Friday September 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

241 Responses to Friday September 7th – Open Thread

1. Dora says:

2. Old School says:

Anyone else think that op-ed piece is just another bluff from the Soros/establishment crowd aimed at causing paranoia in the Trump administration and doubt among voters?

3. bofh says:

I don’t do twitter (so can’t retweet this), but thought I’d pass this along here if anyone wants to help out. It’s a fundraiser for a youngster paralyzed in a high-school football game.

4. BigMamaTEA says:

• Donna in Oregon says:

What a maroon……snicker.

Senator Spartacus. Oh the hubris, the unmitigated gall, the delusions of grandeur. The hilarious spectacle these overblown Globalist egos make of themselves.

5. BigMamaTEA says:

6. Donna in Oregon says:

MomaTea, I posted about this on the thread about Papadopoulos getting sentenced today.

Do you remember when Mrs. Papadopoulos was spotted in a picture with some other females and that call girl, Anastasia Vashukevich (seen on a yacht allegedly belonging to oligarch Oleg Deripaska). Remember, the female she was Oleg Deripaska’s call girl or mistress she got locked up in a Thai jail. I thought it was here on the open thread, a poster compared the pics of Anastasia Vashukevich and some of Oleg’s other girls and one looked exactly like Mrs. Papadopoulos.

Oligarch’s ‘mistress’ offers info on Trump-Russia ties for US asylum

What ever came of that?

7. Bendix says:

This is sad. Although I do not care much for the Kennedy dynasty, they do seem to have a higher than average amount of tragedy in their lives:
    Or maybe it’s just that they attract so much attention when they do.

8. Sepp says:

“US Generals Refuse to Identify Islam as the Threat = Another Dead Soldier

The latest article from John Guandolo and his team at Understanding the Threat.

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

10. Dave says:

I read that baseball’s Baltimore Orioles will be sporting uniforms with the lettering in Braille! I’m guessing it’s for a special occasion like teams do with “throwback” uniforms, pink threads for breast cancer awareness, camo for honoring our military, and on down the line. I know they mean well by this gesture. Perhaps it will get those fans with sight to get involved in aiding the cause, either financially or by volunteering their time. Other than that, I can’t really understand how the lettering actually helps the blind. Kind of like the store window sign that says, “No pets allowed…except seeing-eye dogs!” Who benefits by reading that sign? Neither the blind man nor the dog can read it! The Braille lettering on the jerseys don’t appear raised so they could be felt with the fingertips. Again the question, who exactly benefits? Insert umpire joke here!

11. nikkichico7 says:

Psalm 91 New King James Version (NKJV)

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
    91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
    Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
    My God, in Him I will trust.”
    3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    And from the perilous pestilence.
    4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
    And under His wings you shall take refuge;
    His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
    5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
    Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
    6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
    Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
    7 A thousand may fall at your side,
    And ten thousand at your right hand;
    But it shall not come near you.
    8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
    And see the reward of the wicked.
    9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
    Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
    10 No evil shall befall you,
    Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
    11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
    To keep you in all your ways.
    12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
    Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
    13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
    The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
    14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
    I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
    15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will deliver him and honor him.
    16 With long life I will satisfy him,
    And show him My salvation.”

Psalm 27:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
    An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
    A Psalm of David.

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    Whom shall I fear?
    The Lord is the strength of my life;
    Of whom shall I be afraid?

12. dogsmaw says:

The Ingraham Angle: Chicago Town Hall, Friday at 10:00pm ET and Sunday at 8:00pm ET, on Fox News Channel.

‘He Wasn’t in a Gang, He Didn’t Do Drugs’: Ingraham Talks to Aunt of Teen Murdered in Chicago

If you missed it, try to watch Sunday at 8pmET