BREAKING:  According to Tish Clark the jury in the trial of Quinton Tellis  for the murder of Jessica Chambers, has reached a verdict:

MISTRIAL!

After an afternoon of absolute chaos in the jury deliberation process the jury states they are deadlocked. The judge in the trial of Quinton Tellis declares a mistrial.

Unfortunately, despite a jury selected from outside the area, the trial appears to have broken down along almost identical social and racial lines evident in the initial case and investigation.  Family of Quinton Tellis, identified as carrying severe hatred toward Chambers, cheering outside the courtroom.  And the family of Jessica Chambers despondent with the outcome.

EARLIER:

Holy cow:

3:15pm EST – Apparently the jury came into the courtroom and announced a verdict of “not guilty”. However, when the judge polled the jury there were multiple “guilty” decisions.  The jury was not unanimous.   The judge then instructed the jury that a decision “guilty” or “not guilty” must be a unanimous verdict and sent them back into deliberations.

EARLIER:

Awaiting announcement…

WHAT THE?....

Tellis is accused of capital murder in the burning death of 19-year-old Jessica Lane Chambers. Prosecutors believe that Tellis had sex with Chambers before he set her and her car on fire and left her to die the night of Dec. 6, 2014, in Courtland Mississippi. Chambers died hours later in a hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Fire Crime, justice for jessica, Police action. Bookmark the permalink.

659 Responses to Final Update: MISTRIAL Verdict Reached in Jessica Chambers Murder Trial – *Update1* Maybe – *Update2* “NOT GUILTY” – *Update3* “Note Quite” – *Update4* Mistrial…

1. georgiafl says:

Let’s just hope and pray for more and new evidence to come to light.

Hope they have much more evidence in the other murder case.

2. Raven says:

For the next 3 months I am on “Jury Duty.” I may be called to serve during that time, I may not be, but I will take jury duty seriously and do my best to be as fair as possible.

30 years ago I was a juror in a trial in Minneapolis. When you are a juror and hear the Judge’s instructions at the end of a trial many things suddenly appear different. You are told to do certain things and not to do other things, and some of those things are not quite what you had expected or want to do. . .but that is what you are told needs to be done.

As I deliberated a man’s criminal destiny with a group of strangers I watched as my fellow jurors did what they were not supposed to do and did not do what they were supposed to do. They did not care what the Judge’s instructions were and their actions showed it.

After everything was over I spoke to someone on the Judge’s staff and told them about some of what had gone on during deliberation. Two weeks later I was in the Judge’s office along with both attorneys and questioned about what took place.

I do not know what happened to the case I had been a juror on after meeting with those three men; 30 years ago I was so disgusted with the process I did not care to find out. As I’ve gotten older though I have often wondered if the man whose livelihood and life rested in the hands of 12 strangers was made better or worse due to my actions.

I pray most of all that unlike the people whose prejudices were of utmost importance in Jessica’s murder, that justice was well served back then, and one day it will be for Jessica also.

• CC says:

I have done jury duty as well…it is one of the most precious and blessed rights given us in the Constitution….it must be taken seriously. Raven, that was an awesome story…and thank you for your diligence…That is what protects the little people against the totalitarian desires of the elitists in power in any country…that is what sets us apart…to have people use it as a tool for an agenda is horrendous.

3. closerlook41 says:

It has always been exceedingly hard for me to believe that Jessica was not already very much in shock, and the fact that she was so gravely injured that nothing she said came out more than marginally intelligible should have been hammered home much more than it was. Even saying her name was almost impossible, and came out distorted. The prosecution allowed the defense to get away with that, after basically promising that by trials end, that would not be a point of contention.

• distracted2 says:

I agree. In fact, it’s my opinion that the prosecution drew so much attention to her words, especially during his opening, it made it impossible to discount.

A competent attorney would have grilled the witnesses about what they heard and would have provided expert testimony to refute the idea that she was capable of coherent speech, whether he believed it or not.

A competent attorney would have shown that because the first responders didn’t know her and didn’t even recognize her, it’s possible they didn’t understand her given that she couldn’t even pronounce her own name.

This case has been doomed since the beginning by everyone who should have put justice for Jessica first.

And can I just say that I really want to slap that smile off of Quinton’s face.

4. Mitro Roman says:

I look forward to this animal, murderer, and thug to receive justice. There is no doubt he will, but I hope sooner rather than later. And shame on the blacks who support him just because he’s black.

5. Mr. Morris says:

I agree Georgiafl. There were so many odious people that were part of Jessica Chambers world. Gangs, drugs, sex, violence, race, hateful behavior and language were part of it too. There seemed to be more than one person who might want to harm Jessica. I hope the prosecution will present better evidence if and when there is another trial. Jessica Chambers death was so horrible. There needs to be justice for her.

6. there is a thing called JURY NULLIFICATION.
    Judges WONT TELL a jury about it, but a JURY IS THE STRONGEST WAY WE THE PEOPLE HAVE IN STOPPING TYRANNY.
    a JURY CAN JUDGE BOTH THE LAW AND FACTS AND NO JUDGE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO VOTE.
    so remember this ANY FUTURE JURIES OUT THERE.

7. closerlook41 says:

Raven, I also sat on a jury trial where a woman had burned her upscale log home for the insurance money. When the jury first began deliberations, it was 11-1 to award her the money, even though evidence was compelling that she and her boyfriend had torched it. I was the 1…. by the time I was through applying data point after date point, it was 10-2 in the other direction. The main point I want to make was that the other two did not deny anything I said… one even told me,”you know, you’re probably right, she probably did burn it down. My thoughts are that insurance companies own the world, and I’m for giving her the money.”

We ended in a hung jury….

• USMCLt says:

The other two jurors in your log house burning trial sound like excellent examples of the many ignorant “useful idiots” we have populating this country, masquerading as responsible American citizens.

8. MaineCoon says:

Someone upthread questioned whether or not the jury foreman would be dealt with for declaring a non guilty verdict when it wasn’t unanimous as required under law. Contaminating a verdict is serious. Below is a lengthy publication by Pace Law School entitled, “Contaminating The Verdict: The Problem Of Juror Misconduct.” The following of interest.

On p. 22, the issue of Nullification is addressed. “Jury nullification is understood as a refusal by a jury to apply the law as instructed by the court. Nullification has been condemned as “lawless,” an “aberration,” and a “denial of due process.” As one court observed, [a] jury has no more “right” to find a “guilty” defendant “not guilty” than it has to find a “not guilty” defendant “guilty,” and the fact that the former cannot be corrected by a court, while the latter can be, does not create a right out of the power to misapply the law.

A judge has the power to remove a juror for various reasons, but this issue specifically has little case law although what there is supports the judge’s power of remove for nullification. “The major difficulty in administering this power is being able to conduct an appropriate investigation into the allegation without jeopardizing the secrecy of jury deliberations.”

“The often difficult question is whether the juror favors acquittal because the juror is purposefully disregarding the judge’s instruction on the law or whether the jurors is simply not persuaded by the government’s evidence.”

This article describes other methods jurors use which might apply in this case. I’m just referencing one.

Removing a juror is difficult. The judge did the right thing to send them back to continue deliberation until they reached a unanimous verdict. He knew they wouldn’t and then he would/should declare a mistrial. That would not be questioned where a removal could.

Upthread at 4:24 pm I prayed that God would intervene and His will be done.

I believe that prayer was answered. That jury foreman declared a non guilty verdict. Immediately one juror was moved to defy all odds or at least judicial protocol and speak the truth forth rightly — that it was not unanimous and when the judge questioned, it sounded like he repeated his statement and added that at least he didn’t agree with it.

Yes. I believe God intervened.

One juror stood for truth. Tellis thought he got away with it. Many thought so. The not guilty verdict was retracted. In that sense justice was done. Due to the total courtroom chaos of this event, retracting a non guilty verdict conversely projects the unspoken pronouncement of guilty. It hangs in the air. A cloud. Forever tainted, just like others in that courtroom.

I thank God for intervening.

• JohnP says:

On September 21st, Champion stated in the press that the jury was being selected on Oct 9th in Magnolia. In a town of 2,300 it would have been easy for the Vice Lords or BLM to identify and advise potential jurors or their families what would happen to them if Tellis was convicted.

It’s just a theory , but if you can prove it, it’s a felony.

• MaineCoon says:

I haven’t read all the details because it was so horrific. I had no idea the jury was only selected from Magnolia, a town of 2,300 people. They needed a larger jury pool and they really just should hve started with a change of venue.

This was a doomed distaster from the get go. No setting foot in MS or a few other states. No justice if it’s needed.

9. Flawless Strategy says:

So, what’s this about a Cotton Stalk?!

“In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer [was] Booted After Catching Judge Gift[ing] Cotton Stalk to White Reporter.”

LawNewz claims that the judge gave a female reporter a stalk of cotton:
    LawNewz reporter, Melissa Jones says, “the judge dug up a cotton plant and brought it to some girl in the media.”

I guess she saw him digging it up in the field, right? Then saw him hand it to the reporter?

They claim they know this for a fact – that the judge gave it to her. Yet, in their article they never once mention “how” they “know” this. They just make this assertion about 3 times.
    The only thing remotely close to evidence that they offer is: “Our reporting, from multiple sources at the courthouse, supports that the judge was behind the gift to the female reporter.” Well that’s all the proof I need…

(Disclaimer: Not saying it didn’t happen, just saying they don’t reveal any facts at all; merely assertions. Is suspicious.)

And I guess it’s supposed to be racist… Probably like that woman who merely saw a cotton stalk in a Hobby Lobby art store and claimed she was offended and it was racist… lol That there could never be any use for cotton in art… huh?! Always stretching; looking for racism everywhere. smh

• Dixie says:

The fact that the cotton stalk was so obviously and blatantly racial, I cannot imagine any judge being that stupid unless it was a liberal judge who wanted to throw the case. I have no such qualms about calling it a set up. It falls in the same category with the noose hanging from a tree on a university campus as well as other set ups happening on university campuses. Only the blacks would think that’s a good idea, let’s do it and blame it on whitey.

Listen, I was raised in a county which was almost 70% black. I have no racial bias and neither did anyone in my family. We all lived together very peacefully, no theft, no murder, no violence. But that was then and this is 50 years later and a lot has changed, most especially the attitudes of many blacks, especially the young adults. And as I’ve commented before, there is a lot of hate on the streets and in stores being displayed….unfriendly and menacing more so than ever before in my lifetime. I’m unhappy about it and go out of my way to be cordial to everyone, even trying to engage in pleasant conversation – but it’s just doesn’t seem to help with the hateful looks and attitudes.

• Lou says:

What’s wrong with a cotton stalk. My family as far back as I know were cotton farmers and pickers. Gad has everything controlled by the Black people now.

• dayallaxeded says:

This vilification of cotton is really POing me! My petite, white grandmother’s scarred hands were from her work picking cotton, among other field work during the Great Depression–same for her sisters. Brothers had worse stories from WPA labor camps.

In a rough NOLA neighborhood there was, up until the last couple of years, an elderly corner store owner who would plant a patch of cotton on a large median strip across from his store. He said he wanted his kids to know something about the crop that brought them here and in honor of what they’d overcome.

Dumbazz SJWs/perpetual victims will never get it and as a result, will never amount to anything and will have lost perspective on their history that they could be proud of and build on. Tragic/stupid.

• andyocoregon says:

Yes, she was very foolish and it cost her her life in a very painful way. We can only hope other young women will learn from this horrible event.

• waltherppk says:

What are the statistics for the increased risk of abuse including murder for a white woman involved with a black man compared with the risk for a white woman involved with a white man? I don’t know the statistic but can guarantee you the risk is orders of magnitude greater. There is a direct association between racism and the way in which women of one race are treated by men of a differing race. The rape of a black woman by a white man is a virtually non-existent crime which completely contradicts the entire narrative that by nature white people are racist. If white people were actually racist by nature then the news would be filled with incidents of black women being brutally abused by white men. So the entire “white racism” narrative is simply a damn lie told to deceive people about where the systemic racism actually resides. Self-segregation by blacks is another evidence of entrenched “black identity racism”. So indeed there is division along racial lines and racial hatred and nearly all of it is owned by blacks, and by many overwhelming evidences that is the truth.

• MaineCoon says:

You present a well thought out presentation which on face value I believe to be true although I don’t have any no stats. Thanks for connecting the dots.

• jello333 says:

“Self-segregation by blacks…”

Yeah. Remember what we discovered as we researched the GZ case? Trayvon’s Facebook page showed all black “friends”, ONLY black friends. And looking at those friends’ and relatives’ pages? THEY all had pretty much ONLY black contacts, pictures, “friends”. I think I remember maybe one of two non-blacks out of several hundred altogether. Now just going by the demographics of the country and of Florida, it’s basically a mathematical impossibility for that to be by chance. In other words, Trayvon and his acquaintances CHOSE to associate solely with black people.

(Remind me again how “racist” George was…)

• katzkiner says:

The last number I heard was that a White female with a black intimate partner was 13 times more likely to be the victim of a femicide.
          This year almost all sites dealing with black on White crime have been scrubbed from the net.
          Good luck finding any current info.

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

I attempted to post the following yesterday, waltherppk, (https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/15/verdict-watch-jury-deliberating-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case/comment-page-1/#comment-4500584) but it didn’t survive moderation; it’s a description of a major dynamic in the sexual exploitation of young white females by black males, the results of which are devastating beyond the homicides, including the stat that 92.3 percent of babies born of white women by black sires are outside wedlock, and over 80 percent of them end up supported by welfare:

It’s just over 59 miles by road from Money, MS, to Courtland, MS, and just over 59 years between the murders of Emmett Till and Jessica Chambers in those respective locales.

Jessica Chambers’ murder is a direct legacy of the success The Left made for its cause of destroying our society out of the murder of Emmett Till. The effect of this Leftist ‘Emmett Till Doctrine’ propaganda has been that ever since the publicity surrounding his murder and the acquittal of the perpetrators, we have had an unwritten rule in our society that it is impermissibly racist for any white authority figure including white parents to do anything to shield white girls from black male sexual predation in schools or anywhere else in our society where black males have access to social interface with white girls. Sexual predation is any act of aggression spoken or otherwise made by a male in an effort to use a female for sex rather than honorable courtship. Black males are extremely aggressive in this way and their most basic tactic when spurned by a white female is to activate the psychological impact of the Till Doctrine by saying “you’re not racist, are you” which has worked to get countless white girls to “voluntarily” start down the path of sex with black guys, a path that ended for Jessica in death just as it has brought destruction or the end to the lives of thousands of white females under The Emmett Till Doctrine.

Till, 5’8″, 160 lbs, physically and verbally accosted a 105 lbs (Jessica’s size) married woman as she worked the family store alone in a rural outback, telling her he wanted sex with her. When she escaped his grasp he pursued and grabbed her by the waist with both hands continuing to express his intentions for sex. His cousin watching from outside after being told by Till of Till’s intention beforehand ran into the store, grabbed Till and pulled him out the front door. The woman in mortal fear then sprinted out the front door to retrieve a pistol from under the seat of the family vehicle parked there. As she ran past, Till, still being restrained by his cousin, whistled at her. The left portrayed his whistling as his only act of aggression and cast his death as the result of a black having whistled at a white woman.

A few days later her husband returned home from a trip out of town working the cotton harvest and was told by a local black man of Till’s attack on his wife which she had not mentioned for fear of starting trouble. The husband with his half brother and a few of their black employees went in the middle of the night to the home where the visiting Chicagoan Till was staying and demanded his surrender. They took him and beat him, they said to teach him a lesson but post acquittal admitted that his insistence that he could approach any woman of his choosing without regard to her marital status or lack of consent motivated them to keep beating him until he died.

Till was murdered, but the left has turned his legacy into one of their most successful efforts in the destruction of morality and the sanctity of feminine chastity.

• dayallaxeded says:

I’ve also read that Till’s actions were baited by local blacks who wanted to put the uppity northerner in his place within their own social structure. He was then ratted out by his black “brothers” and killed. Same MO as slavery–where stronger, more savvy Africans captured and sold their “bretheren & sisteren” into slavery. Yet, the Till “lynching” is somehow about whites’ attitude toward blacks? It’s not ironic, it’s just a straight up lie.

10. bitterlyclinging says:

Getting Mississippi back for Andrew Chaney, Mickey Schwerner, and Andrew Goodman.
    Justice? Meh!

11. Your're Back says:

Off topic….but needs to be said. Mods please! Now that the trial is over, can we Treepers get another memorial set in place at the sight of the burning…or nearby…something? This atrocity must not neither be forgotten in the public mind nor in the hearts of Mississippians.

12. mark4trump says:

“There is a sobbing of the strong,
    And a pall upon the land;
    But the People in their weeping
    Bare the iron hand:
    Beware the People weeping
    When they bare the iron hand.”

Herman Melville – “The Martyr” Written in response to Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.