May 16th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #482

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,375 Responses to May 16th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #482

1. Pam says:

2. Pam says:

• treehouseron says:

Roseanne said it’s not dialed back, it’s going to be even more.

• Sneaky Pete says:

Can’t figure out if Roseanne is for real. If she is, why is she so tolerated by Hollywood? I fear that she’s reprising Caroll O’Connor’s role as Archie–the likeable “racist dimwit” whose values became the laughingstock of a generation. He knew exactly what he was doing to destroy traditional America. I sometimes think Roseanne can be doing the exact same thing. She has been tweeting Q and pro-Israel stuff,and complaining online about being shadow-banned. It all sounds good but I don’t know.

• Sandra-VA says:

That was quite a sneaky post, Sneaky Pete.

Now that you have injected the lefty trope, what do you actually think of the show?

• Albertus Magnus says:

WTG, Sandra!

Concern trolls are ALL OVER CTH today!

• Sneaky Pete says:

P**s off dumbo! Every site has its nanny. Thanks for saying hi.

• Albertus Magnus says:

LOL. And every big baby and concern troll NEEDS a nanny.

#WeAreMAGAHere

Albertus Minimus

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Did you time your meds wrong?

Now, go find a safe place, sulk for a while, make a cup of tea, have a good swear, and return to normality.

If you’re frustrated, get on the horn and light up your lazy-a$$ed Congress Critters.
                  Flaming here will brook you no comfort, nor will it solve anything.

If anything, Roseanne is one of Hollyweird’s “token conservatives”. They’re tolerated, and even supported, because they bring in money. LOTS of it.

And Money (as well as Satan) is their God. I know that. I lived there. And some of my (many years ago) former roommates are spewing the drivel the proles watch. Sad.
                  But instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle. And if it warms up a Congress Critter or DEMONcRAT or RINO, so much the better…

• joshua says:

Snarky Leak…what a brilliant reparte

• Sneaky Pete says:

And your interest in this argument is what? Ok Josh. Uncle. I love Roseanne. I hope she runs for President in 2020. I’m sorry you heard something you didn’t like to hear. I will refrain from invading your protected space.

• Sneaky Pete says:

I didn’t see the new show. Don’t have TV. Saw much of the old show.Thought it was funny and I liked her.

• Sandra-VA says:

So, if you haven’t seen the show why did you post what you did?

She is attempting to portray an American family in the light of current issues… which is the CNN/MSNBC depiction vs reality.

Your post included the derision being directed at Roseanne from the left.

If you can, try to find some episodes online and then decide if your post was accurate.

• Sneaky Pete says:

well i read about it obviously. i have no clue what the left says about roseanne. what i say about her is what I believe.

And probably the main reason I said what I said is because I don’t recall big Hollywood Roseanne being a vocal opponent of Obama. Maybe she did and I missed it. I try NOT to listen to anyone from Hollywood. But while people like me without any connections and any clout whatsoever have to keep our traps shut about liberals and Obama in order to stay in our jobs and in our schools and have peace with our neighbors, big shots like Roseanne and Romney keep quiet. So if I’m wrong about Roseanne, and she’s America’s greatest patriot,then I apologize. And I apologize if you love her. But I still don’t know her motives well enough to jump on board any Roseanne bandwagon. Clear enough?

• Sandra-VA says:

I don’t “love her”, but I do like the fact that she has the guts to say what she thinks.

Oh, she said stuff about Obama 😉

Anyway, you don’t watch her show, so no point discussing it 😀

• Sneaky Pete says:

Would be nice if we could click on the poster’s name and see all their posts. That way we could see if they’re worth reading, responding to, what they believe, or if they have any tricks up their sleeve.

• Deb says:

Sneaky Pete-

It’s not hard to get to know the regular posters. Sandra is a regular. You sound like a troll. If you truly aren’t a troll and wish to continue posting, observe how things are done. But I happen to think you are a troll.

• joshua says:

Clearly you never had any books either. but I bet you play games on a cellphone.

• Sneaky Pete says:

Josh do you say anything about issues? Do you talk about Korea, or Q, or the coup or that kind of stuff? Or just the ad hominem stuff? I truly don’t even understand what you just said.

• NJF says:

I’m enjoying it. Last night was very good. Related to opioid issues. Political w/o being R vs D slant.

As far as I can tell she’s been pro POTUS for quite awhile.

• cozette says:

Roseanne fought hard during the election to defeat Hillary and elect Trump. She was way more supportive than any Republicans I can think of. Her tweets were often featured on reddit the Donald. Now she follows Q and is on the 8ch.net/qresearch board. She is a huuuge positive for the MAGA Movement as is Kanye/CandaceO and former Bernie Bro and Progressive icon, H A Goodman who is urging his followers to vote straight Republican in 2018 and to support Trump in 2020. Things are happening that are momentous and Roseanne was on the forefront.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Sandra….Boom…Target Hit….nice

• Sneaky Pete says:

Jesus another dummy. Is it a weekday thing?

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

No, it’s just to pull folks out from under the bridge.

Good for your health, and all…

• Sneaky Pete says:

I’m guessing you’re thinking you’re somehow protecting your buddies here. You are way out of line. My opinion is mine. You should have butted-out. You too are acting like a special snowflake, triggered because I dare to disagree with you, or perhaps more likely because you think it’s fun. But it’s good to know who has the narrow minds here. So thanks for playing.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Guess again cupcake.

I don’t “trigger”. Your insouciance belies your ignorance. Best to quit while you’re behind…

• Sneaky Pete says:

LOL my insouciance belies my ignorance. LOL! la di da Ihre Königliche Hoheit!

• Exfiltration of Wealth says:

“why is she so tolerated by Hollywood?”
        Dollars, Sneaky Pete………….it’s as simple as that.
        If they can profit from it, they’ll tolerate the message.

• cjzak says:

Yep. They anti second amendment for the media and yet when it comes to movies they make or star in, guns are “part of the story”. They forget to mention the millions of dollars they collect for those “gun use” movies. Then there is the small matter of their armed body guards. So yeah, dollars are the big winner in the Hollywood hypocrite community.

• Oldschool says:

Imo, Roseanne is like a libratarian, aligns with some beliefs but will be completely opposite on others. Carol O’Conner was never anything but a libtard. Roseanne has more independent ideology.

• Trish in Southern Illinois says:

O’Conner was a lefty, but i LOVED Archie…my 14 yr old watches All in The Family & loves him too…those old shows cover about everything we’re seeing now….timeless. Archie was humorously right then & he’d be the same today. He’d love the trans-people, white privilege, & progressive commies of today LOL

• 4beagles says:

I agree.

• dayallaxeded says:

Sneakster, I think that’s a fair question, though from what little I’ve seen of her interviews, it seems she’s saying what a lot of traditional Democrats are saying these days–the national Demonrats have gone so far off the left side of the political world, they’re coming back around like far-right, authoritarian bigots–e.g., that Hogg dipchit with his Triumph of the Shill/Saturday Night Fever performance.

A few Hollyweirders from her general generation seem to have had similar epiphanies–only real idiots and those who insulate themselves from the broader reality outside their own sigmoids fail to grow up with time and experience. I think Roseanne, Joe Piscapo, John Lovitz, James Woods, and a few others have done just that–they’ve grown up, paying attention to what was going on around them. Consequently, they now espouse “conservatism,” but what might also be accurately called, “honesty” and “responsibility.”

My big question is whether John Goodman is on the same train–he seems like a good guy, has done some promos for good causes (used to see him occasionally around NOLA, but minimal interaction–we don’t typically harass or act like sycophants to celebs here–maybe one reason they like NOLA as much as some of them seem to), but politically, pretty opaque. I get what you’re saying about Archie Bunker–it always stuck in my craw that they so denigrated the working man of experience and responsibility who made the world that Meathead and Gloria took for granted. Everyone I can think of who was involved in that “All in the Family” smear is/was a scumbag and idiot–the ones who are still alive continue to prove it.

• Robert Smith says:

Her ratings are massive. That’s why they tolerate her.

• Blade says:

Correct, you DON’T know. And BTW, your battered syndrome is showing.

First of all, you don’t even remember All In The Family correctly. It wasn’t Caroll O’Connor attacking traditional values, but Norman Lear, the writer and producer. If you were paying attention back then, and not dwelling in perpetual victimhood today, then you would enjoy the schadenfreude of what actually occurred – Meathead became the dumb leftist laughingstock and Archie Bunker became the ornery but lovable star of the show despite all their best efforts.

And yes Roseanne is real. She has never been hidden or shy, never faking anything and not trying to fool anyone. She is a social liberal but a pretty normal Blue (D)og in everything else. This has never changed, you just were not paying attention and suddenly woke up today and like all the Ben Shapiro under-siege puritanical types you try to judge her against your phony bullet list of proper conservative qualifications. Of course she is a Trump supporter ( and has been since he announced ) she is nearly identical to him by all measurements. Whatever you despise in her you must also despise in Trump!

• Sneaky Pete says:

Another doosh. Man what is up here with Roseanne? Didn’t know she was such a Queen Bee. How’s this for a trigger? She’s fat! You curling up in a ball?

• Deb says:

Well, you’be been pegged. You need to troll better for a site like CTH. Seriously, this has been hilarious.

• Blade says:

She’s not as fat as before, so there’s that. But once again, *she* has not changed whatsoever so you need to ask yourself if you have, or were you just born yesterday. She is not a queen bee, she is the same as always, she is a constant ( and people like constants ). She’s a comedienne, she’s funny, people like that. But most of all, she has courage. A rare commodity today, especially in Hollywood. In short, she is who she is, and is who she has always been.

Anyway, in posting that crack, why do you really want everyone to know how juvenile you are? I wouldn’t if I were you. Of course you may be drinking, in that case it’s time to sleep it off. But if you are what I imagine, an 18-25 year old enamored of young wannabe conservative prophets like Ben Shapiro and Jonah Goldberg, then you’re having trouble rationalizing the real world versus their skewed and biased mental portal. I’ll give you one free clue – when you woke up November 9 you incorrectly thought you were a member of a 63 million strong team of like-minded conservabots who have been hidden away and suddenly woke up.

… But you were wrong. You are part of coalition of a million of this and a million of that. Many millions are like Roseanne. In fact your particular segment is a very tiny minority of the Team Trump. Very small. It’s not your fault though. I blame Rush and Levin and Hannity and the forementioned young’ns who drone on about vast silent majorities of conservatives ( mostly to sell books and drive ratings ). But they led many down the primrose path, and those on that path are reacting badly to the real world once they are exposed to it.

BTW, no-one is telling you to like her, or even watch her. But there is a lesson in it for you. Her show is simply a sitcom about blue collar average Americans in the rust/coal belt – the so-called purple states that “we” conservatives long ago lost forever ( except for Reagan of course ). And the reason we lost them, well, just look in a mirror, and re-read your posts about Roseanne and about those people who do like her. Your inability to understand her and her fans and the people depicted on her show exemplifies how “we” lost the purple states. It is an object lesson! You’re welcome.

• Lady in Red says:

Yes, would be nice if there was a reliable tv network we Deplorables could go to for entertainment (CNN aside), similar to OANN for news.

• Homesteader says:

A Deplorables tv network. Pro-America, clean programming, news and commentary. No blaspheming or nudity. Ahhhhh that would be so great. I’d have to buy a television.

Also need Deplorable products and products boasting a Deplorable seal of approval. No Deplorable seal of approval…no buy.

We need a Deplorables credit card too.

• Homesteader says:

Just dreaming.🤩

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

PureFlix? Not sure how big they are, or their coverage. I know that there are a lot of “Christian Directories”, but sometimes they have “CINOs” too…

We do need something like that. But above all, we need prayerful discernment, the ability to “test the spirits”, and to separate the chaff from the wheat. Lord knows, we’re up to our eyeballs in chaff right now…

Ephesians 6:10-18 says it. As well as most of the “book-that-WP-won’t-let-me-name”
          (Spruche, auf Deutsch)…

3. Pam says:

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Somehow I have a feeling it will end up as “net duality”…

If they laid down fiber (and re-lit “dark fiber”), bandwidth would be no issue, and no-one would have to worry about being in the proverbial slow lane.

Here in Germany, the supposed land of great inventors and scientists, authors, composers, etc., we have the worst internet in Europe, if not the world… But, the former East Germany (thanls to the “Solidarity Tax”) has Fiber-to-the-Door… Go figure…
      (To quote Hochstetter: BAH!!! ).

4. Pam says:

• Jim in TN says:

Didn’t somebody say the campaign insider had the initials S.M.?

Here is someone claimed to be part of the campaign and is reputed to be a source for the dossier!

Not exactly an independent corroboration, but they have already played fast and loose with claims of independent corroboration.

5. Pam says:

6. Pam says:

7. HookDown says:

The criminals who operated an embedded sting (Multiple stings?) within the trump campaign need PRISON.

OR ELSE …. we will never have a non-deep state candidate like Papa Trump run again. And …. Nobody will represent a non-deep state candidate after Cohen’s home, office and hotel were hurricaned. This is not an isolated incident. Future “good” candidates are watching to see if it is “now legal” to run an operation 100 times worse than Watergate.

The problem is…. House Oversight is spineless. Can Nunes, Jordan, Desantis, Scalese, etc etc get the support they need to do the RIGHT THING?

8. The Boss says:

FNC reporting Senate Intel Comm (comprised about 100% of loser EunuchParty slime) is cncluding the BS Russia favoring of President Trump is true. Oddly, Brennan walked out of the closed session and looked like he wanted to puke.

• gda says:

The puke looking like he wants to puke – how appropriate.

Maybe it’s because Adml. Rogers spilled the beans on him big time. And Clapper (with his finger to the breeze) pushed him further under the bus.

• fernpel says:

I believe that’s his natural expression, Boss.

• cozette says:

Who cares which candidate Russias leader or any countries leader prefers as long as it’s just an opinion? My problem is when leaders interfere illegally in order to ensure their preference wins as Mexico did by urging their citizens to vote, the many countries that made illegal campaign donations to Hillary, the UK spying on and framing Trump to portray him as a traitor. Frankly I believe this stupid report tees Team Trump up perfectly to drop the IG Report and the DHS election report which proves REAL, ILLEGAL foreign interference done by pro Hillary countries.

9. Pam says:

10. Pam says:

11. When the Roseanne reboot came out, there was a lot of chatter about it on this site. But to me, the bigger reboot is “Last Man Standing”, once ABC’s second-highest rated show canceled because of its conservative bias (even though they won’t admit it).

Tim Allen regularly knocked Obama, Hillary, leftists on the show while voicing concern about issues such as illegal immigration well before Donald Trump even announced his Presidential run.

FOX is now picking up the show. He’s a clip to give you a flavor of the show. I highly recommend it. And it’s an important milestone in the culture war.

12. Pam says:

13. Michelle says:

Re: North Korea — my thought is that either they are just trying to get more out of the US, or they are just making up excuses to get out of the summit because China has promised them something — perhaps that China would support them economically instead.

14. Pam says:

• Oldschool says:

uh oh

• prairierose123 says:

What are your thoughts Oldschool? You seem unsure about what’s going on here. I don’t trust Rubio either, but even a broken clock can be right twice a day, right?

• piper567 says:

Oldschool, imo, this lady Haspel kicks a$$…just watch a few clips of her responses to the idiotic lines of Qs from our pathetic Congress, and you will maybe feel better.
        Never know exactly why Rubio votes as he does.

15. Brant says:

Questions. What is/are the equivalent of Sundance and CTH on the other side? Not CNN/MSNBS, etc. FOX is “equivalent” of those.

While we here in CTH are knowledgeable quite in depth of Strozk/Page texts, emails, Ohrs, Huber, Horowitz, Priestap, the entire photo montage, etc, what do those other folks place all their narrative in? I would like to know so I have both sides of the argument for replies, etc. I’ve heard/read snips of Trump Jr emails/tweets, etc. I’m not really talking Manafort/Flynn, etc persons of somewhat high profile, but some of the 2nd/3rd tier ones that are going to turn and they will drag our VSG out by his heels, etc.

• mimbler says:

I don’t think there is an equivalent on the left, as dealing with facts wouldn’t support their agenda nor narrative.

Perhaps the closest are things like Huffington Post and Salon, but facts are few there, and raw hatred is abundant.

• blind no longer says:

PDJT is not going anywhere by his heels of any other part of his body. He will be reelected in 2020, and the corrupt coup scheme team participants are going to jail.

• Brant says:

I know he isn’t going to be dragged out and will undoubtedly be reelected by large margin. My dragging comment referred to what those rabid folks on the other side who say and very much want that.

• Brant says:

Also, thanks all for comments of possible equivalents….such as they are.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

“The other side” are most likely drugged out.

What my watermelon relatives tend to watch/listen to are NPR, PBS, WashPoo, NYT, CNN, and occasionally the WSJ (washed-up silly journal), which is no longer what it once was.

Be careful though, as in those echo chambers one can get hurt with the fragments of lies, misrepresentations, illogical thought, impossible math, and splodey-head detritus.

A world ruled by emotion rather than logical thought and expertise borne of long experience (i.e. learning from the “school of hard knocks”).

Indeed, here is the world in which they live:

• DanO64 says:

There isn’t. Not just say N.

• Pam says:

Don’t believe the MSM nonsense. He’s not going to be impeached. Period.

• Sandra-VA says:

Huffington Post, Salon, NYTimes, WaPo… etc. They have 99% of the media.

For clues as to the talking points of the day, check David Brock’s enterprise – Media Matters at mediamatters.org/ Strangely, they are set up as a 501c3…

• TarsTarkas says:

There aren’t progressive equivalents of CTH or other investigate sites on any color of the web because it would necessitate that those sites reveal datum their side would rather not be known.

The 2nd/3rd tier operatives would have to know something damaging enough to the POTUS to bring him down and I rather doubt that they do except in the fevered imaginations of rabid Trump-haters. If inspector Wrong-way Javert & Co hasn’t found a smoking gun in over a year it means that the smoke they are pursuing comes from fires their side has set and stoked. Rogers at NSA being able to look over the conspirators’ shoulders put a big crimp on what they could create to damage Trump.

16. John Rawls says:

how ‘friendly’ were mueller and mccabe with deripaska?

17. youme says:

• The Boss says:

This is not an unexpected development, given President Trump’s recent tweet about “getting involved”. I read this as more battlefield preparation. The enemy will soon no longer have improper classifications and redactions to hide behind.

18. Pam says:

19. Pam says:

20. John Rawls says:

why was Flynn hanging out with the Cambridge Spy Group?

why was Flynn on a mission to build nuclear reactors in the ME?

21. youme says:

You own the congress, the senate, the white house and you say what?

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. Pam says:

• JoeUser says:

Un.Be.Lievable. Talk about the textbook definition of an activist judge.

FTA:
      “This was not a drug addict who was dealing to fund his own addiction,” Feeley said, “but rather, a person who made some terrible judgments and decisions, but made them for what he thought was in the best interest of his family.”

Feeley also said his decision was affected by potential immigration actions the federal government would take against Soto-Vittini should he impose a harsh sentence on the heroin dealer.

• KBR says:

I sent THAT to congressman.
        Congress can IMPEACH such judges as these.
        I cannot.

That judge needs to be arrested himself.

• booger71 says:

I thought it was a state judge

• KBR says:

Perhaps, but I sent it saying that such examples of dirty judges that disobey the law in the courtrooms are all over the web, and that it was time for some impeachments of Federal Judges like that judge.

Also mentioned the 9th circuit was over large and leftist biased.

• Krystal says:

So he made money selling poison that can potentially kill people and cause them to commit crimes to ease their addiction. Really needs to be outrage against these judges and protests outside their homes to shame them (the same as the left do to people). He is an illegal on top of it it appears.

• John Rawls says:

this drug dealer knows somebody

25. Convert says:

Don’tcha reckon Brennan is starting to figure out that he’s the fall guy? Heh heh.

26. Bill Holeman says:

The infamous Broward County Florida sheriff Wants to hire 31 full time employees to take guns away from people.

• JoeUser says:

How do RPO’s pass constitutional muster? What I got out of the article is that they’re rushing to get funding, before the SHTF regarding any challenges, perhaps.

Oh, and the $2.7M figure? That will balloon well beyond, as this factor will eat up a lot of those funds (FTA, from the article):

“An attorney will be hired to draft and file the orders and represent the Sheriff’s Office in court.”

• JX says:

The FBI failed. The Sheriff failed. The deputies stood around. Nothing has been done.

FL AG Bondi is supposedly investigating. I doubt anyone will be held to account.

27. Pam says:

28. Paco Loco says:

Round and round she goes where it stops nobody knows. It seems like we are locked in an endless circle jerk without getting any closer to having a Prosecutor indicting the perps of an extremely detailed and now, well documented false flag op.

We know now that the Russia Collusion in the election story was an op initiated by Brennan and with top insiders in the Obama Whitehouse, used partisans operatives within the CIA, NSA, FBI, DoJ to destroy DJT before, during and after the 2016 election. After Trumps victory, the desperate Deep State brought in the crooked cop Mueller to frame Trump and associates with obstruction of justice in a continuation of the 2016 and 2017 dirty tricks perpetrated against Trump.

It’s pathetic that after a year of this witch hunt, we are still being spun by a biased MSM, dirty ex-Obama officials, and meek congressional investigators who have been stonewalled by the anti-Trump DoJ. With what appears to be piles of evidence against the perps, why is this still an endless investigation and not being adjudicated in a court of law? Justice delayed is justice denied.

29. Pam says:

30. youme says:

31. Pam says:

32. youme says:

• Atomic Fireball says:

>Crossfire Hurricane
      And we know who the toothless bearded hag is

• bessie2003 says:

If these people who are proven to have lied, under oath, are not brought up on charges, then every person from here on out will assume they too can lie and not be charged. Just another one of those liberal ways of tearing down rule of law.. Okay. vent over.

• gda says:

“Crossfire Hurricane”- I love it!! Early Stones – from “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” – May 1968

Little did they know they would be Trumped Bigly – “You Can’t Always Get What You Want…” – Apr 1973

How ironic. How delightful. Now suck it!

• dayallaxeded says:

“Crossfire Hurricane”–freakin’ traitor drama queens! They need to get the “gas gas gas.”

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Yeah, because when they go to meet their father, the devil, they’ll be singing “hello DARKNESS, my old friend”…

33. Konamon says:

The Obama Administration went after Trump with everything they have. IMO Trump is clear to go after them with everyting he has. Possum is the problem. His honor among his fellow Swamp Comrades doe not cut it with me. Maybe Trump wants to let them strike first then nail them in a massive counterstrike. He prolly has his nuke sub fleet primed and ready.

• Tom says:

I fear many will be disappointed with the final outcome. President Trump seems to be always looking ahead with little interest in retribution. I hope that he takes into account that the American people need to see the concept of equal justice applied. It buys him very little in terms of his agenda to spend energy and time to demand prosecutions for those involved so therefore everything depends on having a strong DOJ to peruse charges. Since everything that we are now discovering has been known for months by the DOJ and stonewalling is still taking place, I am not hopeful.

34. Pam says:

35. joeknuckles says:

Our enemies must know that they have allies, be they witting or unwitting, in the American media and the Democrat party. They would be fools not to try to take advantage of that fact.

36. Pam says:

37. sunnydaze says:

I guess this is the interview that began turning Dave Rubin around. It’s from a year and a half ago, with Larry Elder.

Larry is a big defender of the Iraq War and if you’d prefer not to listen to that part, it begins @10:00 and ends @21:00. He lays his reasons out fairly clearly tho.

38. Pam says:

39. Pam says:

40. deepdivemaga says:

Within hours of opening an investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia in the summer of 2016, the F.B.I. dispatched a pair of agents to London on a mission so secretive that all but a handful of officials were kept in the dark.

Their assignment, which has not been previously reported, was to meet the Australian ambassador, who had evidence that one of Donald J. Trump’s advisers knew in advance about Russian election meddling. After tense deliberations between Washington and Canberra, top Australian officials broke with diplomatic protocol and allowed the ambassador, Alexander Downer, to sit for an F.B.I. interview to describe his meeting with the campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos.

The agents summarized their highly unusual interview and sent word to Washington on Aug. 2, 2016, two days after the investigation was opened. Their report helped provide the foundation for a case that, a year ago Thursday, became the special counsel investigation. But at the time, a small group of F.B.I. officials knew it by its code name: Crossfire Hurricane.

• 4beagles says:

Comey has some ‘splaining to do !

• mormoninsider says:

What a bunch of CYA boloney. “Mr. Trump was not under investigation, but his actions perplexed the agents. Days after the stolen Democratic emails became public, he called on Russia to uncover more. Then news broke that Mr. Trump’s campaign had pushed to change the Republican platform’s stance on Ukraine in ways favorable to Russia.”

This paragraph clearly advertises the bias inherent in the whole dang article. They are desperately trying to get their stories straight. The end is near…the OIG report must be very ‘damning’ indeed.

• Jim in TN says:

These plotters are revealing their bias and or incompetence.

Trump specifically called for the missing Hillary emails to be released. Great way to point out her server was completely insecure. The server was taken off line long before. Emails were in possession of FBI or were destroyed.

At the time, the left did its typical mix up, claiming Trump was asking Russia to hack anew. The agents who claim to be perplexed are the very agents who had the emails. Also, the platform wasn’t changed.

So they are making judgements based on propaganda they know to be false. Biased and incompetent.

A good argument could be made that this is all after the fact B.S., written only recently to try and cover their asses.

• Paco Loco says:

This story misses the most important part, that Obama’s CIA Dir. Brennan initiated the foreign operations to set up the Trump patsy’s, and once the trap was baited, let the FBI in to complete the frame up that was then used to execute the FISA surveillance requests.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Common thread through all the hit pieces of the New York Slimes on President Trump:
        Matt Apuzzo. I wouldn’t believe their drivel even if they said water is wet, without checking first…

• gda says:

I was born in a Crossfire Hurricane – Jumpin’ Jack Flash 1968

But it’s alright now, in fact it’s a gas

I saw THEM today at the reception
      In THEIR glass was a bleeding man
      THEY were practiced at the art of deception
      Well I could tell by THEIR blood-stained hands
      You can’t always get what you want
      You can’t always get what you want
      You can’t always get what you want
      But if you try sometimes you just might find
      You just might find
      You get what you need

Apologies to Jagger/Richards for the small edit

41. Pam says:

42. fred5678 says:

DACA discharge petition– I called Steve Scalise, Kevin McCarthy, and Paul Ryan’s offices via toll free numbers from NumbersUSA. I spoke with actual human beings at Scalise and McCarthy offices, both were very happy to hear my message to kill DACA. Ryan was VM, of course.

I told them to have Ryan do the same thing as Speaker Pelosi did in 2009-2010 with Heath Shuler’s SAVE Act. His bill, strict enforcement only, zero amnesty or other benefits, got about 100 co-sponsors in EACH party!! But Pelosi refused to bring it to the floor for a vote.

A discharge petition was started but Pelosi INSTRUCTED all her robot Democrats not to sign it.

So 100 Democrats obeyed Pelosi and refused to sign a petition to hold a vote on a bill they had just co-sponsored!!!!

I told the GOP to do the same thing as the DemoRATS do. INSTRUCT your caucus NOT to sign the damn petition and let the unconstitutional order die in the courts.

House Speaker Paul Ryan — (877) 753-8801

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — (855) 827-2356

Majority Whip Steve Scalise — (855) 827-2353

• Landslide says:

GOOD JOB!!!!👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻🇺🇸

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thank you for doing that. I am about to follow your lead. This is so important. I feel sick at the thought of the House Republicans actively participating in screwing over the American People and PDJT on DACA and immigration. Shameful.

This doesn’t take long. Write out a short script and read it if you feel intimidated or scared to make the call. Please folks the more who call and apply pressure the better.

Smart choices to call leadership; maximum pressure.

• KBR says:

Paul Ryan would like nothing better than to forward this to PDJT as a kick in the teeth.

If McCarthy is Ryan’s pick for successor to Speaker, he will follow Ryan’s lead.

Steve Scalise might not have the power to do this, but he should try anyway: bucking Ryan is bucking McCarthy who is in competition with Steve for Speaker.

I called as you asked, but I am not holding my breath. As far as I am concerned Ryan is nothing but a Democrat.

• piper567 says:

KBR,.
        Ryan gets to pick his successor?
        what did i miss?

• KBR says:

Ask the House and their “rules” and “traditions.”

I read a book called “Drain the Swamp” by Ken Buck (R) who was elected 2014, who tells about their hazing and hierarchies. Apparently they all think they are a college frat house, and the “seniors” have all power, and keep all the power. It is a good read if you wonder why the new guys did not do what they promised.

43. Pam says:

44. Konamon says:

Think I am voting Putnam over Scott in FL Senate Primary.

45. Pam says:

46. Sandra-VA says:

Here we go:

• Sandra-VA says:

This is narrative shaping on steroids… given all we know already, this piece is extraordinary. BUT, there are places that confirm what we know….

I suggest everyone read it.

Here is a small piece of it:

“Mr. Comey was briefed regularly on the Russia investigation, but one official said those briefings focused mostly on hacking and election interference. The Crossfire Hurricane team did not present many crucial decisions for Mr. Comey to make.

Top officials became convinced that there was almost no chance they would answer the question of collusion before Election Day. And that made agents even more cautious.

The F.B.I. obtained phone records and other documents using national security letters — a secret type of subpoena — officials said. And at least one government informant met several times with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos, current and former officials said. That has become a politically contentious point, with Mr. Trump’s allies questioning whether the F.B.I. was spying on the Trump campaign or trying to entrap campaign officials.

Looking back, some at the Justice Department and the F.B.I. now believe that agents could have been more aggressive. They ultimately interviewed Mr. Papadopoulos in January 2017 and managed to keep it a secret, suggesting they could have done so much earlier.

“There is always a high degree of caution before taking overt steps in a counterintelligence investigation,” said Ms. McCord, who would not discuss details of the case. “And that could have worked to the president’s benefit here.”

Such tactical discussions are reflected in one of Mr. Strzok’s most controversial texts, sent on Aug. 15, 2016, after a meeting in Mr. McCabe’s office.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected,” Mr. Strzok wrote, “but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.”

Mr. Trump says that message revealed a secret F.B.I. plan to respond to his election. “‘We’ll go to Phase 2 and we’ll get this guy out of office,’” he told The Wall Street Journal. “This is the F.B.I. we’re talking about — that is treason.”

But officials have told the inspector general something quite different. They said Ms. Page and others advocated a slower, circumspect pace, especially because polls predicted Mr. Trump’s defeat. They said that anything the F.B.I. did publicly would only give fodder to Mr. Trump’s claims on the campaign trail that the election was rigged.”

• dayallaxeded says:

More lies–the origin lies with Brennan or instructions by HELLary or <0bunghole to Brennan to set up low hanging fruit outlier operatives who could be tied into the Trump campaign, e.g., Ripped Page and G. Poopoopadoop. There never would've been the trips and meetings by/with those guys without that "origin" nor would either have likely been involved in anyway in the Trump campaign without manipulation. NY Slimes–if it's lies, print it!

47. Pam says:

48. WSB says:

Such strain to try and twist reality. The facts are beginning to overtake the lies.