President Trump Holds Impromptu Tarmac Presser (Video)…

Just prior to boarding Air-Force One, President Donald Trump holds an impromptu presser answering questions about the anti-American behaviors of the NFL by some of those within the organization.

For Immediate Release September 24, 2017 – PRESS GAGGLE – BY PRESIDENT TRUMP – Morristown Municipal Airport – Morristown, New Jersey – 4:26 P.M. EDT

Q Should the players who kneeled down be fired?

THE PRESIDENT: (Inaudible.)

Q Should the players who kneeled down today be fired?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think the owners should do something about it. I think it’s very disrespectful to our flag and to our country. So I certainly think the owners should do something about it.

There was great solidarity — I watched a little bit. I was not watching the games today, believe me — I’m doing other things. But I watched a little bit, and I will say that there was tremendous solidarity for our flag and for our country.

Q Mr. President, when it comes to Roger Goodell (inaudible).

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s okay. Look, he has to take his ideas and go with what he wants. I think it’s very disrespectful to our country. I think it’s very, very disrespectful to our flag.

I like Bob very much, he’s my friend. But he gave me a Super Bowl ring a month ago, right? So he’s a good friend of mine, and I want him to do what he wants to do.

But we have a great country. We have great people representing our country, especially our soldiers, our first responders, and they should be treated with respect. And when you get on your knee and you don’t respect the American flag or the anthem, that’s not being treated with respect.

Q Are you inflaming racial tensions?

THE PRESIDENT: No, this has nothing to do with race. I’ve never said anything about race. This has nothing to do with race or anything else. This has to do with respect for our country, and respect for our flag.

Q Did the Big Six finalize your tax plan yet, do you know?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, we have a tax plan that’s totally finalized. I think it will be terrific. I think it’s going to go through, and it will be the largest tax cut in the history of our country.

Q President Trump, will you meet with Congressman Rohrabacher to discuss a possible pardon for Julian Assange?

THE PRESIDENT: I’ve never heard that mentioned. Really, I’ve never heard that mentioned.

Q Will the corporate rate be 20 percent?

THE PRESIDENT: I hope the corporate rate is going to be 15 percent.

Q But with the plan?

THE PRESIDENT: With the plan? We’ll see what happens, but I hope it’s going to be 15 percent. But it’s going to be substantially lower so we bring jobs back into our country.

Q Do you think the top individual rate will be 35?

THE PRESIDENT: No, we think we’re going to bring the individual rate to 10 percent or 12 percent, much lower than it is right now. This is a plan for the middle class and for companies so they can bring back jobs.

Q Mr. President, do you have a plan to get the healthcare plan through the Senate?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re looking at the healthcare. I mean, I’ve been watching for seven years as the Republicans have been saying “repeal and replace.” Then you have John McCain voting no, for whatever reason. And, by the way, Arizona is one of the biggest beneficiaries. Even the Governor Ducey, is totally in favor of it.

It’s also great for Maine; it’s also great for Alaska. Every state you’re talking about, it happens to be particularly good for. So I don’t know what they’re doing. But you know what? Eventually, we’ll win, whether it’s now or later.

Q Are you willing to work with Democrats on a bipartisan bill?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ll see. We’ll see what happens. But the Republicans have been saying for seven years, “repeal and replace,” and now they have a chance. And the funny thing is, in Arizona it’s up 116 percent. In Maine, it’s way up. In Maine, if you look at what’s going on with Maine, they get a tremendous amount of money with the grants. I mean, if you look at the — with the block grants. You look at Alaska — one of the biggest beneficiary would be Alaska, and these are the people that are against it.

Eventually, we will win on that. My primary focus, I must tell you — and has been from the beginning, as you can imagine — is taxes. I believe we will be successful in the largest tax cut in our country’s history.

Thank you all very much. I’ll see you later.

Q Travel ban — have you made up your mind on restrictions?

THE PRESIDENT: The travel ban: The tougher, the better.

END 4:31 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

265 Responses to President Trump Holds Impromptu Tarmac Presser (Video)…

1. G. Combs says:

Hit the sponsors directly. You do not even have to be a fan or former fan to be insulted. Let them know you will not buy their products given Colin Kaepernick disrespected our country over a year ago and now it is getting worse.

September 23, 2015 NFL Has 32 League-Wide Partners This Season And lists the sponsors

Current list

• Thank you. I’ve been feeling mad and sad all day with no outlet. This is a good start.

• beachgrammie says:

I feeling fine because POTUS brought this to a head, so there was nowhere to hide for teams and team owners today, or in the future. They either condone the foolishness, hide in cowardice of fearing either position, or stand for patriotism. Problems — including people problems — have to be identified before they can be corrected. We are now on that path. POTUS brings things up so they can be discussed, he does not hide from problems. And many Americans likewise no longer ignore this foolishness.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

24 of the 30 teams showed their true colors today. They’re on a roll. How will they top that next week? Maybe they can have some players prance out to midfield and burn Old Glory in effigy and show us how they really feel. RIP ~ NFL

M A G A

• I’m on social media requesting that USAA withdraw their sponsorship of the NFL. I bank with them and they represent military members and families. To me, this is a no brainer.

2. fleporeblog says:

Our President is truly a Lion 🦁! Bob Craft, owner of the New England Patriots, realizes that he and other owners are going to pay dearly for the stupidity of their players. He is a very smart business man that knows how this will end. Deep down inside he understands our President and why he is taking the stance he is taking. Maybe he and the other owners will do the right thing and get rid of Goodell as the commissioner!

3. this team has orders!

4. jeans2nd says:

Re: healthcare bill.
    Pres Trump is still talking about block grants to the states.
    This needs to be re-worded, imo.

Fake News is pushing their own “facts” that the new healthcare bill takes money from Dem states and gives the money to GOP states. This needs to be redefined, imo. That is not what the bill is doing.
    Explained this to friend on Medicaid this afternoon – the folks on Medicaid here are freaking out over the lies they are being told.

There must be another way to present this to counter Fake News lies.
    Hope is on Hope (Hicks).

5. NJF says:

Very funny observation on the kneeling by players.

• RG says:

I have given much thought to this athletic protest movement since learning that the Pittsburg Steelers sat in their locker room today and only one player, a military reserve, ran onto the field to stand for the National Anthem and salute the flag. Needless to say, my stomach turned at the thought of millionaire cowards huddled into the corner snickering about what a super message they must be sending. Hmmmm…..As I continue watching Ken Burn’s movie based on real video taken during the Vietnam conflict I felt so sorry that these fools don’t even know what the flag represents….obviously they don’t, or they would stand and maybe even pray and be grateful to God that it isn’t the North Korean flag.

If in North Korea, Kim would feed their arses to the dogs without giving it a second thought. Disrespect him or his country’s flag and you die. I willl never forgive them and all others who are using sports, the backbone of character building in youth throughout the USA for ruining it for everyone. How dare these cowards!!!

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

What I thought was, you are claiming that you are protesting “oppression”, and yet, you are BOWING down???

So, there’s no rational argument there.

6. PatriotKate says:

There’s an excellent article over at State of the Nation about this being both a distraction and part of Soros’ Purple Revolution. However, IMO pretty much like everything else they engineer, it backfires.

They consistently underestimate the American People. Now, people are getting disgusted with all these un-American antics.

But here’s something else that crossed my mind that President Trump already realizes, but others don’t — he has the power to ask us to take action. What has already happened in the demise of the NFL over the past year just got accelerated. What puzzles me is they had to have known it would backfire on them. They can’t be that stupid. Rule #1. Don’t piss off your customers.

President Trump knows what it means and the Elites may know this will show where the American People stand. We’ve seen this scene many times in the past couple of years.

This will mean that the President knows all he has to do is call on the American People to take action and we will. He’ll know that if he asks us to descend on Washington that we will. The Elites will find out as well. Interesting times we live in.

• nimrodman says:

Good points, Kate, but I’d contend that Pres Trump doesn’t even need to “call us to action”.

Simply by shining some light on the anti-American character of these “protests”, he’s brought much greater public awareness such that “we” will take action on our own.

And as pointed out by several commenters, Pres Trump has “trolled” them and they’ve over-reacted and will continue to make a$$es of themselves and bring their own selves into very, very unflattering illumination.

Game on.
      Or off, I guess.

• beachgrammie says:

Trump Effect. aka Boomerang Effect. 🙂

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

“They can’t be that stupid.”

Who says? Is there an expiration date on stupidity? LOL!

Go look up the word FOOL and FOOLISH in any Bible Concordance and read about what a fool believes, does and acts on.

7. Rex says:

Disowning some distant family as we speak. As far as I’m concerned, they were never my fellow-countrymen.

Let’s make ’em double down and take ownership of their “I hate America” ideology.
    THEN we shame their sorry asses for what they believe.

• beachgrammie says:

The problem is that a large number of Americans are currently unfamiliar with shame.
      But it will be making a comeback.

Some people only experience shame when it becomes blantantly obvious that they’ve been caught redhanded in their schemes or foolishness. Foolishness is only overcome by incontrovertable understanding of being wrong. Common sense overcomes foolishness — an ah ha moment. People avoid the ah ha moment because it brings shame. But then they have to give into it as if they do not heed the ah ha then the cause of shame piles higher and higher.

… i.e., if the ah ha moment reveals you are agreeing with people like Rocket Man, Antifa, Communists, or Socialists, and you are none of those, then ah ha, perhaps you’d better let the ah ha keep you from further shame.

A tidal wave of shame is coming, and its not heading for us.

• sobriquet4u says:

Actually many articles have been written in the past several years concerning the Liberals and their shame tactics. I think a lot of Americans are tired of being “shamed for years by liberals” including me. It’s a tactic that the NFL is trying to use but has backfired. Liberals like to use emotion in their arguments and it’s how they have managed shaming Americans to buy into their “social issues”. Boycotting the NFL has nothing to do with my “shame” but everything to do with my “Pride for America” and anger at those who disrespect it.

• Bruce Fauth says:

the current acronym is TWANLOC,
      Those Who Are No Longer Our Countrymen.
      And truly, thanks to Trump the fire setter, in the words of patriot Samuel Adams
      … it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds.

8. George says:

This will be a monumental victory for President Trump. Their unification of the NFL is not the division that exists. The division was one NFL player divided against the American people not the NFL divided against itself. So they organize the whole damn NFL against the American people. They exposed this evil to all of America and surely will fall. Presidential Awakening.

9. WesternPA says:

The same day that the Pittsburgh Steelers make complete asses of themselves, Pittsburgh’s classy sports franchise; the NHL Stanley Cup Champion Penguins, announce they have accepted an invitation to the White House and will be visiting when their schedule permits.

10. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The Fake News media is already spinning today’s childish mass sit-down-tantrums as a victory for the hate-the-cops crowd. Only 6 out of the 30 teams that played today had no anti-American protests of any kind. Those other 24 teams are dragging down the whole NFL. Americans are watching and we are not dumb. As usual, they are wrong and will fail in their attempts to make it look like the president is losing this argument. Bye, bye National Felons League.

M A G A

11. albrevin says:

if the NFL had dealt with Colon K and his divisiveness from the get-go none of this would be an issue for them. They made their own bed!

12. pam2246 says:

Message to Commissioner Roger Goodell from veteran. Note to the @NFL from a real hero:

“Commissioner,
    I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

“I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

“Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for.

They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not!

My Marines and Soldiers were!
    You are complicit in this!

You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs!

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.
    They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday.

They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice!

Many don’t have legs or arms.
    Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

“Time to change the channel.”

Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret)
    Vista, California

Semper Fi🇺🇸 from a grateful nation

13. Educated Citizen says:

All I see is that a lot of country loving families will be saving a lot of money and having a wonderful family time every Sunday. Thank you Mr President.

14. Mitro Roman says:

The National Anthem (Star Spangled Banner) is so important to our country that when U.S. military bands start playing it, they are required to finish it no matter what. A navy band had started playing the Anthem on the USS Arizona when the Japanese started bombing Pearl Harbor and the Arizona was hit and started to sink. The band continued to play the Anthem to the end. The Arizona exploded violently and sank, with the loss of 1,177 men. True story.

15. Missing Andrew says:

Did anyone knows that Set 24th is GOLD STAR MOTHER’S DAY.

16. quintrillion says:

Well, well, lookie what it says about American flag & National Anthem in the NFL rule book:

17. Rick barker says:

PDJT should take a squad of Wounded Warriors to a front row nfl game and show how Heroes respect our beloved country

18. jbrickley says:

This has been going on long enough. Trump just swiveled a million lumens powered spotlight right on this issue bringing it to the forefront of everyone’s attention. ESPN, NFL, NBA, and Baseball are going to be feeling the sun burn and then they will be hit in the wallet soon enough. Money talks and B.S. walks. Calling out the anti-American bias is precisely what needs to be done and Trump is doing precisely that.

The Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem have been a mainstay in public sporting events for a very long time, since perhaps 1918 when America was at war. This Leftist push to virtue signal and attack America will not be tolerated. They are the ones who have inserted race and politics into professional sports. Time to wake up and take notice. The fans will no longer tolerate this anti-American behavior. To insinuate that this country is racist is very misguided and just plain wrong. Ironically, the true racists are the Leftists themselves.

19. Mike diamond says:

The national failed the american people football league!!!! What a shame!

20. Ranthra says:

So the players are protesting perceived police behavior – I have an idea. How about the police pick a game day and boycott the NFL – No stadium security, no traffic control, no escort services for players’ private parking lots.
    How many of the remaining fan base would dare attend that disaster?

21. The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:
    The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

22. If a news program comes on telling how the NFL did this or that. I turn it off or find something to watch that is not trying to brainwash me. I only watch high school sports. I know those people are my fellow citizens and we share more than money can ever buy.

23. remuda2016 says:

Trump gets better with every ‘hack’ event. Tweets or answers some media ballbuster with his direct thoughts…then goes about his normal business day…draining the swamp…signing EO’s and watching the pot ‘boil’…Ya, Baby,…!