Tuesday November 14th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

188 Responses to Tuesday November 14th – Open Thread

1. AMEN.
    and GOD BLESS ALL HERE.

2. Garrison Hall says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. dogsmaw says:

Aida Nikolaychuk – Rolling In The Deep

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

8. citizen817 says:

• Lost in Vegas says:

That is so sad.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Yes sad indeed; and fully 80% of those poor people who were enslaved during the opening of the New World and sent across the Atlantic Ocean were destined for, and ended up, some place besides the United States of America.

• “someplace besides the United States” is absolutely correct. The United States had very little to do with slavery. There was no USA prior to 1789 and we abolished the importing of slaves to,the former British and French Colonies, I believe, around 25 years later. Jack London wrote about German colonial uses of slavery in the Soloman Islands as late as 1912 in his novels. Not the USA, slavery was more of an institution of other nations and cultures. These misguided ‘kneebros’ in the NFL have little or no clue to this. We owe them nothing in concessions or reparations. Rant over.

• smiley says:

so hideous.

and who is that group, standing off to left there…fully clothed ?

the African Muslims and Arabs were notorious for slave raiding, slave trading and slave exporting ~ the Koran forbids Muslims from enslaving each other…

…and the non-Muslim Africans (captured into slavery) had NO GUNS with which to fight back, against capture.

• smiley says:

the reason I mention that is the irony in it.

it’s ironic that so many African-Americans have accepted and converted to Islam, down to changing their names, condemning white Americans for slavery…when it was Muslims who were responsible, first hand, for enslaving their ancestors, to begin with.

• They were captured and sold by their enemies- tribal and inner tribal-war captives, and of course the religion of peace practitioners as well. There is no recorded instance of white slave traders doing any of the capturing. That’s another libtard myth.

• CiscoKid says:

That was my first thought.
        “And their muslim captors on the left”

• czarowniczy says:

Prior to the days of pandering to the American PC revisionists the guides at the Kahn el Khalili in Cairo would happily take you to the slave sales blocks in the old section. Quite a shock to some of our black soldiers to not only stand on the stone blocks where their ancestors may have stood but to hear from the horse’s mouth that Moslems sold them, mostly to other Moslems to be used in their households and a labor. This was at a time still when slavery had been banned in Europe.

• auscitizenmom says:

This should be tweeted out all over the place. Look at the crew.

• czarowniczy says:

As slavery was long over in the US by 1882 one wonders where these slaves were bound. Slavery was still well and alive in the Mideast and parts of Latin/South America so…hmmmmm…could they be headed for the posh digs of Mideast potentates or Latin/South American farms and ranches?

9. YvonneMarie says:

Are those Muslim dressed men on the left side of pic ?

10. citizen817 says:

• Nikki/Chico says:

Totally AWSOME, this man has a wonderful tender heart

🌹🌺🌸

• Melanie says:

Do they make one for adults? I am claustrophobic and need to be heavily sedated to even survive the experience. Yup! I’m one of those patients that hit the panic button and need to be removed from “The Tube”.

• auscitizenmom says:

I have never had to do it, but I think I would too.

• msmelchizadek says:

Me too!!! I have had to do this twice and both times required meds… Yikes!

• FelineFine says:

I can certainly relate. Had no problem with MRIs, until one day something ‘clicked’ and I started to freak out. Didn’t help that the tech couldn’t hear me screaming. Most unpleasant experience.

• CiscoKid says:

My “click” happened when I was stuck in one for nearly an hour.
          The next time I had one I needed med’s and someone to be with me.

• czarowniczy says:

What keeps them from designing one for big folks? I have large shoulders and I brush the sides going and staying in. How they get really big folks in and comfortable without a 5-gallon bucket of KY and a fifth of Jack is beyond me.

• I was an imaging tech. What they make (for children and adults) are a variety of more “open”, quieter designs for MRI scanners, with higher field strengths so the exams can be completed faster. There are “short-bore” scanners with larger openings, where you can always see out both ends without having to be enclosed in a tube. There are very quiet machines where you can see out both sides. There’s even a design where you can sit upright in a chair and watch TV while being scanned.

GE makes noisy, uncomfortable machines compared to Siemens, Fonar and the others, but they are also the cheapest, so more of them are in use. Most hospitals would rather save the money and have doctors prescribe meds instead. Valium’s REALLY cheap. So, instead of ponying up the money for a machine design that halves the time needed for exams, this approach is to put reassuring pictures and bright colors on a less-capable scanner. I’m not impressed, even if the machine is prettier. Wouldn’t you rather get the exam over with more quickly and get clearer images instead?

There were several inaccuracies in that article, including the misstatement that a CT can take 30 minutes. A CT scan of most body areas takes less than 30 SECONDS, and nearly anyone can hold it together for that amount of time. It can’t show the amount of detail an MRI can, but it’s the go-to modality for bone injuries or trauma after an emergency because it’s so fast.

The one that made me laugh out loud was the assertion that 80-90% of kids under nine can’t complete exams without sedation. That just means the tech’s incompetent. You can always roll the patient back out of the machine between pulse sequences, and sequences only take 2-3 minutes apiece. You can have a relative or a nice nurse hold the patient’s hand. You can mummy-wrap them in blankets (it can reassure adults too). I sometimes had to send kids in the tube along with mom on the same table, embracing them. My failure rate for exams was 6%, and we only used sedation as a last resort, maybe 10-12% of the time, including claustrophobic and PTSD patients.

At minimum, the tech should be talking you through the entire exam, explaining how long each pulse sequence will take, what the noise will be like etc.

Sedating children under five is risky. Chloral hydrate takes an hour, and it can cause side effects like itchiness. Anyone under sedation also needs a magnetically-safe pulse-ox monitor. I’ve also had a couple of scared adults “code” during exams, in unanticipated negative reaction to the sedation. They didn’t die, but it wasn’t pretty.

I’m glad this guy was sensitive to his patient’s fears, but I still think if he truly wanted to advocate on their behalf, he should have lobbied the hospital to buy a quieter, stronger, more expensive machine. Most patients of any age can complete an MRI exam without sedation, as long as the tech is competent to engage and reassure them at each stage. That includes having staff of both genders available. Sometimes men will respond better to a female tech, and vice-versa. Some patients are racist or sexist. Techs have to be flexible enough to adapt to non-medical obstacles a patient brings in with them.

It’s ultimately more important to complete exams than it is to make the experience “comfortable” though. Doctors need to see the dimensions and locations of tumors, injuries and obstructions before surgery. It affects outcomes in life and death situations.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Thanks InvisibleMikey, I’ve thought you’ve had some med. experience due to previous comments. (RN here) If I ever need one again….will you come hold my hand?!!!(kidding, NOT)

• I’m happily retired, but you have every right to ask for that kind of help anywhere you are being examined. It’s one way of testing whether you are in the right kind of place. If they are inflexible or unresponsive to your need for reassurance – go elsewhere!

• piper567 says:

nice and informative. Thanks Mikey. I recently had to have several scans, and was greatly relieved that the Surgeon asked for CT. What a breeze! And you are correct of course, it took ab 30 seconds, and the Tech called it a “donut”, which it IS. No tube. It was a nothingburger.

• czarowniczy says:

Problem in our area is that private imaging services have set up, contracting with local providers and hospitals, allowing the docs to save on maintaining an in-house imaging service and picking up some kickback from the service. That also freezes the introduction of newer and more comfortable systems as there’s little competition so you gets what you gets.
          Our major hospital has a limited imaging lab but for the less common procedures it’s more cost effective to farm them out. I had no choice, my procedure was only done at one private imaging center 60 miles away. I’m just happy the MRI machine was electrical and not coal-powered.

• I hear ya. I hated working in those cramped trailers outside some hospitals. (I think those scanners might run on steam.) Once you get a few years seniority, the nicer hospitals and imaging centers head-hunt you.

Speaking as a patient (I have degeneration in some neck vertebrae), it’s well worth driving to get to a better machine. I live in a town of 10k, and drive 90 minutes to get to a 3 Tesla scanner in a bigger town. I’m not claustrophobic, but it produces better images and the exam’s over in 10 minutes.

• czarowniczy says:

Our mega-hospital just decided not to bother, the company they contract with has a nice building and office but by the time the negotiated price for the procedure is bumped up against overhead and kickback I guess the newer stuff’s outta the question. Gonna find me an open one for the next back MRI…I would use the VA, I understand their MRI survival rates gone way up, but they got crappy parking.

• czarowniczy says:

I had to have one a few months back that had me fully immersed in that noisy Pringles can for 45 minutes. For 24 hours prior to the MRI I couldn’t have alcohol or caffeine, all that saved me from going bonkers was the headphones with classical C&W music and the though there was bar just across the parking lot from the test site.

• BigMamaTEA says:

you are not alone Melanie!!!! Valium (big dose), wash-rag over eyes, headphones w/music of my choice; and I almost can stand it, OR I am slamming my hands on the sides screaming let me out!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I had an MRI done once, and I was OK. It made me think of this song (that I love)!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Okay now Jacqueline, now I’ve got an ear-worm. I like that song also, but not while I’m in a machine!!!!! ha! Creepy!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

MamaTea, I’ve only had one MRI, and all I could think of was how it sounded like this song! It really got me tickled. I’ve never really been claustrophobic so it really didn’t bother me. I certainly can see how it could bother some people, though.

11. Donna in Oregon says:

“God willing He’ll keep them

who died fighting in war

God willing their memory

won’t stray from us far.

God willing He’ll bless them

who still fight the good fights

God willing He’ll bring

them safe home to our hearts.”

~ Irish Blessing For Soldiers

12. Donna in Oregon says:

Irish Blessing

“The light of God surround you,
    The love of God enfold you,
    The power of God protect you,
    The presence of God watch over you.”

13. duchess01 says:

Research Shows Art Therapy Helps the Brain to Heal
    NOVEMBER 13, 2017 AT 6:06 PM ET BY SECOND LADY KAREN PENCE

14. duchess01 says:

MATTEL ANNOUNCES IBTIHAJ MUHAMMAD DOLL, THE FIRST BARBIE TO WEAR A HIJAB

Islam treats women like second and/or third class citizens, of that there can be no doubt. One of the most glaring symbols of that misogynistic oppression is the highly restrictive clothing they force their women to wear, like the hijab and the burka. So given the millennial snowflake situation we find ourselves in at the moment, I find it highly ironic that Liberals are celebrating the new Hijab Barbie.

• Shark24 says:

Here’s a live report from the ME on the hijab. I certainly agree that in many cases your statement is correct. I’m working in a multi national aerospace office at the moment and one of the moslem women here (analyst) that I have been working with for about two year is from Morocco and does wear the hijab. Since I knew she did some college in Florida, I figured I’d do a little real time journalism and based on your post ask her if she wore it in the US. She just laughed and said no and sunbathing at the beach was one of her favorite pastimes. After returning home and marrying, she decided to start wearing it (her sister however does not) for traditional reasons. That being said, I have no time for Mattel’s decision. As for liberals, they will ally with anyone that opposes traditional Judeo Christian values. Cheers

• auscitizenmom says:

Next they will be celebrating female genital mutilation. They will be opening clinics specifically for that purpose, saying it is safer for women than using a rusty razor blade or a sharp rock. You know………….women’s health. 🙄

• mopar2016 says:

Yeah things are really goofy these days. Some people just don’t get it.
      The NFL and the players union want to incorporate the “knee taking” into their pre- game show.
      Budweiser says that they’re the biggest sponsor of the NFL, and they want to hear from the fans. They’ve set up a helpline 1-800-342-5283. Press 1 for “Stand on NFL”.
      I left them a short but cordial message that I was done with the NFL.

• duchess01 says:

Nothing will change until this nonsensical behavior hits their bottom line – and that is coming – imho

I am glad the NFL and its union are making fools of themselves – it shows the entire nation to what they owe their allegiance – it is high time we no longer support these overpaid criminals – and their corporate enablers –

As far as MATTEL is concerned – the backlash will be epic – they, too, need to be taught a lesson – and parents need to speak with their wallets –

I am certain, too, Budweiser will get an earful from their fans – it is about time they supported the nation instead of these spoiled brats – who play for a living – and embarrass our nation.

Barbie was never a role model – so no loss there – neither were the privileged NFL players – as soon as sports became a business – the thrill of the game was gone – consequently, both will reap what they sow –

I hope and pray our nation will support what reflects well on our heritage as Americans – and not these ‘spoilers’ who defy all common sense!

• Donna in Oregon says:

Budweiser is owned by an EU Corporation, Inbev.

Another multi-national corporation.

• duchess01 says:

Oh, Donna – did not know – makes sense!

• BigMamaTEA says:

We can still “drop their US bottom line.” Target made an announcement within the last couple of days that it is going to start closing some stores. (Sorry, don’t have link until I sort through and organize my “pile” of info) (The only bad thing about being away for a couple of weeks….is having to hustle to get caught up!)

• duchess01 says:

Hard enough keeping up while being here – not here – nearly impossible – anyway – if you skip the unimportant stuff – and get to the meat – goes faster – 🙂

• CiscoKid says:

Budweiser, I’m not wasting a phone call on such an outrageous proposition.
        Bye-bye.
        I was done with the NFL once this disrespect started, I’ll never go back.

• Donna in Oregon says:

So does Hijab Barbie get a car? Beach House?

Liberals rarely think things through, eh? Idiots…..

• BigMamaTEA says:

• BigMamaTEA says:

duchess, that’s disgusting. I better not ever see one on any store shelf around here. I think I will cause a scene with the store manager standing in a cart-full-pile of dumped dolls around said manager, while narrating over the store sound system.

• duchess01 says:

Ooooooh, Noes! – Start a boycott of Mattel – end result the same – and your BP will remain the same as well – take heart – and ask God to take care of it – He will – I am sure!

15. smiley says:

Venice

watercolor/paper

(no date)

Joel R. Johnson ~ American (Wyoming/Florida) ~ Contemporary ~ Watercolorist ~ Representational/Realism ~ Landscape, Seascape, Architectural

more here…

🙂

16. The Jimmy Jack says:

Wasn’t sure where go share this but here made most sense. Does anyone else here find the Sutherland church Memorial bizarre given the decency of the attack? Or how pitch perfect it is with so little time to plan it ?

It is bagging at my soul.

• nwtex says:

Haven’t followed that situation. But, I’d say……….if it is “bagging at your soul” why not think of something else.

• dogsmaw says:

I think it will be setup as a memorial in that town for their loved ones to be remembered until the grief process has gone. I have read several articles where the church will be built in a different location to have services.

• massivedeplorable says:

I’m not sure about the validity of these “fundraising” things that pop up suddenly either. I send $50 to the bank where the church’s account it and designated it as a deposit to the church. No middle man.

• scully7 says:

I found it a quiet and respectful way to take their church back and honor the victims. I also saw the white as the ones that were lost are in heaven. I heard that they had a tent meeting last Sunday and this may have allowed the families a place to go and mourn.
      It’s different, I will agree, but hopefully in a good way

17. smiley says:

WW3 in the Middle east ?

tensions escalate…

Nov 7, 2017

Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Lebanon vs Iran

Bahrain vs Lebanon

Qatar vs everyone

will we be drawn in ??

18. nwtex says:

Conservatives are posting videos of themselves smashing their Keurig coffee makers to smithereens amid the Sean Hannity controversy
    Nov. 12, 2017

Supporters of Hannity lashed out at Keurig on social media through the hashtag #BoycottKeurig. A few went as far as to record themselves destroying their coffee makers.
    View the videos below:

• amwick says:

I bought a Keurig at a thrift store for $5. It was a single cup at a time thing, but it worked fine. I was planning on dumping it anyway, since there are very cheap and functional alternatives. That and it rarely if ever got used. The upside is that there are now a ton of delicious k cup varieties of flavored coffee and tea. Making one at a time is sensible as a treat now and then… Anyway, hhmmmmm Stooooopid company..

• Dave says:

Saw on news two tractor trailers in bad accident on Indiana interstate. One trailer opened up like a can of sardines! The cargo spilled all over the road? Why, more Keurig k-cups than you’ve ever seen in one place! You can’t make this stuff up! This is instant karma!

• BigMamaTEA says:

I must have seen 30-40 different vids of this last night on twitter!!

19. citizen817 says:

20. massivedeplorable says:

JUDGE MOORE I am amazed at the brilliance and coordination of the attacks on Judge Moore. It’s breathtaking! I am also very proud of the people of Alabama and America who are calling a rousing Bullshite! on this smear. VERY PROUD!! It takes guts to kick over a lifetime of trust for our government and the “press” and embrace the truth that these people are servants of Satan. They HATE Jesus Christ and every one of His servants- of Whom I am a proud member.

• auscitizenmom says:

I think these accusers will keep coming out day after day until he quits. SMH And, then they will disappear into the woodwork.

• BigMamaTEA says:

He said he is going to sue WaPo (Which to me would be proper)

It’s up to the Alabama voters, and it’s time TurtleHead stops his intrusion into the Voter’s Decision!!

Judge Moore has been in some kind of elected office or another for 40 years. Knowing TurtleHead and Karl Rove, et al as I do………really? And “this” did not come out until now? (RED FLAG)

It seems that innuendo (which it is, remember Innocent until proven guilty?) is enough now? What happened to Rule of Law?

What’s interesting to me…..is to see who is the first group to throw stones……. Besides McNasty, (who btw had a scandal of his own right before his POTUS run)

21. Dora says:

John Singer Sargent (American expatriate artist, 1856-1925) – The Sketchers (1914)

22. Janie M. says:

Sometimes, you just can’t fix stupid. He just dug himself deeper hole and needs more jail time.

Cops: Man stole wallet to pay court fines for assault charge
    22:08 31 october 2017 Source: Associated Press

LEECHBURG, Pa. — Police say a man who was at a Pennsylvania judge’s office to pay court fines stole a wallet that was near the payment window and used the cash inside to pay his fees.

Allegheny Township Patrolman Kerry Myers tells the Tribune-Review surveillance cameras caught the actions of Steven Rago.

Rago was out on bail on simple assault charges and was at a district court judge’s offices on Thursday to pay fees.

Myers says video shows the 31-year-old Rago putting a wallet into his sweat shirt pocket. He’s seen later paying the fine with cash.

Police say he admitted to having the wallet and returned it. He paid back the money, but his bail was rescinded due to the new theft charge.

Rago was transported to county prison ahead of a preliminary hearing on the simple assault charges.

No attorney is listed.

23. Janie M. says:

I absolutely love the adoring look of this baby leopard. 😍

24. Nikki/Chico says:

Philippians 4:4-9New King James Version (NKJV)
    4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
    5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
    6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

🌹

25. Dora says:

“The Christian may suffer unjustly, but if he keeps his eyes on Jesus, God will work wonders in his soul.

The glory that is to come is so magnificent, and our souls so imperfect and complex, that only the Creator of our souls knows what is needed for us to ‘carry such a weight of glory.'”

-Mother Angelica

26. dogsmaw says:

27. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

28. Dora says:

29. dogsmaw says:

30. duchess01 says:

Genesis 1:27
    “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

King James Version (KJV)

31. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

32. Dora says:

Oh what memories this short clip brings back!

I went on that tour about 30 years ago and was thrilled at the things I saw.

I’m glad I did it back then because I don’t think I could do those stairs now. 🙂

33. patrickhenrycensored says:

Closing in?
    Witness provides description of Seminole Heights murder suspect after 4th victim found in road

34. Dora says:

35. patrickhenrycensored says:

FBI: Anti-White Hate Crimes Are The Fastest Growing Racial Hate Crimes In America

36. Janie M. says:

A bit of a humorous hack on NK (depending on your perspective) described by Styx (yeah, as usual, no shirt under his jacket – oy).

• BigMamaTEA says:

Who cares how he dresses Janie? He’s sharp and knows what he’s talking about. I have a handful of millennials now following him. They tell/ask me did I see his latest vid.

He will reach an audience, that some of us , emm, uh, shall we say “seasoned” ones can’t.

• Janie M. says:

BigMama, I’ve grown accustomed to his “style” so the shirtless appearance comment is an advisory to the uninitiated (new treepers in our age group). In a few of his archived earlier ones,1-2 years old, he was topless. 😆 What matters to me are his astute observations so I post some of his videos here.

He appears more aligned to our perspective and if he’s able to bring more of the younger ones into the fold, all the better. He’s honest and has a great sense of humor (comparable to Paul Joseph Watson).

37. Sentient says:

Two colors of ink on the supposed yearbook signature (“Moore” appears to have been added later). Also the 7’s don’t even match within the supposed signature.

38. Lucille says:

Minnesota: Star-Tribune refuses to report name or background of Muslim migrant mall stabber
    November 14, 2017 11:15 By Robert Spencer

“On Sunday night, a man identified as Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahman, 20, of Minneapolis stabbed two men at the Mall of America after they tried to stop him from stealing clothes inside the dressing room at Macy’s.”

• Donna in Oregon says:

So the Capitalist in me says there’s a market for Stab Vests in Minnesota…..

Also, Acid-Proof Hajabs need to be invented and marketed….

No need to thank me for finding the next Niche Boutique for the Mall of America 🙂

39. Lucille says:

California sheriffs take stand against sanctuary designation
    Fox News
    “Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims says the sanctuary state law restricts communication with federal law enforcement.”

40. quintrillion says:

If you’re interested in the 5th Gospel revealed by Yeshua to John in the Isle of Patmos. this series of videos explains The Revelation. Here is episode 7:

41. BigMamaTEA says:

42. BigMamaTEA says:

Let’s not forget. Per……Slick Willy, Hilldabeast, and Janet Reno, and her sidekick Eric Holder….