IOC Deal Reached – Los Angeles Will Host 2028 Summer Olympics…

(Via USA Today) Los Angeles will host the 2028 Olympics after the city reached a deal with the International Olympic Committee.

The deal will allow Paris to host the 2024 Games, which had been expected. In waiting four years to host the Games, the Los Angeles Organizing Committee will receive funds from the IOC “in view of the longer planning period” and to support youth sports programs in the city, according to a news release. (more)

Earlier in July President Trump said on Twitter he was “working hard” to bring the Games to Los Angeles, and he met in the Oval Office with Thomas Bach, the president of the I.O.C., to pledge his “full support” at the time.

You might also remember in 2009 former President Barack Obama tried to get the Olympics for Chicago (2016) and even personally traveled to Copenhagen – HE FAILED.

[…] In August the Los Angeles city council and U.S. Olympic Committee board of directors will meet to consider approving the agreement. If it’s approved, LA and Paris will enter a tripartite agreement that clears the way for IOC members to confirm both Olympic host cities at meetings in Lima, Peru, on Sept. 13.

“This is an historic day for Los Angeles, for the United States and for the Olympic and Paralympic Movements around the world,” Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti said in a statement. “Today, we take a major step toward bringing the Games back to our city for the first time in a generation and begin a new chapter in Los Angeles’ timeless Olympic story.”

A news conference with Garcetti and city council president Herb Wesson was scheduled for 5 p.m. Pacific on Monday.  (more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Economy, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

143 Responses to IOC Deal Reached – Los Angeles Will Host 2028 Summer Olympics…

1. Peter G says:

I am so pleased to hear that Mexifornia is hosting the games.

• ECM says:

The state will be a no-go zone by 2028 if something drastic doesn’t change shortly.

• auscitizenmom says:

I had that same thought.

• Ned says:

Read my mind too! That will be the problem of the next President.
          If Trump has two terms that takes him to 2024.

• Bruce Fauth says:

They could have flipped them with Paris in 2028 and LA in 2024. It was under consideration. But, in their nightmare of nighmares, Trump may still be President in 2024 (Lord, please, let it be so) and so, they could not allow him the honor of hosting the games.

• Mike says:

Infrastructure development there starts with paving something over…

• pyromancer76 says:

Where is your faith in our President? It might take until towards the end of his eight years, but I am looking forward to drip, drip, drip of winning as California has to sit up and take notice of national laws, enforcement of those laws, voter fraud cleaned-up, and their tas-paying citizens leaving in more hordes. They will begin to bear the consequences of their stupid spending and criminal behaviors. Looking forward to it.

1st no more bailouts as CA was one of O’s prime catches for marxism, and we got taxpayer money big time to become more and more illegal.

2nd wait until state taxes cannot be deducted from federal taxes. Everyone will have to sit up and take notice of who is paying for what.

3rd there have lots of arrests in Ca. More enforcement of immigration laws and criminal prosecutions to come.

4th I hear that many Silicone Valley types are leaving for other places due to high, high prices and crime in their area.

5th Once Silicone Valley-Information Tech types (this includes those in the state of Washington) begin to face freedom and free speech on the internet (antitrest/utility rethinking), some of those sky high stock prices might drop earthward.

I’m sure I could find many more if I tried. As far as Calexit goes, the federal government (we the people, if we have a President like Donald Trump) “owns” something like 54% of CA. We might even have some military bases in this beautiful state.

As I said, keep the faith

• ECM says:

Who said I was lacking in faith? All I said was something needs to change, quickly…

• I also have 100% faith in Pres Trump but this is just not something I can get excited about.

I suppose I am happy that Pres Trump pulled it off when Obama failed but I am feeling a great big nothing when it comes to the Olympics.

One thing I will keep track of is to be sure that the taxpayers do not pay for any of the expenses that incur.

Sorry but this announcement just does not excite me much.

• solomonpal says:

Maybe by then all the underwater structure will provide fantastic fishing opportunities. I may have watched one Olympics sometime in my life. I don’t recall.

• Thomas Berwick says:

According to a fictional account of the end times (i.e. “The Pergamos Prophecy”), something drastic will take place. The rapture will occur on Tuesday, April 20, 2027. Incidentally, Obama is portrayed as the Antichrist in this book.

• Saveedra says:

My thought: If LA is still standing…

• Homesteader says:

I’ve heard of Califagnia and Californication, but never Mexifornia. Thanks for the chuckle.

• antonio sanchez esporma says:

The Soviet Republik of Calimexistan.

Duma and Politburo in Sacramentograd. Party direction from San Francikovich.

The second Premier Moonbeam and the Duma attempt to make Calimexistan a Sanctuary, President Trump should send the US Army and Marines, arrest the MFs and restore the Rule of Law.

I figure the California National Guard will take sides for the Republic and so will most rank and file cops. The troops will be warmly welcomed in The OC.

• Oscar Oddpicker says:

Q: What’s the difference between Hitler and Obama?
      A: Hitler got the Olympics.

2. Nigella says:

Chicago is out? Chicago is out!…. Good times, good times…

3. Summer says:

Would they acknowledge the POTUS role in this win? Stay tuned.

4. Anything concerning obama – FAIL… Now if we can just “unfail” what he did to our country….

God Bless our President and all his efforts to right the ship.

5. The Boss says:

I hope the IOC has a back up plan in case Paris falls to the moslem hordes before 2024.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Paris: Brazil II; LA: Brazil III.

• Sunshine says:

I wouldn’t go to Paris if you paid me. I’ve been to France six times but only spent one or two days in Paris each time and only for the return flight.
      It was too crowded, too expensive re lodging, and now we have Islam. I don’t understand people that go there to see the Eiffel Tower which I refused to visit. The small towns and villages are by far more fun.

• lastinillinois says:

I nominate Hungary and Poland to co-host.

Muzzie countries need not apply.

• olderwiser21 says:

Those were my thoughts exactly – will there be anything left of Paris by then to actually be able to host the games safely? I have a friend who lives over there now – says it is very scary – she just keeps her head down and tries not to draw any attention to herself if she goes out. Very sad.

• rf121 says:

I believe they can choose some different sports for each Olympics. For Paris they could add a suicide bomber competition, largest IED blast radius and something for the ladies. 100 meter dash in a burka.

6. flawesttexas says:

I don’t think Paris and France will stop their Islamic Terrorist problem before 2024

IOC screwed up. A successful 2024 in LA would have ensured cities to bid for future Olympics. Only 2 bid for 2024…and IOC knew bids for future Olympiads already shaky

LA also will be ready in 2024…they have arenas and stadia already up.

• CaliVet says:

They will have a stadium built in 2019; The Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park; AKA, RAMS Field! Thanks to the owner of the Los Angeles Rams, Stan Kroenke. http://www.lased.com/ The traffic will be a nightmare just like 1984 only worse. Illegals and terrorists will be welcomed by the communist party, aka, the California Demioncats. Unless we the legal citizens of Cali; (aka conservatives) can successfully overthrow the oppressive regime in Sac-of-tomato. .
      And yes, I am a life long Ram fan. Super Bowl or bust! LOL

7. Erik Dee says:

Yeah giving this to California is a bust.

• pyromancer76 says:

Last time the Olympics were in Los Angeles, if my memory serves, the games came in on budget and the arts and entertainment surrounding it — run by the President of my College — were absolutely magnificent. There is a very successful model. You might even want to visit once both President Trump has cleaned up our state.

• Ono says:

Peter Ueberroth (1984 Olympic Chairman) turned a losing situation into a gold mine.

Believe me there will be a major clean up in LA prior to the Games.

The area around USC and the coliseum is still sketchy at times, but it was a lot worse 20 years ago. The area that is now the Staples center was ghetto, now it is high end real estate.

I am optimistic by nature, but I see California’s future becoming far better than it is now. Moonbeam will be gone
        Pelosi will be gone
        Feinstein will be gone
        Maxine will be gone

Voting credibility will be in place as well as a big wall to keep out the illegals.

8. Bouchart says:

The Olympics are such a boondoggle we’d be better off not hosting it.

• lastinillinois says:

Agreed.
      Could be the final nail in Cali’s coffin, if it lasts that long.

• AM says:

Agreed. I’m on board with a lot of Trump’s agenda..but the Olympics, yeah some other country can host that taxpayer money hemorrhage that is now a monument to corrupt corporate globalism.

I think even the transgender stuff has creeped into the Olympics. Can’t wait for dudes to start winning women’s sports.

• Kroesus says:

most of those $billions go to building infrastructure and facilities….LA already has them……I believe the last 3 Olympics in the US turned a profit (LA Atlanta Salt Lake City)

• Olympics are national -> Federal govt involvement -> ICE, DHS, Trump focusing attention on THE center of opposition. Can only end well.

9. ScruffyLeon says:

If LA doesn’t drop the Sanctuary City status, people will be to afraid to attend.

If Trump cuts off Federal funding because of Sanctuary City, how can they afford to build the Olympic Complex?

• M33 says:

I think you just identified the leverage that Trump has just exacted over LA…

• olderwiser21 says:

Maybe – one can only hope!!!

• Weather Watcher says:

BINGO!!! That is HIS plan. He’s always steps ahead! God Bless Mr. President

• amwick says:

This!!! THe art of the deal in action…

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Well, I pray M33 is right. We opposed having Olympics here. (Many here did NOT want the Ram stadium here either-traffic is now horrendous in the LA area as it is) For the first time in 55 years we lost interest in the 4 Olympics. It got way too political and too much cheating/stealing going on within the IOC/athletics. (Rio was a nightmare) We don’t want the Games here. When we heard the President working hard for the Games to be here, then I thought he has a leverage somewhere to slap Sac/Los Angeles down.

M33, I hope you are right. If so, then I won’t mind having the Games here one more time, if that is what it will take to call Calif ‘California, a State in USA’ instead of’ Commifornia’, as hubbie calls it. So, we’ll see….

Now, Olympics in Paris, when Paris is in a state they are in? That’s pathetically laughable. At least we’ll know what not to do (or ‘should have done’) here 4 years later.

Personally, Olympics has lost their true purpose and sportmanship shine. It is nothing more than a location/excuse for “athletics” to get political and show poor sportmanship. We’re fine with Olympics being cancelled for good.

• It’s already built in a sense. The majority of structures from the 1984 LA Olympics got re-purposed, retrofitted for earthquake, and are still standing. Putting on new facades would be relatively cheap. LA was very smart about keeping costs low, and used as many existing facilities as they could, like university swimming pools, tennis courts and tracks, and the Coliseum (built for the 1932 LA Olympics).

They paid for the ’84 Summer Olympics entirely via corporate sponsorship, not with gubmint money. It was the most profitable summer games in modern times.

Having lived there for a couple decades, I would never discount their ability to produce a profitable event if the public and the local business community is supportive. (I don’t miss the traffic though.)

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Yes, LA 84 Summer Olympics was the best one ever. I doubt we’ll be able to retain that shine again. I would love to be wrong–it just recent Olympics Games has cast an uneasy pall over it. The media didn’t report much negatives on it, but eyewitnesses did share nightmares from Rio. I prefer to hear bad news truth than happy feeling-goody lies about the Games.

• I admit I’m only guessing. There are always factors no one can anticipate.

I found El Lay to be very fertile ground for many kinds of business. A place where “anything goes” isn’t necessarily so good for morality and values, but for making money it definitely works.

Construction goes up quickly and well. You can sell most any kind of goods or services because there’s such a wide range between low and high-wage consumers. There’s plenty of labor, both skilled and unskilled. Though there are dangerous areas, there are also large safe zones. It’s an impressive economic engine.

If the right crew is in charge, I reckon they could hold another successful event.

10. CountryclassVulgarian says:

#OurPresidentWins!!!!!

11. Gil says:

The torch bearer ran right past my house in 1984.
    Well now they will tear down the old coliseum and have that better a reason to build a new football arena. I bet the developers are salivating like mad. Nothing like the Olympics to get large swaths of decrepit neighborhoods levelled and rebuilt for a massive undertaking as this.

12. Question Everything says:

Many years ago in the mid to late 80’s my wife and I were staying at a hotel in lake placid. The first night we were there I kept hearing a roar in the hall but by the time I got to the door it would be gone. The next night I heard the same roar coming down the hall and managed to get the door open just as 5 or 6 speed skaters went flying by chasing each other on roller blades. It was really impressive how fast those kids were going.

13. Rejuvenated says:

Can’t help but notice they made sure President Trump wouldn’t be in office after two terms when California hosts it (2024 versus 2028). When the Olympics rolls around in 2028, all credit will be given to the then-President (which they hope is a dim)…

• rf121 says:

I am sure they will have all of the issues fixed by then. Crime, traffic, parking, homelessness, cost of living etc, etc.

• pyromancer76 says:

President Trump and we deplorables will have a fitting successor elected to office — and the renewed beauty of California and its cities will be credited to President Trump and MAGA.

• pyromancer76 says:

Also don’t forget the wall will have been built and will have functioned for a number of years, returning California to the citizens of this state and the USA.

14. The MOOCH…(the real MOOCH, not Scaramucci who worked for his success and was never a mooch)….she went and gave her personal sob story and assumed that was enough to get the Olympics for Chicago and Valerie (oh those land deals!). I mean, why not, Barry got a Nobel Prize for just showing up. Even the corrupt IOC has SOME standards.

15. Mike diamond says:

Trump is a winner!!! He is winning for the american people ! Barry sotto bho ! Was a total failure!!!!!

16. M33 says:

Might be a good way to win those future CA electoral votes for the Trump Party after the election integrity commission and DHS clears house of voting fraud!

17. Publius2016 says:

An LA Olympics in 2028 is great! Fully expect World Cup as well! MAGA!

18. Katie says:

A lot of city officials are going to be getting even richer from this.

19. maiingankwe says:

I sure as heck won’t be going to Paris for the 2024 games, who knows who will be running the country by then? I don’t even want to imagine what the death toll will be by then at the hands of jihadists.

I know our President Trump and his Generals are doing everything they can to exterminate isis, and this will help, but only to a point. There are already thousands if not more, who will answer the call to jihad and the killing of innocents throughout the EU. The Olympics in Paris will be a yuuge target for many of the crazies. This is not a place I would want to be with family and friends.

My twelve year old daughter has dreamed for so long in going to Paris, France. Unfortunately, she will be an adult, but still at a very young and innocent age when their Olympics will be happening. I pray this will not be the time she will want to visit this once beautiful and historic city.

20. maiingankwe says:

21. average Joe says:

Now,just the bury soetero ,pic is worth a good laugh😂Thank You sundance,I needed that!!

22. kinthenorthwest says:

Will say that I do feel more comfortable with LA over Chicago.
    However if y they have the Olympics where they have traditionally had the Olympics in LA, it is the most unsafe place to be in LA, especially when the sun goes down.

• lastinillinois says:

As a quasi-chicagoan (work in the city nearly every Monday-Friday) I concur.
      Except for the “especially when the sun goes down”, I think I would rather be in LA than Rahm-cago.

• kinthenorthwest says:

LA is better then Chicago. When I left in 2003 the coliseum area had been totally taken over by gangs, actually for miles around the coliseum it was not safe for anyone.
        Hopefully they use another location, at least for the night time events. One good thing is that getting of the Olympics will be a star for Trump, but what happens during the Olympics will not happen until long after he has retired.
        Looks like France will be another interesting story.

23. In Az says:

The IOC sure loves the communist countries. No surprise.

24. ginaswo says:

HAAAA When Chicago got knocked out i LMAO and sang this all day-

25. m says:

Fantastic news!

26. Joe says:

1984 LA games turned out great. Fantastic wall art was painted in prominent spots all over the city, they moved out the homeless…best of all was my buddies college summertime job delivering Budweiser kegs. Invariably a few would get damaged and end up in a tub of ice back at his SC frat house. I had a great time – surf has huge that summer too!

27. scott467 says:

“A press conference is scheduled for 5:00pm PDT / 8:00pm EDT by the Mayor of Los Angeles and U.S. IOC officials. It appears a deal has been reached for the U.S. to host the 2028 Olympics and the 2024 Olympics will be held in Paris.”

_______________

Yeah… assuming there *IS* a Los Angeles by 2028, lol!

There’s a better chance of making a documentary version of the Kurt Russell film Escape from L.A. by 2028.

28. Carol Hardick says:

Last I checked, California can’t afford to host the Olympics. Does that mean Trump is going to have to write them a check?

29. emet" says:

Atlanta 1996 Summer Olympics
    Prelude: Atlanta area police downgrade all violent crimes so the venue appears safe.
    Then, the area is flooded with armed Federal officers from all over the country, Customs, BP, etc to try and keep attendees from being robbed/killed

30. Oldskool says:

As long as I don’t get stuck paying for any of it I couldn’t care less where it is held. However, I do appreciate the long term planning courtesy for now knowing where I will not be, and what I will not be watching on those dates.

31. MrE says:

Methinks President Trump has just created leverage over LA – and to an extent, Jerry Brown as well – to get their sh*t together re the illegals.

“You want help paying for the Olympics? Fine. Drop your sanctuary city status.”

32. hugofitch1 says:

Barry can’t grow that beard. Michelle, maybe…

33. MickTurn says:

Yep they can take 1 days wasted funds on Super Trains and pay for the whole thing!

34. maggiemoowho says:

Here’s my take on how California will run the 2028 games.😄
    The 2028 Olympic Mascot will be the Purple Penguin. There will be no medals awarded at this Olympics, instead every participant will receive a participation medal that celebrates all participants participating in the 2028 Olympics.

Each participant will only be allowed to win one event, this gives others a chance to have that happy feeling.

There will no longer be a separation of sports by gender. All sports will be gender neutral.

Safe spaces and coloring books will be provided to all Purple Penguins participating in the 2028 Olympic Games.

Participants will no longer be required to take a drug test, show ID or a passport because that is considered racist.

Participants will no longer be required to be a citizen of the country that they represent. Matter of fact, the 2028 will do away with country affiliation and all will participate under the UN flag.

35. aredtailblog says:

LA can have it. Keeps my little burrow in WA secure a little longer.

36. scott467 says:

The question is, will Kalifournya still be part of the United States in 2028?

If not, the border wall being built along the southern border will necessarily extend all the way to Canada, lol!

And if Kalifournya secedes from the Union, there are a number of (apparently unconsidered) immediate consequences:

1) total economic collapse of Kalifournya (no access to federal funds to keep their sinking Marxist fantasy Cruise Ship afloat).

2) No money = no police

3) no police = “there goes the neighborhood” on an entire STATE level, where everyone with the means to do so flees, leaving behind only the best and the brightest…

4) who immediately turn the new Banana Republic of Kalifournya into a narco-terror state

5) and Democrats will never win a national election again without Kalifournya’s 55 electoral votes

And #5 is the real reason why it will never be allowed to happen, lol!

37. lisaginnz says:

um, ok…? First thing that comes to mind for “summer olympics in LA”, NEW EVENTS! ….
    Not in any particular order….
    – Car chase through “bad” neighborhoods… extra points if you don’t get shot
    – Shop for the least expensive item (Gucci purse) in the most expensive store… you get to keep the item if yours is cheapest
    – Sun tanning … who can get the tannest in the span of 2 hours… extra points if you aren’t burned
    …….
    anyone else?!!!!

38. The MS-1300 meter tagging team relay.
    The 405 Survivor Drive.
    Competitive Breast Enhancement.
    Jumping the Shark.

39. Art says:

Chicago is OUT!?

40. tazz2293 says:

New games to debut at the LA Games in 2028.

Drive by Shooting Watch as gangs have to negotiate downtown streets and shoot up innocent Bystanders. Top 3 Gangs to watch are the Crips, The Bloods and MS-13. MS-13 holds a slight edge today.

Anti-Fa beating Trump Protesters. Watch as we find out who can beat the most Trump Protesters to a bloody Pulp.

BLM can go for the gold. Watch as BLM goes for the gold in shooting the most white cops. If you kill a white innocent bystander the team will get double points

41. 6x47 says:

I remember well Obama’s colossal embarrassment in trying to get the Olympics for Chicago. The press buildup presumed that the Dear Leader’s personal involvement guaranteed the selection.

On the day of the announcement news stations carried the IOC news conference live. The IOC spokesman came out and announced that no selection had been made, but Chicago had been eliminated.

The news anchor on the channel I was watching was shocked. He had expected to come back and talk about Obama’s role in landing the olympics, but had nothing prepared for the bitch slap the IOC had just laid on Obama. His exact words: “What just happened …?!”

Shortly after that I believe the IOC got busted for corruption and the head was sent to jail, but I’m sure that’s unrelated.

42. F.D.R. in Hell says:

There are a couple of big IF’s for the 2028 U.S. Summer Olympics…
    IF California hasn’t seceded by then…
    and IF North Korea hasn’t nuked LA by then (at least once).

The future is by no means certain from day-to-day, much less from year-to-year. 👿

43. William Ford says:

So the 2028 Olympics won’t be in the United States. CA will be a complete sewer by then.

44. Martin says:

A lot can happen in 11 years. As in, on its current trajectory, will the city even be solvent then? The state? And they said Sochi was a pile of corruption. Less than $3bil of the 6+ raised actually went to prepare. The IOC make the soccer oligarchs look like saints.

45. thesitrep says:

Olympic Committee to Trump:
    So, we hear you want to host the Olympics?

Trump:
    Yeah, maybe we can do a deal, a really great deal!
    But first, I’m gonna wanna send over some accountants and make sure your organization is on the up and up.

46. Just Sayin' says:

What are the odds that LA will still be part of the USA by 2028?

47. Nunya Bidness says:

Why not Pyongyang? Challenge the Little Fat Man to actually do something for his nation and invite the rest of the world en masse for an extended stay.

48. snailmailtrucker says:

$10,000.00
    That’s how much they would have to Pay me to Voluntarily go to Los Angeles for any Reason !