Friday July 13th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

280 Responses to Friday July 13th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Little Girl, Arise

I was addressing an Assyrian audience on the raising of Jairus’ twelve-year-old daughter by the Lord Jesus Christ, and using the narrative to illustrate how God, through His Word, gives resurrection life to those who are “dead in trespasses and sins.”

I had as my interpreter the incomparable Bedour Hanush Afraim Kassab, but there was one point in the narrative where my audience needed no interpreter. I will explain.

It so happens that Aramaic, spoken by our Lord on earth, is almost identical to Assyrian and there is one small phrase in the story where our English Version presents the very words our Lord spoke to Jairus’ daughter: “Talitha cumi,” or “Little girl, arise.”

Now it also happened that in our audience there was a little Assyrian girl who, like Jairus’ daughter, was twelve years old. As I told of Jairus’ anxiety for his dying daughter and his anguish at the news of her death, the little Assyrian girl could understand nothing; she had to wait until my words were interpreted into Assyrian. But when I got to the words “Talitha cumi” she needed no interpreter. Leaping from her chair she stood looking at me with eager, sparkling eyes, as if to say: “What do you want of me? What can I do now?”

Like Jairus’ daughter, our little girl had heard and understood just those three words and had applied them to herself. So it is with those who have received “life in Christ.” “Dead in trespasses and sins” (Eph. 2:1), they paid little heed to the Word of God (I Cor. 2:14), but one day, by the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, they did take heed and believe some simple gospel passage, like “Christ died for our sins” (I Cor. 15:3) and, applying it to themselves, were “raised to walk in newness of life” (Rom. 6:4).

Nothing would please us more than if some reader should thus apply the gospel of God’s grace to himself and receive eternal life.

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and THOU shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

2. citizen817 says:

First light on the Indian Peaks…Lake Isabelle, CO

3. citizen817 says:

Watkins State Park, NY

4. PotP says:

Tweeter thread with pics from the left’s favorite new communist

5. Garrison Hall says:

6. nwtex says:

As always DM has the best collection of photo’s anywhere. The sizing is a big plus as well.

The Belle of the ball! Radiant Melania Trump is reminiscent of a Disney princess in a yellow off-the-shoulder gown as she and Donald attend a lavish gala dinner at Blenheim Palace
    You’ll see something was going on to their left causing the First Lady to glare and the President as well.
    12 July 2018

• nwtex says:

oops this—>

^ “You’ll see something was going on to their left causing the First Lady to glare and the President as well”

landed in the wrong place in my above comment. Those were MY words NOT text from the article.

• Snow White says:

I saw several pictures of both president Trump and Melania looking alert and Melania was glaring at something as if saying “Don’t you dare “. Lord protect them and keep them safe.

• BigMamaTEA says:

nwtex, I reviewed the dailymail w/video. I would’ve made the same comment.

FLOTUS looked like a Goddess in that gown; but the look in her eyes (as she was looking left at probably that small group of protesters) said anything BUT something lady-like!!! Around here, we call it The Mom-Eye!!!!

• smiley says:

our First Lady Melania looks more regal than the Regals. 🙂 ❤

FRESH AIR blows into London !

• Lucille says:

“…is reminiscent of a Disney princess…” is not meant as a compliment, you know. That remark is getting much play in video comment sections, and none of it is favorable. Coded diss from the Brit media.

7. nwtex says:

• USA loves Melania says:

That’s funny that you post that, I was just thinking about posting the song Dixie. It’s a great song and there is nothing “racist” about it. I hear it was one of President Lincoln’s favorites. It’s one of my favorites too. I’m no Confederate, all my ancestors that I can trace fought for the Union and I have the pictures of them in their uniforms to prove it but I absolutely love that song.

• USA loves Melania says:

This is a nice upbeat version. There are a lot of variations of the song, some are faster, some slower, some have words a little different. I like it fast, that makes it a lot of fun.

• nwtex says:

Naturally, I’m partial to what Elvis did with that song. I can only play it once in a blue moon tho because of the way he handles it. I can see his face right now as he is singing. He put 1000% of himself into it. Love that man forever XO

• I was 34 years old in 1996 when I first heard American Trilogy- I actually saw it on VH1 one Saturday afternoon. Born in ’62 in Detroit I was a Ted Nugent, Bob Seger fan, and loved the 70s rock. To me Elvis was a character and a joke. BUT when I witnessed the video of him performing the entire medley I stared dumbfounded, and the hairs on my neck stood up. I literally teared up when he sang Glory Glory Hallelujah and I was transformed into an Elvis fan forever.

I love his gospel songs and still find nourishment for my soul listening to them.

• nwtex says:

Singing gospel is what sustained him. You are aware, I’m sure, that after a performance he would regularly go off with the boys and have an impromptu gospel session that would last for hours…..talk about tears in the eyes, my goodness, that does it for me every time. I am transfixed when I watch on utube.
              I love his humorous side as well.

But poor guy, he never had a chance. A prisoner since late teen years. Breaks my heart.

I’m glad that you “found” him. A blessing, for sure.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey nwtex, just perusing all the comments. Your new Gravatar has been replaced throughout the thread. Cool. (and the red color is very striking!)

• nwtex says:

That is funny 😉
        Ya know….. I am so disgusted with the weak capitulating individuals who always acquiesce when one of these type issues comes up.

Why do they remain in this Country if they don’t want to honor it. They keep turning their back. Bunch of weenies!

This is from the DM piece. Oh, a little caveat…I don’t know if he actually said this or not. It is in the article so I’ll just go ahead and post it–>

“The town supervisor said that the song ‘was not deliberately picked’ for the fireworks display”

• amwick says:

Muh outrage…. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• amwick says:

Think about My Old Kentucky Home, it is the theme for the DERBY! Just wait until that is another outrage, even though the lyrics have been modernized…. If any song might seem racist, well, that comes close… Actually it was an anti slavery ballad. hmmmmmmmm…

• BigMamaTEA says:

Apparently for some reason….This bozo (Strzok) is having a Presser according to CNN, today at 11:45amEST!!???

• MIKE says:

It occurred to me this morning, Big Mama, that in all of the 2500+ comments on the Strzok thread yesterday, and on the ensuing political opinion shows, no one mentioned the fact that we did not hear from just one of the “hundreds or thousands of good rank and file FBI agents”, come out and counter psychostroke’s lying testimony. Why not? My point being, if they really wanted to protect their reputation, this would have been a great time to rally and discredit Stroker ace, wouldn’t it? I hope I’m wrong, I confess I didn’t read all the comments or see all of the follow-up commentary, but I tire of hearing how the vast majority of agents are great. It Is parallel to hearing about how Muslimbs are a ‘peaceful people,’ yet they don’t push back at all to defend their supposed peaceful religion.
        It makes me wonder (aloud), here.
        good afternoon to you and all the regs here! have yourselves a stellar week-end!

8. waterside4 says:

You sure got that right! There is much insanity infecting the LEFT. Excuse the shouting.

9. nwtex says:

OMGosh!! I have been thinking of this several times over the past couple of weeks. Then when he began all this travel I just got annoyed everytime I saw the aircraft. Unfortunately, hate to say it and I don’t mean any disrespect, but “weakness” is the image it speaks.
    And now voila!! Hope it happens.

Truth be told the color change came to mind as soon as he announced his run. I was uncomfortable thinking that he would not be able to travel on the gorgeous (“I’m in charge”) Trump airplane for a few years.

The pea brained talking heads will loose their ever lovin’ minds. Wish they could just grow up.

10. Justbill says:

So Rosenstein just sent a request to all 93 US Attorneys asking for each to provide up to 3 prosecutors to work on document vetting for Judge Kavanaugh’s SC nomination. WTH? Has this ever been done before? At the very least, this sounds like a delaying tactic by Democrats. Can you imagine them wanting to vet every single document this guy has ever touched? When is PT going to fire this guy?

• benzy says:

Actually, it is routine for the DOJ to “vet” nominees for the Supreme Court. The call for that many attorneys may be unusual but it is based on the desire to complete the vetting in a rapid and timely manner. As I see it, this actually could help bring the confirmation vote on Kavanaugh more quickly, before the mid-term elections. A delay in the vetting would also mean a delay on voting as Democrats would claim the process was not yet completed.

11. nimrodman says:

Those teens again …

Three Teens Allegedly Taunt 1-Year-Old with Taser, Hit Child in the Head

12. Liked by 2 people

13. nwtex says:

14. nwtex says:

Good grief! .

• DJ says:

Perhaps from all the chemicals in the burning trees, the chemtrails sprayed from planes?

• auscitizenmom says:

It’s a wonder everybody in CA isn’t already dead. They planted oleander plants everywhere, especially on the freeways. Oleander plants are deadly when burned. They also bad to handle without gloves. I wonder if they have anything to do with this?

15. nwtex says:

16. smiley says:

Feds Reopen Emmett Till Murder Case…

July 12, 2018

“The Blood of Emmett Till”, by Timothy B. Tyson, quotes Carolyn Donham as admitting that she lied when she initially claimed that the 14 yr old Till had grabbed her and whistled at her.

…which constitutes “new testimony” prompting the Justice Department to reopen this murder case.

Donham is now in her 80s, living in North Carolina.

more at the link.

17. nwtex says:

18. nwtex says:

Oh, now I see what is going on.

19. Dora says:

‘Parisian.On the Boulevard Saint-Germain’ by Alexander Bolotov (2017)

20. Dora says:

Pictures of that creep are all over the place this morning. Here’s what James Woods thinks of him.

====

James Woods Excoriates “Vermin”, “Disgraced Cheater” Peter Strzok

• smiley says:

remember this scene…

Nicholson’s character seems almost benign compared to Strzok’s scenes yesterday.

can’t wait to see the movie version of that.

21. Peter Strzok says:

In his testimony to Congress, Peter Strzok defended himself by suggesting that if his intention was to stop Trump, it would have been in his interest to leak the existence of the counter-intelligence operation investigating the possible collusion with the Trump campaign and Russia. He stated that he did not leak the existence of the investigation, or have any contact with the members of the media.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/07/12/peter-strzok-just-gave-a-hard-to-rebut-defense-of-the-objectivity-of-the-russia-investigations-origins/

There is a big problem with this defense. Namely, there were media reports on the Trump-Russia collusion investigation before the election.

> The New York Times, Oct. 31, 2016
    > WASHINGTON — For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.

> Hillary Clinton’s supporters, angry over what they regard as a lack of scrutiny of Mr. Trump by law enforcement officials, pushed for these investigations. In recent days they have also demanded that James B. Comey, the director of the F.B.I., discuss them publicly, as he did last week when he announced that a new batch of emails possibly connected to Mrs. Clinton had been discovered.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Not only does this NYT article expose the existence of the investigation, it goes further to state that there were “Hillary Clinton’s supporters” who “pushed for these investigations” and demanded that the investigation be made public.

Additional media reports from before the election:

Peter Strzok gains no credibility from keeping the investigation secret, if he knew that there were others who would leak in his stead. He must’ve known there were, if he simply read one of these news articles referenced here.

22. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:”
    Exodus 33:22 (KJV)

23. smiley says:

Deep in the Canyon

oil/canvas

ca 2008

Cody DeLong ~ American (Arizona) ~ Contemporary~ Modern Impressionism

on location

🙂

24. nwtex says:

Italy forces new standoff, refuses to let migrants disembark
    18 hours ago

Italy’s transport minister says the tug reported that some of the migrants made “death threats” against the crew.

25. nwtex says:

Sweet story ❤

Rescue Dog’s Best Friend In The Whole World Is A Brick.
    They're growing up together
    06/04/2018

26. nikkichico7 says:

Philippians 2:9-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
    9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

🌹

27. nwtex says:

awwww precious.

Cat’s Absolute Favorite Toy In The World Is Carrots
    03/23/2018

“Ben does not eat the carrots but rather cuddles the carrots and rubs them and sometimes he naps with them.”

28. nwtex says:

29. nwtex says:

30. PotP says:

Look who the American Federation of Teachers invited to speak at their convention!

“The convention officially began Thursday night, with keynote presentations from Clinton, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren set to take place before it wraps up Monday.”

It’s like a mini-DNC convention :p

• skeinster says:

Reason # 513,947 to HomeSchool, as my Trad Cath Blogger friend says…

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well goodie. Thanks PotP. Wonder what they got paid to speak? Ya’ know, I’m sure it’s a real struggle for the Hilldabeast to fly commercial!!! BWHAhahahahahahah!

I so hope Hilldabeast runs in 2020! She looks bad though. Not sure she could keep up with another campaign schedule.

31. Dora says:

Wow! Never saw Michael Voris so upset.

You tell ’em Michael!

32. smiley says:

Trump In UK + What The BBC Won’t Tell You ~ Five Facts…..

July 13, 2018

{video}

33. Dora says:

For all you fans. Like me:-)

• smiley says:

goodie 😀

Maggie Smith steals the show (as always), imo…absolutely love her.

BTW, Dora…maybe you’ve already seen it…but, if not, I highly recommend the movie Gosford Park…

Maggie Smith is in it…a whodunnit set in a British country estate during the 20s..

very amusing but also a good mystery…well-cast…surprise ending.

34. Bill says:

Tis a Beautiful Fry-Day the 13th, I wonder what unlucky swamp critter will fry today!

35. Sentient says:

I was just daydreaming and had a happy thought. What if Ruth Bader Ginsburg went to meet her Maker this Nov 6 about 1/2 hour after all of the polls closed and Republicans were adding to their Senate majority by 5-6 members?

36. Mr. T. says:

Drudge just posted this at the top of their page. “DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL ROSENSTEIN TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT… DEVELOPING… ” I certainly hope it’s about indictments for people conspiring to take down our POTUS.

37. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has just announced a Press Briefing for 11:45am today, 7/13/18. At this point what he has in mind is anybody’s guess . . .

Meanwhile – M A G A

38. skeinster says:

Re: public outrage over, well, everything- an excellent article by John Horvat:

Just got back from Los Angeles- saw anti-Trump things posted in public that would have gotten people arrested in the Obama years. But driving there and back, we saw a lot of God’s majestic handwork and ran into many fine everyday people. There are so many more of us than they can imagine.
    Good to be back in the Treehouse.

39. Dora says:

I love it! 🙂

40. BigMamaTEA says:

41. BigMamaTEA says:

42. nwtex says:

43. smiley says:

Rosenstein Press Conference…

44. BigMamaTEA says:

As I begin to go back through the Hearing from yesterday……https://youtu.be/pkJDo17_Ydk -(sorry haven’t mastered exact splicing of you tube vids yet)

Here is something important Louie Gohmert said at the start of this vid. to about 4min in (before demonrats started interfering to deflect, so the swamp media…..)

Here I transcribe…….

“……Gohmert: You said earlier in this hearing you were concerned about a hostile foreign power affecting the election. Do you recall the former Intelligence Community Inspector General Chuck McCullough having an investigation into an anomaly found on Hillary Clinton’s emails?

Let me refresh your memory. The Intelligence Community Inspector General Chuck McCullough sent his investigator Frank Rucker along with an IGIC attorney Janette McMillan to brief you and Dean Chapelle and two other FBI personnel who I won’t name at this time, about an anomaly they had found on Hillary Clinton’s emails that were going to the private unauthorized server that you were supposed to be investigating?”

“Strzok: I remember meeting Mr. Rucker on either one or two occasions. I do not recall the specific content or discussions.”

“Gohmert: Mr. Rucker reported to those of you, the four of you there, in the presence of the ICIG attorney, that they had found this anomaly on Hillary Clinton’s emails going through their private server, and when they had done the forensic analysis, they found that her emails, every single one except four, over 30,000, were going to an address that was not on the distribution list. It was a compartmentalized bit of information that was sending it to an unauthorized source. Do you recall that?”

“Strzok: Sir, I don’t.”

“Gohmert: He went on the explain it. And you didn’t say anything, you thanked him, you shook his hand. The problem is it was going to an unauthorized source that was a foreign entity unrelated to Russia and from what you’ve said here, you did nothing more than nod and shake the man’s hand when you didn’t seem to be all that concerned about our national integrity of our election when it was involving Hillary Clinton. So the forensic examination was done by the ICIG ­ and they can document that ­ but you were given that information and you did nothing with it. And one of the things I found most egregious with Mr. Horowitz’s testimony, and ­ by the way Mr. Horowitz got a call four times from someone wanting to brief him about this, and he never returned the call.”