April 24th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #460

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,504 Responses to April 24th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #460

1. nimrodman says:

DHS boss threatens ‘caravan’ border-crossers with prosecution, detention, deportation

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Monday warned the “caravan” of Central American migrants arriving at the southern U.S. border that they could face prosecution, detention and deportation, as President Trump called on the agency to block the group.

• Minnie says:

As well she should, she’s merely following her President’s orders.

Good on her!

• joeknuckles says:

If they are claiming to seek asylum, they can stay in Mexico.

• WSB says:

Mexico probably forgot to mention that on the instruction sheet.

• maiingankwe says:

WSB,
          There are a few, at least one that I read about out of 600 or so who plans on staying in Mexico. Another had gotten their citizenship for Mexico, but still wants to move on here. So I guess they cancel each other out.

All of the articles I have read today interview the women with small children. They are a big minority, but yet those are the ones they seek out to get a few words in Spanish that they translate into English.

Most of the caravan ended up paying for the bus tickets, which they said were the women and children. I would say, the moms and children rode the buses and the few men who couldn’t afford it or kept the cash given to them for other things, took the trains that they could jump on top of and ride for free at their own peril.

I was wondering what the border patrol, Homeland and so forth we’re going to say and do. I’m so thankful we are not backing down.

I say this because reading the lefty articles it leads one to assume we would have to greet them with open arms because of all of their hardships in getting here. Not a one went hungry, and I’m sure they slept well enough on the buses etc. Its not like they walked very far or anything.

Anyways, I say good for our President Trump, I just love him!
          Be well and stay smiling,
          Ma’iingankwe

• paulraven1 says:

It’s not over yet. Still time to back down. I’ll believe we won’t when I see that we don’t.

• WSB says:

Let’s just hope, M, that we do not see a repeat of Cruz and Beck manning the border with Teddy Bears.

• KBR says:

Every woman and child should have to provide PROOF of relationship. I say this because persons who have been trafficked, both women and children, are part and parcel of gangs and cartels especially in Honduras.

Just because people claim to be legitimate families does not make them relatives.

OTOH, When a gang member gets a stolen woman/girlchild pregnant she may self-identify as his “wife.”

In Honduras, belonging to a gang is a tactic for survival.

Being female with a child in her posession does not make for instant asylum.

• sunnydaze says:

Not sure Mexico would allow them to stay there.

Interesting that Mexico DOES allow them to trudge thru their country tho, on their way to the U.S., complete with blow by blow Media accounts and festivities all along the way.

• MAGA_Berserker says:

By default, absolutely none of them should qualify for refuge. The first country the entered is where the should seek refuge.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

They are probably living a really good life on that trip with all the funding and help from outside sources.

If we had any so called journalism there would be a team of them wth the caravan reporting their every move.

My wager is . they are probably staying in hotels and taking buses most of the way.

When they get to the border, they roll around in the dirt a little, look sad, and the MSM hands out food.

If I was in charge, when they got to the border, a whole bunch of tear gas, rubber bullets would wake them up.

Anyway, don’t let them set one foot in our country.

• dallasdan says:

It is a disaster unfolding in Mexico. IMO, the Mexican government nurtured the illegal army’s passage through its country with the intention of creating a problem for the USA. That strategy has failed, and Mexico now doesn’t know what to do with the migrants.

The President and Sec. of DHS have made it clear the illegals will not be accepted here when they reach the border. All of the problems of managing a large, homeless population will be Mexico’s responsibility, and they will become seriously acute as the leftist money supporting the “march” dries up. No bueno.

A combination of bad judgement and poor planning has put our southern amigos in a very bad situation.

• Harry Lime says:

Let’s give them all nice sturdy sticks and then send Michelle Obama down to the border to stop them…wearing her lovely pinata dress.

• mazziflol says:

Prosecution sounds like 3 hots and a cot. Wonder how long that would take and at how many tax $.

• KBR says:

3 hots and cot in prison until deportation is better than a lifetime of freebies, including lifetime of free education, free housing, free medical, and freedom to move anywhere fading into the huge illegal population already here.

I would prefer they were turned away. But tell it to Legislators!

If you want law and order, fix the law for order.

2. joeknuckles says:

Hillary’s “director of African American advertising” is on Tucker. Tucker’s first question should have been “What the hell is a director of African American advertising?”.

3. WSB says:

This just speaks for itself.

• sunnydaze says:

Trying to subvert and nullify a duly-elected President.

Dem Party and the lying MSM who enabled their BS both deserve to disappear forever.

• Harry Lime says:

Yup, without a completely complicit media they would never have gotten as far as they did. The media , to me, is just as big of a villain in this as our corrupt politicians, judges, intelligence agencies etc…

The MSM always seems to think that they get a free pass when it comes to their own corruption and up until now they pretty much have…their funding keeps rolling in…this needs to end.

• ladypenquin says:

I hope the MSM are implicated and indicted along with the politicians and senior bureaucrats. They all conspired together – and still are to this day.

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Justice had best be done, or millions of
        Patriots who support the republic will achieve it by other means. POTUS knows this, as does Sessions.
        This is going to be a universe bigger than Dreyfus.

• RedBallExpress says:

“They were so certain Clinton would win, they subverted the Constitution & the rule of law.”

It is worse than that. Perry Mason would say – “Objection your honor. Conclusion on the part of the witness.” In other words, “Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?”

I say they were confident of a Clinton win. But they would have done it no matter what and they haven’t changed and they will never change. EVER.

• WSB says:

True, but the $64M question is what plan was in the works to guarantee her win?

Obviously, it was fool proof and had been implemented before…

wink.

• ladypenquin says:

Voter fraud. They’d been doing it for many years, more sophisticated with each election.

I believe it was their underestimating the Blue State votes they needed – where they had been so used to winning – they didn’t see the movement of those citizens towards a candidate like Donald Trump – who ran more as an AMERICAN than a Democrat or Republican. Red States they knew how to manipulate, and with the media’s help, could suppress our turnout; remember the panhandle of Florida in 2000. But they really missed candidate Trump’s messaging impact on several factions in their base.

They’re still missing it. Latest MSM reported poll has 17% of blacks supportive of POTUS – historical.

4. phoenixRising says:

• kroesus61 says:

France cooperates with NATO but withdrew as an official member in the 60’s……had to do with that French arrogance about doing it better than the Yankees after we saved them from Germany twice in the 20th century

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

I kinda like the French, due to their history with America….here we go…ready….

I’ve got a really nice French WWII rifle. Never been fired, and only dropped once….😎

• graphiclucidity says:

France has always been a member of NATO. De Gaulle withdrew France from only the Integrated Military Command Structures in the 60s, but Sarkozy rejoined it in 2009.

France’s decision to fully participate in NATO had two aims: firstly, to increase our presence and influence in the Alliance, and secondly, to facilitate renewal of momentum for Defence Europe, lifting any ambiguity as to a possible competition between the two organizations.

France also attached several conditions to its return to the command structures:

> maintaining full discretion for France’s contribution to NATO operations;

> maintaining its nuclear independence: France decided not to join the NATO Nuclear Planning Group (NPG), which determines the Alliance’s nuclear policy;

> no French force is placed under permanent NATO command in peacetime;

> non-participation in the common funding of certain expenditure decided prior to France’s return to the command structures.

France officially announced its full participation in the NATO Integrated Military Command Structures during the Strasbourg-Kehl Summit in April 2009. As a result, France has, since 2009, about 750 additional officer positions within the NATO Integrated Command Structures, including that of Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT), which was held from 2009 to 2012 by General Abrial and is now occupied by General Palméros.
        France is the third largest contributor to NATO budgets behind the United States and Germany, ahead of the United Kingdom and Italy. In 2014, its contribution totalled €217.2 million (including the contributions of both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and the Ministry of Defence), 1.8% lower than in 2013.

• TarsTarkas says:

I think France’s withdrawal from NATO had more to do with DeGaulle’s personal dislike of the US than anything. A dislike that was fueled by the way the US tried to deep-six him during WWII first for Darlan, then Giraud. Sort of an ‘anybody but DeGaulle’ campaign. Also DeGaulle was a fierce nationalist, and he didn’t think that the US would go to war with Russia if Paris were nuked any more than he would if Washington were.

• graphiclucidity says:

I believe the real problems began during the Suez Crisis, when Eisenhower basically told the British and French that their days as Colonial Powers were over.

Then came the wars in French Indochina and Algeria, and de Gaulle finally realized that Eisenhower was correct.

5. OKPatriot says:

Thinking of Andrew Breitbart. It is too bad that he couldn’t see all this unfolding. He was a true patriot.

• sunnydaze says:

Oh… he’s watching it all unfold. And he’s smiling. Bigly.

• Plain Jane says:

My guess is he is also praying for PDJT.

• maiingankwe says:

I see Andrew Breitbart in a silver breast plate protecting our President Trump among other great Patriots who have crossed over and who are protecting him as well.

I see our Angel Warriors protecting him from the worse of the demons too. I can see our Angels Raphael and Michelangelo taking a great liking and love for our President and slaying the worse of the worse for him and weakening the evil which surrounds us all.

I think I see Andrew Breitbart in that silver breast plate from one of the memes that are out there.

There is a great battle between good and evil on this earth going on right now, and I also believe a great battle is waging on the Other Side as well.

I pray for our President Trump and all of the Patriots fighting the Good fight and I pray for our Angel Warriors too.
          Be well, stay strong,
          Ma’iingankwe

• Pat Frederick says:

i love this imagery! Angels and warriors protecting our President!

• “There is a great battle between good and evil on this earth going on right now”

Post.of.the.Day … and we’re just awakening!

• Rebcalntx says:

Black knight, yes many are just awakening is correct. The battle will continue until the Lord returns. The battle has already been won with Satan underfoot. We are just in time going through it. Many victories along the way. Bringing many souls into the kingdom on God & his righteousness. Peace is a widely misunderstood concept. It’s the absence of evil but it call for war & the battle rages on. Peace is fought for. The prince of Peace will appeare one day with a sword in his hand. With a shout of all the angels.

• Mountaingirl says:

Be encouraged by the account in 2 Kings 6 when the Syrian army was coming against Elisha whose servant saw that they were surrounded by a great army. Elisha calmed the servant and said “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” Then the servants eyes were opened and he saw a mountain full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
            There were also accounts of many miracles in Israel’s Six Day War. Moshe Dayan’s note To God placed in the wall was from Psalm 118:23 “This was the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.”
            Let us all pray for President Trump and our country!

• rvsueandcrew says:

When I pray for the safety of President Trump and his family, I ask for a thousand angels to protect them.

• maiingankwe says:

Rvsueandcrew,
              I believe it is beautiful souls like you who keep our President Trump and his family safe. “…a thousand Angels…”, I like that, I really, really like that.
              Be well,
              Ma’iingankwe

• joeknuckles says:

Andrew could have been an advisor to the POTUS. He actually had some wisdom to offer.

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Kevin Shipp – the Subversion of America

An expose’ of the deep state/ illegal shadow government. This was recorded prior to the election, so it does not include it’s attempt to remove PDJT from office at any cost. For that you have to view the much newer video I have posted on today’s open thread:

7. ezpz2 says:

To those who tweet (I don’t), could you please – if you are so inclined -ask Laura Ingraham to say “PRESIDENT Trump” instead of just “Trump”.

It’s really annoying to hear her say ‘Trump this’ and ‘Trump that’ REPEATEDLY! So much so that I had to turn her off.

I’v heard her ask at the end of her shows to tweet her, so much please do?

TIA

• ezpz2 says:

I don’t know how the word “much” got into my comment at the end there…😯

• starfcker says:

That’s a good point. I’ve tried to really go out of my way to type in President Trump instead of just Trump when I refer to him on this forum, for the same reason. Simple respect

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

That’s her shtick….makes her feel superior…she thinks it makes her seem ….manly…when all it does is make her look and sound cheap…..

Just don’t listen to her…not worth the time….all she does is say…”Trump should do this or that’….

• DanO64 says:

ditto

• Somebody says:

I vary, if I am referring to something prior to his taking office, I say Trump, DJT, candidate Trump or President-elect. If I am referring to anything since he was sworn in I say President Trump, POTUS or something similar, but always refer to his title.

• H.R. says:

Same here, Somebody, although I have used just ‘Trump’ when I’m writing in the voice of the Dems or GOPe to take a jab at them.

I also use HWSRN (He Who Shall Remain Nameless) for the former occupant of the Whitehouse. There’s nothing a narcissist wants more than their name on everyone’s lips. I do my best to deny HWSRN that which he craves. I like ‘Zero’ but even that is giving him a name, so I don’t use it.

• H.R. says:

Oh, I always use ‘Hillary’ because there is nothing that can be written about her that doesn’t involve criminality, dirt, or disgust. I hope to see the day that her name is as infamous as H!tler or Stal!n or Pol Pot. Someday, calling someone a Hillary will be worse than calling them pond scum or crapweasel.

• ladypenquin says:

For what it’s worth:

• Dekester says:

We watch a little of Hannity and often times a little of Ingraham too.

With so much going on, we tuned into Ingraham last night. We too were getting irritated at her monologue. With the “ Trump “ should do this or that. But we hung in there, until.

Juan Williams face appeared. Click, off with Fox and onto something useful. He truly is one dumb and condescending clown.

We are not on Twitter or Facebook. If someone is so inclined. Tweet her and tell her the affect having that idiot on her show has. Even up here in Canada.

God bless PDJT.

• Somebody says:

In defense of Ingraham, I think she mostly referred to Obama as Obama even when he was POTUS.

• ladypenquin says:

I remember that but also remembered how she’d backtrack and say President Obama quite a bit. With him, she struggled with people calling her out for being racist. I’m going to hold her to the same standard. The MSM is notorious for this, including the WSJ, only using “Trump” – they didn’t do it with Obama… They don’t want to say “the President.”

I used to listen to her, but can’t stand her pompous, condescending media persona. She’s another one of those talking heads who think they know better than regular people.

• graphiclucidity says:

Juan Williams is good if you want to debate the Democrat talking points for the day’s issues as he has them memorized to the letter and is always great at changing the subject back to those talking points.

With Juan you’re likely to hear the phrase: “But I think the real issue is…” or, “But I think what the American people are really worried about is…” several times in a discussion as he always, without fail, turns it back to the talking points.

Juan is a reliable DNC propaganda robot (one of many on Fox).
        He’s not much good for anything beyond that.

• maiingankwe says:

ezpz2,
      Oh that drives me up the wall too. I see it everywhere all the time. It’s also one of the reasons I can’t listen to Ingraham as well.

I would think one with her standing would show more respect to not only our President but the office too.

Never have I acknowledged or written him by using only his last name. If anything, I capitalize the word President in his honor and to show my respect, whereas with the others I simply leave it without the capitalization. It’s kinda my little dig to the haters too even though I’m sure they’d never even realize it. Anyways, I just like doing it.

If I had twit account, it would be the first thing I would do for both of us and our President Trump. Hopefully, there will be many a Treeper here who will help us out with your request.
      Be well and thank you,
      Ma’iingankwe

• dallasdan says:

Agree. However, she strongly preferred that he not have the title when he was running for the office, and it’s hard for her to let go of that mindset.

8. citizen817 says:

9. citizen817 says:

10. citizen817 says:

11. citizen817 says:

12. emet says:

Say Emmanuel, we might need some space in the Chateau d’If for some weasels.

13. John Rawls says:

keep an eye on the russian lawyer Veselnitskaya… she’s about to make a move…

recently complains about not being interviewed by mueller.

today she says Fusion GPS was being framed (didn’t say by whom).

• graphiclucidity says:

She’s Russian, so she’s saying FusionGPS was framed by the Brits (Steele, MI6), without actually saying it.

It’s the patriotic thing for her to do, in today’s geopolitical climate, especially with Putin looking over her shoulder.

14. phoenixRising says:

15. phoenixRising says:

16. MAGA_Berserker says:

I’m dreaming of a killery-less Christmas…

17. Leon0112 says:

Draining the swamp. As Attorney General, Jeff Sessions inherited a good chunk (but not all) of the swamp. Since taking office, Sessions has orchestrated the departure or demotion of the following swamp dwellers: James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates, Loretta Lynch, James Baker, James Rybicki, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Michael Kortan, Bruce Ohr and others whom I am forgetting right now.

This alone is a significant draining of the swamp. In addition, he has opened up the DOJ National Security Division to scrutiny by the IG Horowitz and appointed Huber to be the prosecutor examining the criminal referrals from Horowitz and Congress. He has resolved to stop the leaks from the FBI and the DOJ. For the most part, we have not seen many leaks of investigative matters from the Huber side of the fence, and there have been criminal referrals on leaks by the people who have been let go plus Clapper and Brennan.

Sessions is trying to restore the traditional procedures of the DOJ to not comment on investigations or prosecutions unless and until there are indictments and prosecutions commence. Civil libertarians should be happy about this. This also increases the probability of obtaining convictions in those cases prosecuted.

The difficult part of this approach is that it takes time to put together solid cases for prosecution. This is particularly true when there appears to be such a large volume of criminal activity. Huber has his hands full. Inevitably, the cases he is examining not only include potential wrongdoing by members of the DOJ and FBI, not also the State Department and the Intelligence Community. For the later two areas, Huber is going to need additional staff not part of the IG Horowitz’ staff.

The indictments and trials are likely to last for years, if they are done well. And Sessions is working hard to do them well. Draining the swamp will not be done overnight, but Sessions is making progress.

18. citizen817 says:

SOURCES: Most Of What EPA’s Leaker Told Dems About Scott Pruitt Is ‘False’
    Former Trump campaign official Kevin Chmielewski, who’s also former EPA deputy chief of staff operations, gave congressional Democrats a list of accusations against Pruitt, detailing the administrator’s alleged “wasteful spending” and “disregard for ethical and legal requirements.”

Chmielewski is the likely source for media reports surrounding Pruitt’s spending habits and alleged ethical lapses.

But many of Chmielewski’s claims have been called into question by two sources familiar with EPA’s inner-workings. One source told The Daily Caller News Foundation of Chmielewski’s claims that “more than 60 percent is false, the other 40 percent is information he distorted.”

19. rsmith1776 says:

Next ABSOLUTELY indispensable Presidential Pardons:

Dinesh D’Souza – best on merit, not to mention a hat tip to the UN ambassador, to the wonderful Indian-American community, and to that most erudite The Simpsons character, the indefatigable and lovable, and great American patriot Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
    General David Petraeus – SOME merit, unbelievable trolling currency, as well as a signal to General Flynn –

– “Michael, if I took care of David, who’s a stranger to me, do you really believe I’d forget family?”

Bada bing bada boom!

—-

PS Boom Boom Boom Boom !!!!!!!

Let “Q” and his faithful be happy, too.

20. NewOrleans says:

Earlier today, Q posted this video of President Trump from the campaign with the following message:

Listen carefully.
    Trust the plan.

Watch this fantastic video and remind yourself how far we’ve come. And also imagine – with this man in charge – how far we’re going to go.

• MAGA_Berserker says:

2:45 “Honestly, she should be locked up.”
      I voted for that man!!!
      4:05 “Never the less, I take all of these these slings and arrows for you, gladly.”
      4:46 “I didn’t need to do this folks, believe me.”
      Once in a generation VSG!!! We are blessed.

• Harry Lime says:

I watch it every time…no matter how often it is posted.

I have good friends who voted for Bernie who didn’t watch a single Donald Trump rally or listen to a single Donald Trump speech or even so much as read a partial transcript. They are Donal Trump experts and they know what is best for this country. We only discuss baseball and the weather…it’s the only way to remain friends at this point.

• MAGA_Berserker says:

During the election, I wanted to camp outside the polling place (ya know, where they hand out the pink and blue sheets) with a 40″ monitor playing that speech.
        Couldn’t because Dear Wife and I were sequestered as election judges. Maybe during the midterms.

Can you even imagine if we could get that playing at 20% of the polling places? Just need a pickup truck battery and an inverter to run the monitor and laptop all day…

21. phoenixRising says:

• phoenixRising says:

James Shaw is a real American Hero !!!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

What a man! Thank God for having him in the right place at the right time. I read that after he got out of the hospital, he went home and got ready, and went to church. After that he was at the press conference where this photo was taken. Thank you, Mr. Shaw!

22. citizen817 says:

Heritage Foundation: 1,132 proven instances of election fraud

At the very end of his presidency, Barack Obama instructed the nation to pay no attention to allegations of vote fraud, that such allegations were “fake news.”

Whom are you going to believe?  Barack Obama or actual, verified data?  Such as this from the Heritage Foundation:

The Heritage Foundation added 26 new entries to its election fraud database, bringing the searchable ledger to a total of 1,132 proven instances of election fraud.  That includes 983 cases that ended in a criminal conviction, 48 that led to civil penalties, 79 where defendants were enrolled in a diversion program, and 22 cases of official or judicial findings of fraud.

Americans should be alarmed.  These entries represent irrefutable evidence that fraud has impacted elections in 47 states, and across all levels of government.

Of course, the game of the Democrats is to avoid at all costs any of the safeguards against fraud, such as photo ID requirements.  That should tell anyone with integrity what they are up to.  But most media continue to ignore this stain on democracy.

23. phoenixRising says:

• piper567 says:

Gotta hand it to Ms. Candace…She has more oomph than the entire Senate and House Leadership, together with almost all of Congress, and is just fearless. Such courage.
      I am so glad Kanye West has brought attention to her work.
      Andrew would love her.

• phoenixRising says:

I LUV Candace!

• Marygrace Powers says:

Right piper567/ smart, articulate & fearless.

• Dekester says:

I watched her on Hannity last night.

Good gracious what a courageous and eloquently spoken young lady. She can’t last though. When she articulated that if only 5% more of the Black vote swung to PDJT. It would be all over for the Dems. It would be lights out for them. ( I am paraphrasing.)

I figured the leftist destroyers will be after her big time.

Agreed she is such a contrast to your Republican leaders in Congress, watching weasels like the Senator from Wisconsin refuse to say on CNN if he will support PDJT in 2020, or Ted Cruz mumble and stumble through a T.V. Interview. Is just pitiful.

God bless PDJT

• ladypenquin says:

One of her tweets the other day was extraordinary, IMO, to express simply but powerfully, in a nutshell, what has happened to the African-American being used by the Democrat Party.

• Chris says:

her tweet;

“Far right? Allow me to clarify: I believe the black community can do it without hand-outs. I believe the Democrats have strapped us to our past to prevent us from our futures. And I won’t stop fighting until all black Americans see that.
          I’m not far right—I’m free.”

“Democrats have strapped us to our past to prevent us from our futures.”
          “I’m not far right–I’m free.”

The first speaks directly to Black, (and other Democrat victim groups) the later is a statement we can all embrace. It’s the Left who stays enslaved – poverty of thought, brainwashed and brain-dead, and unable to exist outside of their robotic safety zone. Almost as if they’re afraid of the truth.

” I’m not far right—I’m free.”

• highdezertgator says:

Boom abortion ….”Which has murdered 17 million black babies” it is called genocide
      There are 3000 abortions of all skin tones (humans) everyday… Not one media outlet played that cut…. morally bankrupt

24. boot says:

Reading the Special Counsel’s response to Manafort’s motion to the court to suppress
    evidence that the government obtained pursuant to a warrant authorizing the search of his residence located in Alexandria, Virginia. https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000162-f569-d230-a36b-f7fd96d20002 . I came across this statement:-
    “The warrant application had not sought permission to enter without knocking. In issuing
    the warrant, the magistrate judge authorized the government to execute the warrant any day
    through August 8, 2017, and to conduct the search “in the daytime [from] 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.”
    Doc. 264-1 at 1. The government complied fully with those date and time conditions, and
    Manafort does not contend otherwise. ”

I think it is widely believed that the FBI smashed down Manafort’s apartment door on a “no-knock” basis. It appears that Manafort has not accused the FBI of behaving unreasonably when serving the warrant and presumably there was no forcible entry by the FBI into Manafort’s apartment.

The other item of information new to me is that the first FBI warrant to search Manafort’s storage unit was on 27 May 2017 i.e. only 10 days after the appointment of Mueller as the SC. Therefore it appears that the investigation of Manafort was well underway before Rosenstein appointed Mueller and that Mueller’s recruits such as Weissmann would not have been in place.

• WSB says:

That timeline should be explored. You may want to email that to the address up top.

• boot says:

Not sure how the timeline would be important ….. except perhaps if the FBI team actioning the 27 May warrant included officers who we now know were dirty e.g. Strzok etc. As far as I am aware, Manafort has not (yet?) disputed the validity of the warrants etc because of compromised officials previously in Mueller’s team.

What also interest me in respect of the warrant to search Manafort’s apartment is the justification which included actions by not only Manafort but also his wife and Gates e.g. as an extract from my previously linked SC’s response:-
        “The Affidavit amply justified a search of that scope. It described at length facts giving
        reason to believe that Manafort and Gates had committed, among other offenses, tax crimes, violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), and money laundering through their decade-long work for Ukraine and funneling of money back into the United States. Those facts made it reasonable to seek evidence not just in Manafort’s own financial records relating to the Subject Offenses, but those of his close business associate (Gates), his wife, and companies affiliated with those three individuals. Indeed, given the tax and banking crimes among the Subject Offenses, an examination of all financial records for the period was necessary for investigators to understand all sources of Manafort’s income, whether legitimate or illegitimate.”

• Remington..... says:

Speaking g of Herr Mueller, i.e. seem to recall Judge Sullivan giving him a deadline to produce ALL Information used to…railroad…Gen. Flynn.

The clock has struck 12:00….Whatever happened here? So much info it’s hard to keep track of who’s on first.

• ablefox says:

They had already investigated him but decided not enough evidence to prosecute. Muelley overrode that.

• WSB says:

That makes sense.

• boot says:

With respect, I disagree with that bald statement … how would any of us know that “they” had already investigated Manafort but decided not enough evidence to prosecute.

The first search warrant was served on 27 May only 10 days after Mueller was appointed … highly improbable that Mueller would look at the evidence; reverse a decision not to prosecute and have all the procedures completed to prepare and present a search warrant within that time scale. The warrant was processed and served by existing officials in DOJ/FBI … not new recruits to Mueller’s team.

Also, SD has already suggested that Comey’s existing DOJ/FBI investigation team just transferred over to Mueller ….. it is much more probable that the search warrant would have been served on Manafort even if Comey had not been fired and Mueller appointed.

25. wheatietoo says:

Candace Owens segment on Hannity’s show:

• singingsoul says:

Candace is beautiful insight out. She is a very mature woman and her outlook on life does not only apply to black people but to all people. She is inspirational that anyone who sees themselves as free can achieve anything they desirer.
      I hope the black community wakes up because the other alternative is bleak and enslavement.

26. phoenixRising says:

If you support him for Speaker, LET HIM KNOW

• NewOrleans says:

Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows gave us Paul Ryan.

Jim would certainly be preferable to what’s currently in Leadership, but Devin Nunes or Matt Gaetz would be a better choice as Speaker.

• Montana says:

I would like Jim Jordan he is a straight shooter.

• phoenixRising says:

I prefer Nunes remain as chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence…

Jim Jordan has proven to me to ‘have the right stuff’ –

• NewOrleans says:

Paul Ryan lied to his face. Then, Paul Ryan went in front of the cameras and said Jim Jordan lied about their conversation

And Jim STILL voted for Paul Ryan to be Speaker. Not exactly the stuff I’d prefer in a Speaker.

• singingsoul says:

I like Jim Jordan and if crosses us in OH he will know.
            I agree there are several good choices, I just hope that the GOP does not select whom they want but Jordan, Nunes Gains any one of those are good choices. There is hope that the pressure from the establishment and swamp does not influence the person of choice.

27. phoenixRising says:

28. phoenixRising says:

29. citizen817 says:

OPINION…very good

Trump’s Raw Deal

John P. Warren  | April 23, 2018

Donald Trump has gotten the rawest deal in the past 50 years.

30. wheatietoo says:

Heheh.

31. citizen817 says:

• NewOrleans says:

A week and a half ago, she was all over President Trump for starting WW3 by bombing Syria. Now, with her newly pumped up lips, she’s back to kissing butt.

She can’t make up her mind!

• MAGA_Berserker says:

Agree with above: it’s President Trump to you, shorty!

• singingsoul says:

MAGA_Berserker says:
          “Agree with above: it’s President Trump to you, shorty!”
          _____________________________________________
          I do not mind that Lora called the President “Trump”. I am not the speech police and it is a reflection on her if she does not say President. If she has a good topic and she is honest I listen to he on You Tube and if she is flat I skip. I do that with many shows .

• rvsueandcrew says:

For some of us, reading “Trump this….” and “Trump that…” is very annoying in its lack of respect for our President and the office of the presidency. Of course, if it doesn’t bother you, that’s okay.

Reminding folks to give that well-deserted respect, especially for a man who is disrespected unrelentingly by hordes, is a small but important way to support him. Let’s not call each other “speech police.” We’re in MAGA together, arm in arm.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Hey…Duuuuuuuuude….she did get some work done….looks like an expensive job too..

Eyes…nose….face….and she seems to be hiding her cross now..

Should get some before and after….

And if you meet her….it’s just….Hey Ingram..

32. citizen817 says:

33. phoenixRising says:

34. citizen817 says:

35. citizen817 says:

36. citizen817 says:

37. citizen817 says:

• MAGA_Berserker says:

Citizen, General Sundance may be the head honcho in these parts, but your selfless uncompensated efforts in POTUS thread are truly appreciated by many. Thank You for what you do so reliably. 🙂

• Sylvia Avery says:

Joe DiGenova’s entire segment on Tucker was worth watching. He came out swinging. He called the Muller investigation a fraud. He said Comey knew that there was no evidence/basis for either a criminal or counterintelligence investigation into Trump and that is why he didn’t brief the Gang of 8 and managed to avoid that whole thing till the Congresswoman asked an inconvenient question.

Joe says Comey kept the investigation from Congress because he knew if he briefed them on it he’d have to answer questions, and he was doubtless prepared to lie since he has proven he lies easily.

Any of that sound familiar, friends??? Grin.

• ablefox says:

He will have to sing. Or move to Sing Sing.

38. America First says:

Someone dropped off $50,000 in cash – twice – to the lawyer of the husband of the woman who is technically the “victim” of MO governor Eric Greitens, just saw on GWP. Lawyer won’t say from whom the money came. But we already know that Soros contributed $200,000 to the City DA campaign.

39. Joe says:

I have a fascinating story to tell Treepers.

Several years ago, maybe 5 or 6, I made friends with an Eritrean, from the horn of Africa, who called himself Ben. Shooting pool in a dive bar in the East Bay SF.

We became great friends. He came here legally, searching for a better life. He is a PROUD trashman. Very proud to have a secure job and the American dream.

Well about three years into meeting him for pool, a well dressed, charismatic, I believe Palestinian, came into the bar and made friends, drank, and tried to ingratiate himself. I liked to keep to myself in an environment like that – great pool tables, cold, cheap beer so what can I say? – but I’m a big man and the big white guy hanging out with the skinny Eritrean stuck out. It was funny, actually and this Palestinian took notice.

Ben is quintessential American. He loves beer, BBQ & good friends…and women. I mean, the pursuit of happiness and all that…believe me, he came from dirt poor. So sure, how can you not be friends?

So eventually, This Palestinian character started working on Ben, guilt tripping him about his Muslim background and I could see Ben was troubled. Conflicted. But I said nothing. But I was boiling. Like I said, Ben is my friend.

One Saturday night, I typically avoid them, but Ben and I were in a hardcore pool competition and it went late into the night we whipped any competition that tried to take the table so we could be at each others throats. Talked a lot of trash.

In comes the Palestinian. With some back up and he beelines to Ben whispering his vitriol, clearly disturbing him. Although Ben and I never spoke of it, I knew what was going on.

Let me pause, and inject the most indescribable ability for two friends to connect on an unspoken level, its man shlt but its real and Ben and I connected.

So amidst this crowded, God knows what the hell can happen, Saturday night, in a dive bar where rednecks, blacks, illegals, you name it, are mixed but having fun and this Palestinian starts his BS.

Well, for purely selfish reasons, I try to keep a low profile. Paid my way through college sacking QB’s on Saturdays and drunks during the week as a bouncer. So did my share.

But this time I couldn’t take it and at the worst possible time I popped a cork and went off on the Palestinian. Without the language, I told him I knew what he was up to and to leave Ben alone. This guy was shocked. So was his crew. It was very hair raising, but they backed down and left.

I turned to Ben and apologized. In an environment like that, you don’t jump people aggressively, publicly…never a good idea. I may have started something that Ben wanted no part of, maybe even endangered his life. Blew a gasket, what can I say?

Ben looked at me and could not say a word, but the message was communicated.

Well fast forward a couple of years. Trump economy has been good, just too busy to indulge in pool. So haven’t seen my buddy, Ben.

He reached out. You know what he called me? A “motherf####r”

He said you are”my best friend and a bad azz motherf####r”

I’ll take it.

40. jim says:

“Near the end of third period, my teacher got a call from the office saying I need to go down and see a Mr. Greenleaf. I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer. I went down and found him, and he escorted me to his office. Then a second security officer walked in and sat behind me. Both began questioning me intensely. First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.”

• churchmouse says:

‘I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer.’

Hmm.

Why wouldn’t the students know the names of the SROs? Kyle isn’t stupid.

Also, the name Greenleaf …

Time for suspicious cat to reappear.

41. MAGA_Berserker says:

One evening quite a while back, I checked the axios statistics, and figured that there are >5000 CTH lurkers for each regular poster.

I honestly hope that the time we spend posting is worth the time we spend posting, and each in our own way, we advance the battle line a little more, day by day. Every post should count.

That said, never forget that General Sundance is our overly gracious host, and that orange “Donate” button at the top right needs pushing occasionally to keep this new media healthy.

This is not a social board. This is a platform from which we are fighting an existential battle and tens of trillions of our dollars are at stake.

History is made here. For now, we contain our Cold Anger, and wait for General Sundance’s direction to assemble and ride, we remain at the ready.

42. DemsRTheRealRacists says:

IdentityEvropa protests corporations profiting from the opioid epidemic

43. Harry Lime says:

I couldn’t decide if I should laugh or scream. This panel’s response (or non-response) to Jordan Peterson’s very simple question is a perfect example of the mindset of media personalities and Hollywood losers. They still can’t figure out how Donald Trump won when no one they know voted for him. Bill Maher, after making some sense on the dangers of Islam in the recent past, is still just your typical Hollywood lefty stooge with zero critical thinking skills.

• ablefox says:

They think they are ‘enlightened’.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

They can never ever be enlightened because they never keep their mouths shut to let anything in..😎

• ablefox says:

They have shields. Deflectors, Installed in their brains. These folks are brainwashed. it is easy to see if one has critical thinking ability.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

I absolutely agree…you could call it brainwashed or an inability or purposeful inability to use ones entire brain…some call it the Mamet Principal, but I believe most of them are not that intelligent….so the best term is as you say…Brainwashed…..and…

“Most people do not have a problem with you thinking for yourself, as long as your conclusions are the same as or at least compatible with their beliefs.”

Also..the above statement portrays brainwashing….

So what breaks thru all of this….to change things…..to get thru…..

Action…pure in your face action….sometimes violent action…violent to the point of getting thru the shields…Deflectors….into their core instincts of…

Survival…..this is the basic instinct…

That is why waterboarding works….Waterboarding is not torture…”I’ve been waterboarded in training” Special Forces are water boarded in order to understand…what Waterboarding does…Waterboarding brings out that basic instinct in the human being…

Survival…….you think you are drowning, but you are not…but the instinct …that human instinct says you are….

That is what these people need…to have the “Fear of God”…fear of surviving put into their souls..

You do not do that with hearings…committees, investigations…all of this plays right into / is directly aimed at their shields….their deflectors…useless

Nuke em….put em all in chains…hang a few of them..they will squeal like pigs..

44. ladypenquin says:

Worthwhile thread from Larry Schweikart – and I believe he is correct.

45. Sylvia Avery says:

Promises made, promises kept. Illegal alien sweep in NJ. (All they got was 60? I hope it scares away a whole bunch causing them to self deport.)

46. Sylvia Avery says:

An interesting piece linked below on the Travel Ban finally being heard by the Supremes. However, it is even more interesting in the broader discussion of the power of the judicial branch and the new thing that has happened in the era of Trump, which is the judicial branch consistently over reaching and attempting to take Presidential power as their own.

About the author: Mr. Buckley is a foundation professor at Scalia Law School at George Mason University and author of “The Republican Workers Party: How the Trump Victory Drove Everyone Crazy, and Why it Was Just What We Needed,” forthcoming from Encounter.

FTA:

“… If everything Trump does is tainted with racial or religious bias, as the Democrats tell us, then it’s hard to see any limit to the scope of the judicial branch’s power in the age of Donald Trump. If so, what seemed like an idiotic lawsuit by the Democratic Party against the Republicans, for collusion with the Russians in the 2016 election, might in fact be a very astute move. The Dems have run out of evidence of collusion, and merely want to keep the issue on life support. And the remedy? If the election was tainted, why not a do-over? Why not an injunction setting aside an election? …”

47. Sylvia Avery says:

Lordy, this made me nauseous.

“Michelle Obama can’t wait to have ‘pajama party’ with Prince William and Kate Middleton’s new baby boy…”

48. Sylvia Avery says:

Update on the Trump Administrations effort to restore the welfare reform signed into law by Clinton from a Republican Congress and systematically destroyed by BO. It’s moving at warp speed, and the Governors of some red states are joining in to “make it so.”

FTA:

“Despite near-historical low unemployment rates and employers desperate to fill open jobs across the country, welfare enrollment is soaring. And overwhelmingly, the newest enrollees aren’t those the system was intended to serve — the elderly and those with disabilities, among others. Instead, they’re mainly able-bodied adults.

But now, things are changing. And they’re changing quickly.”

49. Pam says: