A White House Christmas…

A personal video of the White House Christmas decorations, from a guest during the 2017 unveiling and ceremonial dedication event, provides more visuals of the details.

This entry was posted in Melania Trump, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

106 Responses to A White House Christmas…

1. wheatietoo says:

So much beauty and attention to detail.

Our President told us there would be Winning…but he didn’t tell us there would be so much Beauty.
    First Lady Melania has brought the Beauty.

• “so much beauty” is correct. Not only the taste and class in the decorations, but so much in the obvious grace and beauty of the family living in the White House. The natural invitation to Americans to visit is an enhancement to this grace. This is, of course, in direct contrast to the previous resident and their tag-a-long residents crowding into every opportunity to photo-op every event to look like a Benneton billboard.

• farmhand1927 says:

Melania is beautiful, kind, charming, warm and best of all–genuine. During the campaign she kept a low profile and the President didn’t mention her a lot, but when he did, he always said she has a beautiful heart. Little did we know how beautiful…

Thank you, Mrs. Trump, for bringing Christmas back to the White House.

• Cee says:

Thank you Sundance for adding this to our special Christmas season.

2. Guybee says:

There is beauty in winning. MAGA

• Remington..... says:

Actually, Christmas decorations were a slam dunk – once you cleared off those flee ridden prayer rugs…’Probably sold them to the Pope…low mileage, one owner.

3. MaineCoon says:

Such a touching video of the White House, the “People’s House”, which is again full of Christain love of its gracious residents. Thank you God for our President and his family who honor You every time they give a speech.

4. stenwin77 says:

TONIGHT at 6:00 pm, on HGTV – behind the scenes look at how the whitehouse is decorated for Christmas. I believe Melania is on co-hosting the special.

5. 4whomthebellstroll says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!

6. In Az says:

Watching the video made me determined to save money so that I can take my children to the White House and go on a public tour during the President Trump Administration.

7. mysticrose80 says:

Such beauty and elegance. So traditional. Thank you, President Trump, for restoring Christmas back in the White House!

8. Stunning! Also, what a nice “behind the scenes” treat to see people actually enjoying a party at our White House.

• farmhand1927 says:

The fold, wine and desserts (!) looked wonderful! We watched some old youtube video’s of Donald Trump on TV shows and interviews. Even back in the 1980’s he was asked if politics may be in his future. We found this one and enjoyed it very much.

Mrs. Trump visiting the children’s hospital and reading Polar Express is heartwarming, as well. How nice Mrs. Trump and Mrs. Pence visited hurricane victims in Texas. Mrs. Trump stated that while a lot of progress has been done, much remains to do. She told one family that she wouldn’t forget about them. Imagine how that must have made them feel.

9. phoenixRising says:

Sundance thank you so much for posting this video, photos… and thanks to whomever filmed the vid and shared. Words are inadequate to describe the beauty FLOTUS Melania has brought forth… simply breathtaking… can’t imagine how wondrous to view in person. Her faith shines forth in the beauty of it all… I have bookmarked the video so that I can revisit time and again and give thanks for such a beautiful acknowledgement of the birth of our Lord and Savior in the People’s House.

10. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I want to go down there and visit this Christmas season. I think it would be so delightful. I’m going to talk to some of my friends.

11. they call me sweetheart says:

Thank you for posting this, Sundance 🙂

Thank you, President and First Lady Melania for bring Christ and His Birth Day BACK TO OUR HOUSE.

I wish you and your entire family a Very Merry and Joyful Christmas!

To all Treepers: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12. Katie says:

I posted about the HGTV show on other thread and was surprised how many people didn’t know it was airing today. Then it occurred to me, it’s hardly been advertised by HGTV, and it’s airing the premier at 4:00 pm MT. The premiere isn’t in prime time in this time zone!!

During the last 8 years, it was played almost daily during the Christmas season, and now few people are even aware of it. Unless someone has a better suggestion, it leads me to conclude that HGTV is playing politics with this and that’s beyond pathetic.

13. Katie says:

Oh, and we received the official White House Christmas card in the mail yesterday. Simply gorgeous and my husband is practically giddy.

Take THAT, #HGTV!

14. 100% YOOPER says:

I’d like to know how much was Barron’s influence? Gorgeous decorations 🤗

15. dutzie60 says:

Melania’s countenance seems like a docent at a very sacred, historical place. She speaks and acts with such deference to the White House. It’s like she realizes so acutely that it is her responsibility to nurture, cherish and take care of “The People’s House” for the short while it is in her care. It’s not like they are actually living there, just a temporary resident caretaker. I love it.

No shoes on furniture!!

• auntiefran413 says:

On OUR furniture. I hated seeing Obama’s big feet on that magnificent, historical desk. I don’t thinkk it was for his comfort, but rather to offend real Americans.

• olderwiser21 says:

Barry was a clueless buffoon with no real appreciation for America nor her history – that’s why he put his feet on that desk – it meant nothing to him at all. It was infuriating to see.

16. georgiafl says:

I love the Book Tree in the Library – green, tan and cream books with red ribbon markers!

17. thesavvyinvester says:

The only thing missing is the wings on her back, what and Angel.

18. Reader-Between-the-Lines says:

The beauty and grace of the First Family is truly special. It is overwhelming and refreshing to have a family in the WH who is making style, class, and respect great again! I hope we have them representing us until 2024. Also, the book tree was my favorite!

19. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

until this year i didn’t know it was possible to be on the team to help decorate the White house
    I would love to do this while PDJT is there.

20. Patriot1783 says:

White House Christmas 2017 on HGTV on now, 6-7pm, narrator talks fast!

21. moe2004 says:

This is so beautiful! MAGA and Merry Christmas to all my friends.

22. NJF says:

Watching the hgtv special and just realized it would have been Bill if Hillary had won!

23. nikkichico7 says:

Just wonderful, lovely, beautiful. Just 🙂❤️❤️

24. nikkichico7 says:

Both my sons were in band middle school and high school and my two nephews were same plus drum corps and MSU marching band so hearing the Marine Corps Band playing was TIP-TOP!!

How sweet it is, beautiful White House Christmas, beautiful 🎶 ❤️

🌹🎄

• auntiefran413 says:

Was that Mizzou? My grandson played with M1, too.

• nikkichico7 says:

My nephews were in the Madison Scouts. My sister (their mum) got my sons and myself tickets so see them perform in Michigan, it was AWSOME, the massed bands at the end was ….. wow ….. no words can describe it. What a special treat that was.

It started to thunder and lightening so everyone (especially the brass) moved quickly out of the stadium.

25. nikkichico7 says:

Also, four brothers were in the Marine Corps.

And I salute our men and women in the armed forces, and veterans God bless you all 🇺🇸🌹❤️🎄

(not vegans, caught you dadgum spell check! AHAH!)

26. nikkichico7 says:

Oh my, and one brother in the Army, love him, miss him. 🇺🇸🌸❤️

27. PowerCord says:

My bucket list:
    1. Visit the White House during Christmas.
    2. Drink champagne in the White House during Christmas.
    3. Drink champagne in the White House during Christmas with the President and First Lady.
    Well, my mom always taught me to aim high.

28. Cduran says:

AWESOME!!

29. Nonlocality says:

Thanks for this Christmas Card, Sundance and Treepers.
    I just enjoyed a fire in my FLORIDA backyard fire ring. Thinking of my ‘kids’ and cooking a homemade beef and mushroom soup. Not watching Fox or NFL.

God is good!

P.S. We know Melania won’t be stealing the silverware and framed artworks.

30. Lumina says:

Now compare the classic décor to last years edgy style….this year’s décor is actually very simple and highlights each room rather than the Christmas décor being the main focus….
    The red package bow column….hmm…I can’t even say “I appreciate the design…”

31. TeaForAll says:

HGTV White House Christmas Gorgeous and elegant, Just like our First Lady.
    Michelle had no taste, Her appearance and how she dressed spoke volumes

32. emet says:

President Trump and his family have set the standard for all who follow as president and first family, and has given hope to many who live in other nations, and are currently stuck with versions of Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton. But after all, Christmas is about hope and faith in our Savior, and the knowledge that he died so that we may be forgiven and have eternal life. So I extend my prayers to those foreigners who await a righteous leader to uplift them

33. marblenecltr says:

In the name of Jesus, Father, thank you for residents of this house, people who respect it and love the nation they serve. May all of our citizens do the same and support him as he carries out his duties according to your will.

34. George Hicks says:

Thoroughly enjoyed the HGTV “White House Christmas Special 2017” but searching my Fios App and searching the HGTV website, it looks like they won’t be airing this again…what a disappointment, had I known , I would have recorded it.
    I sent an Email to HGTV asking them to please air it again.

• Sylvia Avery says:

FTA:

“Though the hate-filled press would like you to think otherwise, this Christmas we have witnessed a return to a classic sense of style at the White House.

The much-discussed Trump Christmas decor has contributed to this proper and appropriate appreciation of style which—as opposed to fashion—is timeless.”

• Sylvia Avery says:

The writer provides a really good description comparing and contrasting the difference between Melania’s style of decorating and that of those other people who used to live there.

There’s also a bit about the placement of the creche in the East Room and how those other people left it out at least last year because they wanted to make CHRISTmas “more inclusive.”

35. Clearly my invitation was lost in the mail – haha. So absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. So proud of this First Lady and her commitment to her husband, family and the country.

36. Patriot1783 says:

OOOOh I would love 😍to have this special First Family 2017 ornament on our tree, but it’s not for sale, only being given away by the Trump Family.

37. positron1352 says:

Thank you for sharing, Sundance. Very beautiful. And Merry Christmas to all of you.

38. I want to plan a family trip here. Thoughts on time of year (have kids in school) and places to stay over night? We have family in Orange. Of course, we would love to stay at Trump DC if the budge allows!

39. Gorgeous!!!
    A far cry from the Clinton White House where they hung condoms and sexual items (I won’t mention here)on the trees. FBI agent Gary Aldritch wrote about this in his book Unlimited Access.

40. Minnie says:

After attempting to watch the video posted top thread, I shut it down after our First Lady’s speech (terrible audio).

Who filmed this? The camera pans were unsteady and dizzying.

Was this the video shown on HGTV?

Someone please provide clarity, if this is what was shown on HGTV it’s a far cry from the respect that should be bestowed upon the elegance and beauty of our White House.

Thank you.

41. yakmaster2 says:

Absolutely Fabulous!
    To the publications that hold themselves out to be the connoisseurs and guardians of “good taste” that have disdained Melania’s White House Christmas decor,
    I say: Pulling your heads out of your precious posteriors would improve your view and maybe your Christmas spirit if you believe the REASON for Christmas!

“For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
    —Isaiah 9:6

42. The Logistics Specialist in me is cringing at the thought of having to pack up and store all those decorations once the season is over…. :p

It is nice to have a real First Lady back in the White House, someone who understands and appreciates traditional decorations. After 8 years of those two graceless cretins in there, the staff have to be ecstatic.

43. Susan Sylvia says:

How nice to have a sneak peek into the White House all decked out for Christmas. I love the classi style of all the decorations. I wonder if Melania incorporated some ideas from her own homeland–if not I hope she does. It’s wonderful to have CHRISTMAS back!