The serial bomber who was targeting the Austin Texas area is dead.   Less than an hour after CBS Austin released photographs of the suspect at a Fed-X facility, media began reporting of an officer-involved shooting on I-35 in Round Rock.  The officer shooting incident ended with the bomb suspect detonating a device to kill himself. (link)

Here’s the pictures of the suspect that were released by media moments before police moved in to capture the suspect:

(Source Link)

This entry was posted in Death Threats, FBI, Police action, Terrorist Attacks. Bookmark the permalink.

598 Responses to Austin Serial Bomber Dead – Killed Self By Detonating Device After Engagement With Police Shortly After Manhunt Photos Released…

1. From BB: “UPDATE 9:00 a.m.: The Austin American-Statesman published additional information about the deceased Austin bomber, Mark Anthony Conditt. The Austin newspaper reported that Conditt received a degree from Austin Community Collet’s Northridge Campus. He reportedly worked at Crux Semiconductor in Austin as a “purchasing agent/buyer/shipping and receiving.

The owner of Crux Semiconductor told KVUE his company let Conditt go in August.

Conditt reportedly built a house in Pflugerville with his father, Pat Conditt. The home is where the suspect has been living.

KVUE reports that Conditt had very little social media interaction. It does not appear they suspect had any previous bombmaking experience or knowledge, the outlet reported.

A search of public records by Breitbart Texas did not reveal any previous criminal history.”

• Bill Cenne says:

With the preponderance of video security, he should have been caught immediately. Maybe they needed Walker, Texas Ranger. And when he WAS finally found, they should have intercepted him with extreme prejudice and immediately went fatal on him, saving many lives.

• Kenji says:

My thought exactly. I am a little bothered listening to all the back slapping by the various police agencies … and The Five on Fox praising how FAST they all “found” this guy … when they had video of the guy checking one of his bombs into the Fed Ex counter. I mean, how hard was that? How hard is it to DO YOUR JOB … with all your abilities to collect personal information with one call or click?

• mike says:

“… purchasing agent/buyer/shipping and receiving”
      ” …company let Conditt go in August.”
      Kinda makes you wonder if there’s some connection.
      Decades ago, one of the biggest personality lab techs in our research lab, an affirmative action hire, disappeared while I was on a trip abroad. When I asked about Harold, “Oh, he was ordering stuff for drug mfg. He got busted and they took him away”

• Charlotte says:

Is he related to GARY CONDITT?
      Anyone know?

2. I have been cross referencing close relatives with companies etc they list as email addy’s. Very strange stuff. The companies seem to be shells, and one email addy shows no such website in whois. condittorganization.com its listed twice in two different relatives email history. No website is found when entered

No match for domain “CONDITTORGANIZATION.COM”.
    >>> Last update of whois database: 2018-03-21T15:38:24Z <<<

All of the ones with their last name, or uses the last name, don't have a page, or forward to another page, like a Amway page.

Sorta odd, not necessarily more than that.

• brh82 says:

issackbickerstaff, I have a privatized domain, bought in 1994, because in those days we were changing ISP’s a ton because of mergers and speed updates and such, so owning a domain name was the only way of keeping ONE e-mail address through-out all the changes. I never wanted a web site.

• brh82, is that domain registered with ICANN. If so how do keep the domain registered. I own several domain names, don’t have to have a website to keep them up, do have unlimited emails with each. They do have to be registered. This one I refer to shows it does not exist in the database. Can you explain a little better how that can happen currently.

• brh82 says:

“Parking” a domain is what you’re doing, when you don’t have a website connected. So you might Duck Duck Go “hosts for parking domain” and explore those for which offer to keep your domain private. SHOP! because prices for parking and/or privatization vary widely. I pay for parking, e-mail forwarding, privatizing, and registration renewal, about $30 a year. You may be able to pay less if you let the Hosting company use your domain for their advertising. I don’t know how the host does the privatizing, but I know it works.

• Yes, several of mine are parked, I can put up a site with each if I want to pay the hosting fee. Parking is still requires you to register your domain name, no matter if you do or do not have a hosted website you just don’t pay for domain hosting. You have to park or someone can challenge the domain and take it. It has to be registered though to check and see if someone can buy that domain and the Icann sites will tell you if that site is already taken with a .com etc and give other options with other endings like .tv. .org. .me etc.

• brh82 says:

Unless your domains are parked for free, you are registered with a host, as am I. My domain’s privacy is protected by contactprivacy.com. To reach the domain contacts, please go to http://www.contactprivacy.com and follow the instructions.

• brh82 says:

Are you saying you are parked for free? You pay NOTHING?
              To whom do you pay registration renewal fees? That entity is your domain host. For additional fees, that entity will host your web site, if you want one.

3. Overthehorizon says:

I am glad that Law Enforcement was able to catch him as quickly as they did. However, is it really necessary to release all the details on how they went about locating him? Doesn’t that make it just that much more difficult to use the same search techniques next time and get a successful result (assuming that bad guys read media reports, too)? The general public has no need to know such details, just that the crime is under investigation or the perp has been found.

• Unfortunately it’s a case of damned if you do or damned if you don’t these days. Because the suspect died there are always activists who want to make it out either that police did not do a diligent job or that they were TOO diligent.

Plus, with the absolute silence on Benghazi, Fast & Furious, the Vegas situation and several others, keeping the details out of it leads to problems.

This is showcasing police going about things in the right way.

There are positives and negatives.

• Lurker2 says:

I think it might be a deterrent. There are some really stupid people out there who don’t know how much we are all monitored! They don’t realize cameras are everywhere or that their location is monitored via cell provider. Might cause some people to think twice before doing this stuff.

• Bill Cenne says:

agree. i am of he opinion for every nicholas cruz and mark anthony conditt, there are several more who are unable to follow through on their psychotic schemes. not exactly comforting with the preponderance of assault rifles and an internet full of mass destruction articles and instructions on how to proceed with them.

• I have a full silverware set. It’s loaded with “assault” knives, forks, and spoons… should I choose to use them to murder someone with.

There is no such thing as an assault rifle. That’s an enemedia trigger phrase, Sir.

We have to change the narrative ourselves.

• Bill Cenne says:

good question, but i consider all of these briefings, even from washington d.c. sources, as information on a “need to know” basis and not necessarily 100% accurate. which is the way it should be when the russians are listening to every word…….and Isis and Al Qaeda and God knows who all.

• That heavy.com article states he lived on North Second. That is not the address listed on the site I use, and it lists three others living at the same address which is not N Second. maybe he moved. It has close relatives living in the house Not on N Second. If he is unemployed how does he afford rent and his other expenses. Unemployment? Daddy/Mommy? he is worth a million bucks?

Lets see if the media can straighten this all out. I mean we can trust them right

• mimbler says:

One of the articles says he built the house where he is living with his Dad’s help,

• mazziflol says:

“Mark Conditt lived on North Second Street in Pflugerville, according to local news reports. ”

Nothing unusual there. Simply stating what was reported from local news sources.

• Yes, I know what they said and it might be/is correct. What I am saying I pay for research site to find people etc for various reasons. They show him and relatives living on another street. I am not going to publish the street address.

With the other house given out now means there are no records to point the research service in the direction of the (new) house they gave.

No mail delivery, credit/debit card. Anything that would put that address with his name into a database. Intentional, who knows. I know where his parent(s) or relatives live in the same city, and he is still listed as living there on my service. Just a piece of detail.

Since he has roommates he might be getting his money from their rent. Explains where he receives money,.. or not. Long ago I did that to generate some extra cash with a friend who needed a place during a divorce and starting a new life etc.

The address I have may be his “official” residence for receiving mail bills etc. he does not give out the address for the new house with the roommates. he may or may not stay their on a regular basis, still uses the family home to pick up mail.

4. Publius2016 says:

No current photos??? Dailymail has “blog” from 2012 when he was “16”??? Story will become clearer once “friends and family” interviewed…

• Molly Pitcher says:

I’m beginning to discount anything allegedly written by him. The hordes of anti Trump orgs have the capability to alter anything on the web. Don’t know what is true and what isn’t.

5. JohnP says:

6. JohnP says:

Crux Manufacturing hired Conditt about four years ago when he was 19. Conditt’s employer said he “seemed like a smart kid who showed a lot of promise.” The owner said Conditt did a little bit of everything, from purchasing to sales, in their turnkey engineering and machine shop operation. The company makes semi-conductor parts for several different industries.

“He was very quiet and introverted,” the owner said.

The small business owner said, over time, Conditt did not meet job expectations and was given several warnings and opportunities to improve.

“He would prioritize things in his own way,” he said.

Those priorities did not coincide with the company’s vision and Crux Manufacturing fired Conditt last August, according to the owner.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

This really sounds like the pattern of when schizophrenia shows up in a young man. Just Sayin’

• Kenji says:

And since I am the proud parent of a bi-Polar, schitzophrenic child who FIRST presented his mental illness his freshman year at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo … this sort of mental illness presents commonly at this age. And dope smoking REALLY doesn’t help the development of the adolescent brain.

• covfefe999 says:

But I don’t think schizophrenics are randomly violent and want to kill strangers, do they? Dropping package bombs off at peoples’ houses? Sending one through FedEx? Doesn’t seem to fit that type of mental illness.

I’m more inclined to think he was a spoiled brat who had mommy and daddy to fall back on whenever he failed. They put him in a brand new house.

• Smoking dope isn’t helping any aspect of the brain at any age. Too many people use it their entire lives and it alters their realities in a negative aspect. For sure.

You’d be surprised at who does it and you don’t even know, I am & quite often.

I did it for years, but then had to grow up! 😉

• Grendelssohn says:

My 23 yr-old son was baffled by the number of young men of his generation who work permanently stoned. Then he started finding the common denominator; Their gateway drug? Ritalin. Many of them have been stoned since they were five.

7. youme says:

Could this guy been duped into dropping off a package for someone?

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Wearing a blond wig, baseball hat and plastic gloves?? Knowing what was happening in the area that the pkg was addressed to, w no return address, he’d have to be a moron to get duped into that.

• graphiclucidity says:

Did they also dupe him into wearing gloves to hide his fingerprints and a wig to disguise himself?

• Kenji says:

Why would he try to hide his fingerprints? Are his fingerprints already in some database? If so, why?

• graphiclucidity says:

Let me guess… because he’s a CIA contractor working secretly for Wal-Mart to destroy Amazon? And the CIA & FBI went along with this diabolical plan because they want to distract from their own crimes and, in the process, take away people’s second amendment rights to make and own bombs?

Or…

He was being careful to hide his fingerprints and DNA, you know, just in case.
          Because, ummmm, he didn’t want to be caught yet?

Or wait…
          Maybe it’s not really this guy on video who really did the bombings and Mark Anthony Conditt is just a patsy! See, they even used all three of his names, like Lee Harvey Oswald, in Texas – that proves it right there!

🤯

• kenji says:

And yet he had his finger on the deadman’s trigger and went out in a blaze of glory? He wasn’t too careful about any other number of identifying factors. Me? Less of a conspiracy theorist than you. Far less. But just like so many of these actors … they KNOW they’re going to get caught and DIE … so a minor detail of fingerprints seems hardly relevant to their entire MO

• jonvil says:

Was he also duped into blowing himself up?

8. JohnP says:

9. Patty FromTexas says:

MFlynnJr is asking if there might be more than one bomber. The MO was different in several cases, Who does that? Someone trained overseas?

• Notmeagain says:

Someone who had to learn bombmaking on the internet and is trying different methods? It seems like he was not very stealthy with the phone or the FedEx office (what a phony wig) — “quiet and introverted” sounds a little schizy.

10. I tried to view the houses on that street. The location of where the vehicles are blocking the street I can see the house on the left and right side of the street where the vehicles are parked. Looks nice and manicured lawn on the left. across the street looks abandoned.

However if you cross the next street after the vehicles that house is completely obscured by putting a filter over that house. Can’t see a thing. google has blocked out viewing it.
    WHY. plus by doing that one can easily identify which house. and a little more work get the addy.
    Strange

11. Binkser1 says:

I will say one thing (sorry if it’s already been mentioned): It took them 24 hours to release the FedEx footage of the suspect but six months later we haven’t seen any video footage from the Vegas massacre, even though Las Vegas may be the most “recorded” place in our country.

12. Can someone else confirm this. I used google Street view. it matches the image show in the post above with the emergency vehicles in it. That photo with the cars is almost exactly where the photog took the photo of the vehicles down the street and matches very closely the starting point where google earth put me looking down the street without the emergency vehicles.

When I went to sky view and looked down (pin is still set at the same corner location 2nd and Walnut on my view, the friggin houses have changed. Much much nicer homes. does not match the homes or how many from the street view. i did it several Times to make sure, and zoomed in to make sure I was at the same Corner. Loading is taking a long Time also.

13. Mark McQueen says:

The Sherlock Holmes’ of Hindsight are out in force, I see. 🙂

• That is neither a confirmation or denial Mark, nor any research. What is the point of your post

• Mark McQueen says:

A confirmation or denial of what? These types of threads are often amusing but oh so predictable. I suppose I didn’t watch enough CSI on TV.

• mimbler says:

Certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find the crowdsourcing interesting.
          And on some cases like Treyvon and the girl killed down south (the name escapes me at the moment), treepers have uncovered evidence that the pros did not uncover.

• Mark McQueen says:

Some of it is interesting. Some of it is just “out there”. Some people know what they are talking about. Some, obviously, don’t. Some just make stuff up as they go along. I just made an off the cuff observation more about the nature of these threads rather than the specifics.

• joninmd22 says:

I see that you’re not offering anything useful nor even on the conspiracy theory whack-a-mole side of the conversation regarding the bomber so why don’t you run along.

• Mark McQueen says:

I’m not big on speculation, especially when I’m not privy to direct evidence.

• Okay now I’m smiling as I begin to suspect you are what I term a ‘good’ attorney. My mother, now retired, was a brilliant, truly constitutional attorney and she drove me crazy insisting that I offer substantiation whenever I forwarded a theory. As an adolescent one does not like to have one’s ‘heartfelt’ , dead certain opinions challenged. 🙂

As a convert from liberalism to conservatism I have to admit that useless speculation becomes ever less appealing and I too want substantiation. 🙂

• Harry Lime says:

Jessica Chambers may she RIP.

• sedge2z says:

yes, to answer “mimbler” comment above: the girl from Mississippi who was burned to death was Jessica Lane Chambers.
              Sundance and Treepers were EXCELLENT in covering her tragedy.
              Many of us still hold Jessica in our hearts. May she RIP.

• I don’t watch CSI or any of that junk. Knowledge from experience. IF you don’t have any experience in tracking 2 legged and/or four legged along with other components of investigation. I can’t tell you the number of Times someone that is looking/searching and sees something different, it makes a difference.

Investigations are a team ‘sport”, not a lone wolf.

May I suggest the book ENTERING the MIND of the TRACKER by Tamarack Song Google it and it is ordered from his Website.

Its a process and examination of the evidence then determining what works and makes sense, with the ability to always learn what you missed. Nothing like a pile of poop to learn a lot about an animal. humans can work in the same process.

• Mark McQueen says:

Oh, I need to read a book? Pardon me Sir, but my OP did not single anyone out either through direct comment or reply. You jumped in with some strange comment about confirming or denying something? Like I asked before, what is it I am supposed to be confirming or denying and why would you care?

• You can take the suggestion or not, you obviously are very skilled and need no help. so the comment is why did you comment.
              Are you confirming or denying a post by someone or just pointing fingers at someone. Since you provided no input. or don’t want to take any. Like they say move along move along Maark nothing to see here, right.

• Mark McQueen says:

As I said in my reply to mimbler…it was a general commentary on the threads like these…but if the shoe fits……..

• Oh sigh…I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I will extend one more courtesy to you by theorizing that perhaps you are just having an exasperating day and you need to vent somewhere.

However, being unwilling to take any advice, especially when the suggestion comes from someone who has made the effort to confirm that it is only meant to be helpful, is a liberal characteristic. I know it well. Until I was kicked out from liberalism I was utterly certain that anybody who offered me advice with an opposing viewpoint was to be dismissed. I regret that I could have learned so much faster had I not had that thinking.

• Were you aware of the disdain to your ‘tone’? I could almost imagine you at a high end cocktail party, monkey suit and slicked back hair, drinking with pinkie extended.

A smirk and an eye roll completes my image of you.

Unless you are proud of being viewed as insufferably self-important I would suggest editing yourself in future by reading your words aloud.

Just a friendly suggestion.. .from someone who has in the past had the brand of ‘condescending’ projected upon myself, despite it not being my intention to come off so at all.

• covfefe999 says:

Gee Mark, seems you have no curiosity but you’re full of superiority complex. 🙂 Good luck in life.

14. JohnP says:

15. Deplore Able says:

Mark Conditt and his father William Patrick Conditt purchased the home on February 21, 2017 from the estate of Frank Castillo per Travis County public records. Warranty Deed Instrument #: 2017194437

A search of Frank Castillo shows he lived at 403 N. 2nd Street, Pflugerville TX

• JohnP says:

Evidently Google Maps is now blurring crime locations so the media doesn’t get to use the image for free.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

or does it look like neighbor is blurred so they get some privacy?

• Actually from a post on the new thread, I think they may have purchased the white house on the corner down the road from the photo on the left. it was overgrown and needed work. They only update the images every few years. A neighbor said he and the dad rebuilt an existing house, not build a new one. sTill doesn’t answer why the houses changed when I went sky view.

• PS says:

If that’s the case, from what I recall from GIS work, it’s because the camera shots came from two different sources. Usually the neighborhood scale overheads are done by small aircraft. Higher altitude are satellite. Satellite photos are refreshed less frequently, usually only if there was signifant construction, otherwise most photos stay the same for years. The shots may come from different years, so depending on the amount of exterior work, that might be the house before and after.

16. JohnP says:

• old45model says:

And it appears no one is asking about any possible connection between the recipients of the parcel bombs and the alleged bomber (and his mates?). Were they simply names from a phone book, randomly opened and pinpointed with a pin whilst eyes were closed?
      Was there something more to all of this?

17. Rynn69 says:

All package workers (Post Office, FedEx, UPS, etc.) should be wary of individuals wearing gloves while handling the packages INSIDE the building. We all need to be more aware.

• joninmd22 says:

Then you’d have to be wary of most of the staff as those gloves are commonly used at such companies and in shipping/receiving departments.

• Kenji says:

See something, say something. Like when a dude shows up to your counter, with a baby face and a bad long, straggly, gray haired wig and ball cap? Wearing gloves … it all starts piling on.

On the other hand … Austin is a like the Telegraph Ave. or Haight Ashbury of TX … so maybe he wouldn’t stick out?

18. Ospreyzone says:

Another 21st century beta-male acts out and people are surprised. This loser is 24-years old with no wife, few friends and can’t keep a job because he has never been forced to practice the self-discipline it takes to hold one. He found great exhilaration in the power these last few days gave to him. And when they found the pathetic wretch, he didn’t even have the will to escape or to shoot it out, because that would have taken guts.

There’s more of these “failure to launch” eunuchs infecting society than you can even imagine. Just look at them hanging around in the malls, their sad faces planted firmly in their phones; living their lives in some electronic fantasy. No hobbies, no friends, no morals and no religion – they are the perfect product of fifty-years of progressive ingenuity.

19. KBB says:

Don’t know about you, but if I worked at Fed-EX counter and someone came in with a generic looking box who was wearing a bad wig and had on gloves, I would’ve refused the shipment and called the cops.

20. asdf says:

Kinda strange they shot him as he was blowing himself up

21. PS says:

Apparently the dude left a confession recording, but police are saying that it doesn’t really explain why, only that “he was a challenged man”. “We are never going to be able to put a rationale behind these acts,” said Austin Police Chief Brian Manley.

Another article stated; But they discovered at least one chilling piece of evidence after the hunt was over: a “target list” with “additional addresses we believe he was using for future targets,” McCaul said. Officials said they still don’t know how or why Conditt chose his targets.
    —————-
    To me, it smacks of a mental illness, maybe even a guy off his meds, child of divorced parents who tried to set him up for independent life but may have just been enablers. Dad bought him a house, college dropout, out of work a year, overly zealous parents…. maybe the list is old work friends, classmates, online enemies…. ah, who knows.

• mimbler says:

I’m suspicious. I think if they released the 25 minute “confession” we would have a clear idea as to the bomber’s motives.

22. Millennials are starting to realize their future is as a food service slave. I think we will see a lot more violence from them as they get older.

I’m older, but can you imagine walking around society and seeing the previous generation in BMWs with homes and you have no future?

Its a simple fact that we gave away their opportunity to the 3rd world. Its going to get ugly. Historically bitter jealousy is a huge driver of violence. Its really sad.

23. Pyrthroes says:

This sense of generational theft is a Boomer Era –conventionally 1946 – ’64– theme writ large. By rule-of-36, the last Boomer cohort will turn age 58 only in 2022, so that this peculiarly selfish and ugly group will rule in fact if not in name through the midpoint of Trump’s second term.

Alas for Generation Wuss! But still, anyone born c. 1896 in Europe had a better-than-even chance of being shredded by cannon fire or massed machine-guns leaping trenches into Flanders Fields.

Sorry, kids… you make your bed, dig your own grave. Meantime, “There is a destiny that shapes our ends, rough-hew them as we may.”