November 14th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #299

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,666 Responses to November 14th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #299

1. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Guterrez: Are you going to put hillary clinton in jail Sessions: I’m going to follow the law

2. andyocoregon says:

I heard Tucker Carlson say, on his show last night, more than half the new drivers licenses issued by the State of California were issued to illegal aliens. Incredible!

• Steven says:

Homeland Security should declare California’s licenses not in compliance with Real ID!

• paulraven1 says:

It’s really incredible. I just moved from California (after 30 years) to South Carolina. To get a South Carolina driver’s license I needed a certified copy of my birth certificate ($60 and had to send for and wait 10 days, as my hospital original birth certificate was unacceptable), two forms of address, social security card and California license.

• Lack is not all says:

You will love to drive in South Carolina. We have a vacation place up there and one of the pleasures of the time we spend there is to drive around enjoying the fellow drivers. In California most of the people drive like hell and one never knows where is the next one going to come to hit you..

• rebel53blog says:

it’s the same in Florida

• Bull Durham says:

You live here and you know this true.

The State is gone as an American State.

The President has to focus on bringing California back to the Union.

It is as if we are a part of the Northern EU, not the USA.

Been here 47 years, and it is unreal to experience the conversion of this great state into a paradise for the Cult of Liberalism. For everyone else, it is Purgatory.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

It started with (then governor) Earl Warren. After he started California on the road to perdition, he then twisted the US Supreme Court into the progressive mess it is.

I grew up in Kalifornistan, and in the 50s and 60s the garbage we were taught in school was similar to what Europe has now. We’ve been gone 30 years, and when we visit on vacation, it’s appalling. Just when you think they can’t get worse, they do. And they’ve Jerry(Brown)mandered the voting districts and laws to make it a permanent one-party (indeed Marxist) state. It breaks my heart to see what has happened to the once-Golden State…

I have family and friends there, some of whom are diehard liberals, and they live in a different world: one of unicorns, pixie dust, and moonbeams. Liberalism is indeed a mental disease. Can’t talk or reason with them at all, as they lack any semblance of logical faculties, and cannot see that actions have consequences (cf the Three Thugateers from UCLA)…

• at Newark airport last week, there was a sign by the security check that said something to the effect: “If you have a state drivers license from MN, CA {and several other states}, you must have some other form of ID…”

I wonder if your post is why……🤨

3. Regina says:

(hoping we can get this thread off the Sessions bashing and back to lauding our President’s accomplishments =)

• mimbler says:

I may be on a branch by myself, but I don’t consider this an accomplishment. From what I read they were videoed shop lifting at three different stores. I think China had a right to enforce their laws.

• trumpthepress says:

Agreed but….it doesn’t hurt our President by getting them out. Helps politically. They should have consequences for their actions though too.

• Regina says:

good point – but after Otto (and others) I don’t like the idea of our citizens facing charges in another country. We’ll see what the “deal” was – I’m hoping they didn’t get off scot-free.

• mimbler says:

Yep, already on a flight back to the US.

• Regina, I hope you are not serious by “I don’t like the idea of our citizens facing charges in another country”. If these players committed a crime they are accused of in China then they have actually brought disrespect to our country.
          I am an immigrant and now a citizen but whenever I see anybody from my native country behaving inappropriately it irritates me, because, being a foreigner, you are not only representing yourself but also your home country and your behavior reflects in a bad or good way towards the reputation and values of your country.
          I may be old school but in my book, my bad behavior gives bad name to my family when among friends. If I am representing my school, then it gives bad name to my school. If I am representing my state then it gives a bad name to my state. If I am a tourist in another country then I am representing my country and my bad behavior is giving bad name to my country.

• Regina says:

all true – so you think it was okay that Otto Warmbler died because he tore a poster off a wall? According to most accounts, died after a long period of torture? This is the sort of thing I’m talking about – what may start out as a crime turns into a political weapon.

I have no problem with them facing justice – but I want them to do it in the U.S.

• Regina, you are mixing two things but I will play along – if the sentencing of Otto was same as the native North Korean will get for the same crime then yes I will have no problem. But that was not the case with Otto so naturally we cannot compare two situations to be same. Not everything is political from my point of view – sometimes it is as simple as a crime was committed for which a sentencing is merited as per local laws and jurisdiction. I am sure even in the U.S. we do not let anybody go for shoplifting simply because (s)he is a “visitor” to our country. I know for certain that depending on the nature of crime(s) they actually have to first serve time here and then are deported for good.
              You are suggesting that they should face justice here in the U.S – How in the world is U.S. going to prosecute these three “gentlemen” for crimes committed in China?

• TheLastDemocrat says:

We let many people escape punishment exactly because they are illegal immigrants.
                I have a friend on disability. trust me – he is disabled. Well, he had just managed to scrape money together for a car, and was going to his volunteer job. An illegal immigrant hit his car.

LEO arrived. LEO noted that my friend’s “uninsured driver” insurance coverage would cover the damages, but nothing would happen to the other driver. Why? Because it was apparent that the other driver was an illegal immigrant, and ticketing or “booking” the illegal immigrant would be way more trouble than it was worth – often, illegal immigrants have, or go get, yet another on-paper, legal “identity,” and also get released quickly from local jail.

Sadly, when illegal immigrants may need the protection of the courts or LEO, such as if raped, they do not have good access to the legal system.

Supporting illegal immigration by “opposing hate” and turning a blind eye is simply bad, in many ways. Humanitarians should not support our blind-eye, two-class society approach. If there were actually a “Democratic Party,” I would say we democrats should not support this. But there really is no dem party.

• Regina says:

very good points – I stand corrected

• StrandedinCA says:

It’s not ok – – but it’s the price you pay for traveling to a rogue nation such as North Korea. You don’t have the freedoms and protections that are provided to you as a U.S. citizen – and asking for help after you’ve done something stupid in one of the these countries is not acceptable.

• Lack is not all says:

Justice in the US? They will be made “men of the year” when they return.

• CoffeeBreak says:

Fellow immigrant, here. Your powerful reply is proper.

• CleanhouseinDC says:

They committed a crime there. The Chinese have a right to uphold their laws. They should consider themselves lucky they are on the way back, should be kicked out of the sports program as well as school -at least lose their scholarships. Too bad the only citizens here who get such good treatment are social “victims” and the elites.

• mimbler – I agree with your sentiment. In no way this should be applauded as an accomplishment – it would have been an accomplishment if they were wrongfully arrested but by all accounts it seems that this is legit arrest. I would have been more proud of President Trump if he would have told Xi to do what China’s law would normally do with such crime(s).
        I did not elect a politician – for that there were 17 other candidates to choose from.

• distracted2 says:

Ten years in a prison is a little steep for shoplifting.

That said, they owe President Trump a debt of gratitude. I hope they recognize the gift they were given and make their lives count for something important. And I’m not including basketball.

• SB says:

Ten years in prison may seem steep for shoplifting in the USA, but it sends a strong message of law and order (ChiCom foundation aside). What is the shoplifting rate in China compared to ours?

MAGA!!

• Abster says:

I agree. Should have left their stupid assessment there.

• Rainer says:

3 seven feet tall black guys who didn’t think they were going to draw attention to themselves just by walking into a retail store in China, decided to go on a shoplifting spree. What geniuses. I wish they had done it in North Korea.

• CoffeeBreak says:

Really, the gall of some truly ugly American citizens overseas, does not amaze me. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. Let them cool their jets breaking rocks for ten years. I’d be so over it.

• bob says:

We have a factory outlet mall here in my resort community that is 95% white. Occasionally there are group arrests there. The names are always Janetta, Shanona, Timera. The come down in groups and think no one notices them.

• Lack is not all says:

Its worst. They dont care if you notice them. They do it for the goodies and most of all to infuriate whites. They are marking territory like cats.

• Oldschool says:

1000% agree mimbler. These thugs need to suffer consequences. They don’t have consequences here and now we intervene in other countries. I simply don’t want my president interfering in foreign justice practice.

• GrantsLounge says:

The Chinese will just want something from us in return. Not worth it in my opinion

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Will be interesting to see what UCLA offers up at tomorrow’s ‘no questions’ press conference.
      They are already playing up their participation in the decision more than Trump’s.

• mopar2016 says:

Should’ve let China jail those guys.
      They probably figured that if they could get away with stealing stuff in the US, then they should be able to steal stuff in China too.

• AdamSelene says:

Imagine telling those guys five years ago, “In five years, President Donald J. Trump will save you from Chinese jail.”

• Sedanka says:

All three will “take a knee” as soon as they’re playing again.

• joninmd22 says:

We can do both, Regina.

4. Regina says:

5. Sandra-VA says:

I am disgusted with Jeff Sessions. He was very rude to Jim Jordan with that rolling of his eyes…

He is afraid to go up against the Clinton machine, despite the OVERWHELMING proof of guilt in so many areas. Not to mention that now Comey is an honorable man..

I had such high hopes for our AG, thought maybe he might be doing things behind the scenes that we were not aware of… but no, today he dispelled any notion of that… completely.

Howie was right all along.

• Dorothy Marcum says:

embedded in the Swamp and he knows the POTUS can’t get rid of him
      what a wonderful set up

• Regina says:

Sessions is playing a role in this kabuki theater just as much as the rest – now Guiterrez has managed to state that appointing a special counsel for Uranium One equates to “fulfilling a campaign promise” by Trump.
      It seems like everyone wants everything to be obvious and blatant – that’s just not how this administration works.
      Give it time – realize there’s more we Don’t know than what we know

• Sandra-VA says:

Sessions has dispelled the notion that anything is going on behind the scenes. You do realize that he has now stated this in no uncertain terms today, right?

• Regina says:

no, I don’t realize that – but I haven’t listened to every word, because I believe it’s all show – pure political theater
          I think you and I are watching different movies, Sandra – that’s okay, eventually we’ll both know which script rings true 😉

• Sandra-VA says:

I hope and pray that you are right, Regina. But my hopes with regard to Sessions, which were the same as yours, have been dashed today. I don’t like this realization, and I am feeling very disappointed.

• paulraven1 says:

Here’s the thing — there is ample evidence to support the notion that Sessions is useless. None to support the premise that he is moving toward or contemplating action behind the scenes. The latter is based entirely on blind faith.

• H. Hawke says:

Plus he said today he has “no reason to doubt” the Moore accusers. The fix is in.

• Mariposa323 says:

No he might not be . SEveral things you are missing: the swamp will try to impeach TRump once they eliminated Moore’s SEat , JS knows this , he can’t afford to play his hand right now . Pray a lot over the next month , everything is at stake . It’s a fight to the death . He can’t afford to turn the rabid swamp on Our President , he HAS to misdirect , if they knew he is going after them , all hell will break loose . Pray a lot !!!

• paulraven1 says:

That ship has sailed. The swamp is already turned on our president. And why do we care if all hell breaks loose? This congenital caution or avoidance of conflict is becoming a serious problem for our side.

• phoenixRising says:

“No he might not be . SEveral things you are missing: the swamp will try to impeach TRump once they eliminated Moore’s SEat..”

Well then, why would he undermine Moore?….?
        I agree with your comment wrt impeachment… they will not “try” – they WILL impeach… and Sessions will have been instrumental in that occurring… jmho

Trump made a uuugggeee mistake letting Sessions embed himself into his campaign and then further misjudged him by appointing him as AJ… ANYONE who has been in D.C. as long as Sessions has is entrenched in the ‘swamp’

I’m sure to be attacled for criticizing President Trump’s choice of Sessions… I voted for Trump and I support his agenda. I don’t think he is immune to criticism… none of us are.

• Lulu says:

Sessions is vile. He has shown nothing but contempt for the President and the American people.

6. BakoCarl says:

To me, the stark difference between the Poseur Obozo and President Trump can be clearly characterized by their performances in throwing out the first pitch at baseball games.

The Poseur jauntily trots out of the dugout and glad hands on his way to the mound. Obviously basking in the attention of the moment, waving, laughing and grinning, he takes a loose set position on the pitching rubber, does a couple of half pumps, waggles the ball and glove a few times in front of him, lifts his right leg and throws the ball to the left (of course), several feet away from the plate, and very high . . . almost an uncatchable wild pitch, way outside the strike zone.

In stark contrast, “The Donald” (with Melania) lands in center field with his shiny TRUMP helicopter (as far as I know, PTrump hasn’t thrown out a first pitch as President), an entrance typical and befitting of the brash, self-made, billionaire super-builder. After a few meetings and greetings, he walks to the mound and, without breaking stride, throws a hard pitch, center plate, dropping below the strike zone at the last . . . the kind of pitch you think you can hit, until it drops low and you’re left with “Strike One” ringing in your ears.

There are a number of specific analogies that could be drawn here, but I’ll stick with a some general observations.

Obozo’s terms in office were characterized by his obvious posing, his love of himself and the attention he was getting, his shallow attempt at appearing statesmanlike, his total absorption with appearance rather than substance, and his utter failure, in all facets of his presidency, of coming anywhere near successfully hitting the mark in a government that is supposed to be “for the people”. Obozo’s ultimate objective is not winning for the team, it’s winning for Obozo. He was, in short, a self-absorbed, grinning, ineffective fool.

President Trump, conversely, is a natural, successful and proven leader who has no need of focusing on appearance over substance. He enters the game to play hardball . . . throwing strikes and getting hits . . . lots of home runs, too. When he reaches the mound, he sees only his objective, throwing the pitch he desires to the catcher.

The baseball metaphor fails with PTrump however, as the objective in baseball is to beat the other team. PTrump’s objective is to play the game so that both teams emerge as winners. Then, after the game, with an improved relationship, both teams go out, together, for celebratory ice cream . . . two scoops for PTrump, please.

In the future, any honest historian will be characterizing the Trump Presidency as one of the most remarkable and successful in the history of the United States.

What an absolutely refreshing, blessed difference!!!

7. JohnMcStain says:

• trumpthepress says:

I was holding on to a glimmer of hope…but some phrasing today made me lose that tiny piece…It’s a shame….Hopefully I am wrong but not looking good.

• bulwarker says:

Watch out, people are going to scream at you that Sessions producing NOTHING against the corrupt Clinton machine since appointment is somehow proof that a super-secret investigation is currently in the works. Some 92873476623d chess. These are the same people that are convinced Mueller is on our side and tell us every week that some sealed indictment is about to drop that will target the Democrats….

• boogywstew says:

Is President Trump buying your bridge? That is exactly what you’re implying.

• iswhatitis says:

JohnMcStain says: “Anyone who still thinks Jeff Seditions is still white-hatting in the DOJ, I have a bridge for sale.”

I don’t know if he is, or isn’t.

What I do know is that, regardless how it turns out, my sitting here today and taking a stance or side in it will have absolutely ZERO EFFECT on the outcome. Same, I imagine, goes for your opinion.

Hence, I feel free to be prudent and wait until the game is over and the plays made.

No need to “take a knee” against the man (or for him, either), at this point.

It’s all wasted hot air being spewed.

• joninmd22 says:

And i have the deed to Baltimore harbor.

8. lots of obvious trolls here today…

9. There is a lot of disinformation and misdirection going on from ALL (bad and good) sides. We need to realize that not everything is as it seems…and some of that is by design.

Last night on Hannity…Sara Carter clearly states that Sessions has not recused on Uranium One and that there are ongoing investigations against the Clintons.

If you look at Sessions wording today…he did not explicitly rule out an SP. Words have meaning…and sometimes…so does the LACK of certain words.

• Albertus Magnus says:

JW, you are correct. And these trolls and agitators know EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Now that Sheldon and Mercer have dropped Bannon’s BB, wonder how they will pay their professional trolls to keep coming here to crap in our treehouse. I guess PaPa Soros will foot the bill.

• Regina says:

^^this – totally agree, JW
      they’re all doing a firewalk – why is it that people constantly complain about what a farce congressional hearings are, but suddenly when they watch one they think it’s So important?
      They’re not asking ANY of the questions I would like to know about – the entire thing is an opportunity for media soundbites. Sessions isn’t giving them many – that’s fine with me.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Exactly.. it’s important to take in ALL INFORMATION (said and unsaid) when drawing a conclusion or working theory.

• Mariposa323 says:

Exactly J W , we dont have to have blind faith in Sessions , but common sense must tell you he knows the danger that is surrounding PDJT . If he wanted to hurt him he could pacify our thirst for justice but risk pissing off these rabid dogs to the death of our MAGA agenda forever . Trump is all alone , and those with him are too scared . God help us !

10. Trey Godey grandstanding & running out the clock..
    ->SPIT<-

11. Regina says:

12. Regina says:

13. Betty says:

If we can get enough honest conservatives elected in 2018 maybe we can get a National Voter ID Law passed before the 2020 election.

But how do we ensure an honest election in 2018? If a month before the election President Trump issued an Executive Order that says all people who want to vote must show a valid picture id. I know the cheaters would just run to court and get it stayed, but could we run faster and get a judge to say it can not be stayed for 35 days or something?

What if President Trump declared a National Emergency and said that invaders are going to try and steal our country right out from under us via illegal voting and so National Security demands we require a picture id in order to vote. He could say 17 intelligence agencies gave him the assessment. And finger die would help prevent those legally entitled to vote once from doing it twice.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to just once see how the real America votes.

14. Sandra-VA says:

15. realitycheck6 says:

for the question about 91% of Trumps nominees being white … here re odummy’s : “White men represented just 37 percent of judges confirmed during Obama’s two terms” http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-analysis-finds-diversity-trumps-judicial-picks-51133152

How about just nominate the best without regard to color/race/religion/sex/sexual identity/etc/etc? What is the percentage of judges that are nominated that are under 6 foot tall? MAyeb we are height biased as well?

What Trump is looking for are the best in his in opinion, that is the correct thing to do.

16. Pam says:

17. Regina says:

18. From the testimony Rice gave, the unmasking was for purely personal reasons.
    From what has been discovered so far, that dossier was bought and paid for and then used to get the FBI and everyone else to investigate PT. All based on a lie.

Comey has been found to be the one who leaked documents to the press.
    Hillary Rigged the last primary election with the DNC’s help and the collusion of Bernie taking a deal to buy him off.

Mueller at best, was involved in not notifying Congress of problems with the Uranium 1 deal investigation.
    Money changed hands before and after the Uranium deal to the Clinton Foundation and to Bill.
    Even if you argue it wasn’t illegal, it was totally unethical and paints a picture as clear as day of the illusion of impropriety.

It’s getting to the point where you almost can remember all the wrong that has been done when it comes to Hillary and the Democrats.
    Yet after more than 1 year we are still looking for proof of a crime that never happened with Trump.

I’ve been very patient. Mine is now gone.
    Either something happened or it didn’t. This waiting for some bigger fish theory is getting old.
    Every single day this President and his Admin works under a cloud. And for what?
    Because they are still looking for the original crime?

Crimes or at least wrong doing has been found. When does the other side in this get to sit in the hot seat?
    Why in the world doesn’t anyone care about American citizens being illegally unmasked?
    Why is it that the Hillary and the DNC did collude to make a candidate falsely win get any traction?
    Are we all supposed to live under the assumption that if you can pay enough you can get on the ballot?

Maybe this is total frustration and doesn’t make any sense.
    But this much is clear. The Russians are accused of tampering with the election for President here.
    But what our own people did to tamper and collude is much worse.

This nonsense of waiting for SC Mueller to do something about what really happened is crazy.
    It’s never going to happen. This isn’t 3D or 4D chess.
    This is putting the screws to Americans and giving a license to those that will do it again.

We have influence peddling, collusion to make voters lose their voice in an election, we have bribes, money changing hands, kickbacks for favors, with McCabe’s wife, we have illegal unmasking and an admission of it for purely person reasons.
    There is corruption at the highest levels of Government. And we still haven’t brought up DWS and all those Dems selling out the country to a Pakistan family who stole classified information.

How long will we have to chase the false Russian story and realize the only collusion with the Russians came from the Left?
    How long does it take to see the real criminal acts and stop trying to find one that isn’t there?
    There are multiple discrepancies with what happened last year. Obvious problems.

This is never going to end. And if it does, it will not end well. Not because I support the President.
    But because I’m an American who thinks that it just should never happen the way it did.
    And it’s all going to be washed away and forgotten. Made into a joke.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

……………..So he snuck in the swamp, ‘gonna get the boy; but he never come out again………..

• Regina says:

it’s not just Democrats – people seem to forget that. All the time.

• sargnickfury says:

Right now some of the very worst all seem to be GOP….McConnell seems like a bad cartoon character of everything that is corrupt.

• tazz2293 says:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. – Thomas Jefferson

• sargnickfury says:

I have to concur, at this point people are losing all faith in Rule of Law, as it is clear to even the simplest person there’s rules we have to follow, but they do not apply to the elite or their servants. I keep hearing about a long game, and there’s this Q nonsense, but the reality is Mueller is surrounded by Clinton faithful lawyers, the idea that he is anything but a political hitman is unlikely. I am losing all patience, and faith in nearly every judicial branch. and federal law enforcement. Once people are completely demoralized from any faith in Rule of Law there is no going back. We are a banana Republic. Sessions where are you?!!!!

19. Pam says:

20. Pam says:

21. wyntre says:

Having problems posting. Hope this goes through.

Personally I adore Sessions but he really is not up for this job. He just can’t fend off the Dem vultures. Jeffries (black jerk) just brought up his testimony during Clinton’s tenure. Jeff speaks slowly, haltingly.

This is just persecution, at this point, and Jeff doesn’t hold his own.

Why did he agree to this?

. .

22. Pam says:

23. maggiemoowho says:

Sessions needs to realize when Republicans are trying to help him and stop going on with long answers.

24. BillRiser says:

Sessions “On Going MATTER”??

25. n1ghtcr4wler says:

Sessions is sooo weak. He can’t give an answer without looking like a stammering fool.

26. treehouseron says:

What a lot of this Roy Moore stuff comes down to is, he can’t deny that he dated teenagers because it’s true. He can deny all the ‘rape’ stuff because it’s probably not true. He did date teenagers, though.

In his day, it wasn’t really as strange as it is now, remember Jerry Lee Lewis legally married his 13 year old cousin in the late 50’s. He received a lot of backlash… but it wasn’t completely out of the question in the deep south.

Flash forward to present day, and the question is basically, will people think it’s alright that folks used to date teenagers? The truth is, it’s just seen as weird now. The democrats have done an excellent job of pointing out how weird this is.

When this started I thought he’d survive it, but the pile on has gotten severe enough that it’s going to be close.

• GetReal says:

Yup, it’s definitely taboo for a 30 year old male to date a teenage female these days. But a male dating another male of any age is just fine and dating an “it” of any age is highly encouraged in today’s culture. If Moore were a homosexual or transvestite he’d be the left’s hero.

• I just find it hard that the same people seem to have no problems not mentioning Bill Clinton’s trips to that island or the fact that Monica was a teen. Its more of the rules for thee but not for me.

• maggiemoowho says:

Why don’t both sides just take a lie detector test and be done with it. Moore can clear his name quickly and move on to the election.

• faridrushdi says:

I would visit my grandmother in Birmingham in the 1960’s and remember many couples with the man in his 30’s and the girl in her teens. It was just normal. I do remember that some southern states allowed girls as young as 14 to marry with parent’s permission. Many of the other states down there was 16.

Things in life change as generations change. Going back to 6th grade, every parent of every friend in that class smoked, but none of them were divorced (I was the only kid in the class with one parent and that was because my mom had died). Today it would be just the opposite.

The next two years will decide if America remains a great nation. If McConnell et. al. and the swamp win, we’ll continue our gradual but steady decline. If Trump wins, the people win and we will again.

27. distracted2 says:

This hearing is hard to watch, particularly as Mrs. Sessions is near a breakdown at any minute. She’s already shed tears once and she’s been on the verge several times. My heart goes out to her. I may not agree with her husband’s decisions but this has been brutal for her.

• Lumina says:

She can throw a dart or 2 with her eye expressions…also a little up turned mouth when AG answers well… “you got this” nods… relief when they say times up…
      I would have sat there glaring with my arms folded…

28. John Doe says:

I’m sticking with Jeff Sessions until POTUS tells me otherwise, but this hearing, which is total BS, is very hard to watch. He is wounded and bloody, and it’s all for naught. It is time, past time, for him to indict or get off the pot.

29. Regina says:

another school shooting in CA – jeez
    There was a massive police response to several crime scenes in Rancho Tehama, California Tuesday. Deputies say at least three people are dead—including the gunman.

A Deputy told local media the shootings took place at several crime scenes and ‘multiple shots’ were fired at the elementary school. According to scanner traffic, children as young as 6 are among the wounded.

30. Regina says:

31. Dora says:

32. Regina says:

What gets me is that we’re paying beaucoup bucks for Mueller’s special counsel, and yet these clowns waste all their time going over the same crap questions that have been bantered around in the media for the last year. What a colossal waste of time and resources – I would much rather hear some facts about what’s been Accomplished by DOJ (it’s not a small list) but soundbites soundbites soundbites

33. Regina says:

34. Oh, crap! Big shooting in Northern California at a school: multiple people killed and children wounded……

35. duchess01 says:

WHITE HOUSE LIVE – 11/14/2017

TUNE IN TODAY

4:40 PM EST
    Vice President Pence Delivers Remarks at the Wall Street Journal’s 10th Annual CEO Council Meeting
    Washington, DC
    Audio Only

36. duchess01 says:

Watch Live: Jeff Sessions Testifies Before House Judiciary Committee

[I believe this has concluded but, you can listen]

37. Oldschool says:

I sincerely wish our treepers would seriously try to comprehend and apply appropriately the meanings of these words:

Troll: online poster who posts a comment intentionally meant to agitate.

Dissent: giving an opinion that differs from others.

The name calling in the treehouse gets ugly and mirrors the left’s Alinsky tactics. Beneath the caliber of this site. Posters here who question Sessions are not trolls, infiltrators or psych ops. They simply are regular posters with an opinion that some don’t agree with.

No need to pile on me for the comment.

38. Meri says:

BREAKING: Wikileaks Confirms Seth Rich as Leaker?
    View story at Medium.com

39. recoverydotgod says:

I’ve been watching the Sessions hearing. He can’t manage. He is used to being managed. Attorney General is a leadership position. Going from the Senate into the Attorney General position is not a great move in general, unless you are only there one term. The Senate only faces election every 6 years and you are managed by your aides. In general I think you risk losing the touch to lead if you are in the Senate more than one term.

• Regina says:

I tend to agree with you – he certainly doesn’t have the schmooze and snark that accompanies most politicians on public display, but I don’t know how well he actually manages things? He’s certainly not a great spokesman for anything, yet it seems the dept. is accomplishing a lot under him in terms of MS-13, human trafficking, etc.

It would be nice if they asked questions about actual issues being addressed by the DOJ – we might get a better sense of Sessions true capability as AG.

• recoverydotgod says:

That’s true. I hate taking time for these long hearings, but I kept watching and there were a number of the GOP questioners…and couple democrats that I could see how they were working with the justice department through issues that were important to them…a wide variety of issues. IMO, I cannot understand Sessions when he communicates, however he is a good listener at heart. Fortunately, there was some representative that took over for Rep. Goodlatte as the chair at the end and his and Sessions exchange was helpful to me in understanding the approach of bringing in outside independent review of the several issues hopefully to include a review of the conflicts of interests. That to me is a step toward a better situation from the current where the Attorney General is recused from every high profile media driven political case. As it is the other side spends their time telling Sessions that he’s a liar.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

There is nothing intimidating about Sessions at all.

• linda4298 says:

Wasn’t he Attorney General for Alabama for awhile.

40. GetReal says:

So Judge Moore was a Democrat before 1992. That makes these accusations much more believable.

41. georgiafl says:

It ain’t over ’til it’s over.

It ain’t over until justice is done and they are locked up.

Clintons,
    Obama
    Holder
    Lynch
    and a whole bunch more.

42. MfM says:

I dated guys in their 20’s when I was in HS (16-17), I dated guys in their 20’s and early 30’s when I was in college (17-22). This was in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. I also dated guys my age and younger.

No one thought it was odd.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

How many?
      j/k

• Evelyn says:

Can’t speak for MfM, but I dated quite a few young men. In the early 1970s in my neck of the woods, a girl was considered “fast” if she went steady with one man at too young of an age, the thought was that things could get too heated up between them, and anyone with attentive parents would have them insisting that they not date the same boy too early and too often. There was absolutely no expectation of sex with everyone you were dating, that was unheard of. Today’s social “norms” would have been considered unthinkable back then….

• The Jimmy Jack says:

So did I and it was decades later. 14 is one but 17 – 18 is a different ballgame.

43. RM says:

I was ready to vote for the hildabeast so that we could finally hit rock bottom and get the party started in restoring our Constitutional Republic but I blinked for that one last hope; PDJT. I am done patiently waiting for a return to the rule of law. IT’S WAR NOW.

44. n1ghtcr4wler says:

45. Sandra-VA says:

Interesting… it seems Justice Dept is walking back Sessions comments re appointing SC for the U1/Clinton “matter”:

46. The Jimmy Jack says:

When Jim Jordan pressed Sessions for an answer about appointing a special prosecutor for Uranium One Sessions said it doesn’t look like there’s enough to merit a special prosecutor.

47. BillRiser says:

Wow! These Democrats are painters that dip thier paint into different colors but they keep painting the same picture!!

48. Black Beauty says:

Would love to know if anyone has seen this story. Just found a shocking story on a site I’ve never used before. Says a Wall Street Journal reporter was just found dead in his apartment. He was working on what would have been an explosive expose’ of Hillary Clinton’s corrupt dealings with the Russians.