UCLA basketball players LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were arrested in China for shoplifting while attending basketball tournament. UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said the players stole from three stores in China including sunglasses stolen by LiAngelo Ball from a Louis Vitton store.

During a state visit to China President Donald Trump requested leniency and consideration from President Xi Jinping. The players were released as President Trump returned from Asia.

Now, the ungrateful father of LiAngelo Ball, LeVar Ball, dismisses the efforts of President Trump:

“Who?” LaVar Ball told ESPN on Friday, when asked about Trump’s involvement in the matter. “What was he over there for? Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out.”

“As long as my boy’s back here, I’m fine,” LaVar Ball told ESPN. “I’m happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, ‘They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.’ I’m from L.A. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. (link)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, China, Communist, Donald Trump, Education, media bias, Mob and Rob, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

363 Responses to Ingrate – LaVar Ball Dismisses U.S. President’s Effort To Release Son From Chinese Jail…

1. citizen817 says:

This is the reality of being a foreigner in a communist country. Mr Ball is a disgrace.
    Due process does not exist in most countries, especially communist ones.

This happened on Obama’s watch, just like Tamareesi in Mexico and Otto Warmbier in NK.

2. Honest Abbey says:

I posted this story on the Presidential thread this morning and I kept thinking how unfortunate it was that I had to use my “Sunday Language” because I have a few choice words for this THUG!

3. bitterlyclinging says:

LaVar Ball demonstrating his blackness and that he’s a confirmed disciple of Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Buraq Hussein Obama by faithfully walking in their footsteps

• corimari2013 says:

Perfect adjective to describe father LaVar: INGRATE
      As to the stupid son LiAngelo: you can take the thug out of the ‘hood, but you can’t take the ‘hood out of the thug.
      Raised to disrespect authority, and to only serve self, LiAngelo Ball and his two thieving teammates are just three examples of what results.

4. massivedeplorable says:

There weren’t any white Americans to free- just the black ones. My President Trump represents all Americans and serves all Americans. His commitment to the people of this great country is on display for the entire world to see. We have a leader who is on America’s side. Dindus or not.

(I’d have had the cops waiting on them at the Airport- good thing i’m not President)

5. Chuck Roast says:

A future illiterate college grad, if he can play.

6. dawndoe says:

I wonder if they still face charges? Maybe they should be extradited back to China and Trump just let Chinese law run its course.

7. SPMI says:

It’s really a crying shame that these 3 guys
    decided to,for kicks, shop lift in 3 different stores.
    In the USA we have billions stolen every year from retailers with our permissive society and lenient
    respect for our laws.
    I really feel so badly for these guys and their choices. It’s not a joke. I hope they want to improve their behavior and never do this again.
    They can turn this around and help thousands of their siblings by admitting they were wrong and being good examples for the younger guys who want to be them.

• domain496 says:

They won’t , they don’t think they did anything wrong. They certainly don’t care about anyone else. Just themselves.

• JimmyJack says:

I listened to the presser and the first one that spoke sounded legitimately sorry and embarrassed by his behavior. He sounded choked up.

• RG says:

I say that each of them should speak for themselves and not let one ingrate Dad spoil life for the other two. If they are ungrateful, it will come out soon.

As for me, unless LaVar Ball is the father of all three, he only spoke for his son. Time will tell and I understand why the President said what he did but it is not a surprise to see a black person in denial. He has to live with his own ignorance.

• USMCLt says:

I would bet that his mama put him in his place before the presser. This commie father is doing his son no favors. I hope the kid realizes that his old man is a first rate POS.

8. Joyful Noise says:

You would think this father would love his son more than playing politics. He should, of course, be grateful for the safe return of his son. Maybe this young man is acting this way from a poor upbringing in values. I only hope his son will sincerely learn from his huge mistake in communist China. He could have been returned like a vegetable or suffered in prison. Stupid choices make for lifetime consequences.

• MVW says:

We can see where the son got his misdirected morals… his father. There is always a chance that the son will get a clue. However, I would not hold my breath waiting for a clue to make its way to the son’s brain.

• MVW says:

I think it is worthwhile to point out that the common practice of idiocy in a foreign country is widespread, crosses boarders, crosses oceans, crosses age groups and genders.

Often times the results are full on tragic.

9. Fred says:

They should send Ball back and let him face charges. See how he likes Chinese prison. This was a big deal, because it happened in the middle of a State Visit by Trump. The dumbass kid embarrassed the entire country as well as our beloved President Trump. He is fortunate that President was caring enough to help these over-privileged jerks from a horrible experience.

10. harrietht3 says:

Is it any wonder, coming from a family of ingrates — as the father so brilliantly epitomizes — that the son is a maggot in the morality department.

11. MfM says:

I’ve actually lost track of the number of people Trump has gotten free. There was Hijazi in Egypt, Otto Wambler and that odd family of Caitlin Coleman. Did I miss anyone?

All of these were jailed under Obama. He only got a few people released. I think he did it as an excuse to give stuff away… like pallets of cash or prisoners.

12. rumpole2 says:

An African American shoplifter (Dindo Nuffin Much) who has a father… pretty rare event.

• KPomeroy says:

They all have fathers. What’s rare is knowing who he is.

• Daniel says:

Whatever that specific circumstance, this man apparently doesn’t value his own son. Having his son returned to him should have been viewed as the greatest gift anyone could have given him.

This isn’t just ingratitude. From where I sit, there are no words to describe this level of ingratitude.

This guy might have even been correct in that what president Trump did was probably quite easy and trivial for him to pull off. He probably just asked him to let the boys go. He fails to appreciate what is required for him to make that feat look easy. Would Xi have released his son if the father asked? I highly doubt it.

President Trump didn’t do anything difficult for him to do. But to achieve that level of power and influence is monumental. And to use that power and influence on something as trivial as this ungrateful father was certainly beneath the president. But you know what? He did it anyway knowing that people would do precisely what they are doing now.

13. KPomeroy says:

No, President Trump, you did the right thing. Have faith in yourself!!

14. TwoLaine says:

If the young man whose “father” said this had any sense he would “divorce” himself of this man before he ruins his life any further. We know now where he learned his bad behavior, and we’ve seen this train wreck too many times already.

He has been giving a golden opportunity to stand against his father and say to the world and to all the kids listening to him out there, “YOU ARE WRONG! It was very bad thing I did and I am lucky that i am not spending the next 10 years of my life in prison. It is thanks only to President TRUMP and his administration that my life and my freedom was spared, and so quickly. When you go into a prison, especially in a foreign land, there is no guarantee you are coming out, regardless of your sentence. I was stupid, it was wrong and I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN, here or anywhere else, so help me God!”

There are parents out there who teach their children it is NO BIG DEAL to steal from others. I mean, some people have white privilege and all, and they need to be brought to heel, right. They don’t deserve to have all the good things, ya’ know. The family is a criminal enterprise. That’s why so many baby daddies are in jail.

This should be a teaching moment for President TRUMP to the nation. He should address this without addressing the father, only what the little cockroach said. And don’t take it out on the kids who already apologized and perhaps have learned from this lesson, especially, not to listen to a cold-hearted parent who sat comfortably at home and “hoped” something would “change” while his delinquent son was under arrest in another country. Someone should send him a bible and mark the Ten Commandments for him.

He should thank the kids ponce again and accept their apology, and speak to the issue of the winding road between theft and prison vs hard work and a good honest living. Between drugs and drinking vs sober life. Between knowing when to say no to your peers when they want you to do something you know you shouldn’t do or going along with the crowd.

Our President’s kids are a testament to an example of what happens when you have a parent teaching their kids the right way.

By my count they broke at least two of the Ten Commandments. So these are not just crimes against the stores, China and their team, they are crimes against God.

Exodus 20

Maybe we need a whole lot more of these tablets out there in the public square to remind us.

15. TreeClimber says:

Yep, should’ve left them. Course then he’d be endlessly hated for that… talk about can’t win for losing [with the media]…

16. LKA in LA says:

LaVar because his mom couldn’t spell Lamar.

17. Saul went from murdering Christians to became Paul, author of much of the N.T..
    Moses went from taking the law in his own hands to great leadership and authoring the Torah.
    Anyone can be transformed by an encounter with the Most High.
    Let us pray earnestly for the father, LeVar, and the son, LiAngelo to have just such an encounter.
    But for the grace of God …

• JimmyJack says:

The first kid that spoke, I think his name was Cody but I’m not sure, sounds like he could fall into this category. He sounded like he was going to cry. He may at least understand what they were spared by being kept out of a Chinese prison.

After reading Nien Cheng’s book Life and Death in Shanghai I hope I never end up in a Chinese prison.

18. Gueppebarre says:

The apple didn’t fall far from that tree, did it?

19. American Me says:

This fool is always saying ridiculous things in order to bring attention to himself. All he cares about is attention. It doesn’t matter to him what people say about him so long as people are saying something about him. His thirst for fame is comparable to that “family” that’s always doing what ever it takes to make the “news” day in and day out. The son that plays for the Lakers sucks. The UCLA thief son is garbage and
    will never go pro and the youngest Balltrashian is a clueless pawn and doesn’t even know it. President Trump should have waited a year or so to intervene. The whole stealing incident was an embarrassment to say the least while our President was over seas in Asia at the time. Than this dotard has the nerve to question who our President is (as if he doesn’t know) and than declare that stealing is no big deal. Last time I checked it’s the eighth commandment and morally wrong. Why dear Lord are people like him so well known and popular and yet Sundance isn’t a household name?

20. Texian says:

Sir Trump has learned a valuable lesson..

21. McGuffin says:

Showing his true colors. Trump and LaVar.

22. JoD says:

Mr. Ball’s dismissal of the severity of his son’s actions, offers the perfect explanation as to why Mr. ball, the younger, is a thief.

23. Cathie says:

These kids were only suspended from the UCLA basketball TEAM–not the University. They should have been expelled from the University! Yet one more reason why I am glad my Trojans beat UCLA yesterday.

24. joshua says:

This is another perfect example of President Trump’s uncanny ability to make a silk purse out of a room full of manure….he did the right thing for a citizen of the USA, and still allowed the black culture to show its pathetic lack of respect and humility and gratitude….and they represent ALL the blacks of the same ilk…..and Daddy Ball demonstrates publically why the white American citizens respect our nation and totally have no respect for the black ball players that “take a knee” at the anthem……..Trump always allows the fools to reveal themselves, while he sets the situation in motion….and uses twitter to shine the light on them, so they retaliate via MSM and twitter…..and leave no doubt as to who is in the right for the nation.

brilliant.

25. Charlie says:

What did US concede for their release? China just let them get on a plane and go home???
    Disgraceful father of a thief! He has seen so much worse – and this makes your thief okay? You created this entitled brat and unleashed him into the streets.

• Remington..... says:

This event was not handled well by PT. He should have treated it as a POW swap.. we should have given the Chinese Chrissie Wallace, Shep Hannity, the turtle, Laura Ingram, Jake Tapper, and one other to be named later in exchange for the three wankers. ‘ Could have been a win – win.

26. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

Stupid people shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

27. wheatietoo says:

That Mediaite article didn’t give the whole quote of what LaVar Ball said.
    Here is the rest of it:

“…worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn’t define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that’s a different thing.”

“Everybody gets stuck on the negativity of some things and they get stuck on them too long. That’s not me. I handle what’s going on and then we go from there.”

—-

That sentence about how his son has “built up enough character” that he can get away with doing something wrong…is what stands out to me.

This attitude is right out of the Elitist liberal playbook.

It is this attitude that ‘excused’ Bill Clinton for his crimes…
    ‘He does so much good, that he is entitled to get away with breaking the law.’

It is the basis of the elitist, entitled class’s attitude that they are ‘Above the Law’.

The Second Thing that stands out to me about this…is that the MSM is to blame here too.
    They barely covered the importance and magnitude of Pres Trump’s State Visit to China.
    Because of this, daddy LaVar is dismissive of the magnitude of what Pres Trump did for his son…and he gets away with it!

The MSM can’t correct LaVar and say…’No. It was a very Big Deal.’
    Because they would then have to admit that they didn’t cover it as a Big Deal.

I am so glad that Pres Trump fired back with that lethal tweet.
    It would serve the slimy weasels in the media right, if he remarked on their intentional failure to give a monumental Official State Visit the coverage that was warranted.
    But…he probably won’t.

28. Sedanka says:

Let me guess – his middle name is Basket?

29. JimmyJack says:

The Trump follow up tweet is great too.

30. dayallaxeded says:

Xi- “An error was made. Please extradite Mr. Ball for corrective prosecution.”
    PDJT: “Sure thing, Xi.”

31. quagmire86 says:

When I saw the three players read, and I mean READ (verbatim) I was not impressed. The players read their statements because they were forced to by the school I would imagine. Their words rang extremely hollow to me. Not one of them looked into the camera/crowd and offered apologies to the Chinese hosts, America, their school or their parents for such disrespectful behavior.

Mr. Ball is an ingrate and should shut his bloody mouth and let this die down. Not once did he say he was disappointed with his son’s actions and he thought he raised him better than that. Instead, he tries to blow it off as something inconsequential. Does he realize that his son’s act did not occur in “L.A.” but in communist China where their legal system operates quite differently than ours?

32. Pam says:

33. Deplorable Didah says:

As a UCLA alumnus, the actions of those three “student-athletes” read privileged thugs, are reprehensible. They are an embarrassment to the United States and UCLA. LaVar Ball has turned out to be a bigger ungrateful idiot than his son. Neither of them nor the other two thug thief knuckleheads has any idea what a big bullet they dodged thanks to President Trump. They all make me sick. Clearly, these Rhodes Scholars did not embrace the wisdom and philosophy of John Wooden. I have done business in the PRC for more than 25 years and I have lived in the Mainland. During that time, I have had personal knowledge or heard about the horrible conditions that foreigners face in Chinese local jails and prisons. In fact, a colleague of mine spent a night in a rural Chinese police station jail just for inspecting some equipment that was on public land that our client owned. We paid the police a $100 bribe and he was released. There was no paperwork, he was not deported and nothing was stamped in his passport that precluded him from returning to the worker’s paradise. His cell did not have a bench or a bed. Just a bucket. There are foreigners that are jailed in China for a lot less serious offences such not being able to present identity documents or working on the wrong visa. Granted, many foreigners bring this on themselves, however, there are documented cases of foreigners in China who are wrongly imprisoned (the three basketball amigos are not in this category). Conditions for jailed foreigners are extremely harsh as you can see in the attached story. It is very hard to find the exact figure of how many Americans or other foreigners are incarcerated in the PRC. However, I did find a website that listed the total number of people behind bars in China at about 1.6 million with approximately 8,000 foreign inmates. There was another site which broke down the nationalities of foreign prisoners in Beijing. Out of a population of 300, approximately 30 were from Europe and North America. The rest were mostly from Southeast Asia and Africa. Out of that group, there were only four Americans locked up in Beijing. Looking at other stories about individual Americans jailed in China, I would estimate that there are probably 20 or so Americans in Chinese jails. My point in presenting this information is that the Chinese Government does not bow to pressure from other countries to release their citizens. In fact, they could care less. The average person does not understand what an incredibly amazing feat it was for President Trump to convince Xi Jinping to release those felons. If it was not for President Trump, I do not believe they would have been released. The Chinese do not like to lose face and in most cases Xi Jinping, would rather let them rot in jail then release them. He does not care about world opinion or kowtow to outside pressure. If President Trump’s predecessor had been in office, there is no way the Chicoms would have released them. However, I am sure that if he had triplets, he would have made the point that those boys would all look like him. Remember when that U.S. Navy P-3 made an emergency landing on Hainan Island in the South China Sea? The Chinese milked the incident for all it was worth and humiliated Bush 43. In fact, the Chinese took their time going over the plane. Then, they dismantled it and sent it back to the U.S. three months later in pieces. If the Chinese will do that with an American military aircraft, they have no compunction about punishing the three shoplifters. Someone posted earlier as to whether they were charged. Like my colleague, no action was probably taken and the expulsion was probably not recorded in their passports. So, they were probably were not charged with shoplifting and unfortunately, because of that technicality, the three criminals will not be expelled from my beloved university nor will they be summarily kicked off the basketball team. They will probably receive some kind of SJW diversity award and an apology from Jerry Brown.

34. InTime says:

LaVar is an ungrateful POS. I bet the parents of the young man who died when he finally came home from NoKo after Trump secured his release would have loved for the BHO to have secured the release, thus their son would be alive. LaVar needs to be grateful. In my opinion, the young man is a product of this father. You do NOT steal! Shoplifting is stealing!! I bet the players have done other things that the athletic dept has covered up….it is well know that ADs will cover all manner of abuse on campuses. Just think about the trickle up to fame we find now…..example NFL…Shut up, LaVar. Teach your son how to be a man, and respect other peoples property. Idiot!

35. brett says:

Entitled, pampered imbeciles…people like this have no clue. Many ‘people of color’ think that just because they can commit crimes, have those in authority look the other way, run interference for them, and expound on how white people are the cause of their problems in this country, that hey can do this everywhere in the world.

36. Joan calhoun says:

should have let them be Otto Wambiered.

37. All American Snowflake says:

I think that it would be appropriate at this time to point out that they don’t give you Louis Vitton sunglasses. That’s a very expensive store for the elite blacks to be shopping in.

38. whirlwinder says:

Bell is an ungrateful pig. His lack of judgement shows his lack of moral turpitude and lack of character. Most men would have been down on their knees thanking God for rescuing their son from destruction at the hands of the Chinese.

39. old farta says:

I am glad to see there are people who are like me.