Wednesday March 14th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

279 Responses to Wednesday March 14th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. Garrison Hall says:

Gotta’ love it . . . 🙂

• Sentient says:

I guess it’s better than Rush.

• ForGodandCountry says:

I’ll see your Knack, and raise you The Cars…(dedicated to all the progressive, PC gas bags out there)…

• dayallaxeded says:

I’m throwing down a pair of jokers:

caution unintelligible (he’s from Essex) adult themes

• Linnéa says:

I’m pretty smart, and I know ‘throwing down a pair of joker’ is a poker reference, I just don’t know what it means.
        It’s FUNNY that I assumed a stereotype (“I wont like this”) of the boy with the mop haircut but I really liked this.

• ForGodandCountry says:

OMG! That’s the most horrible music I have ever heard. Is that from the 90s?
          —————

I beg your pardon?!

The music is from the late ’70’s. The song I posted is from The Cars debut album of the same name.

Some quick facts (which I looked up and am thankful your comment spurred me to do):

“It was released on June 6, 1978 on Elektra Records, and sold one million copies by the end of the year (a HUGE feat in those days!). It peaked at number 18 on the Billboard 200 chart in March 1979 and remained on the album chart for 139 weeks. The record was also ranked number 4 on Billboard’s “Top Albums of the Year” chart for 1979.

Critically, the album was very well received. AllMusic’s Greg Prato described it in a retrospective review as “a genuine rock masterpiece”, and stated that “all nine tracks are new wave/rock classics”. Prato continued, saying “With flawless performances, songwriting, and production (courtesy of Queen alumnus Roy Thomas Baker), The Cars’ debut remains one of rock’s all-time classics. Rolling Stone also ranked the album No. 284 in its “500 Greatest Albums of All Time” list.”

As for the band itself, “In 2017, they were announced as inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for 2018.”

Thanks for your comment.

• ForGodandCountry says:

I’m putting this on the Presidential Open Thread. It is both related and deserves a wider audience….with credit to you. You’ll find it on the third or fourth page.

• dayallaxeded says:

A pair of jokers is a joke response to “I’ll see your Knack, and raise you The Cars,” also a poker reference, above.

Dave Edmunds was a big part of the mid-late 70’s-80’s revival of Rock-a-billy, followed by Stray Cats, Nick Lowe, and many others. Important to keep in mind that Knack, Cars, Edmunds, Elvis Costello, et al. were, in large part, a reaction against the tyranny of disco that had ruled pop culture and the music industry for at least 5 years. And it was an abysmal, soul-crushing, ear-rending 5 years. Disco was an aural opiate for the masses.

Thank God for Bowie, Zappa, Grateful Dead (…the band kept playing on; and they kept on dancing….), and jazz/jazz fusion (e.g., Weather Report, Jeff Beck, etc.) or a bunch of us would’ve lost our minds. New wave (including Rock-a-billy), Punk (Sex Pistols, Ramones, Ian Dury (Dury melded New Wave, old Brit Dance Hall, Kinks-style rock, and Punk–genius, not stable, but genius), Patty Smith, etc.), and Funk (Parliament-Funkadelic, James Brown, The Meters, etc.) came to our rescue and finally killed Disco. The Cars and others mentioned here were a huge blast of fresh, energetic air at the time and many continued and still continue to be great influences and musicians.

• nimrodman says:

Loved, loved, loved Ian Dury, thx.

Here’s another band from that era that didn’t get the acclaim they should have.
        The Records, a Brit quartet. You want their 2nd album “Crashes”, nary a miss on it.

• amwick says:

I learned, I and have tried to explain…
      Grief must be love’s final guise.
      From the art of Amwick.

• Melanie says:

My 32 year old Son died unexpectedly 1 month ago today.
      He was our only child. Every morning I come here to read the lovely posts and pictures and try and find solace for my aching Heart. I love the peacefulness and sometimes funny comments from my fellow Treepers. This is the only site that gives me any kind of comfort.
      Your quote is so pertinent to me and helpful. Thank You For This!
      Coincidence?
      My Son’s name was Jamie. God surely lives among these Branches and was waiting for me this morning.

• Kenji says:

I cannot imagine how it feels to be a mother who has lost her child. But I know a little of the ache you feel as I lost my only (older) brother at 28years old from a rare and vicious cancer. I drove him 80miles round trip 3-days a week to Stanford Medical Center for state of the art chemotherapy, and watched him rapidly die in slow motion. Horrific. But God provided me a generous and loving Boss in small family business where I worked, who paid me for all the time I took off to care for my brother during the last 4 months of his life. God provides … in the most unusual (but needed) ways. I wish you comfort, and remind you that TIME heals … but there will always be a scar. I wear my scars with pride.

• So sorry for the loss of your son. I am praying for you. Trust God…. he LOVES you and is with you during your pain. Giving you a hug today.

• Psycho Monkee says:

Hi Melanie, my heart aches for you. Last Thursday a good buddy passed away suddenly. Makes no earthly sense. Lots of why’s. A place I go to for reassurance and belief is a little book written in 1978 called: ‘Return From Tomorrow’ by George G. Ritchie, Jr. I cannot begin to articulate the depth of this true story. The part that sticks with me is the vision of the ‘places’ God has prepared for us. Wonderful, hopeful, beautiful spaces…I firmly believe Jamie is there. I don’t know you or him, but we will see each other later. Peace.

• So sorry to hear that! It’s heartbreaking! I am glad you find comfort here. God will guide us to the peace we need at the most difficult times. He will heal you as well!

• dayallaxeded says:

May God give you comfort and assurance that your son is with Him, in the joy of the Lord and watching over you!

• oldiadguy says:

I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord comforts you and yours. As far as the quote up thread coming from Jamie, consider it a message from your son. The Lord acts in strange and marvelous ways. As I have comment before, I have received messages from my Dad. We just have to open to receive them.

Take care and God Bless

• nikkichico7 says:

Melanie I am so sorry for your loss,

God bless, comfort, and give you the strength every single day, from sunrise to sunset.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
        3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in [a]any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ are [b]ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.

🌹

• jackphatz says:

No, it is not a coincidence. When I need to express my sorrow it know I will not be rejected here. This was the only place I came to when my Granddaughter Adelaide drowned almost seven months ago. I needed the unity here and I received it. I knew I had to post that quote here, for me and for you.
        I wish you strength.

3. nwtex says:

4. A one minute music video of the Art Nouveau work of Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) to the music of Joseph Blanchard.

• Linnéa says:

OMG! That was so beautiful. I’m not even sure I understand what was presented, It seems to me to be p ‘romantic art’ or maybe I don’t understand.

Is this typical of Art Nouveau music!

• The music is by Joseph Blanchard, a current composer. I met him in a hospital lobby where he played for patients, and bought his CDs. I explained that I made music videos and he said I could use his music, which I do. A lot! I’ve been posting my art pieces and this one shows the work of Mucha, a father of the Art Nouveau movement. He was Czech and ended up creating currency and stamps and such for them when they became a free country after World War I. It’s the same period as Tiffany, which I’ll be doing soon. The music felt as lighthearted as the poster art. Two days ago I posted German Expressionism, which was VERY hard to match in music, so I ended up with Bach on saxophone. Turner ended up to trumpets, Toulouse-Lautrec to Can-Can, Henri Rousseau to another Blanchard piano piece, Van Gogh to Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn, and so on. Old Art History/Physics major here. This one didn’t, but most of them are explorations of the development of style. I’m really glad you liked the Mucha. He was suggested by one of the Free Republic people, who turned me on to him.

• The art pieces are a small part of what I make. Mostly I do literary song videos, as I have since 1984. They use the lyrics of a song as poetry and force the interpretation through video. They can be as subtle as the poetry or as obvious as “Weird Al” Yankovic’s explanation of the Star Wars later movies, which I was having trouble following until I made “The Saga Begins.”

• bessie2003 says:

Great video! Brought to mind yesterday’s idea of creating a space force!

• Should have thought of that! I often announce one of the videos on FR because of something on the news. We haven’t shoveled our way to the street yet from the latest snow, so what today reminds me of is the Dean Martin, “Baby It’s Cold Outside” music video for Han and Leia of the early Star Wars. I’m so glad you liked Saga!

5. nwtex says:

Beautiful. I only wish the President could enjoy the beauty and serenity once again.
    No world worries and constant bashing. May God bless him and his.
    ~~~
    Trump Los Angeles
    ‏Verified account @TrumpGolfLA
    Feb 21
    Another sunset to end a beautiful day at Trump National LA! #TrumpNationalLA #Sunset #OceanViews #GolfCourse #Golf #LosAngeles

6. nwtex says:

Okay, I could go on sharing these wonderful photos forever, however………….there is such a thing as “over doing a good thing”. “Soooo that’s all folks” 🐰

Trump Los Angeles
    ‏Verified account @TrumpGolfLA
    Feb 15

Beautiful! Our Chef crafted this beet and blue salad for a special couple on their 59th anniversary! #TrumpNationalLA #SpecialtyDish #ChefCreations #Anniversary

7. nwtex says:

“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

8. nwtex says:

“…all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory…”

9. waltherppk says:

Stephen Hawking, age 76, has died

10. nwtex says:

• Kenji says:

Ohhhh … glad I read the caption … because I thought that was Jerry Brown’s “high speed” train to nowhere … it looks about right.

11. smiley says:

🙂

12. Dora says:

Thomas Moran – ‘Tantallon Castle, Scotland’ (1910)

13. amwick says:

Last October we had a small disaster here at the cabin. Water line broke, just outside and, I talked my husband into repairing it. I will spare you the details, but it involved digging a biggish hole and then filling it back in. Shovel by shovel. My husband hurt his back.. herniated disk which messed up his left leg leaving him with a condition called drop foot. That was October… yesterday he was able to do complete our regular morning walk, a loop slightly more than a mile.. It was cold, it was windy, but he did it without complaint. 🙂
    Now, about the tree that broke in two, all over our driveway……………………. :0

• Pat Frederick says:

So glad your hubby is getting better!
      We have a 5 inch thick slab of ice surrounding the back half of our log home due to the unusual winter we are having. And we lost 2 trees on our driveway in the last nor’easter ourselves. My hubby keeps his chainsaw in his truck all the time in the winter cuz our driveway is almost 1/2 mile long and goes through the trees and he never knows what awaits him on his drive to work!
      Hope it all gets taken care of!!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Put it on your Honey-do list amwick!

• amwick says:

🙂 Well, he will make a phone call… Seriously,, I don’t want him to get hurt.. We have a trip coming up in a bit… We used to heat with wood, cut and split up trees…stack, haul, yup… we did that for years.. Now,, we dial up the yard guy.. 🙂

• Pat Frederick says:

we still do that! and this year we had to have a guy come and break up the ice on the creek we drive through every day to get to the road…winters are challenging for sure…but it beats city life!

• 🍺Gunny says:

We did the same in Western Pa. Bought a wood burning stove. Spent the summer with chain saw and cutting wood for winter.

Western Pa is highly wooded. All you had to do was go short distances and wood was readily available. deadfalls, etc. Even made our own log splitter.

House was heated by oil…but after we started using the wood burning stove, the heater never even came on. Saved a huge amount of money…

Wonderful times…smell of a wood burning fire..wandering thru the woods cutting wood.
          Love the country in Western Pa

14. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
    Romans 12:2 (KJV)

• smiley says:

how many HURRICANES can you find in that pretty blue marble picture ??

🙂

• duchess01 says:

Is this a trick question, smiley?

I would say – few – when God is in charge and natural cycles occur – * Smile *

• smiley says:

no not a trick question…just that the FIRST THING I noticed when I looked at it right off the bat were 3 hurricanes.

still need to renew my mind about IRMA I guess ??

🙂

have a great day, duchess. ❤

• duchess01 says:

Oh, you poor dear! So sorry – terrible time for everyone – those who experienced it directly – and loved ones from afar –

I hope and pray the beauty that surrounds you now will erase the devastation you experienced from your mind – in the name of Jesus – I pray – Amen.

• smiley says:

thanks…no big deal really…just one of life’s little traumas that doesn’t “erase” easily esp when the ragged landscape still persists and the BRUSH FIRES are now starting to flare up in all the outlying debris (dead fractured TREES).

• duchess01 says:

Oh, my – that’s terrible – God will refresh and renew – of that I am certain – some good frequently comes out of destruction

Peace Be With You, smiley! God Bless You!

• smiley says:

thanks, duchess..

have been earnestly praying for renewal and restoration…so I receive & accept your kind words.

WORDS have POWER.

🙂

• dayallaxeded says:

Having done the Katrina recovery thing, I can say time heals and sometimes even improves on such wounds. Keep the faith! Don’t forget, but don’t let a temporal/physical tragedy rule you–God has so much wonder and beauty still in store for us! Shoot, just look in tomorrow’s open thread!

• lokiscout says:

Nasty one off West coast of Mexico coming up on Baha!

• nimrodman says:

Yes, my answer is “one” – that one.

I’d contend any other cyclonic spiral-looking critters are extra-tropical low-pressure systems, not hurricanes.

• nimrodman says:

… well, maybe 2 if that apostrophe just WSW of the Baja hurricane is a weak or disintegrating one.

But the one up by Greenland and the one near Tierra Del Fuego I’d contend are extra-tropical, mid-latitude weather systems.

15. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

16. Pat Frederick says:

I am not savvy with computer stuff so I cannot post a screenshot or picture, but a friend posted on facebook this morning a message he received from Facebook Community Standards with the headline “We removed something you posted”.
    The offending post? It detailed events such as this: when the Nazis took over Poland, they destroyed statues they didn’t like; it continued with the North Vietnamese and the Taliban and thru to ISIS in Iraq all removing statues they were offended by. Then it said now that liberals are taking over big cities, they are starting to remove statues they don’t like. Notice a trend?
    So it is offensive now to criticize liberals???

• smiley says:

the truth is always an offense to liars.

• Bob Thoms says:

Time to break the big social media companies up – Facebook, Google, et al………….maybe a winning campaign issue for P Trump in 2020.

He coined Fake News as a rallying issue……

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Facebook Community Standards”

Well I guess that fakebook is keeping their human monitors busy. I wonder if they get paid by the quota system?

Fakebook and YouTube have increased their opposition to conservative thought and opinion. The people with significant followings, such as Alex Jones/Infowars and Dr. Jerome Corsi, have been able to garner enough publicity (not from MSM, though) for the bullies to back off.

How many hundreds or even thousands of people are experiencing the same thing? I would urge your friend to reach out and contact Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) to report this event. He has recently spoken out against these abuses of “selective enforcement” of their “policies”.

• JustCC says:

LIKE Deplorable_Infidel SAY’S
        LET’S CHANGE the name of Facebook to FAKEBOOK every time we mention it anywhere..
        Maybe people will finally get the point , that it’s no good and being used against us.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes, Pat Frederick. It appears so.

17. Dora says:

18. duchess01 says:

Count your blessings and pray for those who live in the Northeast – Please – Thanks!

19. Dora says:

Includes some nice pictures.

==

15 Hidden Details On Grace Kelly’s Wedding Dress You Didn’t Know About

Soon-to-be royal Meghan Markle has enthralled the world with her fairytale-like evolution from Hollywood celebrity to prominent royal figure. Markle, however, isn’t the first A-lister to abandon the limelight to follow the path to royalty. The ethereal Grace Kelly retired her Hollywood acting career to become the Princess of Monaco back in 1956 and her wedding to Prince Rainier III was undeniably one of the most iconic of all time.

20. nikkichico7 says:

Psalm 24 King James Version (KJV)
    24 The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
    2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
    3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
    4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
    5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
    6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
    7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
    8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
    9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
    10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

🌹
    (shout out to waltherppk for the music, it’s beautiful and bears repeating 🌸)

21. Bob Thoms says:

Love Old Dogs……….

22. WeeWeed says:

Happy Pi day, infidels!

23. Deplorable_Infidel says:

We have a new school related story out of NY. Apparently an autistic student was marked “present” in his classes and when he was reported missing, an attempt was made to alter the records.

Apparently some school districts must “encourage” this practice. I do not know for sure, but I will bet it has to do with how much federal and state aid that they receive for each “special needs” student.

In the late 1960’s-mid-1970’s when I was in school, the local district here would often remain open while surrounding districts would be closed for severe snow events. When 9:30 am would come around, an announcement would be made that we were being sent home early. That was the time that the district would qualify for their state aid allocation for the day.

ROCHESTER, NY (WROC) – School officials say three teachers marked Trevyan Rowe present on the day he disappeared last week.Rowe was found dead on Sunday.Rowe wasn’t reported missing until 5:15 p.m. last Thursday. Police said last week Rowe took a bus to school, but surveillance video shows he never went inside.
    But the family wasn’t notified that he missed class under later that afternoon — after Rowe didn’t come home. A missing person report wasn’t made until 5:15 p.m., officers say. Speaking Tuesday, Rochester City School Board President Van White says someone also tried to alter the attendance records for Trevyan to hide the “errors.”“It brings me great shame to admit that adults in this system, apparently attempted to alter attendance records,” White told reporters.
    Several teachers have been placed on leave as a result of the investigation, district officials say.White says the district takes full responsibility for Trevyan’s death. Superintendent Barbara Deane-Williams says Trevyan was not listed as a student with autism and that’s why he didn’t have a monitor escorting him from the bus to class.Police said Tuesday that officers had to argue with school employees to get them to release surveillance video in the case as well — hindering search efforts.

• nimrodman says:

“officers had to argue with school employees to get them to release surveillance video”

Sounds like fudging surveillance video is a common practice in education – witness the 30-min delay at Parkland.

• RyderLee says:

Nimrodman … Agree , and just cannot understand Why
        a school (or Anywhere , for that matter) would have
        Delayed Surveillance ! What am I missing here ?

• nimrodman says:

I believe Sundance intimated that the delay is handy for school administrators and/or the “School Resource Officer” (police or sheriff’s deputy assigned to the school to sweep student crimes under the carpet and divert students from the court system) who might use that delay time to erase footage they don’t want preserved.

For example, there might be a particularly violent incident like a 4-on-1 unprovoked beatdown of a white kid by 4 blacks. That’s going to cause real heartburn for school administrators.

But even more of a problem if there’s graphic footage of the brutality. That’d truly be a real problem.

Without that footage, the incident can be described in less graphic terms – as “a fight” – trivializing it.

See how that works?

24. duchess01 says:

NAVY Seal Double Amputee Wins Olympic Gold…

Posted by Kane on March 13, 2018 12:49 pm

25. nikkichico7 says:

This song was in the movie Empire of the Sun, it’s lovely and after hearing it it haunted me as I could not figure how to find it. It helped to have the movie title and at I found it on YouTube. It is a lullaby …

🌸

26. Bob Thoms says:

Hillary in India……that’s Abedin in the background.

Doctors say Hillary “sprined her wrist in the fall” and needs rest……….WTH? rest for a sprained wrist? Nope, something much more serious going on with this train wreck.

27. BigMamaTEA says:

Today on Senate tee-vee;;;; THE DEMONRATS ARE PULLING A STUNT THIS MORNING.

Senate convened at 9:30amEST. So far only Demonrats have spoken, and they are spending their time today either reading names of deceased by a gun, or promoting the children’s walk-out that is supposed to happen today.

28. Dora says:

Another near miss.

=====

The ultimate scam: How Al Gore became the world’s first “carbon billionaire” by profiting off irrational climate fears

29. duchess01 says:

Independent Journalist Exposes How Social Media Companies Are Systematically Silencing Conservative Voices

March 14, 2018

by Michael Snyder, The Economic Collapse Blog:

30. Dora says:

Oh Dear Lord Help Us.

• Pat Frederick says:

so then it must be okay to murder mute people, right? since they can’t scream either. Good golly Miss Molly–these people are the worst! They murder human beings but placate themselves by calling them fetuses—what the heck is a fetus but a stage of human life–like baby, toddler, child, boy, man–they are all stages of human life!

I am so sick of the “my body my choice” crowd—it’s NOT their body they are murdering! The DNA Is not the same therefore it cannot be called her body.
      A uterus, if removed, is the same DNA–so you want it out? fine, but a baby has different DNA–similar for sure, but definitely different.

sorry, rant over.

• smiley says:

the fetus can FEEL PAIN though.

and GOD knows it.

how’s that “Doctor” Torres going to explain her disgusting little “no scream” theories to GOD when that time comes ?

will she try to scream ?

• nikkichico7 says:

🧐🤨😤😡

Eternity in hell is not a magic kingdom E ticket ride … you’re not a doctor you are a butcher after the likes of nazi mengele …

Josef Mengele
      Josef Mengele was a German Schutzstaffel officer and physician in Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II. Mengele was a member of the team of doctors responsible for the selection of victims to be killed in the gas chambers and for performing deadly human experiments on prisoners.More at Wikipedia
      😡

Matthew 18:5-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
      5 And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it [a]would be better for him to have a [b]heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
      10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

• dayallaxeded says:

God knows and judgment is His! Pray for mothers and their unborn children! Fathers, too!

31. StuckInBlue says:

Since the DemonRats claim to abhor violence to children, I’ve penned this “Worthy Compromise”:
    Now is the right time to combine forces in the struggle to save the lives of children.
    Many gun control proponents don’t want adults under the age of 21 to be able to possess certain types of firearms, or the ammunition for same. They argue that this new policy will prevent the deaths of children and others.
    Some abortion control proponents don’t want adults under the age of 21 to be able to have an abortion, and certainly not after 20 or 21 weeks, in any case. They argue that this new policy will prevent the deaths of many children.
    So, it’s time to compromise. In return for a law preventing adults under the age of 21 from possessing certain firearms and their ammunition, we’ll also have a law limiting the easy accessibility of abortions- say, starting with a restriction of none after 21 weeks for those under the age of 21.
    After all, the goal is to ‘save the children’, right?

• nikkichico7 says:

God bless you StuckInBlue that a WINNER! BIG time 👍😉🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌹❤️
      ⭐️⭐️⭐️😉⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• My Magic Wand says:

I also put forth the idea on BB of the students lobbying / marching for gun bans that we oppose them with bans of the video games that contain those weapons they oppose, Call of Duty, Halo, Sniper, Far Cry and such, do you think the kids would change their tune and how fast.
      Could also ban them from playing them until 21 as well, I don’t think David Hogg is playing Sim City for fun after school or any other teen male for that matter.

I remember as a kid using the whole neighborhood as a big war zone with teams of kids opposing each other with those Star Trek disc guns as well as the Planet of the Apes little plastic yellow pea shot pellet guns.
      I can’t imaging the chaos that would create today, I’m sure homeland security would be involved. LOL

• BigMamaTEA says:

These “marching” kids are props.

• My Magic Wand says:

Of that I am sure, the question is do the kids know it?
          The only way (one way anyway) to get them to realize this is take away their VIRTUAL guns, then they might get a clue that they are being used themselves.

I do not think that kids today could ever do without THEIR virtual guns. They have yet to discover the real reason we have the right to bear arms, it is certainly not taught in school.
          I’m don’t really remember the constitution was even taught until the required Government class SEMESTER in senior year.

32. Bob Thoms says:

Van The Man…………..

33. Jenny Hatch says:

I am proud of my fifteen year old son who has chosen not to walk out of school today. He is a freshman at a local Colorado Public School and he told me there is tremendous peer pressure to join the “cool kids” and walk out.

He also told me last night that during the Pledge of Allegiance, which is performed over the speaker system every morning and students are given the choice to stand and put their hands over their hearts and repeat the pledge, the number of students participating during the year has declined from about half the class to yesterday he said there were three boys in his class who proudly stood.

I am so grateful he is not being sucked in, but he said it is difficult.

This blog post has had a ton of traffick today: https://jennyhatch.com/2018/03/12/david-hogg-and-his-nazi-arm-band-jennyhatch/

We are having an important gun debate in society right now, but I despise the left for the manipulation of our young peoples minds.

34. Dora says:

Not exactly the news I want to hear.

=====

Another Nor’easter Could Strike On First Day Of Spring

It pains us to even type this, but yet another nor’easter could make its way toward Long Island next week and strike on the first day of spring.

35. Rynn69 says:

God Bless America and all the Patriots within.

36. duchess01 says:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2018
    Almighty God’s Love – His Highest and Best for You!

37. Chgonana539 says:

Simeon High School Chgo decided to march. Broke away and stormed the local Walmart and destroyed it. No media around.

38. dbethd says:

I have an interest in Preeclampsia birth stories after dealing with abnormal HELLP with my first pregnancy. I’m pregnant with my third, so I’ve been watching them again bringing back memories. Enjoy.

The Vlogging Murrays – MY BIRTH STORY | PREECLAMPSIA AWARENESS

• BigMamaTEA says:

dbthd, are you a glutton for punishment?!!! Did you have HELLP with your 2nd?

• dbethd says:

No HELLP with my second! I am closely watched already because of my Type 1 Diabetes, so this just adds an extra layer of scrutiny. So we are/were definitely thankful for that with our first experience being in capable hands.

39. Kenji says:

Chelsea fc -vs- Barcelona fc starting now!!! Champions League. An epic battle of top talent. Messi -vs- Hazard … does Chelsea stand a chance? Will ALL the English teams crash out of the CL ? Epic!!! This from an Arsenal fan

40. Kenji says:

And just like that … Messi scores inside the first two minutes … what a talent!!

41. duchess01 says:

Trump Artist Speaks Out… More Paintings Inside

Posted by Kane on March 10, 2018 8:34 am

42. FelineFine says:

Any truth to the article in Daily Mail that Donny Jr. and Vanessa are getting divorced? Sure hope it’s fake news.

43. BigMamaTEA says:

Chuck Ross at http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/14/fbi-recommends-firing-mccabe/

Reporting ……”The FBI determined in an internal review that former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe should be terminated, according to a report from The New York Times.”

….”The FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility issued the recommendation after receiving information from Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz….”

44. The Tundra PA says:

And now for something completely different:

Joar Leifseth Olsom, the 31-year-old musher from Norway, wins the Iditarod! He crossed the finish line under the burled arch at 3:00 am Alaska time this morning with a time of 9 days 12 hours. He was 2 hours ahead of second place finisher Nicolas Petit. Mitch Seavey came in third.

It was an exciting race with a huge weather factor this year. Lots of wind, heavy snow, and soft trail. Congratulations to all the mushers and their teams, and good luck to the 50+ teams still out on the trail pushing for Nome!

45. patrickhenrycensored says: