Stunning MAGAnomics – Holiday Sales Nearly Tripling Previous Forecasts…

On the same day that DoLS reports unemployment claims are at their lowest level in 45 years; and on the same day when Reuters economist panel admits that wages are indeed going up quickly now; well, the November holiday sales results are being reviewed and the results are stunning.

(Reuters) U.S. retail sales increased more than expected in November as the holiday shopping season got off to a brisk start, pointing to sustained strength in the economy.

[…]  The Commerce Department said retail sales rose 0.8 percent last month, with households buying a range of goods even as they cut back on purchases of motor vehicles. Data for October was revised to show sales gaining 0.5 percent instead of the previously reported 0.2 percent increase.

Retail sales accelerated 5.8 percent on an annual basis. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast retail sales increasing only 0.3 percent in November. (link)

5.8% growth over last year is BIGLY yuge.  We’re talking about massive numbers. To move them almost 6% is bigly. Remember, retail sales account for approximately two-thirds of all U.S. economic activity within our GDP valuation.  We are the world’s largest market economy.

In a separate report, the Labor Department said initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 11,000 to a seasonally adjusted 225,000 for the week ended Dec. 9. That was the lowest reading since mid-October when claims dropped to 223,000, a level not seen since March 1973.

[…] Last month’s increase in core retail sales suggested a strong pace of consumer spending in the fourth quarter. Consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of U.S. economic activity, is being supported by steady wage gains as the labor market tightens.  (read full article)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Economy, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to Stunning MAGAnomics – Holiday Sales Nearly Tripling Previous Forecasts…

1. lilann2012 says:

All I want for Christmas is a “Two-Term Trump!” Thank you, my Dear President!

2. FL_GUY says:

Well, I guess President Trump has a magic wand after all, LOL 😉 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

3. wholland50 says:

I’m reading this as my wife shops in the mall and I sit in the chairs they provide for bored husbands. The mall traffic is awful. We could barely find parking. And the lines in the JCPennys are long.

I’m really pulling for the 4% growth by January 1

4. maggiemoowho says:

Winning😃👍👍👍 🇺🇸 #MAGA🇺🇸 Thank you President Trump!!!

5. Barry handed DJT the keys to a tired, dented-up, barely running heap and President Trump has stripped it down, stuck a new engine in it and has it laying rubber on Main Street.

6. rvsueandcrew says:

Re employment…

I don’t watch television. While in an Inland Supply store today, I overheard a report on USA Today. United Parcel Service was encouraging people to apply for jobs, pointing out that a seasonal gig with UPS could be turned into a career. Hearing this as people bustled around me shopping, I felt extremely, delightfully, happily deplorable. Our President is making a lot of changes, yes, and they are touching families all across the country.

• Wesley says:

I had a young millenial manager of an auto parts store VOLUNTEER to me a few weeks ago- “I had to hire 3 new additional delivery drivers to keep up with the booming new demand… and it’s because of Trump”. HIS words. REAL everyday working Americans KNOW what’s happening. And KNOW it’s Trump. If not they will soon. While Libs continue to wallow in their own bile… . WINNING.

• rvsueandcrew says:

Great anecdote, Wesley. Ya’ know? All the tinsel and colored lights and hoopla makes Christmas special, but what really puts me in the holiday spirit is seeing the local effects, like you describe, of businesses doing well and people seeing their future light up.

• …and your example is the kind of thing that turns around 12 years of liberal brainwashing (thank the GOOD LORD)…. living, breathing, working and hiring in The American Machine!

• George Hicks says:

I’m an estimator/engineer. My company has a presence all over the country, from MA to HI. There are 3 of us and our duties are preparing bids/quotes to airlines and airports for the baggage conveyor systems and jet bridges (that thing you walk through from the terminal to the aircraft). Our increase in business has been phenomenal! Not only is my department being worked to death, we are hiring mechanics and techs like crazy, we had to hire an additional HR person to keep up with the new hires. We have had to subcontract out some of the work because we are stretched so thin. Even better, the work is changing from repairing old equipment to keep it running, to installing new.

7. “…U.S. retail sales increased more than expected in November..”

lol, understatement of the day!

Go, Mr. President…we are praying for you and we are WITH you 100%!

8. Curry Worsham says:

But he has no legislative accomplishments! ……..oops.

9. Absolutely marvelous President Trump! Thank you for never giving up on us.

• And Mz Anna, He knows we will never give up on him. I pray for him and his family everyday to be kept safe and out of harms way. Well, as much as possible. I’m not affiliated with any “religion” so to speak, but the higher powers seem to listen. Just like President Trump, we all have the “light” inside us, if we really look….just as Jesus said. I’m done now.

10. Minnie says:

Stunning indeed!

I witness shopper craziness every day when I pass the local Mall on my way home from the office.

God bless President Trump 🙏
    God bless America 🇺🇸
    God bless us, everyone ❤️

11. Grandpa M says:

Al Reuters forgot to add “Unexpectedly…”

• Grandpa M says:

Upon further review, I’m issuing an apology to Al Reuters, they did say, “more than expected…”

• hooji says:

I expect them to not expect the economy to improve under Trump.

And I’m not surprised that they are surprised when it does.

And it is totally predictable that they will say these results could not be predicted.

And we’re supposed to be the dumb ones?

12. Ziiggii says:

To be honest, my household isn’t seeing the increases…. yet, I have to admit I’m really excited about what’s coming down the line!

• We aren’t either, Ziiggii. And from what I’m told, we will fall outside of those who will be helped by any tax plan that may get passed (good income plus sky-high income and property tax state). That said, I do believe what goes around comes around…..the more people who are helped, the more they will be able to help others in round-about ways and eventually we will ALL feel relief. Patience.

Just knowing POTUS is at the helm makes me happily bound out of bed in the morning, ready to take care of my family and try to do good as my Mr. C busts his tail to bring home the bacon.

13. Pam says:

Yes, the unexpected line always gets you. These are the same dolts who are reporting the bogus gutter approval numbers. At least we can all admit we aren’t surprised by this news.

More winning just in time for Christmas! 😀

14. Catinflorida says:

My ground report from central and northeastern Florida:

Traffic was almost at a standstill on I4 last Saturday. I thought it odd that theme park traffic would be so heavy in the afternoon but soon realized it was the big mall and outlet malls that were responsible. I went to Michaels yesterday for some last minute Christmas decorations and they were absolutely wiped out. They literally had rows of empty shelves!

• Jlwary says:

Your comment touches on something I have noticed here in East Boston/Winthrop, MA area—more Christmas lights. This is liberal land, but subconsciously I think even the looney libs feel the restrictions on celebrating lifted. Merry Christmas 🎁🎄 #MAGA

15. Founding Fathers Fan says:

In other news, RINO Rubio is doing his best to ruin shopping.

16. Binkser1 says:

It’s amazing what can happen with the economy when you have a president who actually loves this country and wants to see people’s lives improved.

17. justfactsplz says:

WINNING, BIGLY! Sorry, I just had to shout. I may even hoot and holler. It’s Merry Christmas everywhere, Thank you President Trump.

18. Patti Moriarty says:

I just got out of nordstrom rack, don’t be mad I still like there stuff. My husband counted the people in line to check out, 50 people in line waiting to pay for their purchases. It is a very Merry Maga Christmas .

19. delmarvajim says:

After looking around the living room filled with Christmas presents for the kids, grandkids and great grandkids, I’m fairly certain my wife has tried to add to these numbers

20. MisterPasta says:

Thank You, Obama!

jk

21. kate says:

The increase of sales is having a domino effect through out the country whether the sales are through the internet or at the malls, think about the new employees hired, not only in stores but also needed are more drivers, packers, and manufacturing to meet the demands.
    I can’t believe the amount of cardboard boxes for shipping are being used (wished I had stock in the paper companies) plus the packing material, I am sure more gasoline is sold, just about all commerce has been affected by the huge influx of sales, amazing isn’t it?
    Thank you President Trump, administration, and voters who believed in him
    MERRY CHRISTMAS and MAGA.

22. iwasthere says:

Well, ‘You didn’t build that” is not exactly a call to arms. In contrast, Made in the USA and MAGA? So glad the ‘national scold’ is gone – and we finally – and seriously since the end of WWII, have an advocate for American Made and American workers. It’s way past time. Sorry folks (COC) – we just gotta do it.

23. Dave says:

It’s interesting to watch the libs slowly starting to wake up to what the President has been accomplishing. Pride and ego will make their attitude adjustments go slowly, but nevertheless, it will happen. It’s also incredible watching the left spin what’s happening into how it’s not really something PDJT did, but what they did. Hopefully, people will see through this BS.

24. 804hokie says:

I’ve definitely been opening up my wallet a lot more, lately.

MAGA!

25. Rip Tide says:

Some Michigan evidence of growth. My business is up 50% from last year. People are more confident about where we are headed, and I am so thankful we do not have Cankles drivin the ship! I believe we have an anointed leader being used by God, to do what he has been made to do. His whole life has prepared him for this great challenge, he is keeping his promises, and outworking EVERYONE in his path!

God please bless our president and give him strength everyday to MAGA!!

26. woohoowee says:

And just wait until the naysayers see the sales figures for December! WINNING!

27. Kent says:

Obama the narcissist…we rejoice your exit…take your sorry assed admin with you.

28. Sandy says:

Spending ABSOLUTELY increased. I really see the difference from the the last 8 years!!
    Obummer depressed people, except his voters who had binders on for 8 years!

29. sunnydaze says:

And THIS is what the RINOs/Democrats are fighting so hard against.

What disgusting people they are.

• Patriot1783 says:

President Trump numbers show, without any doubt, that America is the greatest country in the world, no matter how hard obama and previous presidents tried to torpedo for their own purposes.

We’re baaaaack!

30. Noelle says:

Last two Christmas seasons we spent under $200 or all family gifts. This year we are nearing $2000, cash. Bonuses were good, our retirement stocks are up, employment looks stable, so we are splurging and feel comfortable with it. MAGA!

31. Patriot1783 says:

Seeing the jobs…is the business mandate on Obamacare going to get removed along with the individual mandate? Remember some businesses got around that rule by going with changing employees to part time rather full time which made it look like Obamas employment numbers were unchanged.

32. TreeClimber says:

About a week ago the Charleston paper (business section) had two headlines that really made me grin – “Wages expected to rise [in the subheadline “skyrocket”] in 2018″ and “Mercedes-Benz plant opening in Charleston.” My husband has a job now, at a cable installation company – but they’re rather crooked and definitely didn’t tell the truth when he was hired, so he’s still looking. He’s got an interview with Dell Computers at 10 this morning, and was in contact with IT at MUSC yesterday – may have a job there, too, the guy is working on it.

If I were still keeping any of my sales (today is my last day, so my numbers don’t matter any more and I’ve been giving my sales to my favorite coworkers,) I’d probably have made a thousand dollars yesterday. Thursday. Working a 10-4 (AM-PM) shift. Spending is definitely up.

And my sister, who pays no attention whatsoever to politics… or the economy, really… yesterday took the first step to starting her own Mary Kay business.

33. It’s obvious we’re witnessing a big year in retailing. We drove to Lakeside Mall in the Metairie and there was absolutely no available parking unless you were willing to ‘stalk’ folks walking back to their cars in hope that you can steal their spot before someone else beats you to it. I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. Any way, we gave up and left. My son did the same at the Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge….no parking, gave up, and returned home. Guess we’ll have to let UPS and FedEx do all the walking.

34. D. Bag says:

As a small business owner (whose base is 95% left-leaning), I’m up 40% over all previous years at this time. It’s no coincidence – Trump is the reason, and I thank the Lord for him daily!