Boom – Signal Flare From Sarah Palin…

In response to Alaska Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski voting *not* to advance the supreme court nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Sarah Palin sends the following tweet:

Do it, Sarah.

Long term CTH readers will well remember how Tea Party candidate Joe Miller was backed by Sarah Palin when he stunningly defeated Lisa Murkowski during the republican primary in 2010.  However, Murkowski would not accept the primary defeat and the entitlement-minded incumbent ran as a write-in candidate, and enlisted the assistance of democrats in Alaska to retain her seat in the general election.

The Tea Party was furious at the level of elitist refusal to accept the primary defeat in 2010, and Senator Murkowski has been a thorn in the side of conservatives ever since.

In a further slap to the face for the base of the movement, when Murkowski returned to the Senate as a successful write-in candidate, the 2011 professional republican apparatus, the Decepticons, never held her accountable for her insufferable self-interest.  Instead the GOPe, through then minority leader Mitch McConnell, allowed Murkowski to return to the same committee positions she held before rebuking the will of the republican electorate.

Murkowski’s vote today to block advancing nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh is yet another exhibition of her ideological self-interest.

If Sarah Palin decides to challenge Murkowski, there is a very strong likelihood Mrs Palin would be successful in finally ending this painful chapter in conservative politics.

Do it Sarah; we’ve got your six!

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2018, media bias, President Trump, Sarah Palin, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

637 Responses to Boom – Signal Flare From Sarah Palin…

1. MALTHUS says:

I have maintained a stony silence on this site throughout the George Zimmerman trial and now the Spygate scandal. I was content to lurk and listen until Sarah Palin threw down the gauntlet. Brave girl!

I could see her house from Anchorage when I lived there and still owe her a debt of gratitude for her having rescued me from the Wassilla police when I was circulating a petition on Post Office property. “You leave that good man alone,” Mayor Palin told them. “He is doing the Lord”s work.”

I would support this gallant woman in any endeavor she cares to name and war with the Alaska Corruptocracy heads the list.

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Welcome malthus !

• swimeasy says:

Malthus, I am a new treeper as well. Wondering if you saw Murkowski’s speech. I found it pretty hard to follow. Best I could tell, she was saying the Alaskian tribes were recognized by the government, but Hawaii tribes were not?? As such, she was opposed to Kavanaugh in part because of the Hawaii tribes’ status?? Could you shed any insight on this?

Thank you!

• swimeasy says:

Alaskan

• fleporeblog says:

I wrote the following earlier today when I found out she was voting NO!

I want to see what happened in North Dakota happen in Alaska! Kevin Cramer was the only Republican House Member for the State of North Dakota. Meaning whenever he had to run every two years, it was a Statewide Election. No difference to a Senator running in the state. Kevin Cramer was well respected in the State of North Dakota and is one of the reasons he is leading Heidi Heitkamp by double digits in the latest poll.

Republican Rep. Don Young is the only Congressional House Member from the State of Alaska. He is someone that PDJT respects.

In 2016, he won his election as follows:

Republican Don Young – 155,088 (50.5%)
        Democrat Steve Lindbeck – 111,019 (36.2%)
        Independent Jim McDermott – 31,770 (10.3%)

In 2014 (Non Presidential Election) the breakdown was as follows:

Republican Don Young – 125,410 (51.6%)
        Democrat Forrest Dunbar – 99,069 (40.8%)
        Independent Jim McDermott – 18,365 (7.6%)

The POS Lisa Murkowski election results were as follows in 2016:

Republican Lisa Murkowski – 138,149 (44.5%)
        Democrat Joe Miller – 90,825 (29.2%)
        Independent Margaret Stock – 41,194 (13.3%)

In 2016, Don Young got 16,939 MORE VOTES than the POS Senator from Alaska!

I was joking about our President’s relationship with Rep. Don Young! See for yourself.

Look where Representative Don Young was standing at the Tax Reform Celebration Ceremony at the WH:

and look who our President asked to speak:

Either Sarah Palin or Rep. Don Young will absolutely take this POS out in 2022! I will do everything in my power to make sure it gets done.

• pohakea says:

Hi, do a Bing or google search on “hawaiifreepress kavanaugh rice cayetano” Brett Kavanaugh’s amicus brief into that case was great, for constitution-minders like me. Sen Hirono seemed to want revenge for that too, though …

• Tommy Payne says:

Lisa’s reasoning made about as much sense as Blassey Ford’s 2 front doors. They put 2+2 together and come up with 22. She is just a sellout that gets her money from Planned Parenthood, unions and panders to and takes advantage of Alaska natives.Does not help them just takes advantage of their good will around election time. Kinda like the other democrat do to minorities in their districts. She is a disgrace!

• Anetra says:

Hard to follow? Or hard to swallow? I smell more deep state stench. The only thing missing was the pre printed Soros sign.
        Go Sarah!

• deqwik2 says:

The Alaska Federation of Natives is the reason she is a Senator & they wanted a No vote. They believe Kavanaugh will be bad for them. I believe Murkowski was signaling by saying Alaskian Natives are protected but Hawai tribes are not. (She was talking to her support group. I don’t know why else she would say that).

“Murkowski won a historic write-in victory in 2010 when she lost the Republican party primary to Tea Party darling Joe Miller. When she launched the write-in campaign she was supported by a group of Native corporations who banded together, forming the group Alaskans Standing Together.

The Alaska Federation of Natives appreciates Senator Murkowski’s commitment to the Alaska Native community. She heard our concerns about Judge Kavanaugh’s record on the constitutional rights of Native peoples, and voted accordingly this morning on cloture. AFN will continue to advocate against his confirmation and will work to get other senators to join Senator Murkowski prior to tomorrow’s final floor vote.”

• Peg_C the Deplorable says:

She is the ONLY reason I donated to No Name (McTreasonous Piece of Crap on the Soapbox) in Aug. 2008, the day her choice as VP was announced. As it was I nearly bit my hand off to keep from voting for him. I’d vote for her anytime, any place. I miss Sarah Barracuda! You are so fortunate to know her!

• sylwriter says:

I absolutely would, too! I have long wished Sarah would get back into national politics. Her treatment by her (and I say ‘her’ purposely) running mate in the presidential election was inexcusable in my opinion. She was way more popular than him and that’s what angered him. Run, Sarah!

2. It would have been better had she run the first time Murky ran for her 1st election after being appointed by her father the gov at the time. Moments only come by once in a life time and I’m sure at this point SP wouldn’t want to expose her family to the filth the left is throwing at conservatives these days.

3. railer says:

I’d like to know what Murkowski received for this vote. It had to be something. The Swamp set it up to the vote was razor thin, and as Manchin is voting to save his skin, it left one R swing vote available to the highest bidder… Murkowski.

I’m glad this thing is ending, but it’s not hard to see why the Swamp is falling in line on this (albeit with a typical Swamp formulation of the final vote): If they had rejected Kavanaugh, there would likely have been an unpredictable bloodbath of incumbent senators come November. That was the ultimate downside, and likely the reason Schumer is calling this off and rolling over. He gets the #METOO crowd riled up, for whatever that’s worth, but faces less electoral backlash. Bad for the country, but typical Swamp.

It’s another win for Trump though, and I’m not tired of winning yet.

• zorrorides says:

There will be a predictable bloodbath in the November elections if Kavnaugh is denied a Supreme court seat by the Senate. Let’s say our VSGPDJT made it a national campaign in all the states by taking the question to the people, “Do you want me to resubmit Judge Kavenaugh for the SC in January? Will you elect a Senator to vote him in?”

Railer, unpredictable is how much more than sixty would the Republican Senate majority be. Democrats are begging the RINOs to vote for Kavanaugh.

• lilamari says:

I think the Republicans discovered this was another Deep State operation and threatened to expose. Dems gave Mantchin the OK

• WVLioness says:

As a West Virginian, I’m really hoping his “yes” vote doesn’t help him win here. I’m not crazy about Morrissey, but he’s out there working hard now and I know he’s a Trump supporter. Manchin is never going to support our President- that would take the kind of courage Joe just doesn’t have.

• Murky’s vote was payback to Alaska Native Corporations for championing her 2010 Independent write-in campaign after Tea Party guy Joe Miller primaried her. They bought her. They own her. I knew she was a “NO” vote as soon as the Natives ran ads against Kav for his opinion against honoring Native/Indian treaty rights for healthcare, education, subsistence hunting.

• Evelyn says:

A picture is worth a thousand words.
      See EVIL in the face of FEINSTEIN?
      See FEAR & EMOTION in the face of MURKOWSKI?
      A phone was present.
      Q

4. kea says:

YES!!!! I love Sarah Palin. Do it Sarah do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Alaska October 2022

Sarah / Donald rally

MSM required to use dog sleds to bring their equipment!

Polls say 65 R’s winning Senate seats

Looking more and more like House will be close to 79% R

6. My wife likes the idea of living in Alaska. I think I could really, for the first time, consider moving there for the express purpose of voting against Murkowski. She says Kavanaugh is ‘a good man’ but she can’t vote for him… that makes her NOT a good woman. Run Sarah Barracuda!

7. WeThePeople2016 says:

If Sarah does decide to run, she would have an overwhelming grass roots support from all over the country. Run, Sarah, run!

8. franuche says:

Do it. The fraud Murkowsky just explainedbthat her no vote is due to Kavanaugh not keeping his dignified composure when slandered with the most reprehensible lies. She is a fraud and needs to be kicked the fffffffffff… out of office.

• flova says:

These people are unbelievable. ‘Not keeping his composure?!!’ They scrape the bottom of the barrel for any new obstructionist talking point. ‘Compose this, you useless tool for the Dems.’

• MightyMustardSeed says:

Flova, how do you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E?

T-o-m- C-a-r-p-e-r, R-i-c-h-a-r-d B-l-u-m-e-n-t-h-a-l, D-i-a-n-e F-e-i-n-s-t-e-i-n, L-i-s-a M-u-r-k-o-w-s-k-i, C-o-r-y B-o-o-k-e-r, K-a-m-a-l-a H-a-r-r-i-s, B-i-l-l-o-r-y C-l-i-n-t-o-n

• cjzak says:

Does she ever listen to the lovely Maxine Waters and her off the rails rants? Talk about not keeping her composure. Another lame try to justify her cave to the Dems.

• I'm BIG says:

She’s not a fraud. She voted with her party. If it looks like a Dumbocrat, lies like a Dumbocrat, votes like a Dumbocrat then surely it’s Dumbocrat. Looks like Queen Difi got to her by the looks of the picture in the hallway.

• mztore says:

Just take a look at her voting record, you are right about her party, but the name is demonrat, and never use a capital letter for what you don’t approve of or like.

• I'm BIG says:

Dumbo is the name of a famous elephant. The elephant is the symbol of the Republican Party. If it looks like a Rebublican but acts like a Democrat it’s a Dumbo-crat

• I'm BIG says:

• I'm BIG says:

• WSB says:

Would love a way to unseat her for any illegalities, to order up a special election!

9. J Gottfred says:

Murkowski explaining her no vote on Fox. What weak act. I always though Alaska voters were big burly lumberjacks who expected more grist from their politicians than I am seeing here. LIke DiFi she needs to go!

10. daughnworks247 says:

That WITCH. That ——%^*()) —– WITCH. Murkowski rationalizing her decision to vote no, because of Judicial behavior Rule 1.2. Judge must act “at all times” in appropriate fashion. Thus, because of Kavanaugh’s full throated defense of his honor, after being accused of ‘gang rape’, he is not fit. Never mind that Senators were attacking him, lying about him, threatening his future, his honor, and as a result, his family.
    I want her political hide. I want to burn her files when she is voted out and do a dance. Time to form a PAC for Sarah. She needs to GO. Never mind Ginsberg and her incredibly incendiary comments about candidate Trump during a presidential election. Never mind Justice Breyer today. Never mind that we are holding Judge Kavanaugh to a higher standard than any other SCOTUS judge in the history of our country. Murkowski is a snake and she needs to be removed.

11. sarahsoldier says:

I’m doubting that Sarah Palin was signaling an intention to run, unfortunately, but I’m sure she will be more than willing to help anyone that does.

12. wildsailor2018 says:

Uh oh… Mamma Bear is coming out of hibernation…

13. Ip Siscr says:

Sara ! Yes ! Now for some ‘skis.

14. TRUMP/PALIN 2020..
    That would be a very serious WINNING Ticket..
    OooohhhRahh!

15. BakoCarl says:

Love that picture of Sarah! I’d bet she’s got her favorite skinning knife at the ready!

16. J Gottfred says:

I am so p|ssed with these demonstrators. They are totally unaccountable. We regulate guns, we regulate lobbyists, we regulate just about everyone who interacts with the public. Maybe we should require demonstrators who are in the Capitol Building to also register. At least we would know who they are and get some disclosure on their backgrounds and bias. I would be happy to comply and go to Washington.

17. Steve Summar says:

Run Sarah Run…helping make earth great again…MEGA…WWG1WGA

• Grassleygirl/Breitbartista/DannyBoy says:

I was a member of conservatives4Palin site for years. Tammy can surely take leave from her fox contributed spot to manage campaign.I’ll sign on tomorrow.

18. LafnH20 says:

FTA…

YOUNG ONE: “Master, does success go to the clever one, or to the lucky one?”

MERLYN: “Success is sometimes discovered by the clever one, and occasionally by the lucky one, but it is most often laid hold of by the determined one.”

YOUNG ONE: “Will you teach me to be determined?”

MERLYN: “Determination is dangerous… relentless… remorseless… and inescapable. It returns to its master with treasure between its teeth.”

YOUNG ONE: “Is Determination a dog? Shall I summon it with a whistle?”

MERLYN: “The whistle is a four-note tune that comes at a high price.”

YOUNG ONE: “Teach me the notes. I will pay.”

MERLYN: “Everyone wants to be a beast, until it’s time to do what real beasts do.”

YOUNG ONE: “Teach me the notes.”

MERLYN: “As you wish.”

This is what the old wizard taught me:

NOTE ONE: Count the cost.
    MERLYN: “Consider everything that might go wrong. Is your goal worth enough that you would endure all this discomfort and pain? If the answer is yes, then make peace with those possibilities and you will be bulletproof. No matter what happens, you will not panic. You will have already been there in your mind.”

NOTE TWO: Throw your cap over the wall.
    MERLYN: “A group of boys walk a pathway next to a high stone wall that surrounds the estate of a nobleman. The older boys challenge each other to climb the wall, but none of them can do it. The youngest boy then takes off his cap and tosses it over the wall. Confused, the other boys watch as he quickly climbs the wall. Upon his return, he looks at them and says, ‘I was not going home without that cap.’”

NOTE THREE: Employ Exponential Little Bits.
    MERLYN: “Ask yourself at every meal, ‘What difference have I made today?’ Do not let your head touch your pillow until you have taken an action that moves you a Little Bit closer to your goal, no matter how tiny that action might be. Exponential Little Bits are relentless activities that compound to make a miracle. When daily progress meets with progress, it doesn’t add, it multiplies.”

NOTE FOUR: Be an observer, a simple witness to what happens.
    MERLYN: “You are responsible for your actions, not for the outcome. To be effective, you must be objective. Become a tool in the hand of the goal itself. Eliminate your ego. Do not seek recognition. It isn’t about you. It’s about the thing you’re doing. Are you willing to pay this price? Can you whistle the notes that summon the dog?”

YOUNG ONE: “You said the dog returns to its master with treasure between its teeth.”

MERLYN: “Yes.”

YOUNG ONE: “I see blood on that treasure.”

MERLYN: “Yes.”

YOUNG ONE: “And the blood is my own.”

MERLYN: “You are ready to whistle the notes.”

Roy H. Williams

🇺🇸VOTE 🇺🇸
    🇺🇸MAGA🇺🇸

19. MALTHUS says:

Nutzs! “Wasilla police…”

This is why it is better to listen than talk.

Having conceded that, Palin is a fighter who will vigorously champion the Second Amendment and reliably votes pro-life.

Thanks for allowing me to post my thoughts on this remarkable forum.

• piper567 says:

MALTHUS, in case you do not know this, when you are properly signed in to WP, a little bell comes up in the far right-hand corner of your screen.
      If you click on this bell, you will see the responses to your posts.
      just making sure you know you are welcome!

• sat0422 says:

Thanks. I have been using this site for several years and never knew that. But, why does an advertisement block my view. There doesn’t seem to be a way to block it out.
        I used to be able to stay logged into WP but now I find myself having to sign in all the time.
        Any help will be greatly appreciated.

20. Iamcat says:

Go Sarah!!!!

21. trialbytruth says:

Run Sarah Run.

They already made the Porn movie, dehumanized your children to justify attacking them, and lied at every opportunity. There quivers are empty. SMOKE EM.

22. LafnH20 says:

There is a tide in the affairs of men…

Brutus:
    There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures.

Julius Caesar Act 4, scene 3, 218–224

What ever you decide to do, Sarah…
    How ever you decide to do it…

I’m In!!

SMOKE EM!!!

23. WSB says:

You GO, Governor Palin!!!!! America’s Senator!!!!!!!

24. Sherman McCoy says:

2022 -“The North Remembers”

25. distracted2 says:

I’m just going to echo “Do it, Sarah!”

26. Brainiac says:

Go, Sarah!

27. snailmailtrucker says:

I’d love to see Sarah kick the Murkowski Crime Family’s ass-once again in Alaska !

28. Grassleygirl/Breitbartista/DannyBoy says:

Senator Palin has a nice ring to it🚨👠

29. LafnH20 says:

The U.S. Senate can expel members from the Senate by a two-thirds majority. The United States Constitution, Article I, Section 5, Clause 2 states: Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member.

Would a Federal Conviction be…
    Disorderly Behavior…🤔🤔

Or something more serious?

Disorderly behavior is one thing…
    Federal CRIMES … quite another.. imho

Each state = 2 senators
    100÷3×2= 66.66 (67)

Presently,
    Rep=51
    Dem=49 (including 2 Independents)
    (51/49) 🤔
    flake🤔
    How convenient. /s

The 2018 Senate election takes place on November 6, 2018. There are 35 seats up in 2018, of which (26) are held by Democrats.

Just thinkin out Loud

30. snailmailtrucker says:

Governor Sarah Palin’s Executive Accomplishments
    Executive Authority and Success
    Sarah Palin was the first female and youngest governor ever elected in Alaskan history.
    Alaska is tied for the second most powerful governorship in the United States.
    “[I]t turns out that the Governor’s office in Alaska is one of the country’s most powerful. For more than two decades Thad Beyle, a political scientist at the University of North Carolina, has maintained an index of “institutional powers” in state offices. He rates governorships on potential length of service, budgetary and appointment authority, veto power and other factors. Mr. Beyle’s findings for 2008 rate Alaska at 4.1 on a scale of 5. The national average is 3.5.”
    Historically High Approval Ratings
    · Palin had a 89% and 93% approval rating in May 2007:
    “Gov. Sarah Palin, a Republican, has earned 89% and 93% approval ratings in two recent polls. She has won nearly universal support because of her strong stand for honest government in the face of a corruption probe into other members of her party. Her support of a proposed natural gas pipeline to the continental USA has helped, too. “Her strength is her independence,” says Alaska pollster David Dittman of Dittman Research in Anchorage. “She distanced herself from the old boy Republican regime and has been completely non-partisan.” Alaska Democratic Party Chairman Jake Westbrook credits Palin with working across party lines on issues where there is agreement.”
    “The triumph came in Alaska where Sarah Palin, a politician of eye-popping integrity, was elected governor. She is now the most popular governor in America, with an approval rating in the 90s, and probably the most popular public official in any state.” – Fred Barnes, The Weekly Standard 07/16/07
    Governor Palin’s approval rating average from the time of her inauguration until John McCain selected her to serve as the vice presidential candidate in 2008, was 77.38%
    Budgeting and Spending
    Cut state spending between 2007 and 2010 by 9.5%.
    Reduced federal earmark requests by more than 80%:
    In FY2007, Gov. Frank Murkowski requested $350 million in federal appropriations, which Gov. Palin reduced to $256 million in FY2008, $198 million in FY2009, and $69 million in FY2010.
    Invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program to provide support for low-income older Alaskans.
    Stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere” and wanted to redirect the federal funds to Minnesota after the bridge collapse in 2007. In an email to her staff, she wrote:
    [W]e MUST come out with a strong position against AK ‘ s perceived ” Bridge to Nowhere” so we quit looking clueless and selfish across the nation and can clear up the perception that the Gravina project is the state ‘ s priority . The $350m bridge is not our priority.
    The nation needs to be spending $ on fixing what we have – Minnesota needs ” bridge money” today more than we need a few Alaskans to perpetuate the nonsensical notion that our Gravina earmark is more important than fixing aged infrastructure. We would gain so much if we get that message out there – that the nation can pull, and work , together and make wise decisions on federal priorities … we should see that earmark redirected to Minnesota ‘ s tragedy be the Gravina bridge isn’t going to happen on our watch anyway.
    Rejected much of President Obama’s “stimulus money” in 2009. During a press conference on the matter, she said:
    “We are not requesting funds intended to just grow government. We are not requesting more money for normal day-to-day operations of government as part of this economic stimulus package. In essence we say no to operating funds for more positions in government.”
    Also stating in a press release:
    “As I wrote to our congressional delegation on January 7, our administration recognizes that President-elect Obama and the congressional leadership of both parties favor the use of formulas to ensure fairness among the states and to avoid the earmark abuses of the past.
    We also have to be mindful about the effect of the stimulus package on the national debt and the future economic health of the country. We won’t achieve long-term stability if we continue borrowing massive sums from foreign countries and remain dependent on foreign sources of oil and gas.”
    Proposed a $2.6 billion investment in the Education Fund to help fund public education for the future.
    Used her line-item veto to cut more than a quarter billion in superfluous spending in 2007:
    The Governor vetoed nearly a quarter of a billion dollars of projects contained within Senate Bill 53. Establishing a budget process, the Governor focused her decisions on the Constitutionally-mandated services of education, public safety and health, and infrastructure.
    2007 vetoes included projects such as berry economic development, the AT&T Sports Center, a Salmon Study, a tennis court at the Lions Club, batting cages, gun club facility improvements, motocross course construction, a virus free seed potato project, and numerous other items placed in the budget that were not the State of Alaska’s responsibility.
    In 2008, Governor Palin vetoed more than a quarter billion in superfluous spending:
    In all, $268 million was vetoed from the budget bills. “The budgets will provide needed services, will leverage other funds and will make a significant investment in Alaska’s future,” Governor Palin said.
    Vetoed 361 line-items in 2008.
    Utilized line item reductions to reduce proposed spending by $80.3 million in 2009.
    Instituted a temporary hiring freeze to reduce expenditures during a period of unanticipated low oil prices in 2009.
    Cut spending more than 33% in FY2010 from FY 2009’s budget.
    Signed energy legislation suspending the state motor fuel tax.
    Provide Alaskan residents with a “resource rebate” to help offset high energy costs:
    After funding the state’s priorities, putting billions away in savings and still seeing a budget surplus, the Legislature agreed to a special one-time payment, sharing part of our resource wealth with Alaskans, who under our Constitution are the owners in common of these resources, and who I believe can decide better than government how to use that share.”
    Signed legislation opposing a federal aviation fuel tax.
    Lowered unemployment insurance tax rates:
    For the second year in a row, unemployment insurance tax rates have dropped.
    “The 2009 unemployment insurance tax rates will be the lowest Alaska employers have experienced in 29 years,” Governor Palin announced today. An employer in the average rate class will pay approximately $93 less for each employee than in 2008. The rates are applicable to the first $32,700 of the individual employee earnings
    Cut property taxes as Mayor of Wasilla. She eliminated small business inventory taxes; cut property tax mil levy every year she was in office (6 years straight).
    Fiscal Management
    Reformed the state’s pension program by ensuring a successful transition from a defined benefits to a defined contributions system and addressing the $8 billion unfunded liability in Alaska state’s retirements, making it more solvent and leading to a decrease of 34.6% in state liabilities during her tenure.
    Left Alaska with an improved credit rating during and following her tenure as Governor:
    · Standard & Poor’s raised Alaska’s credit rating from AA to AA+ in April, 2008:
    “Our fiscal prudence is being recognized by the financial markets. It affirms our efforts to control government spending and live within our means,” Governor Palin said. “We have been working hard advocating for Alaska, both within the state and outside, and I am pleased to see it paying off.”
    · Moody’s upgraded Alaska’s credit rating to AAA in November 2010 and Standard & Poor’s upgraded Alaska to AAA too in January in large part due to Governor Palin’s policies as indicated below. Each italicized bullet point is a point provided by Standard and Poor’s as an indicator for credit upgrade:
    o “The state’s strong financial management and generally conservative forecasting”: during her tenure, Governor Palin cut spending 9.5% and reduced earmarks 80%.
    o “The state’s financial flexibility, enhanced by the maintenance of large reserves derived from windfall oil revenues since fiscal year 2008”: Governor Palin’s oil tax reform plan implemented in FY2008 was a severance or production tax on oil companies—a tax they paid as a recompense for developing the Alaskan owned natural resources has helped create fiscal reserves for the state.
    o “The state’s moderate debt burden”: During her tenure, Alaska’s overall debt decreased nearly more than 157 million dollars between FY2007 (her predecessor’s final budget year) and FY2010 (her final budget year), while debt outstanding increased at 4.2% annual rate (between FY 2007 and FY 2010) compared to the 6.8% annual rate of her predecessor (between FY2003 and FY2007).
    o “An accumulation of multiple budget reserves equal to more than 200 percent of the general fund budget”: Due to legislation like ACES and the frugal budgeting of Governors Palin and Parnell, Alaska now has a 12 billion dollars in savings. During the VP campaign, Governor Palin was able to tout a more than $5 billion surplus.
    Spent less on travel expense than her two predecessors despite having a larger family. In fact, she spent over $913,000 less on personal expenses in her first two years than former Governor Frank Murkowski did his last two years.
    Rejected a gubernatorial pay raise.
    “Gov. Sarah Palin didn’t ask for a pay raise and won’t accept one during her current term.”
    Took a voluntary pay cut as mayor to set the tone for her administration.
    Energy
    ACES: In 2007, Governor Palin signed ACES—Alaska’s Clear and Equitable Share—a net tax on oil profits that was passed in a bipartisan and transparent manner.Constituents had opportunity to read a draft of the bill 17 days before legislators discussed it. ACES replaced the corruption tainted oil tax plan of the previous administration which was passed in secret and ultimately lead to the indictment of several Alaskan state officials and oil company personnel. ACES provided oil companies with incentives to develop. The progressivity of the tax meant producers were protected when oil prices were low while the interest of the resource owners—the people of Alaska— were appropriately protected as well.
    Job Success of ACES:
    There were a record number of oil industry jobs in each year from 2007, when ACES was implemented, to 2009.
    The number of oil companies filling taxes with the state of Alaska doubled between 2006 and 2009. This includes a number of independent and foreign oil companies.
    Natural resources and logging jobs increased 13.7% during Governor Palin’s tenure according to Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development data.
    Economic Success of ACES:
    Contributed to Alaska’s credit upgrade by Standard and Poor’s.
    Helped the state to put $12 billion into savings.
    AGIA (Alaska Gasline Inducement Act) — After many decades of unsuccessful attempts to bring a gas pipeline project into existence, Governor Palin and her team introduced to Alaskans the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA) in March 2007. AGIA passed the Legislature by a vote of 57-1 in May 2007. The framework for America’s largest private sector infrastructure project—a natural gas pipeline—was signed into law by Governor Palin on June 6, 2007. In August 2008, the Alaska Legislature authorized the Palin Administration to award the AGIA license to TransCanada Alaska. In June 2009, Exxon Mobil signed an agreement with TransCanada to partner on the project.
    Governor Palin’s AGIA legislation was conducted out in the open, made use of a competitive bidding process and placed not only Alaska, but the nation on a path toward energy independence.
    The stated purpose of AGIA is to expedite the development of a natural gas pipeline that:
    Facilitates commercialization of North Slope gas resources in the state.
    Promotes exploration and development of Alaska’s oil and gas resources.
    Maximizes benefits to the people of the state from the development of oil and gas resources.
    Encourages oil and gas lessees and other persons to commit to ship natural gas from the North Slope to a gas pipeline system for transportation to markets in Alaska or elsewhere.
    AGIA establishes mutual commitments and responsibilities between the State of Alaska and the AGIA licensee, specifically, commitments to include regular expansions of the pipeline, local hire, instate delivery service at reasonable costs and a firm timeline for development. In exchange for meeting the state’s requirements, the successful AGIA project applicant is entitled to certain inducements that will facilitate project development, notably, up to “$500 million in matching funds, which will help reduce the financial risks that such a huge project faces in its early stages.”
    Pt. Thomson: Under Governor Palin’s leadership, drilling Commenced at Pt. Thomson after Exxon Mobil had sat on their leases for more than 25 years The Point Thomson field contains one of the largest untapped and proven reserves of oil and gas on the continent.
    Petroleum Systems Integrity Office (PSIO): Governor Palin created the “Petroleum Systems Integrity Office” (PSIO) in April 2007:
    PSIO addresses lax maintenance practices on the North Slope that came to light last year after corroded pipelines spilled 200,000 gallons of oil, leading to production shut-downs at Prudhoe Bay and interruption in the flow of oil revenue to the state, she said.
    PSIO requires industry to establish and maintain quality assurance programs, and requires the state to inspect facilities to ensure operators comply with those programs. PSIO will also search for any gaps in laws, regulations or industry practices that threaten the integrity of the state’s oil and gas infrastructure. If necessary, the office will step in and exert the state’s authority as issuer of development leases to ensure the system and the state’s interests are protected.
    Took on “Big Oil”: Governor Palin stood up for her constituents when dealing with the powerful oil companies:
    “What bothers me is that Alaska tried it Exxon’s way. The result was a contract that is not viable. It did not have the support of the public or the legislature. That’s why we need a competitive, open, and transparent process,” said Governor Palin. “It’s painfully obvious that Exxon Mobil does not want that process. We know exactly where we’re going and have a plan to move forward. Exxon doesn’t like that plan because it puts the interests of Alaska and the nation, first – and not Exxon.”
    Served on national energy committees: Governor Palin served as Vice Chair of the National Governors Association and as the Natural Resource Committee and Chairman of the Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission.
    Chair, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-200
    Jobs and Business Growth
    Jobs:
    Alaska was 2nd in job growth compared to all other states during her tenure as governor.
    Alaska was 3rd in the nation in terms of change in the unemployment rate relative to the national average.
    Alaska saw a record number of oil jobs in both 2008 and 2009; natural resource and logging jobs increased 13.7% during Governor Palin’s tenure.
    In her first year in office, Alaska was 6th in the country in unemployment improvement.
    Business growth and opportunity:
    Governor Palin cut business license fees in half, during her tenure.
    Alaska moved up from the 4th most business tax friendly state to the 3rd most business tax friendly state during her tenure.
    She signed legislation allowing Alaska-based businesses the same opportunities as out-of-state businesses, within Alaska.
    The number of oil companies doing business in Alaska doubled following the passage of ACES.
    Alaska’s exports grew to a record-high $4 billion in 2006, a 12.6 percent increase.
    Alaska’s exports for 2007 reached $3.9 billion, the second best year for exports.
    Ethics Reform and Transparency
    Governor Palin fought for and signed sweeping bipartisan ethics legislation which restricted lobbyists, improved disclosure laws, and improved executive and legislative branch ethics laws.
    In the face of corruption, she took on her own party when it was necessary:
    She has pushed through ethics legislation amid a burgeoning corruption investigation of Alaska lawmakers. She has bucked her party’s old guard. And she has ordered her administration to seek fewer congressional earmarks.
    “What separates her from the others is that at a time when Republicans have suffered from the corruption, she represents clean politics” John J. Pitney Jr. December 27, 2007
    She released her ACES—oil tax bill—to her constituents 17 days prior to the special legislative session where it was to be discussed.
    She opened up natural gas pipeline deals to all potential parties.
    She put the state checkbook online.
    Governor Palin did not allow lobbyists in her office.
    Education
    Forward funded education to allow districts greater flexibility. She stated in an email to her staff at the time:
    “My goal is to get more money into the classroom; the teaching profession will be honored and teacher profiles elevated on my watch; educ is priority; nothing’s more impt than our kids; I want Ak to feel the same vigor for educ as we have for the gasline; we’ll succeed in forward funding ( eventually ); on our watch our students will have opportunity to be successful via our innovative educ reforms.”
    Supported increased vocational training and early education funding.
    Offered to personally talk to students considering dropping out of school.
    Opened up opportunity to Alaskan students to participate in regional medical school
    Increased overall funding for special needs education 175%.
    Increased funding for the Alaska Youth Challenge Academy 18.8% in her first year in office (FY2008) compared to her predecessor’s final year (FY2007).
    Governor Palin’s FY2008 capital budget included $2.5 million for special needs housing (a 42% increase in capital funding over her predecessor) and $250,000 for Special Olympics facility upgrades.
    Health Care
    Introduced health care transparency legislation:
    The bill would establish an Alaska health care information office to give consumers factual information on quality, cost and other important matters to help them make better-informed decisions about health care in the state. Recognizing that health care must be market-and business-driven, rather than restricted by government.
    Proposed repeal of Certificate of Need—a layer of bureaucracy that prevents medical facility development.
    Established the Alaska Health Strategies Planning Council in the Office of the Governor.
    Reduced Medicaid assessments for seniors, those who are disabled, and those who are ill by 83% of her predecessor.
    Expanded Alaska’s Senior benefits program, even signing emergency authorization between the legislature’s general and special sessions.
    Support for Constitutional Rights
    2nd Amendment
    Joined multi-state amicus brief authored by the state of Texas in support of the Second Amendment rightof individual Americans to bear arms.
    Life member of the National Rifle Association
    Awarded with the NRA’s Gold Medal Award of Merit and the NRA Benefactor Life Membership for defending the 2nd amendment.
    10th Amendment
    Sued the federal government when the Department of the Interior began listing the polar bear as a threatened species because it such a listing would hamper Alaska’s economy:
    “Inappropriate implementation of this listing decision could result in widespread social and economic impacts, including increased power costs and further increases in fuel prices, without providing any more protection for the species,” Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Tom Irwin said.
    “While the state is challenging the listing, we remain committed to assuring Alaska’s polar bears are conserved,” Governor Palin said. “The state will continue to monitor Alaska’s polar bear populations and their behaviors in relation to changing sea ice conditions.”
    Sued the federal government when the Cook Inlet beluga whale was listed as endangered because the federal government did not take into account the conservation and protection efforts already put in place by the state of Alaska:
    “The State of Alaska has worked cooperatively with the federal government to protect and conserve beluga whales in Cook Inlet,” said Governor Palin. “This listing decision didn’t take those efforts into account as required by law.”
    […]
    “While challenging the listing, we will continue to protect beluga whales,” said Governor Palin. “We will also be assisting Alaskan communities and stakeholders with navigating the complex bureaucratic process this listing decision imposes on their projects and working cooperatively with federal agencies on the required consultations, designations of critical habitat and development of a recovery plan and objectives.”
    Chose to monitor rather than participate in national standards for education, noting that state and local standards and accountability are better. Instead, she chose to implement a pilot program to improve readiness for school, to employ an initiative to ensure struggling school districts have the needed capacity to serve their students, and maintain a state director of rural education:
    “The State of Alaska fully believes that schools must have high expectations of students,” Governor Palin said. “But high expectations are not always created by new, mandated federal standards written on paper. They are created in the home, the community and the classroom.”
    Transitioned responsibility for the quality of Alaska water resources from federal to state control.
    State Constitution:
    Vetoed HB4001 which prohibited the commissioner of the department of administration from adopting same-sex regulations:
    “HB4001, is unconstitutional given the recent Court order of December 19th, mandating same-sex benefits. With that in mind, signing this bill would be in direct violation of my oath of office.”
    Military
    Governor Palin shared strategic command over the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard:
    Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks. It’s on permanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.
    As governor of Alaska, Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism.
    Governor Palin was also Commander- in-chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF):
    She’s also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security’s counterterrorism plans.
    Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country’s defense. Given Alaska’s proximity to Russia, she may have security clearances we don’t even know about.
    She made official visits troops in Kuwait, Germany and Kosovo.
    Military personnel stationed in Alaska and serving in any National Guard or Reserve unit received free hunting, fishing and trapping licenses.
    Sanctity of Life
    She supported both parental notification and parental consent laws for abortion.
    Governor Palin supported state constitutional amendments or legislation that would have stated abortion is not a right & made coerced abortion a crime.
    She also signed the ‘Safe Haven’ Bill into law.
    Civil and Safety Issues
    Signed the Sonya Ivanoff Act. SB 45, mandating the maximum sentence for first-degree murder when committed by an on-duty peace officer.
    Extended the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
    Made it mandatory that the governor and the Board of Parole to work together to ensure any decision on clemency is based on a thorough review of the case and made in deference to victims and their families.
    Expanded Alaska Homeless Council
    Directed multi-departmental Effort to improve aviation safety.
    Signed aviation, consumer protection legislation.
    Organizations
    Former Member, Alaska Municipal League Board
    Member, Alaska Miners Association
    Member, Alaska Outdoor Council
    Member, Alaska Resource Development Council
    Member, Chambers of Commerce (Various)
    Member, Iditarod Parent-Teacher Association
    Life Member, National Rifle Association
    Founder, SarahPAC (Political Action Committee)
    Member, Valley Hospital Association Board
    Coach/Hockey Team Manager, Valley Youth Sports
    Member, Youth Court Steering Committee
    Former Member, American Management Association
    Former Member, Salvation Army Board
    Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society at Alaska Pacific University

31. Koot Katmando says:

I hope the rules allow McConnell to remove Murk from important committees. Hope we pick up a few more senators so they can stop coddling her.

32. whoseyore says:

WRITE HER IN ON THE BALLOT, Alaska! We need us some more yes’s in Senate! Murkowski is Democrat.

33. Mike diamond says:

I love Sarah Palin as a good conservative,she likes to hunt and fish,she is for our gun rights,she loves America,and she stands with Israel,she takes up for the unborn,she is pro-life,right on sarah!

34. Mike diamond says:

Sundance,Thanks for all you do and for a conservative tree house to fellowship with other conservatives!!!!

35. notunderwhelmed says:

Go, Sarah! Take this traitorous witch down! 👌🐸

36. gymcy81 says:

Does Ms. Murkowski have the temperament to accept a primary result of having lost?

She lost, but battled back as an independent (for the GOP) and gathered dem votes to win over the in AL election for Senator (over a GOP primary winner that the Murkowski has previously lost).

p.s.
    there is an inkling of doubt that some of the other five SC nominees that Sn. Murkowski voted upon, did not meet (or it was not looked into) the high, “always” even keel, temperament standard in one’s life time.

p.s.t.
    Ms. Palin – and many others,
    yes, go ahead and pull up the prior Murkowski temperament – at that time.
    Does she meet the high standard that she expects of the SC nominee or, is it a double standard (as a lot of other dems apply to people, unfairly).
    Something to contemplate….

p.s.s.t.
    Jesus (human / god) is a high standard, and near perfect, yet human too. No doubt.
    Yet, even he expressed – and even displayed with action – reasonable dismay when the worship temple was being mis-used as a market place. Uncharitable solicitations invites unvirtuous behaviors. (the prior unlistening) People listened, and learned. That was lawful, loving, and helping to make this a better place than how one found it.

Love thy neighbors

37. LibertyONE says:

Colins and Manchin OBVIOUSLY saw the light of TRUTH! Murkymo is DOA. She might as well enjoy her last yrs as a senator.

38. Retired IG says:

Wow. Sarah Palin has her balls back (not that she ever lost them)., and so proud of her for speaking out against Murkowski.
    I will never forget how the MSM ridiculed Palin as a running mate with McCain: her hair, her clothes, what came out of her mouth. Think she was the first female to get the “Kavanagh Treatment.” Where were all of the ME TOO women standing up for Palin’s honor? There were NONE. All women back then LOVED SHAMING SARAH PALIN because they were so in love with OBUMMER.
    Consider the treatment of Palin then versus Ford now in the press, . Palin was PAINTED BLACk DUMBER THAN STUPID. A person who was not supposed to be hurt by all of this shit thrown out her by the press.
    FORD is now painted HOLIER THAN THOU by the MSM. And Soros funded protestors, is it really abuse you are clamoring about, or it is just because the man is a Republican? Think about it. Why were there not such demonstrations over Bill Clinton?
    And Murkowski, I really don’t know where your are coming from emotionally, politically, or where you supposedly come from in Alaska. And I really don’t care if you are a Republican or Democrat. But if Feinstein (the wicked witch) pinning you to the wall is the cause for you voting against Kavanagh, you really have some MOTHER issues to work out in therapy.
    I believe when you next come up for a vote for your office, the people in Alaska will NOT FORGET about Kavanagh. . Thank you Governor Palin for reminding this wimp what is at stake for her in the upcoming vote.

• Melanie says:

If you ever get a chance watch “Game Change” with new eyes. They tried to portray Sarah in the most detrimental way. Praying in a Circle, caring more about Alaska Polls,
      missing her family. I found her refreshing!

39. rbrtsmth says:

Drill baby Drill has become a reality.

40. Retired IG says:

When Time Magazine was what it used to be, this picture would be their best of the year.

41. noswamp says:

I have to say that Palin is now my 100 percent top ten favorite GOP politician in America. Cute, gutsy, a patriot and not perfect just like many families in the USA. I think she would make a wonderful Senator. And I think she would make an even better President. Better than even Pence, maybe.

42. RedSoloCup says:

Alaska needs to finally take out the trash known as Murkowski…and Sarah is the perfect replacement!

43. James W Crawford says:

I would much rather see President Trump pass the baton to President Palin in 2020. She is the President we should have had and would have had in 2009 if McCain had expended the effort to win then died sometime after innaugeration.

Even in 2021, a President Palin would make watching the SOTU address more asthetically appealing.

44. Hopper Creek says:

The Rank and file Native communities are predominatly Christian, The Inupiat Community ftom Kotzebue along the coast through Barrow to the Canadian border are predominately Friends Church ( Quaker ). Nome and South, then up the Yukon east is predomitaly Catholic,,ect .ect.
    The way to defeat the Murkowski machine is simply make the rank and file native community aware of Lisa s support , using Taxpayers dollars to support the radical, baby mutillating , baby part sales, evil of Planned Butcherhood..
    She thinks she can slide till 2022,,,,,She s sadly mistaken,..her 1 vote to keep Obama care (witch kept funding for Planned Butcherhood ) , her vote againxt Devos, and now this,…..She s toast…
    Isigukpuk