September 22nd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #611

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2,046 Responses to September 22nd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #611

1. Bogeyfree says:

What if the pause wasn’t for leverage but a way to capture their king?

What if PT instead of going for check, he now sees a faster path to checkmate?

I think Bongino is on to something.

2. joeknuckles says:

Nobody, repeat NOBODY, believes Ballsy Ford. The 25-30% that claim they do are only saying that because it’s their party’s official position.

• Kris says:

Senate Republicans caved on Russia hoax. Senate Republicans caved on Obamacare. Senate Republicans caved on Immigration and border wall. Those are just the big ones. Going by track record of this primarily Anti Trump Senate Republicans will they cave on Kavanaugh?

• Bogeyfree says:

There is one common denominator in your post….

Republican

It is time to start the MAGA Party and whitewash the word Republican from the face of the Earth.

In 2020 it is MAGA vs Socialist

Republican and Democrat are dying breeds

• singular says:

Bo, I’d rather take it over, because I like Republicanism and think constitutional republic needs to be taught and emphasized. The old republican guard is a dying breed. Eventually it can be made extinct. MAGA.

• Ken Lawson says:

singular – Your point is excellent. And another point to add to yours is that it takes a very long time to build a party that can win on a national level. Takeover of the GOP makes more sense. The communists (and that’s all the socialists are and we should call them by what they are) took over the Democrat Party so that proves it can be done.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

“Bo, I’d rather take it over, because I like Republicanism and think constitutional republic needs to be taught and emphasized.”

“And another point to add to yours is that it takes a very long time to build a party that can win on a national level. Takeover of the GOP makes more sense.”

Right, singular and Ken.

Take it over and simply rename it MAGA Republican Party.

• billrla says:

singular: The DNC is threatened by President Trump. They know. We know they know it. I have had it with the DNC.

• Hun Driver Widow says:

Your sentiments match mine. I no longer say I’m a Republican. I identify myself as a Conservative and a Deplorable. The GOP has no gonads, no spine, no guts, and limited brain cells functioning. The GOP fools can’t figure out how to stay on offense with the exception of Jim Jordan, Gavin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Rand Paul, and a handful of others. The GOP is comfortable being on defense and cowering. It’s disgusting. Thank God for President Trump, General Mattis, Mike Pompeo and a handful of others in the Trump Administration.

• gustafus21 says:

I agree. I hate the GOP. I didn’t vote for a Bush or Clinton. During those years I voted Perot, Perot, Buchanan. I will never forget the internal combustion at Free Republic when the revolt over Georgie the Cheerleader went viral – I was banned and never returned.

I can’t repeat my fantasies for Peggy Noonan. Bill Kristol and George Will. [ I was really into visuals back then, when there was no hope for conservatism, but for McWormfood, Romney et al. Hint – it required sharp instruments, cuffs and horny, eager apex predators named Bravon and Dushelle…..

Then in 2008, I was gang raped [once] by the Citicorp packaging division of Yes We Can – because I, like so many suburban housewives bought into the 3 hankie “black boy done good” and “post racial America”…..

I will never forget the day My Donald stepped on that escalator with his elegant daughter.

I actually LOVE my president. I fawn over him. I write to him, and caution him to get some sleep. I don’t know how he gets up every day and faces the reprobates in his own party – let alone the malevolence of the left.

I never thought I would live long enough to be enamored by a President. I love him. I love his children, his wife, and my extended MAGA family. For all our faults, we are a family

• I hate the GOP, too. I was a lifelong Dem until the mid-80’s when all of this stuff started with special interest groups being more important than the individual..causes supersede the rights of the individual. I changed my registration to unaffiliated and remain that. But I stopped voting Dem over 10 years ago and have voted straight GOP since. I will continue voting GOP because POTUS needs us right now, but my disgust for the current Republicans is beyond words. I did just call Grassley and leave a message…wonder about calling Flake…

• Just called Flake…here is his office phone number…I am so angry with him I had to really restrain myself…so..P: 202-224-4521

• Hun Driver Widow says:

I think the WalkAway movement is much larger than we know. I have never voted DemocRAT in the 53 years I’ve voted. Note that many RATs aren’t identifying their Party affiliation in ads. What does that tell you? DemocRAT is synonymous with corrupt, amoral, self-serving Marxist traitor.

• InAz says:

@ Hun Driver Widow

I am with you. I say I am Conservative. I also try very hard to educate other people who are Conservative, Independent, abd lean Conservative that the GOP is working with the commie Dems and make up the Uniparty.

Many do not believe it. I know one “Conservative” who voted for President Trump only because Obama’s legacy would be taken apart. This person loves Romney….Gag!

• Sy_N_Tist says:

I tell people that I am aTrumpist.

• Zabadak says:

I use to return their questionnaires (ie looking for $). I would write that I was sick and tired of their gutless, cowering, and spineless behavior. Told them to stop sending me their garbage because it meant nothing to them except getting a contribution and then they would do what they always do after an election. Changed my affiliation from Republican to Independent. That was 10 years ago. Nothing has changed. Bunch of gutless wonders even though they have all three branches. They have never wanted to lead. Rather complain. Spit. How many times have my wife, our two sons and myself had to hold our breaths when we cast votes because of the lesser evil. Spit again!

• America First says:

They also caved on the budget.

• paulraven1 says:

Also Planned Parenthood.

• gustafus21 says:

This is a subject that gets me into trouble with conservatives. Planned Parenthood is doing us a service. I don’t care a whit how many urban babies are sucked up. Sorry, but plain language is necessary.

It’s just like SAVE THE CHILDREN….. right… just what we need more of.

This is war for the fate of Western Civilization. We need less of them and more of us. I am out of cheeks to proffer to my blood enemies. My kids and grand kids are at stake.

If the left wants to convince its minions to abort their future army … LET THEM. I’ll pay.

• TPW says:

Abortion is a heartbreaking thing….. first for the woman that decides to and for our society as a whole. I noticed no one else wants to touch this…..I understand …..most here are very pro life. I agree it is not an ideal situation for the mother or the child if unwanted but adoption is an alternative. As a mostly Christian Society we should help support the Mother until the Baby is adopted. Would much rather tax dollars go for that then planned parenthood. Having said all of that my solution to unwanted pregnancy is very un PC. I would offer to do free tubal L. With an upfront payment of $20000 to women who don’t want pregnancies. I know sounds crazy but I believe many who should never have children would sign up. Harsh sounding but much more humane than abortion and would save tax payers the burden of an unwanted child from cradle to grave. A sad fact,many women are not responsible enough to practice birth control …

• Dixie Sugarbaker says:

It is only a few that are caving – the majority of Repubs are standing firm. What we need are more Rs so the weak ones’ votes don’t matter.

• gustafus21 says:

We support the George Will contingent to save our Donald… then, when he drags the reprobates back into office by only the force of his personality and goodness… we begin to primary the entire GOP swamp.

It’s the price we pay to rout the party and replace it with Trumpets.

• oldschool says:

Dixie I will vote R because of PDJT, but I have no expectations of them being any better than those that are there. I learned that lesson with Tea Party reps. Rubio, Nikki, Sasse, Lee and so many others flipped within months. The good ones like Bachman and Allen West were driven out. IMO, even with a red wave, Trump will have massive resistance, but I will give him what he asks for and hope for the best.

• Ken Lawson says:

Kris – I don’t think they cave, but rather I think they showed their true colors. They never supported anything to do with the president’s agenda. The only reason they supported any of it was fear of losing reelection. But they are the other half of the UniParty that the Democrats are part of and that Sundance has written about over and over again.

• David A says:

True colours, yes the Donald is a political centrifuge; throw in a politician, and there true colours come out.

• gustafus21 says:

What I’ve learned about politicians is that they have a specific skill set – glad handing, networking, and public speaking… ADD PLAID GOLF PANTS when Republican.

Add academic gender confused bob haircut for white female Democrats. Limp wrist black face for he/it division. And low rent amazon momma’s for the up and comers.

The only way to stop this is to partner with Libertarians to empty the halls of ABC agencies… and bend to some of their social ideas. That is a winning coalition.

The rest of the pack need neutering .

• WVNed says:

Just stopped my periodic donation

Let’s see if they figure it out

• yy4u says:

50/50 on caving on Kavanaugh. Republicans are like abused wives (the media are the abusers). They desperately want to do something so the abuser doesn’t beat them up. So they cave.

They will never change but the time to dump them is not now. The time to dump them is when President Trump is out of office. THEN we can stay home or vote Third Party or sit on our hands to send them a message. Until then, they have us by the throat just like the media has them by the throat.

Kavanaugh should, if defeated or forced to withdraw, immediately launch a defamation of character lawsuit against Christine Ford AND look into what legal action he can take against the Washington Post if the charges against him, printed in the newspaper, turn out to be false.

I think the reason Ford won’t give an exact date of the party is she is lying and if she gives an exact date, Judge Kavanaugh may be able to prove he was not even in MD on that date.

Remember the Duke Lacrosse charges? Those boys would have been convicted had not one of them been at an ATM at the exact time the woman claimed she was raped. This unraveled the whole case and it fell apart. But for that, they’d have been convicted and probably jailed. Duke University’s president and professors took full page ads out against these boys, taking the woman’s word against their own students. This enraged my husband, a Duke graduate.

My guess is being a wealthy kid,if this took place in the summer, seventeen year old Kavanaugh may well have been in Europe (a lot of wealthy kids go to Europe in the summer) or at the beach or at his grandmother’s (where did she live?) or even waiting tables at a Beach as some of my friends did during HS. He could even have been in the hospital, or at an ATM (as was the Duke student) or home ill or even just home with his parents. Without a fixed date, he can’t prove he wasn’t there. THAT is why she doesn’t remember. She knows he wasn’t there, didn’t do it, and wants to be sure he can’t prove it.

• Kenji says:

I like your guess … the Democraps are behaving scared shitless that Kavanaugh holds a NUCLEAR option that will utterly DESTROY this tired old Democrap tactic. I believe they are working overtime trying to suss-out what that potential MOAB might be. Hence the time delays. Hence the pussyfooting (poor choice of words).

• Ken Lawson says:

Interesting thoughts you’ve shared. The idea that Kavanaugh may be able to prove he wasn’t in Maryland on that date are probably pretty unlikely since he was in high school and not too many high schoolers travel a lot other than on family vacations (at least in those days they didn’t. What’s been said about the alleged event gives the impression was that it was during the school year, so that’s why I’m doubtful about the idea of some distant vacation being possible. But the bottom line is that there is no way they can prove it either way. Ford could be 100% truthful but there’s no evidence either way, even though the left believes that when in doubt always trust the leftist woman and convict the white conservative man. If Kavanaugh is confirmed to SCOTUS this will be to him exactly what the Anita Hill fiasco has been to Clarence Thomas. And if that happens, I can only hope that Kavanaugh handles it as well as Thomas has.

• Sentient says:

There are a few things they – especially McConnell – stand firm on: judges and opposition to limits on free speech (aka “campaign finance laws”). I’m on – I think – the opposite side of Sundance regarding Citizens United. I believe it was correctly decided. If you can censor corporations from expressing their opinions (which takes money) how could that not apply to corporations that are in the business of speech: publishing companies, media companies, Michael Moore’s Dog Eat Dog Films, Inc., Citizens United, Inc. (producers of Hillary the Movie), Dinesh D’Souza’s corporation – which produces political speech? This is what Anthony Kennedy asked during the case. IMO there’s no qualitative difference between Amazon donating money to fund a political ad and Bezos just buying the Washington Post to BE a political ad. We can’t give the press (media corporations) free reign to make in-kind political contributions and prevent other corporations from arguing their cases.

You could say the McConnell’s steadfast opposition to campaign finance restrictions and his support for conservative judges is self-serving – or serving the corporate interests that fund him – and you’d be right, but even if his motivation is 90% political self preservation and 10% principle, he wants Kavanaugh confirmed. The Machiavellian machinations it may take to get him on the court are what McConnell lives for. It’s why he wanted to be Majority Leader in the first place.

3. Trailhead says:

After waking up this morning and reading about the new deadline that Grassley caved on, I changed parties. Come Nov. 6th I will vote R across the board but I needed to send some kind of message to the GOP. Now, after 40 years being a Republican I am ‘Officially’ ‘Unaffiliated’.
    Thought I’d feel a lot better afterwards…maybe a shower will help.

• va paver says:

That’s why we are in the predicament that we’re in.Not voting or voting democrat is not an option.

• Kris says:

Breakings News: Senate Republicans are second row Trombone players in the Chuck Schumer orchestra.
      Chuck Schumer once said Intelligence Agencies will destroy Trump six ways to Sunday. Now threatening Trump on firing Rosentein.
      Republicans losing badly.

• yy4u says:

So Grassley knows he’s second row trombone? What took him so long? Everyone here knows even when the Democrats lose, they win. That’s because at least 1/3 of the Republican politicians are secret Democrats and the other 2/3 are scared to death of the media.

• Ken Lawson says:

I like your comment but I disagree about how many Republicans are secret Democrats. I think the numbers are much higher than you state. The vast majority of Republicans in office in Washington are on the Democrat’s side.

• Shelley Keith Childs says:

Yup I hear you, did that some years ago for the same reason.

• gustafus21 says:

Wrong message. We need to vote the GOP reprobates back into office… but if you change your affiliation we can’t primary them to clean house.

How do we rid ourselves of Peggy Noonan’s droning, or George Will’s whining, if we don’t control the GOP at the local level.

I hate em too… Utah should be ashamed of itself for proffering Romney into the mix.

But this is Donald’s long term strategy…. he owns the party after November…. the rallies are getting bigger and better… and for every vanilla goper he helps… we draw the noose tighter around Jonah Goldberg’s neck …. great visual, no?

• Not Ideal says:

Imagine how Kavanugh feels.

We all know he’s GOPe through and through. He’s got all the right credentials. He played all the right establishment games. He probably attended multiple National Review cruises.

In the end, his establishment friends won’t fight for him. The establishment always turns on each other

MAGA always supports MAGA.

• DanO64 says:

NYT + Ali Watkins+ FISA 82 pics = BS

• thedoc00 says:

Time for Jeff Sessions to show if he is in charge. The DOJ and FBI have an HR unit that handles this kind of issue, the same ones who fired McCabe, Strozk, et al. The course of action is for Sessions to put them on the case to do an investigation and President remains on the outside monitoring folks who work for him.

• Ken Lawson says:

You’re right that that’s what should happen and we’ll all wait to see what actually does happen. My question is whether Pence could step in. He’s #2 in the Executive Branch and so I would think he’d have authority over the DOJ, too. And he would somewhat insulate the president if Sessions fails and he steps in. Just a thought but I’d be curious what people think about it.

• gustafus21 says:

Where the hell is Pence anyway…?? Maybe the day to day drama is sucking all the air out of the VP’s office…. but he seems more impotent than Sessions.
          At least Sessions is dumping em back in the Rio Grande and torturing bad parents who sent their brood across the river unattended. And NOBODY has cleaned up the pedophile networks like Sessions.

He may be over performing to save his reputation. Hey, anything that works.

• davidb says:

@ Docoo………..forget sessions…….just a empty desk.

4. nimrodman says:

Gotta love Stephen Miller.

Drawing a blank on Mattis and Pompeo’s advice to Pres on this, though. Thankfully, Pres ignored and made the right choice in the end.

Report: Nikki Haley Excluded from Refugee Reduction Meeting for Pro-Immigration Views

… President Trump’s senior adviser Stephen Miller set up a meeting to discuss where the administration would set the refugee resettlement cap for next year. Ultimately, as Breitbart News reported, Trump reduced the refugee cap to 30,000 total admissions, which is solely a cap, not a target for the administration to reach.

Haley, the sources said, was specifically excluded from the meeting on the refugee resettlement program because of her known pro-immigration viewpoints. Defense Secretary James Mattis and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo argued against reducing the inflow of refugees, despite Trump’s long-held promise to cut immigration to the country.

While visiting India in July, Haley said America was founded as a “nation of immigrants” with “multiple cultures” and “multiple populations,” calling the multicultural worldview the “fabric of America.”

• The Boss says:

Screw multi-culti and diversity training. How about “Assimilation Training”?

• Paprika says:

Absolutely agree! It use to be called ‘guidelines for attaining citizenship”.

• Zabadak says:

It’s because of multi-culturalism that we find ourselves we were are. Sick of seeing instructions in different languages that make the print so small that I need to walk around with a magnifying glass. Not to mention Spanish is everywhere. Press 1 for English. Another disastrous experiment like the new math or doing away with phonics. Agree with The Boss. How about “assimilation training”?

• singular says:

Nimrod, I despise multi-culti. My family were mostly Not immegrants, they were settlers in this land in earlier days. I like the books by Samuel Huntington like Who Are We?. People who came here used to want to assimilate. Sick of the multi-culti narrative.

• wheatietoo says:

Just when I was starting to think that Niki Haley had changed for the better…I am reminded of why I didn’t like her.

I guess she’s hopelessly embracing that ‘multicultural’ bullsh-t.

Good to know.
      Keep it up, Niki…and you’ll get changed like a flat tire.

And I love Stephen Miller!

• Texecutioner says:

I see Haley as a tool. A good tool, when used correctly and with careful supervision, can be highly effective, but in the wrong hands it can be harmful and do considerable damage.

• rashomon says:

Haley was “elevated” from her position as governor of SC, where she was doing great damage by destroying the culture and heritage of the state, to a position in the U.N. where she could, if minding her manners, serve with distinction. As you say, Tex, one misstep and she’s gone.

One of my personal concerns about naturalized citizens running for state and federal offices is their lack of historical perspective on exactly what makes America different from other nations. It is not simply another (example) India with better job opportunities or better benefits, but an attitude about the sacrifices made by our forefathers to set forth a nation based on individual rights and rule of law. “The government shall not…” is a very purposeful use of sentence structure. We are a government OF and BY We the People.

You don’t destroy books, flags, religious symbols and statues simply because YOU don’t understand why they are cultural symbols of the many battles fought for our nation. That is what totalitarians – be they monarchies, oligarchies, Nazis, Fascists, Communists, Islamists or Corporatists — do, not Americans.

• graphiclucidity says:

As a citizen of South Carolina I can assure you that Nikki Haley did not do great damage to the culture and heritage of our state.

She ordered one flag removed from a flagpole on the Statehouse grounds, after a demented racist shot and killed nine black people in a church and photos surfaced of him displaying the Confederate battle flag.

That flag was there as a compromise in order to remove it from flying above the Statehouse along with the state flag, and the Stars and Stripes.

South Carolinians had a debate for a decade or more on the Confederate flag, after boycotts over the issue began to hurt the state’s tourism industry.

It’s over now, done. The majority of citizens do not care about that missing flag.
            Only diehard racist agitators talk about it now.

• Zabadak says:

She is great at the UN. Didn’t know about the multiculturalism attachment.

• Esperanza says:

That is false. America was founded on the assimilation, melting pot view.

Assimilation works, multi culturalism doesn’t.

• David A says:

Yes, in that both are possible, providing the exclusion of any culture that advocates central rule – religious rule – inequality –
        let alone the violent aspects of legalised murder, rape and FGM.

In other words we can accommodate any culture harmonious with the constitutional principles of individual liberty, government as a limited ” necessary evil” freedom of religion, protection of individuals from all GROUP power, be it religious, political, or corporate.

What needs to melt is the ideal of power over others, the true root of evil.

• thedoc00 says:

No the president did not promise to “cut legal immigration”. He promised to cut refugee as well as illegal immigrant intake and was in favor of “smart” intake of immigrants who would help the nation grow. Big difference between the two messages.

• WSB says:

America was NOT founded as a nation of Immigrants but a nation of pilgrims set to practice their religion outside the theocracy they left, and free trading companies seeking new opportunities.

• Ken Lawson says:

Haley, like anyone who agrees with her, is wrong about America being founded as a nation of immigrants. It was founded as a nation of rebels. We were Britain and rebelled and broke away to form a new country. We were not an empty land where a bunch of immigrants showed up and banded together and then decided to attack Britain. The lack of historical understanding is astounding!

• billrla says:

Ken: Our educational system ensures that the little proleterians-in-training learn nothing about America’s founding history. The new curriculum defines Barack Obama as the founder of America.

5. daughnworks247 says:

The Anon kids are so clever. This is priceless.

• Blind no longer says:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

• InAz says:

I’m seriously considering signing up on totalitarian Twitter so I can send this to Grassley and send him the photo of Growacet. And tell him to be a man instead of letting the commies control him

• Ken Lawson says:

It’s probably a waste of time. Chances are he doesn’t read every tweet addressed to him. Better chance to reach him if you send him a snail mail letter, especially via express delivery. I know many will disagree because they believe in social media, but I don’t think that older politicians are that plugged into it.

• whoseyore says:

LOL! I had the same thought earlier today about something else, but I have still been able to resist. Perhaps a brother or sister from the Tree House will send it to Grassley for you and all of us non-Tweeters?

• Send it through his contact page email. Snail mail does not get to them for weeks…has to go through all kinds of filtering to insure nothing dangerous in envelope.

6. ParteaGirl says:

On the lighter side, this is simply adorable! 😍

• DanO64 says:

^^This is why we vote^^

• boogywstew says:

Yuck

• gustafus21 says:

Yuk? … who could look at them and not smile? …. wow, just wow

• boogywstew says:

Dressing up and posing a little girl with makeup to look like a seductive woman is repulsive to me. My youngest daughter was molested at a day care so maybe it’s just me?

• gustafus21 says:

Yes, it is just you. What a tragedy that molestation can so destroy your perspective that you spread your grief with that kind of malice. I am blessed that my family has never endured tragedy.

Rather than join the “OFF MY LAWN” contingent of the bereaved, I say get some therapy.

• boogywstew says:

Now that I read your answer … I wouldn’t let you near my grandchildren.

• LouisianaTeaRose says:

Wow Gus. So this morning I noticed that you actually advocated for abortion of children who don’t ever decide whose womb they occupy, and then you submitted some smackdown to a fellow Treeper who demonstrated a concern about the most vulnerable amongst us…our children, and mislabeled that as malice. I’ll wager that there are more than a few here who may have some concerns about YOU. Backatcha, Gus.

• whoseyore says:

I almost commented on Gus’s abortion tirade earlier and decided not to go there. I pray that Gus’s eyes would be opened to the preciousness of our children whom Jesus loves dearly.

• wheatietoo says:

Boogywstew…the little girl is dressed up to look like our First Lady Melania.

Her outfit is like the one that Melania wore on Inauguration Day.
            And the little boy is probably meant to look like Pres Trump.

• whoseyore says:

So sorry for you, Boogy. That has to have inflicted a deep wound that can be easily reopened. It matters not how long ago it happened. I cannot imagine something so horrible happening to my child. I will pray for both you and your daughter.
            God bless you both.

• boogywstew says:

When I was 18 years old I had a Catholic priest, Father Leo, in Fort Lauderdale, try to molest me, he groped me and I just stood up and walked out the door. My father’s side of the family flat out refused to believe me although all my friends absolutely believed me. I looked at that picture and I had to utter a small disapproval, For me it would have shown tacit approval to not say anything, so “Yuck” it was. Thank you for your kind response, you’re a Saint!

7. Publius2016 says:

this is all about Senate “collusion” with Deep State! these fools set the calendar…all of August wasted on purpose…

8. patrickhenrycensored says:

9. Apfelcobbler says:

Dems are afraid to put this lady on the stand for some reason – there’s something deeply flawed with her that would undermine her already weak worthless case. (Bipolar? Suicidal episode? Past indiscretions? Something they know they don’t want discovered. Maybe she’d crack under pressure – who knows – but something is wrong!!)

They have been stalling ever since her name got out on Sat. They don’t want to risk her appearing and realized it too late – stalling is all they got. But they are pretending she “wants to” take the stand. She won’t appear, but wants to pretend she’s being bullied, boohoo, etc, etc, etc until someone makes an error the Dems can pounce on – they’ll have demonstrations going within the week.

DiFi sat on this for months then desperately threw it out there. (By the way on CNN lawyer said Ford actually spoke to DiFi personally July 30 then she retained counsel and has been only in touch with DiFi staff ever since. DiFi trying to keep fingerprints off this as much as possible!)

Sounds like Dems told/promised lady anonymity then outed her (by accident or on purpose). Then they realized she’s too weak to put on the stand.

What Dems have already done is establish the Republican precedent of accommodating delay. Now it’s up to Grassley to hold the line. He’s no fool and has seen years of this demo . But Senators’ concerns are their re-election races… that’s what’s so maddening for us. I trust Grassley to not let the vote slip away. We are sooo close.

• Sporty says:

It is a stalling exercise plain and simple. Everything else is squirrells. Nothing but a stall that if works will hamstring the Pres for the rest of his tenure.

• Tseg says:

Obviously she is bat-poop crazy.

• Bogeyfree says:

I think she shows and she brings with her a second accuser.

• America First says:

Yesterday someone posted a tweet from her in early 2017 saying: “Someone should accuse Gorsuch of rape.” Must’ve overlooked that one while scrubbing her social media history.

• Doppler says:

Can someone link this?

• Doppler says:

I read somewhere, apologize that I have no links, that Kavanaugh was on Mitt Romney’s shortlist for SCOTUS during the 2012 election. If so, it would be plausible that Dem operatives would have begun searching for dirt on him then. Possible that activist Ford came forward then as one who knew Kavanaugh in high school. Possible that mentioning the incident for first time ever to hubby and marriage counselor in 2012 then grew out of “opposition research” effort to bolster a planned “claim” to submarine the nomination. If she also tweeted searching for Gorsuch rape accuser, that might help show a modus operandum, and be one reason the Dems are using her for postponement purposes only, why DiFi won’t release letter, and she will never go under oath on this claim.

• BebeTarget says:

“Under oath” means NOTHING to these people. She will say whatever she has to and the Dems will be given the ammunition to attack Kavanaugh . . . . . They will believe her because she is ‘under oath’, she is a woman and a victim. Kavanaught won’t have a chance against this kind of dishonest warfare.

• Lulu says:

They just need to make it to Thursday and the Democrats can secure the Court for a generation.

How? If they win the Senate – after the midterms, they will say no seating judges until the new Congress is sworn in and the GOP will agree.

They’ve already said they will not seat anymore judges at any level as long as Trump is President.

In 2020, they only need to win the WH or hold the Senate. So, they just wait until 2020 or 2024 and they will seat at least 4 SCOTUS justices.

Don’t think Collins. Flake, Murkowski don’t know this – they are working to help the Democrats take permanent control of the Court and as a result the country.

10. NJF says:

Hope all is ok.

11. wtd says:

Another thought — it’s unlikely that Rosenstein was just having a one-sided discussion about undermining the president. So what were McCabe and the others saying?

• Truthfilter says:

It’s obvious that the context of the heated exchange between McCabe and RR was all about Andy’s desperation in finding a way to remove POTUS Trump. Here’s what I assume was happening:

McCabe: We have to get him on something! If we don’t find a way to get rid of him, we’re all going down! You know it, I know it, everybody here knows it!

Rosenstien (sarcastically): What do you want me to do, Andy-wear an f-ing wire?

• thedoc00 says:

This is all the more reason for Sessions to set in motion the same DOJ unit that investigated as well as fired McCabe and others, to be engaged to investigate this incident. If true, Rosenstein gets a pass and the investigation reports strengthens the president’s case of DOJ/FBI coup attempt. The president has zero hand in the outcome.

• yy4u says:

Hummmm. In this Machiavellian time, perhaps Rod Rosenstein (I refuse to use RR because that is Ronald Reagan) can claim he was trying to smoke out the moles in the FBI and DOJ. Probably a lie, but maybe the little rat can be turned into an asset. I agree with Levin. They want him to fire Rosenstein so they can scream “Saturday Night Massacre” which is how they really got Nixon. Don’t bite. Turn him instead.

12. wtd says:

Draft Order for Trump Would Crack Down on Google, Facebook

bloomberg.com

• Bogeyfree says:

I figure it will take 12-18 months to work it’s way to the S.C. and hopefully by then PT will have his 3rd Justice on board providing a lot of 6-3 votes.

• Joseb says:

Big mistake. They’re going after this all wrong. Just create a private cause of action and let the class action attorneys rip them apart at no expense to taxpayers.

• ladypenquin says:

Twitter, Google, Jack, Facebook, Zuckerberg et al control almost the entire communications network in this country, and in the world. They are actually interfering with access to free speech. While the 1st Amendment was designed to keep the government from interfering with the right of the people to speak or associate, communication in the 21st century is via these venues, and as such they’re public airways. Public “airways” means the government actually has a vested interest in this.

• Ann Kenevan says:

So google, twitter and facebook who’s more like HITLER?
          “The radio will be to the twentieth century what the press was to the nineteenth”

-Josef Goebbels, 1933.

HITLERS RADIO VOLKSENPFAEGER, plays one station HITLER

• Plain Jane says:

That’s an interesting thought. Hmmm.

• ParteaGirl says:

I agree. Civil action is the way to go on this one.

• Doppler says:

Did you ever hear of a class action plaintiff’s lawyer who wasn’t a liberal Democrat? And who would have the resources to litigate an Antitrust case against $100B monopolists?

• rbrtsmth says:

The money will draw them. I’m sure they are working on it.

• Doppler says:

Not possible to privately fund antitrust litigation against a $100B monopolist. David Boies got his start defending IBM against the Justice Department. 6+ years and hundreds of the highest paid lawyers and paralegals in the land working 12/7/365 on document production, motions practice, etc., and eventually Reagan was elected and turned off the Antitrust Division, who threw in the towel.

Much easier today for the government to discover they’re conspiring with foreign entities, then capture everything they do in PRISM with FISA warrants, then target them with all the knowledge in the world. Last I looked, plaintiffs’ class action lawyers don’t have access to PRISM.

• whoseyore says:

That is great! Let’s go after the Main Street Media next!
      Winning!

13. JasonD says:

There seems to be a lot of emoting on the various branches these days. I was guilty of this several days back when I was bemoaning the fact that Kavanaugh’s fate was in the hands of Flake et al. I have since decided to step back from commenting if I could not add anything of value, but am still lurking. Just wanted to add, that outside of the Kavanaugh situation, that POTUS seems pretty confident with the state of play, so I am taking my cue from that. I am not worried about POTUS, and believe (based on his demeanour) that he “has got this”. If the Kavanaugh situation goes “tits up”, this will be remedied after the mid terms cause YOU ARE ALL GOING TO VOTE TO MAGA 🙂

• yy4u says:

I agree JasonD. If they get Kavanaugh, it will enrage the Evangelicals, the Conservatives, the Constitutionists, general Republicans who hate their party, Country Club Republicans who hated Trump but hated Hillary more. (I am friends with one). Any woman with the IQ of a turnip will wonder what happens to their husbands, sons, brothers, nephews if this feminazi mob is allowed to target any male they don’t like or disagree with.

• Koot Katmando says:

I think it is the other way around. If the R cave on this many will be so disgusted they will stay home and not vote. That is the D goal and plan to win the senate.

• thedoc00 says:

The key is “who” is disgusted and not voting. It will not be the republicans or the president’s base, it will be independents and moderates who favor President Trump and are pissed at his Republican non-supporting cast. Those are the people thinking WTF at this point in time.

“Republicans” are pretty much outnumbered in raw count by Democrats, its the middle ground independents and some moderate democrats who make up the difference.

• rbrtsmth says:

I call those people idiots. None of this was ever going to be easy. For the most part, for us watching, it has been. Sitting out is probably the dumbest thing a person can do now that they know even better what lies behind all the corruption and with the left craving another chance to be at the helm.

14. Trailhead says:

The Republicans asked for a Corvette (House, Senate and WH) and we gave it to them.
    They drive it like Mr. Magoo, in a Yugo.

15. rustybritches says:

She has been trying to keep delaying and the Dems are helping her so that as of next Thrusday the vote for the judge will be void and done, There are senate rules and they are stalling to keep that going until then.. nothing rock science about this, just more bull crap by the dems and they are getting their way, Grassley has shown to be weak and in affective to this point He has allowed this to happen There is a lot wrong with this women and the first thing is that The dems are trying to make this out to be much worse than it was and we need to start a campaign to bring Ellison to justice for the lady he abused and brown too should not get another chance to be in the Gov..

There is a report out that says she has written and co authored several papers that has to do with
    Abortion and that’s the bottom line here The Dems would have found a way to stop anyone who
    will be of help to President Trump But the one thing they keep missing is that this is going to hurt them more than the Republicans because sooner or later this Is going to back fire on them and

how sad that the republicans are not standing up and fighting for the judge
    Oh yes, I listened to the Debate between Cruz and Orourke and what a joke that guy is.,
    He has his talking points down real well, but when it comes be bringing anything real to the table that guy is totally lost, and the paid screamers that was there was a real joke too.. shame on soros
    He cant stay out of nothing and its time for President Trump to deport that guy out of our country just like Hungary did, Russia has a warrant out for his arrest but some reason American wont hand him over . Sad.

16. Dora says:

White House Drafts Order To Look Into Google, Facebook Practices

The White House has drafted an executive order for President Donald Trump’s signature that would instruct federal antitrust and law enforcement agencies to open investigations into the business practices of Alphabet Inc.’s Google, Facebook Inc. and other social media companies.

17. That’d because you are Chuck.

18. Bubby says:

Not surprised one bit. Why is he even on the Judiciary Committee? Should have been removed after his announcement not to run followed up by his free trip to Africa!

19. Leon0112 says:

Let’s assume that British PM May called Trump and asked him not to declassify the documents because they reveal British sources and methods. Trump says “OK, I want you to issue a public statement saying the following: Elements of the British Intelligence Community colluded with the CIA, The FBI, the Clinton campaign, the DNC and some Russians to influence the 2016 Presidential election in favor of Hillary Clinton.”

20. Zippy says:

From:

It appears Rosenstein had serious discussions with people inside the government on invoking the 25th Amendment against Trump to try to force him out of office.

There are also reports that he “contemplated” (and maybe did) secretly record conversations, much as is claimed by Omarosa.

There are also apparently memos, contemporaneously taken, that describe at least some of this — which the FBI has never disclosed.

In other words there are two sets of files — one that Trump and the rest of the FBI have, and then one that has other material in it.

In the corporate world keeping two sets of books — one for public consumption and one for private, internal use with materially different content is a serious offense. It is an instant fireable offense everywhere and in many cases is felonious.

The so-called “denial” was amusing in that it actually confirmed the presence of the memos:

“A set of those memos remained at the F.B.I. at the time of his departure in late January 2018,” the lawyer, Michael R. Bromwich, said of his client. “He has no knowledge of how any member of the media obtained those memos.”

Oh, so you admit they exist?

Now isn’t that nice…..

Has Rosenstein been fired by Mr. Trump? Nope.

What do you do with a subordinate who directly seeks to undermine you?

You fire them.

Immediately.

Without exception, every time, period.

Especially when it appears that they are keeping two sets of records — one set for consumption by other members of the organization and a second that contains different information you are or intend to use for some other not-above-board purpose.

• Zippy says:

Levin: Don’t fall for the New York Times’ Rosenstein trap

“The details of the story make it look like a strategic leak from someone in the Justice Department to the New York Times, he explained. It was leaked now, Levin suggested, to prompt President Trump to fire Rosenstein to ‘blow up the entire Kavanaugh hearings, to have Republicans running for the hills,’ and to create chaos just ahead of the midterm elections.”

• highdezertgator says:

Based on “Old Yeller’s” “Never Trump free market economic advice”…. his advice should be taken with a grain of salt…. (he uses the same worn-out Friedman “pencil” drivel…while ignoring we used tariffs until the big gubamint federal tax system was foisted upon us in 1914)

• Koot Katmando says:

Levin is just a screamer I pay him no heed.

• nimrodman says:

Zippy, to your one point about them “keeping 2 sets of records”, that dovetails in with Sundance’s statement:

The OIG [DOJ Inspector General] can only report on facets of the investigation he is able to reach. If the system within the investigated agency is withholding information, well, clearly we can see how that would impact the investigative outcome and Inspector General report.

I suspect that Pres Trump, in booting the declassification and release issue over to DOJ Inspector General, may be preparing the ground to reveal that the Inspector General has been snowed and had information withheld from his investigation.

If Inspector General report comes out and doesn’t include a bunch of information that Pres Trump already has in hand (as from other sources, maybe Patriot whistleblowers or Trump’s own counter-counter-intelligence operation)

… then Pres Trump can do a reveal showing that additional level of DOJ/FBI corruption – that of interfering with Inspector General’s investigation.

In other words, I think PresTrump is preparing to reveal that even the Inspector General function has been corrupted, by partisans hiding and withholding information.

That would also reflect back on the 1st Inspector General report that’s already been released.

• Roger Duroid says:

What happened to omarosa? Her 15 minutes went fast as did woodward with his tell all fake book.

• Trent Telenko says:

The Rosenstein story was to change the subject from the SCOTUS nomination.

Sen Flake and the lady Senator from Alaska collapsing afterwards was not known at the time the story was published.

21. phoenixRising says:

22. patrickhenrycensored says:

Apparently, Grassley needs another 24 hours to find his balls.

23. Dora says:

$1M federal grant to train 24 teachers of ‘social justice’ math/science

“Social justice” is the new Marxism of the Left.

24. ALEX says:

Awfully quiet lately

25. ALEX says:

I don’t know why none of these people call the spade a spade.

look, we’ve given every reasonable means for this woman to testify. We have a deadline to meet in order to serve the voters who want us to act. That’s it. No more political stunts.

This woman is a diehard liberal supporter and is obviously taking direction from democratic strategists. We will not bow to political pressure and unsubstantiated claims. That’s it. Vote is on Monday. The woman wanted to remain anonymous and now she can fade back into obscurity. We represent the will of the people. We are going to act like it. End of story.

——- Republican Voters

26. What is going here…they don’t have the votes…to get out of committee? This is really really bad. I am disgusted.

27. Liked by 5 people

28. Those particularities called facts no longer matter. Kavanaugh is representative of an ‘abusive class’. If Kavanaugh is allowed more power, he could become more abusive. Rather chilling.

1. an accusation has been lodged
    2. powerful men are known to abuse their power
    3. Kavanaugh should not be confirmed.

• 7delta says:

Let’s take another look at that:

1. evidence abounds that Hillary Clinton committed crimes (too many to list)

2. powerful women are known to abuse their power

3. Hillary should be locked up

4. Stupid people with access to microphones are known to say stupid things

5. Stupid people should remain silent if they want people to imagine they’re not stupid

29. phoenixRising says:

30. Dora says:

31. Liked by 3 people

32. Albertus Magnus says:

New morning, new disappointments.

People here are convincing that PDJT has this all under control. OK. I will go along with us. I see NO EVIDENCE of it and see only many signs pointing to the exact opposite conclusion…NOBODY on our side has anything under control. Not the Mueller Investigation, not the DOJ, not Congress, not the Kavanaugh confirmation.

I give the progressives credit…they focus on their GOALS. When faced with needing a law passed, they do not bend, they do not waiver, they do not verve in other directions…they simply plan and plot well ahead and move their chess pieces long before the master stroke. When they are over target, they do not care about ANY of the fall out, they drop their bombs and let God (or whatever their version of Him is) sort it out.

Because of the sincerity of the convictions of so many here that I have come to respect over the last 3 years, I am CHOOSING to believe that PDJT has this. I am CHOOSING to ignore any of my own analysis of what the conflicting evidence (of which there is PLENTY of it) may be….the left screwed up and believed that the Pig in a Pants Suit would win in 2016.

Putting my hope in God, PDJT and taking comfort from you all.

Going to focus on other things today…need some tranquility today.

God bless all of you, MAGA friends and compatriots.

• paulraven1 says:

I admire your honesty and your faith.

• MaineCoon says:

That is very weak, spiritually immature “faith”….nothing he has said in the past 2 days displays any faith in God. Just someone who feels sorry for himself. Pathetic really.

• thedoc00 says:

Up vote from me as I feel the same way.

Would like to add that the other thing giving me hope and resolve is that the President somehow finds a strategy to continue moving forward within the legal bounds of his constitutional authority and knitting together ad hoc legislative coalitions as needed, blending the faithful and feckless in the Republican Party. I am also strengthened by a belief that understanding shown here on CTH will somehow spread as voters awaken to situation by thinking for themselves.

• MaineCoon says:

Pathetic. Just pathetic. You show very little faith in God who you keep invoking. Weak faith. Never heard of God’s sovereignty? Weak. Weak man. Pathetic.

33. patrickhenrycensored says:

• wheatietoo says:

I love these little videos he is making.
      They’re great!

And I love it that he’s doing them outside the WH…it makes it seem like he’s giving us a little report, an update, on some little positive bit of news.

It reinforces that he’s One Of Us.
      Instead of reporting from the Oval Office, like all the previous presidents have done.

• Sneaky Pete says:

I’ve been thinking about those too. I think Trump is making sure that he can address the Am. people over the heads of the media who would very likely refuse his request for airtime. Perhaps he’ll have to make an important speech soon on a delicate topic.

• wheatietoo says:

When he does…I hope he will choose a location for that address at a location other than the Oval Office.

That is the place where other presidents have lied to us, over the years.

• ParteaGirl says:

Astute observation, Wheatie- and there’s no podium or presidential seal. One of us!

34. Paprika says:

So, I keep looking for a question to ask Christine Ford that would help cut through all the drama and political crap to ascertain just how serious her claim is. Here’s the best I’ve come up with —

Q–Have you EVER contacted the Maryland police department or Maryland authority that has jurisdiction/responsibility to report this?

Now I’m sure there will probably be lots of excuses of why she did not do so at the time(35 +/- years ago)–but that was not the question! The question was ever! Remember there is no statute of limitation for what she is now claiming(well maybe, as we don’t know exactly what she is claiming).

So did you report this when you ‘remembered’ it in 2012? Why not?

Did you file a report in July of this year when you reported it to the media and your elective official? Why not? But now you want the FBI, who has no authority to investigate this, to investigate? Why did your political advisers, lawyer(s), Ex-FBI polygraph examiner, and Democrat representatives, NOT suggest the proper legal procedures?

If by chance she says yes she did, then ask what did those Maryland authorities say?

But of Course, if she has no memory of where or when it happened–How do we even know it took place in Maryland?

Just a thought.

35. Liked by 2 people

• Liked by 2 people

• evergreen says:

No, RR is in the right place for now: between a WH that hates and distrusts him and a NYT & dems who are turning on him viciously. RR is a a prey-class predator–he goes after small fry but has eyes on the sides of his head to see 360 degrees at all times because he is scared in his environment.

Writes a Comey for-cause memo and then has hissy when it’s used. That’s unstable. I’m fine with letting him stew where he is. Besides, he’s a liability to the dems now. Why remove that? Why, on top of that, give them a reason to get amped about obstruction? They see it everywhere, so no need to give them more fuel in increase their mileage.

• KittyKat says:

If RAW STORY is saying “Fire him” that is the last thing the president should do. The most virulent and lefty I ever met was a regular reader of Raw Story.

I agree totally with Mark Levin’s analysis that it’s a trap.

The Right Scoop
      Rosenstein drops NEW statement on NYT leak, and Mark Levin says IT’S A TRAP!!
      SEP. 21, 2018 9:20 PM • 34 COMMENTS

36. Why Not? says:

When Democrats control congress they are in charge. When Republicans control congress they let the Democrats be in charge. Grassley is a disgrace, a pushover, a non-leader, a putz. The exact opposite of POTUS Trump. BTW…how did so many of the Trump hating GOP senators end up on the Judiciary Committee (Flake, Sasse, Rubio, Collins, Cornyn, Lee and until recently Graham)?

37. Cat Lady says:

Our local SPCA is having our annual golf tournament fundraiser today (small town in Mississippi).

We had a NEW RECORD number of teams sign up – 20 teams!!!! This is DOUBLE what we had last year!!!

We have to go get more catfish to cook for lunch!!!

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!

• thedoc00 says:

I will never support the SPCA with a single penny and have cancelled my membership after they donated millions of dollars to Clinton in 2016. Donate money and goods locally to your local animal shelters, the money will be better used.

• Cat Lady says:

That is correct – the national SPCA (all the commercials with the pitiful looking dogs and cats) is all about lobbying etc. Our funds stay 100% in Stone County Mississippi!!!

• piper567 says:

doc,
        I think you are referring to the National SPCA.
        Not all community/City SPCAs are affiliated with the Nationals.
        I first learned of this distinction from hunters, as the National SPCA has an ongoing Campaign…stealth of course…to poison people’s minds re the evils of hunting.
        My local SPCA is a no-kill facility which has no affiliation with the Nationals.
        All such local facilities should, really, change their designations
        Innocent people think they are helping “the animals”, and when they contribute to the National SPCA, they are promoting propaganda and radical agendas.
        Maybe Cat Lady is running this benefit for, as she says, her Local SPCA.
        As usual, we need to do our homework.

• thedoc00 says:

Nope, there will money headed to the national level if the local chapter wants to continue to the SPCA name. I did my homework.

• Cat Lady says:

The national organization to which to refer is the ASPCA, which gives out grants and also does some lobbying. I believe they are structured as a foundation.

Our local SPCA is not affiliated with them or any other organization. We are a standalone 501(c)3 and we have never paid one dime to the ASPCA or any other national organization, not even to use the name.

We have gotten some grant money in the past from them, but that was several years ago.

In other news, today’s golf tournament NETTED more than $4000!!!! Most successful one yet!!! And 100% of that will go toward helping LOCAL kitties and doggies!!!

• piper567 says:

me too…mt local is not affiliated with the Nationals.

38. Margaret Berger says:

“Sorry for the delay folks, it is complicated business.”

39. KittyKat says:

The people of Ontario Canada, who recently elected conservative Doug Ford as their leader — in a landslide victory — have a new slogan:

MOGA
    Make Ontario Great Again!

40. patrickhenrycensored says:

The Senate Judiciary Committee has given Ford’s attorneys a deadline of 2:30 p.m. ET Saturday to respond with their decision

41. Kaco says:

I’ve got a couple of perhaps dumb questions.

Given PT’s last statements, about knowing the UK and Australia’s election interference, can we assume that he has finally read the documents and perhaps has kept his own copies?

I am wondering if the IG will whitewash or omit some of the documents, not just redact if needed. And if PT hasn’t read or kept his own copies, how will he know what’s missing?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• evergreen says:

I suspect that he knows explicitly or has high confidence indirectly what is what.

The allies have been embarrassed because now we know they are–not could be–tied to this mess with dirty hands. They can claim compromise of security apparatus with release, but what that tells us now is that they intermingled illegal and very unfriendly/hostile activities with legitimate security/intelligence procedures and personnel.

Hmm. What are the dangers of breaking the law and a high trust? Being found out?

• thedoc00 says:

Given its all over the news paper and part of public congressional testimony, it is not rocket science for anybody to know which nations are involved.

• ann says:

Kaco
      You .at find revisiting Sundance’s post” Leverage ” often comments posted later on threads have distilled the initial information into how it applies in real.politick…

Treeper community discourse is deployed almost daily to.reclaim territory of transparency long held hostage by the belching disinformation Resist Reactionaries .

The worm.has turned, the cat is out of the bag,. the doctrine of Internationalist Statism, is unveiled for the same stale myth of utopia peddled for almost two centuries…

Friction and fog of war are to be expected in this polonged complex retreat of Structural. Deconstruction Specialists. .
      These architects of progressivist dystopia, who gleefully dismantle traditional western culture through their silly narrow single academic lens, are deconstructed by their own derivative disciples.
      🌸

• Kaco says:

I read over that post. I just don’t want them sneaking some vital orincriminating stuff out of the documents without PT knowing. I know PT has tried to keep a distance but I hope PT hasn’t put a wall of separation up over this one before it’s handed over to the IG.

• ann says:

Understand. Kaco. I think we all share that concern. We are navigating through the fog of war belched out by Resist. When engaged in deep.state battle Transparency is our battle Hstandard and rallying Cry.
          The tactical calls day by day are infuriating at my infantry level .

42. Yep!

43. phoenixRising says:

44. Brant says:

Britt Hume tweets, “I never imagined we would get this far, but here we are.” I think Britt can be decent sometimes, but maybe someone should tweet the twit that he has been part of this stuff for 20-30 years and he is surprised?

• CNN_sucks says:

OMG. Is that real? What are all these liberal women doing to themselves? Are these liberal women have mental disorder to allow men to abuse them? Their ideology trumps their safety and self esteem?

• thedoc00 says:

Actually the tweet needs to remind him he has been part of the cause of the situation for 30 years.

45. David A says:

let alone the violent aspects of legalised murder, rape and FGM.

What needs to melt is the ideal of power over others, the true root of evil.

46. jack says:

I wonder if SNL will have a funny skit on Glassley this weekend, with him saying, “we will give her until “friday morning at 10am”, then we ill give her until friday night 10pm, then “we will give her until 2:30pm on Saturday, …. and it goes on and on, and Dr Ford is dancing and saying she is too busy right now, I’ll get back to you when I feel I’m ready. Or something like that. It is pretty funny, Glassley is so out to lunch. His Chuck S. remark about Chuck is the conductor and Glassley is 2nd fiddle/trombone player. Glassley you idiot you are the LEADER of the BAND, act like it! 🙂

47. evergreen says:

24 hr extension. The fact that everyone is highly irritated is the reason that he did it. Two months from now he can point back to today and say he bent over backwards and she still bailed. Yesterday, he was straight up. Today he is bending to accommodate them. He knows it. Let’s just ride this one out.

• thedoc00 says:

The direction he bent over will be subject to the outcome of the votes to come.

• evergreen says:

The flaky republicans will vote however they decide to. That’s not within his power to mandate. If they fail to affirm BK, then the voters will register their desires at the polls. BK can be sent straight back to a new senate for another go-round with a new crew.

• Deusvult says:

..and they will vote for him 100%..
          The Dems in Trump states like Manchin can’t vote for him now putting them into a worse position.

It’s unfortunate for Kavanaugh and family to go through this but for the midterms this is gold.

Aure, secure dem seats in CA will have it easier vs. their challengers but everyone on the fence with some common sense sees through this easily..

• agentcommonsense says:

California unamerican Liberal Kooks total 28 percent of the voting population, the 72 percent of America loving patriot voters like myself cannot stop the maddness when the vote is stolen from us.

Hillary won San Diego. No she didn’t, candidate Donald Trump rally fill our huge convention center, Hillary had to cancel her rally because no one showed up.

San Diego once beloved east county town El Cajon with native population 50k now is called Little Baghdad because without the communities knowledge flooded in 60k Iraq refugees we now have more Mosques than Christian churches and Sharia Law was being indoctrinated into our schools.

The city gave them free apartment/medical/food while 40k of our veterans/mentaly and physicaly disabled/drug addicted are living in tents on the sidewalk downtown.
            They get no free apartments or free medical ( Oh but they do get free flu shots.. What the hell is going on with that ? )

Hillary won San Diego because even though we live a spit from the border she wanted open borders and that seems like a great idea, no saftey/drugs/takeover could possibly come from open borders

We finally have hope with the election of Donald Trump .. God bless you POTUS we love you in San Diego

• daughnworks247 says:

San Diego is such a beautiful place. We have to have our country back.

• Hun Driver Widow says:

California is the model for RAT voter fraud and Marxist RAT lunatics like Moonbeam Brown (no brain cells functioning), Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris, Madd Maxine, and the list goes on. They’re all Marxist human waste. Look at the 2016 RED counties. Not all of CA is Liberal wackjobs. As many sane Californians as possible are leaving. Some are stuck for a while. Everyone I talk to wants to move at the first opportunity.

I’ve heard that there were at least 3 million illegal votes in CA in 2016. I have no proof of that just what I’ve heard over and over.

• JX says:

He’s already bent over backwards, now he’s sticking his head up his azz.

• ezpz2 says:

Evergreen, The problem is that it’s hard to take him seriously anymore, and his weakness (‘bending over backwards’) will be further exploited by the loony left. And until/unless he adheres to his own deadline(s), I have trouble believing anything he says.

• evergreen says:

He’s dealing with an organized group of political scam artists. Even though he is a politician himself, cut him some slack. His objective is to secure the affirmation of BK. If it is a bumpy ride for you, well, consider that at the end of a number of weeks or months, BK should be a seated justice. Will the ride have been worth it at that time, or will you look back and say you’d have preferred a smooth ride to no destination (i.e., no new justice)?

Grassley is sometimes frustrating, but net-net he’s reliable ENOUGH. I’ll take what I can get from him. In the meantime, roll with it. See where this goes. The objective is two-fold: 1) BK seated, 2) PR for GOP midterms. Tell your influence group to show up and vote hard.

• ezpz2 says:

Too much drama, which, imo, could have been avoided if Rs in general, and Grassley in particular, had simply not let themselves be bullied by the loony left, and followed their own senate rules and protocol.

As I said on another site, wake me when he’s confirmed, or better yet, wake me when he’s sworn in.

• ezpz2 says:

Politics aside, when I think of the personal toll on the Kavanaugh family – the pain, anguish, and FEAR that they must be going through, I hold Grassley’s ‘bending over backwards’ equally responsible as I do the dems for enabling and allowing this to continue.

What’s he so skeeeerd of? The shrieking activists?
          Ridiculous!

• Hun Driver Widow says:

Grassley needs DiGenova or Mark Levin to help him find his cajones and backbone.

• MAGAbear says:

Exactly right. People here need to chill out a bit, Grassley knows what he’s doing here and that’s letting the Ford Fraud team expose themselves as the frauds they are. She has no intention of showing up.

• MAGADJT says:

I thought it was an extension to 2:30

• Mandy says:

I’ve seen several tweeters that I watch refer to the 2:30 pm EST deadline.

which…. that’s within 2:00 minutes of now as I type this, so ….

• lftpm says:

Tucker says that if the Dems push the confirmation vote to far back, Senate rules could torpedo it, due to campaign season and other competing events.

If so, I hope that Grassley tells Katz tonight: Get your client here by 9 AM Monday or we’re moving on without her. We don’t want to hear that she can’t get a plane ticket now. Have your party to get Dr. Ford a luxury Sunday night flight on Google’s plane at Moffett Field. It’s only 6 miles from her house, she can ride her bike to the airfield if she wants.