Thursday September 27th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

153 Responses to Thursday September 27th – Open Thread

1. phattcat says:

“Modern life has broken too many women. They have been on birth control pills for 30 years, their hormones are shot, they have had multiple abortions, they live with the regret of killing their own children.
    “They drove away any man who ever loved them or tried to love them. Their grown children (if they have any) can’t stand them. They are pleasant to their face but they feel like strangers. They tried to find love in wild sex and found it hollowed them out like empty shells.
    “They take medication for their depression. When the vegan restaurant down the street gives them food poisoning they are all alone, with no one to care for them. They vomit into an apartment toilet among silence.
    “They own nothing. They have built nothing. They cry every day.
    “They look at younger women who didn’t take the feminist path and fume with hatred. They can’t stand their sweet children, their loving husbands, or their happy life. Their hate consumes them. Co-workers and family members whisper behind their backs. These people avoid the woman’s phone calls and mute them on Facebook, sick to death of their ranting and lunacy.
    “They have become a joke. They are desperate to hear the words “mama” and “grandma” but the words never come and so they fill the empty place with binge eating and more hate. They thought they fought all their lives for “love” and for women to have it “better” than it used to be. They cannot confront the truth and so they double down, becoming more extreme, more irrational.
    “The tradmoms grow happy in their old age, wrinkles do not dull their rosy cheeks, but the bitter women look around and see only people who are waiting for them to die. They are a burden and they know it. It eats at them every day. One more check, one more group, one more protest, one more Tweet, one more lie and they will finally feel whole…..but the wholeness never comes.
    “That nice, successful husband and father she knew in high school…ya, he wanted her so bad, he tried to rape her. That’s it. Ya, that makes her feel better. For the moment.”

trad = traditional

2. prenanny says:

Over 8 million households have cut their cable this year, I would like to thank them from the whole of my heart. That brings the total to 33 million and counting.
    If you have not done so already please pray on it.
    There is new streaming content being added often and The Library of Congress has just “opened” the National screening room for our viewing pleasures 258 items so far.

MAGA

3. nwtex says:

So is that A. Milano tweeting from the hearing?
    Throw her out and take her coat!

Celebrities Alyssa Milano, Ellen DeGeneres and Mia Farrow take to Twitter to stand in solidarity with Dr Christine Ford
    27 September 2018

4. dogsmaw says:

5. Minnie says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Our Heavenly Father, Your children come to you tonight to ask for healing and peace throughout our country so that we may return to being One Nation Under God.

Guide us to be leaders in Your Kingdom, spreading Your Love and Salvation to all.

Forgive us our sins and deliver us from evil.

Lord, we ask for a blanket of protection over all our troops and law enforcement who serve to defend and protect us.

Bless our representatives with the strength and wisdom they need to achieve the path You have chosen for us.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.

Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.

Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray, Amen.

6. I will leave my thoughts on this day of “drama” here. Got a couple 2 or 3 things going through what little mind I have left.

I have been to “parties” such as the ones described in todays Senate testimony. And incidents happened then that would be severely frowned upon today that were considered a kind of “right of passage” then. Rightly or Wrongly.
    And if someone went too far, it was normally an older brother/cousin that got involved with the offending party and were “persuaded” not to have any further contact with the person. And then the parents would get involved. But I suppose these days it is asking too much for a parent to assume some responsibility towards their child.

I had been thinking that perhaps Mrs. Ford did have a traumatic experience but was confused as to who was involved. But after reading over these last few days about the number of “Clinton Family” members Mrs. Ford is directly associated with I began to question that assumption. Then I read where all of her “reference witnesses” have no recollection of such an event that involved them and Mr. Kavanaugh. A similar set of events revolves around the “College Dorm Incident” as well. Then I read that Ms. Feinstein has had the “evidence” provided by Mrs. Ford for nearly 2 months now and did not make it available. At that point, I put 1+1 together and got a much different answer than the answer being presented by the State Media.

The final piece of the puzzle came together when towards the end of Mr. Kavanaugh’s testimony today Sen. Cruz was asking questions of Sen. Grassley to verify the Judiciary Committee does have a procedure to discuss “confidential witness information” without making the information public. So had Ms. Feinstein provided the information in a “closed setting” of the Committee, todays circus would have been avoided; the accusations would have been address in the Background Check, and a more rational debate could have been undertaken. But that would further the cause of the “Resistance”.

Another disturbing part of the hearing was the continued reference to the “credible testimony” given by Mrs. Ford. How could the testimony be “credible” when all those individuals provided as references deny that the incident(s) in question actually occurred?? Perhaps even the Bolshevik members of the Committee realized that the contrived accusations would never stand up to scrutiny even by the likes of Strzok and Page. So instead of admitting that the burden to review Mrs. Ford’s “information” lay with the committee, the Bolsheviks insinuated that it was somehow Mr. Kavanaugh’s responsibility to demand the FBI to augment their background checks concerning the event.

I was pleasantly surprised by the stance taken by the gentile Mr. Graham. His remarks made perfect sense to me and seemed quite logical. And I do believe he was actually showing real emotion rather than “playing to the camera”. But I believe that the emotion is due to the nature of the accusations being perhaps a little too close to home for him to be simply an “interested party”. I also think he was reminding his colleagues that if these unfounded accusations are used to prevent Mr. Kavanaugh’s confirmation, then there will be a serious effort to identify those in the Congress that have used the “Victims Settlement Fund”. Yet another non-Constitutional use of our tax monies. Quite frankly, I am almost surprised that #MeToo has not made a more concerted effort to make this happen.

In my opinion, this may well be the “Fort Sumter” moment that the Bolsheviks have been pushing us towards for the last 2 years. The “evidence” presented that Mr. Kavanaugh is some kind of sexual deviant is “hearsay” at best; and most likely completely fabricated. The individuals presenting this “evidence” have been ‘recruited’ to sacrifice themselves for the “cause”.

“Cold Anger”, in my opinion, is no longer an apt descriptor for what we witnessed today. What we witnessed today was the most brazen attempt to illustrate the “consequences” of not being “approved” by the Uniparty. And even most of the “Republican” members of the ‘Party seemed to realize this and that their perceived power could be removed in short order should they dare to support a “non-approved” position. I think at this point, they all want to know what is in Obama’s Database pertaining to them. Not if they are in it, but how many times are they listed.

As much as I personally would like to do otherwise, I must give the “Ballot Box” one more chance to preserve the liberties provided to me by the Constitution. I stand here on this tenuous Soap Box to express my opinion. But for how much longer before this “box” is denied me. The actions of the Bolsheviks today showed beyond doubt that I can no longer count on the “Jury Box” to protect me. If the “Rule of Law” cannot be used by a sitting Federal Judge, what chance do I have to use it in my defense?
    So when I cast my ballot in November, my “Cartridge Box” will be close at hand.

7. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Wonderful story about a missing border collie being reunited with his owner.
    ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY (WDBJ7) Tim Lepard loves his dogs. They’re not only his pets, they’re his livelihood, traveling the country with his Ghost Riders show.

He has them all chipped, and keeps the documentation carefully.

Which is how we come to one magic moment: when Jed the Border Collie and Tim were reunited.

Tim hadn’t seen him for two years.

“It’s like, do you believe in miracles?” he asked after a lot of hugging and petting.

They lost him at a Rockbridge truck stop on the way to a show, and he spent two years with a local woman before slipping away again.

“We scan for microchips with every animal that comes in,” says Rockbridge SPCA Executive Director Tara Rhodi. “So we did that and we found that there was another name associated with the microchip. So we called the man in Mississippi and he said he has been missing his dog for about two years.”

“Every time I come through here, we’ve been back seven times, we’d go to that truck stop and look around,” Lepard says before being interrupted by Jed demanding more attention. Jed missed Tim too.

“I said he’s not gone,” Lepard told Rodi as he signed the final paperwork. “He’s not gone.”

“No, he’s not,” she answered.

“And I never did give up,” he said.

Jed’s two year adventure is over, and he’s back with the family.