Wednesday September 12th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

165 Responses to Wednesday September 12th – Open Thread

1. Bendix says:

I saw somewhere in the MSM about the head of 60 Minutes leaving, and they made it sound as if he was leaving just because.
    No wonder they brought Stormy Daniels on for an interview.

2. Janie M. says:

I have been following the Cornell U. Red-Tailed Hawks cams for about 6 yrs. and the husband/wife team of birders on the ground who follow/record/livestream a mating pair of hawks (Big Red and Ezra – this year, Arthur is her mate due to Ezra’s passing) and their chicks (always 3). Anyway, today, Cindy, our birder livestreamed an event she considers a phenomenom. Over 100 Red-Tailed Hawks soaring/swarming, they don’t normally do so. She wondered if any of of our Cornell chicks were participating. Fast forward to 3:29 minute to see the swarm. I hope this posts successfully, it is amazing to watch.

• Janie M. says:

Swarm kept moving so she was having problems adjusting her cam, eventually, it clears up and the focus is better.

• Bendix says:

I’ve seen the Cornell cam. My family love hawks and other raptors.
        I have lng thought it would be cool to keep a large screen over the mantel on a hawk cam, although I imagine it might get gross at times.
        Nice footage.

• Bendix says:

“long” thought.

• Janie M. says:

Bendix, I’ve been watching the hawks long enough that watching them tear up their prey doesn’t disturb me (they gotta eat). I’ve viewed them swallowing long strands which was nicknamed by other viewers as “gutsgehetti (intestines).” They waste very little of the prey, they pull off some of the fur or feathers but they even eat the bones. The large pellets they regurgitate contain all the parts they couldn’t digest.

3. sobriquet4u says:

Does anyone have a suggestion for email accounts other than yahoo and gmail?

• My Magic Wand says:

For free? you can still get one from AOL, had mine for at least 20 years wish I would have bought AOL @ 4.25 a share back then I would be living on the island DJT declined to buy off my brother the RE agent many moons ago, its a spam magnet but I use it for everything for the most part as I know it will be spammed, and I don’t read it unless I am expecting something, I think I have 60k unread emails.

For relatively low cost you can get a domain from 1and1.com comes with a lot of good basic features, they want so sell you a lot of upgrades tho.
      Best part about your own domain with email addresses is you can change email addresses like underwear, keep, delete, forward to another email address on your domain, or any other domain, such as aol,gmail,yahoo.

Hope this helps.

• outlook.com has free email.
      protonmail.com costs something, but if you pay for it you also get VPN services.
      if you have cable services, they also provide free email addresses.

If you are wanting to save emails to be searchable when internet is down, you can use thunderbird or another desktop app on your computer to pull your cloud mail onto your computer.

4. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

5. nwtex says:

test

:rage:

6. nwtex says:

Everywhere I turn men are being accused of some sort of misconduct, most of the allegations are about something that supposedly happened eons ago, and as a result their name is forever trashed and their world falls apart.

I know nothing about this guy but imo it is not fair, especially when I know how huge numbers of females throw themselves at these men (I have seen it with my own eyes…they even beg) to get what they want career wise…..and not just in the entertainment world. Females even do it when they are getting arrested….they do really raunchy things to try to get out of the arrest.