President Trump Visits Marine Helicopter Squadron One…

Earlier today President Donald Trump visited the Marine Corps Air Facility in Quantico, Virginia, home of Marine Helicopter Squadron One.  There is no immediate full video available (some snippets below), however, there is a transcript of the event.

[Transcript] THE PRESIDENT: So they gave me this hat. It says: “Presidential Helicopter Squadron.” Would you wear it? Now, no other President would do this. But I will, because I’m proud of you. (Applause.) I’m proud of you. What the hell.

Oh, you are nice. I can’t see you in this. (Laughter.) You are — you mean, so you’re the ones taking care of my helicopter, right? (Applause.) I better be nice to you. (Laughter.) I better be nice to you.

I want to congratulate — I know the talent. I’ve had many helicopters. You know, I’m very spoiled; I’ve had helicopters. (Laughter.) And we ordered a couple of big, beautiful new ones. You know about that, right? They paid a lot more than I would have paid, and I would have had them even better, but we won’t talk about that. They paid a lot of money. (Laughter.)

But I want to thank Colonel Hoffman very much. The job you do is incredible. The job that this group of people do is incredible. Colonel, how many presidents have come out to see them? Who was that?

AUDIENCE MEMBER: (Inaudible) — eight years ago.

VIDEO SNIPPET:

THE PRESIDENT: Oh, eight years ago. Good. Good. President Obama, no? (Applause.) I don’t know.

Well, it is great to be here, surrounded by the Marines. You know, I have a four-star Marine. We just had to get it right. So I picked a four-star Marine. Could have picked a lot people. Everybody wants to be Chief of Staff, right? But I had to go to the Marines.

Where’s Kelly? Where is he? Where is he? Come on over here, Kelly. Come here. Four stars. (Applause.) Say hello. Say hello.

GENERAL KELLY: Best job I ever had — you’ve heard me say it before — being a sergeant in the Marines. Second best job, this one. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: You know, he always said — he always said that. He liked being out there fighting. But we’ll try and keep you out of the fighting. But if we have to fight, oh, boy, it’s not going to be pretty.

You know, we just approved — our enemy is in trouble — we just approved $700 billion, which is the largest ever approved. We got it done. And we’re giving you new equipment. We’re giving you new everything. Because we got depleted over the last eight years — over the last, beyond that.

We’re not depleted anymore. We’re going to have the best equipment in the world. In fact, I’ve been listening, and I have to tell you, it’s true with General Kelly, but I have a lot of Marines with us. Another one is a man named “Mad Dog” Mattis, right? (Applause.) They like him. I love that name. I don’t know if he likes it, actually. I’ve never figured out if he likes the name, but he really deserves the name.

You know, we’ve made tremendous success and had tremendous success now with getting rid of ISIS in Iraq and Syria. I let them do their job. You don’t have to call the White House when you’re getting ready to fight. You know, in the old times — the last administration — you called the White House and you get approval. Not anymore. Not anymore.

So they went out; they’ve done their job. I hear we’re doing really good in Afghanistan. You saw that. I let them do their job. And I let the colonels and the majors and the all of them — the captains — that’s what they do. They graduate, they’re smart, they’re tough, and they do their job. They don’t have to call me to get approval to go into battle with people in places that most people never heard of, but they’re very important.

But we’ve made tremendous progress in Afghanistan, which is tough, because history has proven Afghanistan is a tough place to win. But we’re winning. We just started winning.

And I just want to thank Secretary Mattis. And I really want to thank the United States Marines — really special people. So you’re fantastic people. And when we were around them, they said, sir, if you’d like we can stop, but we don’t have to. I said, are you crazy? Of course, I have to stop.

And, by the way, how good is that sucker with all of those moving parts? Is that good stuff? Huh? Is that good? (Applause.) You know, it’s General Kelly’s favorite. He loves it. And should I love that one?

AUDIENCE: Yeah!

THE PRESIDENT: It’s perfected now, right?

AUDIENCE: Yeah!

THE PRESIDENT: Huh? Any no’s out there? Are there any no’s? No? I have a lot of respect for it. It’s an amazing concept.

But for more than half a century, Marine Helicopter Squadron One has served as one of the most visible symbols of the presidency. Today, there are few sights more awe-inspiring than Marine One flying up the Potomac — true, incredible — past the Washington Monument and landing on the South Lawn of the White House. It’s an incredible privilege to take that flight.

I remember the first time I got on Marine One. Air Force One, Marine One — I said, which was better? I wouldn’t tell you. You know why? Because I don’t want the word to get back to some other people. (Laughter.) But I felt very, very good about our country. I’m very proud of our country when I got that first flight and every time I get on it. So I appreciate the job you do. Thank you.

It’s an honor to serve as your Commander-in-Chief. And we love you folks and we’re going to take care of you like you’ve never been taken care of before — and I think you know that. Every time I climb on the incredible machine, I think of United States Marines.

This year, the HMX-1 has executed more than 6,300 flight hours at 160 presidential lifts. Every step of the way, the Nighthawks have been flawless — every step. Thank you for your incredible care. Really, its a care for the office of the presidency, of myself and my family. Your professionalism is a fitting tribute to all who wear the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. You know what I mean by that, right? (Applause.)

This week, I signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act, which authorizes major investments in weapon systems, equipment, and most importantly, in you. I’m pleased to report this legislation also includes the largest pay raise you have received in more than eight years. (Applause.) I guess I’m a bad negotiator. (Laughter.)

I will fight to ensure Congress funds these priorities and funds your priorities — eliminates the defense sequester. We want to get rid of the sequester. The sequester, you all know what that is; that has been very hard on our military, and I think we’ll have it gone. And I know the General is working on it and we’re going to get it out. We don’t want it — especially in these times. These are dangerous times. The stronger we are, the less likely we will have to use that strength, right?

And it provides you and your incredible families what we just signed with the kind of support that you deserve. We’re working every day on your behalf. And together, we are going to make America stronger than ever before.

You know, I ran a campaign, and it was a very successful campaign — you might have heard about it — and we won very easily. We won by — we had 306 Electoral College votes to 223, or something like that. Remember they used to say, “There is no way for Trump to get to 270.” Remember? Over and over again. That’s called voter suppression. If you believe that, you might say, “I love Trump but I’m not going to waste my time — let’s go see a movie and we’ll come home and watch the results tonight.” Right? But everybody said, “No, I’m not going to a movie; we’re going to vote.” And they voted.

And we didnt get to 270; we got 306. That’s even better, right? So we had an amazing time. But I had an expression that I think goes down as the best of all time. It was very simple: Make America Great Again. Right? (Applause.) Make America Great Again. And that’s what we’re doing — we’re making America great again. And it’s people like yourselves that are doing it. I am so impressed.

So, again, I want to thank you all. Say hello to your families. Tell them the respect I have for them, because they have to put up with everything so this can all happen. They dont get the credit they should get. You know, they dont get the — the families never, ever get the credit. But they have done an incredible job in this kind of — when they produce people like you. So you go home and you give your families a big, beautiful kiss from the President of the United States, because we’re proud of them and we’re really, really proud of you.

Thank you for the great job you’ve done. Thank you, everybody. (Applause.) Honored to be here. Thank you. (Applause.)

END 11:33 A.M. EST

This entry was posted in media bias, Military, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

113 Responses to President Trump Visits Marine Helicopter Squadron One…

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Such an awesome awesome man….So glad that Trump ran & won the election.

2. bluegirl says:

“But if we have to fight, oh boy, it’s not going to be pretty!!!!
    Cue: The Big Ugly?

3. Janice says:

Dang i love our President!

4. Phil aka Felipe says:

That is what a true leader looks and sounds like!

5. Katie says:

Two of my favorite people. President Trump and the Marines. My husband enlisted when we were dating and ended up serving 20 years. Thank you President Trump for acknowledging the families behind the men and women. It all works together.

Semper Fi!

6. daughnworks247 says:

He makes me want to be a Marine.

• woodstuff says:

You might want to rethink that. I worked on Parris Island for a year (1968), and wouldn’t want to be a recruit there. Standing at attention while a sand-flea is having lunch on your body may not be fun. Three recruits died of heat prostitution while I was there. I was told that six died there in 1967 (hearsay). Maybe boot camp has better conditions now. I hope so.

• Mongoose says:

“heat prostitution” he he, that’s a good one, Woodstuff! I’m sure those days were a lot tougher on recruits compared to the PC effects on being “gentle” on today’s recruits. Couldn’t help but notice all the women and one in particular who surely did not meet some kind of minimum height requirement! Geez. Talk about gender normalization. There are roles for women but when the rubber hits the road and all Marines, no matter the MOS, are all riflemen, they had best be capable of carrying their own weight and that of a buddy if need be.

• woodstuff says:

About those deaths, overweight boys were made to run until they dropped. I think it was called “motivation” or something. Corpsmen often packed those who were overheated in ice to cool them down. I was never much involved with training units, but I knew that some (not many) of the drill instructors were imbalanced. Most all of the drill instructors were really level-headed and nice guys (they treated me real well anyway).

I really had little exposure to the Woman Marines (called BAMs in those days). They trained at PI, but at the time, women did not go into ground combat, except for being in auxillary roles away from the front in ‘Nam. (BTW, I didn’t go to ‘Nam.) I never thought that women should see ground combat (which makes me a male chauvinist pig, I guess). I also thought that height or weight should not make any difference, neither male nor female. Heck, Audie Murphy was a man of fairly small stature.

7. Lion2017 says:

A true leader like no other! God Bless you President Trump!!

8. Kristin says:

We got your back too Mr. President!!

9. conservalicious says:

It takes a good man to give up so much to serve our Country and it takes a fearless leader to go against the deep state to MAGA! Thank God for President Trump!

10. Donna in Oregon says:

President Trump is the best Christmas gift ever!

• Mongoose says:

His election was the best present last year. This year, the gift are too numerous to count under the tree of liberty! And the man keeps on winning! Not tired yet Mr. President, let’s keep on rolling.

11. Matthew LeBlanc says:

What a blessing this man is to our country

12. Sporty says:

You know what I like about President Trump. I’m not waking up postal anymore.

13. CorwinAmber says:

good stuff…most people don’t understand how all of this works, but the helicopters on call are normally on station across the river in Anacostia where they await a presidential summons. Minimal maintenance is done there…the heavy lifting is done down the river at the airfield in Quantico where depot/GS-level maintenance is performed. Quantico is practically in my back yard so I’ve seen a lot of wheels in motion over there over the years, so to speak. Still nothing quite like driving past the National Military Cemetery at Quantico on my way down south…similar to Arlington, but different in Marine kind of way. Plus there is a great museum there…well worth visiting. BTW, the Army will be opening their national museum in the near future at Fort Belvoir and the Marines have set the bar very high. OOORAH and HOOAH to all those who serve.

• Ryan says:

We have made our entire code and history on setting the bar high. And doing it with less. It’s what separates the basic marine from all other branches. We have air land and sea capabilities. Do not need congressional approval to be called on. Our infantry units are hands down the tip of the spear. “When shit hits the fan, who do get call?..mother green and her killing machine”. Semper fi Mr. President.
      -Former Marine 2004-2009; 0431

14. Y Mi Nombre Es..... says:

Quantico. Spent a lot of time there. Let those commies at FBI HQ cut my hair…walking around in pleated pants and docker shoes without any socks. Girly men. Otherwise, kinda miss that place to be honest.

15. Lucille says:

A man who wants to do good for the people of America, for our economy, for our military, for the entire nation…thank you, President Trump.

16. fleporeblog says:

I am at a point that as I read the transcript, I actually am hearing the President speaking to me. He is just such an incredible man, leader, husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend. He absolutely loves his job and he loves the men and women that serve our country. Every time I hear his speak to our about our military, I get this feeling that his love for them is the same love he has for his kids and grandkids.

He allows our military leaders do what they were trained to do. There is no micromanaging from the White House. The difference must be day and night compared to the previous moron that called himself President.

Our nation is in the best hands possible! Thank you God for our President!

17. alliwantissometruth says:

What the media hears…

President Trump politicizes visit with dig at President Obama
    President Trump makes visit about himself when he mentions Obama never visited, but he did

What the American people hear…

A man pointing out how spoiled, ungrateful & entitled an ex-President was
    A President pointing out he visited because of how grateful & appreciative he is of their service

18. georgiafl says:

WE LOVE YOU, MR. PRESIDENT!!!

19. Pam says:

What a beautiful speech. I would have loved to have heard it. It’s so refreshing to have a president that genuinely cares for our men and women in uniform. I have family members that have served and are currently serving and so I have a deep appreciation for all branches of the service.

God bless our troops and our amazing president!

• Mongoose says:

I like his “negotiating” tactic of announcing the pay increase publicly so Congress can’t take it back. There would be hell to pay, literally, if they said, we can’t afford it because of the budget or the deficit! Trump would have their assess, literally, if they tried such a stunt.

20. Pam says:

• H.R. says:

Look at all those smiling faces! Talk bout morale boosting…

• thluckyone says:

Such beautiful, bright, CAPABLE looking young people! Are they really ours? How INCREDIBLY privileged we are to have them in our armed services! Our beloved LION was right! They come from AMAZING AMERICAN families! Oh, God! How you bless us!

“Father in Heaven, please bless and care for each and EVERY one of them and their loved ones. Prompt us to be prayerful and dutiful in caring for them and for our ASTONISHING President.”

“Father, we adore you and your Son and your Holy Spirit. THANK YOU, Adonai YHWH for our precious Sundance and for this incredible family of Treepers. Lead us Father, to love and to serve like people who KNOW they have been blessed, who have been redeemed, by Your Grace, and who – having walked in crippling darkness – now have seen your enabling great Light!”

“THANK YOU, Heavenly FATHER! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU, TO!”

21. Pam says:

• wheatietoo says:

Out of all the things that our President did today, I’ll bet this was what he enjoyed the most.

Thanks for posting all these pics, Pam.
      I love seeing them.

22. tvollrath66 says:

I love our inspiring loyal President!

23. Pam says:

24. Stringy theory says:

Wonderful, just wonderful.

25. StanH says:

What a man. Divine Providence.

26. CiscoKid says:

I know every member of our military will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and equally important its citizens and Commander-in-Chief.
    But President Trump said it the BEST I’ve ever heard…he’s the last to see you Marines when he lifts off and the first to see when President Trump lands.
    And he’ll never give you a half ass salute holding a cup of coffee.

27. Margaret Berger says:

BIGLY

28. Mongoose says:

Would you look at all those young faces! Wow! Makes me wish all the politicians would take a good hard look at them and work real hard to use good sense before sending our troops off on some worthless mission that has nothing to do with national security. The US has been doing far too much and other countries need to pick up the slack when something needs doing in their own back yards. I like the President’s approach to letting the war fighters fight with the goals provided by the politicians. Stupid ROE’s in the past have seriously handicapped our troops and cost lives and limbs. When it is time to fight, let loose the dogs of war, win, and come home. Let others do the clean up and policing.

29. PatriotGalNC says:

There isn’t a day that goes by that we do not send prayers to our President, Donald J. Trump and this family and Administration.

We The People must continue and increase our efforts to ensure his success, and to purge out country-wide—(in all local, state, and federal levels) all the distilled corruption and evil that has infected our blessed country.

We cannot just talk it, or just post about it….We must Do it. We must educate others about this cancer of evil, and not shirk responsibility to confront. We cannot let our President go this alone!

We The People, will prevail.

30. Aqua says:

This is incredible. Thank you, President Trump, and Semper Fi to all our Marine families and service members.

When we have you, we cannot lose hope.

31. Amy1212 says:

Thanks for posting these great pics. We just attended the HMX reunion and met so many wonderful people who served in the squadron over the years. My better half flew 2 presidents and was the XO. These Marines look delighted to see The Boss. Me, too.

32. ZurichMike says:

Those young people — I get a lump in my throat seeing their bright-eyed dedication and pride. Our country needs them, but in many respects, especially when I think of those trampling the flag, taking a knee, and assaulting veterans, does not deserve them.

This line alone was the most gracious and uplifting. I cannot imagine that Obama would have said anything of the kind. But our President Trump did: “A Marine is often the last person I see when leaving the White House and the first upon my return. Nothing is more reassuring. And my pledge to you is that I will have your back just as you will always — and have always — had mine.”

33. woohoowee says:

What a President and CIC 🙂 Can we keep him forever?

34. anthohmy says:

I read a lot of the transcripts rather than listening – time is of the essence. Without the ‘drama’ of the performance angle, his word so rings true and is so simply believable.

His intent matches his words, he really means it.

He is a dear, dear person and I am very sorry all those years I knew him from a distance, I thought he was a putz. I confess to almighty God and to you my brothers and sisters I have sinned in thought and deed when I thought Trump was a Putz.

I’ve been reading The Art of The Deal these past weeks. More slowly than any book in recent memory.

I really like him. A lot.

I have never in my adult life felt safely in the hands of a President.

Until now.

Then I go back and read that Bible that got me in so much trouble before and whoa…

Ho Lee Cow.

35. Sandy says:

Right on! It was a dream come true for me!

36. Crawler says:

He truly is an amazing man; and we’re all extremely fortunate he’s at the helm of our republic right now.

After reading the above transcript, one thing I know is for sure: none of us will ever see this man, or anyone else in his administration, looking directly into the eyes of surviving family members of our fallen heroes and purposely use a forked-tongue to blame some obscure/unknown video (or any other such rubbish) for the cause of their deaths solely for political gain.

Also, I’m not all that worked up about congress authorizing spending 700-billion of our hard-earned bucks because I have always believed in “Peace Through Strength” .