Secretary Wilbur Ross Armchair Discussion SelectUSA Trade Conference…

Our friends at the U.S. Dept of Commerce (DoC) took the weekend off prior to uploading the content from last week’s SelectUSA conference on economics and trade. Unfortunately that delayed our ability to discuss.

However, that said, CTH is often asked how we are able to predict economic and financial events with accuracy. The answer is quite simple, we listen to the raw information. We don’t listen to the media’s interpretation of events, we seek out the actual events and analyze the raw information. Assemble enough of those disparate (but connected) raw information data points and logical predictive conclusions follow.

During the U.S. DoC SelectUSA trade and economic conference last week both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross provided some great insight into the policies that will structurally impact everyone. Three videos are available below:

Secretary Wilbur Ross armchair discussion and Q&A:

Secretary Ross conference introduction and remarks (Ross begins at 02:00):

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin introduction and remarks:

You can find more presentation videos HERE

This entry was posted in Big Government, Budget, Economy, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Secretary Wilbur Ross Armchair Discussion SelectUSA Trade Conference…

1. “And you are going to say:’Oh Please! Mr. Trump! We are tired of all this winning!’
    Not tired yet, Mr. President, Sir! Not tired yet!

Carry on Mr. President! Carry on, indeed!

2. The President and all the President’s men/women. These patriots could care less about SJW, BLM, etc. They ignore the faux outrage and get the job done. I truly didn’t realize just how great PDJT ability to pick the right person for a specific job was. I heard rumors etc. But the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is about to get sweeter.

3. JmkNY says:

I never thought I’d get so excited to hear about economic issues. However, with these men at the helm along I LOVE hearing about this stuff. Who knew?

• Landslide says:

Agree! And isn’t it grand having highly competent adults in charge?!! Just.so.thankful. 🇺🇸

• Imagine the Apprenticeship Doctorates in Economics that will be earned over the next 8 years as people follow the Trump Administration like the once followed Elvis!

Every day is a new installment with chapters for every Administration Department and Agency, subplots for every Trade Deal and Security Challenge, and co-stars leading every Alliance across the planet.

• JC says:

I know, right? I catch myself totally engrossed in stuff that I used to discipline myself to listen to, with little success.

I also realized as I listened to the speakers at this symposium that I don’t recall any event even remotely of this caliber with the last administration. Hey, the permanent grimace I wore for 8 years is gone. Now I need to find a way to wipe this silly grin off my face. Nah… it’s here to stay.

4. thluckyone says:

What? Rules based trade agreements? WHAT? Free trade to equal FAIR trade? TRANSPARENCY based trade rules enforcement? An end to protectionism from our trading partners? WHAT WORLD ARE THESE GUYS LIVING IN? They sound like aliens from the COVFEFE DIMENSION!!

5. Owlen Rose says:

Economic Trump Team USA doesn’t want other countries to lose, that’s not how trade works. They just want us to start winning too.

6. Wend says:

Precious wolverine babies.

7. Johnny Bravo says:

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, but when Liam Fox stated the U.K. Has a “relatively low regulatory regime”, i nearly choked on my tea!

I run a business in the 🇬🇧, and the 🇺🇸, under Trump, has a much better programme of removing regs 2 for every one new one, although even that is not quite correct imho✌️

8. belle819 says:

Who would’ve known six months ago I would have a crush on Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson etal, but there I go.

9. Johnny Bravo says:

Should have read… is not quite enough imho

10. rashamon says:

“All the President’s Men (and Women)” has taken on a new meaning now that we have the Real Deal heading the departments. I no longer hold my breath awaiting the next misstep down the ever-deepening rabbit hole. I also believe many,many assistants and judges are now in place, no thanks to our Congress trying to throw a wrenching the gears at every turn.

11. Mr. Fox made my heart sing when he said the UK govt should stop thinking about distributing and wealth and start thinking more about creating wealth, by which I hopefully assume he means allowing the private sector to create wealth.

12. R-C says:

One ‘editorial comment’, if I may: Shouldn’t Rex Tillerson’s picture be that of a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

13. jeans2nd says:

The discussion roundtable was particularly interesting and educational, thank you. Both Wilburine and the U.K. guy really talked economics, real economics, that ppl could understand.

The U.K. guy briefly mentioned the most important energy, human energy. Wish more econ ppl would stress the importance of the energy of the human mind.

From the U.K. guy’s words, it sounds like Brexit is a fait accompli, and the U.K. is already moving on to do new trade deals with the U.S.

Thank you for mentioning SelectUSA. Having never heard of it, turns out it was created under the Obama admin. Reading through Obama’s speech to SelectUSA in 2015, the contrast between the Trump approach and the Obama approach is remarkable. No wonder no one trusts nor believes the US anymore. Obama’s speech is purely political, taking constant nasty swipes at Congress and Republicans, and is nothing but obvious lies. What a refreshing change we have now.

SelectUSA’s twitter feed is quite encouraging – https://twitter.com/selectusa

14. carrierh says:

Is there some way to keep the screen bouncing up all the time rather than lingering where we can see and listen to the discussion?