September 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #240

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,158 Responses to September 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #240

1. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Someone above posted a link to a Politico story regarding the Far Left’s anger over Democrats’ willingness to make deals with Trump. That article has one paragraph that is very instructive as to some of the political strategy involved by Team Trump in doing such deals.

“Midterms are typically unkind to the party who controls the White House, and a president with approval ratings in the 30s has Democrats hopeful for a wave in 2018. But giving Trump the sheen of bipartisanship risks boosting his standing and potentially undermining Democrats’ efforts to win back Congress, not to mention the White House in 2020.”

Essentially, Trump can co-opt the Dems to help bolster his own image and “de-Hitler-ize” himself. And that is starting to happen. And Far Left knows it is happening, and the media knows it is happening. And they don’t like it.

The most important part of politics is gaining and retaining power. Without power (holding office), you cannot do anything. So no matter how good or pure your ideas are, without the power you are irrelevant.

Hence, you must devise strategies to gain and maintain power. Particularly as your approval falters. Doing so may mean making deals you would not make if your approval ratings were higher.

That’s political reality. And it is not something that Armchair Purists want to hear, because they are not working to gain any true political power, they are working, instead, for clicks and donations. They can afford to be pure, but those with actual power cannot afford to be so pure. Those on the sidelines don’t know much, as reflected in the Teddy Roosevelt “Man In The Arena” quote Sundance put up in the Trump Florida thread. Those who cannot do talk. They give advice. Even though they’ll never be in the arena themselves.

Donald Trump faced — and still faces — a coup attempt at his presidency. It has greatly weakened his polls. And that weakness will affect the GOP in the 2018 midterms. And that could lead to Trump’s impeachment. And it could lead to his not winning re-election.

Always remember the first rule of politics. Without gaining and retaining power, you are useless and impotent. Everything else, then, is secondary to that goal. And therefore you must make sacrifices to achieve that goal. Even if those sacrifices temporarily anger your base.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Trump is not in the 30s. That is a lie.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Unfortunately, he is in the 30’s in at least Gallup.

Now, Trump’s polls and polling is not the same as other politicians’ polling. Trump’s numbers are likely to be much higher than reported.

Still, we can’t pretend that no damage has been done. It has been, and it needs to get remedied ASAP. For Trump’s own good.

• camulla says:

If we want things to be different, we have to stop talking on the Internet and start going to meetings and engaging in conversations with people in our communities. We have to get candidates in office who back the policies we want and not complain that the administration is being forced to work with Democrats. If we had been engaged in the process for decades, we would not be facing these circumstances.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

It’s a good point. We need to organize more, as the left does.

And it will be a long-term project, as you say.

• mztore says:

We all need to learn how to be eloquent instead of confrontational when speaking our minds. Many times it is the ‘tone’ that sets others off.

• Judith says:

I agree with you Camulla. We fell asleep at the wheel and look what happened. We can straighten it out, but I’ve been hoping that Trump’s team would take the lead in fielding trustworthy candidates to primary the republicans in the 2018 midterm elections. Find us the right people to MAGA and voters will step up to the plate!!

• El Torito says:

Do we have to regurgitate all the fake poll deception? As it was with the primaries and G.E., those who insisted on taking polls seriously struggled to keep up with those who knew they were paid liars. it’s all to generate doubt.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I had no intention of regurgitating a “fake poll.” The poll data was included in the excerpted material I quoted to make a point on strategy.

That data was challenged, and I rebutted the challenge.

Nothing more.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

What damage has been done? From where? This is the same Gallup that had Obama in the 50s before he left office?

• Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

Gallup is unreliable. Ignore polls. They are never right. Like the fake news situation.

• Sylvia Avery says:

And another lie that is told all day long is that either (depending on who is spouting this nonsense) 62 percent or 92 percent of Americans want the precious DACA children to stay.

I mean, think about that for a minute. Do you think if we did a poll and asked people if they liked chocolate ice cream we could get that high of an agreement? No way. And yet these polls, as far as I can tell completely unattributed so we can’t look at the internals, are constantly referred to as the gospel.

Polls lie. They are used to manipulate us.

• Dixie says:

Your comments are always so reasoned and calm and I love reading them.

What I can’t stand is the hysteria I’m seeing again in this thread. Reminds me of the DACA thread a couple of days ago which I finally just quit reading.

I decided to pull away for a bit and educate myself completely on DACA. Read anything I could find to read on it so I am secure in my own opinions and won’t be swayed by others.

The comments here have always been so intelligent, I sometimes allow myself to be influenced by them.

Not so anymore. This has become a crazy house.

But I AM influenced by Sundance and that will continue.

• mztore says:

Agree with you on that Dixie. Decided not to let them get to me any more and make up my own mind.

• Minnie says:

Well done, Dixie. I stopped reading the DACA thread, as well, when it became apparent there was no reasoning by established Treepers with people who’s names I didn’t recognize.

Often times, to disengage is comforting.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Dixie, thank you. I enjoy reading your comments, too.

The last few days have been pretty crazy here, but for the most part it has been imported trolls that have landed on us.

What I hate to see is when people who have an honest difference of opinion snipe at each other and I know they are regular posters.

I think that’s really where the trolls have earned their pay because they have managed to create ugly conflict rather than a reasoned disagreement.

I think you were really wise to pull away for a bit and research DACA on your own. I’ve done some of that as well so at least I know a little bit about it, more anyway than the talking heads.

Right now, I’m hanging on and trusting PDJT. We can’t always get what we want, but maybe sometimes…we get what we need!

• litlbit2 says:

Polls…….Hillary winning 2016 election…..need more.lol

• Bert Darrell says:

Remember: Gallup never again put Obama under 50% approval after Obama threatened them to behave or else. Gallup can shake hands with CNN; they are tied in credibility (none).

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Exactly. This is the same Gallup who said they were not going to poll Presidential races. Yet, they are polling Trump all the time and pushing their fake poll numbers about him.

• Judith says:

The fake news and weighted polls are like that boy who cried wolf. Who believes anything that they say anymore? I stopped listening to them a long time ago.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Great post! Smart analysis.

• Sandra-VA says:

This is what really ticks me off about DC… WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE? All they care about is power… people be damned as long as they can win an election. President Trump is only there to right America (at great personal sacrifice) and do what is right for We the People… D’s and R’s should work with him, not against him. I guarantee that bipartisanship, getting things done would boost ALL of them with We the People.

Just really ticks me off….

I’m going to go read Sundance’s Irma update again so I can rejoice in the PEOPLE and humanity.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Sandra, it makes us all mad. It’s not fair. But we all want to win, and so we have to play the game. Or play it enough so that we can keep power. That’s the key. Without power, you are shut out.

Muh Russia was done for a number of reasons, and one of those reasons was to impeded Trump’s agenda. Another reason was to get his polls down.

That is why it’s disingenuous for the media to gaslight and say “Trump has low polls!” like it happened out of the ether. Of course he has low polls, he’s had a PR campaign run against him since July 2016, on Russia. And then Charlottesville. And so forth.

This is all strategy stuff. All deliberate. We have to deal with it, though, to help protect Trump and our goals.

If Trump has to make bad deals so he can retain power, I’m ok with that. Because the alternative may be he goes Purity Trump and is out of office by 2021, at the latest, and we get President Sanders.

When people get mad in the short term, they have to remember there is a long term to think about as well.

If we are patient, I think we can and will get all we want. But it might not happen just yet.

• camulla says:

A female senator could be president. I don’t think Bernie Sanders would ever win the election. A female candidate would energize the Democrat base and could put a Democrat far leftist in the White House.

• JL says:

I really enjoyed your posts. I’ve been thinking about something I read earlier on today in another post. It was a quote from ‘The Art of the Deal’. It talked about how Trump always works to have leverage.

The conundrum in my mind is that I think he has huge leverage – the voters. Yet at the same time, Congress acts as though he has no leverage at all. I’m really looking forward to seeing how that changes as primary time draws near. Will the people really stand up and kick out the incumbents? Do the incumbents recognize that they are going to be kicked to the curb regardless of what they do, and so they’re in it for maximum damage? Will the usual strategy of campaigning work so that the voters put them back in office?

It’s really the most fascinating thing to me in politics right now, and it feels like a cliff hanger. I have my own understanding of what will happen, but it’s just one opinion. I pray the people really do sing and vote as angry men and women.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Thanks, I appreciate that.

This is all very fascinating, from a “how will it play out?” perspective. For strategists such as myself and yourself, it’s just fun to see how things will unfold. It’s like reading about a military campaign and pretending you don’t know the outcome and following each twist and turn.

Of course, we want to win this battle and not just observe it.

You’re so right on Trump and leverage. He is seeking that same dynamic here. And hopefully people will give him space to work his plan.

People here sometimes think I am some milquetoast fake conservative who loves Moderate Trump. I’m not. I am, instead, someone who wants Trump to avoid impeachment and win re-election. So he can implement the agenda we voted for, and so we can avoid more Liberal presidents and policies.

Part of politics is getting what you want. And the other part of it is preventing the other guy from getting what he wants.

Even if Trump merely prevents the Liberals from getting what they want (Single Payer, Sanctuary USA, etc), we win.

• Dixie says:

This would be like what zero did in the last days of his reign (I refuse to call it a presidency) when he pushed more of the “children” through on DACA, still trying to bring down this country. I have numbers which I will eventually post to show what DACA will do to the demographics of this country but now is not the time and it’ll just add to the hysteria.

• Dixie says:

ROFLMAO! When I first read your comment, I thought you were talking about Sarah Huckabee Sanders! I was going WTH? And then I read camulla’s comment. But thanks for the laugh! I needed that.

• zephyrbreeze says:

Losers don’t legislate. – Roger Stone

• paulraven1 says:

I would question the premise that the typical response to a “greatly weakened” position (making deals with democrats) is the best means to retaining power. (I also don’t accept the premise that Trump’s position is “greatly weakened.”) I do think he is reaching a flex point in his presidency at which he could start weakening. This would not be because he didn’t make deals with democrats, but rather because he slipped gears in his anti-establishment drive and his populist clarity and audacity.

2. sunnydaze says:

As the Left continues to pulverize itself, things get weirder and weirder. Now some Trans Activists and Feminist Activists are beginning to battle it out (literally) in the streets and a Feminist Group had to cancel a meeting because of fear of violence from Trans group (sound familiar?). This is happening in the States too (there was a brouhaha at UMASS a while back), but I’m not aware that it’s gone this far, yet. Give it a week or two:

From the article:

“The (feminist) event was originally scheduled to be held at a community centre in New Cross, South-East London, but was switched following online warnings of a protest from Trans Activists.”

3. citizen817 says:

4. cycle1 says:

• Sandra-VA says:

I think Jeff Sessions should open a Civil Rights case against that officer. I watched the video and he DID plant that gun. Maybe Sessions could do some good.

• 4beagles says:

Wut?

• TheWanderingStar says:

It’s highly suspicious. If he did plant a gun (which is not shown on the video) then 3 or 4 other officers and one undercover or detective need to be questioned as well. Lots of eyes watching what was going on and it didn’t appear anyone engaged him when he was going into and out of the car.

• benifranlkin says:

Ah, judge saw same video and didn’t see that. No one did…except u. Problem is circuit attorney who is now gone overcharged the cop with 1st degree murder and since it was a bench trial judge said no to 1st degree and that’s that. Smart defendant and his attorney to waive his right to a jury trial. Smith was a felon who tried to mow down the cops and then engaged them in a high spreed 90 mph chase…very dumb move. The end.

• BAMAFan says:

Bad idea Sandra. Six year old case has been thoroughly investigated, vigorously prosecuted, though fully assessed by an experienced judge who is retiring in December, and the verdict rendered was based on his weighing of all the presented evidence. The “planted gun” theory was not proven. Having the Feds look into this would only prolong the agony being exploited among some elements of the community. Let them destroy St. Louis if they want. We must not offer them a sacrificial scapegoat by retrying the officer. His life is already destroyed.

• Sandra-VA says:

This is all true…. so I agree with you. Just my gut reaction after watching that video was that he did plant the gun… regardless of all the other factors in play.

• Nigella says:

According to the story he put his personal hand gun in the back seat along with the “victims” rifle. Tell me how he was hiding a rifle and how it wasn’t traceable to him?

• If he was just out to kill that guy why was he there about 8 or 10 seconds before he shot.,it was obvious something he saw caused him to shoot.They made it sound like he said he was going to kill the guy ran up there and popped him,did not appear that way to me.
              And why wait 6 years? It sounds to me like they were not real sure of this and soneone pushed a charge.

5. The coming months are key and Trump’s base must be vigilant and not listen to the morons like Coulter and Cernovich.

When Trump reached across the isle and made a deal with Dems over the Debt Ceiling, it was the opening salvo of the phase we’re entering now: Battle of the Bases
    Trump Train vs The Resistance.

The Democrats already are seeing all their attacks on Trump is not working per the Politico article. They know only one who can destroy Trump now is himself with his base.

So flash forward to the DACA Dinner and the reaction to it.
    Isn’t it amazing that Pelosi and Schumer made a.. at best misleading statement of what’s discussed at dinner.
    Then we get a Jeff Sessions story (Remember the only time you had Trump’s base softening was when he took shots at Sessions) that just rehash what we know.
    Now we have this Paris Climate Accord story,

This is an orchestrated effort by the Left-wing media to get Trump’s base to abandon him… first.

You see we are already seeing glimpse of the Resistance faltering because of the era of Bipartisanship Trump unleashed. The Resistance is all the Dems have left, you can’t resist than man your leaders are dealing with. Donations are already drying up… if these dealings continue, you may even see volunteering go down.
    So the Dems are on the brink of Civil War: Dealmakers vs the Resistance.
    Schumer and Pelosi knows they are on shaky grounds and now that Trump gave them the opportunity for Amnesty… they can’t be obstructionist anymore meaning their base is going to be angry with them.

So everything you’ve seen is to get Trump’s base to abandon him first so in the upcoming deals, they have the leverage. As long as we remain firm behind Trump, he has the leverage.

As for DACA, there is a reason Trump wants a clean DACA Fix Bill not tied to anything. Because he knows his base doesn’t want Amnesty so he knows the GOP will be too afraid to allow a vote of a clean DACA bill with no cover. Thus why the Dream Act is being battered about which again won’t go anywhere.

Trump’s deal with Pelosi and Schumer was basically this: I’ll support DACA Fix in exchange for no Obstruction of Border Enforcement. Meaning Trump will get the 8 Dems for the Cloture vote bypassing the Filibuster. So the border security bills should sail through congress while the final DACA bill is being debated and argued about and possibly talks failing.

So Trump gets the wall, gets the enforcement, but DACA fails in Congress. This is the outcome we get as long Trump’s base remain with him.

• dekester says:

Folks. Why on earth would any of PDJTs Support leave him.
      That is utter nonsense, and simply folks stirring the shite.

Your lion has only broadened his support, if it weren’t so serious the very thought would be laughable.

On the plane back from California last night,the American sitting next to me brought up your President, and suggested that your lion was looked at upon as a joke by the rest of the world. I smiled, and said a joke. He is a genius, and said politics is not my thing. ( I lied.) I said there is only one party in the U.S., the Uniparty. ( thank you Sundance.) I went on to discuss the obvious. Finished the chat with. Both parties divide the masses with hot button issues. Then divide the money, and laugh at their system.

The electorate are suckered for another day. He laughed, and agreed..

He seemed like a decent chap. He worked, was educated and polite.

Upon disembarking he shook my hand and was all smiles.

The term Uniparty is brilliant, and if I ever get it in a conversation. It has yet to be challenged. Thank you again Sundnce, and fellow CTH contributors.

God bless PDJT.

• sunnydaze says:

Good for you dekester.

You’re probably the first “foreigner” this guy’s met who had a serious discussion with him re. Trump.

Dem Devotees have convinced themselves (with help from our MSM of course), that Trump is hated worldwide.

It’s great that it ended with a smile and, possibly, a new perspective for him.

6. citizen817 says:

7. camulla says:

Treepers, please begin getting engaged in politics at the local level now. The poll numbers could be wrong, but people could also be beginning to peel off with the constant negative press. If we want good candidates, we have to stop complaining and start working because primaries are approaching.

8. Albertus Magnus says:

Some additional thoughts regarding PDJT and the DACA controversy:

1) To date, PDJT has tried to work with the GOPe. Instead of helping him enact his agenda, they tried to make him work through them. Promise, promise, promise to deliver and then always come up a day late and a dollar short. With the short-term CR deal and the DACA talks, he called their bluff. Sort of like pulling the curtain back on the Wizard.

2) PDJT likes to allow his competitors to save face. Like his negotiations with China. By talking with the DEMS and not tying the DACA negotiations to the WALL, he gives them the ability to go to their base and claim their defeat on the many other, more important (although not symbolic like the WALL). He is now able to achieve 80% of what is needed to stop illegals (RAISE ACT, KATE’S LAW, SANCTUARY CITIES, ETC.) and still go after the WALL later. It is how TOP negotiators work.

3) PDJT like MANY of his supporters have always viewed the children of the illegals differently than the ones that brought them here. No matter what happens the MSM will never give him credit if he works out a deal on DACA that addresses the issues without rewarding them. People who are having the biggest conniptions are the ones who want these so-called DREAMERS to be PUNISHED. There is an alternative to both PUNISHMENT AND REWARD. It is figuring out a HUMANE way of allowing those who know NO culture but ours, who obey the law and have become a part of their communities without draining the system, to be able to stay here legally.

I trust that PDJT’s goals are simply to MAGA and to GET THE JOB DONE. How blessed we are to have him.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Correction: He allows the DEMS to go to their base and claim their defeat is a VICTORY because it wasn’t tied to the WALL. and all of the noise among the CRUZBOTS only helps sell that narrative to the DEMS’ base.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I liked your post a lot, right up until here where we diverge:

“People who are having the biggest conniptions are the ones who want these so-called DREAMERS to be PUNISHED. There is an alternative to both PUNISHMENT AND REWARD. It is figuring out a HUMANE way of allowing those who know NO culture but ours, who obey the law and have become a part of their communities without draining the system, to be able to stay here legally. ”

These “dreamers” have been deliberately mischaracterized by the media and the leftist activists in sentimental terms that have us all reaching for the Kleenex and mopping our eyes. If the same standards are applied to these illegals as are applied to standard green card holders, I bet that “800 thousand” number we hear repeated is reduced to about 200 thousand.

They have either no or only the most perfunctory criminal background checks, most are not college kids, most are not English speakers, many travel back and forth to the country of origin to see the extended family.

I don’t want to punish anyone. But I think the number of these “kids” who are actually average age 26 who don’t know any other culture and could integrate and become a boon to our society are pretty small numbers indeed. But if there are some who actually do meet these criteria, okay maybe not citizenship but some other periodically renewable visitor status, or something. Maybe.

• Albertus Magnus says:

We don’t disagree, I think. I assume that there will be some sort of vetting process that will send back the ones who have integrated fully, including obeying the law and supporting themselves.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes. I know the Dims are hoping to sneak this past but I would imagine AG Sessions would review any language and he has been strong on immigration forever.

Besides, I do believe PDJT is too smart to fall for something like that.

I remain cautious, watchful, but still believing our President will make a good deal for us!

• Albertus Magnus says:

I would like it, if the system let me, SA.

• El Torito says:

I agree with you, Sylvia, and Albertus. I would want to see each person deeply investigated though. IMO, a young child here with illegal parents can go back. Someone who is 30, was brought here when they were 16, that person knew life somewhere else and should go also. I agree that the amount of people that should be eligible for some type of residential status (only, not citizenship) should be able to be worked down substantially. Getting the number as low as possible AND no citizenship will make the outcome win-win-win.

• ray76 says:

They can get on line, like everyone else.

9. citizen817 says:

10. citizen817 says:

I’m baffled as to why President Trump still comes out for the establishment candidate.

• psadie says:

He does it to get the Senate to play ball…nothing else. Won’t matter for Judge Moore will win.

• Sandra-VA says:

It is because Luther Strange campaigned for him… simple.

• fleporeblog says:

Strange has voted 95% of the time in favor of our President’s agenda in the Senate. He just recently flip flopped that he now supports 51 votes to pass legislation. I also think in a weird way that even with his support, the good people of Alabama were so sickened by McConnell and Rove that he couldn’t do anything to save Strange. The media will paint it badly against our President but every single Establishment Republican will know the truth.

Mitch McConnell has become a bacterial virus without an antidote to cure you. The MOAB that will be dropped in D.C. Will cause destruction never seen before. I anticipate Bob Corker to announce he will not run for reelection in TN soon afterwards. Two or three months later, Jeff Flake will do the same thing. Dean Heller will run but will lose to Danny Tarkanian in NV!

Bannon is pushing McDaniel to run against Wicker in MS and the want to run a primary candidate in OK. Just today Mo Brooks pushed his voters towards Moore. Remember he won 19% of the vote in August.

From the article linked above:

Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks (R) backed former judge Roy Moore on Saturday ahead of the GOP runoff Sept. 26 for the state’s vacant Senate seat, providing Moore a key endorsement over Sen. Luther Strange (Ala.).

“Elections are about choices. In this Senate race, the choice is Luther Strange or Roy Moore. Martha, my wife, and I have made our choice. We didn’t wait until Sept. 26. We have already voted absentee ballot for Roy Moore,” Brooks said at a rally in Huntsville, Ala.

“The Senate race comes down to this: we are in an epic battle between the people of Alabama who put America First and the Washington swamp that hopes to buy Alabama’s Senate seat and put America second. All of America is watching Alabama to see who wins,” Brooks added.

However, a recent Emerson College poll found Moore, a controversial former state Supreme Court justice, leading Strange by 14-points.

• BAMAFan says:

“Moore, a controversial former state Supreme Court justice.” What an understatement.

How about the only Justice removed from the bench TWICE for not following the law. Light the fuse, and let’s see what we get.

• JL says:

Thanks, fleporeblog. I’m really interested to see who Steve Bannon will be pushing in the primaries. I know that McDaniel is a Tea Partier, and perhaps friends with Senator Cruz. I am wondering what kind of coalition building Mr. Bannon is aiming at here, and more importantly, if he gains that coalition in the Senate, will they support the president?

I do wonder if one of the reasons President Trump is backing Mr. Strange is because he doesn’t want someone in there who will support Senator Cruz? It’s just a thought.

• fleporeblog says:

JL Bannon and Palin have thrown their support to Moore. Cruz for all his warts has supported our President with every vote so far.

• JL says:

Thanks, fleporeblog. I’m afraid Senator Cruz is going to have to work hard to gain my trust again. It’s not an impossible task, but it will take a few years of consistent support of the president.

• fleporeblog says:

JL I agree! He is up for reelection in 2018. I have to remind myself of that. I will pay close attention after he is reelected. If his support remains, I can give him another chance. I think he is actually learning from our President. He realizes he can’t be so far right. I am noticing he is moving slightly. To me that is a good thing. He is young.

• Iron Lady says:

I believe Cruz is trying to position himself to pick up the ball when President Trump drops it. Doesn’t want to alienate us, laying low. I was a Cruz supporter back in the day, but never again. Cruz is for Cruz. Period.

• Judith says:

By his own admission, Cruz is constitutionally ineligible to be President, since he is not a natural born citizen. Maybe last year he figured that Obola got away with it so.. what the hey ?

• deanbrh says:

Even a few years of support for our Lion would NOT prompt me to vote for Cruz for anything but deportation. He’s a lying, sleezy, womanizer, fake-Christian. If he has a redeeming feature, I haven’t seen it. What I did see was his eleven year old daughter treating him as though she was very afraid of him and wanted to escape.

• Albertus Magnus says:

I agree with you, Fle. What I think people don’t take into consideration enough is that PDJT plays to win and defeating McConnell is not his goal. Getting his agenda passed is his goal and that will require some GOP senators who want to win their re-elections to see PDJT actively supporting the incumbents senators who support his agenda in the Senate. A perfect description of Senator Strange.

• Judith says:

I don’t trust the republiCON incumbents not to throw the elections to the democrats, to lose the majority on purpose. Then their donors will be happy, as they sit on their hands and posture as the Demonrats take over. It will happen if we don’t primary them out in 2018.

• Bilbo Baggins says:

This is an indication that the polls showing a 50/50 race are legit. He’s trying to get undecided Brooks voters to vote Strange. Just might work

• peace says:

I am too and find it all very strange. The people over at Breitbart are going nuts over this.

11. Joe says:

California cemented its status as a Mexican colony.

Voting to become a “Sanctuary State,” electing pro Mexican colonization state legislatures and civic leaders, allowing illegal Mexican immigrants to vote and pro Mexico judiciary are just a few of the criteria we can use to prove colonization is de facto.

This was the tradeoff that Dems made to gain control of the world’s 6th largest economy (and also now owning one of the highest US poverty rates.)

DACA amnesty has the very serious and looming ability to turn Texas & Florida into Mexican colonies as well – AND it will tip the Electoral College blue.

“Don’t you have a heart?” is the powerful rhetorical hammer that will be used to allow them to vote, bring in their family members..”oh wait, we will end chain migration!”

No it won’t. How many of our immigration laws are actually enforced anyway?

The “Don’t you have a heart?” hammer will be used to smash any opposition.

Don’t accept DACA amnesty.

Sent from the Mexican colony of California by the second most interesting man in the world.

• mimbler says:

I rarely listen to Rush anymore, but he had a really interesting perspective on the dreamers. He said the press is relentless presenting it to us as common sense to allow them to stay, but not a single country in the world allows permanent residency to illegal alien children.

Why? Because it encourages people dragging children across your border to take advantage of your compassion. If we keep these, why would we deport future ones?

• mimbler says:

Yes, and notice how the press invariably calls them “children” when average age is 26.

My take on it, is I would happily take whatever amount fits the press description of them. We can afford to take on a few hundred,

• Joe says:

Those in the military I would accept. Less than 1% of DACA amnesty, so insignificant.

If the grassroots let’s President Trump know that we are behind him regarding denying DACA amnesty, then there is still a chance that it won’t happen.

• Sandra-VA says:

Also, don’t forget that around 40% of the DACA recipients lied so will be deported eventually. Then you have those that are already deportable due to criminal activity…

So, we might end up with around 20% of the original 800k. I could live with that.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Pentagon says they have 900 “Dreamers” in the military. That’s it.

• mimbler says:

I remain cautiously optimistic. I really think his advisors were overestimating the sentiment to keep the dreamers.
          And thanks for mentioning the military dreamers. I agree, and checked the number. 900 people. I would welcome them as well,

• davecatbone says:

A Green Card is not amnesty. The path to citizenship starts at the back of the line. The “amnesty angst” promoted by the Left and GOPe media is fake news IMO. I’d like to see this false narrative seen for what it is among Trump supporters and the trolls here driven off.

• Joe says:

California is not a mirage. California went from a reliably center right state to 100% blue – due to amnesty – and as I stated, is now a colony of Mexico. Defying federal law by claiming “Sanctuary State” status for illegals is like seceding. I simply don’t want that to happen in the rest of the US.

• Judith says:

The problem in Conmiefornia is that they’re an insolvent welfare state, no matter what they call themselves. “Sanctuary cities” used to rake in millions in federal funds. President Trump will not reward them with our tax money like Obola did. They can’t afford to harbor illegal border jumpers anymore.

• Albertus Magnus says:

AMEN!

• deanbrh says:

Joe, you don’t believe We The People of California helped to cement CA’s status as a Mexican Colony, do you? Probably no State has a higher Election Fraud index than California. The Fix for that problem being in the hands of Pence informs my thinking that Election Fraud will hold Californians hostage for the foreseeable future. Sad fate!

12. fleporeblog says:

Many Democrats other than the crazies that are backing Single Payer are pissed 😡 off with Bernie Sanders and the 16 other Senators that cosponsored his bill. They had a golden opportunity to run against the Republicans for the mockery they made throughout the process to Repeal and Replace Obamacare in 2018.

By Bernie introducing Single Payer, he has put an anchor ⚓️ around the neck of every single Democrat running in the Senate that could very easily lose their seat. Ten Democrats come from states our President won. Three others come from states we could flip (VA, NJ and ME).

Heidi Heitkamp would have absolutely no chance even if she votes Yes for Tax Reform (which I expect her to do). How can she run on Single Payer. She can’t! She would have to defend Obamacare which by that point would be on life support. Also she would be questioned why she didn’t vote in favor of the Graham/Cassidy Bill.

There is a piece of me that thinks she is the one Democrat that could cross the aisle and tell Cassidy that she will vote for his bill. ND would financially benefit in doing so. She may realize the Democrat Party has abandoned her because of how far left they have moved. The same is true for Joe Manchin (WV) and Joe Donnelly (IN).

As crazy as this sounds, I think Crying 😭 Chuck would be grateful because Single Payer would be dead 💀 and they could go back to crying 😭 that Republicans killed Obamacare.

From the article linked above:

Republicans are cheering on the Democrats’ embrace of single-payer health care, believing the move to the left will be an albatross for candidates in next year’s elections.

After playing defense on health care for months as they failed to fill a promise to repeal ObamaCare, Bernie Sanders’s increasingly popular ‘Medicare for all’ gives the GOP new momentum to blast Democrats. And they’ve got plenty of targets, with 16 Democratic senators backing Sanders’ effort and a similar House measure supported by half of the party’s caucus.

Democrats are hoping President Trump’s high unfavorability ratings, a surge of new candidates and the trend of the party out of power gaining in off year elections could help them win back the House and make gains in the Senate.

In particular, Republicans will take aim at the potential costs of a single-payer system. A 2016 estimate from the left-leaning Urban Institute found a previous plan from Sanders would cost $32 trillion over 10 years.

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) is the only Democratic senator up for reelection in 2018 in a state won by Trump who has signed on to Sanders’s bill, but her seat is generally considered safe.

Still, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the Senate GOP’s campaign arm, wasted no time in hitting Baldwin for her support.

“Baldwin’s socialist health care system would allow the federal government to take more of Wisconsin families’ hard earned money. Tammy Baldwin wants to live in a fantasy land where everything is free, but Wisconsin families understand how her health care plan will end up costing them,” the NRSC said in a statement.

Some of the most vulnerable Senate Democrats up for reelection are steering clear of the single payer debate.

Sens. Joe Donnelly (Ind.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.) and Joe Manchin (W.V.), all running in states won by Trump in races considered to be toss-ups by election analysts, have distanced themselves from single payer.

But as more Democrats continue to sign on, Republicans hope to tie the issue to the entire party, regardless of whether or not they support it.

13. zephyrbreeze says:

Just a reminder: DHS forewarned law enforcement 3 days prior to event that both sides planned to be violent in Charlottesville.

• zephyrbreeze says:

Tweet:

Clash between protesters and counter protesters. Police says “We’ll not intervene until given command to do so.” #Charlottesville pic.twitter.com/UkRDlNn2mv

— ACLU of Virginia (@ACLUVA) August 12, 2017

14. cycle1 says:

Wow! Not nice! At least it shows that Trump is winning and that some lawyers (the Pier 5 ones) are REALLY stupid.

15. MadeMan says:

WHY?

• BAMAFan says:

Better man for the Senator job. Moore is all about Moore; his way or the highway. And the Alabama Supreme Court has kicked him off the bench not once, but TWICE!

If Strange wins, he will have Trump to thank. If Moore wins, Moore will make Rand Paul look like a choirboy. Muh principles.

• mimbler says:

I see plusses and minuses for both these candidates, so I really don’t have a dog in the fight.

That being said, I just don’t see today’s politicians holding any loyalty to the people that helped them win. So, yes, Strange will have Trump to thank if he wins, but I don’t see that influencing his votes either way.

Not picking on Strange here; I am just watching all the GOPe in Congress who have Trump to thank for their being there, who are actively impeding his agenda.

• LKA in LA says:

Yes BAMAFan! Moore will be a self righteous disaster. He will seek a TV camera and have a depressing story everyday if he gets in. President Trump wants Strange, so Alabama should give Trumps agenda a chance and elect Strange. If they do not expect a media frenzy.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Great analysis!

• Dixie says:

I was curious as to why Moore was removed twice but is apparently so popular…..

Moore, who was twice removed from duties as chief justice for defying courts on gay marriage and putting a Ten Commandments statue on public display, is strongly supported by some evangelical voters.

• JL says:

Why?

I think it’s because everyone has agendas. The agenda that Luther Strange has is to support President Trump’s agenda. The agenda that Judge Moore has is to support Ted Cruz’s or the Freedom Caucus’s or his own agenda.

I have this theory that Bannon joined the White House to gain legitimacy with Trump’s base so that he could say to Trump supporters, “Vote for Joe,” implying that the president wants us to vote for Joe. Trump voters will believe that Joe supports Trump because of Bannon’s endorsement, when in reality Joe supports Bannon’s agenda, which is also Senator Cruz’s agenda, which may or may not align with President Trump’s agenda.

It’s going to require some real commitment on the part of Trump’s supporters to vote for people who will support Trump even if it’s an establishment type like Strange. For me, I’m going to trust the president and vote how he tells me. It’s not that I’m brainless, but I believe President Trump has a better understanding of who will and who won’t support him.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I haven’t commented on the Strange vs. Moore issue because Alabama should pick who Alabama wants I guess, so who cares what I think? I don’t live there. But what the heck I’ll jump in.

If PDJT says Vote for Strange, I think that is what I would do because I want to elect people to office who will support PDJT. It is pretty much that simple for me at this point. FWIW, which is nothing at all….

• alligatriot says:

I agree with you, Sylvia. I have relatives in Alabama who like Moore because he stood up to the Feds about the Ten Commandments display and marriage issue. However, they don’t see that as necessarily a good trait to have in a Senator. Strange, although a potential swamp creature, has shown loyalty to President Trump.
          Time will tell, but I think the President has a feeling which would be more effective for his agenda.

16. Yesterday someone posted a comment here that said Susan Collins, Sen (ME), met with the Bushes to ask for their support in her run for governor of the state. Wow, a light bulb went on. I’ve been trying to figure out who owns Collins and now it all comes together. She did not go the Bush family to ask for their support, she went there to collect her pay check! This explains everything about her behavior and votes…never Trumper, anti-Trump, won’t support anything he wants. It makes perfect sense. The Bushes want a fifedom for Jeb to play around with, or, he is going to run for her Senate seat in Maine.

When I moved to Maine in the ’70’s, there were two classes…the very rich (Rockefellers, Cabot-Lodge, and many more had summer homes in Maine for generations). The other class was those who work for the very rich (ie, locals).

I do not remember the Bushes being there in the 70’s, but they weren’t Presidents yet, so maybe they had property but nobody knew who they were.

I think there is more of a middle class now, but it would still be possible for a very rich person to buy Maine. But, this really clicked for me….she is working for the Bush family. I hope someone from Maine reads this and starts talking about it. I don’t live there anymore.

• Dixie says:

I remember some time back and then again recently, seeing a picture of her sitting between old man Bush and Barbara, holding hands with a silly grin on all their faces. Guess it might have had payoff written all over it, but then that’s just intuition and not actual knowledge.

17. wyntre says:

This clip puts life in perspective.

Get your tissues handy.

• Landslide says:

Thanks for posting! I had never heard of these glasses. Amazing and life-changing!!!

• cycle1 says:

You were right, Wyntre! Tissues. So awesome for him!

• piper567 says:

wyntre,
        this is just wonderful…I love his body language…hardly able to contain himself…many tears of joy, so moving.
        What a gift this family has given this man.
        Than you SO much for posting this…its amazing the joy we can share with this unknown to us man…joy is like a laugh here: it is a kind of universal feeling…this laughing with those who laugh.

• sunnydaze says:

I have never witnessed “Speechless” before. This was very moving.

How much you wanna bet this man’s gonna become a painter?

• wyntre says:

I wouldn’t doubt it. His gratitude and joy was so moving and reminds us not to take things for granted. At least, that’s the message I got.

• Harry Lime says:

Wait till he finds out he’s been wearing pink pajamas…

I didn’t even know that this (not seeing any color) was a thing. I just always assumed that all color blindness was not being able to recognize between colors. Good for him! That must have been pretty emotional. You could actually see the happiness and excitement surging through his body.

18. Frank is going to be on Watters World next; if you don’t have a tv you can watch here:

19. kpm58 says:

I have a conspiracy hypothesis. The “Russia” investigation by Mueller is President Trump’s backdoor way of having the 2018 elections scrutinized for voter fraud and getting the Democrats to do it for him.
    Think about it.

20. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Did anyone else get a letter from the RNC written by Melania with a picture in it. Sad that the Trumps do all this fund raising and the RNC does nothing in return.

21. sunnydaze says:

St. Louis allows streets to be closed down again by protestors:

22. BAMAFan says:

How are the riots going in St. Louis? Tonight’s U2 concert canceled. Sunday night’s Ed Sheeran concert canceled. West County Center Mall shut down today by 300 “protestors.”

Folks, this is economic terrorism, pure and simple. Who picks up the tab for the hundreds of thousands of dollars lost. All this over a dead heroin dealer? What Michael Brown would have grown into had his life not got cut short. If Missouri is the Show Me State, then show me how any of this rioting and terrorism accomplishes anything useful.

• I really don’t get the purpose of the rioting…really brilliant move (not).

Last night on Hannity, Fox had some one on the streets interviewing people and this guy is being interviewed and talking about how he is a three time felon, heroin addict, and somehow he thinks it is unfair that a white policeman is treated differently than he would be treated under the same conditions.

The reporter asked him if he thought it might be a problem for him, a three time convicted felon, to be present in this demonstration and he said something like no this is just a sign of unity.

I mean, the guy is a three time felon and he is in the midst of what turned into a riot and he can’t figure why he keeps getting arrested and sent to jail? The brain is not firing on all cylinders.

I don’t know what the solution is. POTUS thinks jobs will solve a lot of these problems, but with a brain that is not functioning at the most basic level, like human survival, what kind of job can this man ever get and hold for more than 10 minutes.

• Stansbury says:

Back in the early 1990s, the WSJ ran an op-ed regarding the merits of 3 Strikes, You’re Out provisions (then gaining traction with State and Federal legislatures. The author wrote something like “He can’t Rob your sister if he’s locked up in prison.”

Made perfect sense to me (and a lot of other people; prison building became a booming industry. Criminals started serving most of the time judge’s sentenced them to serve (rather than a fraction (10% was not unusual before the building boom)). Streets were safe again as lawbreakers were separated from civil society (that should be protected from lawbreakers).

Then, the pendulum started swinging back the other way. And our passed chief executive opened the prison doors and just let ’em out.

We need law and order restored.

We need a generation or two to be trained under a society based upon law and order.

And we also need to restore common courtesy and respect.

• Judith says:

Opioids are a huge problem in this country. People are simply fried.

• mimbler says:

And Bono is a big BLM supporter. They certainly thanked him for his support,

23. sunnydaze says:

This guy has a pretty clever T-shirt on. “Vote DemOut 2018”

I like it! Hopefully it’ll become a hot item! From the DC Rally today:

24. Here’s an interesting interview in the local Asheville, NC Newspaper; it’s with our Congressman Mark Meadows. He says the Freedom Caucus is taking the lead in drafting DACA legislation:

“Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., the chairman of the hardline House Freedom Caucus, says conservatives should not be concerned about reports President Trump has struck an immigration deal with Democrats, because the Freedom Caucus is taking the lead in drafting the bill……

We’re working very closely with the administration and conservative members of Congress … on how to address this (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) issue,” Meadows said in an interview with USA TODAY. “We’re coming up with legislative proposals that we believe would get a lot of conservative support” and plan to share them with Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and the White House.

Meadows also said there is plenty of time…….

Heading up the Freedom Caucus’ immigration team will be four members: Reps. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho, Steve Pearce, R-N.M., Scott Perry, R-Pa., and Warren Davidson, R-Ohio. Labrador is a former immigration attorney……..

Meadows also said administration officials assured him there was no deal and that Trump — a former businessman who wrote a book on dealmaking — was just tempted by the offer from Democrats of a 194-person voting bloc that would take care of the DACA issue.

Meadows said if Republicans can offer a better deal and have the votes to pass legislation, the White House would take a serious look.

“He likes dealmakers, I like dealmakers and so I’m going to give him enough options where there’s at least a consideration for him to take a deal where I can deliver the votes … (for a deal) that best represents the Trump voter and the Trump agenda,” Meadows said. “At this point it’s incumbent upon me to give him good reasonable solutions on how we can get there.”…..

But conservatives are hoping that DACA will just be an entry point into an immigration overhaul.

Labrador stood up during a Wednesday morning caucus meeting and told members: “This is a golden opportunity for us to fix the immigration system and … the worst thing we can do is just do DACA and nothing else,” he told USA TODAY on Wednesday, recounting his pitch. “You lose all your leverage when you say you’re going to do something about DACA and nothing else.”

• I don’t know how this got here…

• If there is a way to remove this, please do.

• ray76 says:

> conservatives are hoping that DACA will just be an entry point into an immigration overhaul.

Republicans just don’t get it. They, like Democrats, are fixated on doing things most Americans oppose. “Both” parties are killing this country.

• mimbler says:

I understand what you are saying, but in this case when the story is about Meadows and Labrador, I -think- they are talking about the kind of immigration overhaul we would approve of. They are both immigration hawks.

But I don’t know. That is what I really hate about the ambiguous language used around immigration. “immigration reform” “comprehensive immigration reform”,
        “immigration overhaul”.

They just need to spit out the specifics of what they are talking about instead of meaningless generalities that could be used by either side.

It makes me extremely suspicious even if it is coming from a person who is normally on the right side of the issue.
        Mike

• ray76 says:

I don’t see why our immigration laws must be “reformed”

Whenever someone tells me that our immigration system is “broken” I know they have no idea what they’re talking about. How can they possibly know that it’s broken when it’s not used? It’s analogous to a person telling me their car is broken but they never try to start it and go for a drive.

Our immigration system is not broken, its violated. Obama refused to enforce the law, he even decreed that agencies act contrary to law. How about we enforce our laws for a change? After five or six years maybe then we’ll have an idea of what – if anything – is “broken”.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Reform= Fundamental Change=Radical Change=Liberalism by Legislation

• mimbler says:

100% agree.

• Our immigration system is completely broken. We are taking in people that are not equip to be self supporting because our laws are based on a quota system not a merit system. We are taking in too many refuges & immigrants. Our courts and processing function are severely overburdens which encourages illegal immigration because it takes 10 years or more to work through the system legally, at this point there is a 10 year backlog according to an immigration attorney I spoke to 2 years ago. The system needs to be simplified, streamlined and the numbers & criterion need to be tied to only allowing the number of immigrants and refuges that serve American interest and are most likely to contribute to America and to commit to American values and laws.

• wheatietoo says:

It was ‘broken’ on purpose.

Our elected crapweasels stopped enforcing our existing Immigration Laws.
              This is one of the ways they ‘broke’ it.

Then, they heaped on even more burdensome paperwork, fees and bureaucratic delays, than ever before.
              It has been turned into a growth industry for Immigration Lawyers…because it’s nearly impossible to make it through the process without one.

This has all been done on purpose, so that the Open Borders crowd could declare that the “system is broken”.
              When they are the ones who broke it!

And we have seen what they want to ‘replace’ it with.
              Which is not good.

• I do not completely agree with your assessment. I believe Ted Kennedy’s immigration reform was the initial error and succeeding policies have added to the injury. Our current hodgepodge needs to be scrapped and the Raise act or similar be substituted.
                The 1965 revamp of the entire immigration system ended 40 years of low immigration, got rid of solid numerical caps and opened up chain migration into every overpopulated country in the world, exploding annual immigration numbers.
                Massive expansion of the refugee programs in the late 1970s, opening up massive loopholes and encouraging a domestic resettlement industry that became a major lobby for more and more overall immigration.
                The 1986 blanket amnesty: Kennedy’s skills may have been best seen here where he got legislators on our side to agree to the amnesty in exchange for enforcement rules that he made sure were written in a way that would not work.
                Within a decade, he would be using the inability to enforce the 1986 rules as an excuse for why we needed more green cards and more amnesties. An example of Kennedy’s great skill was that he persuaded Ronald Reagan to enthusiastically support this bill.
                The 1990 immigration act, which increased overall immigration by another 35%: The first Pres. Bush was Kennedy’s co-partner, just as the second Pres. Bush was Kennedy’s eager co-partner in trying to force through another blanket amnesty 2001-2008.
                The 1990 act also established the lottery whereby we randomly give away 50,000 green cards a year to people in countries picked because they have the least ties and cultural association with the United States, and which disproportionately are terrorist-sponsoring countries.
                This was something of a compromise for Kennedy who was able to ensure that during the first few years, much of the lottery winners would be illegal aliens from Ireland — his own ethnic group.

• wheatietoo says:

Thanks for all the info!

Okay, how about instead of ‘broken’…let’s say our current system Sucks and should be scrapped.

I heartily agree about the RAISE Act.

It would be great to have something even tougher than that…but getting that would be a huge improvement.

• Should be scrapped, sounds like a plan! I am very excited about the RAISE act, I agree not perfect but it establishes the premise that the immigration numbers and priorities should enhance our economy and protect American jobs and that we owe NO ONE entry into our Country. How novel an idea.

• okapisage says:

Thanks, Wheatietoo, for writing this! It’s what I’ve thought for a long time, too. Inadequate funding of the legal immigration system, plus all the extra burdens you stated, to make it seem “broken.” But it doesn’t have to be!

• piper567 says:

Ray76,
        no, they are not killing this Country. We will be responsible if we do not clean up this miserable excuse for congressional representatives.
        Its up to us to prevent the death of this Country. We are responsible for the 17 – 20% turnout for Primary Elections.
        We managed to elect Trump, we cannot now rest on our laurels, and I do not believe we will.
        I do not believe Trump will sign legislation to kill this Country.
        And if a Trump veto is over ridden, I think there may be a rather emphatic response that may surprise those who require surprises.

25. SeekerOfTruth says:

New topic – Money is power and planning where to shop for Xmas stuff. My example below.

I have 2 credit cards that will give me 5% rewards for Oct-Dec – Xmas shopping period.
    1) Discover – 5% at Amazon and Target – A big NO.
    2) Chase Visa Freedom – %5 at Walmart, JCPenny, Kohls, Sears and many more – winner.

I do not shop at Target anymore. Period. ($1500 a year to zero a while back.) Gee their stock tanked last week because business is so bad they are having to reduce prices on many items.

Amazon – I have been pulling back from buying anything on Amazon for a while now. Preferring to buy straight from distribution companies – not Amazon. Went from $3000 from Amazon years ago to now about $400 this year and trying to reduce to $150 next year.

Money is power and Trump supporters have a lot of money power.
    Choose wisely. I am exercising my choices. Make your own based on your life style and needs.

Thanks. Seeker.

26. JM Covfefe says:

Why arent they arresting the “protesters” with masks and baseball bats?

27. Pam says:

28. sunnydaze says:

This stupid older white woman gets knocked over while trying to block cops in St. Louis. She told people around her that cops wouldn’t hurt an old woman so I guess she thought she was the one who could be a hero and save the day. Arrested too. LOL.

These are your braindead supporters, Hillary: