January 11th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #357

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2,056 Responses to January 11th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #357

1. linda4298 says:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/11/state-department-dont-go-to-haiti-its-too-dangerous/ But left out of the ensuing media firestorm was the fact that experts on the subject have said (in less crude terms) that Haiti is a poverty-stricken country frequented by violence and that Americans should avoid traveling there. The State Department’s travel warning lists Haiti as a “Level 3” country and instructs Americans to “reconsider” going to Haiti because of “crime and civil unrest.”

2. Eric Kennedy says:

Wow… great tweet.

• 4beagles says:

Excellent point that I hadn’t considered.

• heidi says:

The most enduring meaning conveyed by Lady Liberty has nothing do with immigration, and I say let’s go back to that. The statue’s original name is “Liberty Enlightening the World,” and the tablet the lady holds in her left hand reads “July IV, MDCCLXXVI” to commemorate the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Lady Liberty celebrates U.S. Political values as a force for the betterment of humanity, as well as the bond of friendship among freedom-loving nations. That’s a powerful and worthy message.
      It is very useful information for the next time some No Borders know-it-all agitator tries to guilt-trip you into thinking that Lady Liberty is frowning on you (calling you a racist!) for daring to question our immigration numbers that anyone in their right mind knows are completely unsustainable today.

3. I love PDJT chuming the “press”

4. kathyca says:

Omg, the former FBI director quoting drecky poetry and virtue signalling like a true hipster libtard lmao….good grief, we were this,close! #MAGA

• Garavaglia says:

And rule of law…which he bends like a basket weaver

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Pay no attention to the man lying behind the curtains.

• G3 says:

Ah, poetry
      It’s not quite the U.S. Constitution.

• Deb says:

That poem was written when it was hard just to get to America. You had to earn your way. Then when you got here, you had to work hard to feed yourself and your family. You had to start at the bottom and work your way up. That kind of system attracts hard workers who want to improve themselves. Those are the type of people we want, race has nothing to do with it.

People who would come to leach off of our charitiable nature and criminals need to be kept out.

• treehouseron says:

Will somebody fact check this nutjob, and have him explain *WHY* Diversity is great and genius?

They say crap like that, and nobody ever calls them on it. Why in the world is everybody being different, ‘Genius’ or ‘great’ ?

It’s not. It’s also racist to suggest “You know what this place needs? A little more people with a different color skin! ”

Diversity is at best irrelevant and at worst harmful.

• kathyca says:

Could not agree with you more. And I say it every opportunity. There is absolutely nothing inherently good about “diversity.”

• CorwinAmber says:

yep, I have yet to see ONE STUDY that “proves” organizations or countries are stronger if they are diverse…it may be true, but I’ve never seen it proven on any level. Come to think of it, why shouldn’t colleges admit stupid people and slackers in order to be more diverse?

• Roger Duroid says:

I heard that for the last 7 years of my engineering career at a major corporation. In that field, diversity is BS, in my opinion. Math, physics, and chemistry are what counts and I’d take a group of robots if they knew fundamentals. Instead, HR leaned on me to hire this and that for diversity and inclusion. When I retired, I had a very dysfunctional, poorly performing, but diverse group. The East Indian and West Bank guy were good. The rest, not so, but that became the Hispanic’s problem that HR leaned on my boss to hire to replace me. I was the last WM in the group.

I offer this as a data point, YMMV.

• blognificentbee says:

A tool, a used up powerful pitiful tool.

• olderwiser21 says:

Comey needs to get a life. Me thinks he is spending a bit too much time at home trying to be C.S. Lewis or something. Enough – we don’t want to hear anything from you ever again, you corrupt, lying, treasonous scumbag.

5. patrickhenrycensored says:

CNN contributor Joan Walsh couldn’t decide whether she would rather live in Haiti or Norway when questioned by National Review editor Rich Lowry Thursday on “Erin Burnett Out Front.”

Walsh said that President Donald Trump’s comments about immigrants coming to the United States from “shithole” countries were offensive and “racist,” but didn’t have an answer when Lowry posed the million dollar question.

6. maggiemoowho says:

Anyone know of a single person who doesn’t think Haiti is a sh!thole, didn’t think so. POTUS doesn’t lie😃👍.

7. blognificentbee says:

“shithole” comment is the equivalent of “you’d be in jail” comment. Stable genius is on fire! #MAGA #TrustTrump

8. Mia C says:

Doesn’t all this remind you of the saying “The way to anger a Conservative, lie to him, the way to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.”
    –Conservatives are angry about DACA amnesty. Ann Coulter is fuming Trump may/will do that when pres said otherwise.
    –Liberals are trying to avoid the unpleasant truth that Haiti is a hellhole.
    –Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere (average person makes 2 dollars a day), Clinton Foundation stole billions that were supposed to go to them and AIDS has ravaged their population. I’d have to say “I would never use that language, but clearly Haiti is suffering from the ravages of poverty, damaged infrastructure, inadequate education, disease and crushing corruption.”
    –But I’ve actually seen Tweeter fools trying to show pictures of African paradises. So they’re going to go the route of denying reality AKA lying as always.

9. Pam says:

10. OmegaManBlue says:

If their countries were not shitholes they wouldn’t want to leave them.

• OmegaManBlue says:

Funny watching the left lose their mind over the shithole comment. That’s just what some countries are. We all know it. Their reaction is going to rally people around Trump.

• 4beagles says:

I know, and we don’t even get the good shit.
      We get the anal seepage they don’t want.
      PDJT is my imodium anti diarrheal

11. Troublemaker10 says:

• treehouseron says:

Who wore it best?

JFK – “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”

DJT – “Why do we have to take immigrants from these Shithole countries?”

12. Pam says:

• 4beagles says:

KEWL !!!!
      I’m a mopar nut that went Ford truck to stay with an American made ride.
      Last I knew John Deere had much assembled in Mexico. If they haven’t changed I hope they do so.

13. Pam says:

14. patrickhenrycensored says:

15. Pam says:

16. AndrewJackson says:

Trump speaks the truth. In all their emotional pearl clutching, not one of these liberals will actually answer the question. Are these countries shitholes or not? I am fairly certain the likes of Anderson Cooper wouldn’t be caught dead in any of these countries without an armed military escort.

• Deb says:

Anderson Cooper actually traveled extensively as a young journalist to war zones like Bosnia. I watched him in high school on the “Channel One” news program we were forced to watch. We actually used to joke that they must hate Anderson becuase they sent him to all the worst places.

I have way more respect for Anderson Cooper than I do for Cuomo or Acosta. But that’s still pretty much zero.

17. Pam says:

18. AZ18 says:

Is this “sh@thole” comment a example of “the leaks are real but he he news is fake” situation? I haven’t been able to locate video and written reports are from….unnamed sources. I’m thinking my President let lose another shiny object. Makes me proud!

• Deb says:

There’s no confirmation he actually said it. But either way it is forcing the left to prove the point. These places are shitholes, and it would be better for us to pressure the governments to improve their citizens lives than just take in millions of “refugees” who don’t know how to function in a society like ours.

• 4beagles says:

Posted above, but meant to post here…

I think it occured when or around when PDJT met with the Rino Senators who were presenting him with their version of an acceptable DACA deal. It was highly unacceptable…lol…. So it was a negotiating tactic comment about some portion of it.
      My guess is Flake leaked, but who knows, that group all hate PDJT.

• churchmouse says:

He said this in the Oval Office, which I bet no one in the media is mentioning. If you can’t speak your mind as President there, where can you?

Original source and excerpt:

‘A White House spokesman defended Trump’s position on immigration without directly addressing his remarks. White House officials did not dispute the account.

‘“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” spokesman Raj Shah said in a statement issued after The Washington Post first reported Trump’s remarks. “. . . Like other nations that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.”’

19. kathyca says:

Who among us does not think Haiti is a sh*thole? Right. Exactly. That’s what I thought.

#stillnottiredofwinning

20. Nchadwick says:

That man is on FIRE… (singing in my head)

21. Nchadwick says:

22. Roger Duroid says:

I’d bet he has called dicky durbin and jeffy flake to see if they admit the leak or try to feign ignorance. If one does, then he nails them for mistating his comment and gives WAPO one of the fakies.