Thursday August 16th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

218 Responses to Thursday August 16th – Open Thread

1. eric says:

August 16,1977
    41yrs ago today…The King went home.

PLAY IT LOUD TODAY!!!!!

WE WANT YOU
    WE NEED YOU
    WE LOVE YOU

2. Dora says:

3. winky says:

I had no idea that Aretha Franklin (one of my favorite) stepped in for my absolute favorite of all time Luciano. When he sang this song it was so emotional for me. But when Aretha sang this it was incredible in a very different way.

4. smiley says:

Gospel music was always in her heart. ❤

miss you, Aretha.

5. Dora says:

Probably one of his least known songs, but it’s always been one of my favorites.

A beautiful waltz.

6. phattcat says:

Aretha Franklin – Respect (Blues Brothers 2000)

The Queen is dead – long live the Queen, Queen of soul that is.

7. olderwiser21 says:

Hey, Treepers – could someone give me a shout out? I have not had a reply to any of my posts for several weeks, which makes me think they are being blocked by my hotmail account or something. Anyway, give it a try, will ya?? Thanks!

8. BigMamaTEA says:

So far…on senate tee-vee……

We have CONFIRMATION of a 4th Circuit Judge. Marvin Quattlebaum of S.C.

Y- 62 – N – 28

9. Troublemaker10 says:

10. BigMamaTEA says:

And….we have another Circuit Court Judge for the 4th Circuit CONFIRMED.

Julius Richardson of S.C. for Judge for the 4th Circuit

Y- 81 – N- 8

11. BigMamaTEA says:

12. Anonymous says:

And… it’s Cuomo!

13. andyocoregon says:

The scumbag husband finally confessed to murdering his pregnant wife and two small children in Colorado. May he rot in prison and burn in Hell.

14. Dora says:

15. BigMamaTEA says:

Since some days listening to senate tee-vee is like watching paint dry……….I sometimes entertain myself with unusual vids…..

16. Lord, thank you for washing us clean and restoring our souls.

17. phattcat says:

Aretha Franklin – I say a little prayer

Lyrics:
    The moment I wake up
    Before I put on my makeup
    I say a little pray for you
    While combing my hair now,
    And wondering what dress to wear now,
    I say a little prayer for you

Forever, and ever, you’ll stay in my heart
    and I will love you
    Forever, and ever, we never will part
    Oh, how I love you
    Together, forever, that’s how it must be
    To live without you
    Would only meen heartbreak for me.

I run for the bus, dear,
    While riding I think of us, dear,
    I say a little prayer for you.
    At work I just take time
    And all through my coffee break-time,
    I say a little prayer for you.

Forever, and ever, you’ll stay in my heart
    and I will love you
    Forever, and ever we never will part
    Oh, how I’ll love you
    Together, forever, that’s how it must be
    To live without you
    Would only mean heartbreak for me.

I say a little prayer for you

I say a little prayer for you

My darling believe me, ( beleive me)
    For me there is no one but you!
    Please love me too (answer his pray)
    And I’m in love with you (answer his pray)
    Answer my prayer now babe (answer his pray)

Forever, and ever, you’ll stay in my heart
    and I will love you
    Forever, and ever we never will part
    Oh, how I’ll love you
    Together, forever, that’s how it must be
    To live without you
    Would only mean heartbreak for me (oooooooooh)

18. Lucille says:

Found in the ruins of Pompeii at the “House of the Tragedian”, this mosaic and inscription “CAVE CANEM” – Beware of the dog…

19. Donna in Oregon says:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…. I think the X-mas movies can be watched online 🙂

THE LATEST CHRISTMAS NEWS BLOG

It’s never to soon to start celebrating the birth of Christ.

I love the Christmas holidays. Merry Christmas.

20. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

21. covfefe999 says:

This is my favorite Aretha Franklin video. Her talent was other-worldly, on a whole other level. And Soul Train, wow, so many fantastic artists singing/playing live. I’m nostalgic for that era.

• covfefe999 says:

And if I may … this is my favorite Soul Train performance ever, I think. The dancers are having a blast and go kind of nuts at the end (I would too!). Fantastic multi-racial band, fantastic song. I miss the 70’s. 😦

22. Lucille says:

City Invites Community To Pray, ACLU Takes Action To Stop It

23. So…….

Have a houseful of libs coming to stay. What posture ? Hoping to avoid any political stuff.
    ( I would slay them ) but people I love so ? ……

• Unconditional positive regard. As you look at each person, in all their glorious mess, you smile as you silently repeat, “I wish you well.” This tends to drive binary thinkers crazy (which may give you a secret pleasure). You can pray it generates enough cognitive dissonance that they break down and ask for your thoughts. 🙂

• BigMamaTEA says:

AND have plenty of Maalox/tums, etc. available.