The Older You Get The Longer You Pray…

I don’t often indulge in reflection… but when I do, well, y’all are welcome to come along.  Decades of living with one foot in a flip-flop and the other in a wingtip lends itself to a rather odd set of life-skills and friendships.

Tonight I celebrate a series of Trumpian winnamins with a comfy cigar, and hat-tip at sunset to all y’all.  Having lived every.single.line of these two songs, and still planning on sliding in sideways to the pearly gates: ‘wow, whatta ride‘, well, no greater love. True.

Cheers.  All y’all pirates.

Be back later.

Bathing in the glory of MAGA winning, and being so unbelievably thankful, so thankful, is like:

This entry was posted in Treehouse Campfire, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

348 Responses to The Older You Get The Longer You Pray…

1. Pat Frederick says:

if today’s your birthday, I hope it’s awesome!
    You have a gift for blowing away the chaff and exposing the kernel of truth within and for that I so so grateful!
    I admire your style and your stamina!
    Cheers!

2. rrick says:

I know today is someone’s birfday where I am. Someone very close to me. Very close.

• clive hoskin says:

My favorite is”Something About a Boat”and my wife loves”It’s Five O’clock Somewhere”He still pulls the women”Like Bees to Honey”and they wouldn’t have it any other way!!!!

3. Tonawanda says:

Somehow I am not surprised at every single line.

4. Every day since finding the Tree House I stop here first relishing the articles & Treepers’ posts. This community is the best anywhere. You, Sundance, are one of my favorite truth tellers. Living in the land of flip-flop wearers for so many years, saluting each sunset on my lanai (no cigar though) I reflect on what an incredible time it is to be alive. I’ve always been a glass-half-full person, but DJT has caused that glass to overflow with hope, happiness & courage. When deep state creatures creep out of the woodwork doing their evil start to make me waver, coming here to keep a balanced outlook is good medicine. It keeps me on the right “thought path.” I know many battles are ahead & the evil is fighting hard to wreak havoc, but celebrating how far we’ve come is so important. Thank you for all you do & thanks to all the Treepers who have come to be folks I look forward to hearing from daily.

5. smiley says:

happy birthday 😀

• Rodney Weed says:

Thank you Sundance for all you do. You are a blessed man.

• Bruce Fauth says:

This parrot head just loves those song choices and yes, so much more from Jimmy. Cheeseburgers anyone?

Hoping to see Jimmy again sometime in concert. Don’t know if I’ll get a chance. He is 71 (birthday on Christmas day) and he ends this year’s tour in Paris next month. One can well imagine as biographer Ryan White noted of him, closing the show with (of course) “He went to Paris” and forever end his public performing with the last line of that song, “I’ve had a good life all the way”, say thanks and fade into the sunset.

Anyway, off to see the lizard. Actually off to work but what the heck.

6. msMS says:

XOXOXO

7. Papoose says:

Wow. This was fun.

Love Frampton. Bicentennial Summer of ’76 in the Cradle of Liberty. Show me the way.

8. Gary says:

Best Wishes to you Sundance, with many many more to follow. You are an inspiration to so many but speaking for myself…You’ve given me the strength to run a hundred miles long in this fight without ever tiring or feeling a need to look back. We will win this, and we will do it with resolute honor and respect for everything “we” stand for.

You planted a seed…look what it’s grown into.

9. Wow! My soul needed “A Pirate Looks at Forty” this morning. That is my favorite Buffet song. As an old parrot head who grew up on the Gulf Coast, Jimmy Buffet has provided much of the background music of my happiest memories! I remember being in Keystone,CO night-skiing when everyone on the lift starting singing “Cheeseburger in Paradise”. I’ve seen him perform in so many locations and venues, but I remember seeing him in the 80’s when he had a full gospel choir touring with him – what a show! My second favorite song is “One Particular Harbor” -enjoy!

10. sat0422 says:

If it’s your birthday, that would make you born under the Zodiac sign Cancer. That’s my world also and explains a lot about a person.

11. USARose says:

You must be from my era. I wore out that Frampton album back in the day. The Buffet song has always been a favorite. Another favorite is Come Monday. Thanks for the memories. Enjoyed the blast from the past. Cheers!

• sat0422 says:

I’m not trying to rain on this parade and I grew up loving Buffet, but didn’t he support Hillary for President? Me thinks he did. Hopefully he has seen daylight at 5:00 o’clock somewhere by now.

12. BigDaveLA says:

The only problem with the Buffett videos is I miss Greg “Fingers” Taylor on the harp. Man, that guy could wail on that harp. Unfortunately, Fingers is suffering from Alzheimer’s and is not doing well.

13. steph_gray says:

Sundance, if it really was your birthday yesterday – then a very happy birthday to the best political maven on all of the Interwebs! 🎈🎁🎉🎂🍦

And a huge thank you for this wonderful site. I’m proudly screen-addicted to it.

14. zed757 says:

Sundance, you ARE an INSPIRATION to me and I am pushing 50! There have been very few people who have helped shape and form and guide my political stance in my life. Of course Washington and Lincoln, just because they are our GREATEST AMERICANS AND PEOPLE and what they did for our country, then came Reagan who enhanced my patriotism at 10, then came Trump – I KNEW HE WAS THE ONE, I KNEW IT, and I found you in early 2015 – THANK GOD! I place you in that group, and I wanted you to know that and how much your writing has meant to me politically now. I mean that with all of my heart, I really do. You are simply BRILLIANT. Thank you for what you do and I PRAY you keep doing it for a LONG TIME! I apologize for the caps and exclamation points. P.S. I have to tell you HOW MUCH I LOVED the Hollywood Square updates as candidates left the race – BEST THING OF THE CAMPAIGN TO ME. God Bless America, God Bless Sundance, and God Bless the Tree!

• KimmyK says:

Like!
      Happy Birthday Sundance!
      You are truly a gifted writer, researcher and reporter and we are so blessed to be able to come here! I don’t post much, but I read often and the Treehouse is such an awesome place!
      May God bless you, America, the treehouse and all the treepers!
      MAGA!!!

15. Garrison Hall says:

As long as you’re taking a measure of things I’d say y’all done pretty damn good, Sundance. And there’s plenty more to come, dude. Good on ‘ya!

16. nikkichico7 says:

God bless you Sundance abundantly …. always

You’re a gift …. and I’m thankful for you …. 🌹🤨👍❗️

The other day a man asked me what I thought was the best time of life. “Why,” I answered without a thought, “now.” David Grayson

Whatever with the past has gone,
    The best is always yet to come.
    -Lucy Larcom

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Psalm 1:1-3
    The Way of the Righteous and the End of the Ungodly
    1 Blessed is the man
    Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
    Nor stands in the path of sinners,
    Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
    2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    And in His law he meditates day and night.
    3 He shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
    And whatever he does shall prosper.

17. Avery Burns says:

Arrrrgggg Davey me lad.
    It’s a pirates’ life for me.

It was supposed to be short and sweet but I continue to survive.

18. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

God bless you Sundance, and Happy Birthday. Many happy returns.

19. Ballard says:

Oh, Happy Birthday to you! Wishing you all the good. And thank you for your admirable and courageous service.

20. dogsmaw says:

Eze 17:22 — Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:

21. Kent says:

…and the longer the songs get..

it’s been such a long time

yet it seems like only yesterday……

It WAS only yesterday…