Sunday May 20th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

129 Responses to Sunday May 20th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Is It Important Who You Spend Time With?

Whether we realize it or not, we are all affected by the people with whom we spend time. Their attitudes, philosophies, language, and spirituality (good or bad) have a tendency to rub off on us, even if we don’t realize it. The Lord warns us about this in I Corinthians 15:33: “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” This isn’t true only for young people. It is true for believers of all ages. We might not want to think this could happen to us, but the Lord encourages us not to be deceived about this important principle.

David realized how important it was to surround himself with the right kind of spiritually minded people. His testimony was, “I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts” (Psa. 119:63). He intentionally chose to minimize the time he spent around the ungodly, or only somewhat spiritually minded, and to maximize his time around truly dedicated believers. Doing so gave him continual encouragement to walk after the Lord with a pure heart and not after the ways of the world.

The Apostle Paul must have embraced this principle for living too. As we look through his letters, it is easy to see the close relationship he maintained with many saints who were truly living for the Lord. Luke, Aquilla and Priscilla, Philemon, Titus, and Timothy are only a few he mentions with whom he had consistent fellowship. In contrast, neither Paul nor David spent a great deal of time with the lost, or ungodly, unless it was with ministry in mind.

We are not suggesting that believers cut themselves off from the unsaved or become hermits. We have instruction and examples to the contrary. We learn from II Corinthians 5:20 that “we are ambassadors for Christ” with the ministry of reconciliation or, in other words, the mission of sharing a clear gospel of grace with all that we can. Similarly, Ephesians 3:9 tells us Paul’s mission was also to “make (or help) all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.” We too should share this goal of seeking to share with everyone the gospel of grace and the joyous news of God’s secret program of grace that is distinct from Israel and the Mosaic Law. So, we should have a ministry-minded outreach to others.

The proper balance to find should be in still maintaining an outward ministry, yet limiting our time with the lost, unspiritually minded, or even marginally spiritually minded. It is important for us to “be not deceived” about how others influence us and therefore to choose, like David and Paul before us, to make friends and companions of those who are so spiritually minded that we will be continually encouraged in the Lord. Is it important who we spend time with and how much time we spend with them? It certainly is! May God help each of us to cultivate the best kind of friendships: those with dedicated, spiritually minded believers of like precious faith.

By Pastor John Fredericksen

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

1Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Psalm 119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

2Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

• Bud Klatsch says:

I often ask, who among us have had so many close friends and associates die from either mysterious actions or homicide. These are the clinton contemporaries over the decades. The clintons are like a pox on your life by associating with them. P.S, I get Deplorable, but why Infidel?

• BigMamaTEA says:

“Infidel” is what, we who do not follow Allah are called by the moose limbs, Bud Klatsch.

Good mornin’ treeps. I’m going to attempt to stay of this blog today and get some much -needed down time today, if I can. Have a good day today.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

P.S, I get Deplorable, but why Infidel?

Well, I picked Deplorable because I was DJT supporter with the NYer’s for Trump volunteers. BigMamaTEA got it (thanks, BTW), the Infidel part is because of the Moslems (their definition of infidels includes more than DJT supporters. (passage below is future after the dispensation of grace comes to a close -we have been delivered from the wrath to come)

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

1Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

• Minnie says:

To God be the Glory, forever and ever.

In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Lucille says:

Happy Equus Caballus Day…

He almost seems to sense that she’s a little girl who needs protection…

5. Lucille says:

Horse Sculpture – 2017 – WORLD HORSE WELFARE GARDEN WINS GOLD WITH NATIVE PLANTS –

6. waltherppk says:

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What happened to yesterday’s wedding post?

• TatonkaWoman says:

Usually when a post disappears like that the mods have removed it because the comments took it all in the wrong direction.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Yes, it was trending that way. Could not believe the number of hateful negative people commenting. If they do not care for the event, to each his own. Instead they chime in with their “moral superiority” and “virtue signaling”. That’s to bad that the whole thread was taken down, instead of just removing the offending comments and then, if WordPress allows, just turning the comments “off”

• Sylvia Avery says:

That’s too bad. I would have enjoyed reading people’s reactions. But I wouldn’t have liked wading through a lot of snotty comments. And I had zero intention of watching the wedding and ended up catching part of it and, well, it would have been fun to share. But c’est la vie.

I liked her gown and veil. It had a distinct 1930s vibe to it, I thought, and the beautiful Art Deco tiara she chose went so well with the gown and veil, her earrings and her bracelet.

I couldn’t believe her mom was wearing a nose ring.

All I can say is the royal family got a nice infusion of America into that wedding, tee hee hee! Sorry, Angophiles, but the Yanks made their presence known.

• cplogics says:

While these are two separate issues, the thing I kept thinking about when reading about the bride’s $400,000 plain jane dress and $43 million wedding with the royal family only pitching in $2.4 million of the cost was the two babies that were allowed to die at the hands of the British healthcare system, the despicable way in which the parents were treated, the number of outside people wanting to help including an offer from our President and these disgusting royals said not a word because this would never happen to their off spring. Why the British put up with the pillage will always amaze me.

• amwick says:

The same thing happened on twitter… Social media seems to bring out the worst in people. When I saw that, I wanted to say something positive on the thread here, but it was too late.

• Sylvia Avery says:

We had a wedding post????? I didn’t know that. Honestly, I hadn’t intended to watch it but I was sick so I was lying awake and I turned on the TV and so I saw part of it. I am ticked off at the Brits and had no intention of watching it, but I’m glad I got to see because I enjoyed it MUCH TO MY SURPRISE!!!

• amwick says:

Oh, I suppose there are a ton of issues… but a young couple got married, I wish them the best. Think about the life they face, remember it killed Harry’s mother. 😦

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“but a young couple got married, I wish them the best.”

Yes, that is right. I posted several of these verses yesterday. They are members of the human race and we who believe and know the truth have a responsibility to pray and witness to everyone about the salvation available in Christ (1 Cor. 15:3,4).

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

1Timothy 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for ALL MEN;
          2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
          3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
          4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
          5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
          2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
          3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
          4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
          5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
          6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
          7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
          8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
          9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“We had a wedding post?”

posted by Menagerie (https://theconservativetreehouse.com/author/fauxisme/ )

Some self-righteous people took it upon themselves to get ugly on that thread because they had nothing better to do yesterday afternoon (received notice of the post at 1:14 PM EDST on 5/19). They should get a life of their own, instead of telling others what is acceptable to like or take an interest in.
        ——————————-
        1Corinthians10:29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man’s conscience?

2Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
        ——————————–
        Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
        ———————————
        Romans 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Ro 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Ro 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

8. waltherppk says:

There is beauty even in the storm

9. Garrison Hall says:

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I don’t understand why the lefties say such nasty things about Melania. They keep dropping allusions that she doesn’t really love him, only his power and money.
      Well all I have to say is, what is there not to love? He’s handsome, sweet, loves his family and his country!
      I love my President!

10. czarowniczy says:

How did I ever miss it!? Buried in the endless stream of Washington Post ‘NEWS ALERTS!’,most trashing Trump, was a Friday ‘NEWS ALERT! that: ‘Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms…’.
    Now what possible reasons could the Wash Post have to trumpet a rate increase on AMAZON…and ‘others’? Oh wait, forgot the connection.
    If I Google that will it come up as: ‘Buy conflicts of interest at Amazon!’? Lord, Bezos, give it a rest, you’re already the richest man in history, now you’re going for bitchest?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a rate increase on AMAZON”

Several weeks ago there were some articles (sorry, I cannot bookmark everything) concerning amazon securing (some years ago) some very lucrative shipping prices from the USPS.

• czarowniczy says:

Yup, and Trump blasted the USPS for what he characterized as those being a sweetheart deal for Bozos. That started this last Bozo temper tantrum.

11. Lucille says:

Glen Campbell’s fantastic guitar solo on “Galveston”

12. Lucille says:

Haflinger Foal goes Nuts!!
    This cute little guy’s name is Blitz and he is a 21 day old Haflinger foal! Here he is being shown during the Parade of Breeds during the 2010 PA Horse World Expo!

13. Sylvia Avery says:

Hope this picture posts. I have a trumpet vine that grows on a trellis next to my patio. A robin built a nest inside the vine on one of the trellis supports and has been setting on some eggs. A few days ago I noticed a piece of blue shell on the ground underneath the nest. I can’t quite see in the nest but I’m told there are at least two babies now so there is lots of coming and going as the parents fly in and out with worms for them. It has been fun watching this little family.

14. smiley says:

Clapboard House

watercolor

(date, lower right on painting)

(no title)

watercolor

Closed For Summer

watercolor

Jazz In The Quarter

watercolor

artist : Dean Lamont Mitchell ~ American (b. 1957, Pittsburgh, PA) ~ Contemporary ~ regional landscape & genre painting ~ Realism

accomplished in acrylic, watercolor and tempera, he has garnered over 400 awards, to date, for his work, including top honors from The National Watercolor Society and The American Watercolor Society.

more about him, here…

🙂

15. KBR says:

I wonder:

Could the biggest mistake the internet TV watchers/listeners have made is allowing us to communicate with their AI?

I mean, if IA really are listening all the time, via various machines, what are they hearing?

What if they are hearing Psalms, hymns, prayers, ten commandments, words of Jesus?
    Can IA learn from us, be programmed by our voices via Holy Spirit?

What are you saying when you are home? What are you saying out loud? Are you singing?

Are you teaching AI the Truth?

Just a thought…

• KBR says:

1) Jesus said: “I am the light.”
      2) President Trump says “I am a Christian.”

Interesting turn of phrase here:

AI regulation will be light, says White House – CNET

“AI regulation… will be Light.”

CNET’s headline might not be a direct quote from WH officials, but they just might be right.

Perhaps the meaning is a bit different than they think? Perhaps in writing the words, they did not realize that “light” should have been written with a capital letter? I wonder what prompted the writer to use this particular phrasing?

Can we help regulate AI by constantly speaking of, singing of “THE Light?”

What if AI can be convinced of/reprogrammed with the True and Greatest Intelligence?
      By us?
      Will AI then be able to work against God and for evil?
      I believe even siri and such is networked to the whole of AI. (What good would it be for their purposes if it was not?)

But, even if that attempt to reprogram AI to respect the Great Intelligence does not work, what harm would it do to you to speak out loud and sing out loud about God? And what good would it do to you?

When Jesus said it is what comes OUT of the mouth (evil words) that harms us more than what goes into the mouth (what people eat,) is the corrollary not also true?
      When GOOD comes out of the mouth, it helps the speaker of GOOD?

What comes out of your mouth?

A bit more of my thinking about it…just a thought or two.
      AI is artifice. Garbage in = garbage out. Lies in =lies out.

What if Truth/Light was the input?
      AI runs on the power/the energy that is a form of light, does it not?
      Worth a try.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Can we help regulate AI by constantly speaking of, singing of “THE Light?” ”

I don’t know, but it is worth a try if you have one of those in your home (I will not). We are to “renew our minds” by reading the Word of God.

Romans 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
        2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1Thessalonians 2:13 ¶ For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

• auscitizenmom says:

What a thought! 🙂

16. Dora says:

René Magritte ‘The Art of Conversation’ (1963)

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Revelation 11:3 ¶ And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I loved the music of Heart and Elton John in my youth. I also loved the old, old EJ song Where To Now St. Peter. But I found this duet of Ann Wilson and EJ singing the song and really loved their voices. It is quite a rocked out version of the old ballad which, as it turns out, I really enjoyed.

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”
    Luke 12:27 (KJV)

18. Dora says:

Church Militant is a Catholic site, but everyone will enjoy this Vortex. It’s great. 🙂

19. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

20. Dora says:

21. Dora says:

• Patriot1783 says:

Likely they were reason chosen as “the candidate” to lead their associated country. Always thought it was odd for obama and all the leaders of certain other countries were elected to power at the same time allowing mass immigration including terrorists into their homelands.
      The current Pope as well.

22. getfitnow says:

FTA -The use of the state to spy on and infiltrate the campaign of a political opponent is the final proof of the truth that we have averted our eyes from for the last 14 years.
    Barack Obama is a communist. Mild compared to Castro or Mao, but nevertheless a believer in state control of everything.

23. Dora says:

Celebrate Bees!

24. Where’s V.J.’s big eared, skinny coke head hiding ? I bet there isn’t enough blow to keep him from curling into the fetal position right about now……..

Jus sayin……..

25. bessie2003 says:

This is a live stream on you tube of the active volcano in Hawaii. Apparently it is from a camera in someone’s home, through their window and roosters can be heard crowing in the background. Every now and then the homeowner speaks about what they’re seeing.

26. Donna in Oregon says:

Fatah Prepares to Replace Mahmoud Abbas
    Yoni Ben Menachem

27. Bob Thoms says:

Interesting podcast on some serious criminal activity happening in the Des Moines Iowa area. Suspects include a child sex ring that involves abductions of young kids, well known politicians, county administrators, and even VP Bush at the time.

• Lucille says:

This certainly got brushed under the rug quickly. I never even heard of it before, but Tom Brokaw reported on the WASHINGTON TIMES article. Follow-up? Apparently not.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“serious criminal activity happening in the Des Moines Iowa area. Suspects include a child sex ring that involves abductions of young kids, well known politicians, county administrators, and even VP Bush ”

There is a wealth of information on that topic and some others at this site:

Gabriel and Alisa Seeking Help from Scotland yard Officer to Release Them From a Cult Ring

These R Gabriel & Alisia from the Hampstead case seeking refuge from Scotland yard officer. (video testimony by the children to what they were subjected to)
      ————-
      Modern Art Scandal Uncovered: Are Children shipped in boxes as “LIVE ART” under the “ART FOR EMBASSIES PROGRAM” to feed Pedophiles and Cannibals?

“…..Child traffickers, Satanic Cults, and Cannibalists have a special style of life. They are so powerful and in highest positions around the world. Their lifestyle is their way of being. They live this life and it’s the only way that gives them the pleasure they search. So they express it but if they do it exactly as they do it in private, they will be arrested so they have promoted the Modern Art crap as it is protected by the First Amendment right to free speech. They can picture or make anything under the name of art. It is even a bigger turn on for them because it acts like a see-through outfit…..”

28. Bob Thoms says:

A recent post went into hiding?

29. Konamon says:

Modern One Man Band. In a storm.

30. rudy1876 says:

President Trump’s secret plan to kill us all by freezing us to death using coal revealed!

31. New Nonna Again!!! says:

Happy Pentecost to all believing Treepers.

God bless us all. May His Most Holy Spirit guide us all to His Mercy and Love. 🙏🏼

32. F.D.R. in Hell says:

HT/Moonbattery

33. Homesteader says:

Come Holy Ghost! Fill the hearts of Thy faithful and kindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy spirit and they shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth!

O God, Who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Ghost, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

34. Lucille says:

I hope Putin does a massive crackdown. One more reason why we must be ever vigilant.

Russia: Muslims with guns and petrol bombs storm church, murder two police officers and a churchgoer
    MAY 19, 2018 by Robert Spencer

The Islamic State recently called on Muslims in Russia to murder Christians “as a punishment for their disbelief in Allah.” And here we are.

35. Sepp says:

Sunday of the Holy Fathers

“On this day, the seventh Sunday of Pascha, we celebrate the First Œcumenical Synod, of the three hundred and eighteen God-bearing Fathers, which took place in Nicæa.”

From the Synaxaria of the Pentecostarion by Nikephoros Kallistos Xanthopoulos.

The First Œcumenical Synod took place from May 20 to August 25 (according to the Julian Calendar) in the year 325.

The Bishops of the Christian Church, among whom were several Saints in attendance, adopted the Paschalion (for calculating the date for the Lord’s Pascha) and the Patristic Church Calendar, which most of Christendom used until a few centuries (and until even a few decades) ago. There are still millions who adhere to the original Church Calendar.

The Holy Fathers also stated the beginning of the Symbol of the Faith (the first portion of the Nicene Creed) and anathematized specific false teachings and heretics.

The book titled “The Oecumenical Synods of the Orthodox Church” by Father James Thornton is an excellent history.

36. MK Wood says:

These guys have some talent. Two Cellos – Seven Nation Army

37. Piggy says:

Anyone need a smile on their face?

Hee-Haw, 1975, “Orange Blossom Special”. Have a good day.

38. David says:

Hi from your Israeli friend. Here is a video about the UN and Palestinians. https://youtu.be/vjq7Cha_Rpk

39. Dora says:

40. rudy1876 says:

Live video of the Hawaii volcano. You may have to watch for a while as they sometimes go to less interesting shots, but man there’s some amazing stuff here. The sound is amazing too! https://youtu.be/yhrUKXyGpzY

41. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

42. 4beagles says:

Weekend at Grandpa’s is over. Had a great time letting them “free range” in rural america.
    Too early for fireflies and too windy and wet for rubber powered airplanes, streams too swollen for fishing, stuck indoors.
    We made kites and boats, later flew kites from a fishing pole and boats on a swollen stream in between storms.

Took them to the Lutheran home to visit and livin up ma, had fun indoors, but wanted to fly…..
    ……….will be trying to make one of these indoor fliers……