except, well…it isn’t.

• Republicanvet91 says:

Which part? That Portland has a functioning government?

• Daniel says:

It’s an accurate depiction because each of those scenes happened there. People need to breathe that in.

This is all “by the book” Marxism. They tried the bring it in using cultural means and it is now failing. People are pushing back and resisting. President Trump is intentionally pushing trade schooling not only to get people back to work in jobs needed in this country but also to take power and influence from colleges and universities run by Marxists.

Socialism/Communism/Marxism always resorts for violence when all else fails. And these sad Pieces Of Shoot (the useful idiots) are paid to act against their own best interests because they are really and truly that stupid.

• lydia00 says:

Trade school and good old fashioned apprenticeships -because of desperation -companies are going that route. The grads of such will make more money than debt ridden liberal arts/gender studies masters baristas.

• sunnydaze says:

….” President Trump is intentionally pushing trade schooling not only to get people back to work in jobs needed in this country but also to take power and influence from colleges and universities run by Marxists”…..

It’s a two-fer. Trade Schools also offer the opportunity to put people back to work in jobs that satisfy them and give them a sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done.

All of a sudden the Totalitarians start losing their “Angry Base” of unemployed, downtrodden people that they use to fuel their Revolution….right before they stab them in the back.

• Ronnie says:

So true, Sunnydaze. Our daughter graduated from Notre Dame with a degree in accountantancy. Although she’s grateful for her education, she and her husband plan to send their kids to trade schools.

7. Bigbadmike says:

The Northwest Ag Show was in Portland for 49 years. Last year it was cancelled because the farmers didn’t want to be anywhere near these Antifa lunatics. Next year it is back and has been relocated to Salem. If Antifa shows up there they’ll get a John Deere up their, you know what.

8. rumpole2 says:

Democrat Mobs…

My fave bit was the libtard in the street hit at speed….

But also.. Pepper Spray in the face never gets old 🙂

9. Conundrum says:

Seriously, people actually voted for that mayor? People actually, willingly choose to live with no law and order? Why?

• 17CatsInTN says:

Brain dead morons? Too stupid to think? Brainwashed former hippies? Peace and love nutnicks? Apathetic no nothings? Too cool hipsters who know it all? Intellectual snobs who theorize fairy tales and unicorn dust is real? Idjits allergic to truth? All of the above?

• Paqul Killinger says:

I note you said “willingly,” not “wittingly”… That may be your answer.

• jrapdx says:

No people didn’t choose lack of law and order. Candidates lie, say they’ll do something and do another. As a candidate Wheeler said he’d keep order, but he hasn’t. He probably won’t get reelected at the rate he’s going, citizens of the city are very disturbed by the rioting and Wheeler knows it.

• sunnydaze says:

When does his term end?

• jrapdx says:

His term is up in 2020. Like the last several mayors he may choose not to run for a 2nd term. IMO unless he changes his ways the hue and cry will continue to escalate. He could still save himself politically if he has the will to do so.

• sunnydaze says:

He seems to be “owned and controlled ” by some somebody who’s got a lot more power than his sorry ass.

This has been going on in Ptld. for quite a while now, and he’s shown zero, zip, motivation to stop it.

I’ll be very surprised if he changes all of a sudden.

• jrapdx says:

Have to agree Wheeler isn’t likely to change his stance. Of course I don’t understand that because it will play havoc with any political ambitions he has. But it’s his political funeral, what can I say…

• steph_gray says:

“As a candidate, Wheeler said…”

A DemonRat candidate perhaps?

If so – anything he said was clearly a lie.

If R, a possibility of a lie but not such a sure thing.

• steph_gray says:

And don’t think I don’t sympathize, living in blue MA aka Taxachusetts.

• jrapdx says:

Technically city elections are non-partisan, candidates aren’t identified as R or D. It’s a pretty safe assumption candidates for city office are Democrats since the majority of people around here are. Of course there used to be various shades of Democrat, and some mayors were effective advocates for the community party affiliation notwithstanding. Not so the last 20 years, a series of duds one after the other. Regardless of party affiliation allowing rioting in the streets is beyond the pale of acceptability, as Wheeler will find out.

10. Bethany Beach says:

Looks like a swell spot to stop and stay awhile. Unfortunately, I doubt they care whether you visit or not. You are viewing the future if the political thugs get back in office. It will be much worse next time (if there is a next time) because now they know that we know. They have demonstrated very clearly their attitude and their behavior. We should not be surprised…merely disgusted, that something so good can be turned so sour.

• Republicanvet91 says:

In many respects, the attitude shown here was the same attitude that percolated down to many levels of government, even down to the local level while Obama was in office.

I say that with confidence having experienced many levels of bureaucrat that did not give a d@mn about whether they did their jobs, while snickering in your face knowing there would be nothing you could do about it.

They were every bit as much the thug as these clowns, they just didn’t have the overt violence.

…and it continues today.

• swampratterrier says:

We are going to change that about the no-count bureaucrat bums.

End their automatic grade and pay increases and contract them for only 1 year after which they must wait 7 years before applying for any other government jobs.

• Paqul Killinger says:

You know there are 2 Million of them now…

• Republicanvet91 says:

One of my most memorable and infuriating was at the DMV. I had moved to CO, but still had a valid license from the state I moved from. When I went in to get it changed, I was told my current license was not acceptable as ID under the Real ID act.
          I asked to see a manager, and she just gave me a smarmy smile and said my license was not acceptable. She said I would have to go to my birth state and get an original long form birth certificate…it could not be a copy, even a notarized copy was not acceptable.
          I explained I had just moved, and that all of my stuff was either not in the state yet, or not unpacked. She didn’t care, just kept giving me that smarmy smile.She gave me another smarmy smile when I asked what would happen if I went over the 30 days grace period, but would not give me an answer.
          I asked for a list of what they did accept, and saw they accepted a federal ID that I had. She refused to accept it.
          I called supervisors in Denver, and still had to go back 3 days in a row before I proved the ID I had was sufficient.

• churchmouse says:

Wow, that’s an awful story.

Glad to read you eventually got everything sorted out.

‘On the list were several forms of paperwork from Mexico they would accept as proof of identity, including some that could be up to 20 years old. It included the Matricula Consular card.’ Tells one everything one needs to know.

• Gary says:

My DMV experience,
            Had to renew my license, hand the woman my original birth cert. she walks away and in her place a supervisor returns with it in her hand telling me “it’s been altered”. I laughed out loud and said “OK then I’ll wait”. She looked at me rather puzzled and asked “wait for what”. I simply said ” The police, forgery is a crime and I assume you’ve called them…..I’ll wait”. She walks away and in less than three minutes the first woman returns with my paperwork and tells me to proceed to the line for my photo.

11. Minnie says:

God be with us 🙏🏼

Take ‘em down, take them all down!

That #^*t will spread until LAW ENFORCEMENT is permitted to do their job.

12. CAMaven says:

Doesn’t seem like fiction anymore.

13. Elric VIII says:

I see a sparkling business opportunity in Portland: People plows to attach to the front of vehicles.

14. 4sure says:

Too damn bad the marxists have taken over some of the most beautiful land in the USA. Oregon, Washington State, California and Colorado. Loved going to all those states at one time. Long ago. Hope the blistards never take over Alaska. Although, Murkowski is a start.

• Linda says:

If it wasn’t for the crazies in Portland, Oregon would be a red state. I really wish there was some way to kick them out. Maybe Portland and Seattle could become their own state and then Oregon and Washington would be so much better off.

• dd_sc says:

One long, narrow state from LA to Seattle. OR, WA, CA can go back to being purple/magenta states.

• Archie says:

There is a way… mass immigration by republicans could tip the state red. It would only take about 1 million.

• sunnydaze says:

That’s why I get a bit upset when I hear about Repubs leaving, Archie.

Altho I can’t blame them….I did it myself in 2012. Home prices were just too high.

But I have to say, I also *knew* there was Fascist streak developing cuz of the PC/Virtue Signaling/SJW insanity. When that crap starts becoming common even among people you thought are pretty “level-headed”, you know it’s gonna get out of control. And that made me so relieved that I was going and wouldn’t have to live thru it.

Those people are cray cray out there.

• PgtSndThinker says:

@Archie, we would love some fellow MAGA treepers moving in to our district.

• listingstarboard says:

Eugene not exactly Red that I remember when my daughter went to UO.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

We used to call it “University of California at Eugene”, and that was 50 years ago…

• churchmouse says:

Totally agree.

I remember the 1970s series, An American Family, on PBS which documented Bill, Pat Loud and their children:

Near the end of the series, Pat separated from Bill and went back home to … Eugene, Oregon.

Sure, it looks ‘conservative’ (nice gingerbread houses), but it’s lefty all the way.

It was difficult to comprehend at the time. From that, I was able to interpret the optics from then to the present. I’ve seen the change in other, formally normal, towns and cities.

• ChiefWorm says:

Kicking Kalifornia out of the Union and accepting “The Great State of Jefferson” into the Union would be a good start. Might have actually happened in 1944 if it wasn’t for the start of WWII hostilities.

• Ronnie says:

Eugene is pretty leftist also.

• wtd says:

Linda stated:

“…I really wish there was some way to kick them out….”

The method exists, but it requires Portland’s citizenry to summon the “will” to enforce existing laws, including the Constitution of these United States.”

• Republicanvet91 says:

If you get outside the Denver/Boulder area, Colorado is fairly red.

• Really Preposterous says:

Only Western Washington. The rest of the state sent Inslee (current governor / Jerry Brown wannabe) packing after one term in Congress so he had to go to Seattle to get elected. He’s a carpetbagger like the rest of the congressional delegation (Ohio, Illinois, California). The eastern part of the state has a much lower tolerance for this stupidity… and that goes double for Oregon.

15. Kate says:

Isn’ t Portland just lovely, I hope this disease doesn’t spread to the rest of eastern Oregon or up to Spokane where we live. God help us.

• Bigbadmike says:

I haven’t been to Portland since the 90’s. What I remember was that all the panhandlers where braindead white kids. The called themselves The Grunge. Toronto had the same. Just a bunch of lazy, mixed up white kids living day to day. At least now, they are being paid to protest and break things. Everybody has a job in the Trump Economy.

• California Joe says:

Portland’s police chief is probably either gay, lesbian, Black, Hispanic or Muslim just like Oakland and San Antonio!

• sunnydaze says:

She’s a black woman. No joke.

And her name is…wait for it….Danielle Outlaw.

And she’s from……Tada!!!! : Oakland, CA.

I’m sure she was chosen for her “Progressive” qualities and to fill Portland’s goal of diversifying with more women and “minorities”.

Ms. Outlaw took the job in 2017.

PNW is traditionally the most WhiteBread area of the country, and they are trying to make up for it- quickly.

It’s also a very racist part of the country, IMO – so it’s like they’re trying to “cover their tracks” now.

• sedge2z says:

Do these Paid Protesters have to report their earnings to the IRS?

• lydia00 says:

I used to travel there and Seattle in the late 90’s early 00’s on business. Saw the same. I always check out local real estate. The quality of life was dismal. A vinyl siding cracker box dump was 10x what it would be in the South. That is what cracked me up about Christine Ford in Paulo Alto. Dump house remodeled for renters from Google. Apt communities for employees at exorbitant rents. How is this tenable? Will these people never want land? Yards for kids?

• sunnydaze says:

Spokane’s a really pretty city- good choice for more R move-ins, IMO.

16. Orygun says:

The corrupt lefties seem to need ports in order to bring their illegal cargo in and out. Sixty years ago this state was a great place to live if you like camping, hunting and fishing. The entire west coast has been taken over by corruptocrats and it just seems like they tend to take over states with high populations and ports.
    I love this state but the people causing all this crime are typically not from here. As in “rent a mob”.
    I will always think that they are stealing the vote with their secret ballot. There is no way to verify how you voted only that you did vote. You can trust a Democrat run government to tally your vote for you especially when you can’t verify how you voted. This crapola needs to stop.

17. Tonye says:

Va couple of things.. traffic around Portland sucks. Neither the 5 nor 205 are reasonable anymore. Mostly because the urban dems wont build the necessary roads. Unfortunately for us, our drives to the NW always go through that traffic mess.

Second, the OSP sucks big time too if u got a California plate. Last 4th of July week I got pulled over for doing an unsafe lane chang, at 63 mph. The cop was boxing me in. Anyways, I was really pissed off. He let me go with no ticket. It was complete BS.. and I called him on it.. nicely. At least they got body and dash cams now.

If I could avoid Oregun, I would. Sad, as it used to be a truly great place. Screwed, like Seattle, by the Fascists.

18. Katie says:

People outside of Portland are conservative. That would be red if it wasn’t for that s***hole city and its s***hole people. I fully support the 51st state of Jefferson that would be the northern part of California and southern part of Oregon.

• churchmouse says:

‘That would be red if it wasn’t for that s***hole city and its s***hole people.’

But, that’s the whole idea — the goal.

Not only on Oregon, but Washington State, Illinois, New York and every other state that has a major metropolis. Texas is even questionable at this point.

• Orygun says:

The biggest bang for the buck. The media is a tiny tiny bit of the overall population but they have the ability to sway the entire population with their lies and gaslighting. The Soros types have figured out a long time ago that as the big cities go the state goes. They infiltrate big city government and they have the ability to control everything within that city including the votes.
      The red states need to start enforcing state law and stop letting the cities run everything by proxy.

19. kinthenorthwest says:

This is the very reason I have not be to Portland in a LONG time, even though it is only about 3 hours away and did have some nice sights…Notice I said did.

20. Gil says:

Do the businesses, voting citizens, and police not want to oust the current mayor? Who wants to be the oakland or san fran of the northwest?

• Sylvia Avery says:

Seattle desperately wants to be the San Fran of the NW. Has been trying to for years. Works so hard at it. Has elected a crazed socialist council person. Has homelessness and attendant problems now to compete pretty well with SF after years of effort. Seattle was notorious for their riots on May Day for years.

And now, gosh darn it, Portland has gotten into the act and upstaged Seattle. Pouty face. What WILL Seattle do now to prove to the world it has impeccable crazy town bona fides?

• Gil says:

Are these people working or are they migrant rioters? Is there a job board? They all look generally filthy and I just wonder who would hire them to do anything? The businesses have to be sick of this. I guess its why the ad was made…

• jrapdx says:

At least half are paid thugs from other states. Funded by Soros-front “non-profits”, been going on since the 2016 election. You are certainly right, the downtown business community is indeed in an uproar over the mayhem. I used to work around the corner from where this latest riot took place. Back then there were a few “street people” hanging around from time-to-time, but by and large peaceful and safe. This rioting is just BS, can be eliminated very quickly. Just let the cops do their jobs, they’d do it with gusto, it’s what they love to do, no doubt about it.

• Gil says:

I had a famiky member run away to Portland many many years ago. Lived homeless there as a teen for a year or two then came back. Thats how I learned about the subculture. Enoughs enough by now.

• jrapdx says:

Yes, there has been a subculture of adolescent street kids for many years. I knew about it in the early 90’s. Most had runaway from intolerable home situations. Living on the streets was harsh, but for some there was an escape through dedicated private agencies. Some great people worked there. Many of those kids were not bad people at all, victims themselves of some pretty evil situations. They weren’t antifa types, at least the great majority I encountered.

• sunnydaze says:

LOL, Sylvia! IKR?!

It’s pretty pathetic when Portland is so bad it makes Seattle looks middle-of -the-road.

Now that’s a twist I never expected.

21. dd_sc says:

When I was growing up there, Portland was always in the top 10 “Most Livable Cities”.

Then Bud Clark got elected mayor in 1984 (Mayor Frank Ivancie did some really stupid stuff and blew a 35 point lead in the polls). Portland has been on a downward spiral ever since. Current situation is the end result of 30 years of liberals being in control.

22. sedge2z says:

Instead of a wild animal safari, upgrade an armored truck so the inside looks like a fancy limousine and offer tours through those Portland Streets of TDS.
    With complimentary wine & cheese..

23. Archie says:

Frankly, the 1960’s were far more interesting than the protests today. The modern protester is wimp compared to then. Stop acting like the sky is falling for goodness sake.

• Archie, the sixties hippies, acid-heads and flower children germinated these modern day children and grandchildren. We must always remember the original mobs of the sixties adapted and went into submission. A few of the most radical shaved, got haircuts, bought shirts and ties , went undercover and sneaked into politics. The Clintons, Holders, Bernies and many more in today’s Washington spawned these lost, pathetic wimps. Our President is very aware of these generations of reptiles.

24. Even the opposition slave media is criticizing how foolish they have made themselves look.

• hillbilly4 says:

Thanks for the link. A GREAT, if brief article. I appreciate you letting us know about it. I like it so much,I bookmarked it. The writer’s comment: ‘A party that can’t change its mind and won’t change the subject meets the classic definition of a fanatic.’ Is perhaps one the best lines anywhere. I would change ‘meets the classic definition of a fanatic’….to ‘meet the classic definition of INSANE’.

• swampratterrier says:

That’s how the criminal cabal mass communicate their messages and/or spread disinformation.

In this case I’d say the MSM MOB Media is aware how much the protestors are pushing people to Trump.

• swampratterrier says:

Typed that before going to the article and look at the headline’s
        sub-headline.

Liberals have become Donald Trump’s unwitting allies.

• TreeperInTraining says:

Lol. The comments section of that article assures me that we’ve got the midterms. The elitists are STILL stewing in the juices of their own echo chamber.

Good.

25. hillbilly4 says:

Maybe Portland ought to be on a ‘No visit’ from the State Department. It looks like Portland has descended into a Banana Republic. Violence, no police force, mobs…your city can be this way too if it turns ‘Blue’ in November. Portland reminds me of another cesspool: Austin Texas. I lived there for over 20 years. It went from being laid-back, to ‘laid’. The Communists, anarchists, Drug lords, and ANTIFA have, collectively, ruined one of the most beautiful cities in the US.

• churchmouse says:

The State Department issuing an international ‘no visit’ notice would be great — and not jot for Portland!

• JoeUser says:

I can almost pinpoint the exact date that Austin ceased to be a great place to live; the day they bulldozed Armadillo World Headquarters, and built that parking garage in its place.

So much for “keep Austin weird”. I, too, left that place after 18 years (the better years, pre-1988), after numerous landmark clubs and iconic venues evaporated, primarily to the greed of property owners selling the property out from under them or raising leases to obscene values.

26. Sherri Young says:

Another taxpayer-funded benefit in Oregon: chemical and surgical castration can be provided to minors as young as 15 years old without the consent or even knowledge of their parents.

Sick and evil.

“Can minors receive services for gender dysphoria and why?
    Do they need parental consent?
    Age of medical consent varies by state. Oregon law
    which applies to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid Oregonians
    states that the age of medical consent is 15 (ORS 109.640).
    Physicians are not required to provide any medical
    service to a minor, and in most cases will encourage (and in some cases require) family engagement and supports unless it would endanger the
    patient. In addition, guidelines contain numerous safeguards to ensure that
    candidates are appropriate for surgery and medically it is safer and easier to
    conduct surgery earlier, before secondary sex characteristics are fully developed.”

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Your Child Belongs To The State According To Your Marriage License

“Warning
      Your child belongs to the state according to your marriage license. Marriage is a contract between you, your spouse & the state and your signature on this contract means “the consent.”

As the court system offers only opinions which become “public policy” & are wrongly called “law,” at this point & according to that signature on your license, the courts offer the opinion that your child is owned by the state. This is how the children become children of the state…”

27. margarite1 says:

It’s an absolutely gorgeous day here in this spectacular corner of the USA. We have Mt Hood, the Cascades, the fertile valleys, the postcard photo coast. The rain nourishes our landscape, the fish are abundant and the wine is famous. I was born here in this beautiful place but grew up near the beaches of southern California and then came back to raise the kids, build a business, live my life.

I can’t believe what’s happened to this place! Why? Our votes have no effect…and it just gets worse. This morning I saw homeless people running around downtown wearing their bedding…there are tents all over the place and thievery in my neighborhood has become a bad problem…they boldly steal packages, ransack cars, whatever, and this is a nice neighborhood.
    Fortunately I haven’t been downtown during one of these riots so at least they can be avoided but I can’t avoid the overall sense of defiance of the law.

Going to have to move soon and it won’t be easy. But just like the California of my childhood, the Portland I knew is disappearing.

28. Donna in Oregon says:

The media keeps it quiet. Usually there is very little coverage, but there are shootings all the time and they extend beyond Portland to Gresham and Troutdale. Wherever they have public housing. Ben Carson needs to take a look into who is benefiting from Federal dollars from HUD.

Fortunately (sarc) they don’t know how to shoot very well, miss their targets all the time……Shoot up people’s houses. Cops rarely solve any of these crimes. The only crimes the LEO’s here are worse at solving are the rapes…and that’s because they don’t process the rape kits.

The Cartels are here as well. But again, no coverage from the media. Cracks me up how the writer of this article claims “it’s unusual”. Liar. It happens all the time.

They want those tourist dollars…..and they will lie to get them.

The Gang Enforcement Team investigated a total of 31 shootings they believe are gang related, between Jan. 1 and March 29, 2018.

• andyocoregon says:

You’re so right, Donna. East County (the area that starts about 10 miles east of Portland) has been overrun with subsidized condo’s and apartments. Thousands of minorities and their associated gangs have migrated out there from Portland proper. The only jobs most of them have are selling illegal drugs and stealing anything they can, especially cars. Those areas used to be sleepy bedroom communities for Portland, but now they’re ghettos. One really has to be careful where one chooses to live in and around Portland.

29. Lumina says:

Don’t forget about Eugene south of Portland…both cities homelessness is a way of life. Free tents, blankets, sleeping bags to set up one’s new squatting residence. Who needs a bathroom when you pee on the nearest building. Downtown Seattle is the same. You are living in a castle if you have a broken down Winnebago. Some do gooder is buying the impounded Rd’s & giving them back to peeps with no home. It is very sad state of mind….Salem & Corvallis are not too bad. There is a big gal that sits in the middle of the sidewalk at a Salem Wal-Mart panhandling at 7am…I commented to my daughter about it not being a good spot as she blocked the sidewalk. I think I got an, “oh Mom.” The next morning a guy with sight issues and tapping cane had to walk out in the street to go around her…

30. Dan Dan says:

8 U.S. Code § 242 – Deprivation of rights under color of law

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years…..

• andyocoregon says:

Mayor Ted Wheeler needs to be recalled. Unfortunately it won’t happen due to all the loony leftwing commies in Portland.

• Daniel says:

I believe the time is coming when Federal agents start arresting these people. Their cases will be appealed all the way to the SCOTUS and guess what will happen now? I’d feel better if we had just ONE more Trump judge… just one more. How’s Ginsberg doing these days? She looks “just like she’s sleeping” you know what I mean?

• Daniel says:

Just in case it needs to be said, the SCOTUS will be extremely important as their rulings effectively become law. We saw what Roe V Wade did. If the Trump administration attempted to apply the laws which are clearly being violated and a SCOTUS ruling said “it’s allowed” then we will lose this country and the constitution will be further destroyed.

This is why good justices are so incredibly important in the days to come.

• G. Combs says:

AHHhhh,
          Thankyou Daniel. It is nice to see someone else understands ‘Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes.’

Without Conservative Federal Prosecutors and Conservative Federal Judges in place, indictments only lead to letting the crooks off and then they can not be tried again.
          …..

Think of what happened to these vandals and violent rioters…
          Donald Trump inauguration protests: Violence breaks out as protesters smash windows and clash with police
          Six police officers were injured and 217 protesters were arrested. More than 200 protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face felony rioting charges, which comes with up to 10 years in prison.

Six protesters acquitted of rioting, related charges stemming from Inauguration Day
          “…“This isn’t just about the six of us. This is about the other 188 people that are left to go. … All we can do is hope that these acquittals really set the stage for them to also get acquittals,” Macchio said…..”

Prosecutors Dropping Remaining Charges

“Twenty-one of the people arrested that day have pleaded guilty to charges related to violent protest, including one to felony offenses. That protester, Dane Powell, pleaded guilty to one count of felony rioting and one count of assaulting a police officer. He was sentenced to four months in prison, and was released in October.….”

So much for ” felony rioting charges, which comes with up to 10 years in prison.”
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is, at this time NO DOWN SIDE to VIOLENT RIOTING!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:
  31. covfefre999 says:

My favorite was Pantifa road kill, at the end of the video. Not sure if it was a guy or gal, Pantifa genders are virtually indistinguishable.

32. They are beaten at every turn.
    Their mindsets, beliefs and goals are lacking in every aspect and context.

The_Donald reddit started a big Twitter/Social media operation. The NPC-Resistance.
    Basically acting like a real (SJW)bot interacting with the SJW democrats as a #Resistance parody.
    Putting it so over the top while exposing the reality of the mindless idiot mob… glorious.

Twitter had to react as SJW democrats got unhinged looking into their mirror.
    ______________________________________
    Meanwhile Kanye West is still making the rounds and people get to the gist of his stand.

100k shares on this rap instagram.

33. k4jjj says:

The President could declare martial law in Portland, Oregon and order the National Guard to restore order and arrest or shoot those committing violence. He could also order the arrest of the mayor who is openly encouraging violence. The Portland Police are sworn to uphold the law and the constitution and are NOT sworn to any loyalty to the mayor or his lawless proclamations. The Portland Police could be arrested and charged with federal crimes for failing to enforce statutory law and failing to protect the lives and property of citizens. Failing to enforce the law makes the police accessories to the crimes committed by the violent mobs. The U.S. president has the power to deploy federal marshals or troops to restore the peace and protect the guaranteed rights of citizens where a vacuum of law enforcement exists.

• sunnydaze says:

Yeah, but if all that happened, Portland-ites would dig their heals in and go even more DemRadical.

I prefer this way. It exposes the Dem voters to the “flaws” in their Party and leads to their eventual collapse.

This way wins the War. The strongarm way wins the Battle only.

34. TreeperInTraining says:

And I quote:

With those children, he thought, that wretched woman must lead a life of terror. Another year, two years, and they would be watching her night and day for symptoms of unorthodoxy. Nearly all children nowadays were horrible. What was worst of all was that by means of such organizations as the Spies they were systematically turned into ungovernable little savages, and yet this produced in them no tendency whatever to rebel against the discipline of the Party. On the contrary, they adored the Party and everything connected with it. The songs, the processions, the banners, the hiking, the drilling with dummy rifles, the yelling of slogans, the worship of Big Brother — it was all a sort of glorious game to them. All their ferocity was turned outwards, against the enemies of the State, against foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals. It was almost normal for people over thirty to be frightened of their own children. And with good reason, for hardly a week passed in which The Times did not carry a paragraph describing how some eavesdropping little sneak — ‘child hero’ was the phrase generally used — had overheard some compromising remark and denounced its parents to the Thought Police.

END QUOTE.

(ORWELL, 1984).

That’s the state of their nation….but not ours. Imho

• SalixVeridi says:

Scary, isn’t it? Thanks for the Orwell quote.

• TreeperInTraining says:

It is scary.

So many have been indoctrinated….and many cut their teeth on this Marxist stuff.

NeoProgs of all ages practice the Two Minutes or Hate daily…they ban words, phrases and thoughts…and worship a corrupt government.

It’s almost as if the tide has turned, and the parties switched. The repubs used to be the banners, the government lovers…etc. Since Trump, however, the repubs (rank and file MAGA folks) have becone much less judgemental, they question their government and the only folks they really trust is their God and themselves. The repub tent got very big and very welcoming, even to this tired, old Libertarian. Quite refreshing. Imho

The switcheroo?

Choose your enemies well, because in 25 years, you’ll look just like them.

Imho

35. I posted about this earlier on the daily thread….the Chamber of Commerce must be going nuts or else they are complicit because I cannot imagine anyone having a convention here or even visiting as a tourist….I know I would not go there for any reason at this point, Too dangerous and no police protection. I hope the town self destructs.

36. kea says:

Well cut together

37. WVNed says:

Looks like a human landfill for human garbage

38. sunnydaze says:

That vid. is ***Fantastic***!!!!!

Portland is fast becoming Crazy Central for everything that’s wrong with the Democrats and their voters.

Here’s the latest – Antifa violence encouraged by the Mayor and permitted by the PD is sooooo yesterday!!!

Now they’ve moved on to Virtue Signaling about how many women and “minorities” they can nominate to office and the 2 up for a City Council seat are in a major #MeToo-inspired spat.

One, Loretta Smith, was sexually insulted by a man 5 years ago. The guy introduced her at an event, said she was pretty, and did a pelvic thrust on stage.

The other, JoAn Hardesty, danced with the guy at a campaign event where Smith was present a few nite’s ago.

Smith ended up “crying all the way home”.

Sound RIDICULOUS???? Good! That means you’re a Sane.Person.

Read the comments. They are hysterical.

39. swampratterrier says:

Is Sundance watching President Trump on 60 MINUTES now?

40. jackphatz says:

Portlandia, Oregona has always been at war with America. No one knows why.

• andyocoregon says:

Liberals………….Loony Liberals.

• GB Bari says:

A friend’s 36 yr old daughter lives in Portland. Been there 9 years. Used to love it. Has grown to hate it because of the radical left-wingers. Wants to move but job and kids are delaying that. They live just outside the city in a relatively decent neighborhood.

She says a lot of the nearby forests are full of pot. Major pot-growing area.
      Bunch of radical potheads are up there. Can’t work, don’t want to work. Make money growing transporting and selling pot. Lots of “homeless” bums around.
      Dumbazz potheads get high and go protest whatever’s being protested for a few extra Soros bucks.

That’s her take on the area.

• sunnydaze says:

The beautiful forest walk near my home in Seattle that I used to walk in everyday in the 90’s and early 2000’s can’t even be approached anymore by anyone normal-unless they have a death wish. Really sad.

• jackphatz says:

Soon Portland will be just like Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore. At some point companies will not be able to draw in the talent they’ll need to run their businesses.

41. CNN_sucks says:

Co-opted by Soros?

42. alliwantissometruth says:

Mostly the result of the radical lefts total control of our school system

How long has the radical left controlled our schools & our children’s minds?

Oh, over 60 years I’d say

And what have we done about it for all those years?

Pretty much nothing

Where do you think these politicians come from? Where did they get such insane idea’s?

Where do you think the voters who vote for them come from? Where did they ever get the idea leftist governance is righteous & competent?

By allowing the radical left to control our school systems, we’ve pretty much allowed this political insanity to flourish

If we had had non-biased, fair & non-political schools that truly gave their students a traditional competent education, these types of politicians would be rare. The MS Mind Control Media would never had gotten a foot in the door

Educated, rational & sane people don’t think & act like this. Brainwashed lemmings do

Until we address the extremely serious problem of the radical lefts stranglehold on our children’s minds, we won’t be able to truly eradicate this insidious disease

Calling President Trump…

We’ve got another problem for you to fix

• Zorro says:

Absolutely correct. One thing we must do is break the symbiotic relationship between government unions and the Demosocialist Party.

• G. Combs says:

“…How long has the radical left controlled our schools & our children’s minds? ….”

WELL OVER a CENTURY‼️

John Dewey, Fabian Socialist, Marxist and founder of progressive education: Dumbing Down America starting in the 1800s.

Then there is George Count…

“….Russell’s spot-on understanding of how the communists worked, based on his own on-location observations in Russia during the revolution should have been useful to him during the next two decades of his work at Columbia. Yet, under his nose, communist covert influence agents like George Counts, who was under Russell’s supervision at Columbia’s Teachers College

….In 1931 Houghton Mifflin published New Russia’s Primer: The Story of the Five-Year Plan, by M. Ilin, translated from the Russian by George S. Counts, Associate Director of the International Institute and Professor of Education in Teachers College, and Nucia P. Lodge, Research Assistant in the International Institute.

We see that Anna Osipovna has transformed herself into Nucia Lodge. And we see that the dapper professor Counts modestly claims that he translated the book, while grudgingly crediting his KGB handler. The payload of this unbelievably brazen covert influence operation is straight out of Muenzenberg’s manual….”

Muenzenberg’s payload: “You think the capitalist system is corrupt…You’re frightened…by the oppression of the working man…You think the Russians are trying a great human experiment…”

Counts’ New Russia’s Primer:

In America the machine is not a helper to the worker, not a friend, but an enemy. Every new machine, every new invention, throws out upon the streets thousands of workers. In glass factories one person now makes three thousand bottles an hour. In former times such a task required seventy-seven men. This means that each machine for the making of bottles deprives seventy-six men of employment. And the American worker despises the machine which takes away his bread.

But how is it with us [Russians]? The more machines we have, the easier will be the work, the shorter will be the working day, the lighter and happier will be the lives of all.

We build factories in order that there may be no poverty, no filth, no sickness, no unemployment, no exhausting labor— in order that life may be rational and just…We build in our country [the U.S.S.R.] a new, an unheard-of, a socialistic order.

The newly-minted “Russian expert” from Columbia delivered the KGB payload directly into the cultural heart of America. “Capitalism is corrupt! Russia’s experiment is working!” screamed his text….”

Quotes from the book:
      Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America by Kent Clizbe

43. Akindole says:

That is why they invented digital video stuff for your basement.
    Moar.
    Lots moar.

Agitprop them until they bleed.

44. sunnydaze says:

Andy Ngo is a great guy to follow for all the latest Portland Fiasco News:

45. JoAnn Leichliter says:

I daresay that is a classic.

46. Curry Worsham says:

And don’t miss Portland’s favorite tour! The Portland Short Bus takes delighted visitors on an urban whine tour, stopping frequently at the scene of famous riots. Occasionally, some passengers are lucky enough to see an actual riot. (From a safe distance, of course!)

47. Howie says:

The Portland YMCA is the place….

48. Howie says:

Hillary is on a voyage on her presidential yacht … The Collapso. To Portland. It takes The Village Poeple.

49. teeheeman says:

BEAUTY! Thanks for sharing SD!! I will be spreading this, along with the chorus………”Mob, mob, mob, mob, mob, mob, mob, mob”…….. Someone needs to put create a short “Mob” song/video – would go viral in a hurry!!

• teeheeman says:

Oh, I got it!! Use the Monty Python “SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM” melody line. Fair use as far as I’m concerned!!!

• teeheeman says:

Just substitute “Mob” for “Spam” and use the countless mob-scene photos/videos out there of the lunatic left from recent weeks. This is serious shit, but humor works…..

50. JoD says:

The “New” Democrat party is the bastard child of the MSM. They despise being called a Mob.
    MOB…MOB…MOB…MOB..MOB!
    Use it everywhere…it will stick like glue.