Chris Wallace Interviews Rush Limbaugh…

The polished guardian of all things swamp sits down for the annual discussion of current terms with the self-appointed emissary of full-throated conservative thought.  You can decide which is which.

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage, than the creation of a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institutions and merely lukewarm defenders in those who would gain by the new ones.”

Machiavelli

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

436 Responses to Chris Wallace Interviews Rush Limbaugh…

1. Thomas Raymer says:

Typical so-called conservatives. Circular firing squad. Go after those on our side because they may say one or two things you disagree with. Rush has done more for Conservatism than any of you that are bad mouthing him ever has. Rush also was VERY PRO TRUMP during the campaign. He never endorses but when almost all other Conservatives and talkers (never trumpers) were hammering Trump Rush consistently defended him. Rush helped people Understand Trump. He brought alot of people on board the Trump train when the GOP did everything they could to lose the election. Rush explained Trump to people (They are FRIENDS). He told people that Trump would do a Great job. Remember a lot of people distrusted Trump because he was a democrat and supported many democrats. Rush explained that Trump IS NOT ideological. Trump does not look at things as liberal or conservative. He is PRO AMERICAN and he is practical. He makes deals. For all of you slandering Rush for not being Conservative enough just remember that Trump is less Conservative than Rush. People have to be realistic and stop being such PURISTS. Trump is doing GREAT things. Rush defends him everyday. Trump is going to do things (like Amnesty) that Conservatives HATE. Rush is there and has been explaining all along that Trump is a negotiator and deals will be made and Conservatives have to GIVE A LITTLE. That is why Rush is saying ok Amnesty but no voting for 15-25 years. I love reading Sundances posts here at CTH but this post was beneath him. Petty. We need EVERYONE we can get to clean up this government and to try and paint Rush as a sellout or some jealousy thing is just wrong and very non productive

• olderwiser21 says:

I agree Thomas – well said.

• Thomas, please tell me what it is that rush limbaugh has done for “conservatism”.

I typed out a reply, then decided I would just ask you to point out as many of these accomplishments as you feel pertinent to your point of view.

– Rush Limbaugh took a dying AM Radio and turned it into a HUGE Conservative
        MEGAPHONE
        – Rush has educated MILLIONS of people on Conservative principles and values and
        taught them not to be afraid to speak up and fight back against liberalism. Not to be
        ashamed of being Conservative
        – in 1994 Rush was responsible for the republicans winning the house and senate for the
        first time in FORTY YEARS. Which kept Clinton from going ultra left. Remember
        Gingerich contract with America.
        – Rush uses great Humor to MOCK LIBERALS
        – Rush’s “Rush Revere” children books are being read by MILLIONS of young kids and
        teaching them about our TRUE history and conservatism
        – For over 30 years Rush has been unapologetic DEFENDED Conservatives and
        Conservative values while most Republicans immediately wuss out when challenged
        – While almost all Republicans were fawning over Obama after he won RUSH was the
        ONLY one who said ‘I HOPE HE FAILS”. While all the other so-called Conservative hosts
        condemned him because you should never say that. Bullshit. Rush knew what Obama
        wanted to do (DESTROY AMERICA).

It’s funny because many TRUMP SUPPORTERS on here are bashing Rush for not supporting Trump enough (which is BULL he has supported Trump from the beginning) and at the same time the Never-Trumpers who fancy themselves purist Conservatives condemn and attack Rush for abandoning Conservatism BECAUSE of his SUPPORT for TRUMP.

• Thomas Raymer says:

Here is want one of the most CONSERVATIVE radio hosts in America (Mark Levin) had to say about Rush on his 30th Anniversary

““I’d be remiss or worse if I didn’t mention that today is the 30th anniversary of the Rush Limbaugh Show,” said Levin on Tuesday. “Thirty years. And I don’t know about you, but I don’t know what we would do without Rush.”

“He’s been not only huge for this industry, the Babe Ruth of talk radio, but even more for the country,” said Levin. “He’s a dear friend of mine and he always has been…. I want to salute him and I want to thank him.”

• cozette says:

What does CONSERVATIVE mean? BTW I reject labels because I’ve found them to be useless in determining what a person believes but useful for con artists who want to dupe people fooled by branding.

• jbt says:

Well said, cozette; and – I might add – becoming truer every day.

• sat0422 says:

Well, how do you see yourself? I can say for certain that I am not a liberal based on what I see liberals say and do…they are easy to find. Do you agree with them and repeat their viewpoints? If so, you are probably a liberal.

Therefore, says Sam, I am, I am, I am a conservative by today’s standards. I don’t honor or respect Hillary or Obama or any of the “talking heads’ on TV who do. I also don’t want any stinking gun control but I want those in charge of security to think outside the box and do this: 1. get up off your arses 2. convert door locks in all schools to keyless entry…like that used in hotels and better yet, 3. erect a gate and have all visitors sign in and then be escorted into the buiding for business, if necessary. Otherwise, keep them out. The era of a closed campus is a new and novel idea but it beats he heck out of sleeping sheep.
                I would add that we must pay attention to reports of mentally deranged people.

Try this cozette…are you for open borders and do you endorse ideas and behavior that in years gone was studied in “deviant sociology” classes? If so, you are probably a liberal.

• Big Jake says:

Mark Levin is a putz.

• jbt says:

I was a diehard Levin fan – books and all – even defending his shrill rants to my conservative friends, saying ‘Hear the message, not the delivery.’ BUT…he now seems the sore loser since his candidate Cruz lost; my biggest criticism is that Levin rarely budges from his far, far right pedestal to accept Trump’s not-so-conventional methods [that appear to be working].
                Levin and Limbaugh have done a lot to raise awareness; but both have evolved a little too much ego for my taste and seem to be playing to their audiences, and their ratio of evaluating/enlightening vs performance is now not so great…tiresome even.

• clove66 says:

Thomas,
            Thank you for your enthusiastic and well-documented defense of Rush. I am a Rush 24/7 member and am mystified when I see snarky criticisms of his conservatism like this. I love Sundance and Conservative Treehouse as well and would feel the same way if I heard Rush disparage them. These two sources are my go-to places when I need no-nonsense analysis of MSM news. What point does it serve to undermine each other? Totally blows my mind and takes this site down a notch or two in esteem. Makes me sad…

• You can replicate this response by the MILLIONS. Rush’s show has had more crossover audience than any time in his history.

also, about that Rush REvere series: The first editions out did the unheard of: They garnered TEACHERS UNION recognition for excellence, a miracle which Rush knows will never be repeated, given the left’s stranglehold on public education.

Stand down and recognize that an anti-Rush bias is an anti-Trump bias.

• Texanfree says:

You are exactly right, Thomas. If you really listen to Rush, you soon discover he knows the liberals inside and out. He predicts their responses and moves constantly, and is very seldom wrong. He has more courage than any other so called conservative radio host out there, including Mark Levin.

• trshack says:

Excellent post and outstanding response. Rush has been leading the charge against the Left for almost 30 years even when he was about the only major voice doing so. It is a shame that many Trumpkins bash anyone who disagrees with them on any issue. Even though it is a rare occurrence, even I occasionally disagree with Rush. but Rush has been a booster and a defender of both Conservatism and the Donald before, during and after the election. He has helped Trump more than many will ever know.

• Sumdumchief says:

Rush is, has been and will continue to be THE stable element for American values throughout the entire media landscape. Deny if you chose, it verifies the agenda.

• And TRump CALLED into the Rush program AT LEAST TWICE when I was listening. It was unscheduled and Trump was unfailing in his gratitude.

• cozette says:

What on earth does Trump calling to talk with Rush have to do with the point Sundance is making? Factually, Rush called that mini me Bush boy, Rubio, a “full throated Conservative.” That was a lie and Rush knew it. Rush did not have to effuse but he did because Rubio was the Swamps backup plan if Jeb faltered. Naturally Rush is “supportive” of Trump. Trump is the Republican POTUS and his audience expects him to be “supportive.” BTW I do listen to Rush and appreciate what he’s done but I’m also realistic. Like Sundance is.

• olderwiser21 says:

I don’t think Sundance is realistic about Rush. He seems overly harsh to me.

• Texanfree says:

Rubio is one of the few times, in my opinion, Rush was mistaken.

• trshack says:

Young Marco fooled a lot of conservatives for a while. He revealed his true colors eventually, mainly on immigration and amnesty.

• sat0422 says:

Marco was sold out with the original Gang of 8 who endorsed a miserable immigration plan. He became butt hurt and withdrew for awhile. That was when I saw him give a luke warm speech in Jackson, MS. After that, he was in debt and elgible. Someone paid and Rubio was made. it did not happen just because he and Trump were at odds during the debates. Rubio was already sold out.

• Sundance has very few posts that I don’t appreciate but this does appear to be a blind spot with him. It does him credit that the amount of times that I truly take issue with him can only be counted on one hand and less than five fingers.

• Big Jake says:

Rush was anti-Trump until it became clear he would win.

Rush is a great 101-level class on Conservatism, but beyond that he gets out of his depth fairly quickly.

• Bunky says:

Not so at all!

• Thomas Raymer says:

Big Jake you obviously do not listen to Rush and did not listen to him during the election. Rush was pro Trump from the start. He took alot of heat from Conservatives for not trashing Trump during the primaries because Trump was a former Clinton donor and a democrat. There is NO WAY someone could honestly or intellectually say what you said if they had listened to him so I will have to assume you are just spreading falsehoods that were told to you by someone else

• Texanfree says:

That is simply not true. Rush seemed to have a wait and see attitude, but always applauding Trump when he appreciated what he was doing. You could literally see, well, I guess hear, him becoming more and more pro Trump throughout the election. I appreciate both Rush and Sundance, very much but don’t see either one as perfect.

• Matroidman says:

Big Jake, prove your first sentence.

• Scarlet says:

I love Rush.

• Bunky says:

Exactly right!

• we300 says:

I love Rush. He has saved my sanity many times whilst living in Marxist Mecca Seattle. Will not trash talk him under any circumstances.

• Bud Klatsch says:

Tom, I agree 99%. I have listened to Rush for decades and he was an oasis in a sea of MSM muck. BUT, his position that he would grant amnesty to illegals, DACA if congress agrees to defer voting privileges for 15-25 years is unbelievable! First, it is a tad sanctimonious for Rush to make such an offer. He is not an elected official! Secondly, Rush himself has cautioned his listeners for decades that Congress cannot be trusted beyond the current term The next Congress can do as they will and they will reinstate the voting privileges ASAP. Rush is so wrong on this issue IMHO.

• Thomas Raymer says:

Bud Klatsch I am against amnesty also and I am positive Rush would rather not have Amnesty but Rush knows Trump is going to make a deal and give Amnesty to millions and he is helping Trump prepare the people who voted for him (when he said NO AMNESTY) and I believe Rush is trying to let Trump and Republicans know that if they do it they better not grant voting rights especially not immediately. If they do Trump will lose his support and the Republicans will lose the house and senate. I think the hope is that if voting rights is delayed 15 – 25 years than a good percentage of those given Amnesty will have integrated and experienced the renewal of America under Trump and hopefully a few more good Republican Presidents and since it would have been Republicans that gave them citizenship they will reward them with their votes. Like the Civil Rights Act. Even though it would have never passed without Republicans and democrats filibustered it blacks have rewarded the democrats with 90+ democrat support every election

• Thomas Raymer says:

My position on Amnesty has changed from hardcore NEVER to if we actually get a WALL BUILT and the lottery and chain migration ended them if Trump has to give Amnesty to a bunch without voting rights for many years then fine. You just cant be a PURIST. but we also cant be the idiot Republicans that keep getting played on the border

• He threw that offer out because he knows the dims nor the rhinos would ever go for it! They want amnesty for the votes only!

• Texanfree says:

I don’t believe Rush meant that as an offer from him to be taken seriously. I think he was trying to make a point that if they couldn’t vote, the Democrats would not want them. As usual, Chris Wallace, tried to spin the intent.

• SideEyedCat says:

Bud, Rush said in the interview he would SUPPORT the idea of granting amnesty in exchange for no voting. He didn’t say he would GRANT them amnesty. It’s a distinction with a difference.
        And, I believe he is making such a shocking suggestion (just as Trump made a shocking offer of 1.8M “Dreamers”) to show voters how vapid and meaningless Dems’ support for DACA actually is.
        I just found CTH and feel like I’ve finally found answers to the gaps in understanding who is on “our” side and who the enemy is within the GOPe. I’ve been frustrated that most bloggers and conservative media speak in circles without naming names. So this place is a major breath of fresh air.
        But, I was completely taken aback with Sundance’s comment about Rush. I was a Cruz supporter who didn’t feel I could trust this big-talker that was a Dem until 5 min before he announced. I’ve been fooled too many times. So, I voted for Trump reluctantly because I knew it was better to take a chance on getting fooled again rather than BE a fool and let a criminal felon back into the WH.
        I have to say that I spent the entire year prior to the election listening to Rush DAILY and being positively aggravated that he never spoke up to take Trump out (which he absolutely could have). Further, Trump seemed to be his preferred candidate but he never seemed to offer a solid assurance that Trump would govern as a conservative.
        His saying that Trump “wasn’t ideological” didn’t comfort me in the slightest as I wanted someone to the right of Jesus! And, now I’m understanding what he meant by not being ideological (the infrastructure and spending, etc). But, if Trump will build the damn wall, implement eVerify and do everything else to deal with these illegals, I don’t care how much he overspends!
        So far, I’m thrilled with my vote and am glad to say I was wrong. Without Trump in office, we would never have known about any of the Deep State criminality nor the collusion and fraud within the Obama WH. Further, it made it crystal clear who the Dem-lites were in the Repub party. That helps tremendously!
        TheHumanCondition asked Thomas what Rush has done for conservatism. I’d like to understand why THC and SD doubt Rush’s conservative bonafides. This confounds me as much as understanding the Swamp! Please enlighten me!

• mopar2016 says:

I like Rush but the idea that he’d grant amnesty to EVERYONE is ridiculous.
      Sure just agree to not vote for 15 to 25 years and we’re good?
      I don’t think so.

• Benson II says:

He threw it out there to show that the only reason Dem’s support amnesty is so they can have a permanent underclass of voters. He said it to make a point, nothing more.

• steph_gray says:

And it’s a good point. In fact I believe it is the entire point of the olive branch that VSGPDJT is now offering to the insane ones. He knows there is a very high chance they will throw it back in his face, continue their tantrum all year, end up electing a Repub supermajority, kill DACA once and for all, and clear the way for a beautiful wall and real border security, not to mention the permanent destruction of the DimRats as a national party.

Yeah, I know, I’m a cockeyed optimist!

• Thomas Raymer says:

Bad news for you Trump is going to make a deal and give Amnesty to millions. I dont like it either but if he actually gets the wall and fixes the other stuff then whatever

• ibobland08 says:

Strongly agree as well.

Look yea Rush defended Bush and the like, but so do many Republican voters who voted for Trump. They are an important part of the coalition. We don’t have to agree with everything they say but we are both united against progressivism.

I don’t like the idea of attacking folks in the conservative movement unless they are active Never-Trumpers who are currently undermining our movement. Rush is one of the better guys in radio in my opinion.

• Benson II says:

Rush IS jealous of Trump. Trump did what Rush didn’t have the nerve to do and succeeded where Rush never would have. That has to be a very hard pill to swallow for someone who’s been speaking out in the wilderness for 30 years. That being said Rush has proven he is worthy of forgiveness for his lies about Rubio and Cruz because he’s put aside his own angst and sided with Trump and his America first agenda and he’s now decided to do it whole heartedly. Although Rush has never admitted wrong doing publicly (lies about Rubio and Cruz) I think privately he’s re-evaluated what’s happened, put aside his jealousy and decided to carry on with what he does best and in the best interest of the country. If he continues, he’s proven to himself and others to be a better man for it.

• Thomas Raymer says:

What. What has Trump did that Rush failed at? Rush has never wanted to be a politician and said so for 30+ years. Rush has said for 30+ years that he wants nothing to do with running for office.

• Thomas Raymer says:

And Rush has said for many years that if a Republican would run that would stand up to democrats and the press and not apologize for their beliefs and not run away from social issues that they could win in a land slide

• Stick says:

RUsh being slightly jealous is possible, but not hard core at all. He did say if u were full hard core conservative boy Cruz. But was extremely supportive of trump. He figured out early on that trump really was the only electable one. Beck is still jealous of trump. He’s eaten up with it. The points about Rubio are taken, but I haven’t heard RUsh say anything positive about Rubio in a long time. People change, and Rubio was one of them. Back in the nineties, kasich and gram were both hard core conservative. I mean they were rock stars. But they have changed. In fact our great MAGA leader trump has changed a lot in the last 15 years. U can’t bash rush and give trump a pass for changing their tune. As for Sundance basing rush, I love Sundance, but he’s jealous of rushs noteriaty plain and simple. It’s sad to c Sundance act so childish sometimes

• CBNC says:

WELL, WELL said Thomas. I listen to Rush almost every day – his diatribe can get a little old at times and I want to blast him every now and again but he has defended PDJT at just about every turn. He knows PDJT and has endlessly tried to explain each and every one of his actions by talking about the man and his means to an end.

WE are on the same team.

PDJT will do nothing that he deems will hurt the USA, all the while making others look like the fools they are.

2. GB Bari says:

I am an unapologetic Rush fan since 1991, for all of the reasons previously mentioned in others’ supportive posts. He was first to bring conservatism to the masses via a daily three hour long broadcast. He was a lone national conservative voice for several years. He has readily admitted that he evolved from being pro-Republican to now being anti-Swamp. His Rush Revere books have done more to counter anti American Leftist fake history than any other books of which I am aware. I’m always glad when he finally reaches the same conclusions or theories as SD. He has his trusted sources and his own biases, as do most of us who are around his age. It’s been apparent on some of his shows that CTH is one of those, but still only one of many.

3. Chad says:

There’s a lot of swamp creatures on talk radio, Rush isn’t one, despite his ignorance on economics. He treated Trump very fairly during the primaries, even going on Fox to defend him to the normal conservative crowd at a time when Trump wasn’t so liked by Fox News.

I’m not some life long Rush fan either, I only started listening to him in 2015 because of how he treated Trump at a time when many laughed him away in the media.

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

I like the suit and tie. Most flashy ties don’t work. in this instance, i think it did, for me anyway.

5. Beverly says:

Rush is old-school, BUT he does a LOT more good than harm.

The Leftoids, unlike some conservatives, know that every bit of firepower you can muster is HELPFUL. Some will bring howitzers, some will bring handguns, some will bring hand grenades, but they all help the army get the job done.

They also know that in a Tug of WAR, you have every single man on your team you can get, and you all pull like hell — inch, by inch, by inch. If someone is a bit off-angle sometimes but mostly pulls in the right direction, and hard, you never throw him off!

Remember, this man has a Huge Megaphone, and his direct reach extends to some 20 million people: that is an enormous asset to the American Cause.

• Benson II says:

I will never diss Rush when he is correct and on Trump’s and the truths side. This was a great interview although as usual he doesn’t understand Trump’s actions pointing out the incorrectness of the Russian collusion thinking it will come back to bite him it’s a forgivable mistake. As long as he does more good than bad I appreciate his efforts. This was a more full throated support for Trump than I’ve seen in other interviews so I say well done.

6. Beverly says:

I just listened to him. Rush has been making the point that he believes President Trump is brilliantly calling the BLUFF of the Dimorats by offering them these way generous concessions, and his comment about letting the illegal aliens all stay if they would Not be allowed to vote for 15-25 years is another example of this. He often says that if we made that offer, the Dims would never accept it, because they don’t give a rat’s hiney about the pore widdle illegals — they only want their VOTES.

I also noticed that Chrissy Wallace INSTANTLY changed the subject when Rush pointed out that Hagzilla won’t be prosecuted because Obysmal would have to be exposed as also exposing our national secrets to all our enemies. And that world-class Jackass has to be protected no matter what, amirite?

7. If you take down Rush you’ll have to take down Trump, since you may have voluntarily overlooked Trump publicly thanking Rush for his insight and his help, calling into the show unscheduled on a number of occasions.
    Sundance, there would be no growing followers of conservative thought had it not been for Rush and Trump had to have a super fast learning curve when he came into poitics largely unaware of how Dems behave towards conservative thought. Trump willingly gave kudos to Rush for his help.
    I brag about this site regularly but going never Rush is as ignorant as never Trump.
    You cannot defend Trump and bash Rush when Trump has been open in his gratitude and admiration of Rush…AND Rush has called it in many ways AND Rush has also cited this site upon occasion.

• cozette says:

Boy are you being emotionally triggered. You’re hallucinating what Sundance said. Things Sundance didn’t say at all. Please, please simmer down. Sundance is just trying to help you gain discernment. BTW the fact that Trump has called Rush and thanked him just means Rush is a powerful voice in Conservative circles who needs to be cultivated. Trump knows who Rush is. Like most people he’s complex. He’s done alot of good but it would be naive to think he’s willing to go with the ship with Trump if that was required of him. He’s not in it to win it like Trump, Flynn, Mattis and Nunes. That’s not bashing, that’s stating facts. Most people don’t realize the foundational shake up that’s coming. When it does, discernment will be vital. The ability to recognize Sunshine Patriots will be vital so we aren’t led astray by them or expect more of them than they’re able to do.

• Stick says:

No sundance is not just educating us He is human also, with faults just like everyone else. He is jealous plain and simple. Make yourself known Sundance, and u might get some notarity. ITS way beneath Sundance to keep sniping other conservatives

• Tonawanda says:

“Most people don’t realize the foundational shake up that’s coming.”

Many of Rush’s close personal DC friends will be adversely affected.

And already the standing of the Bush crime family (adored and promoted by Rush) has been degraded on its way to permanent bottom of the barrel status.

• Benson II says:

Don’t disagree but for some reason I feel Rush has made a decision to be on Trump’s side no matter where the cards fall.mainly because Rush has nothing to lose since he isn’t the one actually causing their demise. Rush’s fault was that he chose survival instead of absolute truth. He never would have survived by outing totally the powers that be as long as they were the powers that be. He would have been totally destroyed if he’d said the things Trump did about Bush. Let’s hope he doesn’t chose survival over truth when the time comes that Trump really needs it.

• Thomas Raymer says:

Rush has been working for foundational change for over 30 years. He has been super rich for most of that and could have quit anytime but has been there every day rallying for the cause. No one else comes close

• Thomas Raymer says:

No Sundance was not just trying to gain discernment. If that were TRUE then he would not have posted a meme picture of a big fat Rush linked to wallace, the GOP and Perino indicating that they are all the SAME. It was a direct and very undeserved shot at Rush and by extension those that follow Rush

• Good comment, sunshine patriots says it all. A lot of people do a lot of good work, just to get the little bit of “the other” stuff out there as well… like promoting a rubio as a full throated conservative.

A lot of people never ever even consider the things people don’t say, either. To me those are as important, if not more so, than anything they do say.

• olderwiser21 says:

Cozette, you state it as “fact” that Rush is not “In it to win it”. How can you possibly know that for a fact??? I think if anyone is being emotional about this whole issue it is you. Your remarks to others here are pretty condescending, actually.

• SideEyedCat says:

Cozette, those last few sentences left me feeling like I was reading the writings of an earnest Manson Family follower. “Discernment will be vital…to recognize Sunshine Patriots…”? Huh? Could you please be more specific?

• Tonawanda says:

Trump thanked Rush publicly consistently until Trump abruptly stopped when it became clear the Rush was working against Trump, as Rush continued to do until October 12, 2016, the day when Rush changed his approach (probably because his audience was tanking on the Trump hatred he was spewing).

• mdaush says:

Rush didn’t bring his 20 million listeners to votre and support Trump.
        It was the other way around. Most of Rush’s 20 million listeners who were pro Trump BROUGHT Rush around to supporting Trump.

• Tonawanda says:

Rush was very nasty to Trump, and always promoted the worst Never Trump narratives in a passive-aggressive fashion and other “kidding on the square” types of ways.

Then on October 12, 2016, 27 days before the election, Rush entirely changed the tone and substance of his show to be pro-Trump.

IOW Rush was an effective Never Trump, pro-Hillary voice, all the more effective because the Trump smears were coming from a “true conservative.”

I will NEVER forgive a single “true conservative” who was OK was Hillary as president, unless they specifically and explicitly recognize and explain THEIR character defect in being OK with Hillary as president, and thus the irrevocable end of America.

• olderwiser21 says:

I disagree completely with this assessment. I followed the campaign and Rush and just about anyone involved very carefully both before and after the election and I just can’t agree with your statements.

• Thomas Raymer says:

That is just a flat our LIE. You like the others did not listen to Rush during the election or your just a troll. Rush was excoriated through-out the election by other Conservatives (Never Trumpers) and even Levin for NOT bashing Trump and trying to take him out. Everytime Trump did or said something that people went nuts about Rush would spend MUCH air time explaining what Trump meant and how Trump was masterful at setting the narrative and owning the media

• “The listeners” have selective memories… obviously.

• Oh for goodness sake, just stop it! You realize you just stated that if not for rush there would be no “growing followers of conservative thought”???

Then said Trump had to learn fast because he was clueless about democrats?

Why isn’t marco the full throated conservative president then? marco rubio is about as “conservative” as john mccain, who is about as “conservative” as chuck schumer.

Believe it or not, some of us actually think for ourselves, but get bashed for doing so while not being bombarded with all of rush’s personal opinions and thoughts about everything three freekin hours a day.

• Tonawanda says:

There are many millions of folks who are non-leftists for a variety of thoughtful reasons, and there have always been and always will be, regardless of Rush and other “conservative” broadcasters.

Rush capitalized on average folks who wanted ONE source of public discourse which was not the same dreary leftist propaganda, which it has been for decades (it is not in the slightest a recent phenomenon). Dead tree National Review came out every two weeks, and Human Events once a week (IIRC), and Firing Line was once a week and often too abstruse to make up for the daily Fake News narrative.

George Will? Go read Bartlett’s and flatter yourself with your great depth.

For the first time in our lives we on the non-left, who might disagree on much but truly love America, love our Constitution, love or at least respect Christianity, who prefer to make decisions for ourselves as grown-ups, we are going somewhere, we are “winning” and we are throwing off the dreary Pravda/Izvestia Potemkin garbage we have been fed daily for decades.

Rush has brilliantly provided much welcome relief from the garbage, but there is more in a single Trump tweet and in the vibrant non-leftist voices on social media which actually is culturally significant and offers hope, two things Rush is not about and never has been about.

• Bree says:

Trump did it on his own with no help from rush or the GOP. Give me a break. He got on the trump train late , is it good overall? Sure, but I was on the trump train since the escalator!!!!

8. Rynn69 says:

Sundance – are you a true conservative? Bashing true conservatives makes one wonder…

• Tonawanda says:

You are behind the times.

Over the past decade “true conservatives” have come to realize that it is impossible to define a true conservative.

And part of the process was discovering how many “true conservatives” were phonies, whether phony conservatives or “conservatives” who are phony.

• joshua says:

second troll a la la la…..troll a la la la…troll a rynn69er troll a la la la

9. Tonawanda says:

This is propagandist McCarthy speaking through good friend Rush.

10. It’s easy to like the Rush we hear on the radio. After all it’s his job to be engaging and he does it well. HOWEVER let us not forget that Rush was a Cruztard throughout the entire Trump assault on the Swamp.

Limbaugh’s burnished credentials include:

LOVING NAFTA and mocking anyone who was against it. New World Order anyone?

Blind allegiance and boot licking to Bush 41 and 43- largely IMO because their embrace of him improved his credibility and thus advertising dollars.

Having Rove host his show. Eee gads!

Brutally mocking Trump with such brilliant bromides as “orange hair” and the really lousy attempt to mock Trump’s speech patterns and voice.

Waxing eloquent about how Trump “ isn’t a conservative “ for nearly en entire year. Adding to that brilliance the “full throated conservative “ comment about bubbleboy. Seriously how can one have full throated and Rubio in the same sentence and not think of the sodomy of Miami and Rubios encounters at the park. Yuck!!

Utterly failing to put the Billy Bush trap into context when it was sprung on Trump. For those who still haven’t read the transcript of Trump’s comments I suggest you do so. You will be surprised to learn that he did not say what the MSM and Limbaugh say he said. In context he was saying women would allow you to do anything as long as they were allowed to be in the orbit of a Star. Duh!

Limbaugh’s first god was The Republican Party. When it failed him Conservatism became his new Jesus – able to save us all if we would just believe. Now that this idiotic adherence to a failed ideology has been exposed (mostly by Levin, Crystal, Ericsson) Limbaugh has gone “all Trump all the time”.

There is no doubt in my mind that Limbaugh is serving himself first, and is clever enough to change with the season while telling you he has not changed.

IMO playing footsies with Wallace was another shadow cast by our favorite radio opportunist.

• Liked all these comments, for and against. Never surrender, let reason and common sense guide. I went off Rush, but he change his tune, now I put him back on, my ears get lonely. He really is a fuzzball.
      Levin, turned me off big time, never thought I’d listen to his screeching again, but then something happened, recently, out of curiosity I tuned him on . Levin still disagrees with Trump; the budget, but he defines his battle points clearly, and now defends and protects Trump, pretty much, all the time. Levin is smart and informative.
      The only thing 100% is that we die, you can run and hide from taxes, but you can’t run from the reaper.
      I have gotten a lot of info from this site, and every time I scroll past the Lord’s Prayer I indulge, whomever is the handle sundance, is the best there is. It took time for sundance to accept my handle, (karmaisabitch) for months every one of my posting was put on hold, am glad I pursued.
      I am a misfit, who certainly feels comfort and trust when I breeze through here. Argue and discuss all you want, but anyone who slanders this site, move on, the net is abundant.

11. Anne Adcock says:

Rush Limbaugh is my earthy god. He keeps me calm, so that I can carry on. He humors me. He has a way of explaining things that is just awesome. I enjoy annoying my friends and co-workers by listening to him.

12. Bob Thoms says:

To my ear, Rush’s commentaries/observations are always 3 or 4 weeks behind my own understanding and interpretation of events.

Ultimately, we are headed in the same direction, except I generally arrive at the destination well in advance of Rush. I occasionally tune in to his show to find out how far behind this straggler is.

Thanks Sundance.

If all of Rush’s listeners would check in at CTH, they would turn Rush off.

13. Sumo yokozuna says:

Rush is the Jack Bauer of radio

Jack took 24 hours to save world. Rush does it in 3 hours (daily)

Digressing to 1988, while driving to San Fran, late evening, dialing radio stations I heard this voice come over the airways and WOW I said, who the hell is this? Didn’t get his name just liked everything he was saying.

Fast forward 1990. I heard the same distinct voice from two year earlier when i lived in Biloxi Ms. Wow I said to self this is the same Calif dude I heard in 1988. Only this time he was broadcasting nationally.

He is a genius at marketing, a genius story teller, (Read his two books he published in the early 90’s). He is very funny and he is a real conservative Trump supporter.

Only downside for me today, is too many commercials. Or maybe at 77 years old, I am just not tolerant of commercials.

So I try to listen to his first 45 min, then Im off reading or performing honey do’s.

14. Charlie says:

Rush, early parkinson’s?

15. SPMI says:

Ok. Rush jumped on the Trump bandwagon late in the game. He now fully and conclusively and accurately supports Trump. I am far more interested
    In positive radio than what has occurred in the past.
    Ultimately I believe that Rush deals with the truth.
    His opioid addiction is in the past. His wording is in the past. What he is doing now is rigorous honesty.
    He better damn well hold to that position.
    I believe he will.
    M A G A

• Bob Thoms says:

Don’t disagree. But I have my doubts on Rush regarding NAFTA and free-trade. I think he is still a CoC republican.

• Bob Thoms says:

BTW, what is Rush’s opinion on DACA, the wall, and deportations?

• Thomas Raymer says:

If you do not know Rush’s positions of DACA, the wall or deportations then you obviously do not listen to him yet above you say that YOUR observations / commentaries are usually the same but you are much smarter and come to those conclusions weeks ahead of Rush. I call Bullsh*t

• I just heard him say “he will grant amnesty to every criminal alien in America” if they don’t get to vote for 15 to 25 years.”

Now that, is bullsh!t. Criminal aliens vote NOW, what makes him think they wouldn’t continue to do so? C’mon Thomas…

I’m sure he would have liked to have phrased that better, as “he” cannot grant amnesty to anyone but his housekeeper. lol (That’s just a goofy joke, Thomas!)

• Thomas Raymer says:

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you but Trump IS going to grant Amnesty to Millions. Rush is trying to help him smooth it out with the voters that he promised that he would not grant amnesty. You hate Rush so when he talks about Amnesty he is a horrible person but I bet when Trump does it you will say that it is GENIUS. And if Sundance made a post right now supporting Trump doing amnesty in return for wall, end chain migration and end lottery you would say how forward thinking and great the idea is

• SideEyedCat says:

You heard wrong. Rush said he would be willing to SUPPORT granting amnesty. Just like any voter can support or not support. He didn’t say he would GRANT such since he’s not an elected pol. Further, this type of grand statement is typical of Rush for shock value. Unlike Thomas, I don’t believe Rush actually meant it just like I don’t believe Trump actually put forth the DACA bill with the expectation that the Dems would take him up on it. Both men are trying to make a point that Dems don’t actually care about the DACA “kids”.

• mopar2016 says:

Good question Bob.
          Sounds like Rush would grant amnesty to all, in exchange for them agreeing not to vote for years. Doesn’t sound like a well thought out plan.

• Thomas Raymer says:

Just in case you missed it TRUMP is also for FREE TRADE. Was NAFTA itself bad. YES because those that negotiated it purposely made it hurt us. But Trump is RENEGOTIATING it. He will get rid of it if we can not get a FAIR deal but he WANTS to keep it. Real FREE TRADE is always a good thing.

• Tonawanda says:

Regardless of other issues, Rush IS a brilliant broadcaster, very congenial and mostly entertaining (which is his primary job).

Rush has stopped referring to “Trump supporters” as an alien group he is not a member of, probably because it too starkly labels him as a Never Trumper.

Rush recently has absurdly and dishonestly stated how he was responsible for Trump’s victory, an assertion so ridiculous it must be motivated by some demented psychological or commercial angle playing.

Plus Rush still occasionally intimates that we “Trump supporters” will regret supporting Trump some day. Like all Never Trumpers, he cannot let go of his abiding hope that Trump fails spectacularly somehow someday.

But Rush IS a brilliant broadcaster, no doubt.

• SideEyedCat says:

Rush is NOT a NeverTrumper. You obviously listened to him on the ONE day he said Cruz was the conservative choice and then never turned him on again.

He fully supports Trump and calms me down when Trump does what seems like completely outlandish and crazy things.

Like SD’s recent tweet thread said – you have to wait 24 – 36 hours into the news cycle to understand and form an opinion since the White Hats are seeding the narrative to uncover the Black Hats in our midst.

• Thomas Raymer says:

This is just one of MANY transcripts you can read of the Rush Limbaugh Show where Rush supports Trump and is excited about his candidacy and it is from JULY 2015. 16 months before the election. I know Rush supported Trump because I listened. Many listeners and conservative media were CRUZ supporters and they were always pissed at Rush for defending Trump so I just do not see where these people are saying he jumped on the band wagon. Trump and Rush are personal friends. Throughout the campaign whenever the media and Conservatives would jump on something Trump did or said Rush always tried to explain Trump and he succeeding in helping many non trumpers come over and vote for him

16. Bob Thoms says:

Has Rush ever talked about the Bundy standoff? Do we know what he thought?

• Thomas Raymer says:

Yes he has extensively talked about it and if you listened to him you would know.

• Q&A says:

In recognition of Thomas’ comment, I seem to remember Rush mentioning it, but I just searched his website and the answer to both questions may be Not Explicitly – but he did have a link to the court resolution and another to libs calling the acquittal white privilege. My guess is that he sympathized with the Bundys but bowed to the law, although Rush repeatedly stated that Obama weaponized ALL federal departments against the nation’s people for whom he had disdain.

17. Tonawanda says:

Rush has made all the standard (and 100% true) criticisms of leftists that every Never Trumper has made over the years.

But even his greatest positive victory of 1994 was squandered starting literally the very next day of the election when Newt acted as if the election crowned him king of the universe. With the active support of Rush, Newt turned himself into a daily buffoon who was used by the DemoKKKrats to smear “conservatives” very effectively.

Like with both Bushes and Nixon, “conservatives” were placed in the position of defending futility, of wasting their time on people who didn’t give a rat’s posterior about “us.”

The co-opting and beclowning of the Tea Party was another protracted exercise in futility.

Trump is determined to win, not play the game. That is what they hate.

18. viva says:

Rush Limbaugh is a patriot, and I’m as proud to be a member of his audience as I am CTH.

19. we300 says:

I really don’t get this either/or thinking. We need everyone who has half a brain and love for this country in his heart. It’s true that Rubio, Ryan and others are wolves in sheep’s clothing. It’s also true that we’ve been let down by many so-called conservatives over the years, but is Rush really in that category? Beck was more of a problem than Rush during the election. The man lost his mind over Trump and likely cost us the election prior to that too, swaying millions of his listeners into NOT voting because Romney wasn’t pure enough. Romney sucks, but he would have been better than Obama.

Reagan was very clear that there is no such thing as a pure conservative and we’d be lucky to get 80% agreement rate. I’ll take that, especially when viewed through the current swamp lens in which everyone is suspect in my mind. Rush isn’t perfect, but he does love this country and faced a lot of slings and arrows over the years defending it. I will stand with him because of that and because he has done more good in the aggregate than most others.

Rush is also human, and like us, perhaps he needed to get up to speed on the swamp. We know now, in ways we could not have imagined just 2 years ago, that the rot in DC is breathtaking in scope. Perhaps Rush needed to come to learn about that, just as we have.

20. hillbilly4 says:

Rush is just one man, with an opinion. Nothing more. I am not sure I would classify him as a ‘genius’ – I don’t think even HE would classify himself as a genius. He backed Cruz…and lost. Rush CAN be wrong too.

So, where does Rushbo turn to…Trump. Rush has no other option. If he did not back Trump, his radio show would go the way Beck & the Blaze.

I will support Rush as long as he understands: this is not the time & age of half-hearted support for Trump. Our country is in for a long haul of not only DC, but the Federal Court system, the entire College/ University system, and nearly every Federal Agency corrupted by Obama & the DEMS.
    We are not fighting just the DEMS – we are fighting a corrupted ethos of our era and for the future of our progeny. Who and what are we fighting?: Legal Positivism in the Schools of Law, Communism in the government, Antifa in the streets, Drug poisoning – not just illegal drugs, but rx-type drugs too, the Cesspool called Hollywood, degradation of the Constitution, ISIS, IRAN, North Korea, etc.

I tell you – THIS is a great time to be alive – Common Conservatism is on the upswing. If Rush supports Trump – I will support Rush. If not, Rush can retire.

• Bob Thoms says:

Absolutely, it’s all hands on deck……..but Rush is no longer the leading force, he is just another radio talker who doesn’t understand the Trump Movement. He is stuck in the Bush years.

Rush recently got caught ripping off Sundance analysis……..

21. William D Miller says:

I think there are many other so called conservatives that I would criticize before Rush.He is not perfect, but he is pretty good.