Earlier today President Trump hosted a meeting with teachers, student and parents affected by recent school shootings.  The President began the session by stating his intent to listen to each view and perspective and then move forward.

The stories told by some meeting participants were quite emotional; others were very deliberate and focused on both short-term and longer term issues. Outside the room both sides of the political continuum are very passionate on this issue; and it doesn’t help to have the deafening drumbeat of ideological U.S. media politicizing the discussion whenever possible.

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Cultural Marxism, media bias, Police action, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

434 Responses to President Trump Hosts Meeting With Parents, Teachers and Students Affected by School Shootings…

1. Bonitabaycane says:

IMO our President is a great leader because he is a great listener. At this time of grief, PDJT continues to lead by listening first. I have great faith in our President that he will take action. He will recognize this tragedy but also respect our Constitution.

• GB Bari says:

Yes, instead of pontificating like the previous occupant of the OO.

• Carrie2 says:

Bonita, a truly real and ongoing problem is that any child whether mentally disturbed or physically/mentally not able to sit and learn are made to attend classes with the more normal children. Some mothers work or grandmothers don’t want a problem child at home, so by law the schools have to take them. Result: the healthier minded children are not able to learn what they need to learn because of constant disturbance of the mentally deficient or those that do not want to obey, sit quietly, but constantly interrupting and acting out. How do I know this is because a dear friend decided to retire from teaching as she was not allow to teach with disruptive children in the classroom. When I taught school we had command of the class and did not have to put up with or tolerate those not able to learn, sit quietly, or bounced around the school room, but that is allowed today. Many of those disruptive students will learn that it is okay to be disruptive or violent and not controlled or taught differently in their homes due to divorces and one or the other parent has to work and not be a parent when really needed. You can all the groups created you want, but it boils down to keeping disruptive or mentally disturbed out of grade schools and hence not allowed in high school. Some may even have great minds but have no control of themselves and their parents apparently never took advantage of raising them better. Today they are procreaters but not real parents by allowing misbehavior, trying to buy or give them everything instead of discipline and home tasks or getting their homework done and even now allowing the dangers of a cellphone/tablet/tv for infants and toddlers which is causing a lot of mental problems instead of coloring, legos, reading to them, etc. It starts in the home and definitely with foster parents as well, and many times with grandmothers. We cannot expect the government to “raise” our children. How come this high school had a deal with the police that any infraction of law would not be made public, how important is the count of heads for OUR tax money for that school, how come teachers many times do not know how to control a classroom, and why do we treat high school children like little children causing them to be snowflakes. We never experienced any of this garbage in my school years but with the leftists and democrat-owned school systems, this is what we get. Basically money, lack of teachers not learning to control classes, and allowing the misfits to be in the classroom blocking the other students from learning. These are mentioned because these are simple ways to keep a school and students safe. Now with armed police/security guards and CC is necessary proving how we have allowed this to take place by not being real parents or truly involved in any school for their students beyond parties, etc. Secretary DeVos has been working but her job needs to move along faster now – remove our tax monies from schools that do not have real rules and teachers at all level pushing their politics and not teaching reading, writing and math are the basic necessities, and in universities no more ridiculous social studies but real classes preparing these adults children to actually be prepared to find a job. We are the problem and we must solve that problem and not heft it off to DeVos and Trump alone. By the way assault weapons have not been allowed for sale in this country for years, just rifles but any gun can be made more dangerous by an owner. I am glad to be a member of the NRA where we don’t go out killing people but in general protecting ourselves. Illegal guns always easy to buy on the street or behind buildings, many gun owners do not protect their weapons and them the weapons are stolen, etc., etc.

• Steve Herman says:

Carrie2
        I thought schools had classes for disruptive students.

If some want a more pro-active approach to school shootings, then ALL school guards should be armed, every school Principle and Asst Principle should be trained to carry a sidearm and required to carry sidearm while on school property, any teacher that wants to pro-actively protect their students should be trained to carry a sidearm and required to carry sidearm while on school property.

• Rebcalntx says:

Bonita, I agree our President is a great leader & listener. I have not kept up with all that is going on in this situation. Right now too overwhelming, but I am so grateful with President Trump quick action, demeanor, compassion. Those that say otherwise are not being honest. How can anyone not see he is quick to listen & want to solve issues.

• auscitizenmom says:

I’m hearing some criticisim for the MSM (of course they have to say something negative) about him taking notes while people are talking about questions he wants to ask. I saw that as a positive thing, it means he is listening. Of course, the criticism is ridiculous.

2. cats23 says:

Excuse me.

Some kid, Justin whatever, says he was born into a world where he never got to experience safety nor peace.

WHAT!!!???!

And he sniffles, he’s only 15… (Poor thing!)

I’m sorry.
    This is beyond pathetic.

• treehouseron says:

I agree. That kid needs more men in his life.

• GB Bari says:

It is understandable that child and others expressed their emotions and fear in the manner that they did. They are children, coddled by a culture that has given them the false impression that they should not have to face any strife or contention in life. So many of this young generations’ parents have separated and divorced (if they were even married in the first place) because they could not handle the rigors and responsibilities of marriage and family responsibilities.

• annieoakley says:

Adults must say NO! No need to explain, no need to be mean, just set limits by saying NO! And mean it.

• C R Lord says:

GB Bari – Perhaps it is a case of generations of people in some families who were never able to face reality head on and it became a family way of life passed down unconsciously to their children and children’s children.

In my ten years in ministry I found that children, in most cases, who end up with issues that mess their lives up are mirror images of their predecessors. The old saying; “Like father, like son ( applies to girls and moms too) is true in both negative and positive images parents and grandparents present to their offspring. Dysfunctional families far too often produce dysfunctional children. Strong, loving families result in strong, loving children.

My Father was never part of our family and my mother was too busy to discipline us very much. My stepfather after him was abusive and that marriage didn’t last long. I ended up drinking heavily and eventually becoming a drug dealer and user. That led to a suicide attempt for which I thank the Lord I was not successful!

Today, because Jesus Christ radically transformed my life, I am a husband for over 39 years to a wonderful godly woman, father to seven children who all have turned to Jesus, grandfather of ten beautiful grandchildren of which three have come to know the Lord, a published author and website designer and builder and much more by the wonderful grace and mercy of God, and above all, a Christian minister who lives to honor and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ my Savior.

God can take the most grievous of circumstances and turn them for good. That is the message I would bring in the middle of a crisis like this one.

• treehouseron says:

Why hasn’t his father ever told him “Son, any world YOU are in is an opportunity for Peace, because you have an obligation as a big guy to keep the peace and keep people safe around you. It sucks this happened, but I know if you would have been around that kid you would have done everything you could to keep those kids safe, and if it happens again I know you’ll be one of the young men protecting the other students.”

Then your son gets a sense of empowerment and nobility, instead of coming off like a weak victim.

Whole thing made my skin crawl.

• frjas says:

Yeah…when did men become “damsels in distress?” We had better stop trying to turn little boys into little girls. It will not go well for us.

• soozword says:

Same should apply to damsels — keep their distress to themselves and forge on with courage and determination!

• C R Lord says:

The socialist, globalist and liberal plan to take over a country involves the feminization of boys and men. Some of the programs in our public schools have been deliberately geared for that very thing. I believe this president and his staff including Mrs. DeVos will be doing everything they can to counter this foolishness. Boys must be trained to be men and the girls need to be trained to be women, and both need to be trained to be compatible with one another just as God intended.

Search out every divisive doctrine or teaching that affects us as individuals and groups and behind the curtain of most if not all of them you will find the wizards of socialism, liberalism and globalism. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

• TexasDude says:

I was born in the middle of the Vietnam War, grew up with gas lines, forced busing, riots, attempted presidential assassination, etc.

Youth is truly wasted on the youth.

• Andrew says:

I spent 3 wonderful years on an island in the middle of the Pacific where 4-5,000 Japs and Koreans were blown to bits, burnt to a crisp and shot full of holes.

I knew at the age of 7 what the hell of war would be like. It was under my feet, every day. That was back in 1970 and they’re still finding bone fragments to this day.

• annieoakley says:

Well my dad went to Vietnam when I was 11 years old. I thought I would never see him alive again.

• nuthinmuffin says:

but obama was president for 8 years of his conscious life beginning at 5…didn’t he make him feel safe? and what about the kids in syria and afghanistan? if he doesn’t feel safe, how must they feel?

• covfefe999 says:

I mentioned in a prior post I remember fallout shelter signs in and around my school! People a little older than me probably had to go through nuclear bomb drills! Nothing scarier than that. The kid’s parents need to educate him.

• yamabudo says:

Oh, yes. In my small town in Amish country, population 15,000 or so at the time, we had regular nuculear attack drills in grade school. (Cuban missile crisis) My parents and grandparents had bomb shelters in their basements too. None of this would have worked too well, but it was part of my childhood and we took it in stride. As a 3rd grader I had no idea of the realities. We said the pledge of allegience every morning, hand over heart, and we had silent prayer time, too in my public school.

• soozword says:

It’s not just protecting oneself from a blast but also from fallout. And both can be courtesy of your very own government! While spending three fabulous nights at the Trump International Hotel recently, I attended the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas. It was a fascinating 2+ hrs on the self-tour. It confirmed the rumors I had heard about “Dirty Harry”, the 32 kt atomic test done in NV in 1953 that contaminated St. George, UT with deleterious health affects both immediate and years after: Radioactive Fallout to St. George, UT, updated by Daniel (Mar 23, 2011): http://toxipedia.org/display/wanmec/Radioactive+Fallout+to+St.+George%2C+UT

Rest in peace, John Wayne (eventual victim of Dirty Harry while filming here). And I live 3 miles from the filming location which is now a state park. Still can’t figure out how that deep sandy canyon can not still be radioactive!

• booger71 says:

It was kind of silly that getting under our desks would save us from the a bomb, but once a month we did the drill

• covfefe999 says:

Duck and cover. And get irradiated. 🙂

• Jim in TN says:

It is a lot better to D&C and get irradiated then it is to have glass blown into your face and get irradiated. The fallout can be cleaned off.

Reading stories of survival, it was quite common to be attracted to the flash. To move to the windows to see what is going on. The shock wave then blows the windows into the survivors.

• J Gottfred says:

Hey, my family (I grew up in the 50’s and 60’s) in eastern Nevada, down wind from the Nevada Test Site. I got irradiated a number of times. Put me in a dark room and I give off a blue glow. You duck and cover guys had it easy!

• Anon says:

Believe it or not, any amount of extra protection is helpful in surviving a nuke. Assuming it’s some distance away, being indoors, lower, under something, behind a solid wall makes a big difference vs. being outside in the open or in front of a window.

• Andrew says:

D&C is actually relatively effective as long as you’re not: A. directly in the blast zone or flame storm, and B. downwind of the fallout. Which is why it is making a comeback.

See a flash, duck (ass to the blast) and cover. Not too bad against either a MOAB or a Nuke, again, as long as you’re not in the fire or blast or fallout.

The survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were studied by the Army for a reason, to learn both how they survived and to develop a relatively effective strategy against the bomb.

It is a matter of location, location, location…

• Jim in TN says:

If you are in A, you do not have the time to D&C.

If you are not in A, it is going to turn much of the world around you into flying shrapnel. That is what D&C is for.

If you are in B, you will be better off if you do not have 100 little pieces of glass in you, each with an open wound. It is much harder to get fallout out of you than it is to get it off of you. And getting it off of you is easier than getting it out of all those wounds.

• talkietina says:

I was never quite sure why they made us do that. But it was kind of fun.

• sunnydaze says:

The Air Raid Siren for our side of town was right across the street from our house.

Lordy that thing was LOUD and terrifying and it seemed they set it off at least once a week.

• Buckeye Heathen says:

Wouldn’t have been unusual,the tornado siren in my small town is tested every Wednesday. I was born in 1951,remember the fallout shelters both public and private. Uncle stationed at Wright Patterson had one in his basement.

• The Boss says:

Our air raid sirens were tested nightly at dinner time. Same with a couple nearby towns. It got noisy around 6PM. During the day, the sirens doubled as fire alerts for volunteer firemen in our town and others. (Mercifully, if there was a fire at night, they had quieter ways to summon the volunteers).

• NJF says:

Yup. Under the desk drills and then later, moved into the center of the school to kneel against the walls, most enclosed part of the building.

• NvMtnOldMan says:

cov–I am 82 and was 6 years old when Pearl Harbor was cowardly bombed on a Sunday morning. We didn’t have fake drills about bomb shelters we had drills about survival about a jap invasion.. We saw balloons from japan with bombs landing in the US. I grew up in REALITY not a bubble like kids now days. It is time to give our kids the same protection as the damned political scumbags in DC. Put some marines at every school or some other military or police WITH weapons. These shooters are cowards and it is time to start taking them down.

• Andrew says:

Never ever lived in a place that wasn’t a first strike target, with no chance of survival evah! until I was 20. Then I moved to a secondary target location, which means depending on hit location and winds, I might or might not die.

It is the one thing that I will hold against the Clintons and Obunger forever, that they gave secrets and money to nutbags to develop nukes. Thought we were done with all that crap in the 90’s.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I remember crying and begging my mom to just let me stay at school and die if it was the real thing. We had had a drill that day where they tried busing all the schools of the district home if an alarm sounded This meant over crowded buses with longer wilder routes. Since I was at the very edge of the district it took over two hours to get me home. I was old enough to realize that if it had been the real thing I would have been dead in the middle of the run. I lived in Houston which was in range of missiles being shot from Cuba.

• Paco Loco says:

In 1954, we elementary school kids in Wisconsin did a monthly drill to “duck and cover”. I don’t think we really understood what a nuclear war would be like. The US conducted above ground nuclear testing in the US until the 1960s. My mother always attributed me being 6’6” to Strontium Ninety in cows milk. Everyone born after August 1945 has been impacted by the madness of mutual assured destruction.

• joninmd22 says:

He should thank God he’s not a 15 year old in 1938.

• sunnydaze says:

Sounds like he’s living in a neighborhood where drive bys are a common occurrence and his father beats him up every day. Poor thing.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Send him to Aleppo, then he will know peace.

• Cisco says:

And during WW II boys his age and not much older lied about their age to, get into the military and go to war.

• Carrie2 says:

cats, and this angers me because 100 yrs. ago a 15 year old was considered an adult but we see parents raising snowflakes and how not to be responsible or depended upon and that scares the heck out of me. They are spoiled many times and expect to continue to be spoiled instead of thinking as young adults and not little children.

3. treehouseron says:

I’m going to let everybody in on the dirty little secret why the FBI didnt’ do anything.

It’s because they’re swamped with these calls and reports and most of them turn out to not be dangerous.

They said the guy posted he was going to be a shooter on Youtube. This happens all day long, all over Youtube. Just go look at someone playing a video game or something, and the chat room is open. Read some of the comments.

The FBI didn’t do anything because they probably got 500 reports that day and ignored every single one of them.

it’s not an excuse, it’s just an explanation why they’re not coming out and admitting what happened and who dropped the ball.

• nimrodman says:

“They said the guy posted he was going to be a shooter on YouTube”

That was the first tip in November.

There was a more recent tip, Jan 5 I believe, that was much more explicit and detailed, it was from a fellow student or at least knew the shooter very closely, in the shooter’s hometown or possibly even at his school.

That’s the tip that it’s inexcusable that it was not forwarded, given the level of detail and first-hand knowledge.

• Charlotte says:

I disagree. The FBI did nothing because Obama holdovers in the FBI WANTED this to happen to screw Pres Trump

• annieoakley says:

I agree with Charlotte.

• olderwiser21 says:

Charlotte – as horrible as this theory is, both my friend and I reached this same conclusion today! Especially after learning how Brennan has contaminated the entire FBI with his anti-Trump politics over the course of his tenure. Brennan may be gone but not everyone who worked with him is. Isn’t this so sad to actually have to think this way?

• Winston says:

The policy was decided at the first Bilderburg meeting in 1954.
          Fully detailed in: Beyond a Pale Horse, in 1991 if your interested.
          The satanists have to tell you what they’re doing, its their code.
          Everything is hidden in plain sight.

• Ozwitch says:

Which is why these hot lines ought to be locally-based, not some national exercise where a Fed in DC decides whether it’s worthy of being forwarded to local authorities. Let the locals decide what data to act upon, as they have the knowledge and experience of their area.

• Andrew says:

Nope. Flag on the play.

All they had to do was check with the local PD. 1 fracking phone call would have verified the potential threat.

Maybe if they weren’t playing ‘hide the evidence’ and ‘overthrow the lawful President’ they’d have the manpower to follow up on a few of these calls.

Let’s see. They had all the time in the world to interview the Orlando shooter, with all his easily verifiable connections to Islamic terrorism. They were warned by the Russians about the Boston bombers and got other calls about them. And they got this call.

They dropped the fracking ball. No, that’s not it. They didn’t care about the game at all.

They did commit treason against the USA with their open support against a lawfully elected President, They committed illegal acts illegally authorized by a sitting President against candidates for high office. They helped frame 3 old guys at a coffee shop for “terrorism.” They killed how many people at Ruby Ridge? At Waco?

So, the vaunted FBI. Ask any local cop and they’ll tell you the only person that can screw up a crime scene worse than a firefighter is a Fibbie. Ask yourself why the FBI won’t tape or record interviews? The answer is so they can say the interviewee is a liar (see Gen. Flynn) and prosecute. The FBI openly supported Whitey Bulger and other crime leaders.

Bahhh. Screw them. They couldn’t catch the Lindberg kidnapper(s), or stop so much Soviet espionage that it was a fucking joke during WWII and the Cold War.

Their crime lab has been compromised multiple times. They outright have been caught lying so many times it is a national disgrace.

The organization as a whole needs to be put on suspended, the upper echelons need to be fired or sent to prison. Trim it down, fix it, make it back into a supplemental and federal investigative agency, and never ever trust them again.

• Carrie2 says:

TreehouseRon, then we know who owns you.tube and supposedly are viewing the films and yet they let them play. I hole them responsible along with Facebook and Google for allowing this garbage to even air or be allowed on their sites at all. They must be held responsible with better algorithms to prevent this. We have allowed this mindbending crap for little to grown students and it has to stop there.

4. susanphd says:

Potus sets a great example for the rest of the country on listening and on not being afraid to confront very painful situations. very impressive to watch.

5. Lawrence says:

The audio is so poor at such a crucial and meaningful event, and the cameras clicking are such an intrusion. The media just does not know to behave anymore. They really don’t care about getting in the way. No respect given. Jerks!

• nimrodman says:

My ear tells me that there is a combination of room mics and the hand-held mic the speakers are passing around. When a new speaker gets handed the mic, it seems to take a few seconds for the audio guys to switch over to that mic and defeat the others. So you go from an echo-y, hard to discern speech (the room mics dominating) to a clear and present speech (the hand-held dominant).

Yeah, it’s annoying and I can’t fathom why the audio guys can’t get a better grip on it.

• sunnydaze says:

The sound quality got *much* better at a point pretty early on, at least on FBN.

Assume it’s the same for the Vid? So hang in there. The content gets better and better as it goes along.

• Carrie2 says:

Lawrence, so you should have done what I did, I upped the volume which is a better way to watch a lot of stuff on a PC rather than a cellphone or tablet. I was able to hear each and everyone. Wish more students had come and be heard. It makes me angry that an 18 yr. old is crying like a baby on the loss of a friend. I have lost a young relative and friends and cried but not like a baby. They are in God’s hand and He is caring for them now.

6. Lopeover says:

‪The Democrat-Communists desperately need to have American citizens disarmed. They can not achieve their NWO global communist agenda unless we are an UNARMED population. The emotionalism on the left always excludes the facts! Law enforcement is not charged with the responsibility to protect you and people you care about. ‪ FBI & local law enforcement was negligent in this incident!

Where go one, we go all.‬

• Boots says:

You’re correct, Lopeover. And former ATF Tech Branch Chief agrees.

Excerpt:
      ———–

Posted at 8:30 am on January 24, 2018 by Tom Knighton

Former ATF Chief Reiterates GOA’s Warning on Regulating Bump Stocks

Springfield, VA – A former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) chief acknowledges that regulations or a ban from the ATF relating to bump stocks could affect other firearms and firearm parts.

Rick Vasquez, former Acting ATF Firearms Tech Branch Chief, in an interview with the Military Arms Channel, confirmed the warnings of Gun Owners of America (GOA) that a ban or regulation on devices that “increase the rate of fire” could be expanded to cover much, much more.

After the tragic Las Vegas shooting, GOA warned that any law or regulation on bump stocks could also be applied to firearm parts such as triggers and magazines.

“Vasquez and the Military Arm Channel echo GOA’s concerns. As GOA noted in our comments to the ATF, bump stocks do not fall under the established definition of a machine gun, nor does the agency have the statutory authority to re-define such terms,” Erich Pratt, executive director of GOA said.

“However, if the ATF creates for itself such regularity power, then any firearm or firearm part deemed to ‘increase the rate of fire,’ could be regulated or banned,” Pratt stated. “Such a regulation would put competition triggers, magazines, or semi-automatic firearms at risk.”

End of excerpt
      —————————————————

After 20+ years as a dealer and later, a firearms manufacturer, I’m quite familiar with ATF “Tech Branch”. One of their primary functions is to use zip ties, chains, steel cables, weights, and other apparatus to override a semi-auto firearm’s sear and get it to fire two or three shots with one pull of the trigger; a/k/a “double tap” or “triple tap”.

Once the rifle does that, ATF promptly seeks an arrest warrant for it’s victim, charging them with unlawful possession of a machine gun. As someone engaged in the business of manufacturing and selling firearms, and having submitted samples of my proposed semi-auto firearms to Tech Branch for approval, I followed closely everything Tech Branch did. I was astonished at the level of chicanery, lies, machinations and manipulations they went through to get arrests, prosecutions, and convictions.

I was not one of those so targeted, but two of my peers in the industry were. Len Savage of Historical Arms lost nearly $400,000 after ATF first approved, and then rescinded their approval, of his semi-auto Bren design. The disapproval came one year after the Savage started offering the rifle for sale. The disapproval was ATF payback for Savage having been a defense witness in an ATF scam to charge a man with having a fully automatic FAL rifle.

Savage took the stand and in open court disassembled the rifle and proved that worn parts which caused intermittent burst fire. Prior to that, he’d filmed ATF at a local range, with the accused and his defense attorney trying for 3 hours to get the rifle to fire a double tap. Once the ATF “technician” got a double tap he said, “See. It’s full auto”.

The judge dismissed the charges.

For proving ATF a liar, ATF then rescinded their prior approval of Len Savage’s semi-auto Bren rifle.

So yes, I have a dog in this fight and I’ve seen the other dog fight for over 20 years. The bump stock ban opens a Pandora’s box that allows ATF to claim a trigger job “increases the rate of fire” and therefore turns the revolver into a “machine pistol”.

Here’s articles that document how ATF Tech Branch (FTB, Firearms Tech Branch) classified a 14 inch long shoe lace as a “machine gun”. This is the kind of nonsense they use to ruin people’s lives:

The bump stock ban is a bad idea, no matter who says otherwise.

• Carrie2 says:

Lopeover, can we say they were too involved in politicking and not doing their job, but then remember the police and high school had made a deal not to make public or obvious the various crimes in that school. Lots of blame to many and not only the FBI.

7. Publius2016 says:

There are many sides and showing the American People that discussing these issues is not a crime…trying to impose your solution is one! President Trump knows we have to compromise on issues not Principles to MAGA!

8. HMelville says:

One of the Conservative sites that excessively covers all the negative political din to enrage their readers, did expose just how vicious and nuts CNN has become. ie. CNN reporter with a camera going to the Trump supporting woman’s house and identifying her after she inadvertently included some Russian troll info on her site like so many others on the left also did.

They’re also excoriating and mocking Trump’s listening session. Even though Trump is in a position to do something positive for America’s school children, they are doing their best to ensure he fails.

They really are a despicable scourge on America and I wish more of their dopey viewers could see it..

• Jenny R. says:

CNN is losing it. They really must be afraid of something (or perhaps their masters are).
      HuffPo has writers who are convinced that Mueller’s investigation will any day find all this hidden information that will immediately impeach the President.
      They’ve gone round the bend certifiably and now out in the open — trouble is that they are taking some people with them.

These are not the acts of a group of people who are at all confident that their worlds will stay afloat and upright, quite the opposite.

9. AmSa/Mx says:

• Blacksmith8 says:

Easiest path to safe schools – Eliminate gun free stupidity zones

• Cisco says:

I’ll expand a little on what one of the grieving father said at that meeting.
        “You can’t get on a airplane with a bottle of water”
        In Chicago to get into City Hall, you have to go thru a metal detector manned by police officers and Cook County Sheriffs Police.
        All court rooms the same.
        We know what you have to do to get on a airplane, so no need to go there.
        Illinois Governor, body guards, Chicagos Mayor, bodyguards and a 24/7/365 watch on his house. Ex-Mayor Daley, bodyguard all payed for by taxpayers.
        Schools, wide, wide open.
        See, only the chosen few should have protection, you or your children, pshaaa.

• Carrie2 says:

Blacksmith8, what we really need is to get of the leftists/brainwashed, etc. so that schools are once again normal as they were when we were growing up and studying. Today’s schools are not teaching the subjects needed and parents are not parenting but foisting off their children, mentally well or not, on schools which must accept them. This is ridiculous. Getting rid of the haters and naysayers in America is difficult but slowly but surely taking place, thanks to Trump and MAGA for all of us. In the interium the schools must be NO free zone here but weapons and allow those teachers that wish to be CC users and if security guards are there, also not ancient and unable to move fast, but younger and equipped for these types of hideous actions. Drills must be held for students to learn where, when and how to protect themselves and others and not just fire drills. Thanks to the one JROTA who protected others and lost his life (Chen) so why not ROTA like we used to have where they learn how to act, protect, etc. and learn to be real men and women and not over-indulged babies at an adult age.

10. linda4298 says:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/21/shooting-survivors-thank-trump/ One student, Jonathan, told Trump, “Thank you for everything. You’ve done a great job. I like the direction you’re going in.”

11. covfefe999 says:

Who drew the short straw to watch the CNN crapfest? 🙂

12. fleporeblog says:

I was a HS Principal in Fort Apache the Bronx from 2004 until 2011. My school was predominantly made up of all boys. 85% male to 15% female. It had to do with the theme of the school which was Careers in Sports. 30% Blacks, 69% Hispanics and 1% other. I had a reputation for having one of the highest suspension rates in the city. I ran my school of 350 students like a parochial school even though we were a public school. The only reason I was never fired was because I averaged an 89% graduation rate every year with the hardest population to graduate (Black and Hispanic Males).

I can’t tell you how many times I would have single mothers or grandmothers that would say at a post suspension meeting that they can’t control the kid at home and that the kid curses and screams at them. They actually were grateful that for the first time in their child’s life that someone held them responsible. I had 4 school aides that were all former gang members. We also had a cop assigned to the campus. I used and abused that cop. I loved getting him to issue summonses that would cost the student or parent $115 to pay.

The neighborhood had large projects all around it. Many of my students came from those projects while others traveled from throughout the Bronx to attend. My kids in September of 2005 were getting the crap 💩 kicked out of them and robbed as they were walking to the 5 or 2 train at Jackson Avenue. I had nearly 40 of them victimized. Thankfully the parents didn’t ask for a safety transfer. That would have destroyed my school. I started to stand with my 4 aides on the corner with bats. The 42nd Precinct refused to put a cop on the corner. The parents of the kids invited me one night to speak at the precinct’s monthly neighborhood meeting.

I spoke directly to the Captain of the precinct. The next day, he had cops sitting in their car providing safe passage from 3 pm to 6pm (for those that played sports or went to after school tutoring). He didn’t want to deal with the blowback of the community and the image of a Principal and 4 aides standing each day with bats.

We had cameras throughout the building. I caught a student walking out of one of my classes with 4 laptops. The cops told me I didn’t have proof even though I had it on camera. We were able to show through multiple cameras that he left the building with them. They had the audacity to say they could have been his. I came as close as one could come to getting arrested that day.

We had a music room in the sub basement with noise proof walls. I decided to become a Detective that day. I found out that the little fella sold two of them to a 7 Advent Church while he had two still at home. His mom agreed to do a drop on Boston Road. She didn’t want to admit to having them. We got them back from a trash can. The church actually had us make a two hundred dollar donation to get the other 2 back. The district honored the mom’s request that I would not to fair to the child if he still attended my school. She was right!

Those seven years were like dog years. I tell people I did 49 years as a Principal. In retrospect, I took a lot of chances. I had the numbers to back it up. Now I work at a District Office and there is no amount of money they could offer me to become a Principal again.

• FofBW says:

Thanks Flep. I do not think there is a higher calling than a teacher. Especially one that has a passion to truly educate.

• pluffmudgirl says:

I tip my hat and curtsy to you sir.

• Stick says:

God bless u sir. My mom was a teacher in a poor district with mostly minority student. I have an idea of what u went through

• Charlotte says:

These blooming kids are feral. I blame the hippie generation parents. Easy to have millions of kids but not easy to feed clothe and discipline them properly.
      These scummy “parents” had no right to have children if they can’t bring them up properly.

• Have Gun Will Travel says:

Well done.

• nikkichico7 says:

God bless you Fleporeblog, you are warrior. 🙂

• Carrie2 says:

Fle, the kind of teacher/administrator needed in today’s world but it is wearing and aging and I thank you for doing the job that long. Children of all ages need discipline, direction, and oversight, and punishment when needed and their parents need to be on the hotplate as well rather than just “dumping” their children off at some school to be their babysitter. I know I was a substitute in Ohio with a lot of black students and they soon learned that altho I was short that I was the boss and that class was large but learn respect for me because I would not allow any transgressions or stupidity in my classrooms. In other words, I was ts\he boss and they were there to do what I taught and told them to do. Helped a lot of them who had “failed” a class how to study and leave with at least a C if not a B or an A which mean did. However, I was fortunate to be taught how to teach and control and I thank God every day for that because it has helped me through my life here in the USA and working/living outside the USA.

• CC says:

You had a tough job, you just took me down memory lane…before Grandpa died, he was NYPD in the same neighborhood…(the family lived in the Bronx)…Grandpa’s toughest job back then (1940’s) was taking a truant back to school….switchblades were becoming the weapon of choice….my mom went to the Ursuline Academy for high school….

Mom used to tell stories of how nice the area was when she was growing up…rose colored glasses?…and how kids were more afraid of their parents and used to beg her dad to not tell their parents of their transgressions…

Today the kids are not afraid of disappointing their parents…only one of the many problems today….

• Paco Loco says:

Did the school district give you hazard pay. Tough job will done….your a hero Flep.

13. Peoria Jones says:

Boy, these kids today sure are smart. They know so much more than previous generations. I think we should let them set national policy.

In fact, we ought to lower the voting age to 13. And the drinking age. He!!, we ought to allow teenagers to become US Senators and Presidents. We should let them make their own rules, and decide what they do or don’t want to learn. There’s no reason for these silly age restrictions.

In fact, they are smart enough and responsible enough to start paying for their own public educations themselves. They should start working full-time jobs, and paying full-time taxes. They should sign up for the draft. They should be punished the same as adults, and thrown into the same prisons.

/ sarc off /

Seriously, I’m sick of hearing these kids shout and whine. Get them the help they need, and get them out of my face. Their parents need to exert some authority, instead of trying to be their friends. These public tantrums are an obscene exploitation.

When these kids grow out of their raging hormones, they may be lucky enough to have developed the wisdom and caution which come with age. Some of them may even achieve advanced degrees, where they learn that THE RATIONAL PART OF THE HUMAN BRAIN IS NOT FULLY DEVELOPED UNTIL AGE 25.

Why can’t someone like Dr. Ben Carson come in and shut this insanity down?

• covfefe999 says:

Are you watching CNN? I cannot stomach it. 🙂

• Peoria Jones says:

I don’t watch fake news, don’t have cable. I can barely even stand Fox.

It’s not that I don’t appreciate keeping an eye on the enemy, but I prefer reading something informative or listening to radio while I accomplish other things. Right now, that is a coconut custard pie!

I’ll save you a piece, just for suffering through the clown show for the rest of us. 🙂

14. covfefe999 says:

Wow, Nikolas Cruz’ younger brother was Baker Act’d. And there’s more interesting info in this article. http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/local/alleged-parkland-shooter-left-suburban-lantana-home-over-gun-dispute/NnRFpOjnkEGAh3K5wJ2m2I/

• covfefe999 says:

The two boys had been adopted by Roger and Lynda Cruz. Roger died in August 2004 at 67; the cause of death couldn’t be learned Friday. Lynda Cruz died of pneumonia Nov. 1 at 68.

I think Lynda was 50 when they adopted Nikolas. If Lynda was 50 then her husband Roger must have been 63. That’s awfully old to take on a new baby, according to a report I read Nikolas was adopted the day he was born. By the time he turned 15, if Roger were still alive he would have been 78!

15. Oldschool says:

The best way to get truth to the people and circumvent the msm media’s narratives, lies and manipulation is for Trump to regularly hold these open door meetings, televised to the nation. No one can expose the real Trump and MAGA like Trump. His communications team can’t and media hacks won’t. If POTUS did weekly “meetings” like this for all to see, his approval would sky rocket.

• Carrie2 says:

Oldschool, Trump does this a lot because he respects us and wants us to know that we are part of his administration just in a different way. This is why we are seeing some democrats, latinos, blacks, and Independents like me supporting him and voted for him. Also, it is well know that he and Melania both love children and why his children well raised, educated, and love their father, and he shows his love for his grandchildren as well. A big heart and very smart brain.

16. drawfortruth says:

I don’t mean to sound too sarcastic–but perhaps after the teenagers solve gun control they can work on healthcare.

17. drawfortruth says:

On a less sarcastic note–perhaps they can also discuss why schools are failing to educate our students. I actually would be interested in hearing them describe a typical day at their school.

• sunnydaze says:

One thing at a time, draw.

• Carrie2 says:

drawfortruth, well since we live in a small city close to a grade school and a high school, hours are short and we see someone picking up the grade schoolers early on and in hihgh school if lucky maybe 6 hours where when we were in grade school it was from 1st grade through 7th or 8th grade from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and only 1/2 hr. for lunch, and in high school from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 or 4:00 p.m. Teachers were ill-paid but we worked hard teaching and making sure the students learned what was taught. Today teachers are off more days than a vacation and with a holiday no classes for a week. In other words teachers overpaid for very few months of real teaching, and students are having whole weeks off because of a 1 day holiday. Something is not right here, DeVos, so get on top of this as well. Our money is being misspent, and teachers retiring at high rates while in the working word not so much.

18. sunnydaze says:

I’m listening to this vid again.

Some of these kids are so smart. The People at CNN and some other Media really NEED to listen to this girl, Arianna Klein, at @11:50.

I know they never will, but they need to.

• Carrie2 says:

sunnydaze, so pleased that students that were truly getting educated and putting forth the effort to get educated spoke up and spoke well, but there too few of them there. I would also expect they had good parental guidance at home which helped to make them sound like adults at 17.

19. Truthfilter says:

I just watched the whole video. I’m impressed with most of those kids. This was a positive discussion. POTUS will win many more hearts and minds before 2020.

20. sunnydaze says:

At 56:00, the man from the school in D.C., great idea about check ins at entrance.

21. nerveman says:

Good stuff in that meeting. Coomon sense stuff that can be done right now. I came away feeling like Trump sucked most of the Oxygen out of the hysteria. Let CNN have a crack at it.

22. sunnydaze says:

Dana Loesch is doing an *excellent* job at this CNN TownHall.

And MOST of the audience seem to be Fake News Journalists in training.

i.e. they are NOT listening to what she is saying and keep asking the same question after a very good answer has been given.

Hopefully, this segment will be separated out on a YT.

23. steph_gray says:

Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread because my browser is putting a huge rectangle on the tweet saying VSGPJDT is now stating gun free zones are not a good idea (too bad because I really wanted to read the rest of that!). Can’t read anything past that on that page…

Curious – any chance that PDJT seems aware of the dangerous public policy issue specific to Broward (not that it isn’t many other places) that sundance has so fully outlined now? If he did, I missed it. I wonder how he can be clued in to this situation.

• Carrie2 says:

steph-gray, I feel confident Trump is well aware of the “deal” between the high school and the police and each and everyone involved should be ashamed because they have caused the 17 dead students. If there is a problem it must be handled and removed but the school did not want bad news about how much crime was happening there proving that the administration there needs to be removed asap and get real management at this school.

24. Boots says:

Pathetic bunch of pansies. Yes, what happened was terrible. But listening to these kids shows more than half of them lacking in so many areas due to their parents’ poor job raising them.

In WWII there were Lieutenants 20, 21, and 22 years old leading men into combat. Lt. Karl Timmerman was 22 years old when he took over his company after the CO had been wounded (A Co, 27 Armored Infantry Battalion). He was ordered to take one of the few intact bridges that crossed the Rhine; the Ludendorff bridge at Remagen.

Lt Timmerman led his men from the front. They fought their way onto and across that bridge. They faced machine gun fire, mortars, 20mm fire, and German artillery. They made it and were the first Americans to enter Germany.

Men, not kids, like Timmerman were men because their parents raised them to be upright, sound, and responsible. They were raised to be producers and contributors to society. They weren’t raised by MTV, CNN, MSNBC, Apple, Google, Facebook, HuffPo, Arianna Grande, Snapchat, Tinder, or Twitter.

——————————————————————–

They weren’t raised to believe the world owed them something. They were raised with the understanding they owed it to themselves to become the best they could be and in that manner they would contribute to society and thereby promulgate the values they were raised with.

———————————————————————

The norm today is 180 degrees opposite. Today’s norm is to let the kid run the adult. To let the kid remain a child into his or her 30’s. To tell the kid the world owes them. That if they don’t get what they want they can rely on CNN, MSNBC, et al and Democrats to let them riot at Berkeley and in North Carolina, shoot cops, and play Knockout Game….and the Democrats and MSM will EXCUSE and CONDONE their evil acts.

AR15’s and bump stocks didn’t cause school shootings or Las Vegas. What caused them was 75 years of the degradation of the nuclear family at the prodding and machinations of the Democrat apparatus and their propaganda arm the MSM.

Banning AR’s, bump stocks, or any other firearm is like treating a broken arm by amputating a leg. It’s the wrong application. History proves that every time a gun ban is passed in response to a tragedy, the ban never, ever stopped another tragedy.

It may SEEM like a good idea to those who haven’t spent 30 years as a responsible gun owner on the front lines of the war against guns. But it’s NOT a good idea and NEVER was a good idea, because not a SINGLE gun ban has EVER addressed the underlying issues of the decline of the family, values, and morality and the apostasy of the country in having rejected God and replaced Him with the things of Satan; the world, the flesh, and the devil.

The bump stock ban is another failure of elected officials to open their eyes to the truth: DEMOCRATS AND THE MSM are to blame for it’s war against Christianity, the family, decency, and every other value the left abjectly scorns.

• Carrie2 says:

Boots, well stated and sadly so true. Give the children what they want but not what they need leads to snowflakes, boys not learning to be men and girls not learning to be women. Also I like to tell parents that at age 15 100 to 150 yrs. was considered an adult. In hundreds of years ago the age of 15 was an adult and acted like an adult. You can’t just give stuff to your children, but take the time to educate them in manners, truth telling, and plenty of discipline that will so necessary if you want to success in business or in a job.

• I agree. I do not agree with raising the age for gun ownership. When you are 18 you can enlist in the military and they give you a gun and teach you how to use it. Also, who do they think fought the revolutionary war? Eighteen was old back then; people died when they were 50. Total bs.

I still say go back and listen to what the African American student and teachers said in this video…they did not talk gun control (AA’s will never give up their guns and I don’t blame them)..they talked security. These white kids should have been invited to visit one of the schools in DC and then see how they feel. The AA’s are much more mature…because they have to be to survive.

• Mark McQueen says:

The “mentally ill” angle is another slippery slope. Let the Govt. decide who is “mentally ill”, especially for the purpose of “gun control”, and soon half the country will be simply designated as such.

25. Many years ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, there was something called the Cuban Missle Crisis. It happened in the fall of 1962. The principal came over the school intercom with tears in his voice telling us that school has been immediately cancelled for the day and that we had only 30 minutes to get home pronto. God Bless he told us and we were on our way home. Being such young pup, I skipped home without a care in the world, not realizing that it was not safe and tehre was no peace to be had…

26. Ziiggii says:

• Michelle says:

Uh sheriff, you and your police Dept are more to blame for this shooting than Dana Loesch could ever be.

• Boots says:

Less weapons? How about less politically correct Broward school board hacks? They let Cruze shoot those kids. The AR15 had nothing to do with it. He’d have used a semi-auto shotgun if he didn’t have an AR. One shot with 12 gauge using buck or 00 buck would’ve taken out 2 or 3 victims.

The level of hypocrisy and ignorance is beyond comprehension. Why doesn’t the MSM scream and cry about the 249 shot in Chicago from Jan 1 to Feb 12, 2018? What about the hundreds shot in Detroit this year? And New Jersey?

Media and Dems don’t give a rat’s behind about the victims in FL. They’re GLAD for this tragedy. It gives them a national platform from which to tug at the heart strings of the average, ignorant voter who gets their news in 30 minutes of sound bites from MSNBC while eating supper.

No one, it seems, is stopping to look at the deeper issues. Everyone is demanding immediate fixes. That’s the trouble with Americans today. They want everything done FOR them by SOMEONE ELSE and they want it done NOW, RIGHT NOW.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction by MSM and Dems. It was carefully planned to take advantage of the next school shooting….which they KNEW would happen because MSM non-stop coverage would inspire some unstable kid on psychotropic drugs someplace in America to become the next school shooter.

It’s all been planned in advance by the Dems. The goal isn’t school safety. The goal is to use school shootings as an excuse to eliminate the single, most powerful element standing in the way of a complete takeover of America by the Democrat/Progressive/Marxist party:

————————————————————————————————————————-

The American citizen armed with an AR15. Or FAL. Or M1A. Or M1. Or AK. Etc.

————————————————————————————————————————–

Promulgating or advocating gun bans as a ‘necessary compromise’ to end school shootings indicates a lack of understanding of the historical failure of gun bans to end gun crime or mass shootings, and a dangerous lack of foresight in failing to realize that once you give the gun-haters 1/8 inch, they’ll use it against you to take the whole 9 yards. One need only research gun crime in England and Australia to be astonished that since their respective gun bans, gun crime in both countries has skyrocketed to previously unthinkable levels. Guns are routinely used in street robberies, home invasions, rapes, and assaults. The criminal elements know their victims are unarmed, because most law abiding citizens obey the laws. Being criminals, their job is to break the law and commit crimes. So they didn’t turn in their guns and now use them freely to commit their crimes against an unarmed populace of sheep.

————————————————————————————————————————–

27. pigletrios says:

So not sure if this has already been said but I wonder how many of these kids are listening to violent music? Playing violent games? Watching violent movies?….How really involved are their parents in their lives…….other dimensions that must be brought forward into the national discussion. The entertainment industry has a lot to answer for…..no doubt some of them are howling loudly about getting rid of guns………

28. Davey says:

Unfortunately, the persons who really needed to be listened to, are either still in hospital…or dead.

29. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I feel for this community but where were these parents when the school board was deciding to implement this stupid policy of not allowing bad kids to be arrested to look like they are this low crime school? They could have gone to board meetings and stopped it! And the police department that went along with it? Insane!

• lokiscout says:

And the purp wouldn’t be facing 17 counts of first degree murder and attempted murder today. Not defending him just stating the obvious.

• mimbler says:

Yes, that is often overlooked. By not punishing early bad behavior, it escalates over the years to where something is done that can’t be swept under the rug. Then the victims can’t be helped, and the perp is put away for a long time.

It isn’t doing these kids any favors. Not the victims and not even the perps,

30. i have a permit to carry/issued in seattle wa, i want a stop to this bullshit! NOW

31. lokiscout says:

It has been my experience that we as individuals and as a society do what is important to us. Armed guards at banks, government buildings, industrial facilities (Defence Industry at least), airports, planes even many stores and streets I am sure I am forgetting some but you get the point. Yet we balk at providing the same protection for the most vulnerable, defenseless and precious among us our children while at school where they spend the bulk of their waking hours. I can only conclude that our money, government, industry and transportation is more important to us.
    Armed security at all these other facilities don’t trumitize the urchins what makes us think that unobtrusive concealed carry security at our schools would do so?

32. Rynn69 says:

Kids used as props in a tragedy. The solutions should be garnered at the local community and state levels. What about the FBI field office that dropped the ball? The school? We all could go on and on. And while this goes on…we have the biggest crime ever committed in the United States government spanning several agencies of government and wrongdoers that must be brought to justice to rectify and restore the integrity of our entire governmental system.

33. Dick Turpin says:

I don’t know the personal situations here but after reading what the Florida teacher of the year wrote about what is really wrong in schools today, mainly the abusive parents and kids thinking they are entitled to everything, violence desensitizing games and behaviour, mind altering prescribed drugs ($$$$$$$),……how many of those kids on the protest bus made an effort to be a friend student who turned killer?
    It doesn’t take much to turn somebody around and be part of a group….I have seen it in the work place with adults, angry, lonely people turned into the complete opposite by being simply spoken to like everybody else.
    Not in any way excusing the horrific crimes committed, just saying that’s all.

34. Mark McQueen says:

I skimmed the topic and did not see this posted… One student refused to participate in CNN’s townhall because he was given a scripted question to ask.

35. It’s starting to surface that this is another false flag. Keep close to alternative media. One of the crisis actors lied about his age, claiming he was two-years younger. In fact, he was a graduate of another high school and wants to work at CNN. Google Churchmouse Campanologist, for other information.

• Mark McQueen says:

The problem is there are people who think everything is a false flag. Invariably they provide a lot of dots that don’t connect. That said there is no doubt the MSM is attempting to literally script the anti-gun narrative after the fact. They’ve been caught red-handed.

• I didn’t catch who he is, however, the man in the front row next to the Sandy Hook mother in pink, with the blue and white check shirt and the very full trimmed beard seems somewhat older than a senior in high school. His border line cry acting and desire to hog the camera puts him more in the realm of an older trained anti gun activist to me. Not sold on the false flag, but do think these people have been trained and put in place ready for incidents such as Parkland. It’s horrible to feel this way.

36. rich hahn says:

Add hardening schools to Infrastructure Bill and dare Democrats to vote against it.

37. I find myself tempering fury with compassion. The people from Sandy Hook ware safe within their cocoon and trying to pull the cotton wool around the rest of us as well. They have worked out a framework where being good liberals will keep them safe. “Identify the “”at risk kids and the issues that brought them to that point and you will be safe”.

What utter horse pucky. What guarantee do you have that your shooter will be one of the kids at your school? In Japan there have been several mass killings at schools perpetrated by strangers, there can be killings by fired workers and any number of other scenarios. The Sandy Hook paradigm leaves every one at the school hanging in the breeze if the staff fails to read the mind of every kid, or if an attack comes from an unsuspected quarter. If that happens they will no doubt double down on kumbaya. Liberals suffer from a fixation on ideas that sound good and don’t check the statistics or the actual laws on the books. They pretend that bad people will be stopped by gun laws…Chicago..DC..Baltimore…most draconian gun laws, most horrendous gun violence.

The Sandy Hook community had a terrible loss and I feel compassion for them but their blinders should not prevent the adoption of sensible defense, ie armed officers/guards and backup carry by willing teachers, principals and staff.

38. Luke of the D says:

For the first time I am in total disagreement with President Trump. The idea that we need to move the legal age to purchase a firearm to 21 is insane! If an 18 year old man has to apply for selective service on his 18th birthday and can volunteer to join the US Armed Forces and possibly fight in a war and die for American interests, then he should be afforded all the same rights as me! Arguably more rights than me, after having risked his life for me. Install armed guards in schools, great idea! Allow teachers to take training and carry firearms canceled or open, great idea! But to punish 18-20 year old adults for crimes they did not commit makes no sense at all.

• mimbler says:

Yes, the local police had 39 opportunities to lock this guy up, and the answer is to take constitutional rights away from law abiding citizens. Not to mention the shooter had three illegal guns he could have used.

This is the reaction I’d expect from Obama, not from Trump. PDJT is a great president, but he isn’t -always- right.

39. marshall says:

On September 18, 2015, while campaigning for president, Trump made clear that he would not support an expansion of background checks. He hedged this pledge on the fact that we have had background checks since 1998 and they have not lived up to the promises of safety and crime prevention issued at the time of enactment.

The Uniparty that he has surrounded himself with for “unity” to get things done know that if he turns gun owners against him, he will not be reelected. They are smiling and can say “he proposed it”

If this is the only forum that one reads, one may not be aware of the sense of betrayal that is being expressed by his core conservative gun owning voters.

By just proposing Gun Control he has lost voters. He has lost trust by merely speaking the words.

I wish it wasn’t so.

Read Boots comments upthread and understand the hidden threat to gun owners liberty.

• marshall says:

American Gun Owners of all political stripes, number in the millions.

• mashall says:

Americans please forgive my underestimating your numbers….

More than a third of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun. There are by various estimates anywhere from 270 million to 310 million guns in the United States — close to one firearm for every man, woman and child.Jun 4, 2013

• Mark McQueen says:

I know at least one conservative forum that is a virtual leftist troll haven. It’s full of self proclaimed “Trump supporters” who can’t support him any more. Take what you read with a grain of salt.

• mashall says:

Here’s 100 to get you started.

Top 100 Gun Blogs And Websites For Gun Enthusiasts
        Last Updated Jan 30, 2018 |

There are now an estimated 2.1 million AR-15/AR-10 family receivers made every year. That equates to 5,753 per day.

• Mark McQueen says:

I don’t need to “get started” and don’t assume I don’t know what gun owners are saying. What I am not, is prone to jumping on bandwagons just to be in the parade…especially where President Trump is concerned. For not being a politician, he’s pretty darn good at it.

40. bosscook says:

One question (and the resounding silence from the left) will sum up this gun control nonsense:
    “Where were the protests, crying, angst, and CNN town-halls when Scalise and the GOP were shot up by a leftist Bernie Bro?”

41. Harry says:

Has anyone else noticed that every mass shooter, from the D.C. Sniper, to Jared Loughner, to the Las Vegas Shooter were all identified as Liberals, Democrats, Progressives, Socialists, or Marxist-Communist politically, or Muslim, such as San Bernadino, and Fort Hood. Klebold and Harris, the two Columbine High School shooters, were the children of Liberal Democrats, and Progressives. Both of these kids were on anti-Depressant medications from our friends at the Pharmaceutical Companies. Why don’t the Pharmaceutical Companies bare any responsibility for what their drugs do to people, especially those children, and teenagers whose brains are still developing? The affects of such drugs include violence, and suicidal thought, yet the FDA has never pulled them off the Market.

I am still waiting to hear about the numerous Town Hall meetings to take place regarding the use of a rented Toyota pick-up truck from Home Depot, by our friendly Neighborhood Muslim Jihadi, who used the vehicle to run down 25 people in Battery Park City, in Manhattan, where he managed to kill eight of the 25 people hit. Let’s not forget the 84 people who were run down by a Tractor Trailer Truck in Lyon, France on Bastille Day, two years ago. I’m sure the grieving families hurt less that their family members were run over, rather than shot, or blown up by some bomb, as in Boston, by two Muslim Chechens. Let’s be clear, here. These attacks are all coordinated efforts to shock Americans into giving up their Constitutional rights, and these scum are so low, that they would kill children to do it. You don’t hear the Liberal scum calling for bans on trucks, or to try and put Toyota and Home Depot out of Business, do you? These vermin want the entire population disarmed, for their own purposes, and you can guess what they are. Only a fool; a complete idiot, gives up his rights, willingly. Once you do, you never get them back. We didn’t have a pillow fight with the British during the Revolutionary War, nor did we play tag with the Mexicans, with Spain, or during two World Wars, with our enemies. We used guns, and Cannon, and Warships to meet the enemy with superior fire power, and win.

The average Swiss home has three fully automatic Military grade rifles available to the family. The Government provides ammunition for them and requires every Citizen to go the the Rifle Range to practice their Marksmanship. Since Switzerland has no Standing Army, every male Citizen goes through eight weeks of Military Boot Camp, and then reports two weeks per year for more training. Since every Swiss Citizen is armed, crime is almost non-existent, and crime committed by any type of firearm is extremely rare. Who would pull a gun knowing that they could be scrapped from 30 different directions? The Swiss are the most heavily armed people in Europe, with one of the lowest crime rates. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

42. old farta says:

Is the pres going to meet with the millions who suffer unreasonable gun control laws?