Ongoing – Terrorist Attack Against Western Resort in Mali…

Ten days ago the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Embassy in Mali warned every American to avoid any travel to Mali and specifically to avoid any resort, hotel or venue without high security: “Avoid vulnerable locations with poor security measures in place, including hotels, restaurants, and churches.”

The U.S. State Department specifically warned of al-Qaeda (AQIM) attacks and kidnapping: “In the border regions shared by Mali, Niger, and Burkina Faso, extremist groups and linked criminal networks have targeted Westerners for kidnapping.

Today, a holiday resort in Mali popular with Western tourists has been stormed by gunmen, with hostages taken.

(Via Daily Mail) […] Shots were heard by local residents near Le Campement Kangaba, to the eastern edge of the Malian capital Bamako, with plumes of smoke also seen billowing into the air.

Malian troops and soldiers from France’s Bakhane regional counter-terrorist force were surrounding the site, a resort boasting accommodation in hut-style rooms, as well as restaurants and swimming pools.

Officials have said it is believed that the attack was carried out by jihadists, but it is not yet known if there were any casualties, although it is feared there may be multiple civilian deaths. (read more)

This entry was posted in ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Mali, media bias, North Africa, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

160 Responses to Ongoing – Terrorist Attack Against Western Resort in Mali…

• R-C says:

Hey, it’s Africa. “Insanity” is on the menu there, daily.

I’ve been to Bamako–lived there for a bit. Never specifically went to the attack location. To my mind, there isn’t much to recommend Bamako as a ‘resort town’. It’s arid. Hot, dry. Hugging the bank of the muddy Niger River. Not a ‘picturesque garden spot’ at all.

In West Africa in general, you’ve got many stressors on society: ancient tribal animosities; national borders defined by former European colonial ‘masters’; religious troubles; crushing poverty juxtaposed with fabulous opulence & wealth (the “haves” versus the “have nots”)–you name it.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Why doesn’t the DemonRats go there for vacation since they don’t believe in terrorists ??? Or better yet, send Chrissy Wallace and sheppie Smith there to report …….. I’m still waiting on Obozo and Mooch to vacation in N Korea …… Oh, and lets not forget Hollywood that was moving out of the country …. Are they gone yet ???

• harissalobo says:

@ R-C– “Hey it’s Africa…insanity is on the menu there daily…” Very accurate description, which can only be understood by ex-pats, who can often recognize events which lead to trouble well ahead of the mainstream; canaries in the coalmine so to speak. Glad to hear you got out of there alive.

• LafnH2O says:

Agreed, heart.

They must be stopped…

Because…

THEY. WILL. NOT. STOP!!! EVER….

• scott467 says:

“Stop the insanity!”

_____________

If you want to stop the insanity, the only way that can happen is to stop the islam.

A) You cannot ever “know” what is in another person’s heart, so there is no type of ‘vetting’ that will ever be sufficient to deter an islamic person intent on committing violence.

B) But what you CAN ‘know’ is what people read and consume, what they fill their heads and hearts with, and then believe and follow. islam was invented by a mass-murderer (which, amazingly, a lot of people are not aware of), and as a natural consequence, islam teaches violence.

C) if the Authoritative text of a belief system teaches violence against those who do not submit to their belief system (as well as violence against those who do), then you CANNOT be surprised that a high percentage of followers will engage in violence, and practically speaking, ALL of the rest will support that violence passively (any of this starting to sound familiar?)

Everyone knows. Everyone sees what is happening all over the world. Blood and guts and gore and mayhem everywhere, and the common denominator is ALWAYS islam and nothing BUT islam. There is no other group or ideology even contending for the spotlight. Only islam.

D) Now here’s the hard part, the part that those who are practiced at the insanity of ‘denial’ don’t want to admit, for a variety of self-serving reasons.

The simple fact is that people who follow, teach or practice islam must, necessarily and without exception, accept the inherent violence of islam.

Think about it.

Is it possible to reject Jesus Christ, or His deeds, or His teachings — and be a Christian?

Of course not, you cannot ‘accept Christ’ and reject Christ, it’s idiotic and self-contradictory, but the point is an important one.

Because in the exact same way, it is likewise not possible to reject Mohamad, or his deeds (he was a rapist and a mass-murderer), or his teachings and be a Muslim.

If anyone can refute that, how so?

And if it cannot be refuted, then can the implications of that simple reality any longer be denied or dismissed? Is the cost of that denial not the lives of innocent men, women and children? Is the fruit of such denial — the continuing murder of innocents — not tantamount to a ‘blood sacrifice’ on the pagan altar of Political Correctness?

How many people have to be murdered, before the masses stop applauding the emperor’s new clothes, and realize he’s naked?

The problem — the root cause of all the violence and disruption to our daily lives — is islam.

And until or unless a majority of us acknowledge that and determine to put a stop to it, islam will continue to riot in our blood without relent. There is no ‘happy talk’ or ‘safe space’ that can make that reality go away.

And like a battered spouse, ‘denial’ only emboldens the abuser and makes it worse.

• LafnH20 says:

scott467, OUTSTANDING!!
        I do not know how you could have been any more clear!

Always islam and nothing but islam !!
        2+2=4 Everytime!

• Bakokitty says:

The most cogent analysis of Islam I have read, your description of the muders “on the pagan alter of Political correctness” paints the clear genesis of origin ” pagan, statanic, the devil himself” who seeded the evil in the hearts of man.
        Excellent!

I wish you would/could post this on other conservative sites too.

1. redlegleader68 says:

Unlike the Jon Scarry days, it is recommended to pay attention to what T-Rex’s State Department says …

• fleporeblog says:

At this point if you don’t have a real reason to travel outside the US, you are better off not going. I am visiting San Antonio with my wife and daughter this summer for a week. We have a rental car. This will be our first time in Texas. We can’t wait to go!

I told my wife the days of wanting to go to London have died! If we ever travel outside the US it would be to Poland or Russia. I won’t go back to the country my mom and dad were born, Italy.

• I agree with you. You can go to Asian countries. We just came back from South Korea! Very safe because there are no jijads It’s pretty safe. Avoid anywhere in Europe and England!

• bofh says:

Agreed. Had an absolutely wonderful time in Vietnam. Laos was nice too. Cambodia less so – Angkor Wat is spectacular but there is a sadness that still hangs over the country since the Pol Pot nightmare. When talking to guides, hosts, etc… everyone has a story about how they lost some family members.

• Phil Garber says:

My wife and I are going to England in September for a walking tour in the countryside. I think we’ll be okay – unless the terrorists take to hitting up random village pubs. My thinking is that terrorists can strike anywhere, so why sweat it? Life is to be lived.

On the other hand, we don’t plan to spend any more time in London than it takes to hop the train to Reading. 🙂

• Wend says:

San Anton sounds and looks great. Mom loved it-BF and I must get to Texas! Have a great trip, know you will.

I lived in Poland for a year and a half and would love to go back. Russia I visited three times when it was still the USSR and loved it.

• Kalena says:

You will fall in love with Texas. I have lived there twice in my life. Most recently in Austin. I was there 3 years before I moved back to MI in 2006 to help my elderly mom. I had 10 good years with my mom. She just passed away at 93 two months ago. I don’t regret moving back but I miss Texas every day. Love the people. Love the solid, independent patriotic American attitudes. People are so polite. Good restaurants. I really miss good BBQ and Mexican can food. Restaurants here in MI just miss the mark inthose cuisines. Enjoy the River Walk. Tour the Alamo. So much to do there.

• G. Combs says:

If you are going to San Antonio, north west on rout 10 is Sonora Texas.

Sonora Caverns is NOT to be missed. INCREDIBLE!

This picture does not do it justice:

• Well wife & I have a cat boarding business and don’t know if it’s the Trump economy or what, but we have never been busier, just like Christmas our busiest time. I have a dentist customer that just took his wife and son to visit London and Paris! Go figure. Lot’s of customers going to Mexico, Cabo San Lucas. Others to Italy and Australia. Numerous others to UK. In talking to a lot of them, I get the feeling they are oblivious to the dangers.

• LafnH20 says:

Gotta love CATS!! LOL 🐱

I’ve seen a couple hangin round the Treehouse that look in need of a holiday. 😁

• Jimmy Jack says:

They may think their time to travel to Europe is fading away since the situation will only get worse moving forward. That is definite my mindset.

Luckily I’ve traveled extensively already so I don’t feel as dire about it but traveling anywhere on Europe now I’d plan my vacation very, very strategically. God speed to all you travelers.

• sunnydaze says:

Agree flepore.

Asia, Eastern Europe, fine. But I’m just as happy to stay put in the US.

My Swedish relatives can forget about ever seeing me in Sweden again.

• booger71 says:

My Passport is out of date…I don’t have any plans to renew it.

• Jimmy Jack says:

If you get a chance to go into Hill Country or to nearby Austin, take it. Both are lovely. Barton Springs in Austin would be a nice family outing in this heat as would “tubing”. You can go tubing from the river easily in nearby New Braunfels.

Bring tons of sunscreen and water bottles. Have fun.

• Unless your family were from Sicily, I’d say you should definitely go to Italy, from Rome and north. Actually, Sicily is also safe – Sicilians don’t mess around with people who wish to do them harm.

Northern Italy is just wonderful. I’ve been there lots of times: Firenze, Parma, Bologna, Venezia, Milano, Genoa, and several cities in Italian Switzerland. The biggest problems in Italy when I was there were gypsies or Roma. And they are just annoying.

• dekester says:

Victoria, Vancouver Island. If you haven’t been there you may enjoy it. We Canadians by and large a harmless bunch.

Thousands of Americans visit every summer.

One U.S. dollar will buy you approx $1.35 ( Can).

• You are going to love it…I GUARANTEE…Know why…Because I am a TEXAN by Birth. San Antonio is beautiful esp at night. Make sure you take the mrs down the river walk a t night for dinner. OMG!!! Have fun and enjoy the scenery…

2. Isn’t that the same region that the Missionary couple (Gracia and Martin Burnham) was kidnapped and held captive in several years ago. Found this article, didn’t realize that was in 2002…seems like yesterday:

3. Craig W. Gordon says:

‘The religion of peace’ spreading their gospel. (Sarc)
    Hope no civilians were hurt. Pray the local police/military do their job well!

4. auscitizenmom says:

Yeah, who in their right mind would think it would be okay to go there at this time anyway?

5. Binkser1 says:

Darn Christians always ruining everything with their religion of violence and….oh, wait, it’s just the “religion of peace” again. Nothing to see here, move on.

6. LEET says:

Gee, that pool in Mali looks pretty much like any other hotel/resort pool area you can find right HERE IN THE GOOD OLE USA.

7. carrie2 says:

I find it difficult to understand why people visit the countries where muslims abide, and yet they spend a fortune to go and here is a case where many may have been killed or females raped. Again, stupid cannot be be cured. I have suggested to many stay away from any country in the EU, Africa, the ME countries, etc., unless you have a death wish. How many visit these countries but have not visited the very beautiful parts of America? Unfortunately, a great many, and where did they get the big money to go to these places also amazes me. Credit cards, second mortgage on their home, etc.

• Wend says:

Only America for us-unless there’s a way to get to Eastern Europe without going through England or Germany.

• And add France to your/our list.

• Wend says:

Thanks forgot. I hated Orly Airport even before all the craziness. CdG was nice, good makeup store there. There was another small one I think that I landed in my first time there and that was OK. France is my mom’s favorite country in Europe and I liked it too. It’s all so insane.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Reading about how France has allowed Islamists to dominate so many jobs at their airports I don’t think I’ll ever take a flight in or out of there again or any that originate there either.

• kathycovfefe says:

You can fly direct to Budapest from Toronto. There may be other ways

• Wend says:

Thanks Kath! We’re in LA…but wouldn’t mind Toronto. Hopefully the central and eastern European countries will start getting a lot tourism.

I think the EU has flipped out about the Visegrad group refusing to take migrants. I read on the Donald reddit they gave Poland a 24-hour deadline to start taking them. Uh, who does that remind you of–1939? Anyone? Bueller?

• I would advise for people who wants to travel to visit Democratic Republic of Georgia and Republic of Armenia…Those 2 countries used to be part of USSR, have very rich and very old history, much older then Russia…For people, who don’t know, look it up.

8. carrie2 says:

Gee, another removal of my blog. It amazes me that so many will spend big money to go to any EU country, Africa, or the ME and then maybe wind up injured or dead. Also, where did they get the big bucks to travel to these resorts: lots of credit cards, second mortgage on home? I have suggested to friends that no one should go to any of these areas, and why my spouse does not want to visit his home country Germany because of all that has and is happening there.

• LafnH2O says:

Busy day…..

Growing Growing Growing…

Good thing!! Imo

MAGA 🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Sylvia Avery says:

It is part of the elitist snobbery that has overtaken our culture. American is not exceptional, we are taught, therefore why would we want to see America? Besides, how can we impress our friends at the Rotary club or the PTA if we aren’t droning on about our travels to exotic ports of call? Who is going to be impressed by your trip to Galveston, Texas or Door County Wisconsin? SMH.

• LafnH20 says:

If I ever go looking for my heart’s desire again, I won’t look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn’t there… than I never really lost it to begin with.

Dorothy Gale
        “The Wizard of Oz”

• skeinster says:

See the USA in your Chevrolet!
          Worked back when…

• G. Combs says:

Come to think of it we did!

Took a month and drove from New York to California by a northern route and home by a southern route the summer after my Freshman year of college. Mom had just had cancer, radiation and Chemo so it was sort of a now or never for my parents.

I plotted a course of one day of driving and then sights to see the next day so Mom was not taxed. We drove a Chevy Bel Air and towed a tent trailer.

It was a great trip and I would love to do it again.

• Route 66 is making a comeback…towns along the way are being revitalized by a steady increase of tourists…unfortunately they are mostly Japanese tourists and other out of country vacationers doing it.

• Jimmy Jack says:

We just did a road trip in Kentucky, completing the entire Bourbon Trail plus a few extra distilleries. It was awesome. Took some time to see Henry Clay’s house as well as numerous historic homes in Lexington and Frankfort. The people were wonderful, the food was great and Kentucky was incredibly beautiful. I’d highly recommend it.

• aqua says:

This is a perfect comment. Thank you. Don’t you wonder why the lefty liberals hate this country so much? They must have hated their childhood, their adulthood, their families…to hate so much of this country. And us.

They need a reminder from Dorothy and the Scarecrow about home being where the heart is.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I love that, TY!

• notasmidgeon says:

Yep….been to Galveston for vacation several times, in the last years. Will be so glad when our Navy family leaves Calif. There’s a foreign country for you! But then, they’re stationed way down by the border. No travel for us except, in the USA.

• Wend says:

Are they in Coronado? That used to be wonderful.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’ve never been to Galveston, but I’ve always wanted to go. Maybe some day!

• notasmidgeon says:

Not pretty water like you find on East or West coast or in Fl.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I’ve heard Port Aransas or South Padre have nicer beaches but I haven’t made that trip yet.

I saw Galveston and honestly it was filthy. Could have been due to recent hurricanes, idk. Maybe I missed the nice party. Truthfully I’m totally biased towards South Carolina beaches so maybe that’s just my bias talking.

• SA…you need to get to Galveston and also Houston…If you taste buds can stand it…the mexican food is out of this world in Houston…and when in Galveston, the local eateries have the best gulf seafood…(just ask the locals where to eat GOOD seafood)…Texan by Birth and traveled the state N-S and E-W!!! And if you drive, stop off in West Texas, anywhere…get out of the car, in the middle of nowhereville, and look up and down the highway and you can see the curvature of the earth…Yowza!!!

• Wend says:

I would love to go to Galveston!

• Wend says:

So many places here in the US-South Dakota is high up on our list, we want to see Mt. Rushmore and Wounded Knee as well as the Badlands. South Carolina is always great. MI. Al, Gulf Coast side of FLA…so much.

• Kalena says:

If you come to MI, must see places are Mackinac island, sleeping bear dunes, taquanemum falls in the UP, greenfield village and Henry ford museum, and any of our 11000 inland lakes.

• Jimmy Jack says:

My bf went to Detroit recently for an academic event and he was shocked at how much better it was than he expected. Great architecture and the Henry Ford museum blew his mind. Said it was an outstanding collection of examples of American exceptionalism and ingenuity.

We’d like to go back and check out more of MI. I’ve never been.

• Played golf at the Mackinac Island Grand Hotel course and stayed in the Queen’s Suite…

• booger71 says:

Definitely take the Spearfish Canyon drive in South Dakota…another one is the Logan Canyon drive from Bear Lake Idaho into northern Utah.

9. aprilyn43 says:

Well Ramadan doesn’t end until June 24, 2017. So… with Ramadan being the Islamic observance, where Muslims get religious: fast, pray, read the Quran & go out & murder kufir .. unbelievers, to please their blood thirsty god.

I hate the Liberals & the Left’s lies about “moderate Islam/Muslims” there simply is no such thing in Islam. Moderate Muslims, are simply apostates, according to the Quran.
    And we’ve all know how Muslims love other apostate Muslims. But then, love is a four letter word spelled, F**K, HATE, & RAPE, in Islam.

To the knowledgeable, Islam is the Quran & the Quran is Islam. Why we in the West refuse to see the truth, of the mandated Quranic violence, destruction & the bloody murder of innocent ppl is an absolute mystery to me; & shows the insanity of the “Left”.
    Those who say NO, are simply delusional & nothing more than duped ppl; who will be victims eventually.

10. Beverly says:

I would really love to see Timbuktoo, but with Al-Quada in charge of the northern reaches of Mali and the Tuaregs roaming around (seriously scary mohammedans), I wouldn’t feel safe without a battle group.

But here are some photos of that fabled city: https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g304007-w2-Timbuktu_Tombouctou_Region.html#23680925

11. georgiafl says:

Just Islam being Islam for centuries.

Yesterday in Bogota:

Two days ago – 23 killed in Somalia: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/15/somalia-restaurant-attack-death-toll-rises-to-31-as-siege-ends.html

Ramadan day 23 – 133 attacks – 1263 kills

Last 30 days: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Islamists have committed 31,034 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11/01 – average of 5-6 per day!!!

12. Minnie says:

When will people take warnings seriously?!

• LafnH2O says:

IMHO
      America has become (present company excluded of course 😊) a society living their lives vicariously and from afar through the MSM , Hollywood, and personal devices. Never imagining anything will “Actually happen” to them!
      “We” (collectively) slow down and gauk at traffic accidents, watch others win the prize, and standby or rush to film terrible and sometimes unspeakable things happening around us.
      In Hollywood, there is almost always a happy ending. No consequences. No reflection. No critical thinking.
      “We literally let “NOW” slip past us, dreaming of a better tomorrow.

One of my favs..

“Size the time, Meribor. Live now!
      Make now, always, the most precious time.

Now, will never come again.

Capt. Picard to daughter, Meribor.
      Star Trek TNG
      “The Inner Light” (1992)

Happy Fathers Day to ALL 🇺🇸

13. M33 says:

This sh!t has got to stop…

14. sundance says:

The BIG Picture is that AQIM (al-Qaeda Islamic Maghreb) needs money. Egypt’s President al-Sisi and the united arab coalition put together by President Trump, al-Sisi, King Abdullah and King Salman, have cut off funds for North African terrorism support between ISIS, al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsular (AQIP), and AQIM through their unified action against Qatar.

All Islamic terror funding is coordinated by The Muslim Brotherhood. The big financial squeeze is on.

AQIM needs money. They see the election of Emmanuel Macron (France) as a source of funds through ransom payments. France is viewed, by terror networks, as weak and vulnerable now.

That’s the larger purpose of the attack in Mali. Gain hostages, specifically French and EU western hostages, and Macron and the EU will pay.

Weakness breeds exploitation.

15. lisaginnz says:

Come to NZ instead. We’re nice here and there is lots of beautiful scenery. Cheers mates….

16. Bull Durham says:

US coalition shoots down Syrian AF jet attacking ISIS south of Raqqa.
    This is the area in which the SAA is operating on the ground. TheKurds are West, North and East of Raqqa.

The Syrian Command reacts to losing their plane and pilot.\:
    Statement issued by the Syrian General Command of the Army and Armed Forces

The International Alliance (IAAF) this afternoon called for the targeting of one of our fighter jets in the Rusafa area in the southern Rifqa district while carrying out a combat mission against an organization calling on the terrorist in the area, which led to the plane crash and the loss of the pilot.

This blatant attack confirms beyond doubt the reality of the US position supporting terrorism, which aims to try to influence the ability of the Syrian Arab army the only effective force with its allies that exercise their legitimate right to fight terrorism throughout the territory of the homeland, especially as this attack comes at a time that achieves In which the Syrian Arab Army and its allies made clear progress in fighting the organization calling on the terrorist who is being defeated in the Syrian desert on more than one direction.

It also affirms the existing coordination between the United States of America and the organization of the terrorist advocate, and exposes the malicious intentions of the United States of America in the management and investment of terrorism to achieve its objectives in passing the American Zionist project in the region.

The General Command of the Army and the Armed Forces, warning of the serious consequences of this blatant attack on counterterrorism efforts, affirms that such attacks will not discourage them from their determination and determination to continue the war against the terrorist organizations and groups associated with them and restore security and stability to all the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Damascus, 18 June 2017
    General Command of the Army and Armed Forces
    Freelance Journalist Alaa Ebrahim reports the aircraft was engaging a fleeing ISIS convoy…

Which comes just days after US military reported watched as ISIS escaped from Raqqa.

• sundance says:

Unfortunately your pro-Putin propaganda fails easily on this one. However, I do notice your apoplectic hand-wringing need to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with Syria. Your propaganda game is slipping.

The Syrian fighter bomber was specifically dropping bombs on U.S. forces. So we, the U.S.A., shot it down.

• sundance says:

• LafnH20 says:

Thank You, SD.
        With respect…

• Blade says:

… apoplectic hand-wringing need to hijack a thread …

Uh oh, is Howie in trouble again? 😉

In all seriousness, when you replied below to Sentient you used ABC who specifically undermined your specific point, and I quote you Sundance: “The Syrian fighter bomber was specifically dropping bombs on U.S. forces.:

ABC: “U.S. Navy fighter jet shoots down Syrian jet that had dropped bombs on rebel forces fighting ISIS in Syria.”

It sure looks to me like Assad was bombing McCain’s merry band of Muslim McMercenaries. And we just spent my substantial tax dollars shooting down Assad’s Syrian pilot … in Syria.

Sundance, when you write the inevitable rationalization for this second incursion let me offer some help in advance concerning false precedents. Just two will do.

Nixon :: In Cambodia, the Viet Cong snakes and even NVA regulars were dashing in and out with impunity carrying hit and run ops and loss of American lives along with our allies. But this was pre-War Powers ( indeed it is largely responsible for the stupid thing we are now operating under ). The Cambodian offensives were righteous for multiple reasons not the least of which is that we were by that time “invited” into South Vietnam by their President not unlike Russia is now invited into Syria. However, if you were alive at the time you might know that it was controversial with Nixon’s SecDef fighting against such the action but Kissinger madly pressing for it. Then the whole thing wound up in court with one of my Congressbitches Liz Holtzman ( think Liz Warren ) getting a circus judge to STOP military action and later dragging it into the Supreme Court where Nixon was affirmed. Needless to say this would lead to the Constitutionally questionable War Powers Resolution that has hamstrung succeeding Presidents ever since. Also needless to say, had Articles of Impeachment been drafted, Cambodia would have been included.

Reagan :: The Top Gun Sidra shootdown of two Libyan migs by our beloved USN was in international waters in the Med, not in Libya ( though that was their novel rationalization ). Furthermore, they were threatening and immediate self-defense was our justification.

Trump :: Note that the Pentagon says self-defense of partner forces. Jeez! This is not nitpicking. Syrian bombs fall near the McMercenary partner forces and in return our Hornet kills a Syrian pilot in Syria. This is beyond any of our wildest expectations for a non-neocon President, but it sure makes the uniparty enemy happy. President Trump now has not one, but two globalist neocon McCain-pleasing military incursions on his short tenure, both of which are far outside any precedent and devoid of any currently known Congressional authorization or even Gang Of Four/Eight signoff. This is dangerous because our President is hated by the uniparty and if they so chose to do so, both of these are Articles of Impeachment to be drafted by a hypocritical Congress who fully agree with the unauthorized action in the first place. He *must* be much smarter than this and seek explicit authorization for cover or we are gonna lose him and our last shot at saving the country.

17. Michael Watson says:

The retired Marine General made it quite clear: In a war, you have to kill more of them faster than they can kill you. The will to do that has not materialized in our country or our society. Burying terrorists with pork parts would be a step in the right direction. The question is how do you convince an enemy that to mess with you is fatal both physically and spiritually?

18. aredtailblog says:

Not to victim blame, but why are people vacationing at these places at this time in first place?

19. MOA says:

Someone named Otto will be boarding a flight to Mali as we speak.
    He will be amazed when someone shoots him because he’s an American.

20. Donna in Oregon says:

America is so vast. My bucket list is to see every state and every historic American site. That’s a lot of vacationing. I’m booked, no foreign travel necessary.

• Sloth1963 says:

I’ve been to 49 of the 50 states. Still gotta get to HI. I’ve flown over it but never landed there. Some day…

• Here on HI now. A royal pain in the rear to get to from east coast Mainland (I. E. Flying 11 hrs total in 2 planes, coach…. I mean sardine class) BUT once u r here, ahhhhhhh! Paradise. Beauty cannot be accurately described.

If I had lefty limo liberal money, I’d make sure every American high school student had a chance to see the Pearl Harbor Memorial. Going with DH and kids next week. Saw it years ago with hubby and it was very moving, as some of the tour guides and speakers were the former shipmen who survived the attack. A fellow tourist told me only 5 survivors are still alive. Don’t know if true but will find out next week.

With that in mind, a heartfelt Thank you!!! to all American servicemen and women who might read this❤️❤️😘

21. jstanley01 says:

OFF TOPIC: Some time ago, Sundance very kindly allowed me mention a charity that a Presbyterian minister in Faisalabad and I have been working to start, whose goal is to help the Christians of Pakistan lift themselves out of poverty. At which time I mentioned that I would post again about it once we were up and running.

With his kind indulgence again, here is a link to a fundraiser we have begun, to inaugurate the wider work of our envisioned charity, along with Our Story:

Help Christian Women in Pakistan
    My longtime friend, Rev. Shakeel James, the pastor of a Presbyterian Church in Faisalabad, has long been concerned about the plight of Christian women in Pakistan.

Opportunities for Christians in Pakistan, who make up about three percent of the population in this majority-Muslim country, are often limited. Especially for young women, who are sometimes forced to work in menial jobs where they are can be subject to the worst kinds of abuse.

On May 1, 2017 Rev. James and his church began a vocational school, opening a Sewing Center for Women to begin helping them improve their situation.

Clothing manufacturers in Pakistan such as Latif Traders, Liaqat and Bros., Klash, Fiaz Garments and Morni Boutique offer in-home employment at good rates for trained garment workers.

In the church’s currently-running vocational training course, 20 students are learning how to sew on a commercial level. They are divided into 2 classes, which meet 2-hours every weekday over the course of 3 months of instruction. The classes are taught part-time by a skilled seamstress. In it they are gaining the skills to start their own home-based micro businesses.

Rev. James and his church raised the money they needed in order to acquire the equipment and supplies needed to open this first of what will, with your help, be many Sewing Centers like it. They bought ten sewing machines, plus the other tools and supplies needed for the classes. And they funded a salary for the teacher. But Shakeel and I see the same need and opportunity across the whole country of Pakistan.

Our objective for this fundraiser is to establish and equip twenty additional independent Sewing Centers over the next twelve months. Each will be overseen by a pastor or business person, and each will employ a full-time teacher who runs 4 classes, 2 hours a day, and with 10 students in each class, and will graduate 40 students in three months’ time – 800 graduates total within one year – at a cost of $125 per student.

Our goal, after each Sewing Center is established, is that it will be self-supporting for future classes.

II Corinthians 8:14-15
    At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, as it is written: ‘The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.'”

For more details, photographs, and a link to our Facebook Group see:

• LafnH20 says:

Thank You, for the opportunity to help!

Would like support your efforts into the future.
      If you have or gain the ability to offer such an opportunity, please let me know .. where I can always be found… SD’s place.

May the, Lord Jesus, bless you and keep you!

TY, SD

• jstanley01 says:

Hi LafnH20,
        You are most welcome!

Presently the leg work is all in Pakistan, where the lion’s share of it will always be. But at some point on our way to becoming a 501(c)3, God willing, I imagine we will be looking at resumes in the U.S. Job one right now is proving that we can bring in these twenty Sewing Centers schools as going concerns on budget.

Eventually, we will spring for a website, but right now the best place to keep track of our ongoing efforts is on our Facebook page, “Sewing Centers for Women in Pakistan.” You can also find links to my personal page there as well as Shakeel’s.

God bless you for your interest, and especially for your prayers. And thank you for the blessing, and may He bless you and keep you and yours as well.

-Jeff

22. Southpaw says:

Sacre bleu! Round up the usual suspects

23. LINDA GARTRELL says:

Twitter blocks me every time I try to tweet any article from this site to my many groups by way of DM. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks

24. mantaplagi says:

Breaking news. Another car ramming pedestrians incident in London. This time people leaving a mosque.

Backlash?

25. mantaplagi says:

Finsbury Park Mosque was where the infamous Abu Hamza aka the Hook, used to preach.

Now extradited to the stated.

26. yucki says:

Finsbury Park Mosque | Terrorist Attack | June 18 2017

27. yucki says:

London police investigating incident of collision with pedestrians (abcnews, Jun 18, 2017)

“Police in London were investigating what they called a “major incident” tonight after reports of a vehicle colliding with pedestrians.

The incident happened near Finsbury Park in the north of London, in Seven Sisters Road, according to officials.

There were officers on the scene with emergency responders, treating a number of injured people, according to the Metropolitan Police.

London Ambulance tweeted: “We have sent a number of resources to an incident in Seven Sisters Road.”

One person was in custody and the investigation was ongoing, police said.

• nimrodman says:

“major incident”

I wonder if that’s more serious than a “matter”?
      Or even if more serious than a “serious matter”?