Earlier today President Donald J Trump commissioned the latest and biggest aircraft carrier in the U.S. fleet, the U.S.S. Gerald R Ford.

“A ship is only as good as the people who serve on it — and the AMERICAN SAILOR is the BEST in the world.”
~ President Donald Trump (July 22, 2017)

Here’s two videos of the events. The first video is just President Trump’s speech.

The Second video is the entire ceremony:

This entry was posted in Military, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to President Trump Participates in the Commissioning Ceremony for the Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78)…

1. mikebrezzze says:

It’s a fabulous time to be an American, lousy time to be a conflicted communist democrat! Have a nice day!

2. Sundance, I cannot make a donation, The donate link for PayPal does not allow me to put in a dollar amount. I use Firefox version 47.0.2 under Vista. Suggestions?

• dogsmaw says:

most likely your privacy settings or adblock aren’t allowing you to access

• Ad rem says:

You’re using a really old version of Firefox….latest is 54.0.1

• Each time I have upgraded Firefox, it does screwball stuff to my settings. Some upgrades are not an upgrade, IMHO. If all else fails, I may try a later version. Thanks for the input.

Please let me know if the donate link works for you.

• Ad rem says:

I haven’t heard anyone else say the donate link isn’t working……yet. I know what you mean about the upgrades messing with your settings. I was using a really old version of Firefox until TurboTax made me change it. 😉

• carrierh says:

Yes, Mozilla just updated again a couple of days ago, so best to take a few minutes to get updated. Mozilla Fox is now rated #1 in privacy, etc., etc. and so glad when I was a computer IT person to have a friend tell me to use Firefox and I have never regretted it and love its Thunderbird email as well.

• Brian L says:

Vista is absolutely horrible. Do what you can to switch to Windows 10, better OS, less memory space, more secure than Vista, WAY faster. I’d also suggest switching to Chrome, sure it’s from Google, but it’s an all around better web browser.

• Wend says:

I have a Google Chrome computer and will never go back to Windows or switch to Apple. I use DuckDuckGo for search and am totally happy.

• Vista is indeed horrible. I am using a laptop my daughter gave me. My real computer is being repaired. Thanks for the input.

• I’m a retro-grouch. I don’t want windows 10. I built a new box two years ago and installed XP. I also installed Firefox and love it. For the moment, I am solving a processor cooling problem. I am posting from a laptop that my daughter gave me.

I can do anything I want to do with XP and do it quickly. It’s faster than any windows 10 computer I have seen. For me, I am set in my ways. I also drive a 1987 F-250.

• carrierh says:

Well,l as a computer person, I will not go to 10 because like 8 and 9 it has a multitude of problems and screwed up being easy to use. Thinking about other ones I studied in computer science just to escape Microsoft’s continuous screwups. But, yes, update Mozilla Fox and just put it on automatic updating (which I never do with Microsoft!) because it is now consider #1 for being best browser and Thunderbird if the best email also.

• I am not a computer person. I studied the Comptia A+ in the 90’s. The use of CAD and other graphics programs took most of my limited time. The computer is a tool for me, and less so a communications device. I thought of going to windows 7, but I liked Outlook Express which I still use. Vista and later OS’s don’t like my programs. The programs which I have are expensive and require a long learning curve if I go to newer versions.

As I’ve grown older (now 69), I am more aware of the value of my time; I realize that once my time is gone, I will be no more. I don’t see the wisdom of spending time learning the latest and greatest stuff. Today I live in an old house, drive an old pickup, and use a phone without internet. Thank you for your understanding and well-informed response.

• Dan Martin says:

Don’t use firefox. It’s put out by a fascist organization. Remember Brendan Eich.

3. lizzieintexas says:

I watched it live this morning. It was very moving. Fox News broadcast the entire ceremony uninterrupted.

MAGA! 🇺🇸

4. Homesteader says:

Ran into an old gent in his Navy Veteran hat today. I mentioned the great honor being paid today to the Navy. He knew to what I was referring and said “There are many happy veterans today.”

Thank you, President Trump. Thank you.

5. Johnny Bravo says:

Can it be assured the the one with B O’B’s name on it has a 90 foot hole underneath the waterline?

That way it can sink on launch never to be seen again. MAGA

6. Can you imagine what this nation could achieve if it weren’t for the lying media?

• georgiafl says:

…and the denizens of the District of Corruption, both the elected and their donor/lobbyists?

• Phil aka Felipe says:

…or the lying GOP Congressmen and Congresswomen?

• listingstarboard says:

My thoughts exactly–imagine what Trump could have accomplished if he didn’t have to fight the entire news media and ruling class politicians every step of the way–I mean what he has done has been amazing considering the push back he gets –but I truly believe if some of the voter fraud is eliminated and more and more people turn to alternative sites for news then 2018 will usher in the right people to get this ship righted. MAGA for ever!!

• Phil aka Felipe says:

I truly hope some patriotic non-politicians will run in 2018 and primary the bast*rds out of out of office.

Every bit of the efforts against Trump by the Ruling Political Class is designed for anyone thinking of running to get the message:

“Did you see what we did to Trump? You better think again. Think about your family, your business, your loved ones. You really want to risk all that?”

Oh, for more fighters like Trump. Pray that God will raise up some “for such a time as this” and have the attitude of Queen Esther, “if I perish, I perish.” (Esther 4:14, 16)

• Maquis says:

I’m with you on that Felipe! 2018 will be a huge bloodbath of an election! I will be doing everything I can to support Conservatives challenging RINOs and Never Trumpers, even the Fossil Senators of Washington State need serious challengers and I’ll do all I can to support and campaign for them all.

Defeating Ryan is a critical goal, McConnell too if someone stands up to save us from that Corruptocrat’s evil ways.

I have been slamming Ryan and McConnell and my Rep on getting to work. The ONE current blessing of the Special Counsel, Mueller’s Fantasy Team, is that Congress sitting on their hands whilst their fingers are crossed is no longer an option. They’ve been worthless as they pray that the coup succeeds, doing nothing in the hopes that MAGA legislation is soon no more and they can breathe easy and return to graft and destruction.

However, the Fantasy Team will not likely make a move or end their investigation for a couple of years at best. So while having Mueller out there sucks, it actually eliminates the “any day now” mantra of the Coup backers. They simply cannot go on doing nothing for two years or more, the Sword of Damocles has been stayed for the indefinite future, there is no rationale now to fight Trump. This is what I have been hammering them with, I’ve been telling them this as well as expressing my belief that they won’t survive 2018, or 2020, if they don’t MAGA.
            I hope all Treepers will communicate such thoughts to Kongress!

Forever Trump!

Maquis

• piper567 says:

this Country will achieve despite the lying media…deplorables are stronger in adversity

7. georgiafl says:

Man – it was such a touching ceremony! The first ever USSN Gerald R. Ford crew of sailors were caught wiping tears as they stood at attention throughout the ceremony and speeches…and Man were they eager to get to their posts when the order came to raise the flags, man the ship and turn on all the radios, radars, etc.!!! They literally ran to their posts!

Beautiful, beautiful ship and crew!

How proud and honored Captain Richard McCormack is to be the first in command of the first Ford Class Carrier!

The USSN Gerald R. Ford Crew Name – the WOLVERINES!!!!

How about that, Treepers!!!

• Shirley32 says:

I also loved the sign that displayed “Made in America”. Love our mighty military and our great President.

• Bakokitty says:

Nice!
      I watched the whole ceremony, at time it was so moving, it brought tears to my eyes.
      These feelings of pride, and gratitude welled up from the botton of my heart, for America welcomed this once six year old into her arms and stamped my heart with the American flag, the American spirit, American pride.
      I totally embraced my new country, Born in Canada, I had only to learn the new words to the tune of ” God Save the Queen ” to My Country Tis of Thee”. I am forever greatful to my stepdad, a young WWII vet who married my mom and brought us to thrive and live in the worlds greatest country.
      I hope all naturalized citizens reflect on their good fortune on becoming American citizens.
      Never take it for granted! And for you who are blessed to be born here, I say the same thing, never take it for granted!
      God bless the men and women crew of our new aircraft carrier USSN Gerald R. Ford.

8. Kerry Gimbel says:

100,000 tons of might. I’m sure the Russians and Chinese took note

9. Git 'Er Done says:

It’s mind boggling how liberals and ePubs can hate this man. America would do well to recognize who the true enemy of America really is.

10. Brian L says:

I’ve been doing some cursory reading on these CVN, they’re amazingly advanced pieces of hardware.

• Janie M. says:

Brian L, from one of the article (I believe it was georgiafl) linked, this carrier has all the bells and whistles on a list (of new technologies) which were to be installed over a period of time to new carriers being built. They decided to put those all on this ship. Songbird (McCain) was not pleased (believe this jackhat is on the appropriations committee).

11. Rudy Bowen says:

Ah, just a touch of the way I felt when I was ‘commissioned’, ie graduated from boot camp. I hope there is much, much more of this.

12. Lburg says:

“When it comes to battle, we don’t want a fair fight. We want just the opposite. We demand victory and we will have total victory.”

Chills and tears.

He fights.

13. JoD says:

It wasn’t great……….it was FANTASTIC!!

14. georgiafl says:

One of my favorite lines was from the retiring shipbuilder President who said during the test runs of the USSN Gerald R Ford, they really tested the ship to her limits – “We drove ‘er like we stole ‘er.”

15. rashamon says:

PDJT must review the military-industrial-Congressional complex. No way I am investing in this.

• Niagara Frontier says:

Just imagine the military we could have with the same amount spent if we were able to eliminate the corruption, mismanagement, and graft!

16. lorenetn says:

I absolutely love our President! Please, God, protect him and his family and our Nation.

“St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil… by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.”

17. booger71 says:

Our Navy and military…one of the few things that our Constitution authorizes Congress to spend money on.

18. A2 says:

They that go down to the sea in ships;
    That do business in great waters;
    These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.
    Psalm 107

May God bless her and all who sail in her.

19. WeThePeople2016 says:

I watched it live, and it was a very moving ceremony. I love to see the military in dress whites. It reminds me of the movie, “An Officer and a Gentleman” and of my husband’s Coast Guard days. President Trump gave a heartfelt speech and he was so proud of the Navy.

20. Pam says:

It’s so nice seeing our sailors and all of our men and women in uniform finally getting the respect from the highest office that they truly deserve. Thank you President Trump! 😀

21. KBR says:

Did anybody else notice?
    The crew of the ship Gerald R. Ford are the WOLVERINES!

HOOYAH! WOLVERINES!

22. Bendix says:

To paraphrase a slogan from the state of Maine, this is the way life in America should be.

23. Niagara Frontier says:

I watched the ceremony in its entirety and near the end I was filled with tears of joy and pride.

Although much has changed in the Navy since I served in the early 70’s, I’m glad to see so many proud traditions remain intact. May God watch over and protect all who sail with her.

24. tuskyou says:

Here’s a transcript of the speech
    I watched live-it was very moving esp when he said most who will man the ship are approx 20yrs old.

25. dogsmaw says:

26. georgiafl says:

Here she is, the USSN Gerald R. Ford under her own power for the first time during builder sea trials:

PCU Gerald R. Ford CVN 78 http://fw.to/mZXc28j

27. Dora says:

• fleporeblog says:

Thank you Dora for sharing our President’s tweet! I was so moved for him today. He was honored the way a Great President should be honored. He had a kiddish smile watching the sailors run to their post.

I hope to be alive the day that the USSN Donald J. Trump is commissioned!

28. Janie M. says:

Ok, call me crazy/weird but you know how we love that “new car smell”… wonder if there is such a thing as “new ship smell?” 😊 I envy those kids who are serving aboard her.

29. MIKE says:

Scouting could be the best thing for youngins’ if they would just leave the political PC crap out of the experience. Teamwork and Survivalism, and how to gain respect from the community you are growing up in, should be the focus. President Trump will make scouting great again.

30. Dan says:

Whenever I watch POTUS give a speech, he just appears to me to be so comfortable as if he is not stressed out by all the goings-on including the investigations around him. I believe this bodes well for
    his state if mind as if he really can handle Mueller and all the rest. I just hope the other shoe drops soon so he can focus fully on the issues he campaigned on rather than the distractions being foisted upon him by the Media. The Republicans- many of them – seem to be playing a wait and see game speculating that he is going to win or lose the midterms so they can decide which political wind is going to blow them. What’s the point then of being a Congressman or Senator if you don’t actually lead and wish to stand for anything – other than of course making money.