The National Security Council is a large intelligence bureaucracy, within the Washington DC intelligence apparatus, consisting of dozens of principles and hundreds of staff.   Many of those staffers are career officials, holdovers from prior administrations.

According to Foreign Policy, incoming National Security Adviser to the President, John Bolton, is planning a significant ‘clean house’ removing a significant number of people within the system.

(Via FP) Incoming National Security Advisor John Bolton and people close to him are expected to launch a massive shake-up at the National Security Council, aiming to remove dozens of current White House officials, starting with holdovers from President Barack Obama’s administration, according to multiple sources.

Those targeted for removal include officials believed to have been disloyal to President Donald Trump, those who have leaked about the president to the media, his predecessor’s team, and those who came in under Obama.

“Bolton can and will clean house,” one former White House official said.

Another source said, “He is going to remove almost all the political [appointees] McMaster brought in.”

A second former White House official offered a blunt assessment of former Obama officials currently detailed or appointed to the NSC: Everyone who was there during Obama years should start packing their shit.”  (read more)

This should have happened earlier…. but at least it’s a good restart now.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Election 2018, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

645 Responses to Report: New NSA John Bolton Planning Deep State Purge Within National Security Council….

1. Steven says:

Is this one way Trump is fighting back against the bloated appropriations? If an agency is downsized, there is no way every cent is being spent.

If Congress complained about spending not being made according to their dictions, their slow walking the nominees confirmations will be thrust into their faces as an excuse for being understaffed.

This is an excellent counterattack against the latest omnibus bill, if that is what it is.

• Donzo says:

Downsizing the bureaucracy is good and eliminating it is better. Department of Education? Totally outside the role of the federal government as defined by the constitution.

• The Demon Slick says:

I am hopeful that the swamp may find their victory hollow. If Trump people control the spending of the agencies then there may be a lot of latitude in the actual spending of the actual money.

• badlight02130 says:

Actually Trump can withhold funds until the last day of the Fiscal Year and then release the funds and watch them scramble until midnight when all the funds disappear.

• piper567 says:

I think Mulvaney kinda set the stage by refusing his budget…said he had plenty of funds to operate w/o a new allocation.
      Love that man!

• JJ...the first one says:

I wonder if the govt. runs like school systems’ budgets. I was always told the principals, etc. spent every dime in their budgets because if not, the next years’ budget would be less.

• Daniel says:

Yes, that is precisely how it works. When I was in the military, that was the standing directive. When I was working for the DHS, that was ALSO the directive.

So when people are upset that a spending bill becomes law, they reflexively understand that is what will be spent, it was reasonably justified. But we have seen with this administration, a statement I made during the general election right here on this site, “The congress has the power of the purse, but the president has the power not to spend it.” And how right I was when we first started to hear how upset the deep state was when Department of State spending was reduced.

Expect lots more of this.

• piper567 says:

those are BUDGET allocations.
          Thus “bill” is Not a budget.
          I have heard, over the years, that what you say is true.
          I believe that is why the line item veto is such a contentious issue. The President would like to be in control, but even the SCOTUS says no on this, I believe.
          But with a budget, Congress has the say as to how the money is spent.
          At least that is how I understand it.
          ozero used THIS kind of allocation as he damn well pleased, so I am hoping Trump can do the same.
          Beats the he!! out of me how Congress doesn’t get this.
          I believe I saw a letter from Trump to Ryan wherein Trump pretty much said this.
          If this was for real, sundance will address it.
          Something to look forward to, amen?

• Kris says:

Yes, my brother used to work for the town Highway Dept. His boss did the same thing, he figured if he didn’t spend it all, they would decrease his budget the following year!!

• josco scott says:

My first year teaching in public school was enlightening. That’s exactly what we did.
          We rewrote an entire curriculum that already existed just to use the budget.

Execrable.

• Phillie_fan62 says:

The company I worked for did the same thing. for instance the corporate office would allocate say $250,000. dollars per year to our plant for say house keeping. keeping the plant clean. We would have people asked for overtime to do that. Now that’s good for the people who get the overtime, but it also runs up the cost of operating the plant. so there would be times we had people working O T and either just standing around doing nothing, or be on break in the lunch room for half the time. a total waste of money. I asked a person who I was good friends with in management what the deal was. He told me they get X amount of money and if they don’t use it they lose it! So it’s not just in government or schools, it seems like a standard operating procedure! Which I think is totally stupid. If it was my company? there would be changes!

• PoCoNoMo says:

When I was quite young, I worked at a group home for extremely handicapped people. We had people coming in to do music shows and music lessons. The residents hated it, and would scream the whole time, but we had to journal every time, how much they enjoyed it. Same thing with holiday trips to see Santa or the Easter Bunny etc. They lived all their lives between the walls of the institution, till the government opened up group homes, and almost everything terrified them. Another thing that comes to mind was, taking the residents shopping for new shoes. These ladies’ feet never touched the ground, as they were transferred from the bed to the tub in a sling, and from the bed to their custom chairs in a sling. Some of these people were actually shaped like pretzels. The whole deal with the music, trips, new shoes even though they were PERFECT – spending all the money in the budget.

• davidb says:

Speaking of the omnibus bill, apparently there is some facts presented here by a few posters (Gunny and others) that Trump can spend it how he sees fit. The Washington Examiner just quoted Trump saying that Monday we will start building the wall.

• Christine says:

Hi davidb

Here’s a brilliant twitter thread by John Salisbury explaining that argument, including how President Trump’s EO of 21 December 2017 declaring a State of Emergency (freezing assets derived from human trafficking + corruption) furthers it.

A big shout-out to wheatitoo + another Treeper who posted research here 2 days ago, saying a similar thing. I didn’t see their original post, but it’s been picked up and posted numerous times all over r/The Donald, r/GreatAwakening + /pol/!

Now, Larry Schweikart posted this tweet thread yesterday, which disputes this conclusion. –>> However, I wonder is it because he’s confusing the Budget process (which this isn’t) with the Omnibus Bill (which this is)? I’m an Aussie, so unfamiliar with your process. (How on Earth was Obama allowed to never issue a Budget in 8 years????).

Fingers crossed John Salisbury is right, and Larry Schweikart is wrong!

• piper567 says:

david, sure do hope that is true!

• scarlettbr says:

No following the rules. The post is about Bolton and any deviation will get you booted. I followed the rules and still can’t seem to post.

• Perot Conservative says:

I hope so. I am sure the demons on the Left (not all Lefties, but some) will do everything to continue the flood of their future voters.

PDJT had 3 key tweets this AM. Read them!

“Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

“Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich. Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!”

• wightmanfarm says:

These stories give me hope !

2. talkietina says:

I am seriously going off now to watch a movie. All this Travolta stuff giving the fist sign, made me want to watch Saturday Night Fever, for the music and dancing.

But I was watching this stupid movie this afternoon, called Club Life, on Amazon Prime, and it was so lame, I turned it off half way through. So then I wanted to watch Party Monster, with Macaulay Calkin. But then, if I am going to actually rent a disco movie, I wanted to watch Boogie Nights.

I was so torn, I put the three movies on little slips of paper, dropped them in a hat, shuffled them around, and picked one.

I picked Boogie Nights!

That is the one I really wanted, deep down. Ciao.

3. E says:

Go John Go!

4. Kent says:

The thing I simply fail to understand…is…

Why do the Libby/Progs/Commies/Globalists wish to tear down greatest nation on earth? The nation which gave them their freedoms, as it did for me…

Why do they feel the need to ally with Islamic expansionists? Communists? Socialists? Totalitarians?

I get the we are sometimes foolish as impressionable young adults…but some just never grow out of the need to subvert their historical protectors…their ancestors those who came before and protected our freedoms deserve far greater credit than to be denigrated by MSM types….

I just don’t understand…..

Welcome, Mr. John Bolton…welcome aboard.

• Ospreyzone says:

Let me help you with that thought. According to a Guttmacher Institute study, well over 35% of US women have had an abortion. The guilt they carry festers into their politics and causes them to hate conservatives who support the right to life. I suspect with career minded women, such as those in media, the numbers are much, much higher.

Secondly, we now have an entire generation of young men who have never served their country. They look upon conservatives, who truly love and respect veterans, as being against them, and “them” is all they know since they are totally self-serving and self-loathing.

Finally, you have the 1960’s boomers that failed to launch. They thought that flower-Power was going to pay the bills, and they are pissed-off that it didn’t. They now occupy the halls of major universities (think Bill Ayers) and are in the business of indoctrinating your children to hate the country and worship socialism in a last ditch effort to screw “The Man.”
      Got it?

• pyromancer76 says:

Nice description, Ospreyzone. Way too many failure to thrive babies grown up and now, out of revenge, wanting to take everyone down with them. It is hard to get “old,” bearing the “visissitudes of [every] life.’

• clairebee says:

Ospreyzone- a very good analysis indeed. Guilt does fester into hatred toward those who don’t agree with you and the guilt from an abortion is very bad.

• Mary Wilson says:

Go back to the goals of the founders of the modern public school system. They set about to lower the literacy rate so that the schools would usher in socialism, eliminate faith in God, and separate children from their families.

• This is VERY much the case about women and abortion. Dear readers, I very rarely share this but I think it’s time people understand the complete and utter loss of an abortion. I had one at 20. Spent almost the next 10 years running away from what I did. It tears you up. You never forget the date of the “procedure”, the expected date of birth. Nothing kills that pain. You can fill up your time but you can’t ever stop wondering. Was it a boy, girl? They’d be in 1st grade, high school this year. Would I be a grandma now? It NEVER stops!!
        Death was the only way to stop the pain and readers, I’m a pretty strong, independent woman and have been most my life.
        A very wise woman, my mother, said you have it backwards. You won’t accept God because you can’t forgive yourself. It is God who forgives you. Note mom never knew I was suicidal or she’d been on a plane and never let me out of her site.
        Years later when that deep depression hit, and it did every year around the date I knowingly murdered my child, I was ready to end the pain.
        I went into the bathroom to end it. Then I remembered her words.
        In that tiny bathroom, on my knees, I begged for His forgiveness. January 21, 1994. The day the Lord took my pain away. If He hadn’t I couldn’t write this.
        Does it bother me at 53 and childless? Yes it does. Will I see my child in heaven? Yes I will. And I so look forward to seeing him or her. Jeremiah 1:5 before I formed you in the womb I knew you…
        Hopefully this isn’t too personal for this thread but it’s time. Time to tell the truth. Abortion doesn’t just kill a baby, it also kills a woman’s soul. Two lives are lost.
        And now?
        THIS is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
        Amen

• churchmouse says:

Brilliant post. Thank you very much for sharing what you went through. That was the most honest first-person testimony I’ve ever read about abortion: the never-ending guilt and inner torment. We do not read that — anywhere.

You must be very grateful for your mother’s wisdom. I was happy to read that you prayed fervently and that the Lord took away your pain.

If only more women in the same situation were like you, the world would be a much better place.

May God continue to bless you — and your mother — abundantly.

• Name Redacted says:

Long before I met her, my wife had an abortion because at the time she was single with a son and saw no alternative. That was 50 years ago. She still sometimes dreams about a little blonde girl visiting her.

Children grow up and leave home, but an aborted child stays forever.

• formerdem says:

aborted children sometimes save the souls of their parents, just as here, so i think the meeting in heaven will be Joy. Like Joseph and his brothers. you say, they were too little to be moral actors. i say, Germain Grisez said that if the community reaches out in prayer to a child, this is analogous to the baptismal process, such that it may be the effective step to baptism, so why shouldn’t the child be a savior to her mom as she might have if born? Should. Can. IMO. Let’s pray. (short enough?)

• blind no longer says:

Fantastic post YS, God Bless you and keep you. I imagine you speak for a lot of women who had this same experience!

• Harry Balzak says:

God bless you for having the courage to tell the truth! Very powerful. May He continue to use you to bless and help others!

• MTeresa says:

Thank you for your heartfelt post.

• JC says:

YStat, my deepest, heartfelt thanks for sharing your beautifully-written story. My heart breaks for your years of agony, and I am thrilled for you that you will meet your precious child someday. There is deep joy in that anticipation, and in the knowledge that he or she spent their childhood with the Savior, surrounded by pure love and indescribable beauty.

• blind no longer says:

Amen Os, you nailed it!

• talker2u says:

Why? Because they are enemies of God Almighty. Their mission, that is, the compulsion of those who plug in to this vicious evil force, is to oppose God.

Every thing He wants for us and commands for us humans to do is hateful to them: male with female sexuality only; father and mother families; communities of respectful, caring neighbors; law and order; our Second Amendment; two genders only; etc.

Our republic is a gift from God. The blessing of the U.S.A. is God’s.

(BTW, a proof of this is that the clarity of this blessing has been witnessed by millions of disparate peoples — humans from every corner of the earth, non-stop, for more than 240 years).

They exist solely to be opposed and defeated.
      The test is ours.

• Daniel says:

The top elites want this because they know they will be in control of it all. The rest want it because they all have some foolish idea that they will be happier under them.

• piper567 says:

My theory is that Americans have never been vassals. We are a free people.
      Evil is desirous of minions. Evil is desirous of vassals.
      And we do not seem to be interested in becoming minions or vassals (unless we are snowflakes or soyboys). And some of us believe we should be armed as a God-given right.
      Pretty sure this is not routine as far as Countries go.
      We have always been free once we skunked the Brits.
      I don’t believe this is true of any other Country, certainly not a Modern one.
      Must be tamed.
      Not going to be pretty if it comes down to the wire.
      Why we must have and keep the 2nd Amendment.
      At all costs.
      The Founding Fathers knew a thing or two ab human nature.
      God’s gift to the world: a Free Land where actual people may flourish and defend their right to flourish. And have the means to defend their lives.
      People willing to die in an effort to get here is all the proof we need that this Country is The Last Great Hope on this Earth.
      Those of us providentially born here must see to it that America remains free.
      Thank God we have been provided with a Leader capable of understanding these basic realities, one willing and able to defend Our Land.

• CirclinTheDrain says:

It’s simple. A lot of people hate freedom – most because they are afraid of it and prefer being told what to do, some because they are jealous of those who use their freedom to do well, and many others because they like to control people. Even “conservatives” who choose security over freedom are semi-socialists, because they can’t wait to give away their, and our, rights.

It’s a problem that will never be fixed. Remember this? “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

• Perot Conservative says:

Liberalism is a mental disorder? TM Savage

5. dwlott says:

Thank heavens for even this little bit of good news today. Drain the swamp? Yes please.

• blind no longer says:

I hope Bolton drains it so much, the walls in the buildings and offices start to cave in from the giant sucking pressure!

• Kintbury54 says:

The funny thing is that no one thought the President had the balls to pick Bolton. Excuse the French. Remember Bush had to do a recess appointment to get him in the State Department. He is too much of a hard @$$ for the girls we have in the Congress.

• poodle12 says:

The president’s selection of Bolton is excellent news in my view. McMasters has presided over a nest of vipers, out to damage the president from within. McMasters is also a serious Israel hater; that sort never does good and is not upright and to be trusted. Sugar the poodle and I are so relieved he’s gone, and so proud our prez was not afraid to pull the trigger on this swamp rat — or cat, from Sugar’s POV.

6. Brant says:

Just think, they have spent about 30 years building up the entrenched (institutional knowledge, big LOL) deep state since Bush 1. Just by Trump scrubbing the decks for 8 years……and make sure they lose all clearances, that will set deep state back a couple decades at least.

• Grandpa says:

Brant, I believe the Deep State was born sometime just before JFK’s murder. It took the joining of some strange bed-fellows to pull that off and keep it undisclosed for over 50 years and the real PROOF was the Warren Commission Report with its Magic Bullet. If the Americans would believe that, they’ll believe ANYTHING; and we did…

• Donzo says:

Speaking of JFK, DJT’s safety greatly concerns me now that the Deep Staters are backed into a corner. Maybe it’s already too late for them to avoid the devastating penalty they so acutely deserve, but It’s something that keeps me awake at night. These are dangerous times.

• formerdem says:

They do not want Pence. So long as Pence is in place, PDJT has real protection. When somebody tries to persuade Pence that honor requires him to resign, for any reason what so ever, THAT is when to worry. His security detail is the most important one in Washington.

• President Trump will have the decks cleared in 3 years … Trump Speed.

7. Bob Thoms says:

My kinda appointment.

8. Newt Love says:

I wonder how popcorn sales are doing?
    They have to be through the roof!

Trust President Trump to give a hYuuuge lesson in Reality and TV to the dim-witted lizards that run the House and Senate on both sides of the Uni-party aisle.

God bless President Donald J. Trump!

9. repsort says:

anonymous sources?

10. Mr. T. says:

Lt. General McMasters had stated last year that he didn’t think that it was right to purge the NSC of all of the Obama appointees and then some, stating that many of them were career employees and that firing them just wouldn’t be right. I never agreed with his logic and was very disappointed that he didn’t clean house, at least getting rid of the Obama holdovers who have proven themselves to not have the country’s best interest in mind. I’m am extremely confident that Ambassador Bolton will have no problem doing what Lt. General McMaster should have done but didn’t.

11. Nicole says:

This can’t happen soon enough !

12. RLC2 says:

Personnel is policy.

With 40 years in the trenches, Bolton knows who is competent and trustworthy, and who is a hack-

Thank God we can at least hope for fewer national security abuse by the Deep State political appointees who kneel on carpets 5 times a day, telling the Empty Suit in Chief what to do,
    and no more foreign policy run by a former speechwriter and mind-melder, with his outright lies fed to a network of “27 year old know nothings” to lie to the American public,
    like that crooked corrupt Cash for Iran Nukes deal…

I still want to know what ValJar was doing at the table during the secret side agreement that even Congress cant get notes on…and why Wendy Sherman, Bubbas failed negotiator on the 1994 Nork Cash for Nukes deal, was running the show again…to bribe the Mad Mullahs in Tehran.

• Mr. T. says:

If you were a socialist progressive demoRat, it would make perfect sense to you as to why they recycled those people. To us conservatives, we have ZERO tolerance for the lying, incompetent weasels that surrounded Obama and even Obama himself.

As for Valerie Jarrett. that witch should be sitting in a cell at Gitmo, along with Obama. She’s living at his home in D.C.. Her and people like here just can’t let go. They think they’re relevant, as if the country can’t function without them. It’s actually functioning much better without her and her fellow Obama minions, but they’ll never acknowledge that.

• Perot Conservative says:

Which agreement, which meeting.

I heard extremely interesting comments about VJ from the inside.

You do know she has lived with the Obama’s for 10 years, numerous family members documented socialists.

13. Y/O, says:

Hello. Anyone asking why Sundance hasn’t made a post in 8-9 hours?

14. For all of Bolton’s faults, one thing he will do is conduct an old fashioned and thorough political purge of the Marxists, socialists, Establishment trash and other traitors on the NSC. Good riddance to all of them, and let misery and poverty accompany them to their rapidly approaching dying days.

And I’d wager, if Bolton could he’d probably have them shot on the South Lawn, but that might be a bit out of his brief.

15. Cat Lady says:

So, do you think it’s just possible that:

– Trump left Obama holdovers / Deep State in place on purpose so he could monitor their communication and find out exactly what was going on? Meanwhile, they get cocky, thinking they’re getting away with it, which stimulates them to talk more and more!

– The under-the-Radar EOs on human trafficking, military tribunals, expanding Gitmo etc are all now in place so the policy framework to “Drain the Swamp” is complete.

– the final puzzle piece was the “omnibus” bill whose previous title was also something to do with human trafficking (it was in the comments on one of yesterday’s posts). In this bill are all the resources needed for one or more IGs, trials at military facilities (tribunals), etc. Trump said “let me have the military money and you can have whatever you want” and they totally went for it!! He’s now ready to pull the trigger VERY SOON on multiple arrests of prominent Dimms WITH THE ADDED BENEFIT of having sucked them in and exposed them on NOT REALLY WANTING DACA!!

The bill is good until September, at which time the DNC steering committee/ HRC campaign staff will be meeting in the chow line at Gitmo (ie, a political tsunami will have occurred) PLUS he has them where he wants them in the issues: against tax cuts, unlimited abortion, unlimited illegal immigration, don’t care about the Dreamers, and more.

He said “I’m never signing another bill like this one” because he knows the whole world is changing soon!! The Swampers that demanded all the pork will be revealed very soon, so they won’t be in position to ask!!

Am I close??

• Cat Lady says:

Oh and I left out:

So now that all Hell is fixing to break loose, he has to “clean house” in the NSA, White House and elsewhere so that all the Obama holdovers etc don’t get a heads up before it goes down!!

• I do like the way you think!

• Daniel says:

I have suspected that to some degree. When I made the connection between Trump’s “running out the clock” tweet and the 11th hour firing up McCabe, I was like “no… yeah… this was carefully timed.” The clock running out tweet and then at the 10th hour that recommendation to fire McCabe was made public which provided full justification for Sessions to fire McCabe right at the end. There may have been other things like this I have missed but I started looking for them when Sundance pointed out that it is the DOJ under Sessions which have been releasing the OIG findings, not the OIG himself.

When connecting what is released and who is releasing it and then asking why, it starts to look like a plan.

• You’re not close – you’re OVER the TARGET with BOMBS AWAY.

Prepare for major FLAK and MEDIA JAMMING.

16. A. says:

God bless him & keep him safe. This also needs to happen at the govt. offices like HHS & HUD & DOD & the CDC & FDA & CIS & DHS, etc., etc., etc. Weed out all of the snakes in the grass working against Trump, America, & true Americans.

17. New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

‘…should start packing their sh*t’

😂🤣 Haha! That took me by surprise and made me giggle like a silly school girl.

Thanks for the laugh, Sundance.

18. Beverly says:

Add Bolton to our prayer list: Lord, protect him and his family, give him wisdom, strength, and Victory over the forces of darkness. AMEN.

19. Blade says:

“Bolton can and will clean house,” one former White House official said.

A second former White House official offered a blunt assessment of former Obama officials currently detailed or appointed to the NSC: “Everyone who was there during Obama years should start packing their shit.”

Anonymous sources aside, all I can say is Yes, please.

Whoever these quotes are taken from must be from that first wave of Flynn-preferred staffers who were allegedly removed by McMasters staff and/or holdovers from DingleBarry. They sure sound like folks feeling vindication, and I’m cool with that.

There is some Schadenfreude here to enjoy since it was mostly the Enemedia driving the narrative of McMasters staff in conflict with Trump, stirring the pot by leaking to Mike Cernovich and others, hoping to fracture the “base”, and now they might regret what they wished for and indeed helped make happen. It’s kinda like when Roseanne Barr told off Jimmy Kimmel ( he accused her of being formerly ‘liberal, while she said it was they who moved far left over the cliff ) and she ended by saying ‘We want the President to succeed’ and finally that if they impeach Trump they get Pence: Do you want Pence to be President?. I believe there was a flicker of Holy crap. WTF were we thinking! going through Kimmel’s empty head.

If Trump keeps appointing “far right” replacements for the people the leftists manage to drum out of office, the potential for Schadenfreude is high, and Trump simultaneously manages to get them to shut up in the process. The uniparty does not expect the people they run out of town to be replaced with worse people. BTW, this is good strategy as it is the opposite of the Reagan years when all his “rightwingers” and friends were systematically replaced with uniparty scum leaving him completely alone. This would be truly turning the tables on the enemy. I hope he has a list of hardline anti-leftists ready to go. Ya wanna bounce out my people? Okay, here comes yer worst nightmare. That’s how he should play them from now on. Watch them stop trying to removed Trump’s team out of sheer terror of who might be coming in next.

20. Pyrthroes says:

Since Jackson’s time, this turnover of second-level administrative/regulatory “support” personnel has been mis-characterized as a “spoils system”, as if government officials were red/black tokens in a bureaucratic board game.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Though the Founders’ Constitution, for good historical reasons, neglected to address the careerist, ineffably partisan-political Fourth Branch, let’s face it: Personnel is destiny. In all human endeavors whatsoever, butlers (“bottlers”) and Masters of the Hunt, Officer Managers and Palace Guards are key.

Anyone with doubts should browse history from Greco-Roman times through Capetian “Mayors of the Palace” and England’s Stuart (Steward) dynasty, nevermind layabout Chinese Emperors with their $100,000 bowls of noodles. Captains of the Guard, Grand Viziers and Major Domos, habitually work around or undermine a ruler to gain influence, encompass their own ends.

Not only should Trump give activist John Bolton free rein to “clean house”, ensuring that adjuncts know who’s boss, but he and dedicated, loyal staff should work to institutionalize Administration turnovers on a government-wide scale. Absent this, no Deep State is ever drained, no Swamp Creatures ever cease to circle a Presiding Officer’s low-freeboard bateau.

• ukibob22 says:

And Karl Martel who was the major domus of the Merowinger Kings in europe – he replaced them by his own Family and was the Grandfather of Karl the great. (and removed the post of major domus…)

21. Name Redacted says:

Breaking news: Stormy Daniels to reveal affair with John Bolton!

Breaking news: Bolton under investigation in Mueller probe!

Breaking news: David Hogg denounces Bolton as “old-ass”!

22. davecatbone says:

What does this say about McMaster?

• Dar Adal says:

McMaster should have never been appointed to that position. I understand why POTUS needed to fire Gen. Flynn but why didn’t he name Bolton as his replacement back then instead of McMaster who now has had 12 months to undermine Trump’s agenda.

23. Bailey Burk says:

Of the 587 key federal jobs that require Senate confirmation, 364 still have no nominee, according to the Partnership for Public Service. That has raised speculation that Trump intends to leave numerous jobs unfilled indefinitely.

24. Al says:

Great. Nothing seems to have worked every well for most if not the departments & agrncies of government. Our over $120T debt & liabilities speeaks for itself.

25. Andy says:

Bolton is a psychopath. He was part of the original WMD lie team that got us involved in Iraq. He has been openly boosting war with Iran for 20 years. That’s where he’s going to try to take us. If he does, I’ll be in the streets with the protestors and work actively to get Trump impeached. An assault on Iran will violate the non-interventionist policy he told us he would pursue. Nothing justifies hiring this clown.