President Trump will sign a trade-section 232 proclamation today to elevate Steel and Aluminum manufacturing to be of national security status.  The overall trade initiative which stems from the 232 proclamation will be a 25% trade tariff on imported steel and a 10% trade tariff on imported aluminum.  POTUS Trump will control exemptions.

The trade announcement is anticipated at 3:30pm in the White House today.

UPDATE: Video Added

WH Livestream LinkRSBN Livestream LinkCNBC Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Economy, Legislation, Live Streaming, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

242 Responses to President Trump Signs Trade Section 232 Proclamations on Steel and Aluminum – 3:30pm Livestream…

1. Thunder says:

❤️❤️❤️

• Angry Dumbo says:

So true, Thunder. The steel workers behind our President Trump are the best guys. Tough as nails and honest as the day is long. Tough guys tend to be straight shooters who value integrity. I love that President Trump is keeping his promise to bring back lost jobs and reinvigorate the American Dream.

A nation that can’t manufacture goods is weak. Moving manufacturing overseas undoubtedly weakened America and denigrating manufacturing jobs was just a way for the globalist Bush/Clinton/Obama cabal to ease their guilty conscience for what they did to the American middle class.

• suejeanne1 says:

yes, their “compassionate conservatism” was neither compassionate or conservative

• Old Codger says:

Bush Bushes were/ are CRIMINALs masquerading as “compassionate conservatives, when they are, in fact, corrupt New World Order globalists.” They don’t give a damn about the American Middle Class and worked against the middle class at every turn!

Their positions in the criminal treason docket should be #1 and #2! If it weren’t for 41 there would be NO Clintons. If not for ’43, there would be no Obama! Thus, they are in line ahead of those abominable creatures!

• Yep, Dumbo they are everything you say. A few years ago one of my neighbors was seriously injured at our local steel plant which makes fence posts. His wife proudly said to me, “Yes, he’s a steelworker! When they walk, the earth shakes.”

His injury involved loss of the bottom half of his right leg. His fellow workers didn’t even give him the chance to mourn its loss. In a short time, they had added a third wheel to his Harley, so he could continue to arrive in style at July 4th parades and other festivities.
        You are asking what branch of the service he joined. Guess! Yes – Of course! The U.S. Marine Corps.

• Esperanza says:

There is a long list of jobs Westerners aren’t “allowed” to do do. And they talk about ” privilege”.

2. “Wanna say something? Let’s arm wrestle, come on!” Haha! I love our President!

3. Sylvia Avery says:

I love it when I get to watch these little signing ceremonies. I love watching PDJT in action. He amuses me. Like today when he asks if any of them want to say anything and as the young man steps up to the podium he tells him, “There’s only 25 million people watching….”

This was especially poignant to me, today. Listening to the emotion in the union leader’s voice when he spoke of his father and what it did to him and his family when the plant closed and how he never wanted to see anyone else go through that.

Those personal stories, from real live Americans, are thrilling and heart breaking and better than any stupid movie Hollyweird cranks out to please their Chinese overlords.

• Esperanza says:

Especially as these men, in the UK were considered the aristocracy of the working class. They built our civilisation. Obama says you didn’t build that, certainly HE and his good for nothing parents didnt. THEY did.

And let’s talk about feminism and equality, his GRANDMOTHER, you know the one he denigrated in front of the world when she was dying and couldn’t respond, pioneered that. And made sure sure his sorry ass didn’t starve.

4. That brought tears to my eyes. The last 25-30 years should have been the peak earning years of my life. Instead I watched and experienced the decline of the American economy. I did okay but did not thrive due to our political leaders allowing this to happen to us and me. So many Americans cannot get those lost years back. Years that should have been spent earning and thriving. It makes me ill to think of all of the Americans who have lost their good paying jobs, their towns, their homes because of how our political leaders served their donors instead of their constituents. I am almost 59 years old and have to scramble for the next 10 years to earn and save during this Trump Boom. I am excited to see America return to its glory days.

• JC says:

Exceptional and poignant post, LWD. I couldn’t agree more. Thank you and God bless.

• w5ovf says:

“The last 25-30 years should have been the peak earning years of my life. Instead I watched and experienced the decline of the American economy.”

I barely escaped; early retired 1994.

“I am almost 59 years old and have to scramble for the next 10 years to earn and save during this Trump Boom. I am excited to see America return to its glory days.”

I also are newly excited at this current chance to recover and MAGA! Please retain your hard won skills. Please pass them on to the young but eager to learn true craftsmanship. Forgive the mistakes that are required for learning; (remember?). However do not tolerate lazy nor sloppy! MAGA (those are for sh*t-hole countries)! HOW DO I HELP? 🙂

• covfefe999 says:

Me too! I hate tears in my eyes! And I’m thinking if any of the steel and aluminum workers who were invited to this event were Democrats they’re probably rethinking their alliance. In all of Obama’s 8 years what the h did he do for steel workers or really any other workers? Did Obama ever say “buy American”? Even once?

• My husband has long been retired, but in the late 70s and early 80s, he testified multiple times before congress regarding “dumping”, the act of foreign producers bringing steel into our country at prices below the market price and costs of production of domestic steel producers. Imagine that since the Carter era until now no President has actually done anything of significance to remedy this issue. Indeed, steel production is vital to national security. If you travel through the steel belt, you will see numerous plants shut down, sitting idle and decaying as a result of our trade policies. Perhaps my husband will now get to see some of the plants he was was so familiar with, light up again and start producing steel for the Americans and for the world at large.

• Dimbulbz says:

We have been “outsourcing” our ability to defend ourselves for far too long. This is akin to the Romans outsourcing their military to Barbarians. Let’s give to China the keys to our ability to build up our military. The next logical step would be to outsource management of our uranium.. Oh… Wait…

At least our Soldiers are American made!

• trump2016ourlastchance says:

You are in very good company.

• Wisc says:

Do you think that, if the jobs of the future will require different skills than we have now, does the government have a duty to offer retraining? Wouldn’t it be great if the opportunity to transition was available to older workers, rather than Hillary saying “we’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” I think President Trump uses policy to care for people. He has a heart. I hope the President undertakes a national program for training and retraining for the future.

• Oldschool says:

Having worked in steel processing warehouse for 2 decades, most new hires did not have any prior training. They started low level, learned, foremen saw their skills and apptitudes and they moved up the ladder to crane operaters, mechanics, fork lift operators, machinists, packers etc. Not opposed to formal training for specific jobs, but not in favor of any national program using tax dollars. They never work as intended and would be an endless money pit.

• chuck says:

Me 2 I was a sheetrocker metal stud framer .They gave our jobs away. I pray for the next gen of builders.

• Esperanza says:

Same here. My salary has only ever gone down. My peak earning years were 25 – 30.

5. AH_C says:

I like the diversity of beneficiaries from this order.

6. Publius2016 says:

Why Canada and Mexico is exempt at this time??? President Trump: “I expect that Canada and Mexico will take action to prevent transshipment of aluminum articles through Canada and Mexico to the United States.”

• Publius2016 says:

Same language for steel: “I expect that Canada and Mexico will take action to prevent transshipment of steel articles through Canada and Mexico to the United States.”

7. This man epitomizes the Reagan Democrats – the blue-collar, hard-working, patriotic, family oriented, “flyover country” middle-class voter. They are the ones who have paid the highest price for the Globalist policies of the past four Administrations (including Bush 41 and 43).

If President Trump can claim their loyalty and support, the Democratic Party will collapse down upon itself!

8. CaliforniaIsADream says:

Everyone should be happy to pay more for American made products. It means the jobs of your fellow Americans. Saving every last cent and buying a crappy Chinese product thar falls apart after a year does no-one any good.

• tazz2293 says:

I am constantly on the lookout for American made Products. Still not enough and there needs to be more. I am so grateful to President Trump and MAGA. Looking forward to the next 8-12 years. We must remain ever vigilant as We the People cannot waste the opportunity Our President is providing us

• covfefe999 says:

I wonder how much we get back by not having to pay for unemployment or welfare for people who had lost their jobs but will now be employed again? That plant in Granite City is going to call back something like 300 employees who had been laid off.

• Esperanza says:

Don’t forget health insurance, safety, environment etc.

They say they love the Earth and make us shlep everything across half the globe.

Case in point, Canadian iron ore shipped to China smelt and shipped back to Canada and then to the US. Cut out the middle man. Plus that has a cost in itself no? Shipping costs, 15 percent no?

• john graham says:

and hire americans….stop hiring illegal alien landscaper, roofer, maid, housekeepers etc….THERE ARE AMERICAN CITIZEN OWNED COMPANIES THAT DO THESE SERVICES….the reason they are more expensive is…they need to be licensed , bonded, and insured….we employ people and pay the employment fees….YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!1

9. Well, Manchin at least gets it! (Sanitized)

“How do you grow to be the largest manufacturer of steel in the world unless you’re infiltrating other markets?” Manchin said. “So, China produces 50 percent of the world’s steel. The United States is the largest importer of the world’s steel, from around the world, just to connect the dots. They’re going to come and tell me to try to make me believe that only 2 percent of our steel comes from China? C****t, I’ve got oceanfront property in West Virginia I want to sell you if you believe that. Here’s the thing: We got steel coming to us from countries that don’t have a steel mill. Tell me about that one?”

10. w5ovf says:

test

11. Texian says:

This is the most meaningful day yet of his Presidency for the working people of this Country. The People that get things done, for God and Country.

Past presidents and congress should be damn ashamed of themselves for what they have done to their own people – sold them out for a few pieces of silver. Any other country would be thrilled to have the smart, hard working base of producers that America has.

These new tariffs are a significant event.. Thank you Sir Trump..

12. TheWanderingStar says:

I’m so thankful for TCTH. For Sundance’s insight, researching and writing. And all the many Treepers who inhabit the branches here – y’all are all great!

13. Sunshine says:

Canada’s Princess Sparkle Freeland is adamant. She will not give in to Trump, not one inch.
    Aluminum and steel are one issue and NAFTA is another issue. She is determined to keep both issues separate, failing which there is no deal.

She says that Canada isn’t a threat to American security and both nations work together on the 8,000-mile (km?) Pacific coastline.

Freeland is a bit too over-confident. They just signed a TPP agreement with ten other nations.
    Vapors of exhilaration are clouding her thought process.

• Esperanza says:

They can’t be that stupid, possibly they want NAFTA to fail, so they can use it as a club. Think Alienocrats on DACA.

14. Esperanza says:

I think I have something in my eye. Erm. Steel guys and gal. Lovely. I wish our leaders loved us.

15. Mike diamond says:

President Trump is doing a great job,for too many years both parties have set back and done nothing,President Trump is trying to change that ! We are with him ! Never ever trust the liberal news media ! keep praying for President Trump !

16. Rynn69 says:

What comes to mind most with President Trump’s “signing ceremonies” is the people he brings in the room. The American people. The common wan. The working man. And the next thing I think of is what a fraud the previous “President” was…he would bring in people as props. Things to use. Things to exploit. Things to make political. Such a difference here. An authentic, genuine man who cares about America vs. a phony, disingenuous man who cares about himself.