President Trump Roundtable with the American Technology Council…

Earlier this evening President Trump participated in a roundtable with technology executives as part of an administration effort to bring the operational and organizational objectives of the federal government into the 21st century.

The overall goal of the administration is to increase federal efficiency standards, reduce the size of government through elimination of bureaucratic waste, and use technology to deliver a more efficient federal administration.  Generation Z set to be the biggest benefactors.

[Transcript] 5:22 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. It’s great to have you at the White House. And I just wanted to pass on word — Otto Warmbier has just passed away. He spent a year and a half in North Korea. A lot of bad things happened. But at least we got him home to be with his parents, where they were so happy to see him, even though he was in very tough condition. But he just passed away a little while ago. It’s a brutal regime, and we’ll be able to handle it.

But I want to thank you all for being here, special people. I’m really thrilled to welcome many of you for the first time, and certainly the first time meeting as the American Technology Council. We’re joined by an incredible group of leaders on the absolute cutting edge of innovation, including many CEOs from the world’s most successful businesses.

We have approximately $3.5 trillion of market value in this room — but that’s almost the exact number that we’ve created since my election. (Laughter.) In fact, I think we have you beat by a little bit, which is a pretty good number. But I congratulate you all. Done an amazing job. Thank you for lending your time and your talent to the American people. A lot of ideas have come out of the room today, and a lot of ideas will over the next short period of time.

I also want to welcome Secretary Mnuchin, Secretary Kelly, Administrator Verma, and my Budget Director, Mick Mulvaney. Thank you all. Done a great job. I want to thank Jared and Chris — Chris Liddell — for assembling such a spectacular group of people. They’re working very, very hard. I want to thank Ivanka for working so hard on it; it’s a real passion.

Our goal is to lead a sweeping transformation of the federal government’s technology that will deliver dramatically better services for citizens, stronger protection from cyberattacks — which we were just discussing in the Oval Office with a little bit smaller group. That’s a big problem, there’s no question about it. We’re going to be working on it and we’re going to solve the problem — and up to a trillion dollars in savings for taxpayers over the next 10 years. Over a trillion.

We’re embracing big change, bold thinking, and outsider perspectives to transform government and make it the way it should be, and at far less cost.

My administration has already taken very historic steps to modernize critical IT systems and make government more transparent. As an example, you’re seeing what we’re doing with the airports, with all of the billions and billions of dollars that have been spent on planes flying all in the wrong directions — we’re getting a change. They’ve spent many billions of dollars, and we are getting that whole system fixed. Money wasted over the last six or seven years — billions.

VA Secretary Shulkin recently announced that we’re upgrading technology to allow the seamless transfer of veterans’ medical records from the Defense Department, which has been a huge problem for decades and decades for our great veterans. We’ll have it fixed very soon, but it’s been a problem for many, many decades. Across government, we’re fixing problems in months that others have not fixed in many, many years. And we’re just getting started.

Fifty years ago, our government drove the innovation that inspired the world and put Americans on the moon. Today, many of our agencies rely on painfully outdated technology, and yet, we have the greatest people in technology that the world has ever seen right here with us in this room. And most of them are just nodding as I say that. They’re actually agreeing with me, which — (laughter) — that’s interesting, Eric, right?

Government needs to catch up with the technology revolution. We’re going to change that with the help of great American businesses like the people assembled. The businesses represented here today employ hundreds of thousands of American workers.

Your innovation has shaped the modern world and created millions of jobs. America should be the global leader in government technology just as we are in every other aspect, and we are going to start our big edge again in technology -– such an important industry. I view it from the standpoint of jobs and other things; you view it somewhat differently. But we’re all in the same ballpark. It’s so important. So important.

My administration is embracing a new spirit of innovation that will make life better for all Americans. And when it comes to what we’re here for today, American technology, we’re working very diligently with everybody, including Congress, on immigration so that you can get the people you want in your companies. And it’s been a tremendous problem that you’ve had over the past long period of time. So we’re working very hard on that and we’ll be able to solve that problem.

I want to thank everyone in the room for lending your time, again.

END – 5:28 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Budget, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to President Trump Roundtable with the American Technology Council…

1. missmarple2 says:

Sundance,

I just love that collage of frownie-faced Never Trumpers. LOL!

Thanks for posting this. I missed it because I had my dog at the vet. Much appreciated!

2. Brian L says:

Jeff Bezos looks so happy to be there!

3. So, I’m guessing that today was the second time that eric ScHmIdT was in the White House?

Yeah, not a fan… at all. I think he should definitely be left out of the mix.

Unless Trump is data mining for future undermining. 😉

4. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

9:47….President Trump sez “the DNC could have used you”!

Classic!

5. fleporeblog says:

Generation Z is the workforce that will reap all the benefits that our President is pushing forward through his administration. From the Apprenticeship program and what our President is trying to accomplish with the tech folks. They will carry Trumpism forward for the next 50+ years. It is truly a marriage made in HEAVEN!

From the article linked above:

You know all those teenagers with their face plastered in their iPhones, the ones skateboarding everywhere and whiling away their free time playing video games? Turns out they’re actually paying attention to politics — and they aren’t big fans of the only political party they’ve known up until now, the Democrats.

A new national survey by My College Options and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation gathered info from a whopping 50,000 “Generation Z” high school students ages 14 to 18 to gauge their political attitudes on the 2016 election. In what will surely be a surprise to the older generations yelling at Gen Z to get off our lawns, the survey found that a majority identify as Republican.

While all these kids will be able to vote in the 2020 election, let’s take first-time voters alone to start. The survey found that 46 percent of the 18-year-olds surveyed voted for Trump; just 31 percent went for Hillary Clinton. Sure, 6 percent said they “would choose not to vote in this election,” but just 11 percent went third party.

THIS IS AMERICANA at its best! Our Lion preparing the way for the future! Their kids will be told about the Lion that saved America. They will be brought up in homes that parents are financially able to make it and prosper.

Here is an image that shows the love between our Lion and his cubs (Generation Z)!

• Deb says:

I have two Generation Z high schoolers. Teenagers always question authority, which to them means questioning the Democrats who have been in charge as long as they can remember, and the Establishment in general. I don’t know how many of my son’s friends actually like Trump, but I know all them question political correctness and they are just how ridiculous and hysterical the Democrats are.

6. woohoowee says:

Trump45: Across government, we’re fixing problems in months that others have not fixed in many, many years. And we’re just getting started.

🙂 MAGA!

• The Boss says:

Every day, President Trump and his administration are making Congress look like the schlubs they are and have been for decades. While Congress chases shiny Russian objects and ignores important agenda items, the administration is full speed ahead on MAGA.

• woohoowee says:

Yep, like Wilburine said earlier today (my paraphrase): “Trump45 is doing his job as Executive and My department is doing its job.”

Indeed, all of Trump45’s Cabinet is 🙂

7. Sayit2016 says:

President Trump is always so gracious and complimentary…..he gives boldly gives credit where credit is due—-I guarantee you will never hear President Trump say ….. “YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT”……

8. sundance says:

• CiscoKid says:

Americian innovation.
      Henry Fords assembly line.
      Orville and Wilbur Wright.
      Thomas Edison.
      Luther Burbank.
      Much much more, but I’ll cap it off with this.
      America put men on the moon.
      And Mars is in our sights.

9. NJF says:

Those who won’t show, ie Cuckerberg, Musk et al are hypocritical cowards.

Loved all the positivity in the room!

• Virgo says:

I agree, it’s encouraging to see the constructive public engagement, however, I would ask these CEOs to go back and explain that to their corporate peers because I still see open hostility in their ranks and it really matters when they exude that attitude to employees at large. These business leaders need to stop the dissonant messaging between what they are saying to the WH and what they say to the public, their employees and their investors.

We want to know their true positions. Are they still working with the media against this administration or are they now working for the country?

10. rjcylon says:

For President Trump to share a table with Bezos shows a degree of magnanimity that I will never achieve in my lifetime.

11. Sylvia Avery says:

I watched this on TV in real time. I was struck by PDJT’s statement about Otto Warmbier. It seemed to me he was struggling just a bit to keep his composure.

Another thing that struck me is how many similar type meetings I have sat through in my time. Usually they are time sucking wastes. I can imagine these folks have sat through even MORE meetings. And yet, they seemed genuinely taken with the possibilites and opportunities. In other words, it appears something worthwhile is being attempted here and whether or not they supported PDJT I am betting he is winning at least some of them over.

Also, so many praised Jarred and Ivanka where so often they are grumbled about if not outright trashed online. That should answer a few questions people have had about what they doing interloping into government business, right?

And finally, once again I couldn’t help but think “I’ve never see a President do something like this before. How interesting this is to get a glimpse of how he works.”

• Maquis says:

He is amazing.

• wodiej says:

I totally agree. Most CEO’s have long, drawn out meetings that should only take 30 minutes. They have to have food, chat leisurely and then eventually get to the point which takes forever. This meeting is how they SHOULD be. Introduce yourself, what company you work for and what contribution you are going to make to help us improve the technology. Meeting over in 20 minutes and no food or small talk. Get back to work.

12. anthohmy says:

“The DNC could have used you.”

• anthohmy says:

Tim Cook look shocked that President Trump could move so quickly from the loss of an American citizen into the task of the day.

At Apple, they have the luxury to reflect for hours, days, weeks, months, upon a loss, when US citizens are lost daily and we must carry on.

13. anthohmy says:

McMasters hitting his pen on the table, was that spontaneous?

14. Needed more skill as a politicians

15. jeans2nd says:

Google delivers. Announced at Google I/O ’17
    From Google Webmaster Central Blog
    Connect to job seekers with Google Search
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017
    “At Google I/O this year, we announced Google for Jobs, a new company-wide initiative focused on helping both job seekers and employers, through collaboration with the job matching industry.”

There is much work to do. Obama left a real mell of a hess. Guess Obama was too busy spying on us.
    “Oversight Report Shows NSA Failed To Secure Its Systems Following The Snowden Leaks”

Jared Kushner is reported to be going to Israel this week.

Jared Kushner should stop in Tel Aviv on the way back.
    Announcing the TechCrunch Tel Aviv Meetup + Pitch-off agenda
    Date: June 28
    Time: 5:30 PM — 10:00 PM
    Venue: Trask – טראסק, Tel Aviv

Peter Theil is at this event. Read yesterday Mr. Theil’s name has been cleared re: the recent “blood” libelous rumor, i.e. Very Fake Nasty News (sue them Mr. Theil). Perhaps Mr. Theil and Mr. Kushner could include some of the bazillion new startups that would benefit We The People greatly, and get away from Big Tech.
    Here’s hoping.

16. Anne says:

This qualifies as “journalism” in the UK…

Donald Trump welcomes tech bosses to awkward-looking White House summit

17. blognificentbee says:

Where is Rudy? He was supposed tobe heading the cyber-security group? He has not been seen since and is not on any TV shows. I fear that he is unwell. Does anyone know what the official line is? I can’t be the only one asking about him.

• Donna in Oregon says:

I read this article on Rudy. I can see the check list in the article where Rudy is helping President Trump on his agenda. It reads like Ukraine and Iran are next on the list. Sometimes the MSM is helpful…..without knowing it.

Rudy Giuliani’s foreign dealings may complicate rise to Trump cabinet
      Published time: 16 Nov, 2016 05:03

After the list is done I hope Rudy works on the NSA or DOJ. Either one, or both.

18. carrie2 says:

I like the way Trump talks to them while examining them at the same time. Yes, government departments need to be updated so if these Silicon Valley gents/ladies want to help do at a reasonable cost, then go ahead. Trump is always nice to everyone even when we know he either doesn’t like them or wants to get what he wants for us and our country. Politeness throws them off and that’s when he has them where he wants them. A very clever businessman!

19. wodiej says:

These are the things that are not reported on the news and should be. Many Americans don’t go on Facebook, read political blogs, or get adequate and accurate news. They don’t have cable so they are stuck with local news channels. I am grateful to sundance and others that post these things to keep us up to date on what the Trump administration is doing. This meeting is really a huge factor in the agenda to MAGA. Good paying jobs, high tech everything, saving money, and the list keeps growing.

And I’m proud to be an American……