Sebastian Gorka: Bashir Assad is “Cheap Theater”, A “Potemkin Villager”…

LOLOL.  OK, gotta give this guy some wolverine blood credit here.  Sebastian Gorka appears on CNN to discuss the current state of U.S. interests in Syria, and the President Trump policy toward Russia and Syria therein.

No bait taken. No F**ks given…. and when you get all done with that, make me a sandwich.

White House Statement:

The United States has identified potential preparations for another chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime that would likely result in the mass murder of civilians, including innocent children. The activities are similar to preparations the regime made before its April 4, 2017 chemical weapons attack.

As we have previously stated, the United States is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. If, however, Mr. Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price. (link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, France, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, Military, President Trump, Russia, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

216 Responses to Sebastian Gorka: Bashir Assad is “Cheap Theater”, A “Potemkin Villager”…

1. Former lurker says:

Is CNN still on the air?

2. 4sure says:

I don’t know who to believe on this chemical weapons use story. Surely Assad knows the use of chem. weapons will not be tolerated and will do more to unite west against him. So, why would he do it?

• rf121 says:

The West will do squat. I am not convinced on the chemical use issue either. I would like to see more evidence as I trust the intel community as much as the Wash Post and CNN.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Feel the same way not sure who to believe any more on the chemical weapons since so many fake stories on this..

• olderwiser21 says:

I still think it is weird how all the rescuers in the videos that were hosing off the victims of the chemical attack seemed unfazed by their proximity to the chemicals. I would have thought they would arrive in full hazmat gear or at least gloves, masks, some type of gown, etc…did anyone else think this was odd? Wouldn’t the chemical residue have affected them as well without some type of protection?

• Sunshine says:

I know. The guy isn’t stupid. Unless he’s a deep psychopath.

• jmclever says:

Mr. Gorka did make a point of saying what he expected the outcome would be if there was a rational chain of command in place. Most dictators are not rational. Just saying.

• TreeperInTraining says:

I noticed the chain of command comment. I think Gorka was referring to a normal chain of command where the military reports to their sovereign leader, rather than….let’s say….iran.

Imho

• Ned says:

Assad views the U.S. and an invader. We want Assad OUT and Russia sides with Assad.
          That is where we have a conflict. Using chemical weapons on the populace is wrong and we should take action. Assad has done this many times before.

• Joe says:

“Assad has done this many times before.”
            This statement reminds me of so many others like…
            “Trump can’t win the nomination. The numbers are just not there.”
            “Trump will take the GOP down with him in November.”
            “Man made global warming is a scientific fact which will lead to catastrophic disaster.”
            “The idea that ulcers are caused by parasites is crackpot conjecture.”
            “I have returned from Germany with peace for our time”.
            –I have seen no conclusive evidence Assad is the author of the crimes attributed to him. He is fighting for his life and for the ruling class in Syria. The Global Elite want him out. Why?

• SEJMON says:

NED who are you ?????beside lying as any warmonger !!!!

• jmclever says:

• tellthetruth2016 says:

I can’t believe CNN or ANY news network could show this clip of these babies and NOT be livid at anyone, no matter WHO did it and keep up this propaganda for ratings …… Some damn body in SYRIA did it so, its on ASSADs head to stop it or PDJT will ……..

• Bazza McKenzie says:

Actually true psychopaths typically are intelligent and they don’t put themselves in harm’s way. They are evil but not stupid.

• wj2016 says:

That’s a good question. He has nothing to gain. With the Russians helping him he is winning on the ground so why do the one thing that brings in world intervention? Pretty clear that it is fake.

I don’t thing Trump fell for it in April. The cruise missile strike was symbolic and sent a message without doing any real damage.

• Mike says:

…except for Russian relations.

• yucki says:

Maybe PT-45 and Uncle Vlad exchanged winks on it. The timing was right – the Chinese president eating his chocolate cake at Mar-a-Lago, boom! Nobody hurt, point made.

• covfefe mariner says:

I agree. I don’t believe that Assad used chemical weapons that time (but perhaps he did on other occasions).

I thought the missile strike was a good idea whether the chemical weapons story was true or false.

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

How do you know he has “nothing to gain”? Certainly the U.S. is trying to make it a negative for him, but what I see people here doing all the time in regards to Assad is thinking A) that they know everything he knows and B) that Assad thinks just like they do (therefore, since it doesn’t make sense to THEM, then Assad wouldn’t have done X, Y, or Z either). FALSE! FALSE! FALSE!

• mcclainra says:

IMO, and others who live over there, Assad has NOT used chemical weapons, but was set up. Proven, and yet won’t back down. I don’t agree with everything in this article, and am a strong Trump supporter, but I think he has some very, very bad advisors.
      Advisors who are intent on an overthrow of Assad. Then we will have another Libya, Iraq, or name another………Afghanistan? We need to get OUT of Syria.

• Oncefired says:

I think the Plan was to connect the area the US is operating in with the area that the Kurds occupy and basically partition it off from Assad as a Safe Zone. The problem is that Syria, Iran & Russia preempted the move and took the area in the middle that would have connected it. I think Turkey is the Bad Actor. I say just leave Assad there – screw the Swamp, Trump should just flat out meet with Putin, put a cooperation plan together to kill ISIS and all the other terrorists and get the hell out. Iran can be dealt with later if they are in fact causing trouble. I am thinking Erdogan in Turkey is going to turn into a big problem with the way he is grabbing power, jailing and killing people in his own Country – they should not be in NATO! The Hersch article linked above mentions that prior chemical weapon attacks actually had Turkish fingerprints on them. Trump needs to tell the Neocons to shut up and get out of the Mideast!

• Jedi9 says:

I totally agree about Turkey not being in NATO! There are not our friends! Also I might want to add that the real problem is not Syria, as that is being used as theater in the bigger picture of things. The real problem is China and NK, and I gather as much with the latest incident involving the Fitzgerald, as my gut is telling me that China had something to do with it. Just my suspicions regardless if anybody believes it or not. Just yesterday Trump administration officials have stated that Trump is growing increasingly frustrated with China and their dealings when it comes to NK, and are considering raising tariffs on their steel imports. We will see if this has any legs but this did peak my interest when reading this headline as either being coincidental or not.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think that Russia and Assad know that Trump operates from a position of weakness while MUH RUSSIA is operative, and they see that advantage rapidly slipping away. They see that MUH RUSSIA is failing, so they need a NEW Russia problem for Trump.

I think Putin wants a cloud over Trump. Not a death cloud – just one big enough to strengthen Putin’s hand on negotiation over Syria’s future. Something so that when all is said and done, Syria remains a Russia-friendly client state, Assad is “not in a bad place”, and Russia still has a naval base in Syria. They don’t want a globalist-dictated peace in Syria – they want one driven largely by Assad and Russia.

• bliss3609 says:

Remember? . Assad was a good guy until he wouldn’t let qatar, saudi , etc build aopening through syria! Christians, Muslims, mews were all living together peacefully under assad before saudis, qarar etc greed set in. Syria tourist trade was booming as well
      Before we and saudi etc sent their mercenaries in to syria!

• Because he is and always has been a dictator.

• Esperanza says:

Because he’s a psychopathic dictator?

3. waltherppk says:

Assad will personally be targeted as part of the response to any chemical attack.

• rumpole2 says:

Assad is ONLY in power because he colludes with Russia…… wouldn’t ya think that CNN would be against him? 🙂

• I’m not certain that is what we shoukd do if Assad does use CWs. Earlier today Gen Jack Keane (ret) said that the proper response would be to destroy all of Assad’s airbases (8?)) and planes. I believe that’s a strong enough response that not onky says we are serious, but does some very real damage that greatly reduces Assad’s capability for a repeat.

And, at the sane time it dies not create a power vacuum like in Libta in Iraq.

• Exmil-UK says:

That would be a tragic end to the Syrian story, and would delight the ultra-rich globalist families who own many US Senators and US Reps of both parties. They dream of a world government under their direct control, an entity so powerful no Nation state can oppose its wishes – especially the USA.

If they can crush Assad and replace him with another globalist banking puppet they can use a “Sunni” gas pipeline to eliminate Russia’s EU gas market share with cut-price LPG cheaply delivered by new pipeline from the gulf states. An economic slump in Russia makes Putin a lot easier to get rid of, and would allow his replacement by a weaker leader who will let Goldman Sachs and Chase Morgan back on Russian soil.

These chemical false flags are all about manipulating western public opinion into allowing military intervention against nation states who oppose globalist banking manipulation in their internal economic and political affairs. 5 companies in the US own all MSM Media outlets – and they are controlled ultimately by Globalist creeps.

The CIA is heavily infiltrated by contractors that are bought by rich globalists and that do their bidding, not the bidding of the USA’s legally elected president. I would not trust them to tell me the time, nor should the American public.

• yucki says:

Exactly.
        Who’ll take the responsibility of annointing Assad’s successor?
        Maybe Sen. McCain can volunteer. Finally become “President McCain of Allawi-stan”.

• Jimmy Jack says:

The chemical weapons pics of dead kids are no different than the faked beach boy photos. Psy op false flags.

• covfefe mariner says:

Applause!

Let’s not have another Libya. Now that I know how bad the globalist UniParty is, I wonder how much of the “evil Qadaffi” story was #FakeNews, for the same #FakeReasons.

• TreeperInTraining says:

Mariner…Look at women’s rights before and after. Look at Christian rights before and after. Look at the infrastructure before and after. Look at governing principles before and after.

Gaddafi was couped by fundamental islamists, imho. And we aided, funded and trained them. Imho. I’ll never understand why.

• You must be younger. Yugoslavia was a harbinger of current events. Every vacuum gets filled basic political science.

• J.T. says:

I’m glad some folks are on the ball. good stuff!

• Jedi9 says:

I agree. Russia, is going to be debt free within a few months, so their stake and interest is not just Syria, but competing interests with the global banking cartel in having a larger market share in the gas industry!

• EXACTLY! Many Americans hoped we were electing someone less inspired by the Globalist agenda. It looks as though we were duped again.

• dekester says:

Yep Ex Mil-UK,

You are spot on.

The vitriol directed at PDJT from all quadrants, has awakened the average Joe to the fact that all their politicians are owned, and many by foreign nationals.

We spent a lot of time around the British and U.S. military as youngsters and thought little of it.

Looking back on it, the vast amounts of cash that flooded into our small community from the military was astounding.

This was around the time the U.S. was involved in setting up the oil fields in the North Sea.

Cheers.

4. Sandra-VA says:

Poor Erin… she tried and tried to lure Gorka into her narrative and FAILED! 😀

By the way, I seem to remember that fake TIME cover was a joke sometime during the campaign…

5. 17CatsInTN says:

I love this guy. He is so calm, precise and assured.

Every day as I listen to the cabinet and others in key positions, I marvel anew and am SO thankful the adults are back in charge. There are just no words to describe how blessed we are to have wise, intelligent, non-corruptible men and women taking charge.

6. ctmom says:

Russia, Russia, Russia. They just can’t help themselves.

7. GForce says:

Ah the power of the pause. “Cheap theatre”………………………………………………………….

8. trumpthepress says:

Gorka is brilliant. It was especially enjoyable watching him disagree with every loaded question and completely destroy her dumb narratives.

9. Brian L says:

I love Gorka, but his goatee is crooked and it irritated me to no end.

10. tim glave says:

If Gorka announced it I would tend to believe him. He’s been right about islamic issues for a long time. It sounds like they have pretty good intelligence on this. Hopefully this will stop a horrific massacre.

11. Texian says:

..Played that b!tch like a violin..

12. Niagara Frontier says:

You can tell by the lack of coherent follow up questions and the number of non-sequiturs that these interviewers have a script, a prepared list of questions, and they rarely deviate from the script.

Sometimes I wonder if they even listen to the answers. Gorka could probably stick his shopping list in the middle of an answer as a joke and Erin Burnette wouldn’t even notice.

13. LKA in LA says:

This drama queen is too much! Notice at the end of the video she addressed him as Sebastian in lieu of Dr. Gorka.

• Wend says:

She did that throughout the interview. Unbelievable.

• Tegan says:

Noticed it, as well. Like Hilliary kept referring to POTUS as Donald during the campaign. Gorka should have pulled a Barbara Boxer on her…please, Erin, call me DOCTOR Gorka…I’ve worked so long and hard for this title.
        I have friends who are medical doctors, my personal doctors, and when I see them in their office I always give them the respect and courtesy of calling them Dr. I think little news readers could do the same.

14. President Trump’s Cabinet has established a reputation to uphold:

The INCORRUPTIBLES

15. wj2016 says:

” No F**ks given” That is laughable. Out of all of President Trump’s policies, attacking Assad has the least risk or opposition. Almost zero. Gorka can’t go wrong with the Deep State by threatening Assad over another soon to be fabricated fake chemical weapon use since the establishment has been unanimously supportive of attacking Assad and supporting Al Quaeda and ISIS. This was Obama’s policy and it continues under President Trump..

• Noah says:

This will make ISIS buddy McCain happy. This will make Democrat warhawks happy, and make Republican warhawks happy, this will make NATO expansionists happy. It reeks of pin the weapons-of-mass-destruction on the non-petro-dollar denominated donkey episode number.. hard to keep count. I find myself sometimes experiencing whiplash with the rather insightful commentary which occasionally takes something extremely doubtful as bedrock and hangs a hard turn toward the ideologically globalist conflict merchants and away from the true nationalist interests of America for Americans.
      Ukraine and Syria are globalist projects which are rather widely misrepresented even after pretty significant evidence contradicts the prevailing narrative of humanitarian efforts and Ruskie-puppeted evil dictators and dangerous referendums. Is this sort of topic-non-acknowledged around here? Do people here believe everything that comes out of the intelligence bureaucracy about foreign conflicts and triggers for engaging US forces in those conflicts, and I imagine a very rose-tinted review of the history of US intelligence agencies to not question these things?

• TreeperInTraining says:

Agreed. There is little I disagree with Trump on. The Syrian policy, thus far, is one of them.

The Syrian rebels are known jihadis. They are our “allies” that are always referenced. Gay killing, woman raping, child kidnapping jihadis. There are thousands of news write ups that confirm this…including some that have been featured here.

There is zero reason for Assad to use chemical weapons. There was zero reason last time. There was zero reason the time before. It’s a lose /lose and I don’t believe he did it. Not because he’s a great guy, but because it’s plain idiocy. IF there was a chem attack, I suspect Iran.

We, as a nation, have used the ME as a human chess board…and beyond all the dead there, we have spilt too much blood of our national treasures….our young men and women in uniform. For what, exactly?

These are sovereign nations. Let them be sovereign. And if we are not willing to do that, please spare me the WMD speech and the proverbial keeping Americans safe speech. We’ve heard it all before. Be truthful and let everyone know it is an international peeing contest of nations vying for or trying to maintain superpower status.

Soapbox away. Imho

• Noah says:

I agree with you. I’ve heard this tune a few times too many and it has lost its appeal. Also, you can only play world’s policeman if you aren’t caught faking evidence, or cherry picking who to enforce which rules on.
        Make American Great Again, and to me that means acknowledging sovereignty of other nations and not defining National Security as threatened by any change to the status quo in any country around the world depending on strategic long-term political goals, oughts, nice-to-haves, business interests, other nations’ interests, groups of nations’ interest, ill-defined humanitarian interests which only come up when useful, and the rest of the evolving list. This is the opposite of the rule of law, this is the rule of men allied against most principles of value while invoking their names.

• mark4trump says:

My biggest concern about Assad is the strong support he has from Iran. Your friends & your enemies define who you are. If Iran is one of Assad’s strongest supporters * what does that say about Assad? Syria has also been one of Israel’s most intractable enemies. What does that say about Assad?

• Sentient says:

And we’re buds with Saudi. Does that define us? Your concern is noted. We’re continually told that Iran is the “biggest state sponsor of terrorism”. Bull. Saudi Arabia has them beat by a country mile.

• Vince says:

wj2016 – I agree there is no internal risk for President Trump, but there is quite a bit of risks with the Russians. The deep state seems to want a war with Russia, and it has been that way for years. The Russian conspiracy is a convenient conspiracy to keep President Trump from warming relations with Russian until they can get him removed and get back to the war plan.

President Trump wants ISIS gone, but I have never heard him say anything about regime change in Syria, nor should he. So why focus on something that is not ISIS related?
      Has he delegated this out too much? Is he afraid about continuing the Russia conspiracy if he tells the military to back off and just handle ISIS in Iraq?

16. Troublemaker10 says:

I’ve always liked Gorka. In his book he talked about how we need to aggressively confront the ideology of radical Islam the same way we confronted the ideology of Communism decades ago.

Gorka’s father was a college student growing up in Hungary when Communism took over. He became a spy against the Soviets for the Brits. He was discovered and put in prison, treated brutally, for years. He escaped prison during a failed uprising.

Gorka understands this stuff.

• Noah says:

If he understood radical Islam he wouldn’t be going after Assad, since his rule had allowed Christians to live peacefully with Muslims up until this destabilization began. Attacking Assad is helpful to radical Islamist fighters which are surrounding and attacking a much more secular leader of Syria. At some point changing course from helping radical Islamicists would probably be wise I would think.

• TreeperInTraining says:

As was Gadaffi. Secular, really. Now most of Libya operates under sharia. What was once one of the safest countries in the ME/NA, has become one if the most dangerous.

Please don’t mistake my meaning, though. A ME leader is a ME leader. They’re different than most western leaders, but so are their societal norms, too. Different.

The last admin seemed to favor the fanatic islamists (in Egypt, Libya and Syria), and I’m hoping upon hope that this admin will change things up a bit. Imho

• dilonsfo says:

That was Obama’s policy not President Trumps. President Trump says we are in Syria not to fight for one side or another for Syria proper but to kill every ISIS member we can until they are completely destroyed. If you believe that Assad or anyone else has the right to use banned chemical weapons….well, I just hope that is not the case.

• TreeperInTraining says:

I don’t think you will find anyone here saying Assad (or anyone else for that matter) should be permitted to use chemical weapons. I think we are all compassionate, decent people.

I do think psych ops happen. No. Strike that. Psych ops happen. Leading up to the Iraq war (can’t remember if it was desert storm or the later one), we all got to hear testimony that was televised nationally from a young child describing horrific things, including babies being thrown from incubators by the Hussein Army. It was a lie.

Fool me once…..

• spren says:

Janet Reno, Bill Clinton’s AG, used chemical weapons against innocent Americans in Waco, TX back in 1993. Most of the people who died were young children who died excruciating deaths after CS gas was used on them. It causes the muscles to contract and many of these children were found bent over completely backwards. Then the compound was burned to destroy evidence.

• Orygun says:

You could say that the Clinton’s were our version of a home grown terrorist. They liked to terrorize their own populace by trampling on their rights and extinguishing their lives.

• Troublemaker says:

I think at the heart of this is that it is part of a larger battlefield and geopolitical movements to isolate Iran.

17. Erin is only 8 years too late with her questions about enforcing red lines. In four years she’ll be doing the ice bucket challenge.

18. mazziflol says:

I loved the way he vocalized “We are there to crush ISIS…”

19. litlbit2 says:

CNN seems to be great at giving the….dumbest readers on the planet a job, then thinking to call it a news program! Beam me up Scottie!

20. missmarple2 says:

I have seen discussion on Thomas Wictor’s Twitter feed that the military stuff in Syria is really being driven by Iran. In that case, the use of chemical weapons would make sense because Iran would like to draw the US into a wider war justifying them attacking both the Saudis and Israel.

The dilemma, of course, is that if we do nothing, then we look weak. If we do too much, it plays into Iran’s hands. Therefore, destroying the planes is probably the best choice.

I have to trust that the best people are in charge as they are very smart and concerned about all aspects of this. I do not ascribe to the idea that President Trump can be duped into attacking Assa by faulty intelligence. He is not going to take intelligence reports as gospel, but will ask questions.
    I support whatever President Trump decides is the best course.

• Wend says:

Love Thomas Wictor! That guy is brilliant.

• Minnie says:

Hear, Hear, missmarple 👍👍👍

• TreeperInTraining says:

Missmarple..although I disagree with our ME policy (and have for years), there is something about this admin that makes me trust and hope more than I have in a long time. Gorka, and articulate alpha males and females like him are the reason. As far as Syria…Time will tell.

But in the interim, when I read posts about this topic, it is clear that Trump was able to pull a lot of libertarians into the conservative tent. I’m one if them. Being allowed in this big tent is a new experience for me, and I’m greatful to the Trump Republicans who have moved over and let me and mine sit on the bench. For the most part, I’ve found tolerance and a live and let live attitude, and I am thankful. The other Party is not like that. Ahem.

And as always, I can’t thank Sundance enough. It was his articles and threads leading up to the election that opened the tent flap for a lot of us. We are generally anti war but pro Trump.. and you have welcomed us.

Namaste from a trainee.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Iran has been controlling Syria for years. When we say Syria, in our minds we need to immediately equate that with Iran.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Makes sense. As I said above, I think this is more about Iran, and isolating Iran than anything. The Saudi action against Qatar is also part of isolating Iran.

21. fleporeblog says:

I completely adore Dr. Sebastian Gorka! He is such an advocate for our President. He absolutely loves to slap these morons from CNN, MSNBC etc around. What I admire the most is the way he throws it in Barry from Hawaii’s face every time he gets a chance.

22. litlbit2 says:

Americans no longer taking the comments or questions from the folly of the MSM’s.

• Wend says:

It’s ABOUT TIME! More and more well known people are going to sue and win-the NY Times v. Sullivan standard will be overcome and these loathsome entities driven out of business. To Gov. Palin-YOU GO GIRL!

23. Mike says:

Test. I’m having weird issues with CTH. My comments don’t appear on one thread, but appear on others. I’m reading comments, but suddenly get booted back to the home page. Don’t know if it’s a problem with my computer and/or connection or a CTH issue.

24. Rip Tide says:

Yes flep Gorka is pure Wolverine!!

25. Minnie says:

Oh, Lordy, you tell them, Sebastian.

How I love alpha men and OUR magnificent President leads the team with determination and strength 🦁

We stand firm, we stand resolved, we stand ready!!

Amen 🙏

God continues to bless and protect our beautiful America, land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE!!

COVFEFE 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

26. Emblematic says:

Here is Seymour Hersh’s recent article about the supposed use of chemical weapons by Assad.

I would prefer President Trump to follow the pragmatic approach to foreign policy that he campaigned on and work with Russia to bring about stability in Syria, but the choice of the Republican leadership in Congress to go along with the whole fabricated Russia conspiracy narrative has made that hard.

27. oldarmyblog says:

MOAB on the airfield when the satellite feed shows them loading the weapons on the aircraft. Tell the Russians to screw off.

28. NJF says:

No wonder they caved so quickly.

29. winky says:

I seethe when I hear that Bashar al Assad is planning another chemical attack…..It is just BS….Russia will not let anything happen to Al Assad I do not think. I believe Russia would be weakened if something happened to Assad….yes big problem for Putin too.
    SO LET US PUT ON OUR THINKING CAPS.
    Who would REALLY benefit if Assad is taken out??

• sundance says:

Winky… The administration is publicly broadcasting this stuff specifically because they don’t want to be drawn into this stuff.

Change your frame of reference.

Trump is telling all the players in Syria that he doesn’t WANT TO engage there, they just have to get rid of ISIS and stabilize…. but they have to get rid of ISIS.

Right now Bashir Assad and Russia don’t want to get rid of ISIS or Islamic extremists because they need the foil. So long as ISIS exists, Assad is essentially safe, and has an excuse to exist.

Meanwhile Assad targets his internal political opposition, not ISIS.

Because of this dynamic the U.S. ends up trying to protect the internal political opposition, and simultaneously fight ISIS (al-Qaeda, al-Nusra etc.).

• winky says:

Thanks for the explanation Sundance…..it really helps.

• TreeperInTraining says:

Sundance. Thanks for this. Agreed…the ties that bind in the Middle east are terribly complicated.

After yesterday’s day of winning, I was really taken aback by the random Syria announcement. My gut fell. It didn’t quite make sense. Why a public announcement about an attack that hasn’t happened yet? Then here you come, explaining things…and making sense.

To quote one if my favorite bands, “Stop making sense.”

J/k. Don’t ever stop, and thank you.

• Sentient says:

The problem with that is that when the Sunnis launch another false flag chemical attack (or an altogether fake one), THEY force Trump’s hand – unless he’s willing to call the 2013 attack a false flag and the Spring 2017 “attack” a false flag. At some point people need to acknowledge the truth – that the purported chem attacks are fakes intended to justify a US attack to depose Assad. The people in the US intelligence community behind deposing Assad are the same people trying to depose Trump.

• Deb says:

I’m not saying the original attack was a false flag. But considering the types of preparations needed for a CW attack, Assad should be able to prevent his enemies from carrying them out. If Assad can’t prevent CW false flag attacks, he should be gone. If he’s behind the attacks, he should be gone.

• Orygun says:

Agreed. I think that President Trump is sending a more broad message to all parties that he knows someone is planning a CW attack and if they carry it out there will be hell to pay.

He knows full well that they have been using false flags for years in the ME.

• MVW says:

We no longer want to ‘nation build’, look how well that went with $6 trillion so far… Yes. I can understand that.

Now we just want to create ‘safe zones’… in the Middle East!!!!!! LOL!!! That shouldn’t cost any more than $20 trillion.

So, we are going to destroy ISIS, an ideology based on the holy books of Islam, with bombs. The psychoanalysis couches should remain full with that one, too.

Israel was created to create a safe space for Jews after the Holocaust. And it was created in the Middle East. Well, that really worked out well.

30. Kent says:

Keep at’em Sundance…………………..

31. Indimex says:

Haha! Brilliant statesman vs. Blinking Chatty Cathy. It’s never gonna be a fair fight.

32. SharonKinDC says:

IMO, I think the WH msg as relayed by the statement released by Spicer is a message for Iran, Assad’s other, far less trustworthy partner. Conceivably, Iran could set up something to make it look like it was ‘rebels’, but the blame would still be on the Assad camp, due to the partnership w/ Iran.

I think it’s advisable when dealing w/ statements from the WH, especially when dealing w/ the Syrian problem, to look beyond the ‘easy’ message.

• winky says:

Do not think it matters who sets something up…..Assad will always get the blame. It is part of the narrative. Assad has nothing to gain for gassing his people…it is just not true….so I will ask my question again……Who really gains if Assad goes?

• jmclever says:

Your assumption is that Assad is a logical person who weighs logical pros and cons. What all dictators gain from brutalizing their people is the cementing of their dictatorship by making people too afraid or too weak to rise up against them. Applying logic to psychopaths is where we often fail in our analysis and actions.

• Sentient says:

Pipelines to Europe from the Gulf. The Gulf states win. Russia loses. Russia’s economy suffers and they’re weakened. Why should Russia fear an American attack on them? Oh, maybe because we have zero compunction about taking military action anywhere in the world, because we reneged on assurances to Russia about expanding NATO right up to their doorstep (Montenegro?), because we install destabilizing missile systems in adjacent countries and topple an elected government in an adjacent country (Ukraine). Did you really think the neocons would let the Cold War go? Deposing Assad is all part of the Great Game, still underway. Peace with Russia cannot be allowed.

33. American Me says:

I wonder if I will ever understand what has taken place and what is taking place in Syria. An ophthalmologist who had no interest (from my understanding) in politics. His brother, the next in line died in a car crash. So his father urged him to become the next leader of Syria. He supposedly went to military Academy and so on to “help” him facilitate his abilities to rule as the leader of Syria. All I know about Syria is what I have learned from The Treehouse and Internet searches. I never once heard about Syria in all my years of education (high school). I have so many questions I don’t know where to begin. Is Syria not a sovereign nation? Are women and Christians apart not only of their society equally but also apart of the government also? Am I wrong or misinformed? If Syria is a sovereign nation than how is it that there are different nations “operating” in Syria? Did they receive permission from Syria. Let’s say ISIS culminated and fostered in Canada. If they crossed the border from the north and attacked America would it be considered a civil war? It would seem like an “invasion” to me. The media calls it a civil war. Was Syria not invaded than by that logic? If so than how is it a civil war? If ISIS are he’ll bent on killing all non Muslims than why (and I ask this next question with no malice or hatred) haven’t they pointed towards Isreal, the most hated nation amongst Muslim extremist? I hope I didn’t offend any one with my post or of the questions I have asked. If I did I apologize. I only care to understand. Jessica brought me here and I don’t know how but she did. I’ve learned a lot since then yet I hope to learn more. God bless The Treehouse and everyone who contributes. I thank all of you for helping me understand. GOD bless you Sundance and all of the Treepers perched on the branches

34. Bazza McKenzie says:

I think on this one everyone is being played by President Trump.

The idea that every few months Assad decides to just gas a bunch of civilians for no military purpose, knowing this is likely to lead to attack by the US including potentially against him personally, is just ludicrous.

But the MIC/MSM have played up that ridiculous claim so now it is widely accepted. So the WH says “Assad is preparing to arbitrarily gas a few more people. He will pay a big price if he does.”

There will of course be no attack, since Assad was never planning one, but then President Trump will point out how effective has been his threat and chalk up another win. Since the media/MSM have been generally spinning the lie about Assad and gassing, they are not in a position to challenge the President.

• Has anyone ever asked themselves why Assad allowed the Christians to live and flourish in Syria?
      I’ve said this before and it needs to be mentioned again. I am close with a woman whose family lives inside Syria she is a DT supporter or was and despised HRC. She’s socially liberal and in all other ways conservative. I have read the messages her family has sent her from Syria praising the Russians for saving them from IS.
      They claimed the last chemical attack was a false-flag and they’re pleading with American friends to keep out and leave Assad in place.
      I can assure you this woman would tell me if her cousins uncles and aunts were brainwashed.

• Sentient says:

The Assad government allowed all religious minorities to flourish: Alawites (like the Assads), Christians, Druze, Shia. Maintaining a secular government was/is self-preservation for the Alawi. Your friend is right. We should leave Assad in place. President Trump may not be in favor of deposing Assad, but many in the US military and IC most assuredly are.

• I’ve got to save that one, Sundance…so perfect!

35. Has anyone ever asked themselves why Assad allowed the Christians to live and flourish in Syria?

• sundance says:

Generational “stockholm syndrome”. Assad doesn’t attack Christians because he needs them, not because he’s altruistic. Syrian Christians serve his purposes.

Additionally, there are twice as many Syrian Christians living as refugees inside Jordan than live in Syria itself. Ask you friend, if what she says is true of Syrian Christians, why is that?

Assad cares about Assad above all else.

• And Sadam allowed strip joints and liquor stores and without a doubt served his own purposes.
        What part of this destabilizing quagmire have we benefited from since the weapons of mass destruction ruse?
        But I will be happy to carry your message to her next time we speak.
        That being said I must say Sundance you’re getting a real reputation for accuracy. I’ll mention this to her. Thanks for everything you do keep up the damn good work..and get some sleep LOL

• Bazza McKenzie says:

Are they refugees from Assad or from ISIS? I have no idea but it is a relevant question.

• dave says:

Well, if you value results, the fact is that in Syria and Israel Christians could live in peace. What’s bad about that?

• railer says:

I agree with you that Assad cares about himself above all else. However, when you assign motives and impure thoughts to his actions, and judge his actions based upon those motives and impure thoughts and not on the actions themselves, you take on the milky thought process of the two US District courts that the USSC overturned 9-0 the other day.

It’s not an either/or analysis. It’s both/and. We need to judge all of this based upon actions, not using the neocon purity tests. We already know how that all works out.

• Bazza McKenzie says:

No one suggests that Assad is using gas as a regular part of his war effort. So the idea that every now and then he has someone pull out a few gas cannisters and lob then at civilians, where there would be no military gain, just a lot of videos to undermine his regime is just ludicrous.

The fact this is so actively promoted by US media and the MIC says a lot about how evil those agitators are.

36. TexasDude says:

You know, a good nuke against ISIS or Assad would do the world a service.

37. yakmaster2 says:

For someone who speaks (and READS) English, Erin Burnett apparently has great difficulty in understanding it. How many different ways can she ask the same question for further clarification? I credit Dr. Gorka for not giving in to the temptation to ask her if he should speak SLOWER.

38. blognificentbee says:

My 2 cents.

Penny #1: The Syria problem left in POTUS’ lap is another Obama failure and is the typical ME spaghetti bowl of connections/foes/friends that boggles my mind. That said, upon first reading of the most recent WH Syria statement, my first thought was…that message was not meant so much for Americans, but for others in the ME. Conclusion – trust Trump.

Penny #2: Oh my, that Gorka! Brilliant and appealing on so many levels! I wish I could make a ringtone of him saying “statecraft.” I would make it my morning iPhone alarm sound! Oh yeah, did I say that he’s brilliant too?! ☺️

[url=https://postimg.org/image/mtal98qn3/][img]https://s19.postimg.org/mtal98qn3/IMG_0438.jpg[/img][/url]

39. Patriot1783 says:

Great thread! After watching video, my first thought was to post Gorka’s ending quote
    “….cheap theater, Potemkin village, nothing more than smoke and mirrors” 😂😂😂
    Thank you SD for all you do!

40. America First says:

Wonder if Dr. Gorka has considered the ‘irrational actors’ here are just as likely to be McCain, McMullin, Deep State et al. After pulling off 9/11 under the people’s noses, their arrogance seems to be sky high.

41. stillers213 says:

At what point does CNN get banned from the White House? The Enquirer does not have a spot in the briefing room so what is the difference?

42. shadowcole says:

I’m just going to sit back and let God take of it. President Trump was anointed by God and he will do as God chooses, however that happens by way of people that surround President Trump.

43. we300 says:

Wow. Love Gorka and have for some time. That CNN babe is unbelievable to watch and listen to. She clearly has an agenda, clearly is intentionally asking the same question over and over again in different ways in order to entrap him. What a beeyatch. I am so happy that Gorka is with this administration and that CNN is finally being forced to eat some excrement sandwiches. Hope they die a slow, painful death.