February 9th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #386

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,911 Responses to February 9th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #386

• Old Lady says:

Regardless, he’s not a good choice to lead an ethics course at William & Mary.

• disgustedwithjulison says:

Yes, the ethical thing for him to do would have been to stand down from his position….now, if it turns out he rats all of the perps out….then I would feel somewhat different about his ethics/moral compass.

• VegasGuy says:

Actually. IMO, he is a good choice…IF the Ethics course examines his leadership & actions at the FBI, there will be much for the students to learn regarding so called “Ethics” of his tenure…

• so are you saying if a person is unethical yet teaches proper ethics its ok just cause hes personally been in an ideal situation of ethics as a high official? i believe we all have our ethical issues and evil behavior. highly suspicious and controversial people may be able to teach about ethics but definitely is not a ‘good choice’.

• paulraven1 says:

Actually, he’s perfect. The American university is a swillhole, the “name” universities most of all. He fits right in.

• 🍺Gunny says:

Either you are in charge or not….him not calling the shots is not an excuse…

• saywhat64 says:

Both Comey and obama (and many others) are guilty of conspiracy and obstruction in relation to the Clinton e-mail affair.

• Hollywood Bungalow says:

This is worth a read because it speaks to the differences between a criminal investigation and a counterintelligence investigation.

• Patrick Blasz says:

Rush was mentioning this yesterday and I wanted to find out more about it. Sounded like a compelling argument in favor of our VSG POTUS.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I asked that question when the texts first came out (could it have simply been about Russian meddling)….and McCarthy addresses that likelihood in his article.

However, I’m still not clear we know . From the texts alone, we do not know what info Obama wanted to be briefed on. It could have been Russian meddling (Intel) or it could have been stuff on Hillary emails investigation (crminal) or spying on Trump (political). Do we know?

• Leapin says:

Were the texts before or after the Clinton email investigation and her exoneration which technically was determined by Obama a month before Comey made the exoneration speech. You will then have an idea if it was Clinton email or Russia related.

• Leapin says:

Yes, this is a very worthwhile read. However just as Obama and Comey tried to fool us with the Clinton emails with “she didn’t have malicious intent” which isn’t a standard under the law, Mueller, et al, might be doing something similar by ignoring the difference between counterintelligence and criminal investigation when his charter is just for counterintelligence.

• mimbler says:

I disagree with the article. Obama may have suggested how he saw the situation (or more precisely how he would like it to be), but Comey was indeed calling the shots. He called the shot that he would not fairly investigate Hillary and hand his conclusions to the DOJ AG. Then they could accept them, or they would be the criminals. As it is, Obama, and Lynch committed no crimes. Comey did.

Everyone who commits a crime because he thinks his boss would like the results is calling the shots. What a ridiculous article designed to somewhat whitewash Comey.

• georgiafl says:

Comey’s compromise with the Clintons’ crime and corruption goes way back. They owned him.

• georgiafl says:

Comey is even writing a book like all the corrupt politicians do.

How many political-fiction-biography books are there?

Heck, even Cruz had one written complete with fictitious stories about his (CIA?) dad and mom….whose records are sealed.

• justme928 says:

Obviously there is a lot more to come out and we all know what Comey should or should not have done, based on our own reality. Comey’s reality, good, bad or of his own making, is/was very different. Obama and Clinton are two of the most powerful and corrupt individuals in the world. The depth of the corruption supporting Obama and Clinton has no bottom, and it extends worldwide. Both likely have been spying on everyone for a very long time. Goodness knows both are capable of destroying a life, or worse yet, ending it. Who knows what the extent of Comey’s actions were, who knows what his thinking was but in the end, it is likely he will wish he never met either Clinton or Obama.

• JohnPaulJohnes says:

I’ve heard this argument a few days ago and bought it. I also heard arguments against this logic of defending Comey from Lynch. Not sure where I stand today???

Basically the argument is the immunity deals are not Comey’s fault because it had to be approved by Lynch (presuming, initiated also).

All the classified emails on Hillary’s home server is not her fault because other people emailed them to her private server without verifying where it was really going. (Not true, just more lack of accountability for crimes.)

Also read that Comey was posting on 4Chan as FBIanon and was saved out of a difficult situation by Trump in the firing.

Been reading for quite a while about Mueller being a white hat posing as a black hat to get all the black hats. Now hearing that Mueller is not a good guy at all, just trying to keep himself out of jail as a motivation for all of his actions.

• William F Buckley's Ghost says:

Great article by Dr. Gorka on Comey explaining that Obama really made the decision not to prosecute Hillary. Comey was merely a lapdog!

1. phoenixRising says:

• phoenixRising says:

winning,winning,winning

• John in IN says:

If you think drugs are expensive now, just wait until they’re free!

• Sandra-VA says:

Well, generic drugs used to be “free” if you accepted them instead of name brands – via your insurance. So, it is probably going to be a negotiated price such that the seniors won’t need to pay their portion.

• mimbler says:

Yes, and it is already happening. Last time I picked up my generic statin under Blue cross insurance, the cost was 00.00. And I still got fuel points from my pharmacy (x number of points per prescription filled), so they paid me to get my medicine!

• Madison Grant says:

What he is trying to do is stop Big Pharma from gouging people with their monopolies. They are REALLY taking advantage of this, and running up the costs of drugs to profiteer. Look up Martin Shkreli.

• mimbler says:

Yes, if you pay the same co-pay for name brand or generic, human nature will have most take the expensive name brand.
            Giving people an incentive to take the generic will force the manufacturer to lower their non-generic prices to compete.

• stenwin77 says:

Nothing’s free. SOMEBODY’s paying.

• Alligator Gar says:

Probably why my co-pays keep going up and up for GENERIC (required by the HMO I am on). Don’t even get me started when the Dr. insists on a name-brand!

• singingsoul says:

I do not like Generic medicine. Some is not made in US and made in India or who knows where.
          My husband type2 diabetic refused a meeter for testing his sugar level that was not made in US and rightfully so its a piece of crap. He even refused the alcohol swabs that are not made in US. I hope insurances do not use this to force people to use inferior meds

• jahealy says:

Generics aren’t inferior, in my experience. They have the same active ingredient(s) as the name brand, without the price tag. I hate to tell you where I’d be if it weren’t for generics, including generics I have to order from outside the U.S. in order to afford them. I’ve never had a problem with a generic (I buy generic store brands of over the counter drugs as well), and I’ve had them come from India and elsewhere. Example: Before my migraine med was cleared for generic, I paid $200-$300 for 9 (NINE!) pills. Generic = $8 to $16 for 12 pills. Another example: My asthma inhaler is $300 for the brand name here in the U.S. So I fill my scripts in Canada and get the generic (not even available here) for under $20.

• NC PATRIOT says:

But I have an example of a less than desirable generic. I have a ventolin inhaler that I use only as needed. The generic has the same drug content—–but the delivery system in the generic is lousy. It deposits the medication on the back of the tongue——-instead of further back at the airway opening——-and it’s cap is not attached so can come off in your purse or otherwise get lost. My MD wrote a note to my Insurance company, insisting they cover the other one !

• jahealy says:

I also have an example of a less than desirable generic asthma inhaler. It’s supposed to be the generic equivalent of Advair 100/50, but the dose of both active ingredients is significantly lower. And it wasn’t that much cheaper, either. Not saying every generic is a good deal … just saying I’ve had good luck and would’ve been stuck without them over the years due to the price of the name brand drugs.

• I also want to add both the ER docs and the neurologists have stated generics can swing 20-30% either way from the amount of medication as compared to the brand name. It all depends on the batch made and where they are made. It is a cr@p shoot at best.

• Not all generics are the same. After switching my son to generic seizure medicine, after a week, he had 3 seizures in one night This had not ever happened before. The doctors all thought it was a one off. However, I went back to paying more for the name brand. The insurance co pharmacy again sent the generics a few months later and within a week, we were back in the ER with my son having multiple seizures.

Now I go to CVS and get the name brand. The insurance co just will not send the name brand. Everyone time i step in the ER it is a small fortune and as I have a huge dedutuble and a ER only co-pay of $500. This is my company supplied insurance by the way. We have to go the ER because we’ve been to a dozen doctors and dozens of tests and they don’t know what causes his seizures. They could not even trigger one with the normal means when we stayed for a week and they took him off seizure meds.

As for price gouging, without insurance, the name brand would be 800.00 USD per month and with it, it is 60.00 USD. I have no idea what we are going to do if I ever lose my job or what to do when he is 26 and off my insurance.

• jahealy says:

Yikes. I feel for you. I was in the ER end of October for of all things, a really strange nosebleed that didn’t “present” as a nosebleed (I’ll spare you the details), and I ended up with about a $4,500 tab after my insurance paid “their share.” And for this privilege, I pay a $622/month premium. Had to go to urgent care a few weeks ago (I’m having a lousy winter!), and it cost me over $300 for a diagnosis of a sinus infection. I don’t know how families with sick kids are hanging on at this point.

• CaptainNonno says:

Virt7ally no generics are made in the US. India, Israel the majority. Rest of the world gets the remaining 15%

• JMC says:

Try Goodrx.com Free coupons online. You don’t have to be a member or give personal info. They are however starting to try to get people to pay a fee. But not yet. Recently, I got 180 Days of Atorvastatin (=Lipitor) and Losartan (=Diovan) at believe it or not, Stop ‘N Shop Pharmacy for $32 total. My doc wrote me a double-strength per-pill prescription. I cut the pills in half (actually, I bite them in half; much easier). Goodrx will show you all the prices at all the stores with their coupon. I have a Medicare Part C-D benefit, but it sucks; the deductible alone is $400 and their designated providers charge too much for the drugs. When Walmart and then Target (now = CVS) jacked the prices up with my coupons, I moved right over to Stop ‘N Shop. Actually, the new pharmacy will do it for you. I will change pharmacies in a heartbeat. I take the script from my doctor without designating a pharmacy. Doesn’t cost anything to experiment with prices at Goodrx.com

• JMC says:

The prescriptions were actually written for 90 pills. But they were written at double strength.

• CaptainNonno says:

As a pharmacist I would suggest that, wherever you go, make sure they have a complete list of the meds you take. There are many med errors out there and they might pick up on it for you

• Oldschool says:

Agree sten. I just want a competive market and choices. I hate the whole “co-pay” system. An insurance devised scam.

• mimbler says:

It isn’t free but think about this example: You need a drug.
        Generic is 18 dollars
        Name brand is 70 dollars.=

Co-pay is 10 dollars.
        Current situation cost to insurer:
        generic 18 – 10 = 8
        name brand 70 – 10 = 60

So with cost to consumer the same they often choose name brand which costs the insurer 60 dollars.

Proposed situation cost to insurer
        generic 18 – 0 = 18
        name brand 70 – 10 = 60

But now the consumer is incentivized to use the generic which cost the insurer 18 dollars, and few use the name brand which costs the insurer 60 dollars.

It really is a win/win for everyone but the pharma company that is overcharging for the name brand drug because insurance now disguises the true cost to the consumer.

• jrapdx says:

It’s a subject I know about. Fact is most generic drugs are dirt cheap at the wholesale level. Pharmacists would tell you that generics generate their largest profits. Many cost only pennies per pill, yet they’re sold at dollar(s) per pill cost to consumers or insurers. Brand name drugs often cost a great deal more but profit margin is much lower.

So yeah, it’s quite possible to eliminate co-payments for many generic drugs when Medicare (or other insurer) picks up the tab for drugs purchased in huge amounts at very low cost. The dispensing agent still makes a decent profit but not at the inflated price-gouging we’ve seen for products in recent years.

• Troublemaker10 says:

This is where having a business mind and problem solver (not an idealogue) in office is a good thing for the country.

This type of thing (as it relates to negotiations with drug companies to lower drug costs, etc) comes more from the left more than the right….and is supported by majority of Americans.

If it is a good idea….Trump will consider it and run with it….no matter which side it comes from.

2. wheatietoo says:

I hope this whistleblower is getting a security detail, 24/7.

He’s laying out the trail that leads right up to Zero44.

3. Barack Obama is the head of the snake. All corruption leads back to him. Barack Obama must be brought up on numerous charges of treason and sedition, convicted, sentenced, and executed. We the People demand it.

• CaptainNonno says:

Only in the Government. He was birthed by a toxic stew funded by Soros nurtured by his Indonesian cult and Rev. Wright. The Clintons opened the door for him to immense wealth. So much missing in a State and Defense plus all th3 CFPB $ that got kicked back to him and Pocahontas. Etc etc etc etc”……………..

• Derek Hagen says:

The Obama Treason Snake

4. D. Manny says:

2016-10-29 FGPS “shocked and angry” when James Comey re-opens Clinton’s email investigation and wants to push back

Glenn Simpson states in his testimony that he wants to let it out that Trump is under investigation too so that it would be known that both candidates are under investigation, but how would Simpson know that Trump was under investigation? Comey stated in the January meeting (two months later) with Trump that Trump was not under investigation.

5. wheatietoo says:

Thank you, Wolf, for including CrowdStrike in this sordid mess.

I think CS is a key piece of the puzzle.

CS is a seriously creepy, seriously spooky outfit.

— Funded by Google & Soros, pretty much unlimited funds.
    — Co-founder is Russian/Ukrainian.
    — Employs rabid dark web hackers.
    — Is referred to as “DNC’s web security firm”.

CS is so spooky no one seems to want to talk about them.

I think CS is Eric Schmidt’s black ops cyber-espionage group, using ‘internet security’ as a front.

• Gil says:

Maybe why schmidt is leaving a more public position at google and going deeper into cs? Didnt he also try to get a huge security clearance recently?

• Jim in TN says:

Wheatie, If I remember correctly, CrowdStrike was hired for the DNC by the same law offices and at about the same time as Fusion GPS was hired.

CrowdStrike makes false claim that DNC was hacked by Russians, Fusion GPS makes false claim that Trump Colluded with Russians. Both were a coordinated Dimocrat ploy. Both were unverifiable by FBI. Both were accepted by FBI because of previous relationships, (and likely top down coordination, remember Jacoby visiting WhiteHouse at about the same time as both were hired.)

And both had grudges against PUTIN/RUSSIA. Wonder if CrowdStrike had a bias against Trump the same way FusionGPS/Steele had a bias against Trump?

• wheatietoo says:

Yes, you can bet that CS has a bias against Trump.
        And they are still active and still ‘in business’.

• dawg says:

And then in March ’17, Wikileaks releases Vault 7, revealing Project Umbrage, the CIAs capability to hack and then misdirect attribution for the hack to foreign govts. Ive said for almost a year now that this is exactly what happened. Obama/Hillary etc…needed something to point to Trump. After he jokingly told the Russians to look for Hillarys emails, they had the CIA plant evidence of a Russian hack on the DNC computers and VOILA!

• dawg says:

Crowdstrike takes a quick look and says “Yep, Russia. See here FBI, thats Russia.” FBI and “17 other intel agencies” then say “oh yeah, sure enough, Russia.”

• jbowen82 says:

FBI did no independent investigation of the DNC server because Crowdstrike came to the answer the FBI wanted to hear. A forensic analysis might have brought forward something that challenged the narrative.

• Tonawanda says:

“I think CS is a key piece of the puzzle.”

1) Is it possible for Mueller (or anyone) to investigate Russian influence on the election, or Trump/Russia collusion, without getting to the bottom of the phony “Russian hack of the DNC” narrative? This Narrative was the central fact of the Russian narrative before the Clinton dossier. And you will notice how little the DemoKKKrats refer to this formerly Earth-shattering event.

2) The “hack” supposedly took place in June and July of 2016, and supposedly resulted in the deeply embarrassing disclosure of DemoKKKrat corruption by Wikileaks in late July.

3) In fact, the “hack” was not a hack but a local download, perhaps by Seth Rich but almost surely by a DemoKKKrat with access to the server. Trump himself has stated confidently that there was no hack:

4) Crowdstrike was the specific organization which provided cover for the fraudulent narrative. The DNC denied the FBI access to the server, a fact which alone suggests that fraud was being implemented (perhaps with cooperation of Comey).

5) Assuming for the sake of argument that the “hack” story was fraudulent, there ought to be definitive “physical” evidence of the fraud based on computer forensics, plus whatever the NSA captured, plus Assange (who has said it was NOT the Russians, and has intimated it was Seth Rich).

6) If it was a fraud, every person involved in perpetrating the fraud was involved in an elaborate scheme implicating as guilty parties.

7) The guilty parties did things, said things, made things happen which can be discovered by a competent investigator.

8) If and when discovered, the Russian hack fraud ought to open Pandora’s box on the entire Russian Narrative, and tell us whose Brain Child the Narrative was.

9) IMO this aspect of the Bogus Narrative has received very little attention but could be quite dramatic in the final understanding of things.

• EternalVigilanc3 says:

Good breakdown of C.S. and the “dnc hack”
      https:// mobile.twitter.com/DropTha_Mic25

• wheatietoo says:

Yes, thanks…there is some really good info there.

• JMC says:

I totally agree with Lola’s disgust over the lack of curiosity about CrowdStrike. The whole business shows the absurdity of our intelligence apparatuses “contracting out” their digital analysis work. Are they so utterly stupid that they don’t have such people in-house? Apparently they are, or else they are being totally disingenuous, or use these contractors like cutouts to cover up wrongdoing. This same policy is what led to their giving the “Keys To The Kingdom” to 3rd parties who stole our entire snooping toolbox, which then ended up online to be used against us all. How utterly stupid – and traitorous. This was the Obama-Clinton culture.

• Jenny R. says:

Crowd Strike has worked with Kaspersky Lab.

6. RSExteriors says:

Source of National Security Breach Identified – Leaker is David Laufman of DOJ

7. ForGodandCountry says:

ON THIS DATE: February 9, 1950

During a speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, Senator Joseph McCarthy (R-WI) claims that over 200 members of the Department of State that are “known communists.” The speech vaulted McCarthy to national prominence and sparked a nationwide investigation of subversives in the American government and beyond.

• tazz2293 says:

Everyday McCarthy is proven more right.

• Sylvia Avery says:

And it has only grown worse.

• The “nationwide investigation of subversives” failed, McCarthy was repudiated and censured by the full Senate in 1954, and he died young (48) of his alcoholism in 1957.

When you make outrageous charges like McCarthy did, it’s probably a good idea to be able to back it up in some concrete fashion. McCarthy had nothing beyond malicious gossip, no documents, and was acting out of paranoia and/or his own desire for greater fame. He was such a complete phony it only took a couple of tv news shows about his activities to bring him down. He had a meteoric rise, and an equally rapid fall. He ruined the careers of innocent people, and should not be held in any sort of high regard.

Consider the reasons why “McCarthyism” is now a generic term for making outrageous accusations without proper regard for evidence. There’s also that Commandment about bearing false witness. I have sympathy for addicts, but the man didn’t deserve his rank in public office. Good riddance.

• Blade says:

Stay Invisible Mikey. Seriously.

Oh my, he was censured by the Senate! Our very own House of Lords populated by cowardly racist (D)ummycrat blowhards like Lyndon Johnson doing what they always do, even today. Let’s see, attack a white guy, check, an American Patriot, a veteran, call an Irishman a drunk ( but not the other 95 Senators ). The only thing you left out was outing his gay legal assistant Roy Cohn. (D)ummycrats never change.

Let’s see. From 1948 to 1953 you had Stalin and the USSR blockading Berlin attempting a German Holodomor causing a massive airlift and an eventual Wall, the most populous country China taken over by Mao’s communists, Soviets spying and stealing everything not nailed down from Jet plane design to nukes, the Soviet A-bomb in 1949, H-Bomb in 1953, Hiss and Chambers in 1948, Rosenbergs, Klaus Fuchs, and countless other spies and traitors exposed, communist movement all over eastern Europe and Southeast Asia, all this and you and your fellow (D)ummycrats obsess about the Irish drunk and the gay lawyer?

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say he should produce names and evidence because his secret list of 50 names is so hurtful and accuse him of destroying people ‘careers’ at the same time. McCarthy obviously had white hat secret information that was still absolute top secret in 1950 ( Venona was held for 45 more years! ) and criticizing McCarthy for keeping it secret is ridiculous because to expose the decrypts would be a Rosenberg/Fuchs level of high treason. So, the only thing you are really doing here is saying ‘put up or shut up’, i.e., expose top national security secrets or leave the spies in the State Department alone. The State Department had been compromised by this point for nearly 20 uninterrupted years since FDR and his klan of communist sympathizers descended on Washington. Maybe you should read Witness rather than Soviet sponsored anti-American propaganda.

Why don’t you come back in an open thread and substantiate your secret list of all those the people ( plural! ) whose careers were ruined by the Irish drunk and the gay lawyer ( the hypocrisy of your accusation not lost on some of us ). Besides, being denied a security clearance, or an ambassadorship is not a ruined career unless you happen to be a paid enemy NOC. If you happen to be a fellow traveler you’re still fine and can still go your merry way out to Hollywood to poison the minds of the evil West just fine. And they did.

He was elected, that’s NOT a rank. Anyone can do that, look at Shelia Jackson Lee. But your statement; making outrageous accusations without proper regard for evidence sure sounds exactly like a hundred people on the TV right this moment concerning Trump. Why don’t you call for them lose their “rank”? You only pop up to protect the communist infiltration of FDR/Truman era while there are lots of fish in the barrel to shoot right now. Your cover, such as it was, has been blown Mikey.

Anyway, McCarthyism actually is best defined as an obsessive-compulsive attack on whisteleblowers who attempt to expose painful truths, it’s propaganda under the guise of political correctness to de-legitimize patriots, even resorting to stereotyping ethnics, outing gays, whatever works. McCarthyism is the original Derangement Syndrome and has manifested later with Goldwater, Nixon, Reagan, Palin, Cheney, Bush, Trump and many others. It is the unholy alliance of anti-American fellow travelers in government, enemedia, academia and Hollywood. In short, it is the fifth column of domestic enemies.

8. recoverydotgod says:

I’m assuming in early 2017, President Elect Trump was not briefed on the October 19, 2016 Steele memorandum that talked about the state department involvement in receiving reports from Clinton allies. The Grassley/Graham unredacted FBI/DOJ letter from Feb 6, 2018 said it was not published by Buzzfeed along with the rest of the dossier in early 2017.

My question is, “How did the FBI director Comey know which memos from Christopher Steele were going to be published?”. Obviously he knew the October 19, 2016 memo was not going to be published.

9. wheatietoo says:

The Left continues to demonize and vilify conservatives.

Why?
    I think they do this in order to justify violence against conservatives.

• tazz2293 says:

You are just now figuring this out Charlie?

• wheatietoo says:

Nah, I think he’s just engaging in a bit of theater here.
        Charlie has been getting death threats for the last couple of years…for doing his appearances on campuses.

• bandfreak22 says:

I hate to say it, but maybe it is time for a civil war, It seems to be headed that way. If no one is indicted from the recent findings and revelations, people are going to be p*ssed. There has been too much lawlessness.

• wheatietoo says:

The Dems have been packing our courts with leftist judges for decades.

Indictments are only the first step…’getting convictions’ is what we want.

We cannot reasonably expect this to all be cleaned up in a year, or even two.
        But the process is well under way.

The Dems want chaos in the streets so that they can blame it on Pres Trump.
        Let’s not give that to them.

• jbowen82 says:

We have to deal with the Menendez Problem: Prominent Democrats are unconvictable in blue jurisdictions. It is impossible to empanel a jury that does not include at least one die-hard Democrat who would never vote to convict under any circumstances, no matter how damning the evidence.

• Niagara Frontier says:

It’s for that reason we should try to keep our sanity when federal prosecutors accept a lesser plea from some of these perps so as not to risk losing everything at trial.

• El Torito says:

No one decides to have a civil war. It’s just something that occurs once diplomacy fails.

Oh, wait a minute…

• 🍺Gunny says:

People sometimes, many times, discount the foundation of the American spirit. We can communicate on blogs, on TV, or in any ways possible that we feel comfortable. But…the true Americans….in the hills…working two jobs..taking care of their kids, care. Sure they do not spout off like we do, inflating our ego’s with our sage wisdom…..spending hours on the internet…

But the point is….if it comes down to a so called “Civil War”…the libs…SJW warriors…Congress…and even the globalists supposed “Street Warriors” do not have a chance.
          Americans do not have to go to the streets. It would not be a civil war…it would be a slaughter….Let me give you an example, that I believe to be a reality.

What if the President said he needed help to build the Wall and needed some people to protect the builders as they worked. What do you think would happen? Do you remember the Americans who showed up for the victims of the hurricanes? The Cajun Army, the religious leaders leaders..thousands..from all over the country to help other Americans..

All true Americans, the builders, the architects, the construction workers, the bikers, ex-military, militia would show up.

Civil War…Pffttt…they haven’t got a chance and they know it…that is why they are trying to beat us with the only thing they have…law breaking and talk…never ending talk.

10. phoenixRising says:

one of the anon intel sources:
    “Obama answers to Valerie Jarrett”
    “She answers to the rogue CIA”
    “Who runs the rogue CIA?”
    “George Herbert Walker Bush”
    “Bush answers to Geo. Soros”
    “Who runs point between Bush and Soros”
    “John McCain”

—————————————
    We should all do our own thinking of course.
    There’s nothing about the above that I had not worked out for myself… except the Cain bit.
    It makes sense to me though. GHWB has been running rogue CIA since at least Nixon.
    mho

Above is presented as ‘theory’ – something to think about.

• Madison Grant says:

The CIA is the history’s greatest organized crime organization since the Bolsheviks, and HW Bush is the biggest mafia don.

• joninmd22 says:

If the Bush’s are so all powerful how did George H.W. Bush lose to Bill Clinton?

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

My guess is that was when deep state decided to get into the election throwing business.

• phoenixRising says:

GHWB was never popular with Americans… ?
          It was a 3-way race, with Ross Perot taking a number of Independent votes?
          Clinton is a grifter, smooth talker?

GHWB is a ‘behind the curtain kinda of guy’ – and Barb is a huge liability… ?

YMMV

• El Torito says:

yes – Perot split the RNC votes. I believe Clinton won with less than 40% – it wasn’t a mandate anyway.

• Michael J. Machnica says:

I heard years later that the reason Ross Perot got into the race was because of drugs. He found out about the drugs coming into the Mena, Arkansas airport with Clinton’s blessing. He was good friends with fellow Texan GHWB and was going to back him. He told Bush Sr about Mena (covered in the book Compromised by Terry Reed). and when HW would do nothing about the operation (because he was complicit as well – CIA operation) Ross decided to run himself. The stress got to him during the campaign, there were rumors of threats against him and he started carrying a gun, etc.

• Madison Grant says:

If the Bush’s and Clinton’s are really political adversaries and not pals working together, how come Dubya left Clinton’s appointees in government in the name of ‘bipartisanship’ and never uttered a peep about Obama, but the whole Bush family runs Donald J. Trump in the dirt every chance they get. Every heard of the ‘Uniparty’?

• 🍺Gunny says:

Each one had a different purpose and therefore each received their payments.. Like changing CEO’s or more accurately: Each of them had their part of the plan, the Globalist developed for decades…If America was a Banana Republic only one person would have been in charge for decades, but they had to continue the ruse until complete.. because we are a Republic and have to change leaders at least every 8 years…so each one is developed in advance for the next step in their Global domination plan….once complete then chosen one gets the job..
            Two things screwed it up….Hillary lost and our President won…thank God.

• Bert Darrell says:

Were there computers counting votes, without paper trail then?

• I agree on Ross Perot being a splitter. “Read my lips…no new taxes”, followed by increases in already existing taxes, probably also had something to do with the loss. It wasn’t entirely Bush’s fault, since the increases came from the majority Democratic Congress, but it was cited by Pat Buchanan in the primaries, and by Clinton in the election campaign, as a “broken promise”.

• sejmon says:

easy answer – globalists need younger president to outsmart russian politicians (Yeltsin) and BC did it. it been easy with always drank Yeltsin…..They surely do not like VVP(UNIPARTY,GLOBALISTS,NEOCONS and others whores…….

• Michael J. Machnica says:

It was all part of the Globalist’s plan for the “New World Order” HW crowed about. Read COMPROMISED: Bush, Clinton & the CIA by Terry Reed. WJC was told he was on the “short list” for prez about 10 years before anyone outside of Arkansas heard of him. That is why DJT is a threat to the establishment swamp. Putin is fighting the Muslims and oligarchs, so the globalists vilify him (I know he is not an angel) to the world. The Globalists like Soros do not want DJT to team up with Mr. Putin to take them down.
          I earned the “blue dot” on the mailbox (shoot on sight – no chance in the “re-education” camps)

• Sylvia Avery says:

Seriously? I’m not sure if GHWB is capable of choosing porridge over oatmeal in the mornings at this point. Up to that point, I was with you. I think GHWB’s time has passed, though.

• todayistheday99 says:

I came across this on T_D recently, paraphrasing:

P1: “Does John McCain really have brain cancer?”
      P2:”No, an innocent brain tumor has a McCain.”

11. D. Manny says:

Glenn Simpson lie: Simpson indicates there was a period where FGPS was not speaking to journalists and that it was the Comey announcement of a new Clinton email investigation that was the impetus that started their talking with reporters again. The history before the announcement shows frequent contact with reporters before that announcement.

2016-10-17 Christopher Steele-Glenn Simpson second visit to NYT, WaPo, and Yahoo News to brief them on dossier

2016-10-28 James Comey reopens Clinton email investigation

12. where the hell is jeff sessions?

• Everywhereguy says:

Either 1. hidden under his desk quaking in fear, or else 2. waiting for the right moment to pounce. Your guess is as good as mine.

• Madison Grant says:

Ever seen the picture of a couple of frogs relaxing in a pot starting to boil? He’s the water.

• bkrg2 says:

its all part of the “firewall” between Trump and FBI/DOJ/SC
      otherwise the Republic is doomed.
      patience. all will be well

• joninmd22 says:

Jeff Sessions doesn’t need a fire wall between him and Donald Trump.

He needs to indict people.

• what firewall?

you know that Sessions’ DOJ PROTECTED Loretta Lynch by REDACTING Lynch’s use of an email alias to thwart the investigation into ROD HAM’S email, right?

that was Sessions’ DOJ, not Obama’s

i have no patience

• jrapdx says:

You said it, “i have no patience.” I empathize, patience is not my best virtue. Yet there are so many things we’re subject to that we can’t control. Mother Nature doesn’t care what we want or what we think, she just does what She does regardless of our opinion. I’ve learned that we must accept Mother Nature’s dictates. But accepting it doesn’t mean we have to like it.

Similarly, the workings of national government are beyond our direct control. We elected Trump because he appeared sincere about tackling the corruption of institutions. By all accounts Trump has been doing a credible job taking it on.

We knew from the beginning “draining the swamp” would take time, years for that matter. But the draining is happening, slowly to be sure. That’s an amazing fact, wholly unlike anything that’s happened before, worth celebrating.

We have to accept the facts. Swamp draining, including potential prosecutions is going to occur on its own time frame, not the speedy one that we might prefer.

We can’t change the realities of how Sessions operates. While we have to accept that he (and Trump) are doing the job their way, we don’t have to like how they’re doing it.

• thanks for the thoughtful response ;O
            I agree with almost all of it of it until this:

“While we have to accept that he (and Trump) are doing the job their way, we don’t have to like how they’re doing it.”

We did NOT vote for Sessions, an important distinction that some confuse and conflate.
            Personally, my loyalty is to Donald Trump, the commander in chief, only (with the exception of his immediate FAMILY). And I don’t “accept” the way Session’s is doing his job –

“Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from anything related to the 2016 campaign, then tell Trump, led to the enormous cloud over the White House that has distorted the first year of the new presidency.

Consider the alternative. Imagine that Robert Mueller were still in private law practice, and there were no open-ended investigation of everybody connected to the Trump campaign.

Then all of Washington would have to accept the election as settled and deal with Trump as president, not as a piñata on a short-term lease.

So while Trump erred in naming Sessions, Sessions is responsible for taking the job when he knew he would have to sit out the most important matter before his agency, one that increasingly smells like an extension of the Democrats’ bid to overturn the election.”

– Michael Goodwin NY Post November 14, 2017

I consider sessions a traitorous shadow government implant embedded in the WH, who has single handed-ly done more to damage to The President, the MAGA agenda, the Constitution, and the American citizen taxpayer than the resistance or the thug puppet media, combined.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Sessions knows the IG report will reveal a lot if dirty deeds. He is waiting for that. Without his actions——-we have seen 7+ people empty out of top FBI jobs and 2-3 from the DOJ. Some have reportedly “lawyered up”.

This whole nest has taken YEARS to build—P45 is doing this with a few dedicated Repub. Committee Chairs—-in record time—in the face of rampant, vile attacks from most MSM. I see that as a major achievement.(With one arm tied behind his back with the fake Mueller investigation)

It is so easy for some of us armchair quarterbacks at the tree house to scream and shout and stomp our feet, as it were, b/c we want JUSTICE. RIGHT NOW ! Let’s not be like the “kiddies” that populate Sarah’s press briefings.

• bkrg2 says:

by firewall – i meant that Trump can’t be found to be manipulating/obstructing/instructing FBI, DOJ or Special Council. Of course, the idiot Dem will claim that after they are perp walked, but it won’t hold up because of firewall.

• Ono says:

Nothing like a 6 month old tweet to get a troll out from under the bridge

13. dawg says:

“I played no role in any government active measures in the 2016 election other than being a target of the Obama administration’s efforts to support Mrs. Clinton’s campaign,” Page wrote to the House Intelligence Committee in May 2017.

Translation: I worked for the FBI in the past and then they paid me to infiltrate the Trump campaign in 2016.

14. evilpens says:

I Should Know: Dems’ Intel Abuse Is Reminiscent of My Work for Ceausescu

• joninmd22 says:

Excellent article

• tazz2293 says:

There are so many of us here who saw this all starting in 2008. Many more who came to to realize this as the reign of BO and ValJar continued with no one opposing them. As the BO regime and the Dims went even farther left more became aware of just how dangerous these people are/were.

Today there are still too many blind to the truth. Many working as elected leaders in our Kongress. Those that are “Shocked” that “Treason”, “Sedition” and a coup has been going on under their very noses. Then of course their are the one’s so hopelessly lost that there is no hope to bring them back.

We dodged one bullet but the war rages on and the enemy is not defeated. Only when those who violated every oath of their office, those who committed Treason and/or Sedition are brought to justice this war is not won.

As I said yesterday – I am ready to go straight to the penalty phase. I have seen enough evidence to find the leaders of the coup, the leaders who violated their oaths of office and all who have tried to fundamentally transform America who worked to trash our Constitution GUILTY. I need to see no more evidence. Guilty as charged now on to sentencing and may God have mercy on their souls because I won’t!

• joninmd22 says:

^^^ This is absolutely true. ^^^

• churchmouse says:

ValJar, current housemate, said in 2009 that O was ‘ready to rule on Day One’. Not ‘ready to serve the American people’ but ‘ready to rule’. Most un-American:

• tazz2293 says:

I have not forgotten.

We still aren’t out of the woods yet. Everyday is another challenge to face and overcome. With a strong leader like President Trump and with a few good men I pray he is able to withstand the withering barrage and continue on for America.

Once the Dims have used all their weapons and when President Trump and We the Deploreables are still standing hell fire will rain down on them.

They will know we are The Deplorables when we lay our furious anger and justice upon them.

15. budmc says:

16. Sylvia Avery says:

Congress has eliminated the Obamacare DEATH PANELS!

“Despite what we keep reading in the “news” media about the failure of the GOP to repeal Obamacare, congressional Republicans and President Trump are steadily dismembering the justly reviled healthcare law, limb by pernicious limb. The latest appendage to be lopped off was among its most dangerous — the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB)…”

• thesavvyinvester says:

Sylvia, Sarah Palin and Dr David Janda, which I think she have might have met at a rallye in Michigan in 2012. You may recall this video about Obamacare. Dr Janda paid a high price for this aka “Audits” hmmmmm, can you say weaponizing depts against it’s citizen by 44’s administration?…..
      Hmmm the original video had over 2 million hits, I wonder where it went…

17. Sylvia Avery says:

“The Clintons’ survival is rooted these days on their ability to convince anyone and everyone thinking of linking them to a multitude of crimes from illegal email servers to pay-for-play Clinton Foundation money laundering schemes, that should they go down, so too will Barack Obama.

He is the red line of which those in power at the highest levels of government, the courts, and the Establishment Media, will not cross…”

18. phoenixRising says:

19. jbrickley says:

Years from now in a shady Moroccan watering hole, Christopher Steele will receive an anonymous hologram Snapchat message saying well played sir, here is your bonus Bitcoin wallet information.

Little did anyone know, but Trump played a counter-counter-intelligence game 50 moves ahead of the best and brightest. The enemy took the bait and managed to poison the entire swamp, contaminating each other in their zeal to bring down Trump. Those who didn’t whack each other have been locked up with a decade or more time left to serve. In those heady days of year one, we thought Trump played a good game of 3D chess but we simply had no idea, zero concept of how good a player Trump truly was. He bamboozled all his opposition, set them up, and laid waste to his enemies sparing none. They grossly underestimated The Donald and even when it was clear they were losing they just wouldn’t let go of that lovely Dossier.

20. Sylvia Avery says:

When you live in a Sanctuary County, life is an adventure! That’s if it isn’t cut short…

“SEATTLE – A Tukwila man accused of stabbing his cousin then dismembering the man last month should have been in the custody of federal immigration agents, according to Kent police.

Rosalio Ramos-Ramos, 37, was being sought by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) late last year and was almost turned over, when an apparent lack of communication between police and Harborview Medical Center resulted in his discharge from the Seattle trauma hospital, police said…..”

• Sylvia Avery says:

This case is a mess. The perp was drugged up, cops couldn’t handle him, he injured five of them when they tried to fingerprint him. They took him to the hospital where he was so volatile the hospital put him in a medically induced coma.

While he was at the hospital, ICE learned they had him but only by looking at the PD’s booking log, NOT because they PD notified ICE because, well, that would be wrong don’tcha know.

ICE couldn’t nab him from the hospital because hospitals are “sensitive places” where they aren’t allowed to grab illegals, kind of like schools, churches, and a million other places.

The hospital wouldn’t notify police when the man was going to be released so the police were calling every day to check. The hospital sneakily released him at midnight (right, THAT happens all the time!) and he was off in the wind.

““If the cops that tell you specifically, ‘do not let this guy out until you contact us first.’ And you let him out anyway? ” said Rich Richardson, who saw the suitcase stuffed with the dead body for a day and half. “Who’s fault is it? It’s not the cops fault.”

Oh, and the guy had multiple names and addresses and a fake green card. Let’s see…probably a dreamer and definitely here doing jobs American’s won’t.

• Why in the world is wanted by the police and “illegal” wanted by the police, different?

At this rate we’re going to start to see “citizen” criminals lobbying for equal treatment under the law.
        How can any decent society extend less rights to the victims of crimes?

There can be no “Safe Place” for someone committing a crime to escape the law.
        That puts the rights of criminals above victims.

• Zennalou says:

That is so messed up. I worked at Western Sate Hospital in the late 60’s while husband was stationed at Ft. Lewis. No doubt things have changed since then. My memories of that time are mostly sweet memories, like the patient we discharged who showed back up a week or two later with a dozen red roses and a bottle of wine for his girlfriend and wanted back in.

I don’t recall a single patient that was in the country illegally at that time.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Things have changed an awful lot. You wouldn’t recognize it. First all the retired Californians discovered they could move here and buy McMansions because of the difference in property values, but they brought their California values with them.

And then my beloved President Reagan signed amnesty for illegals in 1986 and the floodgates opened. It really became noticeable in the 90s, and now, well. It is like living in a third world country in many ways. It is kind of heartbreaking.

• piper567 says:

Zennalou,,I was in the Rx there for 25 yrs!
          I loved the patients…and you are right, no illegals.
          stay in touch with several…will ask how it is now.
          I’ve been gone for 5 yrs, so it may be different. Hadn’t thought to ask.

• Zennalou says:

I worked the King County Unit, but was only there for about 8 months, and husband got transferred to Germany. We lived at Steilacoom, and I loved it there. It was my favorite duty station and my favorite job.
            I would prefer to chat with any patient there over Nancy Pelosi—what say you?

• Michelle says:

“An apparent lack of communication.” Give me a break. It was deliberate.

• PgtSndThinker says:

I feel so powerless to stop this dangerous sanctuary policy.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Things have gotten worse since the state Senate lost that last Republican seat and now ALL the power in the state is in the hands of the Dims.

Inslee had an absolute FIT when he found out that DOL employees were cooperating with ICE and has forbidden they do so now upon pain of torture and death, or at least discipline.

Setting aside the human costs in this particular case for a moment, think of just the dollars involved. This guy with all his fake IDs was undoubtedly getting some form, or many forms, of public assistance. Then he injures five cops one of them badly enough he had to get medical treatment and be on light duty for a period of time. All that medical treatment for the cops would be Workman’s Comp. And then there is the dude’s treatment at Harborview including being in a medically induced coma….it boggles my mind to think what that cost us. And then there’s all the man hours LEOs spent on this case, and that of his subsequent homicide….his incarceration…his trial….

And the dollar costs are nothing compared to the human costs.

It just makes me ill.

21. albrevin says:

Sen Rand Paul just on Hannity….. openly questions the legitimacy of the Mueller probe and seems to imply that the only way for Mueller to save his legitimacy is to turn his attention to the previous administration and HRC.

22. lawrencepaul1 says:

23. fleporeblog says:

Here is the reality folks! I no longer say the Democrats are DEAD 💀 but you can bet your bottom dollar they are on life support. This is playing itself out all around our country!

24. nigella says:

Been gone all day.. What’s the scoop on Kelley? ABC says he’s willing to resign?

25. patrickhenrycensored says:
  26. JohnPaulJohnes says:

Just speculative on my part.
    All this Schiff in the news seems like misdirection. On the surface his spotlight looks unsuccessful but is it really. It shows how nervous his handlers are. They don’t care about his effectiveness of the argument(only he does). His handlers only care about his effectiveness to keep the light from shining on themselves.

27. Stormyeyes says:

No. 3 Official at the Justice Department Is Stepping Down

• nigella says:

Yes and according to the “media” it’s because that big bad Trump is picking on the DOJ

• georgiafl says:

Another one bites the dust.

• lastinillinois says:

She looks like John kerry with really nice hair.

• georgiafl says:

Rachael Brand is married to Jonathan Cohn, a former assistant deputy attorney general at the DOJ (https://abovethelaw.com/2007/07/why-did-the-prom-queen-leave-the-party/)

Cohn is now practicing law: https://heavy.com/news/2017/06/rachel-brand-husband-jonathan-cohn-doj-kids-trump-bio-age/

They have two young sons. She may be leaving to take care of them. Or to have another baby. She left once before to stay home when the first child born.

• Nchadwick says:

Rachel Lee Brand (born May 1, 1973) is an American lawyer, academic, and government official. She was sworn in as the United States Associate Attorney General on May 22, 2017, after being nominated to the position by President Donald TRUMP and confirmed by the United States Senate. She served as Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy in the George W. BUSH administration and was appointed by President Barack OBAMA to serve on the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board. Prior to becoming Associate Attorney General, Brand was an associate professor at Antonin Scalia Law School.

<<>>>>>
      In 2012, Brand was appointed by President Barack Obama to serve on the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board (PCLOB).[15] She was confirmed on August 2, 2012 to a term ending January 29, 2017.[16]

Brand dissented from several recommendations included in the PCLOB’s 2014 report on NSA’s bulk metadata collection program under section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. She declined to join in the Board’s view that the program was illegal as a statutory matter and argued that, in policy terms, it struck a justifiable balance between privacy and national security and, as such, should not be discontinued.[17] The Board, for its part, had recommended the program’s termination.[18]

POLICY POSITIONS
      In 2015, Brand expressed support for revised guidelines issued by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, arguing that they represented a welcome shift in the intelligence community away from what she termed its historical “reflexive secrecy.”[25] She has also suggested that the National Security Agency ought to develop a set of guidelines beyond the Fair Information Practice Principles—which she alleges are insufficient in the intelligence-gathering context—to govern its own approach to privacy.[26]

In a 2008 publication of the Heritage Foundation, Brand argued against, and proposed various solutions to, what she termed the “over-federalization” of criminal law in the United States.

Little bonus trivia
      After leaving the Justice Department, Brand worked for three years at WilmerHale.[2] In 2008, John McCain, then a candidate for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination, named Brand to his Justice Advisory Committee, which would have recommended judicial nominees to McCain were he elected.[14]

AND
      Brand’s portfolio also included shaping the administration’s position on reauthorization of the Patriot Act,[10] in which capacity she testified before the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary on the benefits of using administrative subpoenas in terrorism investigations.[11]

28. georgiafl says:

• nigella says:

And the media will run with it as if it’s the Gospel truth

• lastinillinois says:

Pres should redact ALL of it -100%.

• SeekerOfTruth says:

Dem memo will probably focus on Carter Page as a Russian spy to justify US spying on with Title 1.

According to comments from viewers of the memo many things in the memo are very foggy and cannot easily be confirmed by the supporting documentation.

It will do nothing to invalidate the Nunes memo that focuses on the “Clinton” dossier which was further proved by the Senate Grassley memo.

Who cares about Carter Page if Clinton’s created and founded the document that was used to get FISA warrant and leverage spying on all Trump people.

Bottom line:
      Dem memo will be a whimsical story about some spy in a far off land named Carter Page. None of which can be proved.

• The memos and counter-memos are like the summations by lawyers in a court case. Jurors are always instructed that the arguments by lawyers are advocacy, and must not be regarded with the same weight as actual evidence.

29. budmc says:

30. NJF says:

#MoreWinning

• georgiafl says:

President Trump mentioned this in the SOTU Speech:

“Americans love their country, and they deserve a government that shows them the same love and loyalty in return. For the last year, we have sought to restore the bonds of trust between our citizens and their government.”

[…]

“All Americans deserve accountability and respect, and that’s what we are giving to our wonderful heroes, our veterans.

So, tonight, I call on Congress to empower every Cabinet Secretary with the authority to reward good workers and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people. “

Donald J. Trump, President of the United States – State of the Union Address – Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Transcript – https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-state-union-address/

• jrapdx says:

The plan would be a substantial step in the right direction. The federal bureaucracies are laden with inadequate employees, particularly in management positions. Getting rid of counterproductive mangers would make a big difference in the performance of agencies.

• Landslide says:

Said he will “seek to hire the best and fire the worst”. Yeah baby! That is my common-sense, world-class businessman, America First, law & order, pragmatic, once-in-a-lifetime President!!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

31. NJF says:

breaking in….FBN reporting Rachel Brand Assoc Depty DoJ is leaving.

32. Summer says:

33. trumpthepress says:

Once and I while I go on Sludgereport…Interesting they don’t have anything about the resignation of Brand….but have Kelly “willing to resign”…And to think I used to believe that was a decent source for news…

34. Dora says:

35. Can you imagine the blockbuster films being born out of all of this mess? How about the start of a new film industry, rising from the ashes of the old, that promotes critical thinking instead of political correctness…and ignites discussion instead of division…documents history instead of rewriting it?

My dream would be Clint Eastwood colluding with James Woods to produce and direct an instant all-time classic…written by Sundance! Maybe we could call it…The Big Ugly? 😎

“If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big.”–President Donald J. Trump

36. apologies if this has likely been posted – The President’s RATIONAL response to rand paul’s dopey swamp cartoon rant last night, and to hypnotized “conservative” ideologues who blindly fixate on the deficit, generally

• tazz2293 says:

The Big Picture!

Thank you President Trump for spelling it out for everyone.

• yes, tazz – ESPECIALLY important when both the “liberal” and never Trump “conservative” media, in their never ending assault on the President, are piling on to attack him on grounds of fiscal irresponsibility – absurd.

of course they are ignoring the unmitigated political resistance he’s faced to implementing actual policy, as well as the effects of a booming economy on any deficit…

watch how he addresses this in his 2019 budget on Monday ;O

37. lawrencepaul1 says:

Former Official Confirms Steele Dossier Was Shared With Obama State Department

38. ForGodandCountry says:

Sleuthing through the rats’ nests and muck I found this today…there is great news inside if you can stomach sifting through the filth.

DEMOCRAT’S ‘RESISTANCE’ TO TRUMP IS ERODING, AND SO ARE THEIR POLL NUMBERS

———————————-
    today, in the highest circles of Democratic party politics, resistance is waning.

Particularly in the Senate, Democrats have, bit by bit, begun acceding to Trumpian demands. Their attempted shutdown failed after less than three days

As it stands, Democrats in both houses appear to be on the brink of dropping demands to protect the “Dreamers,” undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children

For instance, a recent New York Times interview with former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick and Democratic strategist Joe Trippi (entitled “Enough Trump Bashing, Democrats”) emphasized the dangers of overreach, stridency, and partisanship. “We need to focus less on what’s wrong with Trump and the Republicans and more on what’s right with us,” said Patrick.

There are also signs of complacency.

for the Democratic Party, the current moment of elite acquiescence to Trump presents unique and profound dangers.

Democratic electoral fortunes depend on maintaining Trump’s unpopularity, much more than any rhetoric of their own. Uniform and unequivocal opposition has helped weigh Trump down in the public eye; abandoning this successful strategy for equivocation and compromise might lift him up. Facing a gerrymandered House and a bad Senate map, it doesn’t take much to put Democrats’ predicted wave at risk. Already, their huge polling lead is shrinking.
    ——————————–

39. Are the bases loaded yet?

• ForGodandCountry says:

Pretty sure this is where we stand right now…but, as ever, I reserve the wight to be wong.

40. Lucille says:

‘The Trump/Russia Collusion Narrative is Collapsing’
    JW President Tom Fitton
    Judicial Watch YouTube Channel

41. duchess01 says:

News | The White House – 02/09/2018

42. I believe U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu assumes Rachel Brand’s post.

Interesting resume:
    “She has represented clients in grand jury, congressional, and inspector general investigations and has substantial experience in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the False Claims Act. ”

• Sylvia Avery says:

Per this article, there is an Executive Order regarding succession dated March 2017 and the next person already confirmed by the Senate is a Trump Appointee.FTA:

“…Because Tracy Doherty-McCormick is only the acting United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, the official most likely to replace Brand is U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina Robert Higdon.

Robert J. Higdon, Jr. was nominated to be the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina by President Donald Trump on August 2, 2017. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 28, 2017. As U.S. Attorney, Mr. Higdon is the top-ranking federal law enforcement official in the Eastern District of North Carolina, which includes the 44 eastern most counties of North Carolina. He oversees a staff of 108 employees, including 51 attorneys and 57 non-attorney support personnel. The office also partners with some 20 Special Assistant United States Attorneys from branches of the United States military, local District Attorneys offices and federal and state regulatory agencies.

In 2012, Higdon was the lead prosecutor in the campaign finance fraud case involving former North Carolina Senator John Edwards….”

• Jessie K. Liu worked for the transition team of President-elect Donald Trump, and in 2017 became deputy general counsel at the United States Department of the Treasury. In June 2017, President Trump nominated Jessie K. Liu to become the next United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, which is the country’s largest U.S. Attorney’s office, with more than 300 prosecutors. Liu was confirmed by the Senate by voice vote in September 2017.

43. sunnydaze says:

Ms. Hillary is still coughing her head off. Can’t get thru a 2 min. speech w/o it starting up. Ironically, it’s at the “ChangeMakers Conference” and the hashtag is #RaiseYourVoice.

If she’d been Prez, she would not have been able to even deliver a 2 min. speech…..

• Sylvia Avery says:

You know, I have posted tons of stuff about HIllary. But right now, looking at this, all I can say is SHE CREEPS ME OUT.

Not deep, not profound, doesn’t advance any intelligent argument. But there it is. My honest reaction at this moment looking at that image.

• AmericaFirst says:

This picture looks like she has the Evelyn Farkas/Adam Schiff eyes.

Also not profound, just weird.

What creeps me out is how brazenly she still is doing public speaking full of the self-righteous virtue-signaling presumption that she’s in the right, despite the massive documentation now that shows she and her family and their foundation have in fact been guilty of all that we have been told they did.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’d go hide somewhere way far away, or in the nearest private cushy “psych” ward, or something. The last thing I’d do is be out there in public day after day after day after day flapping my yap and calling attention to myself.

Must be some kind of strategy here that I am too dumb to see.

44. A2 says:

As I am on Olympic watch, some straight talk about NK and its nuclear ambitions, that Kim III has reiterated in his speech at his parade and by the NK delegation to SK, ‘no talk’.

• tazz2293 says:

FTA

Kim Jong-un’s propagandists have been only too willing regularly to provide the West a nuclear justification tailor-made to its native presumptions (that is, wishful thinking) about the behavior of rational nation-states. Subscribing to these presumptions becomes irresistible if only for the fact that it absolves us from contemplating the possibility that Pyongyang may have other more diabolical designs for its nuclear arsenal beyond mere classical deterrence.

Blind adherence to this survival/deterrence narrative also instills a false comfort that the nuclear dynamics between the United States and North Korea can be effectively managed and the status quo in East Asia maintained.

• tazz2293 says:

Would not be complete without this.

Cont’d

The danger in such thinking is that it misperceives North Korea as an ideologically rudderless state whose leadership merely desires to maintain the mafia apparatus it has erected to plunder the resources of the country and leverage the illicit networks by which it keeps its elites sated and subservient. Yet anyone who delves beneath the crashing waves of North Korea’s incessant propaganda bluster about “invasion”, “self-defense” and resisting US “hostile policy” will detect a consistent thematic undercurrent tied to the eventual reunification of the peninsula and consolidation of the minjok (the Korean race) under Pyongyang’s protection and suzerainty.