Tonight from Fort Myer, Virginia, President Trump is scheduled to address the nation and outline his administration’s national security policy toward the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan, and larger regional issues.

The national speech will be covered by most cable news outlets and is scheduled for 9:00pm EDT.

RSBN Livestream linkFox10 Livestream LinkAlternate Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Iran, Iraq, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Military, President Trump, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

663 Responses to President Trump National Address on Afghanistan and Security Policy – 9:00pm Livestream…

1. Pam says:

2. MaineCoon says:

Heart wrenching decision for a President Trump to make and for me to hear.
    I have never doubted his decisions and I will not do so now.

Thank you Sundance for giving me understanding regarding Pakistan.

Pakistan is now our #1 enemy (I consider NoKo solved). Now PT’s using the same sort of leverage on India with Pakistan as he used with China over NoKo.

President Trump has a plan. I trust his judgment and has long term vision.

God bless President Trump, his family and his cabinet.

God bless our troops.

God bless the USA.

• Kristin says:

Amen. Amen.

• MAGA trump says:

I trust President Trump completely. He is our lion. I fully understand and support his plan for victory against the terrorists in Afghanistan. I am very glad that he called out Pakistan.
        God bless President Trump. God bless America. Trust in the Lord. His will be done.

• Convert says:

Same here.

• Grace Anne says:

God bless you MaineCoon. Peace and sweet dreams tonight.

• MaineCoon says:

Thank you. I do have peace over PT’s decision although very hard to hear it’s the right decision. Pray for him.

• Grace Anne says:

I pray for him daily and will continue. Love my fellow deplorables. Have no idea how it all works out… we are one and we are victorious. I so appreciate you MaimeCoon.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, I think you are right. Now that we have been red pilled on this leverage thing, it is clear he is squeezing Pakistan. Good. If any rotten two bit hell hole needs squeezing it is that place.

• Grace Anne says:

The hell hole is being squeezed and truth revealed. You betcha. Cleaning house is not pretty.

• MaineCoon says:

Pakistan is every as much a source of terrorism as any other places we have fought in ME & they have the bomb. He has to do this. He has no choice. Or I should say he is a leader, he will made the tough decision even though he does not want to go this route – unlike O & Hag who made every place 10x worse.

• MaineCoon says:

Quick story on Pakistan. The father of the Pulse Club terrorists lives in FL (as did the terrorist). He went to Hag’s rally. Sat behind her. He had/has (?) a radio program broadcast back in P’stan and it’s all about tactics/training/jihed, etc. I’d recognize him anywhere as he was on tv lots after showing up at Hag’s rally.

Long story short, I saw him last year at an inlet in FL. He doesn’t live in that town nor was he dressed to be hanging out at this inlet (park, fishing, swimming). As he passed by our eyes locked. I knew who he was. I told my friends but none had a clue.

I was haunted by those cold eyes. All I could think about was he was scouting the inlet for some future terrorist event or illegal shipments into the sleepy inlet/town.

I went home but couldn’t shake it. I went to the mainland and told the police. They took me seriously. Wrote up a suspicious report.

I left our family property and am back home, but I still see those steely, evil eyes.

He’s from P’stan. A terrorist just like his son. He just hasn’t gotten caught. The son’s wife is in jail being brought to trial as an accomplice re: the Pulse nightclub. Same background.

The Awan brothers’ congressional spy ring guys are from P’stan.

They have infiltrated us and our ports.

• Minnie says:

Amen ๐Ÿ™

Agreed ๐Ÿ‘

3. Pam says:

4. Katherine McCoun says:

So many times he has made commitment but not blank checks, not unlimited, all with conditions for other countries to contribute, perform and help.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

Oh crap. We have to stay and fight these idiots in the cray-cray Asian and ME countries. By the time President Trump is done, we will be friends with them all again.

Kill terrorists, fight to win. Washington DC is out of the decisions on the ground. Let Afghans fight their own battles and we don’t rebuild them and they live how they want. No more money for the Pakis and Afghans pay their own freight.

We can leave when the terrorists are dead. Okay…….

6. velvetfoot says:

I like what I heard.

7. Pam says:

8. All American Snowflake says:

“… a time for war and a time for peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:8

9. keeler says:

Has anyone coined the phrase Big Wallet Diplomacy yet?

• georgiafl says:

Isn’t that what Carter, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama practiced? Trying to buy friends in the ME and around the globe?

Sounds like those days are over.

• MfM says:

Georgia’s, I hear what you are saying… but this is more like it’s their wallet bearing the damage not ours.

• keeler says:

The Big Wallet means this:

If you like all that nice American trade and all that nice American foreign aid propping up your economy and your government, you better cooperate with American policy.

China, this means reigning in North Korea.
        Pakistan, this means reigning in jihadi groups.
        Arabic nation-states, this means reigning in jihadi groups (everyone seems to have gotten this message except for Qatar, which was quickly blockaded and eventually caved)
        Mexico, this means paying for a border wall and curbing illegal immigration.
        NATO, this means meeting you financial obligations.

I also suspect Russia might have received this message regarding Assad and Iran.

Those Presidents gave and gave and gave. President Trump is threatening to take it all away. Big difference. Those Presidents paid lip service to vague and theoretical “international cooperation.” President Trump stands at the bully pulpit and directly refers to China, Pakistan, India, NATO, Mexico, etc failing to meet these obligations. Big difference. Those Presidents caved if they ever even tried to force diplomatic concessions. President Trump publicly doubles down on their obstinacy and threatens to walk away from the table, because he knows what America has in its pocket….

“Tweet loudly and carry a big wallet.”

• MaineCoon says:

I ‘heard’ him so no more money, Pakistan.

10. Publius2016 says:

The rationale is Iraq. Withdrawal is not possible in an area committed to Radical Islamic Terrorism.

11. America under this President is back!!!! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Thank you God๐Ÿ’– God bless our Military, Patriots and God bless the United States of America ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ I am quite simply in tears.

Our military can fight unrestrained, NEW rules of engagement. God Bless you Presient Trump๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

12. rjcylon says:

I want to know where this 4,000 additional number came from. I didn’t hear it tonight, but I read it everywhere online. He made it CLEAR tonight that his strategy is what it has always been, you don’t give a heads up on what you’re going to do.

13. Awan must be singing up a storm on Pakistan

• Yankee Lawyer says:

Or Trump setting up Dems to defend Awans and Pakistan. Politically clever.
      Still, I have great difficulty with continued involvement in Afganistan, even just based on fighting terrorists. Terrorism is a tactic that has been embraced by an ideology. We simply cannot kill all the terrorists “over there” to be safe.

• lastinillinois says:

Agree completely regarding fighting terrorists on their turf.

15 years ago – with my oldest enlisted – I was with GWB on ‘going I’m.

15 years on – with my eldest in the Reserves (he has already been ‘over there’ with Reserves) – I am no longer seeing the necessity of our presence there.

Leave those backward barbarians with their poppies and their Khyber Pass.

We tried to help, we made some headway, the rest is up to the locals.

I see no further purpose to being there.

• lastinillinois says:

“I was with GWB on ‘going in’ …..”

• bearsgrrr says:

Agree with everything except leaving the poppies. Destroy the poppy fields . That’s a source of funding for terror and ends up in America .

• Cozette says:

President Trump went into the WH inclined to agree with you. After studying the situation intently for over 6 months he has decided not to completely pull out. Frankly I agree with him and defer to him. I elected him to make those decisions. I do applaud his refocusing Afghanistan as not only that nation’s problem and ours but rather a regional problem. It’s good he’s calling out Pakistan, a nuclear power, and involving India.

• lastinillinois says:

You think Awan is more afraid of the US .gov than he is of ISI?

I don’t.

• MaineCoon says:

Don’t forget the Pulse Club terrorist was her P’stan terrorist heritage via dad. Son’s wife is in jail awaiting trial as accomplice.

14. Katherine McCoun says:

We are not longer fighting to “not loose”, or to get out, we are fighting to Win and be done

15. Pam says:

16. NYVoter says:

Wow, what a speech! Thank god Obama is not our president anymore!
    #ThisIsMyPresident

17. Kristin says:

God speed Mr. President. Drive them out. I am with you.

18. keebler AC ovfefe says:

if anyone can end the Afganistan War, it’s President Donald Trump! He went straight for the Pakistan jugular of rampant terrorist networks, first President to outline this clear and present danger, first president to understand how the AW can be ended properly, not left bleeding. The effective management of the Pakistan outcome will be a testament to live lost there through suicidal ventures from previous administrations.

19. Sylvia Avery says:

Well General Jack Keane is high on the speech. Spoke honestly to the troops, honestly to the public. He is QUITE enthusiastic.

20. flawesttexas says:

“…not nation building…we’re killing terrorists…”

Something Bush 43 never said. Bush was always whining “Islam is a Religion of Peeeeace”

I am always hesitant sending US forces anywhere, but, I really think Trump wants to WIN the was against Islamic Terrorism

21. rjcylon says:

Adult diapers selling out in Pakistan.

22. Pam says:

23. Piper says:

My takeaway from the President’s speech-
    ISIS we are coming to Afghanistan to kill you- my soldiers will not have their hands behind their backs this time, they will use every available weapon to kill you with- get ready!

24. A2 says:

This was not just a policy speech on Afghanistan and south Asia. It was also a message to China, North Korea, Russia, Iran and the domestic troublemakers who wish to divide and conquer the US from within.

• dutzie60 says:

I would hope it’s a message to Antifa or any other rabble rousers that might think about disrupting his rally tomorrow night. I wish he could sic the military on their asses.

• scott467 says:

“I would hope itโ€™s a message to Antifa or any other rabble rousers that might think about disrupting his rally tomorrow night. I wish he could sic the military on their asses.”

________________

He could sic the National Guard and Federal Marshals on them.

And Attorney General Jeff Sessions can prosecute the rent-a-mob participants, the organizers (Democrat leadership to include Obama) and the financiers (Soros, et al), just as soon as he is rescued from the Federal Witness Protection Program where he disappeared shortly after being sworn in.

We should start putting photos of Sessions on milk cartons.

25. Regina says:

Mr. President, we gave you permission to Bomb The Shit Out Of Them

carry on – we’re still behind you

26. I like how he pulled together military, economic, and diplomatic actions; I think this is the first time he has articulated his methodology to the American people.

27. TheTorch says:

Whatever side of the fence you are on with this.

You have to admit that was one heck of a speech.

Very impressed.

In particular pointing out the mistakes of the past, and giving the enemy advance notice of what we are doing, is over, re-affirming what he has said right from the start and exactly what he has done with the fight elsewhere.

He has been dealt a bad hand but he may actually pull this off. Unshackling the military is the key, and exactly what he said, patience is not unlimited, and clearly sending a message to the people we are allied with in that region you either do your bit, or the patience will run out.

28. Pam says:

29. winky says:

I think what PT was saying is if we are going to be there then let’s not dik around. Lets get our enemies and …get them fast….and get it done. Lets not waste money and most important lives just to lose.

30. Bob Thoms says:

I accept that P Trump knows what needs to be done.

If Pakistan is the regional threat; how about a ban on travel from Pakistan?

BTW, what’s going on with the Trump travel bans.

It seems to me if we are as serious as P Trump commits, then let’s go the distance. Shut our borders down from these threatening countries.

31. Ghostrider says:

Fox News is speculating on the troop levels Trump will send into Afghanistan. The President didn’t actually tell us. Wonder if the “leak” was fact or fake in order to flush out the remaining WH leakers. He made a tough decision. I support Trump more than ever.

32. lfhbrave says:

I am afraid that none of the three reasons/justifications POTUS cited for continuing fighting in Afghanistan is convincing. In Afghanistan, there can never be a win in its war because it’s not a war for them, it’s just their way of life, a tribal life style lasting over a thousand years.

• Sandra-VA says:

They want the Taliban OUT OUT …and take their coats…

• winky says:

We cannot just pull out…so if we have to be there we will go full bore and get the job done. Perhaps peace will be achieved when a serious president speaks.

• lfhbrave says:

It is not mutually exclusive between “keep killing terrorists” and “get out of there”. Bombs, CIA, Special Op. can do that, just like what we did when Soviet Union was in Afghanistan.

• NoOneButTrump says:

Don’t be afraid, “brave.” Amateur hour (or decade) is over. Serious adults have this. Just be glad you’re on the winning side, and there are enough brave people who will put on their uniforms and go do what has to be done. All they ask for is our support. God bless them, and God bless and grant wisdom to their Commander in Chief.

33. buckweaver27 says:

Right off the top of my head, my favorite part of the speech was at the beginning when he was talking about the job our military does to protect our freedoms and that we should have a country worthy of them to return to, not one that is fighting each other from within.

• TrueNorthSeeker says:

I liked that too!! Very true sentiment.

• Minnie says:

Yes and unlike the roaming hordes of snowflake ANTIFA, etc, our military (young men and women) are serving our beautiful America for the betterment of all.

They deserve our gratitude and respect.

Throw all the commies into Afghanistan, see what happens.

34. All Too Much says:

The new Rules of Engagement will unchain the warriors. Far too many lives have been lost due to the, now former, sissified political correct rules. Twenty four special ops guys killed trying to rescue Marcus Latrell and his comrades. The ROEs tied their hands. The rest is history.

• FL_GUY says:

The O administration had military lawyers micro-managing the war. Everyone of those decisions got our people killed. Then, they also prosecuted anyone who broke their highly restrictive ROE. I would like to see every military lawyer who participated in this micro-MISmanaging the war on terror stripped of rank, put in a unit made up entirely of themselves and dropped in a hot zone. That’s just my opinion though.

• BebeTarget says:

Yes All, you are correct . . . . the RoEs are to blame for many of the deaths, especially that helo crash where we lost so many SEALs. Supposedly the arms that took it down came from the cache in Benghazi. The change in the RoEs is one of the biggest and best decisions from POTUS. Now, our military’s hands are untied and they have bullets they can actually USE.

• Ohio hayseed says:

Like, like, like; and agree with your perspective, AllTooMuch!! President Trump has faith in his forces on the ground, wouldn’t be surprised to hear of more MOAB’s taking out ISIS bunkers!!

35. TrueNorthSeeker says:

I will trust President Trump. I trust that he will monitor progress made on the points he made. Economic pressure on Pakistan, use leverage of India, give decision making flexibility to military leaders in the field..not manage it from DC, NO MORE NATION BUILDING!!, and No Blank Check or unlimited patience. I will continue to trust our President.

May God bless President Trump….

May God bless our military members and their families

May God bless America.

36. Sandra-VA says:

One of the more interesting aspects of this strategy is engaging India. Just think… they are close by, they have excess persons…. maybe by getting them more involved, eventually, they take over and problem solved – economies thrive between the two, more room for India to spread out, they keep the tribes happy, terrorists out… USA trades with India. WIN WIN.

37. Pam says:

38. He definitely made Obama look like a fake president

39. quintrillion says:

The Commander wants a win for America and the heroes of 16 years of war.
    A winning speech for sure!
    All of P45’s reasons and new rules laid out plain & simple for all to understand.
    No more holding back anything…. kill all terrorists.
    And Pakistan …you suck!

40. Regina says:

c-span just stated that peak troop count in Afghanistan was 100,000 Seven years ago. Obama

they’ll have a hard time spinning that if it’s indeed fact

41. Pam says:

42. NJF says:

Ugggghhh.

Hubby put on โ˜ช๏ธNN & they are airing Lyin’ Ryan’s town hall?????? Did they not air his speech????

43. Lion2017 says:

God Bless our troops!
    God Bless President Trump!
    God Bless America!

44. Regina says:

I like the framing on Pakistan – helps set up bringing down the Awans, too ๐Ÿ˜‰

45. Regina says:

btw, consistent support on c-span call-in program
    2 dweebs, everyone else fully behind the President

46. lorenetn says:

Lyndsey Gramnesty is on Fox News now. He is being quite complimentary of POTUS Trump’s speech. He even said, “I am very proud of my President.” Go figure.

47. NJF says:

Lol. Linsey Graham just said “I’m proud of my President?”

Did he look at the sun???

48. MadeMan says:

Several criticisms. Trump said sitting behind the oval office desk humbled him in regards to his “instincts” about Afghanistan. First, Trump betrayed his instincts that got him elected. Not good. Second, what else will he be humbled about? Amnesty????? Caving to Gary Cohn on trade with China? We have to ask these questions now, we didn’t have to ask before.

During the campaign Trump always insisted about not showing his cards with the Military. Rumors were flying it would be 4,000 additional troops. Noticeably, Trump mentioned nothing about troop numbers. Could this mean 20,000 more US troops? 50,000? If so, this is a flat out betrayal.

Sorry for the outburst, but I’m pizzd about this and fail to see how this is America First, helps the Forgotten Man, and keeps a major campaign promise to not perpetuate failed Middle East policy with more troops and useless wars.

I guess we’ll have to try to spin this as winning somehow. Don’t know where to start

• Bobjasper says:

Pulling out would be a disaster. We would end up right back in a few years

Never show the hand

• Regina says:

“we’ll bomb the shit out of them”
      you didn’t think that would include troops?

• Sandra-VA says:

He didn’t have access to ALL the information as a private citizen, thus when he sat behind that desk he got a rude awakening.

Maybe you should listen to his speech again. He is being tough, he is going for a WIN. He is engaging India to provide more help, he called out Pakistan – which previous admins did not do. He has changed the Rules of Engagement. They are also going to employ diplomacy along with the vermin eradication.

This is a winning strategy.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Ending the war properly is crucial instead of dragging on limitlessly wasting military fund and lives. Casualty rate will fall under Trump. You can bet he listened to the war schemata but he will hold his military advisors to it.

• WSB says:

PT never gave a hand tonight. You still do not know what he is going to do there.

Sleep easy that PT and his miltary will what is best, and you are only on a public need to know basis.

• piper567 says:

MadeMan, I suggest you start by re-considering your negative remarks.
      And maybe realize you have wandered onto a site where such negativity, with no foundation, is eyed suspiciously.

• Cozette says:

Candidate Trump campaigned on a promise to destroy radical Islam and a pledge that we would not be involved in regime change. He is keeping that pledge. Islamist’s are now concentrated in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pakistan has nukes! The Islamist infestation in the region must be dealt with just as Trump promised to do while campaigning. He encouraged us to study General Pershing’s approach to Islamic terrorists. I suggest you do as our President asked. You will gain wisdom and peace of mind.

49. Victor Laszlo says:

Graham made it sound like PT is fixing the rules of engagement. Is he?

50. SR says:

This speech will make lot of RINO, corp America, neo cons and will move discussion from race to national security for this week.