August 21st – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #579

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,519 Responses to August 21st – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #579

1. Troublemaker10 says:

There are now about a half a dozen lawyers saying Cohen’s hush payments were neither criminal nor campaign finance violation.

2. Today’s disgraceful shenanigans send a warning to all of DC, all politicians, all federal employees, every American citizen.

Buck the deep state at your peril.

This is chilling. Even potus appeared out of sorts, subdued at the start of the wv rally but the crowd buoyed his spirits and he was almost his old self at the end.

Imagine how he must feel.

3. Gil says:

This is another problem today unfortunately. CA state senate is about to get Jerry Brown to “reform” state bail system. Think new mexico islamic terrorists, ecrpt in California. AB109, and all the other criminal “reforms” the libs have done are bad enough. Now they wont even hold em for bail if this goes through. My God, November election wont fix this, but it will have to be a start. CA is going to look like a narco state if not under control soon.

“California lawmakers on Tuesday passed a landmark bill that would overhaul the state’s cash-bail system, replacing it with one that grants judges greater power to decide who should remain incarcerated ahead of trial.

The proposal moved out of the chamber with a 26-12 vote and now heads to Gov. Jerry Brown, who last year pledged to work with lawmakers and the state’s top Supreme Court justice to pass the legislation.

“Today, the Legislature took an important step forward in reducing the inequities that have long plagued California’s bail system,” Brown said in a statement Tuesday.

The two-year effort puts the state at the forefront of a national push to change the way courts impose monetary fines and payments on defendants as conditions of their release from jail. But the historic victory has been bittersweet for lawmakers, as opponents — including some of the bill’s most ardent former supporters — argued the final version of the legislation could lead to more people behind bars.

Senate Bill 10 would virtually eliminate the payment of money as a condition of release. Under last-minute changes, judges would have greater power to decide which people are a danger to the community and should be held without any possibility of release in a practice known as “preventive detention.”

On the Senate floor, Republicans argued the bill was rushed through the process after major last-minute changes unveiled last week.

Sen. Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber) contended it was passed “in the dark of night.” He said the provisions would automatically grant release to many people, and warned senators would be reading the sad stories of the people they harm.”

4. CopperTop says:

“Call it what it is ‘hush money’….OOOOOO…Scary? Not Scary! It’s paid every day by every candidate across the united states and is not an illegal act. It’s a legal contract to hush somebody.”
    —-Mark Levin

5. Blade says:

Okay so what did I miss? I went back to Page-1 of the thread where there was a Sessions Derangement therapy session underway, posted my two cents, and now a huge chunk of comments is missing.

I checked a copy of the page and re-read my own comment to make sure it didn’t violate the rules and I don’t think it did, so I guess someone else later torpedoed the discussion with their derangement. Anyone know what happened?

• rf121 says:

See, thats what happens when you leave to chase vampires.

• Binkser1 says:

Blade, are you sure you weren’t on another article?

• cynicalconservative says:

I saw it as well, and after an admonishment by AdRem against certain contributors (incorrect in my opinion, but I’m not in control), I’d guess that the entire exchange was nuked as an egregious waste of pixels and bandwidth.

I could be wrong, just my opinion. 99% of the time, I see the word “sessions” and I start scrolling until the next “new” comment; doubly so since 75% of the comments therein are from GAZE’d nics anyway.

I do appreciate your contributions, Blade, even when they get nuked later.

Back to my lurking.

• Blade says:

What was that about? Who got chastised?

• wheatietoo says:

Sorry, Blade…I dunno what happened either.
      I left too, then when I came back tonight, that whole exchange is gone, including the Potus tweet that began the discussion.

6. daughnworks247 says:

Wait.
    Cohen is allowed/required to submit amended returns from 2012-2016 (something Manafort was not allowed to do and neither Manafort nor Cohen had IRS audits).
    The two campaign finance ‘violations’ pleas are not against the law.
    Yet, the ‘income’ Cohen did not claim, over 2 million was interest from a personal loan over a 4 year period. Hmmmm…… So, Cohen had about 2.5 million in interest over 4 years = $625K a year. That means Cohen loaned SOMEONE 10 million dollars as a personal loan, with about a 6.25% interest rate — yet he has to borrow $500K on an equity line?
    We’re left with one charge of bank fraud, for filing a false bank loan doc on a $500K equity line. According to the prosecutor, there were 14 ‘debts’ Cohen did not list, and thus, would not have received the bank loan if he had listed them…. need more details, here. Was it a Discover Card with a $300 balance, and a gym membership on autodraft? We don’t know. Yet, someone who loaned $10 million to another person, should certainly be able to qualify for a $500K equity line. AND let’s not forget, I have yet to meet a single lawyer who knew anything about banking and finance. Do we have a statement from the bank officer, or merely a presumption from the prosecutor?

7. Nigella says:

So is the “best” Mueller can come up with after multi,multi millions of dollars spent chasing the Russian boogeyman?

8. JoD says:

Based on the Helsinki scale, which was a 10++…
    We’re lookin’ at a 7 or 8.
    Next up…the righteous and well deserved Kommie keister kicking.
    Media Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
    They just never learn.. Thank God!

9. andyocoregon says:

Tonight on the CBS Evening News with Jeff Glor, he was leading with the Manafort and Cohen convictions and he giggled a little when he said, “The Manafort verdict a-and the Michael Cohen plea deal were happening simultaneously”. He actually giggled the a-and.

What a jerk.

10. Mandy says:

Oh my.

11. Troublemaker10 says:

12. rf121 says:

Sundance has the “Presidential” thread and an “Open” thread. He needs to open a “I need a hug” thread. Too many people watching TV and getting depressed. We need to focus on the positive.

1. As I said earlier, Hillary is still not President.
    2. My 401K is looking might fine thanks to the MAGA agenda. I got a raise, the family is working so we can do well. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    3. Our President is still hanging tough and giving out as much as he is taking. We all love a fighter and President Trump does not disappoint.
    4. Draining the swamp is in progress but will take longer than most of us would like. This will take years, but we are making progress. Patience grasshopper.
    5. We have the Treehouse and are among friends that support MAGA and our President. We fight like family sometimes but that’s fine. I can’t force you to agree with me and be right all the time.
    6. Sundance educates us daily along with the twitter warriors. We have truth and facts on our side. Just because the MSM has the bigger megaphone does not mean they are winning.

Stay strong, stay positive. When I stray from that please remind me as I will you.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke.

• Shelley Keith Childs says:

Praying every day keeps anxiety at bay:

Heavenly Father, we thank you and praise you for our country. Please thwart the evil plans of men, and expose the evil deeds of men so that they will not escape justice, and rescue from destruction the innocent, the helpless, the unwary, and the unsaved. Protect those facing persecution, blessing and shielding them, and touch the hearts of their persecutors, lifting the veil, so that they will recognize their sin, repent, and trust Jesus Christ as savior.

Father we pray that you would give us politicians who have clarity, integrity, and passion for what is right. Give them great intelligence to solve problems, but please give them great strength of character, to stay away from anything corrupt or sinful as well.

Bless all who love us and all whom we love. Bless and protect Donald Trump, Mike Pence, all incoming Cabinet Members and Aides to the President, all lawmakers who uphold Biblical principles, law-keepers in all branches of the military and in all law enforcement agencies and ALL of their families, and work your good and perfect will in their lives this day, so that they will lead spiritually fruitful, spiritually productive lives, and as happy, healthy, and long as you have appointed with your good and perfect will, free from malevolent interferences.

Protect us from a slow agonizing destruction we pray.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

• Blind no longer says:

Thanks for the reminder rf! I needed it tonight. I’m not down in the dumps…I’m just pissed off as hell and frustrated! My husband can tell you I don’t handle anger very well. It takes a lot to make me mad, and today all the piling on PDJT just pushed every button I have! But I will never let them win. The Left and the Deep State will never stop me from supporting President Trump! He’s the best thing thing that’s ever happened to this Country IMHO!! He’s our last best hope.

• sunnydaze says:

LOL. @ “I Need a Hug” thread.

“Wipe Away My Tears ” thread.

Yeah, a big UGH for all the BS.

• Niagara Frontier says:

I think people deserve some slack tonight. To many it feels like we had a double root canal, a colonoscopy, and an oversized cystoscope inserted into our urethra all in one day.

But the sun will come up tomorrow and POTUS will reassure as he always does that all is well and under control.

13. Donna in Oregon says:

Some call it a bad news cycle today…… Others call it something else.

It’s kinder to the “resistance” that they understand their limitations. And they have severe limitations. How severe we will leave up to them…..said this earlier, and it’s still true:

Now if Mueller thinks he’s going after President Trump he and his Swamp friends have lost their fricking minds. Doesn’t matter what BS they make up, they know what will happen to them. There is no excuse, crooked investigation, manufactured evidence, or made up hysteria that will be allowed or accepted in this country. Period.

Furthermore, and for clarity sake….not a hair on POTUS’s head better be harmed. Ever….GOT IT? Don’t even think about pulling another John F Kennedy. We aren’t the same people we were then.

General Mattis has already said it best:

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”

Nuff said.

14. Golfbro11 says:

After all everyone on this board had been through on this ride with President Trump i find hard to believe that a made up campaign finance violation even registers on Trump scale. And remember he hits back 10 times as hard. This is the art of war. When your enemy perceives you at your weakest…you STRIKE! Grab your popcorn it’s about to get good!

15. For Eyes says:

Wakeup call.

This is NOT what winning looks like.

Smell the coffee

16. sunnydaze says:

Missouri Dems putting Minimum Wage on the Nov. Ballot to GOTV and help McCaskill.

Guess they did the same thing in 2006 to help her win. Clever.

Maybe someone needs to explain to the people of Missouri that higher wages are a result of lower unemployment figures and employers needing to fill jobs….hint hint to Repub pols in Missouri.

• wheatietoo says:

The Minimum Wage is a job-killer that always kills more jobs when it is raised.

Entry-level jobs are the hardest hit…like restaurant jobs.
      Look at what has happened recently, in all the places that raised their Minimum Wage.
      Restaurants had to close their doors.

It’s like musical chairs.
      Minimum Wage is raised…more chairs are pulled out.

Raising the Min Wage also raises prices for everyone.
      Employers have to pass on that additional cost to consumers.

• Ivehadit says:

They should run ads that say, Don’t you want to earn MORE than democrats’ $15/hr? President Trump has training and internships ready for you to earn MUCH MORE. BUT HE NEEDS YOU TO VOTE JOSH HAWLEY-R ON NOV. 6TH TO KEEP THE PROSPERITY ROLLING!

17. Ivehadit says:

I see these cases and I think that these are retaliation for what is going on behind the scenes. I hope I am right. But one question I have is, Does Jeff Sessions approve these pursuits before they start an investigation?

18. Listening to the usual morons cheer over these two tangential trials…it’s a parenthetical salve to their derangement rashes! It should be miles from their itch but they’ll take it because you can fit Trump in the paragraph. Their unhinged gloating wears thin. I’m surrounded by these people in walkaround life. Trump is ONLY trying to resurrect the middle class. The trouble is so many people have forgotten what a middle class is, and the manifold comforts it bestows. The slow boil of mockingbird false consciousness.

19. Dutchman says:

In the revolutionary war, we lost battle, after battle,….until we won.

WW2; Started with losing all our battleships, in the harbor. And we continue losing, for what,….first year and a half?

Point is, gonna win some battles, lose some battles, and in the fog of war might not even know if you’ve won or lost, till the smoke clears, or the bda’s come in.

Winning the war is the goal. Getting indictments of small fry, while satisfying, is NOT the goal. Yes, small fry, even hill and O are small fry. It’s whose PAYING them.
    They are traitors, but the country they are betraying us to, is the enemy.

The war ain’t over yet, by any means.
    We will prevail, because we must.