President Trump delivers the weekly address surrounding the Senate healthcare bill and subsequent vote to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Thankfully, President Trump is one of the few voices amid the national healthcare discussion who elevates the conversation beyond the “medicare” quagmire, and actually addresses the concerns from the perspective of those who actually pay for health insurance coverage.

[Transcript] My fellow Americans, Next week, the Senate is going to vote on legislation to save Americans from the Obamacare disaster.

Obamacare has wreaked havoc on American lives, and if we don’t replace it, the calamity will only get worse – and I mean, get worse by a lot.

Here is just one story, representative of so many others.

Carrie Couey and her husband are cattle ranchers.

They have six children and the youngest is autistic.

Her family’s rates under Obamacare skyrocketed, eventually costing the Coueys three times more than their previous plan.

They were dropped from health insurance four times under Obamacare.

When I met with Carrie in March, she told us that her family couldn’t afford the equipment they needed to do the jobs while paying these crushing health insurance premiums.

Americans like Carrie and her family desperately need relief from this terrible, terrible law.

They promised Obamacare would reduce premiums by $2,500 dollars.

Instead, premiums have skyrocketed by numbers that nobody can even believe – sometimes, many many thousands of dollars.

They promised that if you liked your plan, you could keep your plan – instead, millions of American families saw their plans cancelled.

They promised Obamacare would offer better options for American families, but in the past two years, half the insurance companies have pulled out and left the individual market – and today, Americans in one-third of all counties have only one insurer to choose from on the exchanges, and they probably, will shortly have no insurers at all.

The Senate health care bill stops the Obamacare disaster, expands choice, and drives down costs – and I want to tell you the Republican Senators are working very hard to get something that’s going to be really, really good – the opposite of the big lie which was Obamacare.

The bill will reduce premiums by 30 percent or more by 2020.

It allows states the freedom to escape even more of Obamacare’s rules and create innovative health care solutions for their citizens. In other words, we’ll be taking something away from the federal government and getting it back to the states, who can better provide and who know better what to do.

It provides generous funding for people with expensive health conditions, which will lower premiums in the individual market.

The bill doubles the amount that Americans can contribute to tax-free Health Savings Accounts and allows you to use those accounts to pay your premiums.

This plan provides states with the much-needed flexibility to better manage their Medicaid programs. It maintains Medicaid coverage for every single elderly American, disabled American, and American child who is currently on the program.

It also expands the opportunity for people on Medicaid to purchase a private plan with federal financial assistance.

And with these much needed, long-term reforms to strengthen the safety net for our neediest citizens, the Obamacare repeal and replace plan would significantly reduce the federal deficit. So it would be good for the federal government, it’ll cost you less money by a lot, and it will be a much better plan. You can’t do better than that.

When I ran for President, I made a commitment to the American people to repeal and replace Obamacare.

I am pleased to report that we are very, very close to ending this healthcare nightmare – we are so close.

The legislation working its way through Congress provides the choice and control people want, the affordability they need, and the quality they deserve in healthcare.

It’s a common sense approach that restores the sacred doctor-patient relationship. And you are going to finally have great healthcare at a lower price.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America. (link)

This entry was posted in Legislation, media bias, Obamacare, President Trump, Uncategorized, Weekly Address. Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to President Donald Trump Weekly Address – “The Senate Vote To Repeal and Replace ObamaCare”…

1. The Devilbat says:

Stepping back from communism. I love it.

• Somewhat, though communism is simply a mask for totalitarian feudal control over the people…

So, when “healthcare” plans have increased by let’s just say 90% (some even more), what will a 30% decrease do overall?

My costs increased by 90%. I used that number for this reason. So a 30% decrease means I am still paying 60% more than before, although right now I do not know where my INSURANCE will come from in 2018 as I have been notified by my current carrier of 7 months they will have no coverage in my state in 2018.

I paid tens upon tens of thousands into BCBS over the years and never once met a deductible and was dropped like a rock. Now this. I’ve heard all the “arguments” too, so fine… still, “government” has NO BUSINESS in our lives like this-and in many more instances. Sick of it and the rhetoric that surrounds it. It’s only about two things in the district of criminals, money and control for they who are EXEMPT from what is put upon us “peasants”.

Rant off, rail on…

• ECM says:

Your math is off:

A 90% increase from $1 is $1.90.

A 30% decrease from $1.90 is $1.43.

That puts you at about 40% over what it was originally, not 60%.

(A 90% drop would mean you’d be paying about 20 cents.)

I don’t do this to be pedantic, but if they can cut costs 30% in three years or so, versus the five or so it took to climb to where we are at present, it’s a good start.

(Obviously the ideal solution is price transparency at all levels, but since nobody–even those I’d consider well-informed–seem to care at all about it means we’re going to be stuck with some permutation of what you describe above, for all time, which was also the case before Obamacare became law.)

• I wrote it as still paying 60% more than before above what I was paying then. I guess you didn’t get that part. 3 year, 5 years… 2 year, 1 year… of totalitarian interference and the complete loss of MONEY that I EARNED ON MY OWN! 😉

• Covfefe-USA says:

There is a privately run medical insurance collective called MediShare – its a Christian based collective. Do a google search for it; take control.

• Not sure about your numbers but a 30% decrease is better than none at all.

• mimbler says:

You (The Human Condition) are a perfect example of why I’m against these obama lite bills congress is proposing.

You are quite naturally and logically transferring your dislike of democrats because of what they did to your health insurance, and now disliking republicans because of what they are doing.

We will only own the downside on these bills, and give the dems something to run against us on, and justifiably so, because frankly, we are just re-arranging the deck chairs on the sinking USS obamacare.

And you are quite right to focus on that 30 percent reduction on a product that has more than doubled most places.

It floors me that the senate version doesn’t remove all the rediculous policy requirements of O’care. Allowing the states to offer no frills insurance for healthy people while keeping the obamacare elephant policies for the truly sick will just make them explode in price.

I recognize I’m in a minority on this group that is against these bills, but I’m just not able to see where they are good for the people, the taxpayers, or the party.

It does look delightfully good for the insurance companies though,

And no, I don’t think the bills will get better in reconciliation. There has never been a bill that got better in reconciliation; this one won’t be any different.

Mike

• Thank you Mike, your common sense reply is refreshing and appreciated.

• Oldschool says:

I agree with both of you human and mike. Our premium (husb. Wife), went from 350. Per month to 1500. Permonth. With much higher deductibles and co pays. A 60% decrease does not impress me. We are spending all the money we worked and saved for our retirement. All I want is to go to doctors of my choice and carry insurance for hospital and testing. Anything short of that is just another government mess and intrusion on my privacy.

• singingsoul says:

Mike good post.
          I do not understand that Trump goes along with the scam that Senators perpetrate on us.
          Until Senators are forced into the same healthcare program and put on SS nothing will change. They are working for us and we should be able to tell them what benefits they get. All need to be booted out for penetrating a scam on the people.

• mimbler says:

I’m not positive that he really understands the total duplicity of these people. He has picked some “moderates” like rosenstein that turned on him the day they were appointed.

I will be more than delighted to be wrong on this issue but I can only evaluate what is going on with the information available to me.
            As always, time will tell.

• cozette says:

Trump is a realist. Something is better than nothing on this first round. He has already laid out many innovative ideas to cut health care costs. Insurance is not health care. He will have Price do what he can to reduce costs. Then individual bills will do even more. These are bills that dont fit into a budget reconciliation bill that only needs 51 votes to pass. These individual bills will include purchasing insurance across state lines, negotiating the price of medicine as a country to reduce costs and tort reform. These are things some Democrats may support once the repeal and replace of Obamacare battle frees them to perhaps act rationally, especially as elections loom. If not, its an incentive to vote in people who will continue to dismantle what Obama did to healthcare in 2018. Finally, Trump has alluded to the need to change the Senate rules so all billsvrequire only 51 votes to pass. That may have to wait for 2018 as well. Legislation is a complicated process. Our President is taking a mature approach to achieving our goals unlike people like Rand Paul who seem to cut off our nose to spite their face.

• Marc says:

Did you forget about HHS Sec. Dr. Price and his role in rewriting many of the ACA’s policies and terms? Step 1 THEN Step 2 can fix many of these issues.

• mimbler says:

A cohesive plan listing their road plan would make me confident they had a plan. They certainly haven’t indicated that they intend to strip out the obamacare insurance requirements, and quite frankly, I don’t know that it could or not be done without legislation.
            And if it can be done through policy only, that makes for an easy reversal once a dem gains office.

In my opinion only, this isn’t going well.
            In point of fact, the rinos are doing their best to keep o’care alive in some form for their lobbyists.

Time will tell, I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong. I’ve been wrong before!

• Marc says:

We don’t know it all and I believe POTUS wants to keep it that way. He doesn’t show his hand before he plays it. Why tell the swamp creatures your next move just for them to be able to counter it? Trump won’t telegraph so even those on his side must trust that he’s doing what is best for the nation.

• mimbler says:

There are times to show your hand. If you want congress to vote for a part of the healthcare reform parcel, you need to tell them how their part fits in with the overall package. Senators and congressmen need to be able to explain their vote to their constituents.

Personally, I wouldn’t want my state senator to vote for the senate bill based on what we’ve been told (although I’m sure he will).

I remember the gang of 8 immigration reform bill. A lot of similar promises of follow-on stuff that would make it “good”. But in the end it turned out to be the simple amnesty it smelled like.
                This looks very similar to me.
                Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, and I hope it proves me wrong,

• Marc says:

The crooks are chiefly amongst the Senate, R and D. They exist to get reelected and generate grants and kickbacks for lobbyists’ groups. I trust Trump only and I think he’s the General that has the plans in his hand alone. I’ll trust him on this one. Everything you’re hearing from MSM and congress critters is theatre and misdirection.

• olderwiser21 says:

Mimbler, unfortunately, I think you are right…..

• olderwiser21 says:

Mimbler, unfortunately, I think you are right…..

• olderwiser21 says:

Agreed. Thanks, Mike….

• fleporeblog says:

If you don’t have a need for the Obamacare 10 essential benefits, you will be pleasantly surprised how much your insurance is going to go down. I think it will be much more than the 30% depending on your needs. I posted the below in the Presidential Thread.

This article really does a great job articulating what SD has been saying (link below) about separating those Americans that need to continue to purchase the Obamacare plan versus the others that just need the insurance of their choice that meets their need.

There are approximately 1.5 million Americans that have no choice but to purchase the Obamacare plan with all 10 essential benefits. There are nearly 300+ million Americans that don’t either because they have insurance through their employers, Medicaid, Medicare or because they are healthy and only need a catastrophic policy.

From the article linked above:

The Cruz amendment — which has been inserted into the GOP Senate health plan — is smart, because it doesn’t take anything away from anyone. If you want Obamacare — you can have it. You can have the coverage for the 10 “essential benefits,?” you can have the subsidies and the exchanges that were supposed to save $2,500 per family. It’s still there for you.

The Cruz? amendment creates what is called a “Consumer Freedom Option.” This essentially allows an “off-ramp” from Obamacare for the tens of millions of Americans who don’t want it. The “Consumer Freedom Option” allows insurers who offer Obamacare-compliant plans to offer a range of much less costly plans. In other words, it empowers people and families to pick and choose what they want in their own insurance package

What about families or individuals with lower incomes or healthy life styles that want the other extreme? They want slimmed-down coverage that protects them from major medical expenses — a bad injury like breaking a leg, or a serious disease with costly ongoing treatments. ?These families may voluntarily choose to pay for more routine medical expenses, like a checkup or a visit to the dentist’s office, out of pocket. One benefit is that since more people will pay directly for medical services, they are likely to shop around for the best price, and this competition will lower prices for everyone.

Cruz provides billions of dollars of subsidies for people who have pre-existing conditions and high medical costs. This number is much smaller than the media is saying. Cruz believes the number of people without private insurance (mostly through their employers), who don’t have adequate coverage for preexisting conditions is about 1.5 million people. Why contaminate a functioning insurance market for 300 million people, to give coverage to 1.5 million?

If his amendment stands, the left’s grand vision of a single-payer government-run health insurance dystopia will go up in smoke for good. The left wants everyone in the same insurance boat. No choice. No competition in plans. But once people are given the right to choose the health plan that is affordable to them and tailored to their individual needs, they will resist single-payer, one-size-fits-all insurance. It doesn’t take a village to buy a health plan.

• We can all speculate all we want fle, but nothing is passed yet and we never know what’s really in these bills until it is already too late to do anything about them.

In the meantime, as of right now, today… there is no private health insurance I yet know of that I will be able to purchase next year where I live.

None.

The “off ramp” that ted bundy cruz, a man who ran for president 3 years after clearly voicing on tape that he was ineligible, doesn’t guarantee that there will be private individual coverage either!

And the biggest word in your post? “If”…

I love your posts and think highly of you, and am not arguing with you. I guess I am sharing my frustrated disgust at the entire situation in reply though! We have all been discussing the least worst form of yet another totalitarian government invasion into our lives since all this began!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr…

• fleporeblog says:

TheHumanCondition you are absolutely right! My hope and prayers for you and others that don’t have insurance through their employer is that our President is looking out for your best interest.

I would love to hear back from you once something is finally signed to determine what it really means for the Forgotten Men and Women.

• piper567 says:

flepore,
              could you review for us how this bill that is being formed its into the # Part Plan?
              as in, Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3?
              is this Step1? or is this superseding that approach?
              thanks.

• piper567 says:

fits, sorry…fits into the 3 Part Plan…still sleepy

• fleporeblog says:

Piper it has Phase 3 bills embedded. The Tort Reform Bill would need to go through the Senate requiring 60 votes. However, the following 3 bills that passed in the House are embedded.

The Broad Choices for Americans Act (see below)

From the article linked above:

The bill is contingent on the enactment of the American Health Care Act of 2017 and applies (if at all) after December 31, 2019.

The Verify First Act (see below)

From the article linked above:

The bill is contingent on the enactment of the American Health Care Act of 2017 (AHCA). If the AHCA is enacted, the bill applies to: (1) the existing tax credit after December 31, 2017; and (2) the tax credit, as modified by the AHCA, after December 31, 2019.

From the article linked above

The bill applies to the premium assistance credit under current law for tax years ending after 2013 and, if the American Health Care Act of 2017 is enacted, the modified premium assistance credit that would take effect under that bill after 2019.

• Thanks for seeing it from my-our side (the self employed never mentioned). We truly are never spoken of in this mix, and we truly are losing our health care that we have many, many tens of thousands invested in and with little to no chance of acquiring a new plan in 2018. Some here are oblivious to this fact and others, one of which is that nothing the “government” ever puts into action while calling it “law” gets totally repealed. Nothing. Nor does it ever truly ever get “repaired” or “replaced”.

I voted for Donald Trump, I am doing all I can to trust him as President, but don’t ask me to smell crap coming from the district of criminals and tell you it is as lovely as roses. It isn’t. Don’t ask me to trust the scum in Congress either, who exempted themselves from Maobama “care” and are exempting themselves from whatever rolls out next. And I will repeat myself here, don’t ask me to hang on while everyone weighs the collective weight of our chains to determine if indeed they are heavy enough yet to ACT.

As always, with an American friendly respect to you, do I reply. 😉

• fleporeblog says:

Also the Republican House has already passed four bills to cut the cost of medical care. One is pretty huge. Tort Reform legislation.

From the article linked above:

Phase 3 is actually four pieces of legislation:

While the Senate was working on its own legislation to eliminate the Affordable Care Act, the House moved ahead with a second piece of legislation to further chip away at the landmark health care law.

The aforementioned Broad Choices for Americans Act (see below)

(Sec. 2) This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow the premium assistance tax credit to be used for unsubsidized COBRA continuation health coverage.

(Under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 [COBRA], an individual may continue to receive coverage under an employer-sponsored health plan after an event that would otherwise end coverage, such as a termination of employment. This bill applies to COBRA continuation coverage if the premiums are solely the obligation of the taxpayer.)

The Verify First Act (see below), which would bar illegal immigrants from receiving tax credits under the ACA or the AHCA.

(Sec. 2) This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to prohibit advance payments of the premium assistance tax credit from being made to an individual unless the Department of the Treasury has received confirmation from the Department of Health and Human Services that the Social Security Administration or the Department of Homeland Security has verified the individual’s status as a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States.

The Veterans Equal Treatment Ensures Relief and Access Now (VETERAN) Act (see below) which would allow veterans the choice to stay in the Veterans Affairs programs or instead get financial support for a private health care plan.

(Sec. 2) This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to specify that, for the purpose of determining eligibility for the premium assistance tax credit, an individual may not be treated as eligible for coverage under certain Department of Veterans Affairs health insurance programs unless the individual is enrolled in the program.

The Protecting Access to Care Act (see below), which would cap malpractice payouts at $250,000 for damages that don’t have a direct economic impact, like lost wages or medical expenses.

From the article linked above:

The statute of limitations is three years after the injury or one year after the claimant discovers the injury, whichever occurs first. For a minor, the statute of limitations is three years after the injury, except for a minor under six years old, for whom it is three years after the injury, one year after discovery of the injury, or the minor’s eighth birthday, whichever occurs later. These limitations are tolled under certain circumstances.

Noneconomic damages are limited to $250,000. Juries may not be informed of this limitation. Parties are liable for the amount of damages directly proportional to their responsibility. These provisions do not preempt state laws that specify a particular monetary amount of damages.

• rashamon says:

flepore, have you actually seen a bill issued by Medicare or Medicaid? Have you tried to track the itemized costs on those bills?

• fleporeblog says:

I have for my aunt that lives with me that has Medicaid. The hospital bills are ridiculous, Medicaid pays a small percentage while AARP picks up the remaining 20%. She does pay nearly $300 for the AARP supplemental each month.

NYS has an incredible program for prescription drugs known as EPIC. It dropped those costs from nearly $650+ a month to less than $25 a month.

• rashamon says:

Then you have seen the failures of this impersonal delivery and it has nothing to do with “care” but only the amount the insurer with pay for specific items. I have stayed with relatives who are severely ill during their hospitalization and saw costs tacked on for interactions with hospitalists never encountered, medicine never consumed, $25/box tissues never delivered, etc. The System has learned how to work those bills to squeeze every penny out of the taxpayers, and that System does it in such a complex way that fighting a bill on behalf of the taxpayers is almost impossible. Now Obamacare has federalized private insurance, too. No one I know can afford to go to the doctor after paying premiums and meeting deductibles.

Healthcare must get back to a relationship between the patient and the provider. The bureaucracy between them runs up extraordinary costs that the politicians care not one wit about. Congress doesn’t have to use it! Insurances companies are merely risk managers, data collectors/processors and — now, if lobbyists gain sufficient cooperation from your congresscritters — funders of political campaigns so they maximize profits.

Our country is simply moving one inch at a time toward socialized medicine. Remember, Trump promised to repeal.

• neal s says:

The demonrats and Obummer overpromise and underdeliver. You should realize by now that PDJT underpromises and overdelivers. When he says reduce by 30%, he is being conservative in this estimate and underpromising.

PDJT is fighting deep state and uniparty demons we have trouble even imagining. If you will remind your representatives that if they will NOT support PDJT to MAGA, that you will replace them with someone who will at the nearest opportunity, and pray daily for PDJT and all his appointees, then see if PDJT does not overdeliver on his promise before his term is finished.

• Rob1 says:

“And… why is the “feds” allowing us to contribute more money to an HSA even a statement? Are we to continue to accept the aforementioned totalitarian interference in our personal lives and financial/HEALTH CARE decisions?”

The feds are involved in “allowing” it because it has income tax consequences. Money that you put in an HSA is free of federal income tax.

Now you could argue that they shouldn’t be taxing us so much or at all, and I’d be sympathetic to that argument. But I still consider the increased HSA contribution limits to be an improvement for the average Joe.

2. rolisize says:

Keep the pressure on

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Gotta get this done.

Trump told Pat Robertson that this was the hard part of his agenda. Health care. He’s very much right.

Get this done, everything becomes better and easier.

We’ve gotta do it.

3. wodiej says:

The only argument I have is that the Republicans helped pass this disaster as much as the Democrats. They should be ashamed of themselves.

4. MakeAmericaGreat says:

I thought that Pence did an excellent job talking about the Senate bill, as well as Medicaid, in his address to the Governors’ conference yesterday. Worth listening to (audio only) if you have time:

His remarks do not start out on the topic of health care, but once he gets there he stays there for most of the speech.

5. golfmann says:

EXCEPT…
    they’re not going to repeal OR REPLACE it!

• Anchored says:

Exactly. What they’re offering is life support for Obamacare. The puppet masters are still pulling the strings

• I don’t know what it is with the bellyachers, but apparently they hadn’t heard of the problems of -reconciliation-, repeal is a three step solution. Some people like to talk to make themselves heard. Offer something else, whining is so cheap it costs nothing.

• Anchored says:

A so-called three-step solution which no one has actually articulated in the bill itself. If you believe that because Fox news says it they will do it you are being naïve.

• Skinner says:

Eliminate that rule.
        2/3 senate vote was only ever intended for ratifying treaties or amendments to the constitution.
        Back to the original intent of the founders is the only way. McConnell could do it but he’s a gutless wonder.

Fully repeal obamacare.

6. golfmann says:

Repeal it 1st!

• cozette says:

Why do you repealers keep chanting that? Do you believe that if you say it enough times the votes will magically appear to make your wishes come true? We need to be adults not children if we are to prevail.

7. Sentient says:

Does anyone know whether the current Senate bill makes insurance premiums fully deductible for individual (without an exclusion like the current 7% of AGI)? That would create parity between employer-paid insurance and individual-paid insurance and is a necessary (though not sufficient) change.

• Minnie says:

Excellent question, would appreciate a response from one who knows.

If the proposed premium increase for my 2018 coverage (29%) is approved, there won’t be any money left to contribute to a HSA.

Stretching the $$ is impossible at this point.

8. Plain Jane says:

His 5 minute addresses need to be televised weekly and on all radio stations. I’m dreaming, but I wish the media carried them.

9. missmarple2 says:

President Trump: “The Democrat politicians who passed Obamacare made many big promises – but they turned out to be lies – absolute, total lies.”

One of the things I appreciate about President Trump is that he doesn’t pussyfoot around. He doesn’t use words like “disingenuous” or “misspoke.” Nope, he says what they were: LIES.

10. Ogzy says:

The consensus of comments I have read on other conservative message boards is that the Senate’s plan is a bad one like the House one.

Please explain to me why I am wrong because I don’t feel like cheerleading these plans and I think Trump is likely making a huuuuge mistake!

• fleporeblog says:

See my post above!

• cozette says:

The other Conservative sites are likely funded by people who actually want single payer and need to trick voters into keeping Obamacare to make that happen. Or their ideological idiots who will keep us all in hell unless the escape route meets their ideological standards.

• You’re just being outright condescending and hateful in your replies ridiculing those that toe the thought line your’re on. Since when is it adult like to accept totalitarian feral government interference in our personal lives? Children accept interference in their personal lives, but generally by their own parents. Last I checked the constitution says nothing about the feral government being our parents!

Maybe you can explain what an ideological idiot is? Are we supposed to bow to the almighty district of criminals as they are so superior to us in our conservative, liberty oriented views and opinions about the stinking traitors taking our health insurance and screwing it all up and rapidly adjust our “conservative” views?

That’s all this is about, health insurance and the CoC along with its crony capitalist r and d puppets pumping up the industry coffers. And it has been at millions of us hard working constitutionalist Americans expense. All for about a 1.5 million “poor person” agenda (just that, too, a ploy) they used to push it… which lead to the complete loss of insurance now for 20 million and growing hard working self employed Americans.

All this has been all along is the never ending discussion of the least worst form of totalitarian tyranny. I am sickened that this is where we are as Americans. Discussing just how heavy the chains have to be before we act. Please do forgive those of us who just aren’t thrilled about making something that should not even exist in “government” “law” somewhat “better”. We cannot find that excitement. Private individual plans are disappearing cozette. Gone. Another feral government power grab. Freedom, liberty and sovereignty are being stripped from us. CONGRESS IS EXEMPT.

Some today would excoriate Patrick Henry for speaking his mind so feel free to rail on me for doing so as well.

11. Publius2016 says:

The best plan would be simple: repeal Obamacare taxes and mandates, fixed state Maedicaid, and nationwide catastrophic insurance. The Congress of course has other ideas!

12. Icandy55 says:

It’s still socialized medicine. There will still be death panels. Government has no business in healthcare or forcing anyone to buy a product. If they would get out of the business of subsidizing everything things would change and the dialog would be totally different. They still entice with some sort of ‘free’ money until the trap closes and you have no escape. I don’t want anyone in the USA to be Charlie Gard!

13. Like some on here I have had it with the fed being involved in health care. Everything they touch they screw up. The drug war, war on poverty. Social security, education, energy. Health care, national finance, the list could go on and on. Anything important to human beings has been totally screwed up by these so called “PROFESSIONALS”.

They use to be covered by Federal Employee Health Benefit System (FEHBS), but starting Jan. 1, 2014, House and Senate members, and their staffs, can only obtain employer-subsidized, private coverage through the exchanges established under the ACA. The exchanges, or marketplaces, were designed for those who purchase their own insurance and small employers. They also have access to the Office of the Attending Physician, a Capitol Hill clinic available only to members of Congress and any military hospital.

The Affordable Care Act stipulates that ordinary people aren’t eligible for coverage through the exchanges if they’re also covered by Medicare. That rule doesn’t apply to Congress members. According to the federal Office of Personnel Management, Congress members “can continue to have Medicare coverage in addition to the employer-sponsored DC Health Link plan. The DC Health Link plan will be their primary coverage and Medicare will be secondary.”

Unlike nearly everyone in the private sector — except many chief executives — Congress members who have been in office at least FIVE YEARS are eligible for a pension once they turn 62. The annual pension can start at 80% of the member’s final salary and rise from there with cost-of-living adjustments.

These people are POLITICIANS not STATESMAN. Special interest controlled wheeler dealers who don’t read most of the legislation they vote on and understand little of what they do read. Their staff tells them what to sponsor how to vote etc. When they go into session they have a list of items to be voted on and how to vote. Like some salespersons they are simply bullsh*t artist that could sell ice to an Eskimo.

President Trump has by his ACTIONS shown us how useless these people are. Until we show that we will support and stand behind STATESMAN we will continue to self destruct supporting the mental midgets we call PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS.

14. Ogzy says:

Congress should do one thing, and one thing only:
    Pass a law making it legal to buy health insurance in the open market!

QUOTE [Ann Coulter]
    “Congress should pass a law, pursuant to its constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce, that says: “In America, it shall be legal to sell health insurance on the free market. This law supersedes all other laws, taxes, mandates, coverage requirements, regulations or prohibitions, state or federal.”

15. Yankee Lawyer says:

In a perfect world, the federal government would have little to no involvement in providing or regulating healthcare or health insurance. We don’t live in that world right now.

Obamacare will only “fail” in the sense that the left will start to ramp up the campaign to expand control more of the health system. The left never believes their policies don’t work only the they haven’t gone far enough.

The GOP congress – corrupt, out of touch, lazy, and inept as they are – has no choice but to do something now or lose control. They own the problem. If they’re planning on fund raising off “fighting” single payer in a few years, we shouldn’t be fooled again.

16. ray76 says:

> The Senate health care bill stops the Obamacare disaster, expands choice, and drives down costs

In dreams.

17. Mike diamond says:

Obama never cared ! Nancy pilosi said you don’t need to know what’s in the Obama care plan to pass it ! The stupid is is stupid does!

18. sickconservative says:

I have a real question that I have been trying to find an answer, and have searched.
    How much have we spent on ACA and how many have really benefited while adding in those that were hurt by it.
    Would love to see a real cost analysis instead of Gov speak.

• Bendix says:

I’ve met people who think they benefitted. They pay hundreds of dollars every month to get a slight discount when they go to the doctor, and you can’t persuade them that they aren’t getting something good.
      I’ve met one (1) actual person who thinks Ocare was great because his premiums went down. He’s still paying too much for health care, because he is never sick. But I’m pretty sure he would have a rude awakening if his employer started getting fined for paying too large a share of employee’s insurance.
      I’ve met many people, mostly single men, who no longer had any insurance, due to Obamacare.

19. US says:

If the Republican Congress cannot pass a repeal law they are renouncing my financial support. For now all my donations go to Trump Pence 2020 and Conservative Treehouse, which are accepting funds. Consider I am a just simple man that would be satisfied with only the elimination of the individual mandate and the employer mandate. Is that too much to expect? Perhaps the GOPe is not afraid of US, but we have cold anger and long memories. We remember what Republicans did to the Tea Party as if it were yesterday.

Thank God for President Donald J. Trump.

• Bendix says:

We’d need the part about no major medical/hospitalization only policies eliminated too.
      I don’t want some juggernaut Obamacare with a new name either.
      Government needs to leave us alone when they aren’t going to help us.

20. Bendix says:

I came across a really good comment, with a really good response, on the topic of medicine in America. It was on Mark Steyn’s site:
    How can anyone believe you can make medical care better by adding more and more layers of untrained, low paid, clerical dummies between the patient and doctor?

21. MVW says:

Playing the DhimmiRat game. Not a clean repeal because of not going Nuclear. Game playing in the fake universe where the DhimmiRats play nice and wear white hats. Fake. Fraud. Unreality.

‘If we play by the rules, so will the DhimmiRats’ is a huge lie. Following those rules Trump will still have Obama vermin still leaking for the entire 4 years he is in his first term of office. Garbage.

High level leaks for 4 years is where this is heading. The Dhimmi’s have already nuked and broken all protocols.

Face reality. Nuke Obama Horror. Get honesty back in the Senate. Censure McCain, strip him of all committees, all. Exclude him from all high level information. Start with a fresh and simple, high competition law, with minimal regulation. Let the States kill their jobs for idiot Dhimmi States, other than interstate commerce and cross state line competition.

Dhimmi’s have gone full rogue.

22. Larry says:

It is absolutely amazing that people seem to accept that what is being pushed by the Senate is a “repeal” of Obamacare. It is not.

23. shannynae says:

Oh how I wish that POTUS could fire Ryan and McConnell. I am sick of their childish games.