Jim Jordan Discusses FBI Using Steele Dossier to Gain “Title I” FISA Approval…

Representative Jim Jordan appears on Fox News with Ed Henry to discuss the ramifications of the FBI using the “Clinton-Steele dossier” to secure “Title I” surveillance authority through the FISA court system.

Title I FISA approval is made with the implicit understanding the FBI is presenting factual and irrefutable evidence that the American citizen targeted, Carter Page, is operating as a foreign agent on behalf of a foreign government. Mere contacts with governmental officials is not enough to gain a Title I FISA warrant; “agent of a foreign power” who is “knowingly engaging in clandestine intelligence activities.” The evidence must show the American Citizen is an agent of a foreign government.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, FBI, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

291 Responses to Jim Jordan Discusses FBI Using Steele Dossier to Gain “Title I” FISA Approval…

1. South Col says:

As Trump loyalist Sessions says, “No department is perfect”.
    Looking like the shadow government is going to win this one as well.

• Not necessarily. Perhaps the glass is half-full rather than half-empty.

• Patriot1783 says:

Bless your heart.

• Sean Supsky says:

We know what side you’re rooting for.

• South Col says:

Let me know when there are criminal prosecutions.
        Until then they won.

• Sean Supsky says:

Let’s let the investigation(s) finish first.

• South Col says:

AG Sessions has just denied there are any massive “problems” at the FBI…..quote “No department is perfect”…….does that give you any tiny, minute, minuscule cause for concern, perhaps?

• 🍺Gunny says:

Your concern is appreciated…

• ForGodandCountry says:

Just stop it, will you?

To suggest that the entire DOJ and/or FBI is corrupt is untrue. Sessions and others, like Paul Ryan, are very correct in pointing out that while there certainly are bad “actors” within the DOJ and FBI, their malfeasance should not impugn the institutions themselves.

Why?

To do otherwise suggests we live in a lawless land and would encourage civil unrest and possibly violence…

…which, if you think about it, would suit a desperate MSM/democrap party seeking anything to distract the public from this very carefully planned and unfolding process of revealing The Big Ugly.

So, how about stopping trying to help the dimocraps and their MSM lapdogs, huh?

Thx.

• South Col says:

I don’t want to upset your delusions further but have a look at the top of the FBI and tell me what part of the top isn’t involved directly or by looking the other way to protect the Bureau.
                Close your eyes it will all go away.

• mimbler says:

And having worked in a federal regulatory agency, I would have wanted the agency head to be incensed and let it be known that such behavior would not be tolerated.

All these concerns for the morale of the good agents are misplaced. The good employees are wanting the riot act to be read and the rats rooted out.

The no agency is perfect statement is not a statement of reform.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I agree with your statement that the good employees are wanting the riot act to be read and the rats rooted out..

That tends to be true wherever you work when you see people getting away with murder, it irks you as you are busting your hump and you really hope that a clean sweep will occur and the bad apples will get thrown out.

• mimbler says:

Exactly! The good people want the bad guys to get their due 🙂

• alliwantissometruth says:

Yeah, the top, as in political appointees, along with their hand picked partisan agents

The one thing we have on our side is documented truth, but the game needs to be played out in order to collect the winnings. Arresting people at this stage would be foolish & counterproductive

The pieces need to fall into place

• Rock Knutne says:

Yea. I remember about 6 pm on election night, guys like you were toasting the criminal rapist enabler’s assured victory. Then all us conservatives got home from work and went out to vote.

Thanks for playing.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Waco, Ruby Ridge, the Bundy’s, Hoover. I,d say they are in the same league as the EPA, CIA etc. Born corrupt and stayed that way. Centralized government and their agencies are a plague. We were never supposed to have centralized government or a multitude of government agencies. We started out as a federation of autonomous states. Washington should be little more than a talking shop for representatives of those independent states.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

There you go again with your passive aggressive emotional blackmail. Nobody here is trying to help the democrats only offering an opinion different to yours,

• Sean Supsky says:

Absolutely not.

When conducting investigations, impartiality is of the utmost importance.

Why would I, as an investigating office, undermine my own department and call my officers incompetent ne’er-do-wells?

Perhaps you don’t have a background in investigative procedures.

• Sean,
                You are making a statement based on yes or no. Suggesting calling the whole department as ne’er do wells is not part of this,

Calling out those under your command who have openly violated rules and procedures shows you have respect for you position as the leader and will not tolerate those who openly oppose the office you work for. So you say just sit back, have a soy drink and chill.

You state,… Perhaps you don’t have a background in investigative procedures.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the term “argument from authority” .

• Sean Supsky says:

To put things in a simple manner;

When conducting an investigation, your aim is to draw the truth out without putting your quarry on the defensive. When you do this, you will continuously run into brick walls.

Befriend the ones you wish to question, allow them to feel comfortable and open up. It is rarely only one person within an organization that has to be questioned, rather it is many members.

The goal is to have a relaxed atmosphere. People are more prone to talking when they feel comfortable. In an ongoing investigation, if you attack your quarry before you’re ready to spring your trap, you just shot your entire plan of action.

Perhaps you are looking at this from a different perspective than I. My end goal is to get as many of these traitors punished as possible.

The most obvious fish is not always the best fish.

• And someTimes you have to put the mad dog down.

• webgirlpdx says:

Sending concern alert to Bluto.

• grandmaintexas says:

Near sighted.

• MacKenzie says:

Eeyore.

• Michael says:

Of course. Jeff Sessions is a swamper defending his fellow swamp dwellers. He has tried at every point to undermine the President. It makes me so damn angry to think about.

• Beverly says:

Rosenstein is proven to be involved in this rotten business: and Jeff Sessions, on the DAY the memo is released, comes out and praises him???

Sessions has got to GO, sorry folks. He’s lost his nerve.

• Rock Knutne says:

Relax Francis!

• There are people concerned that Jeff Sessions is a swamp creature. Consider this. If he really was, would he not want Trump to fire Rod Rosenstein, thus expediting the actual dream of Democrats to create the ‘obstruction’ charge?

Trump wants him gone. We all know this. But I would be terrified of a country where the people he should trust want to shove him down that rabbit hole of hell. Do I fully believe in Sessions? Not yet. However, I know the difference between waiting to see what somebody is made of and diplomacy, i.e, kissing R.R’s tush last night, vs putting the President in a year of turmoil in an election year.

End game is simple:

Get McCabe Testimony confirming the last line of memo
          Get FISA abuse proof
          Build a spaceship to send libs to Mars.

It’s not that complicated, folks.

• Sorry for a second post, I do not think I can edit my previous one.
            Consider the smiley face of R.R after his meeting with the White House before the memo was declassified. He knows he gets to stay in order to keep trump ‘in line’. Trump is angry, as per his comment on ‘what do you think?’ when asked if he wants to fire R.R.

R.R should be disbarred. He knows this. But he is getting away with it for now. It is what it is. Focus on the big picture.

• rich says:

Remember, the Dummycrats were scared crapless of Sessions from a long time ago. He was their worst nightmare back when he was considered for a SC appointment.

• G. Combs says:

“…Jeff Sessions is a swamper defending his fellow swamp dwellers. He has tried at every point to undermine the President….”
        🙄
        On average there are 1100 sealed indictments PER YEAR.

October 30 through November 22, 2017, there are 4,289 sealed indictments…

December 2017 Justice Department May Have Something Big in the Works: Over 9,000 Sealed Indictments

January 28, 2018 there were 13,605 sealed indictments. link

🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱
        DOJ Press Releases since Jan 24
        🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱 🕱
        Justice Department Demands Documents and Threatens to Subpoena 23 Jurisdictions As Part of 8 U.S.C. 1373 Compliance Review

Former Virginia Attorney Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison for Laundering and Attempting to Launder Over $2 Million

Former Detroit-Based Technology Company CEO Indicted for Multi-Year Bribery Scheme

Government Contractor Charged in $2.6 Million Fraud Scheme

Arkansas State Senator Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud, Money Laundering and Bank Fraud

Former Missouri Elected Official and His Chief of Staff Plead Guilty to Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud

Additional Members of Detroit-Based Gang “YNS” Charged with Racketeering, Kidnapping, and Trafficking Crack Cocaine

Former Virginia Detective Sentenced to 23 Years in Prison for Sexually Exploiting Minors

Former Contractor at Military Sealift Command Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy, Bribery, and Honest Services Fraud

• David A says:

Michael, Sessions has opened THREE INVESTIGATIONS INTO CLINTON. His work on gangs – illegal immigration is very active – his pursuit of pedo rings, likewise. Those are all in sink with Trump. Not yet ready to throw Sessions under the bus.
        His nick name as the ” silent assassin is hopefully telling.
        If you want loud public outrage, the dimocrats provide lots of that?
        My mind is not made up on Sessions.

• Hutzpa says:

I’m not sure where that quote “No department is perfect.” came from but I’d really love to know. My analysis of this remark would need knowledge of what was said both before and after. Context here is EVERYTHING …

• Honest Abbey says:

Will this suffice?

Excerpt:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions responded on Friday to the release of a contentious memo by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee alleging intelligence abuses at the Justice Department, saying “no Department is perfect.”

• Ditch Mitch says:

Abby, thanks for the link. The Hill never warmed to PDJT or Sessions so it is understandable The Hill would open with an out of context made controversial quote.
          Here is another quote from the same story:

“Accordingly, I will forward to appropriate DOJ components all information I receive from Congress regarding this,” he said. “I am determined that we will fully and fairly ascertain the truth.”

“We work for the American people and are accountable to them and those they have elected. We will meet that responsibility.”

So why didn’t The Hill use:

Sessions said he is “determined that we will fully and fairly ascertain the truth.”

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Thanks for the link!

This was the exact point made by Hutzpa. The Hill. I have learned NOT to click on their site if I can find the news elsewhere. Under Obama, they actually hosted some very aggressive black hat malware (probably in ads) that only showed up on my radar because I make it hard. But beyond that, their product itself is toxic. This is a perfect example.

We can actually read the context. It’s in the article. EVEN THOUGH INCOMPLETE.

There were MANY wonderful quotes from Sessions that would look ominous for the black hats in DOJ. There were probably MORE that were dropped entirely, if I know them right.

Did The Shill use them? Of course not. THIS quote in the title both damages the enemy (us) and gives succor and calm to the deluded prog world.

It’s like THE SHILL pitches and the trolls swing away, with the dupes imitating them. CLASSIC disinformation.

Along with FAKE NEWS, there’s SPIN NEWS. The Hill’s specialty. They also set up their own trolls with this stuff, who defend their comments with professional vigor.

Sorry – I REALLY hate The Shill.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Sorry for the bold – a bad tag.

• Cow wow says:

I was glad to see it in bold Wolfmoon cause some badgers here need to be hit over the head with it, cause they’re just cherrypicking what they want to quote but leaving out he meat.

• Honest Abbey says:

FYI Cow Tow,
                I posted only the quote that was in question and I did that as a courtesy to the person who asked about it. I provided the link to source it so that others could find “the meat” on their own.
                Your nasty comment is noted.

• Cow wow says:

I’m sorry Abby. I know you posted for the benefit of all to read for themselves and my comment was not meant for you. I apologize if that’s the way it came across.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yeah – this shows how easy it is to manipulate us. That’s why I’ve grown a very thick hide on Sessions, and will trust him until I see MASSIVE reason not to.

I went through a bunch of hand-wringing over Sessions, but I WATCHED all sorts of good stuff happen under him, or “around him” with “no hands” from Sessions, and I realized he HAS to be delivering. But he’s just extremely cagey. This guy takes Sun Tzu to levels that I’m not sure TRUMP can duplicate. Totally in awe. Sessions is like the wounded rabbit in the road that Godzilla left there. And Godzilla is behind the trees watching.

• Cow wow says:

Exactly wolf.

• ForGodandCountry says:

Agree with this. He didn’t get the nickname “The Silent Executioner” for nothing.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Hey, wolf, I always enjoy reading your take on things. I am still riding the fence on Sessions. I was panic stricken when Mueller was appointed and concluded that Sessions was compromised or stupid. I finally decided neither of those things are true, but readily admit I don’t know what’s going on.

He keeps doing things regarding Mueller and Muh Russia that look bad to me, but I have really had to get my emotions in check and accept that I don’t know what is going on.

So, I just continue to watch and wait to see what happens. I have NO MORE energy to spend on Sessions bashing, Sessions defending, or deciphering what Sessions is or is not doing. I’m so over it. Sessions is PDJT’s concern and I’m going to trust that he will handle the situation appropriately.

Most of the Sessions stuff is emotion based and not intelligent analysis, so I tend to skip it. But I thought your post was pretty darned thought provoking. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

You’re welcome! If it helps, great! I needed that understanding to help myself. I didn’t want to keep worrying about Sessions. But when I had my revelation, I realized that there was at least one other Treeper (and a very sharp one) who is very likely giving Sessions cover by feigning outrage. So every once in a while, I play “Sessions-concerned” as a joke, because it’s fun! SLEEPY DAWG! WHAR’S THAT SLEEPEH DAWG!!! 😉 LOL!

• Clay More says:

No problem about the bold-faced type, I’m hard of hearing anyway😉

• bessie2003 says:

It’s a great point being made, and worthy of being in bold, the point needs to be stressed without folks being yelled at.

Well done, caught my attention and is a timely reminder that this whole process is going to take time to do it right, the swamp is going to swamp until it can’t anymore.

• Roozter says:

It’s kinda nice for those of us who don’t see so well. Especially since my smartphone died and I can’t hold my laptop under my nose 😉.

• South Col says:

Hint : Was Session’s outraged and shocked by the revelations in the Memo,( examined by the FBI before release, they found no factual error). Nah, not for a second. A bland blah, blah.

Just as well Session’s has got PDJT’s back, the Pres would be in trouble if he was a UniParty grandee.

• ForGodandCountry says:

What part about “every white hat has a role to play, and as the AG of the USA Sessions must not be seen or give any credibility to an accusation that he is a rank partisan in this mess” don’t you understand? Happy to help explain it to you.

• South Col says:

Oh please do.
                I’m all ears. Be sure to address Session’s refusal to order DoJ FBI to provide documents to Congress. Be sure to address why that FBI refusal did not result in sackings at the top. Also be sure to address Session’s absolute lack of action as CEO of the FBI when a number of his underlings have prima facie criminal cases against them staring Sessions in the face….and good ol Jeff refuses to even direct suspension of their security clearances.

Now imagine what Holder would do in the same circumstances.

Forelock tugging conservatives like you are why we got Bush, why do you bother?

• rich says:

Also, Sessions has to be very careful publicly. No one knows if DJT and Sessions have agreed to publicly spar but quietly are in lockstep. Nothing is as it seems.

• RAC says:

I read that just like he said it, it’s not perfect. There’s some bad people and one by one they’re being exposed, it’s a simple statement of fact.

• benifranlkin says:

SD has warned us to look out for the first guy that posts…iow ignore….troll agenda. Don’t take the bait.

• Dave says:

There are some things that you just have “faith” in. I personally believe that his “public” comments are to support the many, many honest hard working members of DOJ and the FBI while he “takes care of business”. His soft spoken, somewhat timid, history does not belie, his effectiveness. This is going to be one hell of a case before it is done and we need him to “do it right” and get everyone of them. I sure as hell hope that I am not wrong about this!

• RSExteriors says:

Some on here have to stop calling anyone who disagrees with them a TROLL. Some may not have been involved as long as others in politics. I can see why South Col and others are skeptical. I have been deeply involved in politics for about 30 years and have been REPEATEDLY disappointed when I though we (republicans or conservatives) were actually starting to fight back only to watch them purposefully lose the fight, or give very little effort or actually get to the point where they won and could really fix things just to lift their foot off the democrat or deep state neck, and say lets forget it in the name of bipartisanship.

I am very happy with Sundance’s posts and it does make me hopeful that this time will be different, especially with Trump, but there is also that nagging feeling that they will win the fight, maybe even clear Trump and get rid of some black hats but then everything will be forgiven and no one or at least not the real bad ones prosecuted.

I pray that it not true this time but please don’t try to beat up everyone on hear who has some doubt about it

• Beverly says:

I agree.

• repsort says:

Agree. TCH forums are increasingly full of snowflakes? that can’t take a differing opinion..
        I’m thankful for the education SD has given me and have bought into his theories for the most part. I’m a converted impatient doubter- been called a troll many times here.. Thanks to SD (and others) Now I’m just:

Praying I’m gonna see:

• Clay More says:

Battered Conservative Syndrome is all too real for some. You Blue Staters are mentally tough.

• olderwiser21 says:

Exactly, RS – Thanks! it can be intimidating on this site at times if your opinion differs from that of others. I think we all want the same result for this country and love and support our Potus even if we don’t see eye to eye on everything. We need to remember that.

• Clay More says:

Everyone, please understand that South Col is our resident cynic and we love him, but he does like to play devil’s advocate now and the

2. billrla says:

Again with the citing Fox News. Fox News is a TV show. It’s entertainment. It’s purpose is to generate advertising revenue.

Thanks. I feel better now.

3. Piper77 says:

To be honest.. none of this stuff really matters right now. The IG report is the one thing that the media and Democrats won’t be able to hide or downplay.

• South Col says:

Correct.

• Chickficshun says:

Okay pile on if you will but I’d caution the IG report being such a bombshell. There is do much misdirection going on.

• mimbler says:

I won’t pile on, because I don’t know how it will turn out.

But I’m optimistic from what I’ve seen so far. I do think it will be an extensive bombshell.

But…I won’t be shocked if it isn’t. We just don’t know at this point.

I really don’t understand those on this board that are intolerant of opinions that are different than their own. No reason to pile on people you disagree with.
        Time will sort it all out.

• lfhbrave says:

JW’s Farrell was very skeptical about the IG report, saying IGs in the departments are usually tasked with cover-up operations.

From what have bee reported the last several weeks, I won’t be surprised if the IG report only goes after Comey-Uhr-Strzok-Page et al. who are already exposed and nothing beyond. For that reason, it is understandable most players from both sides would settle for some kind of accountability but limit the scope of exposure.

• cboldt says:

Don’t worry about Horowitz. The entity that will be swinging the axe is yet to be named – an SC with power to indict and prosecute. Horowitz can either let it all hang out, or he can sandbag, won’t make a bit of difference, he has no power.

• John Rawls says:

that’s right.

IG report – even if narrow – will provide the justification for SC appointment. then who knows what the SC might find along the way.

i am going to say this is what sessions is waiting on.

• Thecleaner says:

Sources say its a bombshell and will take everybody down 😂😂😂😂

• Oldschool says:

Chick, i have zero expectations of horowitz. Not sure why some see him as the second coming. I hope his report helps Trump, but my eggs are all in the Trump basket.

• rf121 says:

1. He was appointed by Obama.
          2. He was prevented from doing his job for four years.
          3. In Jan 2017, Dems begged him to look into the FBI for how they ruined Hillary’s campaign.
          4. PT DOJ allowed the IG to actually do his job.

So, I have confidence in a guy who was told to pound sand for four years coming up with some goods on those that prevented him from working.

• Kintbury54 says:

He was the one who alerted people to the Strzok/Page texts. He cannot be all bad.

• All American Snowflake says:

They may to hide and downplay though.

• LafnH20 says:

Everything Matters! Imho
      There are no coincidences.
      Action / Reaction
      Each step is Important in The Big Ugly.
      A Stepping Stone… If you will.
      And All of the Steps Must be Taken!

• Dunno. A weird thought entered my mind today.
      Nunes said he himself didn’t look at the underlying documents for his memo, but had Gowdy look at them with 2 other investigators (Gowdy being an investigator himself).
      I’ve never liked Gowdy (all bluster but never any positive results) and have always suspected him to be a keeper of the swamp.

Now Gowdy has announced that he will not seek re-election. He’s getting out.
      What if Gowdy set-up Nunes? What if the underlying documents don’t really support the assertions in the Nunes Memo as they should?
      What if Gowdy did the dirty and is now getting out?

• LBB says:

If Gowdy did the dirty he won’t have much of a justice career he’ll be pursuing.

• lokiscout says:

Meah……The memo tracks too close to what SD has been telling us for the past year+ so I am pretty sure the meat is there. As for Gowdy, I think Nunes was using his best resources. Like Gowdy or not he is a Prosecutor with a pretty good reputation. I can’t find fault sending in an experienced Lawyer to review the supporting documents. Most of which were written by lawyers.
        BTW I am no Gowdy supporter since he punted the Benghazi investigation.

• Kintbury54 says:

Two things you need to remember about Gowdy. I don’t care if Elliott Ness was investigating Benghazi, they would not have been able to do anything as the whole government was weaponized against him and they would not let him have the security clearances he needed to do his job. There is nothing wrong with Gowdy.

• rf121 says:

Maybe Gowdy’s results were impacted because the Obama administration told him to pack sand every time he requested something. Hell, the executive is still doing it with PT in charge.

• dbobway says:

I’m hoping for a Jasen Chaffetz turn around for Gowdy.

If I’m right, Gowdy unleashed could be very entertaining.

• CaptainNonno says:

i got he only did not actually read the FISA App and its documents.

• rich says:

Yes! The IG report should make for interesting reading. Especially since he was appointed by THE ONE.

4. billrla says:

Jim Jordan and others need to step out of the Blue Church and speak directly to We the People.

5. thluckyone says:

No, I don’t know Jim Jordan but I now LOVE Jim Jordan and him, his family and his constituents are now in my prayers. THANK YOU, REP JORDAN! GBY, SIR! MAGA!

6. jmclever says:

Jordan suggests the second special counsel come from outside The Swamp. Smart move.

7. Publius2016 says:

The American People are smarter than Fake News Media thinks! Remember Trump is President.

• jmclever says:

Exactly! The peasants in flyover country are the real strength of this nation, and Donald Trump is our Captain!

• billrla says:

jmclever: Plenty of us peasants in the Occupied Coastal Territory of California.

• kroesus says:

I live in the Mojave Desert in one of the more conservative counties (Kern) with Rep McCarthy as my congress critter unfortunately…..he is a uniparty leader and far too soft on immigration for my taste but his big base is in Bakersfield so he has to pander to the rich farmers there….my pastor likes him believing he has a good Christian testimony but his support of illegality tends to belie his daily walk

• Kintbury54 says:

Actually, he was the one in the White House meeting who after DiFi suggested just doing DACA now and everything else later, stepped up and told the President that we could not do that. I think he is coming around and believing public opininon is on the President’s side.

8. FL_GUY says:

Thanks Sundance for continuing to bring out all the details of this corrupt and treasonous group of people who have blackmailed and extorted Congress to do their bidding.

As more details come out, more of We the People are going to demand Justice. We the People, the former “Silent” majority, now have a voice thanks to President Trump. These corrupt people are going down. All the past whitewashing and coverup is not going to work this time. The thing about the “Silent” majority is: !. WE ARE A MAJORITY and 2. We are tired of being crapped on by this small club of EVIL; and that includes criminals in black robes. Justice WILL BE DONE!

9. What do I know? says:

Actually “acting on behalf of a foreign government” doesn’t cover what’s involved. To get a FISA on a US citizen you have to show that the target is an “agent of a foreign power” who is “knowingly engaging…in clandestine intelligence activities.” In other words, not just an agent, but an actual spy, engaged in clandestine intelligence activities. So, contrary to what everyone seems to “know,” that’s a fairly high hurdle. And saying it’s only probable cause doesn’t really lower that hurdle–the facts that allow you to say “he’s probably knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities aren’t so easy to come by. Let’s have a show of hands: Who thinks Carter Page was knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities? Please. Here’s another one: Who thinks anyone in the FBI or DoJ who reviewed this honestly thought in good faith that Carter Page was knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities? How about the FISC judge?

10. Rene says:

Someone up above commented none of this matters right now. It’s the IG report. I agree except that it does matter right now. The purpose is to get it before the public to cause an awareness of the issues. If it were all sprung on the public by the IG, the public might be overwhelmed. This allows a steady stream of information to be released over time.

• wondering999 says:

I am trying to follow every day, and I find myself overwhelmed. I learn a lot here. Sundance, mods and knowledgeable commenters (and funny commenters! I need that too) are helping me to try and get this situation into my imagination. I’ve known for years that something wasn’t right — I remember after Bush I was elected, the Kuwait mystery. It didn’t feel right. The next thing that stank to high heaven was the Serbian bombing. A plumber and his son who came to help me with a plumbing emergency gave me a rant about that — he didn’t want his son going over to intervene in some Balkan Civil War.

A returned soldier from Iraq around 1993 told me that he didn’t see what the heck we had been doing there (I went to buy a wooden birdhouse from him and we got into conversation).

Our leaders have done an extremely poor job of communicating what they have been doing. Maybe because that is because it isn’t clear what they have been doing, except that they have been exploiting the kind complacency and hard earned taxes of the general U.S. citizenry and this has resulted in tremendous misery here and abroad. It’s not going to be easy, but let’s become more honest? It was Bill Clinton himself who once said that the U.S. citizens needed to be more grownup about politics. He was doubtless coming from a cynical place talking about his affair with his intern — but — yes, we have to take charge of this mess, as best we can, chips fall where they may

• RSExteriors says:

Most of our “leaders” have done a poor job communicating because they do NOT want the public to know what they are doing. Most of what we have been told the last 30+ years especially has been lies. Most politicians prefer the public not be involved. They just want you to show up, uninformed, at the polls and vote for them. Most of our government is a UNI-Party. They fight and talk tough in public but are good buddies behind the scenes. Take the Clinton’s, Bush’s, And Obama’s. You would think they would hate each other as nasty as Clinton’s and Obama’s slammed the Bush’s when running against them and in Obama’s case for the whole 8 years he was in office he blamed Bush for everything BUT they are great FRIENDS behind the scene. Barbara and George said that Bill is like their child. It is SICK

• Beverly says:

Yes; what we’re seeing is that the whole political “fighting” that goes on in Washington, most of it, anyway, is about as real as a Live Wrestling TV show.

• wondering999 says:

That’s what I was thinking early in Trump’s campaign, when I went back and watched Trump at the wrestling shows that he used to play around with. I didn’t think the media made big hay out of this the way they did with other things — maybe because the fake wrestling was just too close to the truth of things (and Trump was funny in those wrestling videos)

• litlbit2 says:

U betcha, even at this slow pace many snowflakes will be lost in the weeds. Such a shame when you can not think for yourself.

• cboldt says:

The IG report isn’t the end of it either. The weight of accusation will create enough political pressure that an SC will need to be appointed to investigate FBI/DOJ and other actors. The OIG has no power, just a mouth. An SC can indict.

11. DC Edition of Wack-A-Swamp-Mole is endless….mandatory military tribunals, where fake ‘national security’ cannot be a defense.

“McCabe Sits on Weiner’s Laptop”….obstruction of justice

12. Thomas says:

Sundance. I’m very curious about Nellie Ohr. She has quite the background. Fluent Russian speaker,, time in country when it was communist. Reportedly had unusual access to the USSR government before the curtain fell.

Maybe I’ve read too many Le Carre novels, but I’m thinking there is more to this story.

• 4beagles says:

Don’t forget the ham radio

• Thomas says:

Yeah, she’s definitely not straight.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Ham radio can be intercepted and recorded. What was she thinking. Oh yeah Nellie learned that from Killery’s “not so secret server”.

• Ditch,

Who is going to record it, ham radio is not monitored by the nsa. She is a trained operative. If they were talking about covert activities you think they are not going to use code words and more to communicate, on the off chance some other ham or the guy owning the repeater is taping. They would have heard a normal convo. Now find the guy who recorded it and listen for days to find the Times she used it, if she did.if she even was the voice talking, ever hear kid using his fathers etc radio to talk to others.

• Ditch Mitch says:

NSA collects everything and who was in charge of the NSA? It is doable.

• Incorrect Ditch. They do NOT have the equipment or resources to monitor ham radio. nelly and Steele would have both known this. Probably why they chose it.

Ham radio is Analogue, when they changed to a digital system they made the decision to not spend the money to add it to the new technology of digital communications.

if you know otherwise please let me know.

• from your article, this guy gets it. And I checked with a telecommunication specialist on this my third person to state so, and he agreed, when they went digital the ability to monitor ham was not used anymore, because of the cost. Not to say if they had reason they could muster up some local stuff if they needed to, It is not standard practice,

post from your link/:

I doubt that the US government has, or ever had, the capability to monitor and record ALL amateur radio transmissions. I assume by that he means all amateur transmissions on all frequencies, all modes, on a continuous 24/7 basis. The thing about amateur radio is that there is no single network that you can tap into to collect the information. For the most part you have to have a direct RF link to each individual amateur radio transmitter in the world. From that standpoint amateur radio might be more private than cell phones or Internet in this day and age. On contest weekends you can “hide among the trees”.

• LBB says:

Your discussion link is from 2013 but I thought I would share one comment.

“AXW, I think the problem is that the govt might use what it learns in monitoring to “screw” its domestic opponents, or chill their free speech. There are numerous examples of some doofus making a flippant threat against the POTUS (for example) on some obscure net forum only to find cops kicking in his door one night. He didn’t think he was being monitored, he was wrong. Obama is a Chicago pol, corrupt to the core, he’s gonna look for any advantage he can get. He can use govt monitoring to shut down his opponents. People are afraid that if they make pro-liberty comments online that pretty soon they’ll be dragged off to a FEMA camp. “Joe Schmoe believes in the Constitution and opposes Obama, that’s good enough for us, go get him.” And Joe finds himself executed by the cops simply for having a different view of things than the official one. If you can be killed or imprisoned simply for disagreeing with the govt, how is that different from say Pol Pot’s Kampuchea or the Soviet Union, where the slightest disagreement or slacking off got you shot?”

Emphasis on “He can use govt monitoring to shut down his opponents”

• I agree..she’s a spook? CIA?

• thluckyone says:

Thomas, what hasn’t yet been made public is this block-buster revelation that I’m making right here and now: (are you ready for this? snicker…) Yes, we all know that Nellie Ohr is fluent in speaking Russian – but what people don’t know is that she needed the ham radio because she had to make some of her contacts by speaking……

PIG LATIN!!!

NOW the truth can be known! OINK!!

13. Donna in Oregon says:

Carter Page’s lawsuit is pro se. He doesn’t have an attorney.

As salacious as this is, why didn’t an attorney come forward and work pro bono for the book and all the goodies that go along with this case?

His case does have some merit, so is Carter Page persona non grata? I’ve heard it said Carter Page is an idiot. But I don’t think that’s the reason the legal profession is shunning him.

The Swamp must have picked him because they believed he was a patsy, a pawn, a stooge. They treated him like an American taxpayer! Poor guy!

14. TexasRanger says:

“Do Your Job or Resign.” Rosenstein Ad

Tea Party Patriots Action Rosenstein Ad – Motives Unclear.!

Tea Party Patriots Action Rosenstein Ad Video 00:30 Minutes Feb-03-2018;

• waltherppk says:

100% correct and if he fails to comply he should be “retired” by a “specialist”

• Thecleaner says:

Here is Rosey being questioned by Ron DeSantis….note that he never actually answered a single question…to his own oversight committee….and gets away with it

• zimbalistjunior says:

with respect to desantis, at 4 minutes or so he throws away a piece: mueller’s mandate is incredibly broad..when he discovered strzok-page texts, specifically insurance policy text, he had the duty to pursue that avenue through investigation and not to just simply demote strzok.
          not pursuing this is and then stonewalling congress is, arguably, obstruction.

• The thought crossed my mind listening to that commercial. If Jeff Sessions deeply cares about this country and the DOJ he would unrecuse and begin to address these very important abuses of the very system he espouses to respect, and love. He was to be a shining arbiter of the rule of law. Instead he has recused himself from defending the law he say he loves. He needs to resign or take control of the department he requested to administer.

• Chickficshun says:

Bingo. Really bad for the country. The more this is allowed to continue the more these unhinged leftest are going to be. Right now a choice has to be made.
          You can be on the rightside and own up to the corruption or choose to take down an duly and lawfully elected President. Our side better armed. We dont like violence but this is getting crazy.

15. waltherppk says:

The hubris of a treasonous ratf#!k POS like Comey is cured by a prison cell or the cemetery.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Um, IDK. My guess is James Comey has been wearing the same bathrobe and eating family size Almond Joy/Mound bars since President Trump fired him…..humming to himself “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t” while he tweets us.

Jimbo is such a gift to the Republic….droll sarc

16. georgiafl says:

Comey hasn’t yet seen the error of his ways and neither have any of the other perps.

17. ForGodandCountry says:

I’m gonna say it again (and I think this is why Sundance is posting Jordan interviews)…

Jim Jordan is a spectacular, articulate spokesperson. He is ON POINT with a laser focus.

• Landslide says:

Jordan in ‘24?? Need a bulldog. A stable genius bulldog to follow the 8 yrs. of our current one! Just thinking out loud….

• He is a wrestler, and a accomplished one. Wrestling is not a appreciated sport. As far as I know there is no other competition that is so grueling as the training and the actual competition. One on one, and the energy expended is massive if it goes the distance. At the end of each match. Up to 3 periods of 2 minutes each 30 seconds of rest between (varies). Some have to be helped off, others puking their guts out.

Mr. Jordan has that focus I believe from his training, mentally and physically from his years on the mat, years to reach his level, and training is year round for the best.

I wouldn’t mess with him either, there are moves and holds not allowed in competition, and there is a very valid reason why. He looks to still be in great shape, and Iwonder if he now does the Gracie style, o you don’t mess with jim.

• Lis says:

And he’s very easy on the eyes… 😉

18. georgiafl says:

• thluckyone says:

Georgiafl, that would be a full-time job for a web-site and whole TEAM of investigators. Wow! Wish I had that kind of money to sponsor a crew like that. Just document the lies. People have a hard enough time just keeping up with the accomplishments of our beloved, law-abiding, VSG MIGHTY LION of a President!

Can you IMAGINE the stress and time required for some team to try to document and publish the lies of the Demoncrudz? Oracle doesn’t HAVE a database capable of handling all of that! It would take everything Oracle & Microsoft & MySQL and everybody else could enable! It would be a whole new web-page (in small print) every five minutes!

Maybe we could start with just the lies from CNN….

19. hidden says:

Snake Cavuto with Bob. Alwasy brings up McCain and Democrats talking points.

20. Donna in Oregon says:

I just want to add some repercussions for the Justice Dept because of the Nunes memorandum.
    Is this just deserts, karma, or logical conclusion? Good job Mr. Jordan, Mr. Nunes, Mr. Grassley!

Judge responds to Justice Department over Nunes memo
    DOJ records sought through FOI requests

21. georgiafl says:

• anthohmy says:

Whaddaya mean, of course they could act with reliance on the Kremlin sources, identified as people inside of or connected to the Kremlin and Ritz Carlton employees who all must have been a part of the festivities to have personal knowledge, in the evidence department.

22. All American Snowflake says:

Love me some Jim Jordan.

23. Summer says:

Second SC? What for? I thought Jordan knew that Mueller and his D.C.-based team of Clintonistas were in fact white hats enlisted by the President and Rod Rosenstein (another white hat) in order to drain the proverbial swamp? Is Jordan unaware of the 9,000 sealed indictments and the Hammer of Jeff Sessions the Recused Silent Assassin? He is so impatient, our Jim, he does not understand that it takes years to build a good case. Sessions and Mueller will destroy them (whoever they are) after giving them (whoever they are) enough rope, just wait and see, Jim. Jim Jordan should relax. Someone needs to inform him that Trump got this. 64D chess, baby.

• spren says:

You should’ve used the /sarc tag on your comment. Mueller and Rosenstein are white hats?! That’s why Rosenstein went to Ryan begging him to block the memos release. And that’s why Mueller’s complete staff consists of Clinton supporters and why they’re itching to get Trump to foolishly sit down for an interview with them so they can get him in a process crime. That’s why Mueller’s investigation seems to have dropped the Russian collusion delusion and moved towards obstruction of justice. Why did Mueller quash the info uncovered of Russian fool doggery of fraud leading up to the Uranium One deal and kept their investigative findings under wraps under after the infamous deal had been completed. That’s not 64D chess. It’s Tiddly Winks.

24. Flight93Gal says:

While Jordan, Meadows, Gohmert, Brat, DeSantis ( Freedom Caucus patriots) and Gaetz continue to speak out and defend PDJT, the sad truth is that the majority of UNIPARTY stay silent and deflect with comments like “Let’s let Mueller’s investigation run its course–he is an honorable man”.
    This is sheer nonsense–especially in light of the sunlight that exposed the truth and in light of the “onslaught” that is occurring now. Mentally challenged folks like MSNBC Donny Deutch claim Mueller will absolutely indict PDJT and PDJT has to be forcibly removed from office since he is a Russian agent.” (paraphrasing) We MUST expand outside the CTH and EACH attempt to communicate the facts to at least 10 to 30 citizens that represent the “PDJT is guilty of collusion” point of view. This war will not be won if we stay inside our cocoons and keep the facts inside the CTH audience.

25. spren says:

And notice how the Dems and their media clapping seals now try to obfuscate by referencing the Page was under FBI scrutiny all the way back to 2013. From what I understand what they actually did back then was inform Page that Russians were trying to compromise him and dupe him into serving their interests. I see no indication Page was ever regarded as working as an agent for the Russian government. I’ve reached the point where I have to hit the mute button when a Democrat of any stripe is being interviewed because they never tell the truth about anything and are always trying to distort and conflate the facts of any issue.

• Flight93Gal says:

Agree with you spren…Moreover, the point I made above is that LIV (low information voters) are influenced by this tripe because 90% of the time DIMS are on TV lying and 10% of the time our side (including Freedom Caucus) tries to stay on message and defend PDJT and the truth. As such, the entire Mueller SC investigation can be compared to the culture wars where unless hearts and minds are changed, the facts mean little. That’s why we need to expand outside the CTH and carry the message to influence as many on the other side as possible. UNIPARTY will not do this for PDJT and the truth will never be enough–even if/after indictments occur!

26. fleporeblog says:

Rep. Matt Gaetz is totally killing it!

27. fleporeblog says:

28. Old Lady says:

Friends, pay attention to South Col long enough and you will figure out the purpose of his posts. I recommend you ignore him completely, unless you love the antagonist. My apologies if I have misrepresented you, SC, but I don’t think I have.

• RSExteriors says:

I disagree. maybe you (Old Lady) have been involved as long as others in politics or maybe your just an eternal optimist. I can see why South Col and others are skeptical. I have been deeply involved in politics for about 30 years and have been REPEATEDLY disappointed when I though we (republicans or conservatives) were actually starting to fight back only to watch them purposefully lose the fight, or give very little effort or actually get to the point where they won and could really fix things just to lift their foot off the democrat or deep state neck, and say lets forget it in the name of bipartisanship.

29. anthohmy says:

Mueller’s 2 year extension hearing, how come he looks so pained at the thought of being forced to stay for a couple of more years because Obama simply wouldn’t nominate anybody?

30. lfhbrave says:

McCabe was removed the day after Wray read the memo. Does any one entertain the possibility that McCabe was removed because he gave the committee the most damaging testimony, the “but for the dossier, no warrant would have been applied”?

31. NC Nana says:

Thank you Heavenly Father for sending Rep. Jim Jordan to consistently, tirelessly work on delivering the truth to the American people. In Jesus name. Amen.

32. cboldt says:

“The four page memo released Friday reports the disturbing fact about how the FBI and FISA appear to have been used to influence the 2016 election and its aftermath….The FBI failed to inform the FISA court that the Clinton campaign had funded the dossier….the FBI became….
    @realDonaldTrump 7:40 PM – 3 Feb 2018

33. deqwik2 says:

Attention Please !!!

34. albrevin says:

It’s truly amazing. Reflecting back over the 8 years of Obama and I can not think of 1 positive thing he did for this country. Left the Middle East in shambles. The healthcare system more dysfunctional than ever. Race riots and cop killings. ISIS. Terrorism. Guilt manipulation. Out of control illegal immigration. An affirmative action Supreme Court justice. And now this…. surveillance of his political opponents, sabotage of the peaceful transition of power. Just nothing positive happened as a result of this petulant vindictive crook.

• cboldt says:

he couldn;t have done all that without help. I think he was just a figurehead. Chosen because he had the right persona and sing-song cadence.

• thluckyone says:

Sure wasn’t chosen because he had a “magic wand”….. 😉

• mimbler says:

Chosen because he was a commie that had genuine minority status and could read a teleprompter.
        I truly believe his only charisma existed in the press he generated. His sing-song cadence was annoying, and his personality was grating.
        They just kept telling us how brilliant and likable he was.

• kroesus says:

his destruction of a traitorous Democrat Party was certainly a positive and his Keystone Cops administration is starting to bring light to the embedded traitors in our bureaucracy which is also a positive

• O come on ALbrevin he promised you HOPE and CHANGE, and he deliver.

I bet You hoped and prayed often for him to be gone

You just thought the change he was going to provide was going to be positive,instead of the negative he brought. He didn’t say he would do either, just i will bring HOPE andCHANGe, and the minions ate it up. double speak all pols know it, and some are real experts.
      sarc/ tag with reality built in

• lokiscout says:

Al. Sounds like “Fundamental Transformation” to me.

35. Mike diamond says:

And the news media hides ! They don’t want to talk about it because it exposes the Demo rats ! But the american people will hear the truth,inspite of the liberal media!

36. wolfmoon1776 says:

I am more convinced than ever that Carter Page was used like an information suicide bomber, sent into Trump’s campaign.

I. HAVE. NO. WORDS.

OK, I do. Send the bloody Kenyan communist to GITMO.

37. jeans2nd says:

Thank you.
    Spent the morning explaining this to my millenials. Was not until it was specifically pointed out that the Carter FISA order ran until 16 Oct 2017, meaning Pres Trump was one who was potentially (probably) collected during the Carter FISA order year, that the enormity and criminality of this activity finally sank in. Even Genius Wicked Son did not initally see it, and that is a first.
    The term “Reverse Nixon” was the astonished comment heard.

Perhaps the Carter FISA order timeline may be helpful as well.
    btw – my comments going to trash bin again. may become paranoid if this continues. but since this one will also go to the trash bin, no one will ever know lolol

• wondering999 says:

I am filled with admiration for you. Now if I can only educate my brood

• Pat Frederick says:

i believe it is the generation — my children, both educated, successful professionals, tend not to believe anything other than MSM. when we discuss recent events, they succumb to arguing using Democratic talking points. when i suggest they are missing the real story–that they delve deeper into motives and question what MSM spouts–they look at me as if i just told them I am an alien from another world. But, I keep trying…

38. Chickficshun says:

Paging Justice Roberts!!! Clean up in the FISA aisle!!!

39. anthohmy says:

HRC was under investigation by the FBI and simultaneously manipulating events to utilize the FBI to spy on her politics opponent at the same time.

• Hillary was never officially under investigation that I recall. I believe in her interview they went out of their way (FBI) to assure her of this, am I recalling incorrectly

• phoenixRising says:

Charles Ortel in video above goes through the warrant for laptop and it clearly states that HRC was involved in a criminal investigation…

• Phoenix which video is that. There was a crimininal investigation of her emails and server, though when the fbi came to interview her, they told here she was not a subject during the interview, so she could not be charged for any statement she made. Opposite of Flynn who was charged and didn’t have this immunity.

40. anthohmy says:

*political

41. magagal says:

Again, wrong questions. How does a Title I FISA warrant issued to spy on Carter Page, who left the Trump team a full month before it was issued allow the FBI to spy on the Trump Campaign, the Trump Transition Team and the Trump Presidency for an additional six months after he’s sworn in? No one was even talking to Page any longer, so how do they justify monitoring and unmasking all of these current Trump team associates?

42. anthohmy says:

When did they brief President Trump that Carter Page was a suspected spy, at the same time they briefed Congress?

Wouldn’t a suspected spy go into a PDB?

Rep. Stefanik calling…

Did Comey mean he told Coates on day 1 that they were wiretapping their boss?

If Dana Boente signed a renewal application and yet is nowheading over to the FBI, does that mean that the rats are in the walls with no crawl space?

Or was Boente cheese when he signed the second renewal after Yates departure and Rosenstein was the spring on the trap slamming down on all the tails backed into that very small space?

Is the DOJ allowed to lie to a Judge in a sting operation?

43. phoenixRising says:

Sundance has a twitter thread

44. phoenixRising says:

45. phoenixRising says:

46. Rynn69 says:

Does anyone believe the memo that was released was the full memo as written by Nunes? I do not. It does not comport with the statements by Congressmen who read it nor does it justify the overreaction of the MSM, FBI-DOJ, and Democrats. Something occurred at that FBI “meeting” with the WH Chief of Staff. Something smells fishy here. The statements made from those who read it and what was released is not matching up.

47. The real pertinent question here is: what did Mueller know? Nothing in this memo is new information. If Mueller knew it was all based on a fraud and went through this rigamarole anyway, he belongs in prison for a long damn time.

48. William F Buckley's Ghost says:

Appoint another special prosecutor and he’ll only turn and investigate Trump! Understand this…the media has made Trump the target. No matter what Hillary did with Russia and Uranium One, the emails, the server, the dossier it doesn’t matter. It’s only politically correct to attack Trump. Trump needs to fire Mueller. Fire Rosenstein. Fire Sessions and fire Wray until he can appoint his own people to lead DOJ and FBI. Transfer Perry to head DOJ and Scott Pruitt to head the FBI. They’ve already been approved by the Senate so no firther approvals are needed. They can appoint a loyalist to replace them as acting heads of EPA and Energy. Trump needs to take the gloves off and fight back!