Earlier today President Donald Trump delivered remarks at the 15 member U.N. Security Council meeting.  President Trump chaired the committee session.

[Transcript] United Nations – 10:21 A.M. EDT – PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you very much. The 8,362nd meeting of the Security Council is called to order.

The agenda for this meeting is: “Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Non-proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction.”

The agenda is hereby adopted.

I am honoured to be here today to chair this meeting of the United Nations Security Council. It is also my privilege to welcome the distinguished Heads of State, Heads of Government, Ministers, and other leaders and representatives here with us. Thank you.
I also wish to warmly welcome Secretary General António Guterres for joining us. Thank you very much, Mr. Secretary General.

The Security Council will now consider Item Two of the agenda. I will make a statement in my capacity as the President of the United States of America:

It is a great honor to be here today at this U.N. Security Council briefing to discuss a matter of urgent importance concerning and countering the proliferation of deadly chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them.

The nations of the world have long recognized that certain weapons are so dangerous, and can inflict so much suffering, that all of us have a vital interest in preventing their further development, spread, and use.
Since my inauguration, the United States has taken bold action to confront these sinister threats.

Many of us are rightly focused on the dangers of nuclear weapons, but we must never forget the risk posed by biological and chemical weapons.

The United States was one of the first nations to unilaterally renounce the use of biological weapons, and since World War I, we have led international efforts against the scourge of chemical warfare.
Most recently, in Syria, we have twice imposed severe consequences on the Assad regime for using chemical weapons against innocent civilians. I want to thank Prime Minister May and President Macron for their countries’ close partnership in those efforts last April.

The Syrian regime’s butchery is enabled by Russia and Iran. The Iranian regime exports violence, terror, and turmoil. It illicitly procures sensitive items to advance its ballistic missile program and proliferates these missiles all across the Middle East.

The regime is the world’s leading sponsor of terror and fuels conflict across the region and far beyond. A regime with this track record must never be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon.

For this reason, I announced earlier this year that the United States would withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.

This horrible, one-sided deal allowed Iran to continue its path towards a bomb and gave the regime a cash lifeline when they needed it the most. They were in big, big trouble. They needed cash. We gave it to them.

In the years since the deal was signed, Iran’s aggression only increased. The regime used new funds from the deal to support terrorism, build nuclear-capable missiles, and foment chaos.

Following America’s withdrawal, the United States began re-imposing nuclear-related sanctions on Iran. All U.S. nuclear-related sanctions will be in full force by early November. They will be in full force.

After that, the United States will pursue additional sanctions, tougher than ever before, to counter the entire range of Iran’s malign conduct. Any individual or entity who fails to comply with these sanctions will face severe consequences.

I ask all members of the Security Council to work with the United States to ensure the Iranian regime changes its behavior and never acquires a nuclear bomb.

With all of this said, I want to thank Iran, Russia, and Syria for — at my very strong urging and request — substantially slowing down their attack on Idlib Province and the 3 million people who live there in order to get 35,000 targeted terrorists. Get the terrorists, but I hope the restraint continues. The world is watching.

Thank you also to Turkey for helping to negotiate restraint. Anything the USA can do to help resolve this problem in order to save perhaps even hundreds of thousands of lives, maybe more, we are willing and able. We are available to help.

In my remarks yesterday to the United Nations General Assembly, I laid out my administration’s commitment to building a more just and peaceful future.

As I also mentioned yesterday, we have seen the results of historic efforts to open new pathways to peace on the North Korean Peninsula — on the Korean Peninsula. And that’s something we are extremely proud of.

I am pleased to say that North Korea has not conducted a missile test since last November. It has not conducted a nuclear test since last September. And the hostages have been returned to us. And very importantly, the remains of American heroes are now returning home.

In June, I held a historic summit with Chairman Kim Jong Un in Singapore, where he reaffirmed his commitment to complete denuclearization. Last week, Chairman Kim reiterated that commitment to President Moon at their third summit, and to me in a very strong letter form.

I think we will make a deal. But unfortunately, to ensure this progress continues, we must enforce existing U.N. Security Council resolutions until denuclearization occurs.

However, we have detected that some nations are already violating these U.N. sanctions. This includes illegal ship-to-ship transfers, which must end immediately. The safety of the Korean Peninsula, the region, and the world, depends on full compliance with U.N. Security Council resolutions. Very, very important.

But most importantly, I believe that Chairman Kim Jong Un, a man I have gotten to know and like, wants peace and prosperity for North Korea. Many things are happening behind the scenes — away from the media, which nobody knows — but they are happening nevertheless and they are happening in a very positive way. So I think you will have some very good news coming from North Korea in the coming months and years.

I also very much appreciate what President Moon of South Korea had to say about me last night in television interviews. Working with President Moon has been my great honor. And likewise, working with President Xi of China and Prime Minister Abe of Japan has been a pleasure and an honor.

Each of us follows in the footsteps of countless world leaders, diplomats, and public servants who came here to the United Nations with the same noble goal: to build a future worthy of the patriots — true, true patriots — who sacrificed their lives for our nation and for our future.

To be successful, we need a commitment of every nation represented in this chamber. Acting together, we can replace the horrors of war with the blessings of safety and the beautiful promise of peace.

Thank you very much.

I now resume my function as president of the Security Council and give the floor to the President of France.

END – 10:32 A.M. EDT

This entry was posted in President Trump, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to President Trump Chairs U.N. Security Council Meeting – Statement and Transcript…

1. USTerminator says:

It is hammer time. Take no prisoner. All our enemies are on notice

• Phil Free says:

HAMMER TIME!

(and to be technically quibbily about the above pic, Trump _can_ pick up Thor’s Mjolnir, for what is inscribed on the side of the hammer — “Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor” — and.. President Trump is worthy. Boom! 😃)

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm. I smell SANCTIONS. Delicious SANCTIONS!

It’s almost like BACON!

“Regrettably, we found that China has been attempting to interfere in our upcoming 2018 election coming up in November against my administration. They do not want me, or us, to win because I am the first President ever to challenge China on trade. And we are winning on trade. We are winning at every level. We don’t want them to meddle or interfere in our upcoming election.”

This is gonna be awesome. I KNEW he put that stuff into place at the last minute, when plans to influence the election could not be pulled back. BOOM!

“XI-TERS NEVER WIN!”

• WhereEaglesDare says:

I really enjoy seeing Our President calling out china!! Just like the liberals, they are gnawing at Our way of life.

• USTerminator says:

China is shocked time after time being confront by PDJT. China CCP leadership was assured themselves that nobody would have courage to stand up to them let alone publicly in the UNSC. PT shocks everyone, friend or foe, to be brunt and direct without suger coated when addresses China’s mischievous. I expect the cold war level between Sino-US relation will be inevitable. $267B tariff on China products is on deck. I would normally think hot war between China and US is off the table but now I must reassess and think the hot military incident in South China Sea or East China Sea prospect just increase few folds. Just hope that our USN is ready for any contingency.

2. scrap1ron says:

They are really missing “Lead from Behind” Barry.

3. MVW says:

China election meddling is a huge, massive statement by POTUS. Dianne Feinstein needs to answer for her huge security breach as well as her huge windfalls in cash to her bank accounts that owe to her business dealings in China (coincidence? I think not).

• railer says:

That video of the Chinese delegate sitting at the table was priceless. Those guys hate that sort of spotlight, and he was fidgeting and shrugging. I’m sure those Trump statements were very carefully considered beforehand, but boy he lowered the boom on them, in just a couple sentences. I’m glad Xi wasn’t there, or else Trump likely couldn’t have been so pointed. Now that I think of it, Xi and Trump may have worked that out beforehand too, he stays away so Trump can embarrass other factions in the CPC.

4. FL_GUY says:

President Trump is the BOSS telling ’em like it IS!

Under President Trump, the USA is in the hands of a great man who loves We the People of the United States. President Trump constantly tells us without We the People, there would be no United States of America. President Trump is giving this message to the rest of the world and letting them know that the world NEEDS a strong USA and he intends to have a strong USA.

5. SundanceFan says:

Interesting tidbits:
    1) China trying to interfere in our elections (how?…who are they financing-Feinstein?).
    2) NK progress behind the scenes (towards reunification?…something that must be kept private).
    3) Ship-to-Ship transfers (of what and in which direction?).

• jmclever says:

China financing certain congressional campaigns through US CoC Tom Donahue. Ship to ship xfers of fuel.
      China secretly holding NoKo hostage and using them as leverage against the whole world more or less but mostly America and Allies

Sundance had lots of backstory on those topics. Just use the search bar on the front page

• Dutchman says:

And POTUS, in openly stating China is interfereing in our elections, is beginning the process of rising together what he’s doing with trade, with the whole soft coup, and REAL reason for ‘ the resistance’.
        Sundance has done a GREAT job of laying this out, both the ‘granular details’, and the ‘30,000 foot view’, but for those who have only focused on the political games in d.c., and haven’t read Sundance EXCELLENT articles on trade,and China:
        Do yourself a favor! Search “exfiltration of wealth” on this site, and READ. To get all caught up in the latest DJT tweetstorm, or KAVANAUGH accusation, without understanding the WHY behind the ‘resistance’, is restricting yourself to much less than 1/2 the story.

6. Cheesehead54016 says:

POTUS press conference at 5:00pm Eastern. 1st since taking office….

7. thedoc00 says:

Interesting that CNN spent allot of time complaining about the president no being hard on our enemies. Yet, during the same period (the 2 weeks) he spent hammering China and Russia, CNN has news team in China and Russia doing street interviews with “the man and woman” on the street to get their opinion of the evil President Trump.

8. Manufacturers and Importers who have ENTANGLED their SUPPLY CHAINS in China’s economy had better be racing to extricate themselves.
    • E.O. Sanctions coming for China’s “Interference with the 2018 Elections”
    • E.O. Sanctions coming for China’s “Continued Spying and Theft of Defense Secrets”
    • IP Theft Sanctions ratcheting up as China continues its Kleptocrat ways
    • Auto Tariffs on the way, etc.

9. Simba says:

A MOAB speech

10. jmclever says:

President Trump calls out China for interfering in our mid term election. Camera cuts to Chinese ambassador with sour look on his face.

Priceless
    😂😂😂

11. GB Bari says:

Our President does not mince words, yet the speech was polite but professional and unambiguous in what PDJT proposes and expects of the nations in the UNSC. No flowery BS, just facts and tasks.

Chairman of the Board.

12. IMO says:

Eventually by the time President Trump finish his second term communist (free loader) china’s GDP will be behind canada.

One can dream.

13. drdeb says:

I am grateful to The Conservative Tree house as a source of the positive things accomplished by President Trump. You are one of the few sources that provides this information to we the deplorables. God Bless You, Sundance for all you do for patriotism! Love, Deb

14. railer says:

I actually like that Trump thanked Iran and Turkey for their help in certain matters, as well as China and North Korea. This is classic Trump. He’s fair.

15. Paul B. says:

Magnificent statement, again. Really nails it. Steven Miller, I presume; fantastic job.
    We are blessed to have Trump’s leadership. Our prayers matter.

16. dogsmaw says: