Just a Simple Independence Day Economic Comparison…

Do you plan on driving this Independence Day?

President Obama July 4th 2012 -vs- President Trump July 4th 2017

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”

Steven Chu [2008], Barack Obama’s Secretary of Energy

“Drill baby, drill.”

Rick Perry [2017],  Donald Trump’s Energy Secretary

Check your local area gas prices HERE

This entry was posted in Economy, energy, EPA, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Just a Simple Independence Day Economic Comparison…

1. essential liberties says:

Awesome.

2. booger71 says:

$1.85 today when I filled up. Love it

3. Raven says:

Love our new President.

Happy Birthday, America!

4. Minnie says:

😐 Just, wow 😐

And then I’m reminded Mr. President is merely 5.5 months in 😁😁😁

5. Sloth1963 says:

My ’02 Jeep Cherokee survived the Obama years but is thriving in the first year of President Trump!

• Same here. We have an rv and a couple of gas guzzlers. I thought we’d be screwed by the Obama years but we made it.

Now under POTUS Trump, we r getting out and gonna happily regularly see our great and beautiful country!

• Joe says:

V-10 Excursion here-LOVING IT!

• allhail2 says:

’01 Ex with the 7.3 and a 44 gal tank. Super duty lovin it.😎

• Joe S says:

YUGE! Yeah mine must have a forty gallon in it. It is an ’00 with 185,000 miles on it, but I have kept it mechanically perfect by fixing everything that broke. Not cheap to do!

It aint pretty, but man, it is the handiest vehicle. I can remove the 3rd row seat, fold down the second row seat and put 20 4×8 sheets of drywall inside! The thing holds full sized appliances like dishwashers, washers and dryers too-in their boxes. I never tried a fridge, though.

• allhail2 says:

LOL. 3rd row out 95% of time for big tool box and misc work stuff. 9700 lbs as it sits with “stuff.” I’m with you, I love my truck, hauls everything and can pull a house off the blocks. I dream of the good ol’ 185,000 days. I’m sitting on 447,000 and think nothing of loading it up for family road trips, usually to WNC mountains.

I do the same as you in terms of mechanical. Religiously stay on top of fluids and minor issues as they come up. No major issues, orig motor and tranny. I’ve thought about buying a 7.3 crate and just having it on hand just because.
              Looking forward to 500k, probably year and a half to two out..

6. bulwarker says:

Chu, the same clown that insisted on riding a bike into work to show off how “green” conscious he was, all the while being followed by a black SUV doing 9mph carrying his protection detail. The result was more pollution than had he just driven in like everyone else, but noooooo, to liberals appearance is everything.

7. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

I might go back to using gasoline to light my charcoal again… Just kidding… What a difference a few months make…

8. aprilyn43 says:

I love winning with Trump ! I thank Gods for Trump & Pence – for Mattis & all the Cabinet!

I know there’s so much more to do, but I’m so thankful that Trumps our president !!

9. What happened to the Summer holidays price surge?

10. Pam says:

I started seeing prices for regular unleaded this weekend at 1.99. Prices haven’t been that low in quite some time. It’s nice for a change.

11. fleporeblog says:

That one sentence by Barry from Hawaii’s Secretary of Energy says it all! That bastard wanted to get our gas prices up to the ridiculous levels in Europe. These POS were hell bent on destroying our country once and for all. Our President is so right to say that he inherited a mess. Thank God that after our President is done in 2025, no one will ever want to go backwards. That is how Trumpism will reign for the next 50+ years.

12. SteveC says:

Sadly, that’s not what we get in Kali, but that is due to the stupidity of those that are left here.

13. M33 says:

In Hawaii, we are at 2.50 a gallon.
    Low for us!

14. American Me says:

4D chess over checkers. America First! MAGA! May GOD continue to bless President Donald Trump. He cares about us and our nation of law abiding citizens the same way Sundance (and those of you who contribute) cares about informing and educating us each and every day. GOD Bless you Sundance! May GOD Bless each and every Treeper and our loved ones and keep us safe on the branches we are perched on, wherever we may be. We are all 1 color…American!

15. jmclever says:

I remember gas at $4 a gallon. The stable less than $2 per gallon had not gone unnoticed. We’ve been able to take several day trips. This summer. It’s wonderful!

16. David says:

I am Israeli. Happy Birthday America and God Bless. I posted here the video of Netanyahu at the US embassy in Tel Aviv today. Brand new video with less than 100 views. A moving speech, must watch.

17. David says:

18. jackphatz says:

Man, Obama really hated the USA. Still does.

19. aprilyn43 says:

Not a dooms-day request, but Trump needs our prayers for protection even more now.
    These ppl hate him for the good he’s done.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Yes, prayers more so than ever, esp for his upcoming trip to Europe. I am nervous about it. President Trump has more enemies that really wish him dead. Too bad he couldn’t bring the Saudi Sword dancers with him to Hamburg, Germany..

20. deplorabledooku says:

I’m sure that everyone here remembers when Teh One (unironically) took credit for low gas prices due to the fracking he was ideologically opposed to. He has the audacity to not only take the undeserved credit but thanks himself.

21. somaspecialist says:

Damn….living in CA sucks then

• Grandma Covfefe says:

..but it is still better than in past years. The California gas tax is what make the price suck , 58.3% per gallon, and it doesn’t count the Fed gas tax of 18.4% per gallon,
      but we’ll take it anyway.

22. Lori says:

Absolutely fabulous! This presidency is better and more entertaining than I ever thought possible! President Trump is like the energizer bunny, amazing first few months. MAGA!
    Happy Independence Day to all!

23. In Az says:

Where I live gas is $2.35 per gallon. One corporation owns all the gas stations except for one Mom and Pop station where we buy gas, so no competition.
    $1.97 – $1.95 in Tucson, AZ. when I was there four days ago.

( And Obama is still working to destroy the country……….subversion, treason)

24. ALEX says:

Haven’t heard any stories like: Cheapest gas on average since 2005 and stock market at all time highs heading into the celebration of nations Independence Day…New sense of optimism as consumer confidence at all time highs etc etc . Nope…But we know….

MAGA

25. auralay says:

We have about 1.12. Trouble is – that’s UK pounds per litre (sorry liter). Comes to about $5.3 per US gallon. Do you guys have a spare Trump clone you could send over to MUKGA?

26. BigD! says:

$2.75 was the cheapest I’ve seen in Los Angeles. Our gas tax is going up another 29 cpg starting in November along with an additional yearly vehicle registration fee of $25-$175 to repair the roads and build mass transit. More money to squander…

27. PDQ says:

$1.78 in Upstate South Carolina…

• allhail2 says:

Great prices. Just passed through there last week on way to WNC mountains. I can fill up in Sanford, FL and go non stop to Easley and Pickens, SC. Still have just under 1/4 tank, but always top off here on way up and back. Mountain gas is worse then Cali. Best diesel prices off Interstate at Hot Spot

28. With cheaper fuel we get cheaper food.

29. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Lowest I saw in Omaha was $1.99. Beats the heck out of last year.

30. allhail2 says:

Steven Chu is a douche. Let’s see how long he’d last riding his bike to work in Cent FL. The humidity is so oppressive, even in the morning, that he would smell like a landfill in time for the 9AM meeting. Then the game of Russian Roulette gets played on the pedal home with the monster lighting storms. BTW lil’ Stevie, how the h am I supposed to get my tools to the job site? Dumbass!

31. auscitizenmom says:

It was a whopping $2.00 here in FL yesterday.

32. maiingankwe says:

We’re at $2.70, but yesterday was at $2.89, so that is quite a remarkable drop. Hey, it was a heck of a lot higher last year, so I’m a happy, smiling camper!

33. Bronson says:

Wow! Did those fat Saudis, Kuwaitis and Qataris made a killing with their Cushite eunuch…… Hussein Osama.