Monday June 25th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

208 Responses to Monday June 25th – Open Thread

1. amwick says:

I just got a funny phone call. I won a raffle at the home and garden show.. Free dinner at my house for up to 5 couples.. and a cooking demonstration.. Plus we win knives.. inscribed….

So June 30 they are coming… to cook and have some fun…. I hope this isn’t a trick. :/

2. Lucille says:

I used to watch this show all the time when the TV was still in use at my house…scripted, of course, but fun nonetheless….

Pawn Stars patriarch Richard Harrison who went by the name Old Man on the reality TV show dies at age 77. The Navy veteran was the highlight of the History Channel show Pawn Stars.

3. Lucille says:

From 11 years ago and still valid but situation vastly deteriorated…

Victor D. Hanson: The 4 Groups that Benefit from Illegal Immigration
    October 29, 2007

4. Sandra-VA says:

Lauren Southern has filmed a documentary about the plight of the Afrikaners in South Africa – it is pretty good, and also a very sobering look at what happens in a country that has no middle ground:

I feel very bad for these people and cannot imagine what it must be like.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Mandela wasn’t such a good planner….or was he? Remember what a criminal his wife Winnie was? Yeah, these people are all about what they can take. It was never about skin color, it was always about money. How much money they can beg, borrow or steal? Most SA blacks are as broke in the same crime ridden areas since they ended Apartheid. not much has changed for the population. But the politicians and crooked bureaucrats made mega bucks! Snicker….people never learn, do they? Suckers.

Remind me when the South African government took their guns…..and then how soon after the South African government took their land. There are going to be a lot of dead Dutch people and desolate, broke-azzed, unprofitable farms all across South Africa. The beggars will call it “drought”…..let ’em starve.

We send South Africa aid.

We should stop sending them aid. They’re racisssssssssssssssst.

• Janie M. says:

Donna, there was a site I found some years ago which addressed the plight of the white Afrikaners, I was horrified. In one instance, after butchering the parents, the black Africans boiled their baby in a big pot. I also recalled a story where a group murdered the owners of a farm and seized the land. A year later, the land lies fallow because NONE of them knew the first thing about farming. These Afrikaners to me are true refugees but what have we been flooded with?

• Sandra-VA says:

Did you watch the documentary? It is quite good and worth a watch.

5. petepokyhomt says:

Six shopping months until Christmas! Shop early for my gift for the best selection!

6. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

7. Thank you Mark!! This is by far one of the sweetest and most thoughtful things anyone has done for me. I sincerely mean that. A while back I was trained as a professional custom framer (not my current career) so I understand the value of your time and effort that was used to create this and I am so grateful for good people like you. I also love the poem but I forgot to mention it in my Tweet. I’m sorry for that. This was such a wonderful surprise right before my trip, thank you again. You are wonderful!! 🙂 🙂

8. Spar Harmon says:

cth is not sending me posts
    whatsup????????

• BigMamaTEA says:

Spar…..there is a setting in you WordPress Reader for that I think. IF you are logged into Uncle WP…..you should see a black bar at the top of the page. On the left it says with a giant W – My site. then moving to the right……it should say Reader. Click on that, it brings up a menu. Click on followed sites. (make sure you are set up to receive emails from CTH)