President Trump Meets With Sheriffs From Across The Nation…

Earlier today President Trump met with dozens of sheriffs from across the nation and delivered public remarks.

The media was waiting in the room to pounce on questions relating to a New York Times op-ed presumably penned by an anonymous Senior Official titled: “I am a member of the resistance.”  I’ll break out that part in a separate post:

[Transcript] 5:05 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s really nice. This is an honor because, when I was running, I think number one on our list was law enforcement, taking care of law enforcement, working with law enforcement. And really, we have to create guidelines and principles for the incredible job you’ve done. And you’ve done an amazing job.

And I will tell you, a lot of times you’re scorned and you’re looked at by the media because the media is very dishonest — much of it — in this country. Very, very dishonest. And the job that you’ve done, in light of all of the things that you have to go through — I guess, a little bit like me, also — but I will say that you have been really outstanding, incredible people.

Crime statistics are down. We’re really doing well, other than you take a couple of places around our nation where they have different policies than what we would put — and you know where I’m talking about. But there are a couple of places, they don’t believe in what we believe. But we have, together, done something very special.

I also remember so well, Sheriff, when we were together — I said we’re going to get you a lot of military equipment that you weren’t able to get. And it was sitting in warehouses all over the country, and in many cases, Mike, in other countries. You remember.

And we brought it back home, and you were able to get great military equipment like you couldn’t afford to buy in your budgets. And we gave it to you, and it protected a lot of people. We have a lot of people living today in your profession that would not, frankly, be around right now without the protection of that kind of equipment that we have sitting around waiting, and doing nothing, and just drawing dust.

So the fact that you gave me this award is something very meaningful. I will put that in a place of great honor in the Oval Office. But I really appreciate it. Thank you very much. It’s a great honor. Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you all. [END]

This entry was posted in media bias, Police action, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to President Trump Meets With Sheriffs From Across The Nation…

1. MagaKathryn says:

Love my Torrance Police Department! Thank you TPD for keeping our community safe!

2. treehouseron says:

Balls. He has Balls. That’s the best way to describe it.

3. PotP says:

I’d have NSA working on the alleged “senior insider” and when uncovered, I’d kick him/her out along with any of their allies. Just make sure their names and faces are made public.

• Name Redacted says:

This person will be lauded in the media and make dozens of media appearances when his identity is revealed. He will become a new face of the resistance.

But for now, this brave soul is cowering in anonymity, much like an Antifa devotee.

• nbkilgore says:

And they always write a book titled “My ego doomed me”! Realistically, I join the ranks of those that think that oped is nothing more than a figment of imagination by one of the RINOe’s staff assistant rejects!

4. eric says:

‘Merica!!!

5. margarite1 says:

I feel so bad for him…he is doing such a great job, working his heart out unselfishly, and the rabid hyenas are chasing him to destroy him. They are monsters!

6. bessie2003 says:

This is so good to see; heartfelt and,

Wow! A crowd-funding build the wall site – by the national Sheriffs!

7. anniefannie says:

New York Times? Are they still in business? They are as relevant as some of the paid protesters from the Fascist left.

• nbkilgore says:

They let the janitors retire not hiring replacements, but kept the Propagandist writers and if you walk in there, don’t apply your Jake breaks cuz you’ll stir up a dust storm!

8. Joe says:

Sessions op-ed?

9. peace says:

The op-ed is most likely fake and written by a NYT journalist who pretends to be a WH official. The NYT always lies.

10. kittytrump84 says:

I am proud to say my county sheriff is in the front row!!!!

11. Summer says:

The Swamp is getting more and more vicious, ruthless and shameless. Pray for President Trump’s safety because the Swamp is plotting his assassination.

12. Monticello says:

Think of the potential money that would be offered to turn one of the White House staff..

13. tav says:

Did any democrats rush the stage and demand the Sheriffs be abolished and put on trial?

You know they wanted to.

14. Troublemaker10 says:

Trump was prepared to fight back and boy did he! Added bonus was to have him do it with 40 sheriffs cheering him on in the background.

I don’t know who this WH resister us who is trying to go back and pull the Atricke 25 crao, but I bet he is either an Obama holdover or a CIA/DOJ/etc soft coup plant.

15. Troublemaker10 says:

So proud to see my Sheriff (Bunny Welsh) there. She is the blond behind Pence and a huge Trump supporter!

16. MaineCoon says:

Thank you Sheriff’s for honoring POTUS. Such a nice speech and well deserved. When POTUS said the plaque would have a special spot in the Oval Office, I thought that was neat! It meant a lot to the Sheriff’s too. What a daunting task our president has at hand. Daunting.

17. Stillwater says:

I wonder if stretches of the new border wall can be seen from space. Maybe google earth? I haven’t used it much so I don’t know.

18. paper doll says:

I love seeing the love and bond between PT and the men and women of law enforcement. How many times have we see him stop everything to say thank you to these great men and women? Those so many other high ups don’t even notice them. They give so much, it always moves me to see him simply thank them!!

19. yonason says:

Without law and order you not only don’t have a country, you don’t even have civilization.

Thank G-d for giving us Donald Trump! …and none too soon, either.

20. Is there a published list of who attended?

21. GB Bari says:

Kudos to those sheriffs who stood behind President Trump on national television today. That was genuine respect on display. Unlike the sneering dishonesty exhibited by at least one Mainly Sewage Media clown on the opposite side of the room.

22. woohoowee says:

The Sheriffs sincerely appreciate PT45 restoring the rule of law 🙂 So do he rest of us! Congress, courts and previous administrations should be ashamed of what they put everyone through with Illegals and Immigration Gone Wild. Now our LEOs can do their jobs.

23. MfM says:

There was a video of the Sheriff’s waiting for over 35 minutes, before Trump came in. It was interesting how much chatting and back and forth there was given that these are sheriffs from all over the country. The National Sheriff’s Association certainly does a good job bringing them together.

24. Lindenlee says:

Gee, that vile sluggard from Broward County isn’t there, nor my scumbag of a Shreiff, Ric Bradshaw, he of sanctuary county fame, without a vote of our county commissioner or the people.

25. TreeClimber says:

I’m all for supporting LEOs in principle, but the ones around here are in bed with BLM. :/

26. solomonpal says:

Haha…good one. Stick it to em PDT.