Today appears to be the apex of cumulative rainfall for Texas. However, the downstream watershed continues to create massive community flooding and forcing ongoing rescue efforts in a widening circle East of Houston Texas.  Some shelters are now being flooded.

(REUTERS) “The worst is not yet over for southeast Texas as far as the rain is concerned,” Governor Greg Abbott said, referring to the area that includes Beaumont and Port Arthur.

He warned residents of the storm-hit areas to expect flood waters to linger for up to a week and said that the area affected by the storm was larger than that hit by 2005’s Hurricane Katrina, which killed more than 1,800 people in New Orleans, and 2012’s Super-storm Sandy, which killed 132 around New York and New Jersey.

The population of Houston’s metropolitan area alone is about 6.5 million, far greater than New Orleans’ at the time of Katrina. Abbott asked that the federal government agree to spend more on rebuilding Texas’ Gulf Coast than it did after the earlier storms.

Floodwaters inundated part of Port Arthur’s Bob Bowers Civic Center, forcing the residents who had sought shelter there into the bleachers, according to photos posted to social media.

A shelter in Lake Charles was bracing for about 1,500 people rescued from floods by the U.S. Coast Guard, said Angela Jouett, who is running the shelter. A line of buses arrived in the early afternoon and began to unload people who had fled the storm.

Among them was Jacelyn Alexander, 41, who woke up at 4 a.m. when the person who lived in the apartment below hers in Orange, Texas, knocked on her door to warn her the building was flooding. She flagged a rescue boat and escaped.

“I can’t move. I’m wet and tired. I’m trying to find my family,” said Alexander, who said she had last spoken on the phone with her parents early in the morning when her father told her he had declined a rescue.

[…] Texas officials said close to 49,000 homes had suffered flood damage, with more than 1,000 destroyed. Some 195,000 people have begun the process of seeking federal help, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said. (read more)

This entry was posted in Hurricane Harvey, media bias, Weather Events. Bookmark the permalink.

217 Responses to Weakening Storm Harvey Slowly Heads Northeast – Rescue, Relief and Recovery Efforts Continue…

1. I feel so helpless up here in Washington State. We’ve donated to Samaritains Purse, but that seems like such a cop out. I want to be down there helping. I just realized something.

We have neighbors and hurting people right here. I will turn my grief and energy into helping that which God has layer infront of me.

• Sharon Moe says:

Thank you from a Texan! I am not directly impacted by Harvey, but I know this will bring out the good in people everywhere.

• Minnie says:

God bless you, both ❤️❤️

• Alison says:

What a great idea, Mz Molly. I, too, donated to Samaritan’s purse but want to do more. I will do as you suggested.

• sundance says:

• mw says:

What made me feel better was going through my closet and donating lotsa clothes, then buying some cat supplies, for a truckload some local veterans are driving down to Texas. Tangible. Prayed over the clothing for the women who would receive it. I think of someone being happy they hasomething pretty to wear, have dishes for their cat to eat in, and cat treats for them. I’m going to do more, did not have much advance notice for this pick up.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I was so proud when I saw a picture my niece had posted. Where she works came out OK, so they were back to work yesterday. Instead of the usual dental patients they were all making care packages for the flood victims.

• Rebcalintx says:

MzMollyAnn, that is what this should do,soften our hearts. Remind us to help in whatever small way we can. Reach out to our family, neighbor, or a stranger in need. I am providing childcare to my nephew with a 1 year old so his wife can go to school. They can’t afford childcare so I say no charge. Opportunities to open our hearts in our sphere of influence or wherever you can.

• Sunshine says:

I’m a deep animal lover. People have cell phones, they can scream, screech, call out for help, head towards roof tops, wave, and walk through water (the majority of people). But animals can’t.

I’ve seen absolutely wonderful videos and pics of animals being rescued, may it be dogs (including idiots that tied up their dogs to poles and others that left them in pens), cats, horses, and what to say about Harvey – the Hurricane Hawk that took refuge in someone’s car?

Harvey, the Hurricane Hawk, it’s well worth looking at all the updates. Two redneck guys brought it home, put it on their bar in front of the liquor bottles, hung a piece of meat on a pole as food but Harvey the Hawk couldn’t eat it because hawks don’t eat that way, especially in front of a blaring T.V.

GOD works in strange ways… I THINK this HURRICANE EVENT will UNITE the USA.

• alliwantissometruth says:

The hawk did eat. It ate chicken hearts on the end of a stick. It’s on one of the updates. Had a bowl of water too

• Sunshine says:

I know. I said to look at updates. Kudos to these guys who took on this hawk.

I think the rescue center told them how to feed it on such a short surface without getting too close. The guys were uncertain about approaching it for feeding, this is why they used a stick, and I understand these guys who are not used to birds of prey I use eyebrow tweezers… much closer and personal.

When that bird landed in their car, it was in shock – people of experience can see it. It also had an injury to an elbow, I believe – those who know can see it. Shoulders were fine but the elbow…. Recovery can be five weeks+ within a constrained environment where they can’t open their wings. Very difficult situation for rehabber and bird, but necessary.

Hawks, or whatever bird of prey, do not eat from something dangling one foot away from them. It has to be on the ground near them where their talons and beak can take hold of the food and rip it. Failing the adequate surface area, it has to be fed up close with shredded meat and even some fruits.

I have friends whose cats kill baby rabbits (sad), birds (all sad), mice and whatever… They freeeze them for me. I slit the torso open, get rid of the intestines, after thawing and VOILÀ…

Never forget: We are the most dangerous of predators in their mind, and this applies to all wild birds.

ONCE AGAIN, congratulations to these guys, it’s not obvious to live with a wild hawk.

• margarite1 says:

I donated to Samaritan’s Purse and the Cajun Navy. Tonight I will donate to those helping the stranded animals. Here are some sites in case you want to join in:

The SPCA of Texas – https://www.spca.org/

The SPCA of Louisiana – https://www.la-spca.org/

The Houston Humane Society – http://www.houstonhumane.org/

The Louisiana Humane Society – http://news.humanela.org/

• Sunshine says:

Good girl. Red Cross, so much money going towards high-level salaries, beautiful offices or buildings, luxuries and perks – Red Cross is not a charity, it’s a corporate business. Notice it’s often Red Cross volunteers who do the work.

• Kent says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR DONATION! I live five or so blocks from that civic center and did not get water in my house….came pretty close…it’s strange to see boats cruising where I had driven the day before…

Please all…donate…even if it’s only $5…give what you can and God Bless……

• piper567 says:

How can we as sundance to start another thread on Harvey, and maybe the next upcoming ? is it IRMA ?

2. ladyliberty11 says:

God bless Texas! Witnessing vignette after vignette of neighbor helping neighbor, strangers helping strangers, blacks helping whites, whites helping blacks, and on and on, I am not “amazed” at all. Americans are decent, loving people. Sadly, am not surprised at all how “amazed” the talking-head MSM elites are at the common decency of the American people. They need to take a good, hard look in the mirror. We are not a racist, bigoted, or selfish people.

Their constant drumbeat to the contrary has been drowned out by an Act of God, revealing the truth of the beautiful and courageous spirit of this country and our great President.

• Very inspiring observation.

• kpm58 says:

As the waters are used to wash away our sins, the rains have exposed the true mettle of America.

• Sayit2016 says:

I have not even watched the news- I have been following updates here and online as I have family there — I absolutely refuse to listen to them– I KNOW who America is… I know we are a good and a kind people….So many prayers being lifted up….THAT is the America I know and love with all of my heart.

• Fe says:

Same here, I refuse to even listen to the bits on the radio not to mention the tv, I never turn it on, if it’s on it’s because my husband is home and he turned it on to watch sports. I have been getting all of my news right here.

• olderwiser21 says:

Same – however, some of the Youtube videos of the rescues have been really inspiring to watch. No television, though…..

• kpm58 says:

I try to take in as much as I can, which can be confusing. The hard part is to step outside of it all and view as a whole to separate the cream from the curd. I think gestalt is the word.

• Covfefe-USA says:

Have completely stopped watching ‘the news’ for about at least 8 mos now. They have nothing to do with ‘news’. They’re about gossip/slander in Washington, and riling people up to create issues for ratings. They disgust me. Check into CTH at least 5-6x/day. Don’t go to BB any longer, based on too many negative comments I’ve been seeing about where they’ve been going. Fox is dead to me now – for some 6 mos at least. Will occasionally watch Lou Dobbs and Stuart Varney if there’s a breaking issue of some sort, but even that is sketchy. Its all over now. And donated $$ to Hurricane Relief through Lakewood Church, thinking it’s totally local – no delay – and will go directly without much delay. I am proud of our Texas neighbors and seeing their amazing efforts. Believe the LORD God Almighty is being glorified in amazing ways. I’m proud and happy to be an American. God Bless the USA and our dear president.We pray for him daily.

• piper567 says:

I noticed today the surprising # of threads running here at CTH.
          It made me think of a motto used by a now caca-laden newspaper once upon a time.
          Right now, CTH is sorta like an old-time newspaper:
          All the news that’s fit to print.
          Not a whole lotta reason to go anywhere else.
          If its interesting and/or important, it’ll be here, sometimes days before its seen anywhere else. If its EVER seen anywhere else.

• The Boss says:

Americans helping Americans. Yeah, certain people don’t get it, nor do they want to. Our media has a long way to go to show it respects and honors the First Amendment and the American people. If they don’t, they will pay a steep price.

• Mary Angela says:

What you say is very true. The overwhelming majority of Americans are not Racist and do not suffer from Class Envy. Unfortunately, the MSM suffers from all the most miserable traits of human kind.

• piper567 says:

msm and all of their treasonous criminal allies are the minority in this Country.
        I agree, that Harvey may be a unifying event in the midst of all the destruction and sorrow.
        Americans are concerned for the people impacted by this storm..
        Americans are not interested in the politics of division, they are interested in the good.
        Let us hope the msm’s refusal to properly broadcast the noble and human stories within this event, to include Governmental co-ordination, leadership, and heart, results in America correctly judging these criminals, signaling their death knell.
        This storm may be a gift from God, as others have suggested.
        In the story of The Prodigal Son, you remember the Bible says the errant boy, “Came to his senses”, saying, “I will return to my father.”
        Let us pray America comes, now, to her senses, and yes, returns to God.

• ladypenquin says:

It’s deliberate on the part of the MSM. Not even naivete can be blamed. They have a Leftist agenda and were moving forward, rapidly, during the Obama Era; President Trump’s election has thrown them for a loop. Their spin about Antifa backfires on them, and now the true story of Texas (and America) Strong really ruins their messaging.

• Just Curious says:

Well said, Ladyliberty11. I could not have said any better than what you have posted. May God shower you and those unfortunate peoples in Texas and Louisiana with many blessing. From what I have read from our fellow treepers thus far tonight, our country is in good shape despite the efforts from some other to disunite us, and let us not even going there.

3. Pam says:

4. listingstarboard says:

I am dreading what they find when the water recedes. I pray that people got out. God Bless Texas

5. Wee2low says:

Amazing pictures. Tells a very different story than what the MSM wants you to believe America is.

“Abbott asked that the federal government agree to spend more on rebuilding Texas’ Gulf Coast than it did after the earlier storms.”

While I know the main focus needs to remain on saving lives, things are going to start happening fast. Two-thirds of the Super Storm Sandy relief package had nothing to do with Super Storm Sandy (i.e. pork). There are many in Congress licking their chops on Houston as we speak. My bet is they’ll do the same only on steroids because of the size and scope of this disaster. They also may use this as a wedge issue against President Trump.

Please write your Congressmen and demand no pork in the Harvey relief package.

6. amwick says:

I noticed a theme to the pics at the top. No black or white, just wet.

7. Red Nor Blue says:

That bottom picture touched me, deeply.

8. andyocoregon says:

500,000 flood cars expected after the water recedes. Don’t buy one. Watch the YouTube videos. They could end up anywhere in the U.S. Salvage titles often get replaced with new titles.

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

They can be scarped for parts.. A wet fiberglass fender is still good. Stripping cars for parts are hard to track. Many stripped parts can be cleaned dried any reused. The problem is buying a whole car that has been flooded and expecting it to drive well.

9. Sylvia Avery says:

I wrote this yesterday on a “flood” threads, but I wanted to repost it because there is little I can do but I can at least let you know that you are valued, even if you’re not in Texas helping out. I know there are guys like this, guys like I grew up with, all over this country.

“After 9/11 there was a brief period of time when people really appreciated, really valued men who could do things. The men with muscles and calluses who could do physical things that helped others, like construction guys, firefighters, cops, and other occupations like that were honored because they could do the important stuff–the life or death stuff. The stuff that matters in an emergency.

The Harvey coverage brings that back. One after another I see images of regular men, so often put down and despised in our society, who are the ones out there in the filthy, toxic flood water carrying people on their backs, rescuing dogs, saving a horse, whatever it takes. Strong, courageous, determined.

Whether our society is willing to acknowledge it or not, we owe you men a big thank you. You amaze me, you humble me, and you make me so grateful. I am so sorry for the disrespect that is usually heaped on your heads, and I am so proud of the way you rise above it and show everyone when it matters most how much we need you.

Thanks guys.”

10. amwick says:

For non tweeters:

11. silverlakela says:

LOCK HER UP!!!

Compel The F.B.I. To Release All Records Pertaining To Hillary Clinton’s Personal Secret Server Email Investigation

• Disgusted says:

Something is very wrong here. I have tried twice, and each time I was told my e-mail wasn’t allowed to be included, and it is still in Obama’s realm, referring to him as president, etc.

12. Plato says:

Hee, hee…the take away from the pictures is that when kids want to sleep, they sleep. Disregarding any darn flood.

13. Missing Andrew says:

Engineered Climate Cataclysm: Hurricane Harvey

• Disgusted says:

Missing Andrew, WTH is THIS?? No proof? No source? Come on, now! WHO’S OPINION IS THIS?

• andyocoregon says:

There’s a conspiracy theory for everything these days. The forecasting is the result of computer modeling. Mankind didn’t control this hurricane any more than we control “climate change”, another name for “weather”.

• Meh. Lots of real fast talking there. Doesn’t let you reflect on whether the guy is speaking facts or not.

• Judith says:

I’ve read about the federal government’s weird experiments at their HAARP weather facility in Alaska. People have blamed this secretive federal program for all kinds of severe weather, droughts as well as floods. They say the government is interested in how weather can be used as a weapon against enemies.

I don’t know much about it but, with chemtrails blamed on additives in airplane fuel, meant to block harmful radiation, I’d say that anything is possible! There is so much Deep State intel they don’t want President Trump, or us, to ever find out.

• olderwiser21 says:

Baloney – good try, though……

14. freddy says:

I can’t help thinking all this uplifting news watch folks help each other could be replaced with very worst… I can’t imagine looting won’t be widespread as folks return home to nothing left.I’m betting it starts up tonite……….

15. Having family that live in Houston has been a pretty traumatic experience. They were rescued from their home one night and spent that night in one of the shelters. The next day they were able to picked up from there and spent the next night with family in an area that did flood but not as bad. They were without power for a while but all were safe.

Yesterday they made it back to their home and found it had the first floor had been flooded with 6 feet of water. They were still rebuilding from last years flood so it could have been much worse than it was.

My cousins son spent the night at the house to protect it from looters. As if life was bad enough, people were out robbing others that have lost almost everything.
    Today talking with them they seemed upbeat and ready to start with the cleanup. Joking that they are now experts since this is now the 4th time in 3 years they have been through this flooding and water damage.

They are in no way the worst victims of this storm. But like all you see and hear from these people, they will press forward and rebuild their lives.
    When I asked about building supplies, food and other things they needed to get back to some kind of normal existence, I was told with a slight laugh, we have some food markets that are open and even 2 fast food places. We’ll be fine.

They just need to get to work on the clean up. The rest of everything will happen in due time.
    And for the record, they have had enough. They are moving out of state and to somewhere that has no running water on their property and the new house will be up high on a mountain.

I would like to thank all of the many people here who have extended prayers and comfort during this time.
    My hope and prayers go out to all the others effected by this storm and hope they get their lives back in order sooner than later.

16. fleporeblog says:

From the link that SD provided above:

He warned residents of the storm-hit areas to expect floodwaters to linger for up to a week and said that the area affected by the storm was larger than that hit by 2005’s Hurricane Katrina, which killed more than 1,800 people in New Orleans, and 2012’s Superstorm Sandy, which killed 132 around New York and New Jersey.

The current death toll is at 30. Regrettably it will rise once the water dissipates and folks can check in on love ones. The Mayor of Houston will have the lives of many Americans on his hands for overriding the recommendation of the Great Governor of Texas. Hopefully it will be less than the number from Superstorm Sandy.

I pray every night for that!

17. andyocoregon says:

I wonder how many of those who drowned in their cars would still be alive if they had this tool? If your car door won’t open when your power door locks are on, you could be trapped under water.

• Minnie says:

Thank you for this post, will see if local Auto Zones or the like carry it.

• NickD says:

Just don’t take try to take one in a courthouse…I had one on my keyring and the sheriff at the security line said it was a prohibited item because of the seatbelt cutter (i.e., blade). I was struck dumb that he saw this tool as a threat (I was an intern who went through that same line several times a week, and had had that device since starting). I could think of three or four other ways to bring in a blade that wouldn’t be so blatant as a brightly colored item on my keyring which I had to put in plain sight to go through the metal detector.

Still a little bitter because of that, if you couldn’t tell

• Texian says:

Careful though.. the rules of pressure and depth still apply. Before breaking or attempting to open the door – you must have the mental strength of self-restraint and not panic. You have to let the interior of the car fill up till the last foot or so pocket of air. Take your last breath then break the glass or push open the door – the remaining water will rush in and you go under..

If the car is only half full and you break the glass – the water pressure rushing in will be a shock and will swamp you – just be ready for it if you want to do it that way..

18. There are many people from Brownsville driving trucks loaded with food clothing toiletries and stuff. They are actually going everyday from yesterday and scheduled to go this weekend. We are donating to those who are willing to take them!. The churches are organizing them.
    I feel great we are able to do something otherwise feel helpless!

19. kidsndogsncats says:

People in the shelters are cold, wet, hungry and exhausted. They’ve lost their homes, cars, and everything they own. Some of them don’t know where their relatives are.
    But, but, Melania got on the plane in high heels! Oh the horror, imagine!
    Sheesh….these so called news people don’t know yet how irrelevant they are.
    By 2020, they will have worked themselves into total irrelevance, I hope, I hope.

20. Judith says:

..And it *IS* a fact that a huge part of UN’s Agenda 21 (signed by GW in 1992) is the ultimate control of population centers, via high-density “workforce” modules constructed near mass transit.

The Agenda specifies that outlying coastal areas, beaches and mountains are to be “reclaimed” by nature and devoid of people. Cataclysmic weather events are a great way to “reclaim” these settlements, I’d say!

Al Gore’s climate scam feeds into this agenda, as does the large scale human trafficking seen today and even China’s ghost town cities. They’ve been pretty busy getting this all done by 2021. There are too many components of Agenda 21 to mention here, suffice to say that nothing, I repeat nothing, is off the table with these global Elite Deep State scum. If they ever perfect the robots they won’t need us at all.

21. art!

22. kinthenorthwest says:

And I thought that Democrats couldn’t go any lower than the underground gutter they are already below

Anti-Trump ‘resistance’ hero Linda Sarsour steers Harvey relief funds to political activist group

23. please sign!

24. scott467 says:

To the extent that it is possible to understand what I’m about to say in a way that is an observation about the pictorial presentation and not a commentary about the content, that is how it is intended.

It is great that everyone is helping each other, and I would hope and expect no less.

But the photos feel like an atomic sledgehammer of racial harmony propaganda. Every. Single. Photo.

Feels like we’re trying too hard to send a message, rather than cover the events.

Over the last few years, like many people, my ‘propaganda radar’ has become finely tuned, because much propaganda is subtle by design. When a set of photos like that come along, it’s like an Electro-Magnetic-Pulse bomb, the overload wipes out the entire system.

Like wearing night-vision goggles, and someone suddenly aims a flashlight in your eyes.

Just sayin’…

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. 😉

25. lizzieintexas says:

The water fell so hard and fast in Port Arthur that the entire town is under water (26″ in 24hrs) . They have been trying to get residents rescued from a nursing home all afternoon. They are currently putting them on medical helicopters and Chinooks. They are being taken to a hospital in Conroe, Tx

Live coverage (off/on)

26. LEET says:

10 more amazing stories of the American spirit in the face of adversity.

27. louche9 says:

Kids, They work both sides, as well. If PT dares tweet something not directly pertaining to either Port Arthur or Rockport, TX, replies to the effect that he is an uncaring expletive invariably follow. As awful as the situation is, he is president with the world on his plate, and he was just in Corpus Christie. Obama not even showing up after Hurricane Gustav, and the half-assed FEMA response there, gets a total pass.

28. NYGuy54 says:

Governor Abbott has to be the best governor in the country

29. kinthenorthwest says:

This so awesome…
    America’s Helping Hands

30. Schmetterling jäger says:

Polish-born legal immigrant here :)Texan by the grace of US Army,American since 2015,and a faithful reader of the treehouse for a year.Voted for president Trump in my first US election since becoming a ctizen.Thank you for your excellent articles and comments,I have learned so much from this blog.
    I wanted to share this beautiful clip with you;hurricane evacuees singing gospel.It touched my heart very deeply and made me cry.I love America!

• Landslide says:

Welcome to the Treehouse and congrats on posting! Once you start, you will enjoy the interaction so much. I’m in Texas also–lots of us here. I love that video—in fact I had imagined someone singing Amazing Grace as “lights out” was approaching. Then, I saw this video. Very touching.

• Schmetterling jäger says:

Thank you!I love Texas;beautiful places to visit,friendly and generous people,not to mention the long summers.Coming from rather cold country,I love me some Texas heat,lol.
        Watching the suffering from hurricane just broke my heart and watching this video,I completely lost it and cried like baby.This is the spirit of America,a country I admired growing up behind Iron Curtain.

• georgiafl says:

Thank you for the wonderful video!

Welcome to the Treehouse and welcome to the realm of US Citizenship.

We love you and we love Poland! President Trump and the First Lady’s trip to Poland was so exciting – especially because of the Christian kinship between the US and Poland.

We are so impressed with the courage and goodness of your people and government!

• Schmetterling jäger says:

Thank you.Polish people always loved and admired America.It was a symbol of freedom and unbroken spirit.The land of endless possibilities.We all hoped one day ,we will be free like Americans.And we will always be thankful to president Reagan for “Mister Gorbatschow,tear down that wall!”
        I loved President Trump’s speech in Warsaw,there were so many great things he said ,especially regarding our history and the fate of Western Civilization.He spoke straight to the heart of Polish people and we love him for that.And the fake US media lied that people were bussed in by the government, because they couldn’t bear that he was loved in Poland.
        The very fake news doesn’t know the Polish soul,nobody would be there if they did not want to.We are fiercely independent and after not existing for 123 years,followed by the Nazi and Soviet occupations,no government can bus us anywhere,lol.
        And it was our faith and the love for our country soaked by the blood of our ancestors that helped us through those tragic times,the churches were the underground opposition throughout our history.Western Europe hates us because we are not degenerated enough for their standards;abortion and gay marriage are not legal in Poland.And they call us racists and Nazis for not wanting to take Muslim refugees because we see what is happening in Western Europe.Germans are calling us Nazis ,go figure,lol.

• piper567 says:

oh, what wonderful comments from a real source of information.
          We love our legal immigrants…and so happy to have you as a citizen.
          Love the way you characterize EU as degenerate. We have many of those issues to deal with. …all a part of The Swamp we want President Trump to drain.
          Many of us are grateful for our History also, and wish to protect it from those who would deny it.
          So admire the Polish people who are now standing against those who would dictate to you.
          In many ways, USA and Poland stand side by side in his spiritual battle.

• Schmetterling jäger says:

Thank you.Not only Poland ,all former Soviet satellites countries feel pretty much the same.Western Europe is a bored,decadent,post-capitalism society that enjoyed democracy and prosperous life for a while..Meanwhile Eastern Europe is busy surviving post-communist era,creating democracies,rebuilding economies,becoming capitalist.No one pays attention to the few screeching social justice warriors because they are busy putting food on their table.You know,hard times make strong men,strong men make good times,good times make weak men,weak men make hard times.Eastern Europeans also value their family,traditions,history ,and patriotism- the glue of society.And they know propaganda,when they see it.They are basically the Trumpers of Europe, if I may say so,lol.
            Angela Merkel ,the Queen of Europe wants to dictate to Poland who do we welcome to our country or else! German media openly call Polish people racist,xenophobic,nationalist(as if that’s a bad thing).The propaganda in German main stream media is unbelievable.
            Mwahaha,those pesky Polish Nazis,didn’t want Hitler’s army of peace in their country in 1939,now they don’t want Angela’s religion of peace.How dare they love their country!(sarc)
            I truly think America is the last bastion of Western Civilization.Well,and Eastern Europe,
            believe it or not.MAGA!

• piper567 says:

jager,
              I believe that USA and E European Countries are beginning to align themselves with each other because of our mutual love of freedom.
              Our President’s speech while he was in Poland was as stirring to many of us here as I hope it was to the Polish people.
              We love us some Polish folks !

• rashamon says:

Welcome to the U.S. of A., the Treehouse, the U.S. Army and Texas. I have tons of relatives in the Lone Star State as they worked as surveyors starting in the early 1830s and like it so much, they stuck around to become Texas Rangers and fight for its independence from Mexico.

You’ll notice the camaraderie amongst the natives only increases under hardships, and they quickly adopt newcomers as their own. May you enjoy and support our PDJT through the many battles he is fighting for us. MAGA!

• Schmetterling jäger says:

Thank you!Wow,that’s a great family history!I have been here only short 16 years;long story short:Polish girl,American soldier meet at October Fest in Germany ,fell in love ,got married,the rest is history,lol.Celebrating 20 years of marriage this year.Our son,although born in Germany considers himself Texan,haha.We love Texas!Because Texas is the America of America!
        I will always support our President DJT,a man who loves this country so much ,he gave up the great life he had to save it.I truly love and admire this man.MAGA!

• Blacksmith8 says:

Welcome to Texas, y’all.

31. Ladybug 2 says:

I have watched a lot of flood coverage and noticed dozens of likely racist, ‘hick’ southerners, wading waist deep, hauling people of all colors and their pets, out in anything that will float!. So how did I miss all those high minded, peace loving BLM and Antifa folks ? Surely they were doing their part, good citizens that they are.

32. georgiafl says:

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IRMA – the next storm out in the Atlantic – it’s very organized.

If Irma goes south of Cuba, it is likely to hit TX or LA – which they do not need.

If it passes north of Cuba, into the Gulf, it is likely to hook around and hit MS, AL or FL – and we don’t want that either.

33. Ziiggii says:

‘Merica!

34. dkmimi34 says:

The Houston area is special place for me. Some years ago, I took my husband to M.D. Anderson for treatment for kidney cancer. Went back and forth between Florida and Texas for 4 years and was often there for extended periods of time.

Everyone we came in contact with from medical personnel, hotel employees and taxi drivers, were so gracious, caring and polite. This was so appreciated during a very trying time in my life,

I am heartbroken for what these people are going through.

Trying to give back by praying and contributing to Samaritans purse.

Thank you Texas.

35. lizzieintexas says:

36. kinthenorthwest says:

Samaritans Purse is on the road to Texas

37. In Az says:

Have not read all comments so if this has been mentioned I apologize in advance

Tropical Storm Irma formed in the Atlantic Ocean. Headed for the Caribbean. Good possibility it will become a hurricane. Texas coast and Louisiana coast could be inundated with more rain. It might make landfall in South Carolina.

38. georgiafl says:

This song came to mind regarding Texas:

39. Pam says:

40. Pam says:

41. Pam says:

42. Pam says:

43. Pam says:

44. Pam says:

45. TrueNorthSeeker says:

Those who feel they want “to do more” to help, check in with your local fire department. Here in CT several volunteer departments are collecting goods to truck to Texas. Just got back from helping load a tractor trailer full. I stopped by with my truck load of purchased goods, and stayed for a few hours to help load. I’ll return tomorrow to help sort and load again. When it’s full it will be driven to TX. We will start loading a second trailer. I’m tired, sweaty and sore….but it feels so good to be actively helping rather than watching in horror at the scenes on TV and internet. It’s a little thing but many hands make for lighter work.

People/pet food, diapers, formula, toiletries, water, etc…on its way to TX with love and prayers from CT.

46. dbethd says:

I shared this on the Open Thread also.
    Another avenue for donations the Homeschool Foundation Emergency Response Fund:

“But as with last year’s disastrous Louisiana flooding—after which we helped 43 families rebuild their lives—we anticipate that homeschooling families in Texas will be contacting HSF for financial assistance once they can focus on replacing their ruined curriculum and teaching materials.”

47. ddouthat09 says:

Picture at top of article must be photoshopped. It shows a privileged white male who’s just oozing toxic masculinity driving a boat loaded with people-of-color ™ while towing another boat also so loaded. I have been assured by Counterfeit News Network (CNN) i.a., that such is impossible.