Suicidal Airline Service Agent Steals Plane, Pulls Stunts, Commits Suicide…

The story of an obviously unstable ground service agent at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is terribly sad. According to most accounts 29-year-old Richard Russell stole a turboprop jet for just under an hour before eventually crashing and killing himself 30 miles away. There were no other passengers on board.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of this young man; and also especially with the air traffic controller who remained calm and tried his earnest best to save the life of Mr. Russell. A person can well imagine the sadness felt by that Air Traffic Controller.

God our strength and our redeemer: you do not leave us in this life nor abandon us in death. Hear our prayer for those in despair, when days are full of darkness and the future empty of hope. Renew in them your sustaining strength for we believe that there is nothing in all creation that can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen.

This entry was posted in Air Travel, Choose Life, Death Threats, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

283 Responses to Suicidal Airline Service Agent Steals Plane, Pulls Stunts, Commits Suicide…

1. youme says:

He wanted a few moments of beauty & to do something amazing before he ended his life. My head condemns, my heart breaks, my soul understands.

Richard Russell’s blog

• maggie0987 says:

When you click on the blog link it shows that he has been married only a year.
      This is a very sad story – what the heck has been going on in his life recently?

• Diddian says:

maggie0987 – According to the blog post (and other reports), he was married in 2011.

I wonder with you about what might have been going on in his life recently, while retaining anger that he made choices in that state that were so incredibly irrational, selfish, and costly to others. And, I’m very grateful to the air traffic controller as well as the F-15 pilots for their public service in ensuring that Russell’s final acts didn’t cause further destruction.

• LULU says:

maggie, I just read a news report that included some bio information. He met his wife in school in Coos Bay, Oregon. They married a year later and opened a bakery. She was the baker; he was her apprentice…

• Mark Mears says:

Thank you, youme. My head condemns, my heart breaks and my soul understands. In Richard’s blog he said he wanted to join the armed forces and I believe with gonads like that and the skill to do maneuvers like that with 35 seat airliner, he would have been a great pilot. I’ve done some stupid stuff in my life, reflected on those times and become a better person for it. Glass half full type here and will eat crow and apologise when I’m wrong and look for the good to come of it. Just feel bad, he would have been a great pilot.

2. JAS says:

Very sad indeed. I found this video he did a while back (12/2017) titled “Video Story Final”:

3. 4EDouglas says:

If he wanted to enjoy the beauty of flight-go to say Arlington and rent a plane and instructor like a Decathlon or a Pitts S-2 and enjoy a couple of hours of aerobatics. Not destroy other people’s property and mulit-million dollar equipment.His soul was wounded, somehow.
    Every one of us has at some time or another experienced that “Dark night of the soul,”
    and either got help or come out of it alive and better. Even if it is clinging to the hem of Jesus’ robe.
    There is nothing so helpless as being able to watch and do nothing…
    I’ve been there.

4. scooby184 says:

As others have said, there is much, MUCH more to this story.
    Scratch the surface and the first thing that jumps out is the fact that the plane was a Q 400.
    There are no coincidences.
    It is up to you to decide how much you are willing to seek out the truth. But I will warn you, once you take the blinders off and see things for what they are, everything will come into focus and not all is ‘pretty’. Check out reddit/greatawakening.
    As Q has said EVERYTHING has meaning.
    God speed, Patriots.

• Keebler ac says:

The guy was targeted much like many targeted individuals who do not have the stamina to fight the electonic torture and the perps are sending a message. Once you are aware of how DEW and mind control works, you can identify their m.o. The “demons” hired by deep state against a belief in God seek to destroy those in his kingdom. Against the vicious DEW, many succumb, stop their faith and give up life. Many also have not committed suicide but are terminated to make it appear like suicide.

God will respond to DEW but we need awareness in mass numbers and those aware to pray unceasingly to crush and destroy the DEW machinery and thus the deep state. It can be done. Please spread the word for people to pray. God waits for us to send the solicitation and thus redeem out faith in him against the horrors of mankind.

Thank you for listening. For those targeted, please do not give up! We are here for you and we will grow in numbers and strength! Please share!

Especially President Trump needs to be made aware by us voters, we must not assume he knows.

5. margaretwalker says:

Sorry, the exact words are even better, “Ask and it will be given to you,seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you,” Again, there is not a higher truth than what we receive from God , this in answer to yausxx and his flip “truth is higher than any religion, you are so wrong.

6. 4EDouglas says:

The official website of Bomardier and the “Q” series..
    Good aircraft
    Conair has a nifty Airtanker conversion that would work in the US…

7. Michael says:

Dr Jordan Peterson writes (my take) of how terrible life can be so is it surprising people want to believe in something wonderful? I was as a youth hard core atheist. Over the years I have come to the opinion there is no answer comprehensible to us. Now I see a lot of great advice in the Bible and though I still cannot make that leap of faith I am hopeful.

8. trumpismine says:

Thank you Sundance. Your beautiful prayer reminds me why I have made the Last Refuge my go to site for inspiration and peace. God Bless you.

9. CountryClassVulgarian says:

Did a portion of this thread disappear?????

10. Native Virginian says:

Did you know, the pilot’s name is the same as a submarine, the USS Richard B. Russell? Did you know that it was decommissioned by Bill Clinton in 1994, and sent to Whidbey to “scrap”? Did you know the Russell could launch Tomahawk missiles? Did you know a missile was launched from the vicinity of Whidbey when Trump traveled to North Korea? Did you listen to the guy on the ATC traffic? Sounded forced and phony to me. Waiting to hear more “real news” from the MSM. Shoutout to compatriot Scooby184 above.

11. Anon says:

He seems like a guy I would like to be friends with. This was very sad to read about. God help all such people.