Presidential Schedule: The Trumps in Japan – A Weekend at Abe’s…

President Trump and First Lady Melania depart Hawaii at 7:20am (local) / 1:20pm (EST) Saturday for their flight to Japan.  This should be an enjoyable portion of the 12-day trip as President Trump and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe are good friends, and Mrs. Melania Trump and Mrs. Akie Abe have met several times and have a good relationship.

On Sunday morning, President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump will arrive in Tokyo, Japan. The President and the First Lady will participate in a Yokota Air Base event. In the afternoon, the President will have lunch with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan and professional Japanese golfer Mr. Hideki Matsuyama. The President will then golf with Prime Minister Abe and Mr. Hideki Matsuyama. In the evening, the President and the First Lady will have dinner with Prime Minister Abe and Mrs. Akie Abe.

♦ 10:45am (local) / 9:45pm (EST) THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Tokyo, Japan.

♦ 11:00am (local) / 10:00pm (EST) THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in a Yokota Air Base troop event. – Yokota Air Base, Japan

♦ 12:05pm (local) / 11:05pm (EST) THE PRESIDENT has lunch with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan and professional Japanese golfer Mr. Hideki Matsuyama. – Kasumigaseki Country Club, Kawagoe, Japan

♦ 12:45pm (local) / 11:45pm (EST) THE PRESIDENT golfs with Japanese Prime Minister Abe and Mr. Hideki Matsuyama. – Kasumigaseki Country Club, Kawagoe, Japan

♦ 7:35pm (local) / 5:35am (EST) THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY have dinner with Prime Minster Abe and Mrs. Akie Abe – Ginza Ukai Tei, Tokyo, Japan

The Lion Visits The Bamboo Forest

(Via Reuters) […]  President Trump will also have a state call with the Imperial Family at Akasaka Palace during his visit. Abe and Trump will meet families of Japanese citizens abducted by North Korea.

Joined by his wife Melania on part of the trip, Trump’s tour of Asia is the longest by an American president since George H.W. Bush in 1992. Besides Japan, he will visit South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Trump extended the trip by a day on Friday when he agreed to participate in a summit of East Asian nations in Manila.

[…] Trump’s trip is to be dominated by trade and how to muster more international pressure on North Korea to give up nuclear weapons.

“We’ll be talking about trade,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Friday. “We’ll be talking about obviously North Korea. We’ll be enlisting the help of a lot of people and countries and we’ll see what happens. But I think we’re going to have a very successful trip. There is a lot of good will.”

Trump has rattled some allies with his vow to “totally destroy” North Korea if it threatens the United States and his dismissal of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as a “rocket man” on a suicide mission.

White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster, briefing reporters on Friday, defended Trump’s colorful language.  “What’s inflammatory is the North Korean regime and what they’re doing to threaten the world,” McMaster said.

Trump will seek a united front with the leaders of Japan and South Korea against North Korea before visiting Beijing to make the case to Chinese President Xi Jinping that he should do more to rein in Pyongyang.

Trade will factor heavily during Trump’s trip as he tries to persuade Asian allies to agree to trade policies more favorable to the United States.

A centerpiece of the trip will be a visit to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Danang, Vietnam, where he will deliver a speech in support of a free and open Indo-Pacific region, which is seen as offering a bulwark in response to expansionist Chinese policies. (read more)

This entry was posted in ASEAN, Donald Trump, Economy, Japan, media bias, Melania Trump, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to Presidential Schedule: The Trumps in Japan – A Weekend at Abe’s…

1. God, please Bless our President and First Lady. Protect them on their trip to Asia. Amen.

2. Ericb says:

This is the greatest President of our generation. I only hope he knows how much he’s cherished and loved by the majority of the country.

Thank You Sir!

3. fedback says:

Ivanka was treated like a Queen. Dining with PM Abe. Shinzo Abe clearly appreciates his friendship with President Trump.
    Nice touch from Abe that they will be golfing with world no 4 Hideki Matsuyama

4. Publius2016 says:

God bless President Trump, family and friends…can’t wait to see all bacon you bring back to our shores…No more Mr. Nice Guy…R E C I P R O C A L…

5. xyzlatin says:

The Japanese are golf mad but can’t afford it as the few clubs are so exclusive. Some years ago, Iwasaki built a golfing resort in sub tropical Yeppoon in Queensland, Australia, so Japanese could holiday in the tropics at the beach and golf, their dream holiday. They would be impressed by Pres Trump (a) owning so many actual golf courses around the world and in USA, and (b), that he is a top golfer himself. This will get a lot of publicity and favorable attention in Japan.

• olderwiser21 says:

XYZ – Did you ever see a video of Barry’s golf swing? It was pretty embarrassing – that and his stupid shorts, skinny legs, and white socks. What a maroon……

6. elleb77 says:

Melanie won’t be with him on the whole trip?

7. maiingankwe says:

I couldn’t help but imagine rocketman pacing the whole time our President Trump is visiting all of these countries. I’m sure he will drive China nuts by demanding they tell him what is being said and going on without him. Too funny. I’m sure he will be dying to test another missile, but I really can’t imagine him being that bloody daft. I can see him telling off China and how lousy their spies are, but not the missile launching.

I saw a click bait article on how no one attended, or barely attended Ivanka’s speech in Japan. All I could think of is did they take the picture hours before or after. I never clicked on the article, no reason too. I would think if she is loved in China, the Japanese probably think highly of her as well along with Vietnam and the others. She is a beautiful, highly intelligent and graceful lady with impeccable manners.

I look forward to watching this all play out here at CTH, there is no place better. I just hope Sundance will be able to get some good sleep between it all.
    Be well good Treepers,
    Ma’iingankwe

• maiingankwe says:

I meant to say, there is no better place. Sorry, way too early for my brain to properly function. I’m sure there are more mistakes too, please ignore them.

• fleporeblog says:

Rocketman 🚀 realizes that over the next 11 days, his life and his country are as close to being whipped off the face of the Earth 🌏 than at any other time. We have are B2 nuclear carrying planes ✈️ humming just miles away from North Korea 🇰🇵. Any missile that he would launch would have those planes ✈️ drop destruction and death 💀 within minutes.

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you for the informative video, and it even took me down memory lane…

A long time ago, my Dad and I were just hanging out in the living room when I remembered him bursting out with something like this, “Finally! Now I can talk about it!” As he was waving a picture of the B-2 from the Readers Digest in front of me. When he first waved it in front of me I will never forget I had originally thought it was an alien space craft or something, I’m serious! I had never seen a plane like that in all of my years as an Air Force Brat.

I don’t remember how long my Dad and I sat there going down memory lane, and I don’t remember much of the conversation, just his first intitial reaction and lots of numbers coming out that made no sense to me. He was just so darn happy he could finally talk about one of the many secrets he had held while in service. He was like a kid with the excitement of Christmas morning. Good memory.

Thank you Fleporeblog! Be well and stay smiling!
        Ma’iingankwe

• Minnie says:

Well, dang, Felice, that does give reassurance.

Thank you!

• Maquis says:

And she wore a Cherry Blossom dress.

• signer1 says:

I don’t think China is the ideal destination to speak of women’s rights in a country where virtually all of the people are oppressed. As far as Japan, maybe The General Assembly limited her audience, for whatever reason. I think she’s perfectly lovely and very accomplished.

8. fedback says:

Shinzo Abe as Super Mario, from Rio Olympics closing ceremony. Tokyo will be hosting the 2020 Olympic Games

9. Dora says:

The Daily Mail has some great pictures of the trip so far..

President Trump and the First Lady at the Pearl Harbor memorial. Beautiful.

10. TheLastDemocrat says:

Why such a long trip?
    Speculation: if the Uniparty was making money by selling / giving away U.S BLM mineral rights, and giving away public (other people’s) money for foreign companies to buy the uranium, and this includes Russia and Iran, and somehow EU is mixed up in this, then the president will need some countervailing allies in uninvolved countries to counter-weight this. Possibly to draw upon international pressure, and foreign intelligence to follow the money – it cannot be followed by U.S. agencies since they are corrupt.

IOW: Trump may need international allies to bring down this level of corruption. These allies could be Japan, et al.

11. webgirlpdx says:

Our President and PM Abe. Old friends catching up……

12. I am once again in awe of how much energy he has. I traveled to Asia in my old job, and the travel and time difference wore me out. The schedule above has him hitting the ground running. Even with all the perks of AF1 and his private staff, it still is more than your typical 9-5 job. Love my President!

13. Publius2016 says:

• Publius2016 says:

What’s he doing there? Read that President Trump hated his son-in-Law…can’t trust Extreme Media!

• A2 says:

• singingsoul says:

A2 says:
          “You obviously haven’t read the comments trashing his wife on the other thread. It was as if the left-wing media (who trashed her also) was running wild on CTH.”
          _________________________________
          You are referring to the super shot pink skirt and the very long legs sticking out from under it…? I say nothing even though I used to work in fashion industry. I think the photos speak for themselves. Often people do not see themselves as others do and when Ivanka sees herself in a photo she will see what we do. I sure changes will be made.
          We need to do say anything she knows.
          By the way it is unfair to call people who voice their opinions as trashing Ivanka.

• Tegan says:

A2…disagree with your statement. Most posters were not “trashing” Ivank but rather what she chose to wear for her major speech. Big difference.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Obviously some people have not been to Japan lately. Most women, especially working women in their mid 30s and under, dress in pants or skirt suits. When in skirts, most fall above the knee.
          If Ivanka was a size 12 or bigger, or even 10 years older I’d say she should have worn something with a longer skir..
          I stand with Ivanka on her apparel.
          Yes there are a few countires that her pink suit would not have fit in due to the length of the skirt.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

That’s what I was thinking – the Trumps are very conscious of the culture and customs of the countries they are visiting. As Ivanka is young, her fashion style would go with that. There are a lot of other “young” styles popular there that are downright crazy (in my eyes).

We had a Eurovision song contest singer who looked almost like a Sailor Moon character. Young’uns can get away with it 🙂

14. A2 says:

Welcome to Asia Mr President and First Lady Melania! A weekend with friends.
    日本へようこそ!

15. wodiej says:

My eyes welled up when I seen the pics everyone posted, especially Dora. God continue to bless our President and First Lady and God Bless America.

16. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Hanoi –
    who else would love to see PDJT get handed a thick John McCain dossier while he’s there 😉

17. Maquis says:

Everywhere Melania goes, enchantment follows.

18. Missing Andrew says:

19. The “Beast” is there also….

20. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Niiiiice!!! Melania, pretty as ever..

21. Carolina Kat says:

Thanks to all those posting graphics and photos! Great information as always, Sundance. Such a pleasure to read about our President with such pride in my chest. Gone are the days I’d cringe about the ways our X would trash us, bowing and scraping abroad. What an embarrassment he was – and that wife! Omar the Tentmaker probably did the best he could with what he had to work with fashionwise, but there were days when wrapping the XFL in a tablecloth would have been an improvement. The contrast between the two administrations is not lost on me. Thanks be to God for his mercy and continued provision of our President and his family.

I think the Vietnam inclusion is a very interesting part of the trip – Da Nang and Hanoi. I hadn’t considered the McCain connection.. Hmm…. Vietnam is also a strong trading partner. When the TPP was canceled the big thing that changed was who picked the winners and losers on that deal. In making binary deals, President Trump changes the dynamic back to “winners are the ones not trying to rob us”. Vietnam is a willing partner in this regard. Instead of who gets to gouge us the most as we surrender our sovereignty, it’s now on for who has the best deal to offer us. President Trump is burying the TPP right where it started. I hope that grinds the globalists’ teeth down to the gums.

The part of the trip that worries me falls near the end. I am fervently praying that all possible that can be done is done and done well to protect our President. Nobody is working harder to ensure a better future for all of us and our families.

• I know someone that found a tailor in Vietnam that could do a custom order. They shipped the fabric to the tailor but customs wanted so much money to release the fabric that it ended up stuck there. Everything needs to flow both ways.

22. fedback says:

The President and First Lady arrive in a few hours. Please post links if you find something interesting, perhaps Japanese live streams

23. President and First lady enjoy amicable friendship with Japanese Prime minister and his wife. They have dinner then plan a golf outing. Talking trade, plenty of goodwill for everyone involved. Meanwhile back in America, growing economy, manufacturing jobs coming back, patriotism soars and the Democrats are cannibalizing each other. What a beautiful day! MAGA

24. Patriot1783 says:

Air Force One just touched down in Japan.

25. fedback says:

The President and First Lady arrive in Japan
    Live stream

26. Lucille says:

LIVE NOW ON RIGHT SIDE BROADCASTING…