September 10th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #234

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

655 Responses to September 10th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #234

• thesavvyinvester says:

Enough Already with this conspiratorial JFK Jr stuff. Read the AOPA ( Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association’s ) synopsis of what happened. Are you a Pilot? Have you ever lost any of your Pilot friends to pilot error? Have you gone to their funerals? Read what AOPA published, he could have called a MayDay, called Fall River, Boston, ANYONE, for help, something to the effect I am temporary disorientated, the would have moved heaven and earth if they knew it was a Kennedy, and he didn’t, read how his speed increased as the altitude dropped, that means he got inverted and pulled back harder, that was horrid…. It was a tragedy, don’t sully CTH with this nonsense, three souls perished on that flight, may they rest in Peace…

• StormyeyesC says:

Good Lord. How bossy. I have never seen nor shared Anything about JFK. I shared something to do with the Clinton Arkancides. You don’t like it or believe it, don’t read it. There are plenty of things here I don’t believe or like, but I don’t act like I control the content or the comments at this place. BACK OFF. You are out of line.

• I have never read “Read the AOPA ( Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association’s ) synopsis” but I am sure if I did it would read like every other CYA report of every Clinton/Obama mystery. There just comes a time where collectively none of the coincidence no longer make sense or are believable.

• Deb says:

This conspiracy theory is ridiculous. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. He shouldn’t have been flying in that weather in that craft. Simple, split second mistakes while flying can cost you your life.

1. citizen817 says:

Great interview with Bannon on 60 minutes.
    They only aired a half hour of it, and then tell you to go to their overtime web site for the rest.

Bannon was terrific IMO. Called out all 3 past administrations. Loved it. Threw Trump’s use of Twitter back in their smug opinionated faces. Agreed totally with P45 use of Twitter in going over the press and directly to the people. Still looking for a video.

• thesavvyinvester says:

I don’t agree with Bannon, Bannon agrees with me. Everything I felt in my gut since 2010, as we watched the eGOP screw us, and everything after the escalator announcement like a crucible heating it’s contents to create an alloy, I and I am sure many other here were purified by the heat of those battles and those showing themselves for who and what they were, and boy did he call them all out tonight. I have said it here and elsewhere, 16′ was PDJT running on Savage’s Borders and Language and Culture and a large dose of Pat Buchanan’s previous run thrown in, with his understanding of our industrial base. I also have been saying The Trump Admin is a reset to 1988 before the error(s) ( not Era’s ) of Bush-Clinton-Bush & Obama, 1988 was good, and it beginning to feel like 1988 again….. Mr Bannon is also channeling the angst all these deals created in places that make stuff, you know PA, OH, MI, IN, WI etc etc. We are not the rubes you think we are, making stuff is hard especially with part interchangeability, one prototype? sure it’s fun, now go make 250,000 that work and don’t break. This election was a center of gravity shift from NY, DC, Boston, CA to the Mid-west and it’s Axis is now here in the Mid-West, Mr Bannon sooooo gets it. He has the spirit of Andrew Brietbart, and is a warrior, and we are so blessed to have him in our corner it isn’t even funny. One more thing, Mr Rose calling out Brietbart as a Alt-Right and conspiratorial website was a cheap shot, I should have expected nothing less…

• fleporeblog says:

He was fantastic! I was sickened that Reine Pribus two recommendations the day after Billy Bush was to either resign or lose by the largest margin in electoral history. The POS was the first one to respond. He was hoping to set the tone for the rest of them. Bannon went last to give his opinion and said he was 100% sure that our President would win.

He also said that Chris Christie blew any chance of getting named for a Cabinet Position that day by not getting on the plane ✈️ at 11am. He killed the Bush administration from the President all the way down his NSC. He blew up the Muh Russia and rightfully killed Gary Cohen for not resigning.

He absolutely killed Mitch McConnell and to a lesser extent Paul Ryan. He admitted that the administration decided to give the Establishment a try at first. He even agreed with that approach. Mitch absolutely hates “Drain the Swamp”. He begged our President to stop saying it the first time he spoke with our Lion 🦁 at Trump Tower. He complained that no one wanted to work for Congress because of the label.

His mission is clear in my mind that he wants to make sure that Trumpism reigns for the next 50+ years.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh, I just BET Mitch hates Drain the Swamp!!!! My cold anger is freezing!

PS How’s the family???

• Deb says:

My husband was volunteering at our county GOP office in Green Bay the day after story of the tapes broke and Ryan cancelled his appearance with PDJT. All the volunteers and the paid RNC staffers knew it was a planned hit job, and they were all furious with Ryan. That says a lot, since Ryan was still well respected in WI at the time. It really felt like the party was backstabbing the grass roots and the voters. Needless to say everyone in that office made sure to help give PDJT a very warm welcome when he held a rally in Green Bay a week or so later. I got to hold a “Women Love Trump” sign and chant “CNN sucks.” My favorite memory of the campaign.

Ryan will win re-election becuase we have open primaries, and many Dems vote for him. He does not live in a conservative district, and so with the Dem support he can beat any conservative. But conservatives throughout the state are now wise to him, and to the party establishment here in the state. I think we’ll see more patriots like Paul Nehlen stand up and run in races around the country.

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

This part about the tweeting

• mimbler says:

Exactly why the media obsesses so much over his tweets. They can’t filter and distort what he is saying.

• paulraven1 says:

Charlie Rose makes me want to puke. Constantly interrupting and refuting Bannon about what he really means and what Trump is really doing. Who is he to tell Bannon or Trump what they mean or what they are “really” doing? Go to hell, you worn-out media whore.

• janc1955 says:

It’s not in PDJT’s “interest” what he “says” in his Tweets. Says WHO, Charlie boy? Continue to ignore what POTUS is “interested” in, which is what more than half the country is interested in, at your peril, Charlie boy.

• Harry Lime says:

Exactly. DT tweeted all through the campaign (against his interests according to the media) and yet he won the election! Just stay in your bubble, Charlie, with the rest of the elitist experts. Hillary rarely tweeted and according to the msm experts she had a 90% chance of winning. How’d that work out? Clueless pinheads!

4. citizen817 says:

On Bush administration

5. citizen817 says:

Amnesty is non-Negotiable

• mimbler says:

And this segment is why I was disturbed by Bannon being dismissed.

• Oldschool says:

Me too mimbler. Bannon’s influence is invaluable, but Steve is not going away, nor are the people who share these values. I pray he is engaged in some powerful manuevers. Imo, he is Trump’s best “general”.

• COlibertybelle says:

Bannon was not dismissed…he quit in order to be PDJT’s wing man on the outside! , Respectfully – egad, people, THINK about it!

• mimbler says:

Certainly possible, yet certainly possible he was pushed out.

Count the conservatives that serve as close advisers to PDJT. Do any spring to mind as opposed to 6 months ago?

I’m not a believer in the 3d chess theories. I think with PDJT that what we see is what we get. And that is not a bad thing, unless we don’t like what we are seeing.

• Deb says:

What we see with PDJT is someone who strategizes with a big picture in mind. I think Bannon simply isn’t a team player, and so the WH wasn’t a good fit for him. That doesn’t mean PDJT has suddenly become a pawn that can be played by less conservative advisors.

• Linda says:

Self Deport = E-Verify (Employers must be held accountable and Punished)

6. citizen817 says:

On draining the swamp

7. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Bannon did a good job on 60 mins. based on the clips I’ve seen. But look at Clooney who deigns to slur him. Clooney’s real personality is dirty and gross.

Actor-director George Clooney attacked Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon Friday at the Toronto International Film Festival, saying the former White House chief strategist would be “licking my ass” to gain success in Hollywood.

• mimbler says:

Yes, and what he is slandering Bannon about is contradicted by the libs Bannon worked with in Hollywood, who to a man/woman maintain he was a great, principled guy, even though they disagreed with his politics.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

No one knows what Bannon supposedly did to George to deserve this rancour. I doubt Clooney is even on Bannon’s radar.

• mimbler says:

Yes, I think Clooney just reflexively hates Bannon because he supported Trump. Clooney has revealed himself to be a very shallow, hateful person.

• Judith says:

Clooney is a typical hyped-up Hollywood “icon” who rode to stardom solely on nepotism. His acting is passable and his work, largely forgettable.

• mimbler says:

Yes, being a guy, I was unimpressed with his “good looks” and never saw why he was famous.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Ahem, cough…cough. I feel I must step up and confess. I had always found him to be ah, shall we say attractive?

However, somewhere in the mid nineties he began to irritate me with his libtard political activism. At that time, I was still a frequent movie goer.

It took me a year or two, but I finally got to the point where I could not go watch him any longer. Instead of seeing whatever character he was portraying, I couldn’t stop seeing him as George Clooney, libtard activist. Spell broken. Moved on.

• mimbler says:

Ha! Yes, my wife went through a nearly identical transition with him!

In a return of true confessions, in my youth, I thought very highly of Barbara Streisand, a very talented musician and attractive. But about 30 years ago she started with her hateful, childish political rants, and I could no longer enjoy her music. No loss, because there are more talented musicians than I will ever have time to hear. No need to patronize the hateful ones.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Ha,ha! Mrs. M. has great taste! Even better now that she has put Clooney in the discarded heart throb stack!

Did you happen to see someone on the Daily Thread yesterday complaining about TCM? He was enjoying John Wayne or Steve McQueen movies or something and then BOOM! There were like six Barbra Streisand movies and it killed his buzz.

I read it as Barbara Stanwyck and was indignant, but then I realized it was Barbra Streisand. Cracked me up when another Treeper commented she had done the same thing!

And I used to enjoy her movies, too, but I sure can’t be bothered with her anymore. I hate it when I can’t just enjoy entertainers any more because they insist on being activists or something. Ruins the whole experience.

• Mia C says:

Good for you. It’s easier for me since I don’t find him that attractive. He’s funny though, but what a sleaze bag. I don’t partake of much of Hollyweird. They clearly don’t like me or America so the feeling has become mutual.

• Chuck Roast says:

And he can’t sing worth a damn either.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

His exact words were that of a low-class, 17 yr old, street thug punctuated with coarse and foul language. When he isn’t reading a script, George’s is an illiterate with vocabulary of 20 words. Amal’s first language isn’t English which explains how they get along well together.

“Steve Bannon is a failed f**king screenwriter, and if you’ve ever read [his] screenplay, it’s unbelievable,” he said. “Now, if he’d somehow managed miraculously to get that thing produced, he’d still be in Hollywood, still making movies and licking my ass to get me to do one of his stupid-ass screenplays.”

• thesavvyinvester says:

“Clooney’s real personality is dirty and gross.” What he said is probably some sort Freudian slip, but let that go…. Every-time I see him with Danny Devito and that commercial for the espresso machine I tell my better half don’t ever let me turn into those two D****bags…

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

I almost bought the espresso machine in a store until they told me Clooney is their spokesperson – thinking it would convince me. I immediately thanked them, walked straight out the door and never went back.

8. Dora says:

Steve Bannon’s not done…

More from Charlie Rose’s 60 Minutes interview with Steve Bannon, the controversial former chief strategist and campaign architect for President Trump

9. citizen817 says:

NEVER FORGET!

10. citizen817 says:

This happened back in July. Not covered by the media, of course.

11. Dizzylizzy says:

I like Bannon. His understanding of the struggle between the middle class/main street/citizen vs. the political/lobbiest elite goes to the heart of the fight. Looks like Trump gets Bannon and Bannon gets Trump. Good!

12. dekester says:

We are watching 60 mins now on the Westcoast.

We haven’t watched it in decades..we only have it on because of the information posted here.

I can only say Wow! I am paraphrasing it a bit, but Bannon stated categorically that he will go to the wall for your President.

All I see him fighting this as*wipe Rose.

Bannon, said he will be his wingman on the outside.

Bannon will be far more effective on the outside…

In my view it was fantastic..but I am biased. Extremely biased.

Charlie Rose..was getting extremely angry..the hate these leftie scumbags have for good people will be their demise.

Rose…is really losing it.

Great Stuff!

God bless PDJT

13. citizen817 says:

• dekester says:

Bannons best line may have been. When asked if he’d taken names.

He said ” Yes I am Irish, they are in my Black book.”

Thoroughly enjoyable. Bannon sure appears to one extremely loyal friend to your President.

If I have read him wrong. I give up.

• Dazza says:

Re: Twitter “…..you’re just going to have to live with it”

Tremendous.

Rose looked like a leftie hack throughout. He couldn’t disguise it.

• Linda says:

Left Wing Populism or Right Wing Populism is PTrumps leverage for the Right Wing to gets its act together = MAGA Party

14. citizen817 says:

15. Bull Durham says:

According to a news report I saw, on OAN, Omarosa Manigault is an enemy of the state, as judged by General Kelly. He won’t give her direct access to POTUS without screening her.

This is just what the Black inner city and religious groups she liaisons with for DJT needs. A big White Man saying no. When she’s there to pipeline directly and swiftly with DJT.

I think nothing good is going on in the Oval Office. Everyone gets a swollen head with the power they are entrusted with. COS is a job of screening time, not people the President trusts.
    For eight months the COSs have screwed up nearly everything.

Kelly should go back to Homeland Security and screen the damn drugs from coming in and the criminals from coming in and the aliens from coming over our border.

DJT is a man who needs his style to be protected. Yes, there are priorities of importance.
    NK over Cleveland. I get that. But the issues she is tied to are crucial promises still unkept because of Congress. Liaison and communications with the Blacks and Evangelicals who trust DJT need her pipeline to be open and not filtered by an anal retentive no one elected.

Trump works 18 hour days. Plenty of minutes for everyone. Schedule them. Don’t block his closest most loyal and trusted people. You are ruining MAGA, General.

• paulraven1 says:

Can’t just blame Kelly. Trump is man in charge and must take responsibility for those to whom he delegates this stuff.

• The Defiant One says:

Bull, I share your apprehension, but one thing to never forget… Pres. Trump has always been his own man. While Gen. Kelly might filter who comes to see him, if Pres. Trump wants to see someone or get something done… he’ll see that person and get it done with bigly aplomb!

Another thing to remember if Trump starts thinking Gen. Kelly is no longer a good fit for the job, he’ll fire him in a heart beat!

• How does OAN know this?

16. Pam says:

17. wheatietoo says:

18. winky says:

I loved Steve Bannon after watching that interview. I agree with pretty much everything he said. I could not believe it…he tells it like it is. I especially liked what he said about the Bush’s and the last 3 administrations.
    I do not believe for a minute he was forced out. I believe he was there for a short amount of time and that was the plan all along. He said it himself…..”I am not a staffer” If one thinks about it he has a lot of power cause he could destroy a person with one negative story…..so that vile Clooney better shut up…he is nothing more than a mouthpiece fir the cartel.
    I believe he will always be there for PTrump….he can do so much more on the outside for him and for all of us. God bless Steve Bannon…..my kind of guy.