Air Force One landed at Osan Air Base outside the capital Seoul.  President Trump and First Lady Melania arrive to a red carpet as the President begins his 24-hour state visit with a ceremonial military honor guard arrayed on the airport tarmac.

The White House says Trump’s trip is intended to demonstrate U.S. resolve toward the assembly of allies united against the looming threat from North Korea.  Despite his weak general disposition, South Korean President Moon Jae-in is a critical component of the strategy.

Schedule below:

12:55pm / 10:55pm THE PRESIDENT has lunch with troops from the United States and the Republic of Korea – Camp Humphreys, Republic of Korea

1:20pm / 11:20pm THE PRESIDENT receives an operational briefing, Camp Humphreys, Republic of Korea

2:30pm / 12:30am THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in an arrival ceremony, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

2:35pm / 12:35am THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in a guestbook signing, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

2:45pm / 12:45am THE PRESIDENT participates in a bilateral meeting with President Moon Jae-In of the Republic of Korea, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea

2:55pm / 12:55am THE PRESIDENT participates in an expanded bilateral meeting with President Moon, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

♦4:10pm / 2:10am THE PRESIDENT participates in a friendship walk with President Moon, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea

4:20pm / 2:20am THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY will have tea and take photographs with President Moon, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

4:45pm / 2:45am THE PRESIDENT participates in a joint press conference with President Moon, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

7:35pm / 5:35am THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY attend a state dinner, Blue House, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

This entry was posted in ASEAN, FLOTUS, N Korea, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, President Trump, Secretary of State, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump Arrive in South Korea – (Video and Pics)…

1. Pam says:

2. Molly says:

That one smiling Korean lady in line who could not take her eyes off POTUS, looked him up and down after he passed by, lol. I bet she is still grinning. 😀

I love how Melania’s hair if fixed! She amazes me with her flawless grace. 😉

• Miss America says:

And only a model could pull off her outfit! She looks savage!

(Savage is a good thing, or so my teenager tells me).

• MfM says:

I don’t think big sleeves especially in heavy material are flattering to most people. You are right she can carry it off. She looked very stiff in the beginning,, maybe because of the dress and how it moves… then she smiled when greeting people and you forgot that.

• It’s a real power outfit befitting a real power couple. It was intended as such.

• Edith Wenzel says:

OMG what does her coat matter. Lets leave that to the Left Media of which there are many It is the style this year. It is a Victoria Beckham style that all other designers have copied this year. She looks just fine and you are right her smile is what we should be noticing.

• tonyE says:

That dress -when she walked off the plane- is modeled on an ethnic Korean dress… with the long flowing skirt.

In Japan her dresses echoed Japanese culture and then she walks out of the plane in Seoul with that dress…. amazing.

I wonder if she brough 100 shoes along to do an Imelda Marcos when she gets to Manila? ;-D

But, from a fashion standpoint, I can’t recall this ever happening. Mrs. Trump really has a wonderful sense of culture (ie: history) and she’s applying this to her dresses.

• Savage is a beautiful word in this context! Can’t take my eyes off her elegance!

• maiingankwe says:

Molly,
      For a minute I thought the picture Pam had shared with us below had the same smiling South Korean woman standing behind our President Trump, but I was wrong. The second one was wearing a black top with her outfit. They’re both smiling and gazing at him though!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Her hair is so elegant and so pretty! I love it like that.

• webgirlpdx says:

Yes, Loved her hair there too!

3. Pam says:

• RedBallExpress says:

A good Commander eats what the troops eat (at least some of the time). They do not expect him to eat their food all the time but the message will never be forgotten. They will take care of their Commander in Chief.

• JM Covfefe says:

Our PRESIDENT is soooo cool! That is a lot of class to have lunch in the mess hall with our troops! And, titanium balls: he is only 25 miles from the DMZ.

4. Pam says:

5. I wonder if her choice of clothing isn’t hiding body armour.

I must say that this is the first piece of clothing that I’ve seen her wear that I don’t like.
    It’s too big and billowy….

• NewNonna!!! says:

I was surprised by the billowy, big sleeves, too and thought how something like that on me would swallow me up. But on our beautiful, graceful FLOTUS?? Gorgeous! I think she carried it well! 😊❤️

• chojun says:

That could very well be. DPRK agents are known to be operating in the ROK. The Trumps likely won’t get a lot of public exposure in Korea.

• trumpfan1 says:

Melania is wearing a korea like traditional clothes. You may google to see how tradition korea clothes are like. Big and billowy…..

• Molly says:

Could be. I thought the sweater dress she wore the first day was more bulky than usual. I think this is more of a coat (because of the length and zipper). Just checked and it is 64 in Seoul.

• bessie2003 says:

The style, the billowy sleeves, reminded me of historical Korean fashion. It seemed like the First Lady is honoring the host country through her clothing.

• louche9 says:

“I wonder if her choice of clothing isn’t hiding body armour.”

I agree. She looks like she’s dressing to hide it. She’s far more bulky in the middle.

• Sylvia Avery says:

She has worn big billowy sleeves several times, now. The one I liked the least was the hot pink dress with the ginormously billowing sleeves she wore to make a speech in Washington, DC. Pretty color dress, but the sleeves made her look huge.

While this coat wasn’t my favorite, I didn’t think the sleeves were that bad. I thought she wore it well. It was a nice color, her hair was beautiful. And I know she chose the style to honor traditional Korean women’s costumes. I always think that is cool.

• MfM says:

I agree the big sleeves don’t do her justice. She looks great, especially when she smiles but isn’t her best look. It maybe to give a nod to Korean cultural dress or to hide body armor as others have suggested.

That hot pink dress wore her, not the other way around. It’s the first piece that I felt that way about. The floral jacket she wore in Europe was a stunning piece, even more unforgettable, but she melded with it and it was her and the jacket as one.

• joninmd22 says:

I think you’ve nailed it. I was wondering about the choice of clothing as well.

• MaineCoon says:

She always seems to honor the traditional culture of the country she’s in, which is really special to do. It’s something she as FLOTUS can do withut saying a word. I think she carries all the fashions off beautifully. They have to be viewed from the perspective the women in that country will view them. She pulls if off! After all, she is a SUPER model!

6. A2 says:

Apologies Treepers I am reposting (as I was binned then rescued by the imitable Ad Rem).

November 6, 2017 at 7:48 pm
    Some notes on the SK visit (and why I think APEC (Vietnam) and ASEAN (Philippines) are more important than SK and China state visits).

Police security in Seoul, like in Japan is on high alert. Areas around the meeting venues and the President’s hotel are designated security zones. The government has also refused many permits for protests, though many will still be staged (for and against).

“An association of 220 left-wing political parties, civic groups, labor unions and student groups continued to hold “Anti-Trump Anti-War” rallies in central Seoul over the weekend, blasting him for worsening military tensions on the Korean Peninsula and threatening to start a war.”

You may read more here: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20171105000221

Expect the US left-wing MSM to feature these protests to drown out any substantive discussions taking place as is their wont.

The President will give a 22 minute address to the National Assembly for legislators, diplomats and invited guests, but closed to the general public for security reasons.

This article explains, “Five things to know about Trump’s visit to S. Korea”. It has some interesting factoids about the President’s visits to SK prior to being elected, especially “Trump World” (that’s a teaser to catch your interest 😀 )

Yonhap has a very interesting editorial (a kind of ‘suspicious cat’ looking at Pres Moon):

“On the critical issue of security, too, Uncle Sam will most likely raise an issue of Seoul’s allegedly “lukewarm” attitudes about putting substantial pressure on Pyongyang. Succumbing to the international community’s call for even-tougher sanctions on North Korea, the South Korean government on Monday hurriedly announced a list of its own sanctions through the government bulletin. But the action could be seen as a “symbolic” step that falls way short of Washington’s expectations.

We also wonder why Moon had to mention a need for South Korea to play the role of “diplomatic balancer” between Washington and Beijing in Friday’s interview with foreign media. The question of South Korea promoting its national interest by keeping some distance from both America and China could be a topic worth considering. But Moon’s choice of timing, four days before Trump’s trip to Seoul, is not good.”

This is getting too long so I will make another post addressing why I think APEC and ASEAN are more important than the State visits to SK and China.

A final source in one place if you want to dazzle folks with your knowledge of SK thinking on the President’s visit: All the editorials in the SK dailies (in English and clickable here):

7. chbailey says:

What an honor it is to be able to participate in the coverage of our POTUS and our First Lady from the excellent Conservative Tree House.

8. Pam says:

9. sundance says:

10. Old Lady says:

Man, do I feel blessed today.

11. chooseamerica says:

I know President Trump doesnt sleep alot of hours but that they didnt want him to get worn out on this trip like his last one.

Can anyone tell with this heavy schedule and all the time zone changes how many hous they have to rest before they have to get going again? That schedule in Japan yesterday seemed absolutely brutal.

12. A2 says:

I will ignore the binning by EVIL wordpress. As promised, I have some points to make about why I think that this SK visit and the other state visit to China is less important to the APEC and ASEAN meetings.

Firstly, China is planning a State visit plus. Bells and whistles all to impress the US of China’s entry as a world power. Emperor Xi has now demanded total allegiance to himself from the armed forces personally, not the country as in the past. Some MOUs will be signed on trade, noises about NK (from China), but I doubt anything unexpected.

What the US foreign policy club has missed, as they argue and nit-pick about Asia-Pacific or Indo-Pacific in the Administration’s rhetoric, is the seismic shift in foreign policy under President Trump.

APEC is more interesting, especially since on 3 November our ally, Australia, has meet with Vietnam to cement military cooperative ties. Australia is part of the ‘Indo-Pacific’ strategy.

Pres Xi has quickly added a formal trip to Vietnam and Laos after the close of APEC. He is worried and playing ‘catch-up ball’.

On the “Indo-side’ Emperor Xi has sent a coded message about a quad lateral arrangement between, the US, India, Japan and Australia. He is worried.

India has also enlisted the US in the threats of Chinese influence (and lots of dosh) in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/china-role-in-indian-ocean-region-india-discusses-maldives-turmoil-with-us/articleshow/61514665.cms?

Finally, though as I said before the “Paradise Papers’ is a big nothing burger as it relates to the Trump administration, precisely because of the rule of law in the US for disclosure, not so for China. Emperor root out corruption XI, that has worked to his benefit against his opposition now has been hoisted on his own petard.
    “Relatives of some of China’s most powerful politicians were named in the Paradise Papers, such as Xi Jinping 习近平 and Jia Qinglin 贾庆林. Li Xiaolin 李小琳, the daughter of former premier Li Peng 李鹏, who has herself held several official positions, is also included.
    Patrick Henri Devillers, the French business partner of Gu Kailai 谷开来, the convicted murderer and wife of fallen senior leader Bo Xilai 薄熙来, is also in the Paradise Papers.
    The 2016 Panama Papers, a similar leak of data about offshore financial activities, included many of the same names from China and other countries.
    The Xi Jinping relative in the Paradise Papers is Deng Jiagui 邓家贵, who was also in the Panama Papers, as well as in Bloomberg’s 2012 report (paywall) on the wealth of Xi’s family members.”

I’m having a laugh

13. FL_GUY says:

It is so wonderful to have a President and First Lady that we can be proud of after 3 decades (OMG has it been 30 years already?) of doing without. President Trump is a great man and these foreign leaders recognize it. First Lady Melania exudes charm, grace, warmth and poise. She always coordinates her outfits to be congruent with the situation and people she is meeting. Classic beauty, great intelligence and a genuine love of people, just like President Trump. It always makes me feel good to see them together; it’s powerful and it’s real..

14. Beverly says:

I am COVETING that coat, Madame Trump. WOW.
    Couldn’t wear the sky-high stilettos without breaking my neck, but the coat? YUM.
    Like the kiss of parting, too; nice touch.

15. TONYA PARNELL says:

TRUMP 2020

16. “President Trump joins US forces at Camp Humphreys for lunch. “Good food,” he says.”

HAHA! a man of the people

MAGA!!!!!

17. Melania Trump is PERFECTION – and The President is like a force of nature

what more could you want?

18. WOW!

19. LULU says:

Coat is not “fat” from the side. It’s the Delpozo sleeves. In the first photos she was surrounded by men in dark suits so the silhouette from the front looked very bulky indeed!

20. TwoLaine says:

Melania reminds me a lot of Audrey Hepburn aka Audrey Kathleen Hepburn-Ruston. Another beautiful and talented lady. She also spoke many languages.

21. Bendix says:

I can see where the SK trepidation is coming from, I would be nervous about some outside government coming in and potentially making things worse for the people closest to the problem too.
    It isn’t as if US officials haven’t done that sort of thing before.
    I think getting to see our president up close and personal is going to go a long way to reassure people that he isn’t the uninformed loose cannon they’ve likely heard he is.
    I’m thinking of that hospital visit he made in Las Vegas, where people who previously had a negative view of him were favorably impressed.

22. Ted says:

Dear Sundance

Never can I express enough my appreciation for all you and your supporters do to make this the most amazing site on the Internet today. I have always realized so much was wrong. You have put the pieces together for me like no other.

I just wanted you to know that your work is not in vain. I am one of your Evangelists.

Here is the post I just put on Personal Liberty. It is under the Article –
    Prepare for War: As Trump tours Asia, all eyes on North Korea

Ted Theodore
    2 hours ago
    I have been a faithful reader of Personal Liberty for many years now. But since the election of President Donald Trump I gain very little from this site. Though I still receive your newsletter, I find and realize most of your articles are just swamp stink.

Does PL honestly not realize that PDT will never go to war with N Korea? That NK is merely a puppet of China. That this is an economic battle that our President is shaping with China. That PDT will no longer allow China to f**k the USA. That he is leveraging our superior economic position to force China to disarm N Korea in exchange for a less severe final economic outcome for China. That he is building a magnificent alliance between USA Japan S Korea India Vietnam Saudia Arabia and the Philipines to counter China economically.

Why does PL continue to beat this war drum and smear the best President we have had in decades? What is PL’s agenda? I really wonder ? Please wake up and clear your minds. Soon I will unsubscribe and mark you as Junk Mail.