President Trump conducts a press availability for Friday March 23rd, 2018.  We are expecting additional briefing from the White House on the omnibus spending bill coming from congress.  Anticipated start time 1:00pm EST.

UPDATE: Video Added

WH Livestream Link  – RSBN Livestream LinkNBC Livestream LinkWaPo Link

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,441 Responses to President Trump and Sarah Sanders White House Press Briefing – 1:00pm EST Livestream

1. RH says:

The Chinese bimbos Ryan and McConnell forced our POTUS hands into signing this rotten K Street Omnibus bill. It was a necessary evil that to be done for taking care of many other objectives.
    To name a few –
    1. China Trade and military Aggression.
    2. ISIS
    3. Russia
    4. North Korea
    5. Iran

I stand with Trump.

• WSB says:

Count me in. All in.

• okapisage says:

I haven’t posted for a long time, but I do want to add my voice to RT and everyone else who says that they will stand with Trump, regardless. This omnibus bill is a bitter pill to swallow, and I feel almost crushed by it! But what it shows to me more than anything else is that Trump is such a true patriot! He lost a lot in this, and I’m sure the temptation to veto was very great. But in the end he put the military first. Reopening the budget process might have risked some of those very real gains for national defense already gotten. So I respect what must have been a very painful decision.

And I do not think it is the end of the story. Look at his campaign in the primaries, where he clearly prioritized one opponent to defeat at a time, then moved on to the next, in an overall winning strategy. And he had some losses before he won in the end. That will happen again now.

I do agree with other posters who said that had the Alabama and Pennsylvania special elections turned out differently, he might have had more power going in — but that is our job, to get those elections won! And to force a cleanup of illegal voting and Soros voting machine fraud!

We are counting on Trump to do so much for us. We need to stand with him, or all will be lost. I read someplace that the GOPe wanted to crush Trump’s base and cause them to abandon him after this omnibus bill — well, I think anyone who would do so has not really been on his side in the first place. Nobody could have gone through all of the trials and tribulations of these past many months, which affect us personally as well, without having forged a very deep personal loyalty to this man who, beyond his faults, truly loves this country and us, the ordinary American people. That’s what I have to say!

• Carrie2 says:

RH, it is only a bill and not a law, so Trump can spend the way he wants, hopefully not giving any to PP, or other garbage, but for the military and the wall. They have not blocked them, but sure wanted to. Drain the Congress Swamp NOW!

• jello333 says:

I just never understood why the Planned Parenthood issue had to be the way it is. I mean obviously they do a lot of other things (some good) besides abortion, right? So what would be so difficult to explicitly state, in the funding bill, that “Abortion or abortion counseling shall NOT be performed using these funds. Criminal penalties attach if disregarded.” ?? What’s preventing them from adding that kind of language?

2. km says:

He should of veto it and then let them over ride his veto. Blame would of been on them.

• Carrie2 says:

km, the blame is on them but they think they have outsmarted Trump. No way, it is a bill and he can spend the money any way he wishes. Too smart but have really hurt themselves in the 2 parties in 1. Never forget that Trump plays a tough hand and Congress consists mostly of just greedy, power hungry brainless creatures we elected/hired to represent us and then they go off and represent MONEY and supposed power, while we are the Republic for the People who are the government. Keep this in mind and let’s vote for new candidates with our provisos to do that for which we hired them and never vote again for anyone who already has had to 2 terms and that will drain many in November and a whole lot more in 2020.

3. mnwild1961 says:

this is the first time that I have questioned Pres. Trump. After reading many of the comments, I have to hope that Pres Trump has a larger plan in place as this budget stinks. I thought that Presidents had line item veto powers?

• Mariainohio says:

I’m with you. I have supported him 100%…..until this omnibus bill. I often come here for some MAGA infusion but even here I am finding divided support. Since the people who post here are Beyond knowledgeable and have so much expertise, I thought I would pose a question:

Is there ANY chance that border funding is part of defense spending and Trump pulled a fast one on the dems or is that too much to hope for?

• Rhoda R says:

Line item vetoes haven’t been Constitutionally tested. I don’t think that’s a particular hill that Trump is interested in fighting on – he’s got too many other issues that he needs to control.

• SharonKinDC says:

Did have. The line item veto went away a long time ago.

4. winky says:

I believe our President wanted to show the world what traitors the dems are and where their loyalties are. They are even traitors to those illegal dreamers. He is playing them because they have made his life very difficult.He will get the money he needs and not fund what he does not want to. He is not selling out his base and there is a method to his madness! I have learned my lesson about doubting him and I will not do that again.

• winky says:

PS….McConnell and Ryan are stupid because they have been paid off to sell out their country so they do not have to think beyond that…..They are not street smart like our president which is sometimes more important than being book smart….It makes you a fighter.

5. Mike diamond says:

We stand with President Trump !!! And Sarah Sanders!!!! The press briefings should only be held about once a week or less do to the hateful press!!!!

6. Guffman says:

I’m so glad President Trump has so much more fortitude than all the week-kneed, Debby-downers here, willing to throw in the towel because they didn’t get what they wanted today. Do you *honestly* think that Trump got what he wanted and didn’t labour over this decision? There’s always a very good, well-thought out reason for each of his moves and you can be sure today is no different. While I understand the disappointment at his signing of this bill, all of the sadsacks here willing to now throw in their MAGA towel clearly never really understood Trump in the first place.

The country *NEEDS* that military funding. As others have pointed out, for a start, you can’t have military tribunals, and military run prisons without military funding. I could be wrong, but I’m one of the ones who believe that there WILL be military tribunals in the very near future. So today, the ‘bird in the hand’ rule applies – Trump, and the country, NEEDS this funding and cannot afford to pass it up and possibly lose a good portion of it.

And lest everyone forget, Obama spent almost this much on a yearly basis with absolutely NO plan to pay it back (and with not nearly the whining we’re hearing here today – citizens generally just rolled their eyes and drove on). In contrast, Trump has an excellent plan already largely in place for money to pour back into the economy and the country and pay off his AND Obama’s debts!!

• wondering999 says:

Yes, and — locally and individually, I know more than a few people who have taken on massive debts and who live without a budget. Our local public middle school featured a fundraiser with a “party” for the kids who went out and sold trinkets manufactured in China. As a “reward” the administrators blew money in front of a fan! and let the kids grab as much as they could! Some lesson in how money works…. And they did this with my tax hard-earned tax money, about 50% of local taxes goes to the schools.
      Let’s start with budgets and home and community and show how it’s done – meanwhile Trump is doing the best he can in a difficult position. Trump has, so far, done more to salvage my country and my future than any other leader out there, at grave risks to his person, family and enterprises.. that loyalty is extremely important to ME, so I’m going to be loyal to Trump in return. The war’s not over, it’s only begun, and I’m with Trump. 100%.

• wondering999 says:

Let’s not just fund the military — let’s revisit our own survival plans. Victory gardens. Making do. Because we have seditionist leaders in place who want to bankrupt and enslave us — let’s not roll over and let that happen. Trump had to pick his battles for whatever reason — and I will follow his lead.

7. I don’t understand why a BUSINESS Man would sign something he did not read.
    The PRESIDENT Knows something.
    The President is up to Something.
    The President has an Ace up his sleeve!!!!!!

• WesternWhere says:

My thoughts are that The Storm is here and this nasty pile of crap bill does not even matter in the grand scheme of things! It just keeps the government funded while the trash gets taken out.

MAGA all day. Trump is the best thing that’s happened to American Politics in my whole life.

• NC PATRIOT says:

You can bet it has been read through and through——his budget guru Mick Mulvaney was out there yesterday talking about the bill.

8. Melski says:

Turtle McConnell, Paul Rino, Chucki Schumer and Nan Puglosy are all still laughing. They put a BIG dent in President Trump’s support! SAD

9. Simone Gemma says:

Just found this site after constantly battling troll after troll on the Daily Caller and Brietbart. It’s madness that sites that are suppose to be Pro Trump allow the garbage that they do. It’s nice to not have to decipher through all the trolls for once and happy to be here. Also pleased regardless of a decision we are not privy to per Trump’s signing. I also know that he is quite capable of playing a wicked game of Chess and have full trust and faith in what he is doing. You would be hard pressed to find another individual who can Win the Presidency when going up against the CORRUPT Establishment and their 1%percent FINANCIAL backers. Sad that more aren’t giving Trump a chance, or throwing the towel in so quick, flip flopping on their so called decision to stand behind Trump. Makes you wonder if those too are just trolls trying to pretend they supported Trump to begin with.

10. calbear84 says:

Like so many Americans, I was thrilled to wake up on November 9, 2016 to know that Donald Trump was president-elect of the USA. Then I read his 100-day plan and thought it was ambitious beyond my wildest dreams. It was obvious that there would be MASSIVE resistance from the pork pushers and corruptocrats in DC, not to mention the banksters. I had serious doubts if ANYONE could bring about the reforms listed in his plan. So when I see a setback like today, I just remember what he’s trying to do, and I try to be patient and have faith. If anyone can pull this country out of the swamp, it’s PDJT.

11. RJ says:

I’m voting for PDJT in 2020. He’s the only person that has given me a pay raise in the last 10 years.

12. Publius2016 says:

How can anyone truly question signing the Omnibus Bill? First, Freedom Caucus only needed one member to challenge Speaker Ryan if this bill was not the PLAN…second, the Turtle knew he doesn’t have majority votes due to illness…third, we are already 6 months into the fiscal year and the framework was already set…half Military half Social Programs…Last, the President has moved the Republican Brand to include Builders and Dreamers…however you feel about it, there must be UNITY WITHIN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY TO MAGA!

• bulwarker says:

I question it, and there are many like me.
      If youre the Publius thats posted against the convention of states you have my deepest respect, but on this issue we diverge.

You give it 6 months, thats about right. Reset the chess board because we are playing one last match till November, and the Democrats are rallying, and its for keeps.

I am a single issue voter, and its been said before, you cannot win on capitulation. Illegals must go, period. The vast majority don’t respect our nation or culture and only wish to bludgeon us with misplaced guilt. No DACA/Dreamers, period. Not in this manifestation. Where is Trump? He promised day one they get removed, then it was 6 months amnesty until March. Well, the jig is up and yet they are welcomed.

Plenty like me are POed, and our numbers will not decrease come November. We want HARD lines, all we get is capitulation. Make of it what you will.

13. NC PATRIOT says:

You clearly don’t follow P45 on a regular basis. He never promised the dreamers would be removed. On the campaign trail he said he would have to look at that group.

Bye.